Review of Rainbow Shops

Tel: 1-844-5RAINBOW (1-844-572-4626)
customerservice@rainbowshops.com

beautifulc4
3/21/19

I give three stars because I mostly got three genres of clothes on my recent visit. The heavy clerks could have been more patient and I could have gotten an extra 10% off of my purchase. It is what it is though, I still saved!!! Harbison Location.

annaw202
3/19/19

I give zero stars I ordered 6 bras all same size the size i normally wear 4 were to big 2 are to small I can't ware not one if them and I can't return them. That's so wrong so basically they just stood 50$ from me its not my fault there sizes are all over the place

belindaj26
3/13/19

I placed an order online on February 15, 2019, it is now March 13th and I still don't have my order. Each week that I contact their customer service I al told it's in transit. Finally in frustration I called and spoke with the customer service supervisor (Sharon) and she said essentially the same thing all of the others have said, she would put a trace on the package and if it can't be found, they will issue a refund. How long you ask? ANOTHER 9 DAYS! $154 worth of clothing folks. I will NEVER shop with this store again.

mandiep1
1/20/19

I bought a nice pair of highwaisted 3 button pants and they fit perfect BUT the first time I washed and dried them they shrank in the length nowhere else just the length they now go to about bellow my knees I'm not impressed I loved those pants now I can't wear them and I have only word them one time and the employees were not very nice either

sharong261
11/6/18

Today in the canton Ohio location by canton center mall at 6:09pm I was in rainbow where I was threatened and disrespect by the employee bc they did not like that I was returning something they called me every name in the book when I asked who to call the lady just pointed to a paper not saying nothing about her employee not once did they ask her to chill or watch how u talk to the customers my 5 year old child was there whern she walked up to me with a pole in her hand (hanging clothes pole) and threatened me and walk to me calling out my name saying how she'll hit me and put me out the store again no one said anything to her and the whole time my child was watching this I called the number talked to someone I asked for her name and the manager wouldn't answer me at all I called the cops and waited for them when they got there 2 talked to me and I said I wanted to make a report they waited till the 3rd officer came up from talking to them and said that I wasn't allowed in the store and I needed to leave did I understand that I said so u worried about that and not that I called and want to make a report because she threatened me in front of my 5 year old still no one care that I stood there in tears as my child had to watch I woman use a weapon and threatened me and the cops said well it's a store she was hanging up clothes no she was not I said so no one cares that I was mistreated and threatened ated in front of my child bc they said it didn't happen this is how stuff and people get hurt cops not caring is wrong employees threatened me calling me b words and mid treating me is wrong and to say there's nothing I can do about is even more wrong this woman walked up to me in front of my child and she had to watch her

aylaa
10/1/18

So I'll be quite frankly honest, upon reading previous customer's "horror stories" of spending money on online orders and either getting the order months later or not receiving all articles purchased or damaged, I was incredibly worried about my own purchase.
I just spent a decent amount of money on a lot of clothes, and I feared that I was either going to never receive my order, the articles would be damaged, or pieces would be missing. A few days after placing my order, to my dismay, I receive an email stating that one of my items could not be fulfilled, therefore I would not be charged for it and it would not come. As with anyone, this raised great concern, having read previous customer's experiences, and I feared for the worst.
Alas, a couples days later my tracking number was sent and then some time after that my order arrived. To say the least, I am incredibly happy with my purchase, the clothes are well-made for a great price (got everything clearance price), and the shipping was prompt and well-packaged.
While some customers may have had a less than enjoyable online shopping experience, I myself and very happy with my purchase from Rainbow Shops.

michelem208
9/7/18

This Brooklyn family run business is a bunch of thieves I shipped back over 15 items worth $350 and they refunded me $88! Now I have to call the bank and dispute the charges to correct their thievery stealing and incompetence
They lost my business and they will miss my 5k in orders a year f.u.
I'll shop 21 and other online shop they are plenty

I called and when you ship back merchandise over 30 days they keep the merchandise and do not give a credit or refund! And will not ship the merchandise back to me!
That's stealing
No way does it state that, they will be out of business

Called senator Klein and complaint to district attorney! In NYC

sereenak
8/31/18

So I had one of the most horrible experience in customer service history. So I bought a pair of shoes at Rainbow Shops in Jamaica Centre Queens the other day along with some other clothing items. This was on the 20th of August 2018. Since then I did not look back at the shoes until yesterday August 30th 2018 when I decided to show it to my mother. When I took the shoes out of the bag I realised that there were two different size shoes in the bag and two left feet. Now upon realising this error I immediately started calling the closest @Rainbow Shop to ask if I can exchange the wrong size shoe. Now go back to the day I bought the shoes, when I paid for the shoes I took them from out of the box and gave the box to the cashier. Before I bought the shoes I had searched for the size 9 shoes box and tried one shoe from the pair. I had no idea that a size 8 shoes would be in a size 9 shoes box(yes I know, my bad). Now fast forward to yesterday when I was calling the @Rainbow Shops close by to do the exchange. They all said I had to have the shoes box to do the exchange there and if I want to do an exchange without the shoes box I would have to bring it to the original store where I had bought the shoes. So I said fine I have the receipt plus the shoes, no big deal right? Absolutely not, when I arrived at the original store with the shoes and the receipt I explained to the cashier the situation and she directed me to the store manager. I walked up to the store manager greeted him and asked if he's the manager. He said yes then I began telling him the situation. He then told me I don't have the box so he can't do anything to help me. I then continued the conversation by saying that I have a pair of shoes with two different sizes there is nothing I can do with them because I won't be able to wear them. He then said to follow him to the shoes section downstairs. My step father and I followed him down stairs where the shoes section was. Bear in mind also from the intial conversation he had a very bad attitude. I sensed that from the beginning of the conversation but I kept my cool because I did not want the situation to get out of hand. While he was looking for the shoes I was there looking with him but apparently he did not want my help he kept giving me an attitude that was unbecoming and rude. He could not find the other size 9 and 8 shoes. So that got him even more pissed and it was quite obvious. He was so rude to the point where my step father had to step in and told him that I have the receipt and the shoes so there should not be an issue. People in the store kept looking because he was talking on top of his voice and being very rude. When he finally decided to give me the correct size shoes I said to the sales representative he handed the shoes to that I wanted to try them on before leaving the store(for my peace of mind). The store manager started shouting "No I can't let you do that I shouldn't even be giving you the shoes anyways!" . At that point I thought I was dreaming I could not believe this man was being so disrespectful to a customer who had recently bought things at his store. My step father then started arguing with him because at that point he was extremely disrespectful to me. I had to ask him why was he speaking to me in that manner and told him that he is being really disrespectful. I was even more shocked by the fact that he has the audacity to say that he should not be giving me something that belongs to me since I paid for it. Apparently I went there begging the store manager a pair of shoes. I had no prior encounter with this man for him to treat me in such a manner. So of course I will never shop at @Rainbow Shops again they will never get my 2 cents again. I would rather wear crocus bags. If this is how he treats a customer I really would not like to know how he treats his staff. #RainbowShops #horriblecustomerservice

candicec36
8/29/18

Let me start by saying that I'm VERY skeptical with buying clothing online. So when I found Rainbow Stores online and their good prices, I thought there was a catch. Turns out, there wasn't.

I ordered 11 pieces of clothing that came to a total of $97 and change. Mostly rompers and tops. The clothing was true to size. The quality was not cheap. And the shipping was free because the order was over a certain price point.

Everything fit PERFECTLY. I have no complaints about the online site, but I can't vouch for the store, because I've never been. But if you're shopping online with Rainbow, you'll probably have no issues.

I HAVE NOT BEEN PAID, CONTACTED, PERSUADED, OR REIMBURSED BY ANY RAINBOW EMPLOYEE OR REPRESENTATIVE TO GIVE A POSITIVE REVIEW. THIS REVIEW IS COMPLETELY UNBIASED AND IS BASED ON MY OWN TRUTHFUL EXPERIENCE SHOPPING WITH RAINBOW ONLINE.

cherylj90
8/21/18

The clithing was of ok quality but their sizes are JUNIOR sizes only. Plus size women need not shop here. The 1x and 2x sizes are junior not womens.

aletheat4
8/15/18

Thank you for sending my orders on time and Thank you for your online Services..Loyal Customer!! I'm loving my clothes.Im a Plus size female and I look Good!!

omayrar3
8/11/18

Went to the store and got the worst Service ever the ladies without asking she told we don't carried your sizes here and staring smiling I felt so horrible worst people .

quantew
8/1/18

Cashier scanned 8 pair of kids shorts on my receipt and out of those 8 she double scanned 1/8 and put my 8th pair in the bag without scanning it so the one she double scanned I only had one of the particular upc number so instead of scanning the 8th pair she didn't scan she double scanned another pair I had one of so when I went to refund all 8 pair she out in my bag it looks like I only brought back 7/8 when she's the one made the mistake so the manager Sharita at 5751 Main Street north in Jax. FL 32208 told me she can't refund the 8th pair because it's not in my bag that her cashier bagged up and handed to me that same day I purchased the shorts which never gotten taken out of my car because when I went back the next day to get my money back for that 8th pair she told me I took a extra pair from their store when I showed her the pair that her cashier double scanned before I left getting my refund that same day...so if I got charged for 8 pair and I showed that store mgr. the pair I got double scanned for why can't I get my refund because she claims I stole a extra pair but the regional mgr not the store has contacted me back yet about the issue which happened a week ago if they feel I really stole from them they would have called the police right!!!???

brandya17
7/31/18

My kids spent their hard earned money on their order and got a shirt that was too small and then a dress that zipper was defective. When I called customer service the lady was rude and refused to let me talk to a manager saying there wasn't one. Then she tried to hang up on me while I was talking. I will never order from them again.

alicew121
7/15/18

I have recently discovered this web site threw the internet and read the reviews on sitejabber. I was a little leary because of what i read, but in reading the reviews i found out that the web site is a web site for an actual store. I thought that the cloths on the site were real cute, so i decided to go to the store and see what the quality of the clothing was.
I ended up finding 3 different stores with in 40 mins of my house. I went to all 3. Each had some of what i seen on the web site, but none had all of what was on the web site. I found many things that I liked and found the quality to be very good and made with really good fabric. I picked out the things that I loved and tried them on in their dressing room. The dressing room did need to be swept up, but nothing to major. I found the sales people to be very nice and helpful when I asked questions.
I bought a few items to take home, I have worn them and have had no issues with them.
I then went backed to their web site and ordered a few things that I did not find in their stores. My order shipped really fast and arrived quickly. Again nice quality!
Love this store. I will definitely shop here again.

Alice

shallonf
6/17/18

Rainbow has some really cute clothes, but dont expect to wear more than once. I bought a cute tank dress for a summer dinner, halfway through discovered there was a huge hole in the side, bought an adorable gauze jumpsuit for a party, seam ripped in thighs, causing huge hole in crotch. Listen, I know Rainbow clothes so I always buy a size up, but this is ridiculous. I love a great deal, but Im not saving anything if I need to buy 2 just to go out. Im done giving them my money, until they can improve the quality.

ceew3
6/4/18

I was waiting to check out and the girl working the cash register was walking to the register while looking at her phone, after my transaction she put my items in the bag and that was it didn't hand it to me, didn't say thank you or come again. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.
ALSO... The dressing room had dust everywhere.
Now the other two sales associates where courteous and polite.

monel
6/1/18

MY MOM NEED GO TO THE RESTROOM FOR EMERGENCY BUT THEY SAY THEY DO NOT HAVE THE RESTROOM HERE WHILE THE RESTROOM IN FRONT OF US. JUST THEY DO NOT WANT US TO USE IT. I HOPE ONE DAY, SOME ONE WILL PEE OR POOP ON THIER STORE LET THEY CLEAN IT. ( Local is next to Asian market - Pleasantville - New jersey )

lynnh94
4/24/18

I was visiting family 3 hours away and was never informed of the return policy. Most companies will state their policy during the purchase or circle it if it's on the receipt. This store did neither nor was it posted up by the registers. I get back to my home town and need to do a return and was told that in order to get my money back I have to go back to the original store 3 hours away... I WAS LIVID... even after calling the head office, I was told sorry you have to go back to the original store. I had my receipt and it was bought with my card.
So do not buy items for family out of town because you will be screwed and the merchandise will fall apart.

glynisc1
4/16/18

I was going to order but after feeling the frustration and the anger, I'm good. Thanks to all who wrote a review, I feel as if I dodged a bullet.

paulal84
3/25/18

This company is terrible. They dont deliver the products . I have waited over a month. They keep saying its because of high valume.. I have ow asked for my money back.
As far as Im concerned if they take your money and dont deliver its theft.
Dont order from this company.

karenw283
2/28/18

I order a plus size polka dot maxi skirt from rainbow on Tuesday, 2/6/18, and on Wednesday, 2/14/18, I received the skirt, however it was the wrong skirt not what I ordered didnt match - at all - the skirts the other nine (9) ladies ordered and received! The skirt didnt match the picture on the site and didnt match the picture on neither of the two online confirmation emails you receive after ordering. You can clearly see it is the wrong skirt!
On 2/17/18 I placed the order again - on the advisement of the cuctomer service person - and mind you, I was on the phone with her for WELL OVER AN HOUR making sure that I would receive the correct item. I read and re-read numbers to her sku number, order number, style number, etc - from my order form, my daughters order form, the tags on the wrong skirt, tags on the correct skirt (my daughter ordered and received the correct skirt - the same exact size as the one I ordered) Emails were supposedly sent to her immediate supervisor, and the packaging supervisors to ensure I receive the correct item. The lady on the phone reiterated that she sent emails to her supervisor and the packaging supervisors plural! I explained to her several times that I needed the correct skirt for March 4th and I was assured I would have receive it well before then. Hold that thought!
On Friday, 2/23/18, I received the item and AGAIN it was the WRONG SKIRT. In fact, it was the same skirt I received on 2/14/18. So now I have two skirts that are the exact same skirt AND NEITHER ONE IS WHAT I ORDERED. I immedately called Rainbow and was on hold waiting on a supervisor for 1 hour and 23 minutes. I hung up and called back and had to wait 38 minutes before someone answered and I was told that there is nothing that can be done but a refund processed, because they cannot guarantee that I would receive the correct item this time - even if I ordered the correct item again.
I asked if there was a way to find out if this skirt was in stores and I was told by the customer service rep that I would have to call Rainbow stores near me to see if the skirt in stock because their system was not set up to do so. I was told to call and give them a sku number and they would be able to tell me if the item was in stock. OKAY! I spent HOURS Friday night calling one Rainbow store in Houston after another (I live 80 miles from Houston) - I called more stores on Saturday morning. I was talked to in a VERY rude manner by several store associates and one even hung the phone up in my face while I was in mid-sentence. One store associate flat out refused and said NO I WONT when I asked her in a very polite manner - if she would take a sku number for an item to see if it is in stock!
No help there, not one of the twenty (20+) stores I called had this skirt in stock! I again called Rainbow Customer Service and was told and I quote, "There is nothing we can do, but process a refund. I was also told and I quote, You should not have placed the 2nd order on the 17th due to the first one being incorrect."
Nine (9) other ladies - (All Choir members at the same Church) have ordered this exact skirt and 3 of them have order the same size I ordered and all nine of them received the correct skirt. I needed the skirt for March 4, 2018, but I have the wrong one and I received the wrong skirt - TWICE!
This is my first time ordering from Rainbow Shops - not pleasant! NEVER AGAIN will I order from or shop at rainbow!

kekel3
2/2/18

THE CLOTHES ARE NOT THE SAME. I WISH THEY WILL COME BACK WITH THE SEXY LOOK THAT USE TO HAVE NOW DAYS YOU ARE LOOKING AT CLOTHES FROM THE 7O'S AND I WILL NOT SHOP HERE UNTIL THEY UP DATE ON BETTER LOOKS .:::::::::::::::::::(((((((((((((((((((((((((( SO SAD CAUSE I LOVE RAINBOW STUFF

sylviaj13
1/13/18

I have never dealt with a store that didn't give you a store credit for the amount you paid. I understand it was after 30 days and couldn't get my money back.... no problem, store credit is fine.
But...... there is no where listed on return policy (that I could see) that tells you that if an item you want to return is on sale, you only get credit for the sale price not what you paid even if you have your receipt. They would end up keeping your money because the item is now on sale. If I paid $40.00 for an item and returned it with my receipt and said item is now marked down to $15.00 You only get $15 credit and they keep $25. I think that's absurd.
No more Rainbow for me.
So please ask about return policy, even though I did when I walked in the store and nothing was mentioned about not getting what you paid if item is on sale. I'm a 63 year old retiree and don't have extra money to give them. The nerve!!!!!

amandar143
1/5/18

I have over $178 their cart right now, but after reading these reviews, I will not give them a dime. Im deleting my cart and will never shop with them. One thing is I understand you get what you pay for, but theres no excuse for such horrible costumer service. Two of my coworkers told me about this store, I promise you I will get them to change their minds about shopping there too. Lets help spread the word!

you only have to read the 2pages of reviews on this site to find your answer.i don't know why anybody would order their clothes after all of these bad reviews.

By jayelee w.

Not really, because they clothes are true to size.

By Vivian S.

I would.. Reason #1 Clothes shrink Reason #2 Since the clothes are cheaper you should go up one size ..ya know what I mean??

By Kalina C.

Questions? Get answers from the Rainbow Shops staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Rainbow Shops