Review of Instacart

Tel: 1645605963857
shoppers@instacart.com

chrissm4
1/17/18

I should have checked the reviews first. I also didn't get all items. Not even the bananas. No explanation.
Not clear on the service charges.

pault180
1/17/18

You end up paying more for every single item plus a %10 fee plus they want you to tip the drivers bc they are paid so low. So if you want to pay %25 more for groceries it may be a good dealer you but for a family of 4 this is not worth it. Oh and I forgot you have to pay $149 a year to even be a member. So higher line item fee, delivery fee,

kimberlyg81
1/16/18

The order came to the correct address at the promised time. HOWEVER, the person shopping for me did not make decisions like I would AT ALL. There were multiple substitutions that I did not like; and by the time I paid the 10% service fee and a tip to the delivery person, the $10 off of the first order was a joke. I will not be using this service again; it's best to go yourself.

marym601
1/15/18

These people do not do how to do the math and treat their customers. I ordered from Costco for 39$. The order was delivered at the wrong address. I called and asked to re-issue the same order, and I was told I was to receive a 5$ credit. The second order came: NONE of the items that I had initially ordered at the beginning was available, and one of the items was NOT delivered at all. The price of this second order therefore went down to 27$ (minus the non-delivered item, without the 5$ refund). The next day I received the receipt for the order which again showed the 39$, thus NOT reflecting either the item that it was not delivered NOR the 5$ credit. I called again. The genius "supervisor" put up an argument that given that I had not been charged for the second re-deliver (the 27$) everything was correct. It took a lot of effort to explain the math to this woman, that I should not have been charged 39$ because one of the items was not even delivered and the 5$ credit was not applied. Horrible service, horrible customer service. It's not about the 10$ it is about the principle. I like Costco and I order from them all the time. But after this, I will think it twice. I have been ordering from Peapod for many years and NEVER had a problem like this.

chelseab40
1/11/18

When I first used Instacart I was so impressed with the service.The lady shopping for me even said the strawberries did not look good and she did not suggest I buy them that day. Everything I ordered was correct, she drove right up to my garage and delivered my groceries. I thought for sure I would be using again.... wrong. I happen to being checking my bank statement and saw a $149 charge from them that I DID NOT authorize. I sent them a couple emails, cancelled my account, etc. I have yet to hear back from them but in the end I'm hoping they refund this $149...

amberj60
1/10/18

This is what we sent to the company, what a mess!

Today was our first experience with your company after many years of using similar services through Albertsons.com and PeaPod.
Id like to share our experience with you.

Around 12pm today, we placed an order for the grocery store across the street from our house.
We did this because my wife is pregnant and grocery shopping is difficult for her at this point.
Our list included many of the items we typically purchase at this location.
The earliest delivery time was for 5pm-6pm, which we booked.

At 4pm, we started receiving text messages - a lot of text messages - stating items were out of stock and being replaced with other items.
The replacement items seemingly were dissimilar in several instances (i.e. 2 single yellow onions for 50 cents total were being swapped out for $2.50 worth of sweet onions, $1 boxes of organic macaroni and cheese were being swapped out for $7 bulk boxes which contained only 4 of the exact same $1 boxes inside them, a small bag of organic broccoli was swapped out for a massive sized non-organic broccoli, etc). We clicked the links, so many links, to request the items not be swapped and instead not be purchased at all as substitutions were unacceptable. To ensure we would not have these unwanted items purchased with our credit card, we placed a call to customer service.

The phone call said the wait time would be 5 minutes.12 minutes later, Leslie answered the phone at your customer service. I explained we were new to this service and we did not want any substitutions on our order. I told her we had clicked to modify the items and reject the substitutions on the text messages we received - she said this was not possible to do. I told her to immediately notify the shopper we do NOT want any substituted items purchased. The items were dissimilar and I would go to the store myself to check the stock as I was certain that many items would not be out of stock as reported by the shopper. She confirmed the store location being shopped was indeed the one I had chosen, despite the website stating the shopping was being done in zip code 90021 - which is more than 2 hours drive from my house at this time of day. She interrupted several times rudely as I tried to explain that I did not understand how these substitutions were being made or how their shopper uses discretion to do this. I requested the account be closed after this experience today, as this was an utter waste of my time and there was no rhyme or reason to the substitutions being made. Soon I would discover even more to be annoyed about with your service.

Indeed, I headed to the store while the shopper was still shopping our order and I easily located several of the items which were reported as OUT OF STOCK by your shopper. I ended up spending 45 minutes in the store locating these items and spoke with the store manager, who stated the shopper definitely did not ask for assistance in locating those items because there were so many they missed. I took photos of the items on the shelves, literally during the SAME timeframe as the shopper was shopping and in the SAME location. One of the most humorous examples was the OUT OF STOCK yellow onions - to which there were 150 lbs on the shelf in the produce aisle, according to the produce worker - I easily picked up the 2 onions for 50 cents I had ordered. I also picked up many other OUT OF STOCK items - including many boxes of organic mac n cheese for $1.

When I arrived home, the shopper had delivered their order to our house. No receipt was included in any of the bags or with the order. No complete items list was included anywhere for us to check the order. I am fairly certain I am missing several items, but without ANY access to a list of what was ordered, I cannot check off the items. The email sent to us shows a handful of items ordered, but requires to be clicked to view the entire list. When this link is clicked, there is a ERROR 404 PAGE DOES NOT EXIST message. In essence, your shopper did not attempt to locate the items, charged us for several substituted items which I specifically requested on the phone PRIOR to their purchase were NOT to occur, and I ended up spending the same amount of time in the store I would have had to anyways to get the groceries. Since I do not have any receipt or ability to verify your purchase on my credit card with the items delivered - I am only able to calculate the amount I was overcharged by your shopper purchasing items I specifically said NOT to purchase and an inkling there are additional missing items.

I sincerely hope your service improves, as this level of experience should not occur with any business, especially not when there are so many better, well-established options.

delial5
1/9/18

Why do they charge the 155.00 dollar membership during the free trial period? Doesn't seem like honest operating procedures. Then you cannot contact anyone about the problem or get a refund for the incorrect charge. I suppose I will have to contact my credit card company.

peggym56
1/9/18

I got hooked on the 10 off 1st delivery, which honestly went just fine, no complaint there.
then I saw $149 charge for subscription charge on my credit card. I tried to cancel it, since it had only been 4 days since I received my first order. but alas, they will not refund the subscription. I will have to use it again to justify the 'membership' I do not want, but am very fearful after reading all these reviews.
I will continue to try to get a refund.
wish me luck

lindas192
1/9/18

Took my order, but didn't deliver it - at least not to my address. Sent company email, response was to "call our customer service center." I left a horrible review on the website and deducted the 20% tip from the tab...and then had to haul myself to the store for Pedialyte to treat my Norovirus induced dehydration, potentially exposing many many people to the very contagious virus. Good job, Instacart. I will never use you nor will I ever give you a favorable recommendation to anybody.

betsyh11
1/7/18

I ordered some groceries using Instacart & my regular supermarket. The shopper substituted items on a whim - some of which I was allergic to - and did not pay attention to my notes under some of the grocery items. When I called Instacart they were mean, refused to credit me with the wrong items & in the end I paid $50.00 more than if I had gone to the store myself. They are a terrible company with the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Do NOT use them.

elizabethl80
1/6/18

Horrible experience. Never will I use this company again. First time was ok, second time awful. Did not get several items. Upcharge is crazy high! I don't have a car and thought this would be great, but I am not that rich! Stay away from this rip off company! I am waiting now for a refund of some items and charges-was told "3-5 business days" we shall see. Charged $105 for $88....and that was only taking off service charge and difference in what my weighed items were marked and what insta cart actually charged me!

rosem593
1/6/18

I love the convenience of Instacart, but their markups are really substantial. I received a store receipt with my order. I was charged $408 by Instacart (not including the tip for the shopper) for $319 of stuff from Costco (based on the store receipt-- I paid damn near $100 for this delivery). Gasp. Oh well, lesson learned-- time to get my lazy butt out there and do my own shopping.

philq
1/3/18

Was tricked by search engine to order HEB items through there website thinking it was HEB. Wasted 130 minutes of time to find out that they don't deliver to my area even though the excepted my address and took my order after navigating there gosh awful website. How are these people in business. Poor ran misleading website buyer be ware. if they have to divert you from a website you want meaning steeling business in a scrupulous tactics they cant be trusted earn your business for gosh sake.

robins212
12/31/17

Horrible! Been using since March very good in the beginning. Last few times not so good. Delivery later than time requested without contacting me. Crediting my account for freezer items delivered warm, placed my order they showed they were deducting my credit viewed my receipt credit never went through. Was told by a supervisor I have to wait 3-5 business days. Horrible customer service!!!!!!!!!!

jagodan
12/29/17

I am a first time user, today. My order wasn't fully delivered. Three items were missing. The company failed to fix the situation and satisfy me as a first time customer adequately. They offered to deliver the missing items the next day without crediting me or giving me a discount. In this case it would advisable for the Instacart Directors to at least credit the first time customers for their sloppy service and to ensure the ongoing relationship with that customer. So, they seem not to give a rat's A*s about their customers and apparently their employees either. Please do not waste your time or money! 0 stars in 2018 Instacart will fail
You better change your customer support. Keep your eye on the ball!

sgfhetm
12/29/17

Don't shop there. They confirmed our order then canceled it saying our account was fraudulent! Also, it was our first order and supposed to be free but they charged us $1 anyway. Not even 1 star. 0. No answer yet to the emails we sent. We do NOT recommend.

stephanies120
12/27/17

1. My order was wrong. 2. Crazy substitutions were made (yellow squash for delicata ?) 3. When I pointed out that there was an error on my receipt, and I was being charged $55 for something that should have been $6, the shopper told me to call instacart, because there was nothing she could do about it. That was untrue. 6. When I called Instacart to get my billing issues fixed, the customer service agent scolded me for my tone, and then proceeded to put me on hold for 20 minutes when I asked for a manager.
This service is being marketed as a convenience for consumers. My experience was anything but convenient. Everything finally got fixed, but it was such a trial to get there, and I wasted my whole evening on something that should have been quite simple.
Instacart tried to win me back with $10 off my next order. LOL There's not a chance that I will ever use this service again!

Tip for consumers: My tip: don't. Run away. Do your own shopping, it's much easier.

noney18
12/26/17

They try to make the experience seem like you're only paying a small service fee, when in fact, they have increased prices for the grocery items themselves, secretly increasing how much you are really paying for the service. Why not use consistent pricing and have a higher service fee? Why the shadiness?!

annei4
12/22/17

Evidently, you do not receive your groceries in those nice handled bags that they advertise. Instead, groceries are delivered in whatever type of plastic or paper bags are used at the stores. Hence, my groceries were left on front porch, fell over and scattered. Won't be using this service again.

daphnes9
12/16/17

I will NEVER EVER EVER use Instacart again nor recommend to anyone. I place an order at 5:38 pm that included dinner and my cold medicine since I'm home ill in bed and husband is incapacitated as well. The order was slipped from within 1 hour to within 2 hours. Okay, no biggie. Then I received an email saying it would between 8:30-9 pm. Now I'm irritated but say okay. At 9 pm I call to ask where is the order and it was showing as still processing. The customer service rep puts me on hold for 5 minutes or so to come back and inform me that they could not get a hold of my shopper. Soooo, let's find next delivery...tomorrow afternoon. No thank you, just cancel the order. He actually had the audacity to offer a $10 credit if I decide to use the service again. If you can't deliver on your first opportunity to impress what makes you think it's worth $10 to try when you charge a 10% surcharge??? HORRIBLE...Don't waste your time. Completely disappointed.

Tip for consumers: Do not use.

camillec19
12/16/17

I have been sick and I dreaded the thought of going out to get more tissues and some groceries. I decided to try the delivery. It was so easy to place my order on the computer. Taylor was my shopper and I can't say enough about how nice she was. The best part was getting my groceries delivered right to my kitchen. If you are expecting to save money. Then go shop yourself. This is a service and it was very much appreciated. I will be using it again.

christinag60
12/14/17

I used Instacart 7-9 times one delivery went well.Non of the shoppers look at the directions you add to the order.I just think they are lazy and stupid.Ask for double bags,never receive them.Called the 1-888 number and the first person to answer called me a $#*!,how nice.I just asked her to show down so I could speck.Just cancelled my 2018 yearly service charge. The shopper that just left would not speck to me and put 67 items in 2 plastic bags and they ripped as he put them on my floor.He said nothing.Don't waist your money,I gave them more than 7 chances to see just good service.

thomast110
12/14/17

Looked into working for IC. Gave Email and cell. Now they wont leave me alone. I've spoken to Brook. No help. I've spoken to Roger @ IT. No help. These worms are pure sleaze. They will harass you because you don't want to work for them. And where is the CEO on the website? Hiding. Dirtbags do that

kaylah49
12/11/17

I was offered a promo for free delivery if my order was over 10 dollars. I filled my cart and was about to check out, but my brother offered to drive me to a store because he needed some things, as well. I removed all the items from my cart on the site and cancelled the order. I thought I would be able to use the unused free delivery with over 10$ on my next order, but when I tried, the site told me I didn't have it anymore. I emailed them about it, and they told me that what I had done counted as using it, even though I literally didn't. The cheapest delivery price is 10$, and you can only apply for free delivery if you spend 150$ every year and spend over 35$ on every order. Not worth it. I'm not paying twice the price to get some frozen dinners brought to my home.

lilianaa2
12/10/17

i was overcharged. instant cart refused to credit the difference back to my card because of their policies instead they wanted to give me a credit on their account. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS with them again The customer service was rude, constantly talked on to of me, refused to listen, and placed the blame on me. it is extremely difficult to cancel the membership, you cannot do so online and you have to answer multiple questions so they can put you on extended holds to cancel 'disable' the membership.

They left my receipt in one of my bags. I know they charge more because it's as clear as day on their website. So I expect it and I know how much. If you use their app it's great. So the difference was less than $4.00. I can live with that.

By Susan S.

Instacart has several stores on its service...depending on the area you live in. In some areas, it has liquor stores like ABC Wines and for a separate service fee, they will send you what you want.

By gail s.

There is a number to call in the help section. I've never had to wait for a real person to answer the phone. They're always very quick and helpful. They'll do pretty much whatever you want.

By Susan S.

Your driver and shopper have no info on how much instacart charges you and cannot get you any cash back. Thats what banks are for.

By lisset l.

Not very friendly Company. We went to the interview all the way to the chicago loop a 45 mi minute drive and a young male from Arab countries ask if he could charge his phone. Instacart male employee said "you should have come with a fully charged phone" well yes excerpt that we were using our phones to drive to chicago and that used the battery. Instacart eliminated this Arab young male. Which was nice and kind. Not cut through like some of the shoppers I have meet so far. Ugggg

By Vero v.

Questions? Get answers from the Instacart staff and other customers.

Instacart?