Review of Instacart

Tel: 1645605963857
shoppers@instacart.com

jenniferf364
4/16/19

had two deliveries. the first one was great--i was totally sold on the service. second one was subpar--the driver seemed offput, the produce was awful, and the bulk food bags were untied and spilled.

third delivery just didn't show up. no notification, no call, no apology when i called.

terrible terrible terrible.

christopherh345
4/16/19

They add a whopping 20% to every item you buy, and then add a delivery fee, and a tip for the driver to you bill. They are not up front about this and only discover the difference once you get the grocery receipt and see the difference.

henryc218
4/16/19

My driver was late and kept trying to blame me for the fact he put in the wrong address. Refused to carry my groceries upstairs because it was raining out, and asked me to empty out the groceries and run his bags back down to his car. I have a disability, which is why I order groceries to be delivered.

In response support offered me a $5 credit to my next order. The delivery fee was $5, and the non-refundable tip was $10, on an order of $175. Not worth it, go with someone (re: anyone) else.

christinal199
4/16/19

Instacart will not only charge you a fee for the service, they overcharge you for all your items. When I got a receipt for my purchase, I saw they overcharged me almost 50$. When I called to complain their excuse was, we are sorry you for the receipt and found out. We will talk to your driver. Use any other service, not this ripoff.

marvaq
4/15/19

I love publix's to bad their delivery service is not the same. I placed an order on Friday night for 2hr delivery. Once completed the screen said "hey save $9.00 by using our free trial and get your service and delivery free waived" I was like duh done. Dropped my order my $9.00 Unfortunately it was never delivered, no update, nothing. Had to call, they couldn't figure out it out then it was canceled I had to reorder. Replaced for Sat delivery system would not give me free trail, even though I had email confirming. "Supervisor" says I will give you free delivery but cannot waive service fee? REALLY? after you guys screwed up; you guys offered it? and I already had it? He kept going on about already having had the trail previously. I was like irrelevant, I didn't ask for it your system offered; and I would have had if you guys had done your job and ordered my food. He was completed baffled, and clueless. Looking at these reviews I am surprised this service is still used. Publix do better.

davidr1280
4/14/19

Poor service, many errors, could not handle special instructions, poor customer service. As a currently disabled i would advise no disabled use this frustrating service. I will never use again!!

connies251
4/13/19

Order was delivered an hour late. Why was it even an option to place an order if you cannot deliver as promised? Shopping was done quickly, but then order just sat there. Perishibles were no longer cold. Frozen waffles not even frozen. Have to throw out all perishibles for safety concern; food not kept cold as promised, including raw chicken and beef. Delivery guy showed up with friend'that's creepy. Tried to cancelthat option didn't work. Sent three messages to contact InstaCart. Despite them claiming you'll hear back in a couple of hours, still no response.

varshad3
4/10/19

All my products are expired a day to 15 days before and one product expiring on the same day that I placed order on, this is just a cheap serivice to get rid of all the expired products because this has happened to me twice already. Close down this service and find another way to get rid of the expired products

jeffe90
4/10/19

My wife and I both signed on for Instacart shopping to help supplement our income. We signed up 5x where shoppers were needed at two different locations for 3 hours each time. Of the 9 hours of listed work we had 2 jobs. On 4 of the 5 days we had nothing for the 3 hour time frame. Each location was an approximate 25mi drive each way so by the time you pay for gas we made no income. After talking to Customer Service on two occasions it is quite clear that they don't care about the shoppers. It is also evident that Instacart's data is flawed otherwise why would they should the need for shoppers when there clearly was no work. Truly a disappointing experience all around!

farrahi
4/9/19

The shoppers are very quick to cancel items you ordered if they cannot immediately find them. The ap continually sent shoppers to the worst of the three Krogers in my area--a kroger that keeps very few of the items I consume on a daily basis. Even after sending them multiple emails they continued to send shoppers to the wrong kroger and made no effort to make it right. One of my orders was not delivered. strongly encourage you to use a different site!

bryank67
4/9/19

worst company ever, fraudulently charged me for an order that was never received, no way to contact company other than by email which is never answered..do not use this company as they are dishonest

instacarts
4/9/19

First and foremost, DO NOT ORDER THROUGH PRIME NOW!!! The delivery people do not care what condition your groceries are in when they get to you....how do I know this, I'm not only an Instacart Shopper but a Prime Now shopper at whole foods. The only reason Instacart will no longer be offering Whole Foods delivery on their platform is because AMAZON now owns Whole Foods...no other reason at all!!!
If you chose to go the Prime Now delivery route after May 15, dont say you werent warned.

Maybe I am the last of a dying breed that TRULY believes in providing the UTMOST in customer service, even when I'm shopping for my customer's groceries. I take pride in knowing that I shop for them EXACTLY as I shop for my family.

It's is not a professional that was chosen, it was born out of needing to help provide for my family. After a serious car accident caused by a drunk driver, I can no longer pursue my CAREER as a Paramedic. 16 years lost in the blink of an eye :(

There are DEFINITELY things Instacart needs to change in order for customer's to receive the best service possible.....definitely screening individuals more is an ABSOLUTE must.....it is all about their profit making ability so dont expect too much...my pay for an almost $450 order, b4 markup was a $17.00 batch total!!!! Definitely take advantage of shoppers while reeping the rewards!!!

sarahm836
4/7/19

So I ordered from instacart and the order was marked as delivered even though they never delivered the food or even contacted me saying they were at my address. I never received my order, instacart never contacted me saying they were in my lobby, they simply never came and marked it as delivered. I needed to be on hold and debate with representatives who said they saw it didn't deliver, but still marked it as delivered. They also wouldn't redeliver even though they were still doing deliveries for 2 hours, and they didn't want to refund my 100$ order. They wanted to give me 10 credit for a $100 dollar order.
Infuriating. Terrible service. It took two hours to finally get a refund.

charlenea22
4/7/19

I canceled my "free trial" before the 14 days were up. They charged my account anyway. I decided to give them a second chance. Big mistake. From incompetent shoppers who were hours late with deliveries to having to wait 24+hours for an open delivery time. Nearly every time I tried to use them there was some problem. The company canceled my account within minutes of my request, however, it took over a month and multiple phone calls to receive my refund.

loric255
4/6/19

They charge $99.00 within 15 days! DON'T BE FOOLED! They are simply a bait and switch company! Amazon and Whole Foods HAVE CUT TIES TO THEM! Please stay away!

abhinavp1
4/5/19

Ordered lots of item from Inst cart but got just 1 tomato and 2 bananas for like 5$. Never using it again

randallv21
4/4/19

This company ripped me off for over $181 dollars, they canceled my order and kept giving inaccurate excuses and running me around, said they would reimburse me plus 20 dollars three times, then told me the retailer was the one to reimburse me, just keeping me running around, in the meantime I have no food and now no money. I just got out of a two week stay in the hospital and can't get out, any food I had is spoiled and had to throwen our, so now I have no food at all and no help, I trusted them now over 24 hours later I'm still being scammed..
People beware of this company they are not what they are suppose to be..
I've contacted legal services against them.

Randy S. Vincent

cassies40
4/4/19

Inflated prices including for items that are supposed to be on sale. I also have experienced terrible customer service. It is not a company that I feel that I comfortable going forward with.

roseannf4
4/2/19

I wish I had seen these reviews before I tried this service!
I have no car and I was sick at home and needed a few items.

I got a few surprises when I tried to make an order. First, the prices of the groceries are increased to cover the cost of the service then the fees are more than they say they will be.
The clincher was when I clicked on PLACE ORDER and in small print, below that button, they inform you that they have just charged your card for $35.00.
THAT INFORMATION SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE HOME PAGE BEFORE ORDERING GROCERIES!
I called right away to cancel the order and they did but since I didn't have enough money on my card to cover it, my bank account may be overdrawn.
I took my banking information off their website and will close my account as soon as I get word that this matter is resolved.

I HOPE THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS!

blackd6
4/1/19

TOOK $55.00 OUT OF MY ACCOUNT ILLEGALLY CAUGHT THEM! CALLED IMMEDIATELY! CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH? WTF! CHECK YOUR BANK ACCOUNT! GLAD I DID! DON'T BE FOOLED! THEY ADD 10% AND DO NOT REPEAT NOT INDICATE THAT!
CHECK YOUR BANK ACCOUNT!

nardaz
3/30/19

The delivery person was the only good part of this experience.I will now buy directly from Costco for delivery. Never from Instacart. Here is why:
1) I ordered a carton of 8 Fuji apples; two arrived fully rotten and covered in mold which was quite visible; the "Packed By" date was more than a month before the delivery (see photo).
2) The 2.5 pound package of organic celery showed a "Use by" date of Mar 29; delivery day was today, Mar. 30. (See photo)
3) two carton of ice cream bars were melted; I thought they would be packed in ice; they were not.
4) I thought I was paying Costco prices; I did not realize Instacart jacked them up, some almost $3 per item.

hungryz
3/30/19

Pro: Same day delivery.
Con: Can take 5+ hours.

Pro: Can list substitute items
Con: Some shoppers don't both getting either options even though you might know it's in stock because you were there recently.

Con: Shoppers pack in plastic bags, there is NO other option listed on the website and you are charged for the bags even when they double triple bag. You will notice that all of their ads show a person delivering groceries in green recyclable bags and uniforms (they don't use uniforms and when I ask them about recycled bags they look at me like I'm crazy).

Con: Customer service was response to the 3x times I was either not given an item or was given a damaged product. They said I would have a credit on my account but I have yet to find it.

Con: After trying the 2week free delivery option you are charged A LOT. Take the time to check the extra charges. There is a delivery fee, delivery tip and a service charge (for weight of bags, time takes to fill an order and gas mileage). Total usually comes out to $20.

BETTER OFF GOING ELSEWHERE FOR DELIVERIES OR SIMPLY DO IT YOURSELF!

stevel519
3/30/19

I have been using Instacart in the Dallas area for 2 years and almost all orders, especially from Whole Foods have problems. It's convenient but I'm tired of over charges and problems. It looks like items are not scanned. I was charged for a 42 oz item and received a 16 oz. How is that possible? No common sense at all is packing groceries either. 3 pound bags of apples stacked on soft fruit, etc

elyssiar
3/30/19

words can describe what I went through with this service. I had planned to fix a nice dinner and they never showed up with any food. I kept watch in the status from their app and apparently someone named "Fred" was finally loading my cart 3 hours after my scheduled delivery time. Needless to say the driver "Fred" never showed up and I had a low blood sugar episode because I feared leaving to buy food thinking he might eventually show up as the text message indicated he would.

tammyo32
3/25/19

I work in a grocery store an these people are nasty rude an demanding they make 7 or 8 trips or more a day an more an more people are signing up to be shoppers I hate it please shut this crap down....

Instacart does not give you the sale prices from the store. So if the peanut butter is 3.50 on sale. Instacart will charge you 4.80 regular price. Their prices are all over the board but on average you are paying 20% more.

By Vero v.

I used instacart for two years and have watched the customer service decline each time there is an issue or mistake. They're usually pretty good about taking care of common mundane issues like my tomatoes were poor quality or they bought the wrong kind of tea but if you ever have an "other" problem like they've charged you for 2 "replacements" and you actually received what you initially ordered but they wont refund you cause you accepted the order...um excuse me? I accepted and received what I ordered you're charging me for something I didnt receive. Shady shady money grubbing business who dont even care about their customers anymore.

By Nicole A.

Instacart has several stores on its service...depending on the area you live in. In some areas, it has liquor stores like ABC Wines and for a separate service fee, they will send you what you want.

By gail s.

Has this been resolved yet?

By Gina M.

There is a number to call in the help section. I've never had to wait for a real person to answer the phone. They're always very quick and helpful. They'll do pretty much whatever you want.

By Susan S.

They took $99 without my knowledge and told me it was in the "fine print". He told me this happens to a lot of people. But the guy did immediately refund the money but it might take 3 days. The shoppers have been great but this is not the first time I had issues with the company. They charged me TWICE and I had to fight to get a refund. SHODDY WAY TO DO BUSINESS!

By Dorothy N.

Your driver and shopper have no info on how much instacart charges you and cannot get you any cash back. Thats what banks are for.

By lisset l.

I have the same situation. No response to 4 phone calls, 3 emails to help@instacart. 24/7 Customer service is a bunch of malarkey

By Gina M.

Not very friendly Company. We went to the interview all the way to the chicago loop a 45 mi minute drive and a young male from Arab countries ask if he could charge his phone. Instacart male employee said "you should have come with a fully charged phone" well yes excerpt that we were using our phones to drive to chicago and that used the battery. Instacart eliminated this Arab young male. Which was nice and kind. Not cut through like some of the shoppers I have meet so far. Ugggg

By Vero v.

Questions? Get answers from the Instacart staff and other customers.

12 Photos for Instacart