Review of Postmates

Tel: +1-800-882-6106
help@postmates.com

meccaroniea
6/21/19

The app is very misleading... it doesn't give you the option to choose your choice of protein. It will automatically add a selection if you don't...but how can you choose not meat if it won't allow you to do so?? Then it selects a protein for you!! The app is rigged!! They are a bunch of crooks!!! I ordered 5 eggs and cheese sandwiches (no bacon) and only received 4 and when I called after waiting on hold for 35 min the lady was rude and said I only ordered 4!!! They change your order!!! I know I'm not trippin!! I know how to order food online... it's not rocket science!!! Please don't use this app!!! They will not refund my money because of technicalities!!! Not even a curtesy refund!! Never never never again!!

susiw3
6/20/19

I have a restaurant, and was contacted numerous times by Postmates, until I relented and decided to give the program a try. Once the tablet was delivered to me, the customer service STOPPED. Many promises were made, but none were kept. I have attempted to return the tablet for THREE WEEKS, but good luck reaching someone. If you haven't signed up, do your homework. It is a totally unprofessional company.

boac
6/18/19

first order was $75 in food + $46!! in service fee + tip + delivery fee. When we complained about all the additional fees they charged us (after telling us the estimated fee was $5) they suggested we pay an additional $90 fee for their unlimited service. Last time for us, avoid postmates like the plague. (Food was late 2 hours by the way)

gigid14
6/18/19

if you must use this app, be careful and document every step of your ordering process - this app is not to be trusted.

1. Prices shown on the app were different from what I was charged. I was not shown a subtotal. I thought I ordered $26 worth of food - instead I was charged a subtotal for the food of $51 - almost double!

2. Delivery fee is already high of $5.99 - I was shown that and accepted it.

3. After placing my order, maybe 10 minutes later, another SERVICE FEE of $10.23 was added. This was NOT shown to me before placing my order, otherwise I would never have accepted or ordered from this app.

4. Delivery was supposed to be at 9:20pm but my food did not arrive until 40 minutes later - at 10:00pm.

5. One item of my order was missing upon delivery.

To resolve all these issues, I went through a long, lengthy process. I was refunded immediately for the item not delivered. The rest of the process was much more of a headache.

I sent the app screenshots via email of my subtotal shown to me, which was $26, versus what the restaurant said. The Postmates customer service rep said that because the restaurant was "not a partner", prices varied. So I just gave up and paid the $51.

However, I was not ready to accept the exorbitant service fee. I was told that the app "always" shows the fee prior to checkout - which is apparently 19.99% of your total bill! I said I was DEFINITELY not shown this. After going back and forth emailing the app, and threatening to write all the negative reviews online, they finally agreed to refund the service fee as a "one-time courtesy".

I will never use this app again - would rather walk a mile and pick up my food. The headache and scam is not worth it.

amyc571
6/6/19

If I can give it no stars I would! Takes more than once to get to order then the site kept saying I had the wrong password- After many attempts, I went to place an order and the confirm button was shaded out so I couldn't complete it- An 1 1/2 hour waste of time! All customer service can say is sorry and we'll do better- Do they really think I would use them in the future!!

jonathanb344
5/28/19

Postmates is a horrible site, company and needs to be put out of business, they scam, have hidden fees, lie, and don't communicate with customers, I've have an issue with nearly every order I ever placed, from trashy, rude delivery drivers, to a delivery driver charging personal stuff to my order while picking my order up charging me for it, postmates thinks it's ok to deceive customers. Today they got back to my emails after 9 days over a week to respond to me, telling me they deactivated my postmates account I say thank you to that they did me a favor, I followed it up with calling my bank and disputing all charges placed on my account by postmates!

jeffreyr151
5/27/19

Use anyone but postmates for delivery. Total scam. Worst deal. They do not honor promo credit. What happened to us was we checked our credit card bills. See that the credit was not enacted. You get in touch with Postmates but they refuse because it was past five days. It should be for 30 days. Sometimes you can't get your credit bill until a few days later. Total scam.

alexa399
5/25/19

I ordered some food. The food was delivered but the order was wrong. Postmates has no contact number to deal with immediate issues such as this. They only have idiots on the other end of an email. I was reimbursed half of what my entree was that I was not able to eat because it was wrong. I will never use post mates again. Grubhub or other delivery services are much better with customer service when issues arise.

emilioj6
5/18/19

I ordered from Postmates for the first time today. The total was $66 but, when I looked at the bill from the restaurant, it was $43 !!!! TOTAL RIPOFF !!!! AVOID AVOID

annac270
5/17/19

Every item we try to order is well above what we pay at the restaurant on top of the feed. I just tried to order a hot dog from a place we usually just go to, the menu price at the restaurant is $5.39...Post mates price? $13.94! The photos are of the menu and postmates app. More than double priced for the same food and I am already paying a fee for the delivery. Liked Post mates for a minute, cancelling my membership.

janets477
5/15/19

I've had several issues with this company. I've had a couple of incidents where the restaurant messed up my order and I reported it to PM but they just apologized and gave me some credit for my order which was okay until recently where I had another issue with chipotle where they didn't include a few items of what I had ordered and at that point, they stated that based on my history of issues with that, they won't provide any credits (as if its my fault that they messed up my order) Lastly, I had this one incident where I had to wait almost 2 hours for my food and when the driver finally was seen driving around the opposite side of the building, I called the driver to provide specific directions and he lied and stated that he was coming but he was actually leaving and marked my ordered as "delivered" They never address any issues with their drivers, they can just take the food with them and they won't be held liable. We had to drive to the restaurant and wait another half an hour for the food to be redone. They cannot be trusted and they fail to address and solve any issues. STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU WANT A BAD DRIVER THAT CAN GET AWAY WITH STEALING YOUR FOOD AND WRONG ORDERS!!

richardi43
5/7/19

Tried Postmates one week free delivery offer and it was great, but we decided not to extend
because we wouldn't use it enough, forgot to tell them. They charged my account $95. I called them, explained my position and they refunded my money. Couldn't ask for more.
I suggest you give them a try but follow the rules yourself and hold off on screaming insults
and threats.

Tip for consumers: Treat them as you would like to be treated.

tw447
5/5/19

Placed an order through Postmates for an order of loaded boneless wings. I was delivered either buffalo or barbecue boneless wings. When i reached out to Postmates to complain, they only offered me a refund of $1.16 and a credit of $5.

$1.16 refund for food that I don't eat.

I also ordered the tripple dipper platter with chipolte chicken crispers and southwest rolls...the crispers were SOOOO drowned in sauce that the rolls (which were not cut in half) were too and fell apart when you picked up.

Sloppy work, sloppy food, sloppy service.

I usually love Chili's but after this I'm done.

ryank211
5/3/19

Have tried to use them now for the last time. Always say items we order are unavailable and have gone as far as cancelling our order. NOT RELIABLE!!! Use another delivery food company.

brandonj85
5/1/19

I applied for this company and they denied my for a old driving on a suspended but i see the other drivers around here and kno for a fact some of them have drug charges and domestic violence charges. All i have on my record is the driving on a suspended. Also after reading reviews on a lot of sites im glad I didnt get the job the company is a joke.

chelseam76
4/28/19

I place and order to panda Express and it took the driver Chad 45 min to even deliver it. When he got to my house he called and said I have your order and made me walk to his car to get it. He handed me the bag and drove away. I knew something was wrong because of how light the bag was when I got inside and opened it up it was a bag of trash, the driver ate my food handed me his trash then drove away. I still am in shock and u think postmates would at least offer to have it rediliverd and refund but I cant even get a hold of them. I'll never order from there site again.

yvonnei8
4/19/19

items missing from order and was NEVER accomodated for it, money basically STOLEN. TERRIBLE!! all they would do is say sorry for inconvenience without actually properly resolving the issue!! i need my refund but they do not make any efforts for accomodations that COUNT!! and this isn't the first-- im just going to delete the app after this post.

staceyb123
4/18/19

Buyer beware!! I was supposed to be charged $32 & change & then my delivery time was being pushed back & back & back -then I noticed they were charging me $18 more. $50.04? What? There's no way I was going to pay that so I canceled my order- it had not been completed or picked up & I got an email stating they were going g to charge me $50.04??? I cancelled & didn't receive anything!! I will NEVER order from them!! No wonder their reviews are 1 star. I would give them less but gave to give @ least 1. Scam artist!! They have no contact phone # & don't return emails. I will dispute w/ cc company.

fdhgfdh
4/14/19

Doesn't allow customer to make mistakes on ordering (even when they try cancel within 2 minutes of ordering) --charges full price for immediately cancelled order and claims it's because order is on the way when in fact, the restaurant said that they haven't even started making it. Yet, Postmates allow themselves to be late and make mistakes on order, only at most gives you pitiful $5 refund for extremely late order. Just..WTF

jeans247
4/10/19

With all the competition of food delivery in place I am shocked Postmates is still in business. They have lost their customer service touch and now are just into making money. So I as a consumer choose to spend my dollars elsewhere. This is after asking them to rectify more than one mistake and telling me no. Shame shame.

elizal13
4/3/19

I'm shocked that this company is still going strong. They are 100% scammers. I'm assuming that most people are just taking the hit and moving on. Nope! Not me! They charged me triple the amount of my purchase. When I contacted them they said it was a "temp hold" and it would be refunded. It's already been a week Annnd nothing. I've contacted my bank and they will be disputing the charge. I've read that postmates tries to explain away their shady dealings by saying the final cost is an "estimation". Bull$#*!.. No legit company bases their business off of guesstimations and at their discretion are able to take the amount of money they see fit. That's fraud and illegal as $#*!. I'm not the one postmates .. Not the one.

christ374
3/27/19

Please read the reply I left for Matt.. please everyone this company is a fraud.. use something else if it's available in your city.. if not please drive like 5 minutes or whatever it is rather than using Postmates.. I know that food delivery is a leisure for you customers but please keep in mind what I said..

geris27
3/25/19

I order from them alot so I do get some order issues well I had another issue with my order missing food cold orders and they said Ithey could not issue refund because i already had order issues in the past that is unfair and not within customer service i just what to recieve what I paid for I didn't pay for rudeness and food that is sometimes not edible and missing items which is alot and did not even report it. Plus unlimited it is not for if you don't order a certain amount you pay for Delivery. All in all so disappointed.

julic7
3/23/19

Postmates was great! They took my order, sent it to the restaurant, picked it up and delivered in a timely manor. Couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thanks guys!

mikc10
3/21/19

If my order comes and they miss an item (the drink!! Everytime) or the order is wrong i will let them know and get the money back for the things I didnt recieve. I've done it 4 times and now postmates have said I've had to many. I ordered food, it came wrong, I reported it and postmates said "due to the frequency of your requests we can not refund you". So I sent them a picture of the weird food i was sent and apparently there is a limit to how many times you can complain about having to pay for things you didnt recieve.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Postmates number.... Customer service # 888-815-7726

By Jonathan B.

Their app has all type of glitches and issues they did the very same to me I didn't even sign up for their free trial but I am now having to dispute a charge of 95.88 on my account . I was charged for orders I never got and also I reached out to them multiple times never got anything back . They actually put on the app that the order was resolved when I have never spoken to them this company is a fraud and I do not know why they are still in business! I'd say remove your card information.

By Joanna V.

Questions? Get answers from the Postmates staff and other customers.

16 Photos for Postmates