Review of Postmates

Tel: +1-800-882-6106
help@postmates.com

jamesw976
1/18/19

We like to give everybody more than one chance, however Postmates customer service were more insulting than an arrogant teenager who steals your money which is what Postmates feels like. We emailed Postmates our disappointment about this being our 2nd order of food received cold and they responded with the following condescension . .

"Thanks for reaching out about our time estimates. We'd be happy to look into this order right away.
I know it can be frustrating to see the timer adjust while you're waiting for an order. There's a reason for each update, and we want you to know just what to expect from your Postmates experience.
"As soon as we accept your order, our systems go to work looking at traffic patterns, food prep time, and the locations of you, your Postmate, and the merchant. Also, We keep in mind of the Merchants level of business, seeing as it is a weekend, there is the possibility of high volume for Bricksworks Bistro on this Friday evening during their dinner time. We use all this info to figure out how much time you can expect to wait before you have your order in hand. With these many factors, the timer updates the whole time.
Once your order is en route, we'll show you on the map where your Postmate is with your order. I hope this sheds a little light for you on your concern for delivery time, Marc!
If there's anything else we can help you out with, please let me know! We're always happy to assist however we can.
Myeiah B.
Associate I, Customer Experience"

Essentially, we received our food completely cold and Postmates gives every non-sense excuse possible. If they were delivering non-perishables we wouldn't care how long they take, but essentially we don't like eating cold french fries, soggy fried food, and being spoken to as if we are so stupid to give Postmates our money, we deserve the cold food and insults and so we want everyone to know that . . POSTMATES CAN NOT DELIVER FOOD IN GOOD WARM EDIBLE CONDITION, BUT ONLY COLD, SOGGY WITH MISSING ITEMS followed by INSULTS ABOUT THE CONDITION BY POSTMATES "CUSTOMER SERVICE". STAY AWAY FROM POSTMATES EVERYBODY! POSTMATES IS ANOTHER JUNKY COMPUTER WEBSITE COMPANY INCAPABLE OF DELIVERING FOOD and we only lived 0.6 miles away from the restaurant. CHEATING, USELESS, INSULTING POSTMATES PEOPLE.

matthewp173
1/17/19

Postmates never delivered my order and charged me full price for the delivery and food . They refused to give me a refund or a credit . This company is the worst ever . They will be bankrupt soon .

michaelc1497
1/13/19

I placed the order and in some time the driver called me from out of state number that he can't find a parking by the building and the available spot is far. After that he left and order was never delivered.
Sasha J. Customer Service Professional Postmates sent me email "It appears that your Postmate arrived at the delivery address on the order and waited for at least 5 minutes, but they weren't able to connect with you. We notified you via text message and push notification that your order was about to be delivered. Since your order was already placed and paid for, you were charged the full amount for your order and delivery."
It's something new that they can charge for not delivered orders.
The most unprofessional service with not qualified out of state drivers and worst customer service.

levid31
1/11/19

I would give a negative star but that's not possible. They accept the order and then they keep extending you delivery time. Once they exceed your patience they even have the ordasity to threaten to charge a cancellation fee. I will be making sure everyone knows how horrid to his company is.

burtb26
1/6/19

Postmates' willingness to rectify messed up orders is pathetic. No matter how much they mess up, they only want to give you a $5 credit (if you're lucky enough to get a response). Their communication system is completely by email. Their "contact us" part of the website often bounces you around to different suggestions/FAQs, instead of giving you a way to contact Postmates.

josephp342
12/31/18

Postmates needs to go out of business in 2019. They are consistently stealing from deivers $1 here and $2 there so it becomes difficult to make a big deal about $1 and whenever I do complain about delivery fees being short they either #1 ignore me or #2 say their payout is correct and thats that. They have multiple drivers claiming the same issues. They leave drivers in bad situations all the time. You cant see drop off location until after food is picked up. They say walmart deliveries pay more, but they simply pay less delivery fee so every thing will add up to $4 plus it takes way more time to complete a wall mart delivery for no extra pay. They force customers to tip so they will never tip more than $1 which makes it tough. The complaints pile high and its the management disingenuous responses that makes me leave a review

nellyd6
12/30/18

My estimated total was 30% less than what I was actually charged and I have to pay $20 to cancel. I would have just drove to get my food I'm so annoyed! Never ever using postmates again, literally a scam. The percent error on that estimate is out of the roof!

chanteled1
12/22/18

I ordered from Shanghai Mammas in Cincinnati ohio plainly stated all meat on side with other intructions. All other intructions were followed except meat. Also asked for extra rice. All rice was grouped in one bowl and meat was added. Husband and daughter are allergic to shrimp. So all of the food was un editable. Full charge was $19. Plus sent picture explained in 10 emails and they would only refund half of the order. Unacceptable. Horrible service

jeanneg55
12/9/18

Scummy scammers-Charge more than I signed for and refuse credit- don't use them!!!!! I see class action coming their way!!!

ashleyd201
12/7/18

Postmates is such a MESS and the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE. Did I say worst? I'm sorry, I meant nonexistent. I can't even count how many times they screwed up orders. We've been brought the wrong food several times, they constantly ignore directions (i.e. dressing on side, or add cheese), their menus listed online for local restaurants are often incorrect and there are usually a lot of missing items from the regular menu, we've had food delivered to our neighbors on multiple occasions, we've been charged the wrong amount, we've had tips charged multiple times for the same exact delivery, so many times we'll be in the middle of an order, get everything submitted, and click order only for a dialog box to pop up saying "Restaurant Currently Unavailable." REALLY?! THEN WHY IS IT LISTED AS OPEN?! The absolute worst though, is their complete lack of customer service. They have NO NUMBER to call. Who does that? You have to click through a crap ton of options in order to submit a complaint or error, and you can only submit it ONCE. So once you click on something as an error, you can't go back into that order and ever contact them again. You may wonder why this is a problem? Well, one time a delivery was over an hour late so we contacted them saying that it hadn't arrived. We received an automated reply saying someone would call or email us. Another hour went by and nothing. At this point, it's been hours and we're starving. Finally, we're like, "f*** this," and I go to cancel the order, but low and behold, nope, can't do it because it's being investigated. It took days for them to even get around to refunding us.

Screw this company. The one good note is that most of our drivers are really nice, but the corporate/admin side just makes me want to punch a wall in frustration. Don't use these jerks.

rodw29
12/4/18

THOSE JERKS ACCEPTED MY ORDER, CONFIRMED DELIVERY & THEN CANCELLED!!!! THE RESTAURANT HAD ALREADY PREPARED THE 2 ORDERS & WAS WAITING FOR PICKUP!! I PHONED THE RESTAURANT & SAID TO HOLD THE ORDERS FOR A UBER-EATS PICKUP. WHAT A DISPICABLE BUNCH OF LOWLIFE MORONS!! WHO JUST DUMPS YOUR DELIVERY 1/2 HOUR BEFORE A CONFIRMED PICKUP?? NEVER USE THESE IDIOTS!! USE UBER-EATS!!!!

johnnyc107
11/29/18

They pay you slave wages. It's bs. Scam scam scam. It's a scam like most startups . It's a scam. I hate this business

meleeneb
11/26/18

I placed an order for an ink cartridge from Staples which cost 22.99 with tax about 24.99.
They charged $56 for the ink cartridge and added an $11.99 service fee!
Mind you they never showed any service fee charge before placing the order. How is this business still running, cheating people like this?!?!

On top of that...no live customer service. You can only send an email through the help section. And...they force you to leave a tip. If you don't leave a tip for your last order, you cannot get into your account to view anything!

daniellel130
11/20/18

Postmates charged my card never delivered the food and refused to give me a refund EFF YOU POSTMATES

gozz
11/19/18

If I could give them a negative review I would. I ordered food that was $10.99 and the total came out to be $22.08 which I thought was high. As soon as I placed the order I was charged for $28.04 with no detail as to where the increased price came from (in fact, the total on the order still shows $22.08). I submitted a report which was changed to "resolved" without ever being contacted and the charge still standing. By the morning, they had charged my account $33.66. The total for the food only, no taxes or fees included, showed to be $22.66. When I emailed, they claimed the price of the food can change depending on the merchants, which was untrue in my case because I called the restaurant which confirmed the original price of $10.99. This is a huge RIP off and I am deleting this app as soon as I get my refund.

sarak132
11/18/18

First of all, they have corrupt employees and delivery people. Second, my account was hacked, many orders placed (hundreds of dollars mind you) on my account to another address in another state. Postmates security is so bad they don't even ask you to verify when you deliver to a new address. I had to take it up with my credit card company because Postmates still hasn't gotten back to me. I've completely removed all my info from the app, addresses, credit card, everything. Never use them!

craigm239
11/13/18

As a postmate courier i just got a letter that my rating has dropped below the threshold making me in dange of being deactivated. Apparently happening to many others. They treat us about as well as they treat customers. Like $#*!...beware

kellyb409
10/31/18

I ordered 2 meals plus an appetizer. The appetizer and 1 entree were burnt so badly that the were not edible. I had to throw them out and my husband and I shared the other entree. I was given a credit of $6. Both the restaurant and Postmates made $$$ off of me for food I couldn't eat. Plus, our order was about 20 min late. It's really bad business. I'm sticking to Door Dash. Their customer service is the best.

ilanr1
10/31/18

Got charged for food that was never delivered, and the customer service sent me the most annoying email saying "to keep everyone happy we will still charge you for the meal"

edl110
10/28/18

I have ordered using Postmates ten times now, and on two occasions there were issues with the order. The problem is that Postmates won't do anything to help you. They say they'll "look into it," but really what you'll get is a "too bad, so sad" message. They'll tell you that you need to contact the restaurant yourself and deal with it. However, this is hard to do because you don't have an order number or a receipt from the restaurant since it's Postmates you placed the order through. Since I had issues two times out of ten, that means that 20% of the time, I'll likely have an order problem that I just have to suck up--no way to get a replacement item or a refund. If you're okay with those odds and that type of service, then you may be fine with Postmates.
Oh, and one more thing. The delivery time you're initially given always changes. Every delivery has been later. Most of the time, that estimated delivery time gets moved back...and back...and back.

mikew533
10/26/18

I would just say ditto to EVERY review of this company. Nothing about food or delivery. Charges are 40 to 50% higher than quoted. Totally fraudulent! Consumer BEWARE!

christak15
10/12/18

I have used Postmates on several occasions along with my co-workers. We have never had any issues until now. Order my food, wait an hour. Driver gets to my building, says she is here. I text her my Suite number as I always do. No answer, she leaves. No communication, no nothing because her lazy ass didn't want to get out of the vehicle. Postmates has no phone number, no email to contact them just a help feature to which I get an email that says sorry YOU missed your order but that the driver waiting five minutes and the food is already paid for sorry. Oh NO!! So, three emails later still no response. And they have kept my money, no food!!! I bet the deliver driver ate it and said she delivered it. For the amount we pay in delivery charges service should be better. Posting a blast on FB as well!!!

joannav15
10/8/18

They took 95.88 out of my account when I never had a subscription with them I downloaded the app placed an order when the driver came half the order was missing. The driver seemed intoxicated and when I tried to contact the driver the app wouldn't let me. I tried to contact their customer service they never answered but they marked the order resolved when I never spoke to them. I wrote them three emails as they do not have a phone number they never reached back to me and continued to charge my account. My bank placed a stop payment and I was told that they modified their name to take more money out of the account now my debit card is closed and my bank has to mail me a new one and now I have to wait to pay my rent I have never been so livid and disgusted in my life with a company I cannot understand how this company is still in business . Do not use this app. Also they've charged me for orders I never got and whats so crazy all the orders are from the same restaurant .I also removed my card information and deleted the app but somehow they still have my information. Now I can't access my money and now have to wait to pay my bills until a new card comes in because of these disgusting individuals. I'm going to be reporting the to the better business bureau. Not only am I disputing that charge but 4 other charges! I have two toddlers that constantly need diapers and all kinds of stuff but now me and my kids are in a pickle because of a crook company names Postmates!!!!!!!

lizb171
10/6/18

Postmates charged my card 100$ on day when I did not even order food. Despite the fact that this is illegal, they did not even provide an explanation for this. I highly recommend people NOT use their service. They will perform unauthorized charges on your account, and their customer service is highly unprofessional. I have never left a review for a restaurant or delivery service. But this was so bad that I had to.

aubreya14
9/20/18

I went on my first run and right after I picked up the food and went to find out where I was supposed to take it, the app crashed and locked up on my. No support phone number and no way to get the customers information. I don't know what to do with the food and the poor customer isn't getting to eat.... I picked it up over an hour ago and am totally out of options. Pissed me off. Why don't they have a Customer services number! Ridiculous!!!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Because they cheat people out of money for the inability to deliver food in warm, decent edible condition in its entire order condition.

By James W.

Their app has all type of glitches and issues they did the very same to me I didn't even sign up for their free trial but I am now having to dispute a charge of 95.88 on my account . I was charged for orders I never got and also I reached out to them multiple times never got anything back . They actually put on the app that the order was resolved when I have never spoken to them this company is a fraud and I do not know why they are still in business! I'd say remove your card information.

By Joanna V.

Questions? Get answers from the Postmates staff and other customers.

9 Photos for Postmates