Review of Instacart

Tel: 1645605963857
shoppers@instacart.com

melindab89
2/14/19

Instacart over charges for the groceries! They do not charge what the grocery store charges for an item. They charge what they want for an item. NO ADJUSTMENTS are made for what is actually paid for an item. Our charge for the groceries on Instacart was $19.50 over what was actually paid at KingSoopers. Then there is the additional fees charged for delivery, tip and service charge. Pretty much a rip off.

johnh1955
2/14/19

I signed up for Instacart with the hope of getting groceries. After an extensive list, and a lot of time invested I placed my order. I received a confirmation email which was then followed up by an email saying that my account had been deactivated. I emailed them twice and made 4 phone calls. No one could tell me why it was deactivated or help me with trying to reactivate it. I as just told that they would contact me back. Which they simply never did. I've never had such a bad experience trying to spend money. No manager or specialist would answer the phone. They would just keep you on hold until you eventually hung up.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it.

reginah67
2/13/19

I ordered from Kroger's using Instacart. My Kroger receipt was with my groceries and was for $255 but Instacart debited my card for $295, $40 dollars more. I can't afford that! Plus, they never bothered to mention it to me.

lisar538
2/12/19

I was home with a stomach flu and had limited resources in the house. I made an order using instacart and paid to have delivery made within 2 hours. As the two hour window was closing I got notification that my order would be 1/2 late. After 45 minutes, I still didn't have a delivery. I wanted to contact them to see if they had an update, and if my fee for 2 hour delivery will be adjusted based on actual delivery time. I was unable to find a way to contact them. when you text the number they have sent you a text too, it bounces back. I ordered food at 12:30, I received a text from the driver stating they were on their way at approximately 7:30 p.m. They verified my address and asked if it was the building with the entrance on my street. I confirmed. I then received a call from a nondescript number, which I didn't pick up because I was on the other line. I checked shortly thereafter and realized it was the driver, and tried calling back. The call bounced back. I then tried to text, and the text bounced back. I never did receive my delivery. I went online to check status, and stated that order was cancelled. Worst service ever. This company doesn't deserve anyone's business.

jadumanij
2/10/19

Worst. They promise 2 hour instant delivery but delivered 3 hours late. They take a service charge and a delivery fee that's normal. But then when you see your actual store bill from the driver you then realize you have been cheated. You would see around 10% more bill online than actual store price. This is something hidden and no one tells you. My first and last.

andyn50
2/8/19

Can't check out. Card is denied because the app thinks you are at the wrong store. No one at support helps you and the order is then 1-2 hours late.

laurag352
2/6/19

Unless you like throwing money away, this is a waste. They overcharge for the groceries. My shopper accidentally left the Kroger receipt in the bag so I was able to see what the groceries actually cost. After the fees, tip, and up charges, this "special" service cost me $45.11! I am not that busy or lazy. Kroger click list has a service that will do the same thing for me except that I have to drive by and pick up the groceries. They only charge $4.95. I will be using that in the future. Instacart horrible. I will never use them again!

andrewp303
2/5/19

I decided to try out insta cart because I saw their commercials for a free trial. I tried them out once and canceled the subscription afterward. Two weeks later they charged me $100 dollars for the subscription (overdrafting my account) and so I called them asking for a refund. They gave me the refund saying it could take 10 day and they couldn't help me with the over draft fee that they caused. The initial employee I talked to was nice but the manager was rude and hateful and I would never do business with a company that this again.

kathrines6
2/4/19

The driver was lovely!!
Instacart is holding my funds from 3 days ago!! Called to ask why as this has never happened before the guy was rude af!!! Told me that's how it is, I need to wait and hung up on me!!
NEVER will I use this (lack of) service again! Horrible experience!

Tip for consumers: Customer Service is horrible!!!! Be aware of the monies they take and hold

clarr
2/4/19

I signed up to be a shopper and actually in-store shopper. I receive my badge all my information in the mail and also receive a email for a in-store interview to be a in-store shopper. Went in for the interview person standing there claiming interviewer was out sick. Never heard back. I believe it was her that told me very tacky !!!

kristenr61
2/3/19

I wish i couldn't even give this company a 1. I decided to try Instacart and my delivery was scheduled for the next day even though they advertise 2 hour delivery or whatever. I received several confirmations throughout the day my delivery was in is way. It was coming between 5-6 pm. I received a call at 5:15 from a completely rude person saying they were short staffed and my order wasn't coming. I called into customer service, waited on hold for an hour for a manager and still didn't get one. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on this pathetic excuse for a company.

hollyl69
2/3/19

Purchased 4 items advertised as BOGO. They did not deliver items. Complained and was not offered the items or the $21.22 for the items not delivered.

dawnh393
2/1/19

Placed my Wegmans order yesterday for delivery today between 10 & 11 a.m. Upon checking my account at 9:30 a.m., saw it wasn't listed as being shopped. Called Instacart and rep couldn't find my account at first, then after about 10 mins. he finally found it. Asked to put me on hold for 3 to 4 mins. so he could find out why my order wasn't in the process of being fulfilled. Ten mins. later he comes back to say that he someone was in the process of getting my order together (around 10 a.m.) but the order would most likely be delivered late because the shoppers at this store were filling a high number of orders. When I asked about a refund of the delivery charge and service fee, his answer was I'd "probably" get a refund and that I didn't need to worry about that. Evidently I was lied to about someone processing my order at 10 a.m. because I received a text from the shopper at 10:40 a.m. letting me know she'd just started shopping for my order. I am disabled by arthritis so it's convenient for me to use a delivery service, but with the delivery charge, service fee, tip, and more expensive prices, I'm not sure it's really worth it. May go back to using the regular services at Safeway or pick up service at Walmart - at least then I don't have to add a tip.

dontw7
1/31/19

what a parasites and spamers. nothing good. i have nothing else to say about this business nor i want to spend anymore time on such a nuisance

marcec1
1/29/19

Bad business pratices, not making it clear enough about subscription. Bad business pratices, not making it clear enough about subscription

coreya36
1/26/19

Instacart jacks up prices, on top of various service fees. They also say that the delivery will come within a certain amount of time, mine was 2 hours yesterday, and 4 hours later they said it would be anohter two hours... at the same time, the same store had deliveries "available within the hour." I contacted customer service and they didn't even read my response, just a generic, blah blah blah. Won't be using again.

josephs604
1/24/19

Wow, had I seen the terrible reviews of this garbage "service" I never would have used it.
They took(stole) my money, yet provided no service. The poor delivery guy couldn't use whatever bull$#*! card they gave him. I now have to wait 5-10 days for a refund. Do not use Instacart. Do NOT use Instacart. DO NOT use Instacart. DO NOT USE Instacart. DO NOT USE INSTACART!

idam35
1/24/19

1. They will not allow you to change store locations. So, if your store doesn't carry the inventory you need, then "too bad" says Instacart.
2. The shoppers are lazy. They don't even try to communicate intelligibly with customers if they need to replace an item for you.
3. The delivery drivers are so/so -- most are on their phones NOT checking other orders, but listening to Youtube, checking Facebook, etc. Unacceptable.

Hire yourself a private shopper and save all the junk fees that Instacart adds to your bill.

ch262
1/19/19

I tried instacart for the 1st (and last) time today. I had an awful experience and it was a huge waste of my time - ironic considering it's a service that is supposed to save people time and make life a bit easier. Here's all that happened: 1) when I entered my zip code, it said Wegmans delivered to my area. When I went to check out, it said I would have to pick up and that Wegmans would not deliver - what a pain; 2) I set a time of 2pm for pick up, and then shortly later got an email saying my time was moved to 3:45 - I arrived at Wegmans at 3:45 (having driven 30 mins to get there) and it turns out they don't have any record of my order. 3) I talk to customer service at instacart about this and they have no idea what happened but their big way to make it up to me for my time and money wasted was a $5 credit toward my next order (ummmm...there won't be a next order!). Terrible experience and I would not recommend instacart to anyone!

jarvani
1/18/19

I set a limit for what they can charge me for on this bill, which is more than exact amount.

Would not go through as declined. Bad practice.

Dropped immediately.

dorothyn31
1/15/19

First of all, instacart charged me TWICE. Plus they never said up front that they hold an extra 15%. So I had no money to live on. I had to fight to get money refunded. Then I discovered that they have charged me $99 for an instacart membership, which I never heard of and did not authorize. I called and found that it is in the small teeny print that they will charge my account. I asked if other people have this problem ad he said all the time. BTW the shopper was very good. It's the company that SUCKS!!! RIP-OFF ARTISTS!!!!

sandraf145
1/14/19

Today I wanted to order so I decided to try Aldi because their prices are so good so I got their site up and checked their sales ad and then made a list then I got the instacart site up and started to do an order and noticed that the prices weren't the same, as a matter of fact they were at a minimum of 30 cents and more than $3.0 or more each and every item. I think this is price gouging. I can't afford to pay $30 for $20 worth of food, can you?

sp156
1/12/19

Sad to see all the negative reviews, but I've had nothing but good experiences (knock on wood, right!?!). Delivery is here when they say, shoppers have been interactive, shoppers and delivery has been considerate and professional, and the one time I was charged for the higher count item, but received the same count with a lower quantity, Instacart reimbursed me the item I was charged for with no hassle. This is a great service when I'm otherwise busy, sick, or stuck home for whatever reason and can't get to the store.

terryr155
1/9/19

I work at a grocery store an these people are impatient an demanding I believe let's make people lazier one day at a time stupid idea the way they shop I can see more accidents due to speeding

erikad47
1/9/19

I've been waiting patiently for hours to come and as soon as they come I end up having them cancelled due to a background check I thought that was the first thing that would be done way before a instacart debit card would be sent. It seems a little backwards for me to have 2 cancellations back to back and now I'm running into a problem with having the proper bags to begin shopping. I signed up for instacart back in December and now that hours finally came available only for them to be cancelled is not a good look on my end. I would think before the process even begins a BACKGROUND CHECK would be the 1st thing done so that shoppers like myself and future shoppers don't have their hours cancelled due to a background check that takes 2-7 business days. I had my hopes up about finally getting a shift in only to be highly disappointed to have them cancelled all because of the process that is set up at instacart to begin shopping on the platform. You are wasting alot of peoples time by having them get a card mailed to their address only to have to be on a waitlist for several weeks or more just to do a background check and have your hours cancelled or given to someone that has been a shopper with you since day one. I'm highly upset and I will no longer be using this app. Why put people that think they are going to make extra money on the side to support themselves through a background check after the app is downloaded, after they went out and bought the PROPER INSULATED BAG REQUIRED and a debit card sent to them to purchase the items just to be on a long waitlist to get hours. It makes no sense and the procedures need to be reevaluated because I'm sure I'm not the only one this has happened too. The way I would do it would be BACKGROUND CHECK 1ST THEN IF IT'S A GO SEND THE DEBIT CARD MAKE SURE THEY ARE READY BY HAVING THE PROPER BAGS TO SHOP AND THEN PICK HOURS. All the people that are on the waitlist now have not had a background check I'm assuming, so the same thing will happen to them and so on. Sounds a little dumb of how things are done and honestly not fair. I had high hopes of joining instacart but now I just think it's a way to get all these people all over the US to sign up just to have to wait on a waitlist or a 2-7 days for a background check to be completed that should of been done way before a card was sent out way before people get prepared are ready to shop. I will be writing a review of my experience of instacart and I can't even say one good thing because I never got the chance to shop to even say how great of experience it was for me. Instacart needs to go back to the drawing board and brainstorm more ways to make the process smooth for shoppers coming in. It should be like any other job you fill out a application then pass the BACKGROUND CHECK then you arw officially ready to begin shopping with Instacart. Not the other way around by having thousands sign up so everybody thinks they are approved only to be emailed that hours are cancelled because of a background check. Make it make sense for the people that would like to join instacart.

It is different in every market, and for every store. Actually, a number of stores do NOT upcharge. In my market, Instacart customers pay the same as in-store customers and even receive most of the sale prices too. However, this could also be why our shoppers are among the lowest paid in the country and rely heavily on tips.

By Mary K.

I used instacart for two years and have watched the customer service decline each time there is an issue or mistake. They're usually pretty good about taking care of common mundane issues like my tomatoes were poor quality or they bought the wrong kind of tea but if you ever have an "other" problem like they've charged you for 2 "replacements" and you actually received what you initially ordered but they wont refund you cause you accepted the order...um excuse me? I accepted and received what I ordered you're charging me for something I didnt receive. Shady shady money grubbing business who dont even care about their customers anymore.

By Nicole A.

Instacart has several stores on its service...depending on the area you live in. In some areas, it has liquor stores like ABC Wines and for a separate service fee, they will send you what you want.

By gail s.

Has this been resolved yet?

By Gina M.

There is a number to call in the help section. I've never had to wait for a real person to answer the phone. They're always very quick and helpful. They'll do pretty much whatever you want.

By Susan S.

They took $99 without my knowledge and told me it was in the "fine print". He told me this happens to a lot of people. But the guy did immediately refund the money but it might take 3 days. The shoppers have been great but this is not the first time I had issues with the company. They charged me TWICE and I had to fight to get a refund. SHODDY WAY TO DO BUSINESS!

By Dorothy N.

Your driver and shopper have no info on how much instacart charges you and cannot get you any cash back. Thats what banks are for.

By lisset l.

I have the same situation. No response to 4 phone calls, 3 emails to help@instacart. 24/7 Customer service is a bunch of malarkey

By Gina M.

Not very friendly Company. We went to the interview all the way to the chicago loop a 45 mi minute drive and a young male from Arab countries ask if he could charge his phone. Instacart male employee said "you should have come with a fully charged phone" well yes excerpt that we were using our phones to drive to chicago and that used the battery. Instacart eliminated this Arab young male. Which was nice and kind. Not cut through like some of the shoppers I have meet so far. Ugggg

By Vero v.

Questions? Get answers from the Instacart staff and other customers.

9 Photos for Instacart