Review of Instacart

Tel: 1645605963857
shoppers@instacart.com

kimw401
7/16/19

My son is in another state interning after his graduation from college. The company for which he is interning provides housing but not food. So to help him get started since, it's as if he's on his own setting up a home for the first time, my daughter and I found a grocery store that works with Instacart. We had close to $300 in groceries delivered to him through Instacart. Now giving credit where credit is due, the woman that brought the delivery to him was great. She texted him when she was close to his residence and made arrangements with him to be sure they would connect without a lot of trouble. Excellent service on her part. And she provided him with a receipt of the products delivered. Now the problem was that the receipt online and the actual receipt did not match. The online receipt was about $25.00 more than the actual receipt. I was charged a tip and a service fee AND WAS NOT refunded for the difference in the price. Am I wrong to demand a refund of the difference? I was expecting to pay more than the actual costs, but since it costs less, why should I not receive the difference returned? I sent an email informing Instacart of the discrepancy, with copies of both receipts Aliyah, who responded, replied in a very timely manner. We went back and forth several times and the same line was used repeatedly, "we can not refund you the difference." Why not?

emmettm34
7/13/19

It's been over a week. I don't know who else can afford to lose 65 dollars, but I can't, I have no income. Y'all took my GST $#*!ers. THE BARE MINIMUM THAT THE GOVERNMENT GIVES POOR PEOPLE

amaa3
7/10/19

Made a new account, ordered my first delivery, and yes they didn't find some items but the delivery went fine. The NEXT DAY, instacart just disabled my account saying there is a 'suspicious activity' and they won't tell me what it is, I can't access the account, and I did NOT save my credit card info, so why would there be a 'suspicious activity'?

And the person who was emailing was the most rude customer service ever. he ignored all my questions and when he didn't want to answer any more he said 'at this time we are not able to reactivate your account'. what? And ALAS, THEY ARE THE ONES WHO DOUBLE CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD.

same charge twice.

And I have called and emailed numerous times but the only thing they say is they are sorry, they have 'escalated it to the other people but they cannot answer the phone'.

Totally incompetent.

Well even your phone customer service told me to dispute it with my bank. So okay.

ginam197
7/10/19

Totally worth the cost. Highly recommend for any busy family. Best convenience service ever. Great service.

yvettem41
7/7/19

Terrible service! Placed an order on July 3rd for Delivery on July 6 , got confirmation of delivery for 12pm - 1pm. At 1pm, I got an email saying it would be 1:15 - 2:45, After NOTHING by 2:45 I called the customer service number, Spoke to a call center in the Phillipines, on hold 20 Minutes, Promised order would be deliver........NEVER WAS DELIVERED, SPOKE TO 4 people, who then said they couldn't find the order (but they sure took my money) after a 5th call, which I demanded to speak to a supervisor in the U.S., the woman apologized, and said they'd give me 30 days of their prime program, and a $10.00 credit! DO NOT USE, THIS IS AN AWFUL SERVICE!

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY! Bad business practice

debbieb477
7/5/19

Do not use them, any savings that you get in the store they steal it from you, that is how they make their money besides delivery charges. I asked the lady to make sure she enters my phone number in to get the savings and she said they have a barcode card they run to get to the savings for you, well she lied, they have a barcode alright to get the savings they don't want you to see that they just stole fro, you. They stole 11.14 in savings from me to day and im pissed so I took my tip back from this lady because she clear out lied to me. She knew what they were doing. This is why do not provide a receipt which is against the law to not provide if you ask for one, scam artist. Spread the word. They steal your fresh perks savings.

baril1
7/4/19

Absolutely the worst! I place a $275-$300 order every month through Kroger's. Every month there is an issue. Kroger says "call Insta-cart", the only thing Insta-cart reps can say is "I can't" and "call Kroger". Well today tops it! I placed a $300 order, my poor shopper, Nicole shopped the entire list and when she went to check out Insta-cart POS system cancelled my order! Nicole gets maybe $10, and she has to put $300 worth of groceries back and doesn't get my $30 tip and I don't have my groceries or money! I am handicapped and don't drive, I have a can of soup and 2 pieces of bologna and 1 roll of toilet paper, this is Thursday, no way I'll get my money back before Monday, today is a holiday. I had $90 worth of coupons on this order including free delivery, all of which expire on Sat. Kroger gave me a $30 dollar credit for the coupons, big woop but it wasn't their fault so all good. I called Insta-cart saying that I would not pay them $9.95 for a delivery on Monday when it was their fault that I don't have anything to eat and my free delivery will have expired. Again I got "I can't", "Kroger's collects the money", "we only get $3.99, call Kroger"! That from the rep and the floor supervisor, the supervisor finally gave me a $5 credit but I couldn't use it on Kroger orders because Kroger collects the money...WHAT? YOU SCREWED UP! NOT KROGER! Get SHIPT, stay away from anything Insta-cart

shylob
7/3/19

Waited almost an hour after my groceries were to be delivered and called to find out where the driver was, I was put on hold forever to only be told they couldn't get ahold of my driver Orlando and they didn't know where my groceries were even delivered to! Then was told I'm $#*! out of luck and I'll have to order again and was hung up on.. very unprofessional and I know for a fact the driver didn't come by. They didn't try hard at all to get ahold of this Orlando person. I have no car and this is my option to get food. I couldn't of been more frustrated in my life. What happened to going out of the way to help customers?? Not here!

joer405
7/2/19

First off, the system for Instacart is quite frankly garbage. The moment I signed up a year ago, it was SO difficult to change anything. Not to mention, when you try to cancel your subscription, you have to go through a maze of tabs just to figure out which one it is. If there is one thing Instacart was smart at doing it was making it difficult for people to cancel because they know how furious people get already when they start the service. But hey, maybe I'm just dumb and the type of person who goes to their "Account" tab first when trying to manage any subscriptions.

Secondly, most of the time, when I did order things, the person getting the items would get it wrong AND/OR be too lazy to get the entire order and mark things as "not available". The person gathering the items would deliberately reduce or refuse to gather the amount requested. I get it, 10lbs or more of chicken or beef is a lot to carry around but c'mon, do your job. And while there are no repercussions for the person getting the items since they get to hide behind a cell phone screen, there are people out there who possibly can't go out and get their groceries. Maybe they don't have a car or disabled, or something else, but at least make SOME effort.

Thirdly, the tipping system is pretty bad. Maybe the person getting the items would make more of an effort if they knew that the TIPS that Instacart allows at the end of your order, was actually going to them and not the driver. Then maybe this review would be different. But why would I tip the driver for delivery of only half or a quarter of my items that they didn't even get? Not to mention, the driver ISNT even the same person gathering the items. Now maybe if the person getting the items was ALSO the person delivering the items, then I get the "delivery" tipping service but why tip someone who isn't even doing anything and just being a chauffeur? That's like me doing DoorDash, having the restaurant bring ME the items that are needed to be delivered and then I go to the customer's house with said delivery and the customer tips me. That makes absolutely 0 sense and yet that's the system that Instacart has got going on. The person prepping the food or order should get the tips.

Don't get me wrong, there are some good, hard-working people who work for instacart. I'd say 20% of my orders overall did a little above-average job when gathering my orders. They would call and double-check before they finalized the order. And to those hard-working people, I can only hope that you find a better paying job that will use those skills better because 80% of the people I placed orders with were just terrible. It boggles my mind to think that 80% of people just do not care and don't really do their job. You know, the job that they are getting paid to do already, which from my understanding is pretty good money already for this low-level experience job.

carmenr113
6/30/19

Everything was great. I will recommend this service. I'm very satisfied with Instacart. Thanks Jennifer for the good service.

elled10
6/30/19

I have spent thousands of dollars on Instacart, ordering weekly groceries over the last several years. Without fail, they manage to screw up the order and/or delivery every time. Today, delivery of $200 worth of groceries was supposed to arrive btw 9 -11 AM. It's 8 PM. They never showed up. I complained on line and was told the delivery arrived at 8:44 AM. It DID NOT ARRIVE and STILL HAS NOT ARRIVED almost 12 hours later. I am now on hold (20 minutes and running), speaking with customer service and managers who indicated that, in fact, the delivery was never even MADE! So the online person lied or was misinformed. Either way, their operations are a disaster. In addition, they are ALWAYS out of 20-50% of the items I order and generally replace them with higher priced items (even if I have not selected those replacements during the ordering process.) Now, after telling me that the delivery would be made within an hour, the "manager" came back to say the window is closed and cannot be delivered until tomorrow. I asked for a refund and will not be using this service again. The CEO, Apoorva Mehta, should be ashamed. He has a fulfillment background from AMAZON? This would NEVER happen at AMAZON. Do NOT shop with Instacart.

elsieq1
6/29/19

First of all, I pay Instacart to eliminate stress from my day. I don't order from Instacart to give directions on how to get to my house, or to open the door to a Jamaican animal in heat. I don't need to deal with that, and if I did, I would save my delivery fee and aggravation and just drive to the store myself. Please please, re evaluate your business and the people you use to deliver goods. We, as your customers pay because we can and want to fix a problem, which is not drive because of time or whatever. These delivery drivers need to get a brain check and come down from their clouds. We are not in Jamaica, and hey need to have some sort of bed sire manner and control their attitude. Also, train them to check their items so I don't have to call after they throw the items on my door because I'm missing items I payed for. Just a waste of energy, time, and money if anything. First and last time.

wendyb312
6/28/19

Overcharged by 50.00!!! This is such a scam! I will never use this service again!! My grocery bill from Costco was only 250.00 and they charged my card 297.00!!

ivelisset1
6/27/19

Instacart offers you $15 off, never applies it. Then they overcharge you with substitutes even after you tell them not to. After not giving you the $15 offer, and overcharging you for $25, they offer free delivery fee of $4. You asked them to correct the errors. They tell you sorry, here's a free delivery fee of $4. Awful, awful, awful!

ashleyh357
6/27/19

I signed up to work for instacart and they told me my background did not pass which is a misdemeanor which was back in 2014 and have no other record but yet they will let someone who has been in trouble for theift and spent prison time for it which was a felony do it they need to rethink on who they are letting do it and not do it oh and I also know someone who has felony drug charges doing it too which are decent felony charges

nancyw417
6/24/19

Check your receipt against what they charge! In addition, the shopper gets the wrong items, i.e., I ordered a 16 ounce jack cheese, and received an 8 ounce. They charge a delivery fee, service fee, and tip.....they can, at least, get things right!! I do not think I will use again!

sandyk96
6/23/19

Charged $90 for $30 worth of groceries. I asked fo 2 lbs of meat, the shopper got be 5.6 lbs. she said she returned but I never saw the refund. I waited just thinking they needed time to process the card. Now instacart us saying I waited too long. Never too late to make thing right!!! This is bad business. Stay away

yasmink11
6/22/19

These guys overcharge and get the order wrong most of the time. Also most of these guys have no idea how to shop for fruits and vegetables. Very frustrated, Ive had items left out of my order too and nobody gets back to you when you let them know. Overall a horrible service.

leslieb251
6/21/19

I AM WAITING FOR FRAUD DEPARTMENT TO CALL ME BACK . THAT IS IF THEY EVEN HAVE ONE, MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED AND NO ONE CAN HELP ME. THE PROBLEM IS NOT RESOLVED AND I CAN'T ORDER MY GROCERIES AND I SPENT 2 HOURS (MOSTLY ON HOLD) TO REPORT PROBLEM. INSIDE JOB MOST LIKELY NOW MY CC ON FILE ARE BEING USED ALL OVER THE PLACE AND I STILL CANT SET UP ACCOUNT. I WANT MY MONEY BACK

jeffreyd42
6/21/19

Instacart is not Insta-customer service
Garbage! This is the perfect marriage of horrible customer service, high prices and lagging technology. Instacart asks you to choose a delivery time. I choose 4pm-5pm. The delivery happened at 1:50pm. That's not even in the ballpark. A rep from Instacart called to tell me the groceries were left on the front step of my apartment building. When I asked the rep for an explanation of what went wrong. He told me I should have been tracking my order through the app and that I could have told the shopper to stop...basically it was my fault. I do not have a job where I can sit on my phone just in case a shopper does not know the difference between 4pm and 1:50pm. Needless to say, I could not get any friends to grab the groceries cause we all have WFO (work from office) jobs. I was missing items when I got home and Instacart has yet to return any of my call or inquiries on what they plan to do aside from the $5 credit that is a slap in the face because it cover the delivery fee.

teiarraj
6/20/19

I was a valued, faithful customer. I would spend at least $500 a month or more shopping. One day I placed an order. Hours after it was suppose to arrive I went back to my account to see if I was sent something that I missed. I was unable to access my account as if I was logged out. When I tried to log back in an error message popped up. When I called customer service they informed me that my account was deactivated. The gentleman was unsure how it happened. I was than transferred to a manager who was unsure also how my account deactivated. I was told I'd get a call back in a few days. 4 weeks later nothing, no response. When I called back I was again told they were unsure how it was deactivated and would now reach out to me through email in 48-72 hours. The women I spoke to sounded irritated that I couldn't understand her name and the whole time was flat like she didn't care. Back to the waiting game.
There were minor issues with my orders at times but dealt with it but this was unacceptable.

danielleh173
6/18/19

My apartment is a little tricky so I always try to make it as easy as possible to navigate. I've used Instacart 3+ times and every time I get drivers who are rude, complaining, and unprofessional. I'm in a gated community so the trip from the parking lot to my actual apartment is a bit far but nothing crazy, my last order the lady complained and cussed horribly at my boyfriend. I won't be using this service any further. The app itself is great tho and easy to work with. I've never had an order messed up, just bad service.

janep74
6/15/19

I ordered $400 of groceries from Costco via Instacart. Their website said I qualified for Free Delivery, but on my invoice at checkout an $18 service fee and an $18 tip both appeared in addition to tax. When I called Instacart CS, they said I could only receive Free Delivery if I signed up for Instacart Express which requires a $9.99 monthly fee. $120 annual fee is not Free Delivery in my book. The last time I ordered from Instacart, they forgot $20 worth of groceries, but would not give me a credit on my credit card. They promised a $20 credit on my next order, but I didn't get it. Don't do business with these dishonest people.

robr188
6/13/19

Placed an order, and within one minute cancelled it (it had the wrong item as part of the order). Placed a second order with the corrections. We hit the cancel button and it advised us the order was cancelled. Later the order shows up. And then the second one shows up. We got charged for both orders. I wrote customer service (joke) and they are as dumb as a rock. They just can't figure out what I am trying to tell them. Their CEO has a bigger problem than he thinks. What a POORLY run company, with not a clue what they are doing. Go with the grocer delivery service themselves--you'll be much happier.
Obviously by the reviews besides mine, this is a joke of a company.

alexandrah43
6/12/19

Ordered from Instacart; right before my order was supposed to arrive, it was pushed back 2 hours and I was notified via email. I attempted to contact somebody because I would not even be home in order to get the order at that time and was unable to reach anyone and my order was then canceled altogether. I sent multiple emails to the company about the issue and never received any response from anyone. This will be my first and last interaction with the company

Instacart does not give you the sale prices from the store. So if the peanut butter is 3.50 on sale. Instacart will charge you 4.80 regular price. Their prices are all over the board but on average you are paying 20% more.

By Vero v.

I used instacart for two years and have watched the customer service decline each time there is an issue or mistake. They're usually pretty good about taking care of common mundane issues like my tomatoes were poor quality or they bought the wrong kind of tea but if you ever have an "other" problem like they've charged you for 2 "replacements" and you actually received what you initially ordered but they wont refund you cause you accepted the order...um excuse me? I accepted and received what I ordered you're charging me for something I didnt receive. Shady shady money grubbing business who dont even care about their customers anymore.

By Nicole A.

Instacart has several stores on its service...depending on the area you live in. In some areas, it has liquor stores like ABC Wines and for a separate service fee, they will send you what you want.

By gail s.

No instacart does not come with an hourly guarantee if you receive no orders during the time you work you will not be compensated for your time.

By Marie s.

Has this been resolved yet?

By Gina M.

There is a number to call in the help section. I've never had to wait for a real person to answer the phone. They're always very quick and helpful. They'll do pretty much whatever you want.

By Susan S.

They took $99 without my knowledge and told me it was in the "fine print". He told me this happens to a lot of people. But the guy did immediately refund the money but it might take 3 days. The shoppers have been great but this is not the first time I had issues with the company. They charged me TWICE and I had to fight to get a refund. SHODDY WAY TO DO BUSINESS!

By Dorothy N.

Your driver and shopper have no info on how much instacart charges you and cannot get you any cash back. Thats what banks are for.

By lisset l.

I have the same situation. No response to 4 phone calls, 3 emails to help@instacart. 24/7 Customer service is a bunch of malarkey

By Gina M.

Not very friendly Company. We went to the interview all the way to the chicago loop a 45 mi minute drive and a young male from Arab countries ask if he could charge his phone. Instacart male employee said "you should have come with a fully charged phone" well yes excerpt that we were using our phones to drive to chicago and that used the battery. Instacart eliminated this Arab young male. Which was nice and kind. Not cut through like some of the shoppers I have meet so far. Ugggg

By Vero v.
Questions? Get answers from the Instacart staff and other customers.

Instacart?