Review of TireBuyer

Bellevue, WA 98004, US
rbellias@atd-us.com

ji53
4/22/19

It is unfortunate when there is a need for a 1 star review. This review is on the tires & this bsuiness - Tirebuyers.com. I purchased this set of tires for my F250 diesel as they have a high weight rating and plenty of reviews saying they last for a while under the weight of my truck. I wish I could comment on that, but I am already back at the shop for the 3rd time.

The tires arrived in normal postage time (about 4 days) and seemed to be intact. I left with them installed and at about 45mph they bounces and wobbled so bad I got dizzy any my stuff fell off my center console. Thinking it was Firestone's poor performance in balancing them I went back on my next available day (2 or 3 days). They said the balance was terrible and they didn't know how it was done so poorly. That aside, they rebalanced them for me, and for free as it was a correction of their issue. I then drove off and at 45 to 50mph they bounce so hard is seems like they are leaving the road. The bounce is nearly gone after 52mph.
I called Firestone (Riverside in Clarksville, TN) and they told me the tires must not be round and to call whoever I bought them from to try and get a replacement. Thinking we were out of the stoneage and past the solid tires of yesteryear I doubted their conclusion. Nevertheless, I called the company (tirebuyer.com) to see if they had a solution. They said its very strange and sent out a replacement set.

I am now at the Firestone and they are installing them. They are going to charge for another install as they said it was not their fault and that the tires were out-of-round. While on the phone with Tirebuyers.com, the sales rep essentially said too bad and to kick rocks, we're not responsible for a warrentee installation. I asked for a manager and the rep said, oh give me your phone number and he will call you back. We all know what that means - there will be no call back.
Overall, I am very disapointed in Tirebuyer.com, Firestone, and General Tire.

davidf771
3/29/19

I purchased 2 tires for a great price. The delivery to their recommended installers occurred in a fairly timely manner, but the installation was completely botched. After I took the time to review the installer on TireBuyer.com's website, I came to realize that a critical review would not be posted by TIreBuyer.com.

I was also disappointed in the limited inventory, because when I returned to buy the other 2 tires to match the first two I purchased, they no longer had that tire. Of course, I wish I had purchased all four in the first purchase, but I had not used an online tire retailer before and wanted to see if it would be an extra headache. I only wanted to buy the second pair because the installer wanted the opportunity to make amends for the first botched installation.

That said, if I had purchased all four tires when I made the original purchase and the installer had not messed up the installation, I would have been really please with TireBuyer.com. I'm annoyed that they repeatedly asked me to review the installer and then when I did, they censored the review.

richardc831
3/22/19

I bought these tires 9 months ago. It was a fair deal. One tire started splitting down the side. I calle TireBuyer and they instructed me to send photos. I did. The next day Hailey called back and said that it was clearly due to a scuff and that it was my fault. They offered a 15 percent discount for being a committed customer.
I knew that I was in the right. I called Nitto tires and explained the situation. They said it has to be thoroughly inspected but the tire should not split and that I should go to another authorized dealer, which I wanted anyway bc I felt they were dishonest. I went to another authorized dealer and it was clearly defective. I wrote an email to Hailey and it was silence on the lines. No apology, nothing. Here's for thought, take the price and go to discount tire. They will match the price.
I also wrote a review and they wouldn't let me post bc it had to be "verified".

lanat28
1/28/19

I bought a full set of 235/55/19 Continentals. I did my due diligence and researched the tires and the companies selling them online. I would definitely buy from TireBuyer again. They had the best deal on a set of tires that cost $800 and up.

I'm fortunate to be in proximity to a warehouse. I ordered 12:20 AM on a Wednesday and the tires were at my installer, waiting at the door when they opened at 7:30 AM. Wrong tire, but they were delivered lightning fast. Called TireBuyer, proper size was reordered, no cost to me, and shipped, no cost to me, since the mistake was theirs. Right tires were delivered again first thing in the morning the next day. Had them installed Friday 1:00 PM. Start to finish, Wednesday, 12:20 AM to Friday, 1:00 PM, even with the size mixup. Never left my house once until they were installed and never had to personally pick up a single tire.

Couple of notes. First of all, you need to know what tire you need. You order the wrong thing, that's on you.

If the tire is defective, that's a manufacturing issue, not TireBuyer's fault.

I recall reading, maybe mistakenly, that the installer would be in touch when the tires were delivered. Not in my case. The Monro I used didn't reach out upon delivery. Also, if you wait until you get the delivery confirmation email from TireBuyer, at least in my case, that's 5 hours after the tires were actually delivered.

I'll be a repeat buyer.

larryt131
1/14/19

So if you want to buy from a marketing company, NOT A TIRE company, that only cares about getting your money, please be warned. They don't stand behind anything.

I bought a complete set of 60,000 miles rated tires that were defective and could not be balanced anymore at 11, 000 miles and they said basically "TO BAD, SO SAD".

I had to buy a new set elsewhere, to dangerous to drive anymore. They do not stand behind the tires they sell. They are an Internet marketing company, not a tire company.

Having experienced their true mission, I could never recommend to a friend such a sad example of professing to care about you and your business!Hope you are smarter than me to trust them and I even was suckered into their foo foo marketing and bought from them for years.

NEVER AGAIN will I be deceived by a marketing company pretending to be a real product/customer company that doesn't stand behind everything they sell!

Message me if you want to learn more about this no caring company and what really happens when you have a problem. Know they pass the buck to start!

So yes, maybe an OK company I guess if nothing goes wrong?

But isn't this why we choose a company to give our money to? To feel or be protected when something happens.

What if I had been killed because of these defective tires. (Think Firestone) I know this much 111%, I could have never warned you in advance!!!

miker562
11/17/18

Haven't had to deal with returning any tires but I bought some Nitto grapplers and they arrived at the installer in less than 24 hours. The installer could not get my truck in for a week so I called customer service and the rep called the installer and had them release the tires to me so I could take them somewhere else to get installed. The tires were the lowest priced anywhere and $350 less than Discount tire with 10% off special they had. I will only buy tires from them from now on. For those complaining about tire quality from TB, they dont make the tires, if you buy cheap brand tires, its to be expected.

angelam267
4/9/18

I agree with what Jessicas post from 2015. Sad to see that over two years later, they are still doing the same thing- selling tires that are poor quality and then when they blow apart and shred, they say its your fault. Used them literally 5 times for a boat trailer- not even 300 miles on them - and they said we must have run over something. If anyone sees the reviews and realizes that they have 8 reviews of 5 stars and 7 reviews of 1 star - nothing in between. I bet the 5 star reviews are associates of theirs - wouldnt put it past them! Ill tell anyone and everyone I know about our experience in hopes that it saves them the hassle that we went through.

devw4
2/27/18

This place is absolutely incredible, I couldn't possibly sing their praises loud enough.

They had the cheapest Nitto tires by $30, FREE SHIPPING, and they were not only exceptional in response time (5 minutes) but they had the tires at my door in 15 hours.

I still don't know how it was possible, but I am beyond elated!

jeffc171
2/5/18

I tried to return a defective tire, and got nothing but resistance. They claimed they mailed two return shipping labels, but I received neither. then they tried to claim they faxed the return shipping label to the shipping store itself, but the shipping store associate acknowledged TireBuyer sent "empty" faxes, meaning they dialed the number, but sent no documents. Swindlers. You really learn about a company when you have to return a defective product. Recommend another vendor.

Tip for consumers: Recommend another vendor. Their returns are a hassle beyond description.

Response from Mark A., TireBuyer Representative
I am sorry you had issues. We mail forms regularly. Please give us a call and we can get this fixed.
donniec20
8/24/17

Fast & Free shipping right to your local installers. Quick and no sales hassle process. Click & Buy.

johnl507
8/10/17

Reviews seem to be 50/50 for this site so naturally I was a little skeptical ordering from them. They were nearly $30 cheaper per tire (5 tires, each $275) so I decided I'd give them a shot. They list all the installers near you and their price to install so I got to pick who the tires were sent to. I called a few local companies to see what they could order/install the same tires for. Long story short, I saved over $400 going through these guys. Maybe I was one of the lucky ones who got their order right? The right tires came in, delivered quickly, and the install price was correct that was listed on the site. I also dealt with customer service, (5 stars to them) not sure why so many negative reviews against them. My email I received after purchase had a place for a tracking number but the number wasn't there. So I emailed them asking what it was. I received an automated email immediately stating I would be contacted within two business days... Well, I was emailed less than 10 minutes later with the tracking number and they also went out of their way to go ahead and look up the estimated arrival day/time of the tires and added that to the email as well.

Flawless transaction, I recommend at least trying them out once regardless of the reviews. Like I said, maybe I got lucky? But I'll definitely be going through them again. I couldn't find anybody online or local that could even come close on price!

Response from Mark A., TireBuyer Representative
Thank you for your kind words. We do thousands of transactions a month with a 99=% on time delivery and an A+ rating from the BBB. I am glad everything worked out for you and we look forward to serving you again.
ontiaw
6/8/17

I bought I tire from there and one day I was driving with my children in the car. I parked in front of my house and got out the car ..I hear hissing coming from my tire. I looked where the hissing was coming from and it was a piece of an object coming out my tire on the side of the rim. I called tire buyer and not only was the representative talked yo me badly I asked to speak to a manger and he hung up on me. I called back at this point in I little tick off so I finally spoke to a manager and when I told him how HIS representative was talking to me he proceeds to read what the rep. said I said which was totally false. I was told to send the tire back attached with paper work. (Receipts). To some it up this is the WORSE business I have ever ordered something online. They don't stand by they warranty; they need to RETRAIN all of they staff on how to talk to customers I wish they had a ZERO rate. I can't see how they still in business. I wouldn't refer the to save my life they business is NOT a business it's a joke. They can keep that money for the tire cause in the future I don't see it lasting.

randyb60
12/4/16

i bought a set of tires for my roto-tiller; and they work great. The sale was great, and the timely service was excellent. i would definately buy from them again, and would refer them to other buyers as well. (i want to thank the salesman that replyed back to my question about the tires as well) Thank you tire buyer!

howards54
9/16/16

WARNING - THIS COMPANY HAS A LONG HISTORY OF SENDING YOU THE WRONG SIZE OR DEFECTIVE TIRES AND THEN WHEN YOU CONTACT THEM TO RETURN THEM THEY WONT SEND PAPER WORK FOR EXCHANGE OR REFUND. PUSH YOU PAST THE 30 DAY RETURN PERIOD AND REFUSE TO WORK WITH YOU ! RIP OFF COMPANY THEY ARE SCAMMERS AND HAVE TONS OF BBB COMPLAINTS ! BEWARE DO NOT BUY FROM THEM

Response from Mark A., TireBuyer Representative
Hello, we have an A+ rating with the BBB. I am sorry you had issues with your order.
susanr119
9/7/16

No INFO about LACK OF POSSIBILITY OF WARRANTY. I had a nail in the side of the tire and it was destroyed. NO WARRANTY. FULL LOSS.

ddde
8/30/16

After selecting the tires the work begins. Tires were going to be delivered in 5days. Checked tracking number each day and nothing was shipped. Called them on the 5day and the service person said he had never seen this before but would get them shipped from a different warehouse. So about 2 weeks after ordering the tires arrive at the tire shop. My father takes the truck down and has the tire installed then calls me saying that they charge him $104 not the $68quote on Tirebuyer. TireBuyer says you had the lifetime balance put on not the standard. Do you think they asked which mounting you want? Just a pain thru the whole process, go somewhere else. Buy from a one stop shop and save yourself a headache of dealing with these people.

jessecam
10/19/15

"Bought 4 new tires from them in July ...less than 2400 miles on them and one shreds completely!! Keep in mind i do constant tire pressure checks on my vechile. Instead of doing the right thing and replacing the tire as a defect...IT IS MY FAULT AND I HAVE TO PAY FULL PRICE FOR A BRAND NEW TIRE AGAIN...NEVER AGAIN WILL I USE THIS COMPANY...I THINK THEY R THE PERFECT SCAM ARTIST AND OUT TO MAKE FAST CASH ....SHAME ON YALL!!! WILL SALE THE OTHER 3 TIRES I PURCHASED FROM YALL AND FIND A LOCAL TIRE COMPANY THAT WILL STAnD BY THEIR PRODUCT"

dorothyl11
1/8/15

I always shop here! They offer such great deals and the tires are always durable compared to the price. I wouldn't go anywhere else!

markn43
7/14/14

I was able to get my tires quickly! I used to have to wait for a week in order to get the tires but going through this site, they offer 1-3 days! Not only is that quick, but the process was easy as well.

joem132
7/11/14

My son was driving his car when he hit a curb a little too hard, ruining the driver side wheel. After spending some time researching, I came across this site. We were able to order a new one and have it fixed before anyone even noticed.

susanq9
6/30/14

I moved to a new area and wasn't sure where to get my tires changed. This website not only lets me get great priced tires, it also lets me know where an installation place is close to me that they trust. I was satisfied with the place and have continued to go ever since.

The prices quoted are for the tires. We do list mounting and balancing for each of our approved installers on the site and we guarantee that price.

By Mark A., TireBuyer Representative

The tires that i bought are made in China. i did not price around, i did need tires for my roto-tiller, tire buyer was the first site that i went to, that had the size tires that i needed; so i bought them. Tire buyer was not the first website i checked out. Tire buyer was the first site that i went to that had the size tires that i needed though. They are tubeless, & yes they are not cheap hard rubber tires like for lawn-mowers. i am happy with them.

By Randy B.
Questions? Get answers from the TireBuyer staff and other customers.

TireBuyer?