Review of OpticsPlanet

Tel: 800-504-5897
sales@opticsplanet.com

courtneyl71
2/7/19

Second time I've ordered and it took 30+ days to get item! They charged $9.95 for two day shipping... yeah great, guess that doesn't include the Month of handling!!!

terryc221
12/14/18

Purchased 2 laser sights for Glock 43 at nearly $700 and needed them in 2 weeks for a Christmas gift. System allowed purchase to go through, did not mention that they DID NOT HAVE THE PRODUCT IN STOCK and even allowed me to pay for 3 day expedited shipping for a product they did not have. Received an email couple days after the purchase that said my shipment had been ordered and they did not know when it would be fulfilled. I responded to their email as instructed to ask if the product would ship by Christmas. No answer. I emailed again a couple days later - no answer. Called Customer Service and waited on hold for 30 min only to get a Customer Service rep that could not give info on when the product would shop, could care less about my order and was more than happy to cancel it so that he could get on to the next unsatisfied customer.

shawnw142
12/14/18
• Updated review

they didn't charge me for the items that they didn't have ,I may do business with them in the future the shipping is a bit slow but their prices are good

“optics planet is horrible”
12/7/18
• Previous review

optics planet is horrible, I ordered a couple of items put them in my cart paid the money and then they sent me an email a day later saying that they would be 5 to 7 weeks on back order. They will not answer my emails or refund me the money for the two items, it is one of the worst companies I have ever done business with online, do not waste your time and money on Opticsplanet

jamese277
10/22/18

Over a month and still no shipping notification nor product for something advertised as "in stock" when I ordered. Customer service is horrible and only gives the form responses. Never take responsibility for failing to be able to fulfill orders they market. Simply a horrible company to work with.

garye51
7/22/18

As other have mentioned, Optics Planet does not have many of the items they advertise for sale in stock. Their last response (received today) to my multiple inquiries for an expected ship date for an item I ordered six weeks ago was;
"Thank you for contacting us.This order is currently processing. We ask all of our customers to please allow 1-3 business days for orders to process. Once processed, you will receive an email confirmation as well as the tracking information. If there is anything else you need please let us know. Have a nice day!"
Cordial but not helpful.

jorgee16
3/3/18

I placed an order for several items but one of the items wasn't in stock and was estimated at 7-14 days. After 14 days and still waiting I called to see what the deal was, They told me it was going to be ANOTHER 3-4 weeks. So basically I'll be getting my stuff about one and a half months after I placed my order. I've had similar issues ordering from them in the past but this is the worst and the last because I will not be ordering from Optics Planet anymore.

jesic34
1/22/18

I've order product, a month later after several calls they tell me its on back order and don't know when they will get it in. I would cancel my order except I paid for it on a visa gift card I threw away.

ds252
1/15/18

On 11/28/2017, I ordered a mil-spec buffer tube kit, armor's wrench and Magpul MOE rifle stock via their website. I received the armorer's wrench and rifle stock but was sent a message that the buffer tube kit was not available even though their website stated it was in stock. I emailed their customer service on 12/18/2017 and received a reply from Tiffany S. stating that the product was on back order and they wouldn't be stock these until 01/10/2018. I called customer service today, 01/15/2018 and spoke to Shawn and he told me that they wouldn't get the buffer tube kits from Anderson until at least 01/20/2018. This is unacceptable. Needless to say, I cancelled my order for the buffer tube kit. This is the first and last time I will ever order from OpticsPlanet. I should have listened to the guys in my shooting club. They warned me not to order from them. Lesson learned, I guess.

sc3573
9/14/17

I have tried twice to order from optics planet on 2 great deals with their 10% off sales and both times they did not ship or correspond with me why.
I called many times and emailed but they would not honor the price and ship the items. Lots of excuses!
!st time shame on them!
2nd time shame on me.
Won't be a third time!

rickh72
9/8/17

I resently purchased a vortex viper Scope for my AR-10. It was not cheap 640.00 but did not come with scope mount. When i asked customer service for help they said look it up. How rude i went to a competitors site and they were glad to help me.

richardr176
7/6/17

These people are sleezy. The item sent is not as described. Does not fit at all. Then they take forever to start the return process. Still have not received the money yet. They also will not pay back the full amount. Trying to keep ten dollars for shipping. I would not have asked for the piece of garbage to be shipped in the first place if the description was correct. Do business elsewhere. Once again, these people are sleezy and they're slime.

mikeg161
1/21/16

I am very dissapointed and regret ever ordering from optics planet

vladimirm4
2/4/15

very bad experience with Optics Planet, when they charged my credit card, cancelled order without notifying me and not refuse to return mane. i sent them bank statement showing they withdrew money, but customer service still insist i was not charged.

i would think twice before shopping with them

alexc47
10/9/13

I've had a number of good experiences with OpticsPlanet, enough to keep me coming back over the past year or so. Their customer service is on point and can usually sort through any issues. For example, I got the wrong model of bag I ordered, but returning it was painless and they really went out of their way to solve it. Shipping is fast, and it's good to have live inventory on the site (this is one of the major improvements I've noticed). Overall, a quality site to get shooting gear. I bought a couple of mounts that were hard to find otherwise. Will definitely keep shopping with them!

bryant204
8/3/13

Had contacted Opticsplanet.com in regards to ordering a Kill Flash lens cover after enquiring if they would be able to ship to Canada. Their reply was in order to determine this I would have to go thru the process of placing an order and provide my credit card information first. Well did that and got a response that they could not do this as per the laws of the land regarding export of firearm related parts to Canada. Thanks for the wasted effort guys, I did manage to order thru another company in the USA w/o the B.S. excuse. Seems like a simple question which could have been answered on the initial contact. Site states that export limitations may apply but Opticsplanet seems to have no desire to complete the necessary paperwork for USA exports to Canada. Better bet would be to use Webyshops.com as they seem to be on the know about the USA export license application proceedure for shipping to Canada. Had zero difficulty in obtaining a Lucid HD7 and it's assessories thru Webyshops.com.

johnw92
3/2/12

I have placed several orders with opticsplanet.com and spent several thousands of dollars on items such as state of the art optics, lazers, microscopes, camping gear and shooting supplies. I have never been disappointed with this company and give them a 5 star rating.

timh12
1/19/12

These people are awesome. They have a live chat and they can answer just about any question you can think to ask. Very friendly and very helpful and priced way below most other on line optical stores. If you are looking for scopes, mounts, or accessories then head on over to optics planet and give Kathleen a call at 800-504-5897 xt 422.

Questions? Get answers from the OpticsPlanet staff and other customers.

OpticsPlanet?