Review of Pier 1

customerservice@pier1.com
2018 Customer choice award

kirstenw26
12/29/18

I got a Pier 1 credit card for a single purchase of about $50 just to save the 20%. When the bill came I went online to pay it off. You have to enter your bank account information, they don't let you pay it any other way online. So I did, it took my payment, and figured that was that. Two weeks later, I get a letter saying my payment had been rejected due to 'incorrect bank account number.' Confused, I called customer service which said I could pay over phone but they would charge me another $20 or something ridiculous. Foolishly, I tried to do it online AGAIN- very careful to enter the correct numbers, triple checked it. Payment went through again. TWO WEEKS LATER I get another letter- same thing- now I owe $112.23 with late fees and fines, but the worst part is that I now have 'SERIOUSLY DELINQUENT' on my credit report!!! I called again, very upset. Wanted to pay it off over the phone with a live person. Was told if you missed your payment twice you would have to mail a check to a specific PO BOX (Collections?!). I did so with a long letter explaining I had diligently tried to pay my bill, and I've NEVER had an issue paying with my bank account. They would not remove the negative credit comments, but did refund me $27 (one late fee) which I could have cared less about. I'm furious. There is some flaw in their system- which should never accept your payment if there is anything wrong with the number, only to tell you two weeks later. HORRIBLE. Now I have to dispute it with the credit reporting agencies. I will not shop there ever again. Please don't get their credit card!!!

suel148
12/11/18

Bought 2 Elaine Flax Dinning chairs with Natural Stonewash Wood, came on time as promised. We picked up the chairs from the store and brought them home only to find out that one of the chairs had one leg shorter then the rest. We returned it back to the store and the clerk helped us order a replacement. Within one week the replacement chair's spring broke. Once again we returned the chair back to the store only this time the manager did not want to order a new chair for us telling us the chairs are out of stock ( it wasn't) instead he said he will have to call other Pier 1 stores to see if they had any on display. We eventually got our chair but i will NEVER order anything from them again. The products are cheap quality & not worth the money.

sandras474
11/30/18

Ordered 2 items online that never arrived. Was told 3-5 days, called and was told they couldn't do anything until 7 days. 7 days passed still no items and the UPS tracking has been sitting on created label' since day 1. UPS said they never ordered a pick up. I told Pier1 this and they said they can't cancel the order until another week and they couldn't see what was going on. Rediculous. All of my other stores purchased from had simple tracking and arrived as stated. Never shopping here again and I want my $320 refunded.

rosemaryo12
11/15/18

Had an account over a year with excellent payment. Went into store to payoff balance after Hurricane brought onintetnet issues. Got a statement today with 2 late fees after paying off balance in good faith islnsoxe the store.

Hard to get account balance online without account number (not on statement))

Hard to get through auto response when calling customer service.

They would only refund one late fee even after explaining duress of aftermath of Hurricane related problems.

Hurt my pride and my excellent credit rating and took $30 of mine that did. It belong to them.

Account closed

Will not do this again.

lr141
11/11/18

Pier 1 in Newington CT Berlin Turnpike. Purchased an item and was asked to hand over my credit card so the clerk could look at my signature. The signature was worn off so she asked to see my license. I asked why and she said to prevent credit card fraud. She looked at my drivers license signature and then asked if it was my license. They profiled me and were discriminatory because of the way I looked. I had a gap jean jacket on, dark hair , dark eyes and grey hair. I am so angry that I'm going back to the store tomorrow to speak with a manager. I will never buy another item at Pier 1.

susanz63
10/23/18

Two furniture items received, both damaged. Returned to store after partial assembly and credit was not given properly. Reorder returned and not credited to the Pier 1/Comenity card. Pier 1 and Comenity do not communicate. I chased the credit for over 2 months, Do not use that card! Do not order on line.

kathyg212
9/11/18

I love this place such awesome decor for just such a. Treaty price from candles to furniture I promise something for us all to love

lg114
8/29/18

I will NEVER shop at Pier 1 again. They NEVER answer their customer service line. I have been on hold up to 45minutes without a response. It's beyond ridiculous!

raneea
7/26/18

Our family enjoys visitinn any Pier 1 store. Customer service is generally friendly to decent. Decent quality items. Though I must say some of the pottery dishwasher we purched over the years tends to chip after a year of use. Would recommend.

jillf36
4/12/18

Pier 1 is a favorite of mine (and many of my friends)--personnel are always helpful and lots of cool stuff to choose from. This is my first experience with online purchase from them and it was a great experience. I made a big mistake but they handled it like pros. I received several packages one day and assumed they were all from another store. I called Pier 1 and told them I had not received the lamp I ordered. No problem---they sent me another immediately, no questions asked. Amazing. Then I opened the packages I had and discovered one contained the lamp I had ordered from Pier 1. I felt like an idiot but the customer service rep at Pier 1 was fantastic and simply issued me a new label for the second lamp package and UPS picked it up. Not once did the rep question my motive in requesting the second lamp, she accepted my word without a fuss. Her only goal was to make me a satisfied customer---goal achieved plus some. I remain a fan of Pier 1 in all its branches.

elizabethb262
3/19/18

This store doesnt carry your cookie cutter decor. I enjoy all the unique and original decor I find when I visit this store. I took off a star because their pricing could be more reasonable.

kenl33
1/26/18

First time online order two items, towel rack need to repair ( think about return, already opened box, I have to drive to shop). two chairs very bad, your hand feel painful when put on seating area, have to return. customer service is nice. So I rating them two stars. or just one star

barbarao39
8/23/17

Bought 3 bar stools in store. Spent time measuring and telling 3 different salespeople I want 30" bar stool. Not counter height. Ordered. Got home. Order was COUNTER HEIGHT. Called store. Told me call customer service. On hold 45 minutes. No answer. Three more calls to store manager. Told me they cancelled order. Out in new order for correct ones. Next day get email that UPS delivering COUNTER STOOLS! evidently order not cancelled. Now have two orders coming. Charged for two orders. Managers no help. Told me they can't call customer service. It's my problem. I have to acceot stools and return them to store. No car big enough to do that. That why I got delivery. Have to stay home and wait for delivery if stools I don't want. Managers rude saying " I did my part. I cancelled order". Well evidently not. It's not cancelled. Called credit card company. To dispute charge. Takes 30-60 days. What a waste of my time. I'm furious! Their incompetence created this and they just pass it off. Customer service never answers the phone. Will NEVER SHOP PIER ONE AGain!

bobm230
7/17/17

DO NOT BUY FROM PIER 1. My wife received a gift and went to return it because it was not to her liking. They gave her a return merchandise gift card. When she went to use it a week later, she was told that corp removed the balance due to fraud. FRAUD? They are the ones that issued us the card. This is what they do so that they do not need to pay back a return. I have just read how many others are having this issue.

maryh62
4/16/17

Pier 1 was a favorite place of mine to shop 1 or 2 decades ago. My impression now is that their items are more commonplace and not as unique, while their prices climbed higher. Not much to interest me any more.

judym108
4/5/17

All orders I have placed with Pier 1 have been just as expected. The items purchased were received in excellent condition and just as advertised. It has been a pleasure to order from Pier 1!

susang100
1/30/17

This place has so many different cool things, from rough peeps to rich look down on us rough but soulful kinds, we all can find what makes us feel great!

josek15
11/27/16

I've been a user for some 8 months now I'd say, so I feel like I know my way around the service pretty well by now. Truth is, it really is as simple and straightforward as it seems. You get cash back, they get a referral fee, and everyone's happy. I'm writing this review after interacting with customer service and it was stellar. It really feels like they know what they are talking about. In these 8 months I've received around 200$ of cashback, so if your a smart shopper, it's definitely worth it.

sheenaw6
9/16/16

A LITTLE OVER PRICED BUT LOVE ALL THE DIFFERENT THINGS THAT YOU WILL NOT SEE IN STORES

debbiei5
9/5/16

I've shopped Pier 1 stores in Florida and Georgia. All these stores are consistently great with merchandise, pricing and customer assistance. Pier 1 has something for everyone. I highly recommend their candles and kitchen/ dining inventory. I love shopping at Pier 1 during the Christmas season. Pier 1 has gorgeous Christmas ornaments, candles, decorating merchandise and dishes. I'd love to be able to purchase furniture.

gianaw
9/5/16

Unique items and very reasonably priced. I do much of my specialty gift shopping at Pier 1

joleenh2
8/20/16

I love to buy things from Pier One. Items are always on time and I've never had to put anything together. A bit costly, but good stuff.

katyw5
8/4/16

This is my MOST FAVORITE store & I'm no longer allowed in here! EVER! My husband drives past it because I spend money like a crazed fool when I'm in there. I love everything they sell. The colors & variety is marvelous. So in season & vibrant. Always alive & new.

gabrielas8
7/31/16

I just can say that pier1 has nothing of ordinary .. I love all the lil different things that they carry. Never had problem returning items .

donnaf35
3/12/16

This is my number one - go to place - for furniture and accessories. Over half my house is Pier 1. You won't go wrong to enter this store!

29 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Pier 1 staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Pier 1