Review of Postmates

Tel: +1-800-882-6106
help@postmates.com

alexisr81
3/20/19

There is no real customer service support so if you have a problem you have to wait a day for them to email you. When you do finally get an email back it will be the same automated email from different people. Then eventually someone will email you saying they can not help you at all.

annee55
3/19/19

I wished I had seen these reviews before I ever tried postmates. This company is horrible in all aspects. If you see this before you use them, runaway fast and never look back. Eventually they will rip you off! I promise one way or another.

Anne

shelbyr37
3/14/19

I've been in customer service and or the food industry for over 10 years. I do not know how this company is still in business. The ETA on your food delivery changes every 5 minutes and God forbid you decide to cancel. They'll still charge you so you may as well wait while you starve. Absolute GARBAGE.

ruthv31
3/12/19

Brought cold food, missing and incorrect items from my order, raised the delivery fee after ut had already been delivered and refused to correct the missing/wrong items or issue a refund. Will be sticking with Doordash!

nykilyal
3/5/19

Postmates is a fraudulant company.They sat here and charged me 48 bucks for an order that was originally priced at 19.99. The crazy part is that when I placed my order my total xame up to 26.33. After it was delivered it was a whole new price that I did not authorize which came up to 35.98 as a pending charge. I immediately called customer service to find out what the hell is going on but of course I got the run around and no one was able to assist me. The following day the final charhe made from my account was 48 bucks which incuded 43.95 for a 19.99 order + an additional 3.95 for whatever reason they decide to make up. I emailed customer service this time instead of calling but to no avail. They sure as hell have the right one in me..I work hard for my money and I dont take kindly to people stealing from me. I let my bank know that I did not authorize those charges and they will be starting they're own investigation!!!!

HELL NO I WONT RECCOMMEND

jimw341
3/3/19

I bust my butt driving too much, delivering food in dangerous weather conditions, waste too much gas & put in too many miles in my car to only be compensated between $4-$8 for over a 30 minute drive. This should be like a Part time job for teenagers.

jenniferj303
3/1/19

Be warned this company does not care about service or train their couriers how to respond to delivery issues.

We ordered from Zankou for a department lunch (15 people) on Postmates. When the food was delivered, there was only two bags so my coworker who went to meet the driver questioned him on the completeness of the order. The driver was defensive and said, YES he absolutely checked the order and then became angry when questioned if he was sure. When my coworker came back to the conference room with 2 bags, we were shocked to find more than half of our order not included. POSTMATES does not have a service number and you must email them with issues for an order AND an explanation for each order item. REALLY, Postmates? You messed up and order, let me spend 20 minutes filling our your forms. We contact Zankou and to their credit(shout out to Zankou), they were immediately attentive and started on the missing order which WE ran over to pickup since it's now been 2 hours with people waiting the conference room. Postmates customer service provided us a $5.22 credit (yes, you read that correctly) which was a cucumber salad and a $10 credit. Our order was nearly $200 and they charged us $25 service fee. REALLY? What service did you actually provide? The 2 1/2 wait or making us DRIVE to get our own food?

On principal and because I can not support a business that treats customer service like a favor to be withheld, I cancelled my annual subscription and I will definitely look to other delivery services.

aprilm229
2/24/19

I ordered food from Taco Bell on 2/24/19. I ordered (4) crunchy taco supremes, (3) soft taco supremes and a nacho bell grande. Three of the tacos were inaccurate, so we did not eat it. I contacted Postmates and they gave me a credit of $2.81. The two crunchy taco supremes was $3.58 and the one soft taco supreme was $1.79. I should've received a credit of $5.37. But, instead Postmates said that there was nothing else they could do. So, it is okay to steal your customers money! Postmates are thieves and I will never order from them again because this wasn't the second order that was messed up. They need better customer service reps and the customers satisfaction needs to be your first priority! If you want a correct order, go pick it up yourself because Postmates is a waste of time!

paulas224
2/24/19

I have ordered from Postmates twice. This was the third and last time I will ever use them. They never delivered the food. The driver was saying he was outside and I was standing by the front door but never showed up. When I reached out to a Postmates they said that this was the second time I was a no show and that the money was not going to be refunded. That was a complete lie. I have never missed a delivery. There were only two prior deliveries that I never had no issue with. When I told them this they kept saying that this was their company policy! Beware of this company. They are scammers and no the customer service is non existent. I'm sure my driver enjoyed my dinner on my dime.

kimf171
2/23/19

I have only ordered from Postmates a few times. Tonight will more than likely be my last. Delivery person was very rude. He did not want to walk the food to my front door and argued me down about it. I told him he could drive off, no biggie. He gets out of the car and says something rude when he gets to my door and shoves my food in my hand. I emailed Postmates because for some reason companies feel like it's not important to have a phone number anymore and of course nothing was done to resolve the issue, at least nothing that would fix the problem.

I am very disappointed because this is the second service I used with this type of service. Companies now seem to only care about money and not the actual service being provided. Or at least that's the way it comes across when you send basic generated messages and/or when you have no one in place that truly cares about customer service.

vickys52
2/18/19

NEVER EVER AGAIN. The customer service folks just give a canned reply when you tell them half of what you ordered didn't show up... issue a $5.00 credit when there is over $12.00 of food missing! Theft! I'll take it up with my Credit Card company. I'm pretty sure these shysters won't last for much longer. They are so dishonest.

jerryb271
2/17/19

I delivered for Post Mates in the first part of Feb. 2019. Promising a $125 bonus for 10 deliveries completed on a Sunday, they shut me down when I was completing my 8th delivery and closed my account. Even as a driver, you can't get to these people, but they can certainly get a hold of you when it comes to delivering a customers order. I have e-mailed them several times about my earnings which they posted but never paid. Customers and delivery drivers need to file a class action lawsuit against these shrills.

marial477
2/16/19

Worse service ever. Delivery time was never met. The pic of my driver. Not. Some young kid delivered. Smart ass. Never again

michaelr1015
2/14/19

First, a couple of weeks ago they over charged me $31 on my order. Tonight, not once but twice they never delivered my orders, and didn't even have the nerve to call me to let me know they were not able to deliver my food. Don't waste your time or money with this company. Door dash or grub hub is a much better value.

melissab382
2/14/19

Yesterday I received food that was literally cold!! It came over 20 minutes later than they stated it would. Then when I sent a message to them, I got no response but it states that problem is resolved. Then they won't even let you make another complaint! HOW IS IT RESOLVED?? They resolved it as soon as I got my food. The issue was FAR from resolved! My food was cold. the fries and the burger. I ended up giving the burger away because I don't like to reheat food and the fries were thrown away! Then When I figure out a way to send another message, I HAVE STILL GOTTEN NO RESPONSE!!!! Then I get a notification from them to leave a tip for the driver, HELL NO!! She won't be getting a dollar from me and I WANT MY MONEY BACK ON THAT ORDER!!! This is the second time money and food has been an issue with them. Then their business model is that you can't order your food until you tip your driver and they only allow you to tip what percentages they offer. Who are they to tell people how much they are going to tip or tip at all if the service isn't up to par. I spend over a $100 during my work week with Postmates but that will probably be all over with after this because I am HIGHLY disgusted by their customer service and Care
Let's add that they love to confirm orders and then cancel 15 - 20 minutes later. Just go with GrubHub! They at least will take care of their customers FAR Better than PostMates will! They've lost my business and I am cancelling my $15 a month plan with them

johns3626
2/11/19

I ordered two pizzas. They were delivered upside down, folded on top of one another, toppings everywhere, messiest glob I've ever seen. They wouldn't refund my money. I used to order food 2-3x a week from them. Now I'll never use their services again. Terribly shortsighted company that doesn't care about keeping their customers happy.

brittneyd17
2/6/19

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Instead of resolving the issue, they send canned responses saying "I'm sorry our solution did not meet your expectations, hope you try us again." Blah blah blah even though they did not offer a solution to even attempt to meet expectations. They get orders wrong and then the incompetent drivers just fumble around trying to justify their incompetency and say "just email customer service and they'll take care of it." Well guess what, customer service is just as incompetent as the drivers and are less than helpful. They did not fix the situation, resolve my issue, or meet my expectations. I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.

rachelr167
2/3/19

My total was $4 more than I confirmed after ordering to meet their minimum. Then I ordered from a place whom I assumed they were affiliated with since it was a searchable business in their app and was charged a service fee. How was I suppose to know you list places you're not affiliated with??!!!? The food took forever to get here and to top it off it was incorrrect and they refund me $1.35 on my next order. But I will not be ordering again so it doesn't help me . DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY

barryg95
2/2/19

Our son worked for Postmates a few summers ago and for that, we are thankful. We ordered a delivery yesterday to deliver from a restaurant tonight. We received confirmation via email. 20 minutes before the food was delivered, we received a message that the order was cancelled because there was nobody available to deliver the food. This is unprofessional and demonstrates an appalling lack of organization and leadership. Exacerbating the situation, there is nobody to call, email, or otherwise contact. We will never use Postmates again. Thankfully, there are other choices.

janetc283
2/2/19

I refuse to use this service again. Ordered ribs, bbq chicken and shrimp tacos and instead got chicken fingers and a pasta dish. They refused to issue me a refund!!!!

michellel422
2/1/19

We ordered using postmates. Food was supposed to be here by 9:03 pm. Around 9:01 we received a notice that the food was delivered. We never received our food. Then some of our other options weren't delivering anymore for the night. Had to settle for something we really didn't want.

stepho2
1/31/19

So I got this spam message from Postmates today entitled "Detox to Retox". In the body of the email it states the customer has an opportunity to "retoxify" the body after a supposed "January Detox" and month of "healthy foods".
So this not so subtle message is that Postmates customers can eat "toxic" food once again! And order that "toxic" food from the restaurants that support them!
And of course, they are educating the customer that healthy eating is "depriving" themselves.
Brilliant. I emailed the company but felt the need to post this, since this is the most pitiful, tasteless, condescending, unprofessional piece of garbage "marketing" ploy I have ever seen.

jamesw976
1/18/19

We like to give everybody more than one chance, however Postmates customer service were more insulting than an arrogant teenager who steals your money which is what Postmates feels like. We emailed Postmates our disappointment about this being our 2nd order of food received cold and they responded with the following condescension . .

"Thanks for reaching out about our time estimates. We'd be happy to look into this order right away.
I know it can be frustrating to see the timer adjust while you're waiting for an order. There's a reason for each update, and we want you to know just what to expect from your Postmates experience.
"As soon as we accept your order, our systems go to work looking at traffic patterns, food prep time, and the locations of you, your Postmate, and the merchant. Also, We keep in mind of the Merchants level of business, seeing as it is a weekend, there is the possibility of high volume for Bricksworks Bistro on this Friday evening during their dinner time. We use all this info to figure out how much time you can expect to wait before you have your order in hand. With these many factors, the timer updates the whole time.
Once your order is en route, we'll show you on the map where your Postmate is with your order. I hope this sheds a little light for you on your concern for delivery time, Marc!
If there's anything else we can help you out with, please let me know! We're always happy to assist however we can.
Myeiah B.
Associate I, Customer Experience"

Essentially, we received our food completely cold and Postmates gives every non-sense excuse possible. If they were delivering non-perishables we wouldn't care how long they take, but essentially we don't like eating cold french fries, soggy fried food, and being spoken to as if we are so stupid to give Postmates our money, we deserve the cold food and insults and so we want everyone to know that . . POSTMATES CAN NOT DELIVER FOOD IN GOOD WARM EDIBLE CONDITION, BUT ONLY COLD, SOGGY WITH MISSING ITEMS followed by INSULTS ABOUT THE CONDITION BY POSTMATES "CUSTOMER SERVICE". STAY AWAY FROM POSTMATES EVERYBODY! POSTMATES IS ANOTHER JUNKY COMPUTER WEBSITE COMPANY INCAPABLE OF DELIVERING FOOD and we only lived 0.6 miles away from the restaurant. CHEATING, USELESS, INSULTING POSTMATES PEOPLE.

matthewp173
1/17/19

Postmates never delivered my order and charged me full price for the delivery and food . They refused to give me a refund or a credit . This company is the worst ever . They will be bankrupt soon .

michaelc1497
1/13/19

I placed the order and in some time the driver called me from out of state number that he can't find a parking by the building and the available spot is far. After that he left and order was never delivered.
Sasha J. Customer Service Professional Postmates sent me email "It appears that your Postmate arrived at the delivery address on the order and waited for at least 5 minutes, but they weren't able to connect with you. We notified you via text message and push notification that your order was about to be delivered. Since your order was already placed and paid for, you were charged the full amount for your order and delivery."
It's something new that they can charge for not delivered orders.
The most unprofessional service with not qualified out of state drivers and worst customer service.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Because they cheat people out of money for the inability to deliver food in warm, decent edible condition in its entire order condition.

By James W.

Their app has all type of glitches and issues they did the very same to me I didn't even sign up for their free trial but I am now having to dispute a charge of 95.88 on my account . I was charged for orders I never got and also I reached out to them multiple times never got anything back . They actually put on the app that the order was resolved when I have never spoken to them this company is a fraud and I do not know why they are still in business! I'd say remove your card information.

By Joanna V.

Questions? Get answers from the Postmates staff and other customers.

11 Photos for Postmates