Review of NZSale.nz

Tel: 04 974 7258
contactus@nzsale.co.nz

ap295
5/23/19

Over the years I've made a number of purchases through the site and in doing so I have experienced very inconsistent service. Incredibly slow delivery rates, (which in some cases has extended to 1.5 - 2 months from order - by which time the season has passed). The contact' facility is an absolute joke, replies can take a week if you're llucky or are simply ignored. If and when replies do come they are simply form' replies - cut and pastes and tend not to address the specifics of the original enquiry. Their refund policy is poor - Still waiting on a refund for something which has very clearly been lost. NZSale still think it can be found despite being it now well over a month since sent, NZSale won't issue a refund at this stage. No contact phone number so you're effectively held hostage by the if we feel like it' customer service replies. I also wonder if site might be exempt from New Zealand's Consumer Laws as I gather it's an Australian business and therefore off-shore. Based on my experiences I have difficulty in recommending this site. If you do decide to take the plunge and buy from the site do a web search to the check prices first, in a number of cases I've found that the original price they quote has been seriously over inflated. There are other alternative sites I suggest you investigate as a possible alternative. The customer service of NZSale has taken a plunge over the years.

amitn17
5/19/19

Bought something on 24th of March which was estimated to be delivered by 16th of March. No one ever contacted me even when the product didn't even get dispatched up to 16th of April. I can see on 8th May the product has arrived and after waiting for long I was expecting to finally receive my product. Then to add y surprise the company refunded my money on 19th of May. I can see that the product is still available to buy on the website. I think the company is accumulating money from the users and then after collecting some interest for 2 months, just returning them their money.
Looks like the company is deceiving people by providing wrong estimated dates.
Also have a look at the image attached. This is Ferrari Credit Card Holder which was delivered on 30th of April and after using it for 3 days, the photo explains the condition of it.

maryl788
5/15/19

Took a month to get here and when it did it wasn't the earrings l ordered. The quality was very inferior.

Better off taking time out to go to the shopping centre and picking your own stuff that way you know what your getting

laurene86
5/15/19

Placed the order. 2 weeks later was informed it had been cancelled as they don't have stock. Advised that I'd get refunded in 3 to 5 business days. Day 5 no refund. Queried and told another 3 to 5 business days. Now I'm on day 5 with at least 10 messages sent to them and still no refund. I'm going to the NZ police as I'm now considering this as theft.

lynh34
5/8/19

Worst online shopping experience I have ever had. Order never turned up, have been waiting 5 months now. Several messages sent, only 2 replies, and then my order and another i was waiting on got cancelled. No explanation and NO REFUNDS. And wow, now they've just gone ahead and deleted all my messages (which they never responded to). PLEASE DONT BUY OFF THIS SITE, THEY ARE UNTRUSTWORTHY, WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY, NOT SUPPLY GOODS, NOT SUPPLY REFUNDS, AND JUST IGNORE ANY MESSAGES YOU SEND.

atholr
5/8/19

Mostly old stock (last season or end of line or limited run) and knock off (reproductions rather than the big brand) but it's cheap and it's fairly efficient.

abhib2
5/6/19

I order a G-Shock Watch from NZ Sale on 23/03/2019 the estimate delivery date of which was between 16/04/2019 to 21/04/2019. I patiently waited for the item to arrive, however it did not arrive till that date I contacted to know how long will it take form the estimated date, was informed to wait as it can take 5 to 7 working days after the estimated date ... I again waited patiently ... RECEIVED THE WATCH TODAY , HOWEVER ITS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM THE WATCH I ORDERED THE DIAL OF THE WATCH IS NOTHING LIKE ITS SHOWN IN THE SITE ... IT IS COMPLETE FALSE ADVERTISING ... I WOULD LOVE TO POST THE PICTURE OF BOTH THE ITEMS (WHAT WAS ORDERED AND WHAT I RECEIVED)

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Abhi, thank you for taking the time to write your review and share your experience. I apologise for all the issues with the late dispatch of these G-Shock Watch. If the item is not as we described, please do reach out directly via your account and contact us or do call us directly on 04 974 7258 so that we can assist you further regarding this issue as soon as possible. Looking forward to hearing from you.
stub12
5/5/19

I order clothes from NZ Sale - its been way over the advertised delivery date (their tracking order system states "stock arrived" for several weeks - but no movement, no contact - just states the have the goods ....... and thats that!! The customer service is non existent! And don't even bother trying to get a refund, just count your losses and let everyone know what these guys are about (warn them - unless they are your enemy, then recommend and enjoy their misery!) - I also had a colleague take the "ourpay" laybuy option - DO NOT DO THIS you be making payments for something that ain't coming. Go with Amazon (or similar trusted sites) as these sites are active in ensuring clients are happy, you may pay more - but you will know where your item is and they are there for you if something goes wrong (it never does with Amazon) STAY AWAY

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Stu B, thanks for your honest feedback on your recent NZSale experience. We are concerned to hear that you have not received great Customer Service. We have been working hard to improve our service and hope you will give us another chance to look into this more for you, please reach out to our Head Office on 04 974 7258. We would love to hear from you and be able to rectify or answer any issues you have.
darnielled
5/3/19

If I could give zero stars I would. I purchased almost $400 worth of clothing. After more than two weeks I contacted them to ask why my order wasn't even at the stock arrived' stage. Their reply didn't come for three days and was automated. This has been the communication process with this company for the past week. I message, three days later I receive an automated unhelpful response, and then it repeats. Please don't waste your time, money, or energy here people. I regretfully didn't read the reviews before downloading. It appears to be the case for many many people. It's the most frustrating online shopping experience I've had to date. I won't be using them again.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Darnielle D, thank you for taking the time to share your review and sorry to hear that you have not had any resolution to your query regarding items that you have not yet received. We are concerned that the responses were not quite right and would love the opportunity to put things right for you. Could you please reach out to us at Head Office on 04 974 7258 so that we can look into this and be able to do things better. Looking forward to hearing from you
robynr35
4/8/19

This place is the worst on line shopping I've ever dealt with waiting for items to arrive for wks upon wks upon wks also false advertising claiming stock available but is not available. I definitely wouldn't recommend ordering anything from them and when reading other reviews theirs no positive reviews so that's saying alot.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi Robyn R, Thank you for reaching out to us here regarding your order that did not arrive as per advertised. Please be informed that we do not hold stock in our warehouse however once the sale ended, the PO will be submitted to the supplier to arrange the stock as per PO and once stock arrives they will dispatch it directly to the customers. ETA advertised is based on the whats been provided by the supplier and I do apologies that we could meet the ETA advertised. I will raise this with our Management to look into this so that we can avoid this. Thank you.
melodyp27
4/5/19

Extremely disappointed in NZ Sale, so many times this year I have had issues. orders unable to be fulfilled, orders MAJOURLY delayed and then false advertising too. I bought the Huggies nappies which said it would ship in 48 hours. More than 2 weeks later they haven't even shipped yet, unable to tell me when they will ship and said I'll still have to wait an additional 7-10 days when they do finally ship. Why advertise it as being a 48 hour shipping time if you can't meet the demands?? They are no help when you try to message them, they stick with the same replies and just brush over the problem saying just apologise and say everything is out of their control. Will not be shopping with them any more.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello Melody, Thank you for expressing your feedback regarding the delayed order and also repeated replies to your messages. I do apologies that this has happened when we try to deliver the best we could. I'm glad that yo have address this so that I can raise this to our Management to look into this and prevent from this happening again. This our phone number 049747258, and you may call us directly during business if you need to talk. Thank you.
mc561
4/5/19

Absolutely abysmal customer service. Reps copy-paste responses that don't answer your question/address the issue. It's common for items to be significantly (weeks/months) delayed past the expected deliver with no proactive contact from NZ sale whatsoever. I shopped shopping with NZ sale for almost a year after several awful customer service experiences and recently started again... only to see they still haven't bothered to address the issue. I won't be shopping with them again.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hi M.C, Thank you for writing your feedback and experience with us. I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience with late delivery and also for not getting a prompt reply from our team. We value every customer and their business with us. We definitely will take your feedback to prosper and progress in our quality and service in future. I'm so sorry once again that this is not quite a good experience for you. Should you need further assistance, please do let me know. Thank you.
palomas5
3/28/19

Ordered 2 x Calvin Klein bralette and panty. Only received the tops and no bottoms thinking they might arrive later but didn't. I contacted the customer service ppl requesting they send the bottoms ASAP & their reply was - "Unfortunately we are not able to send you the bottoms as we don't keep stock of the item". Why would you advertise stock you don't have for sale!? Not impressed with their reply and only offered 50% refund for putting me out of pocket with their lies. Their customer replies were slow also, I will never be purchasing from their site again!!! BEWARE!

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello Paloma, thank you for sharing this feedback with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not receive the complete set. Our stocks are sent over by our suppliers and our team package them and send them to you. In the event that the order is not complete, like in your case, there is no excess stocks for us to organise the missing part of your order. As such, in this instance, the team will organise a refund for you. I am really sorry that this was not handled promptly and please do let me know if there is anything I can assist you with.
wendya112
3/17/19

Wouldnt let me log in and then told me card had expired, had to cancel out and redo, the whole thing took ages.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello Wendy, thank you for sharing this with us. I apologise for the delayed reply. I am sorry to hear about this experience and please let me know if you have any other queries.
taniac25
3/9/19

These guys try to do everything right but delivery or maybe choice of deliverer let's them down. My latest item has been in my town and with courier since 9.30 Saturday morning. It is now Wednesday morning and not yet delivered. Huge let down and very disappointed in the level of service - again.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hey Tania. Thank you for taking your time to write us a review here as we do appreciate all the feedback we receive.I'm sorry to hear that you're still waiting on for your order that has been delayed. Unfortunately when an order is dispatched the tracking details is not immediately available as it can take up to 5 business days sometimes for the tracking to commence. Please do reach out to us for more should you need any assistance to track your parcel and my team mates will be more than happy to assist. Rest assured that we are working hard to make your experience with us better each day.
rl168
2/26/19

I ordered items in January and it is almost MARCH and no sign of my order. I still have a missing shirt from this order number: 28442423; a missing coat, shirt and scarf from this order number: 28482261 and missing sunglasses from this order number: 28513008. I use this website a lot but it has become significantly worse recently and is almost unusable as a service. It is far too slow and annoying.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hey RL, thanks for reaching out to us here and I'm really sorry to hear the delay of your orders. For order no 28442423, this was just dispatched on 26/1 from our warehouse in the UK and I do see that my team mate has provided you with the tracking details through contact message no 4793551. As for order no - 28482261 the shirt and shirt was just delivered to you. The scarf is being prepared to be dispatched. And lastly for order no 28513008 - this has now been delivered looking at the tracking details. Again our apologies for the delay and we are working hard to get back on track to deliver items to you within the estimated dates. If you need anything further, please do reach out to us.
louelleb
2/14/19

Failed to provide a refund when item was out of stock - provided a store credit instead (with a 6 month expiry deadline)
Received an email a month after purchasing items online to inform me that one item was out of stock and wasn't included in the dispatch. So they had effectively failed to manage their stock, and did not inform the purchaser of this at the time of sale. Also no offer to rectify or send the item once it becomes available.

They provided me with store credit for this (instead of a refund), stating that a part of the sale was composed of a voucher. This is despite the much larger proportion of the sale being topped up with my own money. I asked for a refund on part of the money I put towards the sale and they declined my request.

So as a consumer I'm now stuck with more store credit with a 6 month expiry, even though I don't intend to buy from them again, and I also didn't receive the item I spent time purchasing and waiting for,at no fault of my own. I'm also stuck spending more precious time just trying to get my own money back from them for an item I never received.

On the other hand, NZSale get people's money and no incentive to manage their stock better whatsoever.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hey Louelle. Thank you for reaching out to us here and I must apologise for the late response. Please do allow me to explain on how we work. When you place an order with us, we generally do not have the stock in our warehouse. We will only receive the stock once the sale is completed.and if there's any discrepancy with the stock then an refund will be process. However, I'm sorry to see that the refund for this item was not refunded into you card and instead as Store Credit. I have just checked further into your account and I can see that the monies has now been credited into your credit card. Please do reach out to us if you need anything further.
margaretn54
12/21/18

Every time I called the wellington number, I have been put onhold for 20 so minutes and in the end I have to leave a message which no one ever call back. I don't know if there was anyone there....I have a credit for returning goods, but I can't use it for my new purchase. I left emails and messages, no one do anything, this is the kind of service I received.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hey Margaret, thanks for reaching out to us here. I'm sorry to hear that you were not able to get in touch with us and for the late response. I do hope that you have now contacted us and this has now been resolved. Thanks
judiths215
12/18/18

NEVER buy anything from NZSale. I am lost for words about the appalling product I received and the abysmal follow up to my complaint. I paid for a pair of new shoes and received a disgusting pair of used shoes. The black pattern on the insole was partially worn off and there was blood/exudate over the bunion area inside both shoes. Thankfully I have received the refund but I am still waiting for a response to my complaint. How is it possible to receive 2nd hand goods being sold as new shoes? I will NEVER purchase anything from NZSale again.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hey Judith thanks for reaching out to us here. I'm sorry for the condition of the shoes you received and for the late response. I do hope that someone has got back to you with regards to this. Thank you.
harrieta6
12/11/18

Ordered an expensive fragrance for my partner. Originally due 22-27 November, according to order tracking the item was delivered into the uk warehouse on 14/11 and should have been shipped on 16/11. As I could see nothing happening, I followed up and finally it was shipped 28/11 to arrive in 7-10 working days. Except the parcel tracker doesn't work. Multiple emails and phone calls later, still no one knows where the parcel is and can give no update. All I get back are generic cut and paste answers (apart from the reply I got that was meant for another client not related o my order). So here we are, 12th December and still no parcel, no commitment to when it will arrive or even any inkling of care from nz sale. I don't generally complain but the service (or lack thereof) has been absolutely appalling.
Let's see how I go getting a refund...

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello Harriet. Firstly my sincere apologies for the late response here and I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble with your order. I do hope you have received this now and if there's anything further you need, please do reach out to us on our Facebook page or provide us with an order no here. I would love to look into this, Thanks.
georges513
12/11/18

I done afew small purchases, went well till I done big purchases and now they have a large sum of my money with no reply nor no items sent to me. I have sent over 20 messages with no replys I hate this site they are happy to send automated messages but not refund my funds hate them for the stress an the lack of customer care

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello George, thank you for sharing this experience with us. I am sorry that your messages had not been responded to. I do hope that this issue has now been resolved. If this is not the case, please do send us a message with your order number and we'd look into this for you.
pipw2
12/10/18

I received the wrong order and straight away messaged them, not a single reply to date after my third message. It was meant for a Christmas present, now looks like I'll have to spend more money buying something else instead.

Really bad service - I paid for a product upfront that I haven't received and they can't even do the right thing by amending their mistake, let alone replying to my messages.

I do like their products, however I'm concerned to make anymore orders if this is what happens.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello Pip, thank you for writing to us. I apologize for the delayed reply. I am sorry that your order was incorrect and that you had not gotten a reply. I hope this issue has now been resolved and if this is not the case, please do provide us with your order number and we'd look into this for you.
roryc28
11/28/18

I bought a $35 piece of artwork from NZSale on Sep 3.

I received the wrong one on Sep 30 and contacted NZSale that same day. I said I was happy with either a replacement or refund.

After exchanging a few messages, I was told that NZSale could not provide a replacement and instead would send me a postage bag to return the item at their expense. They assured me that after receiving the package at their warehouse, they would issue a refund.

Almost a month later, this postage bag still had not arrived.

I messaged NZ Sale on Oct 31 and they replied on Nov 1 telling me to organise the return of the artwork directly with Castle Parcels myself.

After several emails back and forth with Castle Parcels, the local branch called me on Nov 12 and agreed to pick up the package the next day.

NZSale confirmed their receipt of the artwork on Nov 22 and gave me $35 store credit.

I messaged them that afternoon and asked for a refund instead. I also mentioned that the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, Section 23.3, states "The obligation to refund cannot be satisfied by permitting the consumer to acquire goods from the supplier".

NZSale replied on Nov 23 with this message: "Based on your reason for return, you have not been eligible for a refund as per our Return Policy. Nevertheless, I'd be happy to assist you with a refund in this instance as an exception as I can see you are a valuable customer of ours."

I responded by quoting Section 2 of NZSale's Return Policy: "If the item you have received is so different from the description that you would not have bought it, you are entitled to a refund under the Law". I referred once again to the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 as well as the Fair Trading Act 1986, and mentioned that my next point of contact would be the Commerce Commission if a refund did not occur.

I received an email from PayPal on Nov 27 saying that a refund of $35 had been actioned. This appeared in my bank account the next day.

NZSale replied to my last message on Nov 28. They said they were "extremely sorry" and "will speak with the warehouse team to find out if this is a genuine mistake".

All in all, my experience with NZSale has been arduous and frustrating. It took two months from the date I received the wrong item to finally get a refund.

NZSale's message sent Nov 23, which called me a "valuable customer" and implied providing a refund was a generous offer beyond their legal obligations, was simply insulting. It should not have required reference to trading legislation and mention of contacting the Commerce Commission for NZSale to finally acknowledge their error and credit a refund.

I never intend to shop with NZSale again and I recommend nobody else does. It just is not worth the risk given the many other websites available, such as AliExpress, for cheap clothing and other products.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello Rory, I apologise for the delayed reply. I am sorry to hear about your experience with our team. We do not have a free postage bag. I am sorry for the misinformation. In the event that an item arrives incorrect, we'd be able to organize for the item to be picked up at our cost and we would issue you with a refund. I am sorry that you had been provided with a credit as opposed to a refund once it had been returned. I'd send this feedback to our team to ensure these are not repeated and I am sorry that we have lost you. Please do let me know if there is anything we can do.
timl234
11/26/18

How can they name their site NZSale when stock is processed in Shenzen and has been sitting 7 days at PB Transport still no idea when I will receive it!!! Getting pretty angry now!!
Not Recommended!!

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello Tim, thank you for your message. We do have suppliers from various parts of the world and we do have offices in various countries. I am sorry that your order has been delayed. I apologise for the delay in the delivery of your order.
rachaelj15
11/12/18

Appalling Service! The site did not save my changes to delivery address so they sent item to the wrong address. When I followed up the item it took several messages on their website and a complaint through PayPal for anyone to even respond to me. When they did respond they were rude and less than helpful. We managed to retrieve the item ourselves by contacting the people at the address where NZSale had wrongly sent the item, but it was the wrong size. We arranged for a return and dropped it back to the warehouse where we were told that the sizing is often wrong and they could not process our refund as this would have to be processed by head office. Two weeks later we are still waiting for our refund, I have left messages on their website once again as there is no contact phone number for them (the only phone number I can find for them online has been disconnected) but surprise, surprise, nobody has responded to my messages! Two words - Never Again!!

Response from Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative
Hello Rachael, I apologise for the delayed reply. Thank you for sharing this experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your messages were not replied to promptly and that your order had been sent incorrectly. Can I check if this issue has now been resolved? I am really sorry for this experience as I am unable to check without your order number and I am sorry that this was not dealt with as smoothly as you had expected.

Hello Oskar, thank you for your question. I apologise for the delayed reply. All information on product is available on the website under the product information.

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative

Hi Bruce, our estimated delivery times are listed directly on the site, and beside each individual item along with which warehouse they are being dispatched from

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative

Hi Brydie, any issues you have with lost items please do reach out directly via your account and contact us, we will raise this directly with the respective couriers

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative

Hi Lynelle, once your request has come through our team will send you through the details on how to return your item to us, if this has not reached you, please do send us through a message directly via your account and "Contact Us' so that we can send through all of the information

Hi AS, all of our products are 100% authentic

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative

Hi Rhonda, thanks for messaging in, these dates are only estimated as transportation and other factors are beyond our control, so we are not able to guarantee delivery times. These estimated dates are when we expect the orders from this sale to be delivered. Once you place an order you can track this directly via your account through to your door, and if you have any queries please just send us a message directly via your account and contact us as our Team is here to help

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative

Hi Angela, thanks for messaging in, we source goods from numerous sources around the World, with teams in Australia, USA and across Europe, we have access to the best international brands. We deal with many brands directly or with their official suppliers and therefore able to offer this amazing deals

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative

All of our products are 100% authentic. As we source goods from numerous sources around the World, with teams in Australia, USA and across Europe, we have access to the best international brands. We deal with many brands directly or with their official suppliers. On occasion we may sell items that have not been sold locally. Rest assured that these products are legitimate and that they may simply not have been offered as part of the range within our market.

By Blake S., NZSale.nz Representative

Questions? Get answers from the NZSale.nz staff and other customers.

7 Photos for NZSale.nz