Review of Mr. Cooper

accessibility@mrcooper.com

shauns57
Shaun S.
1/15/19

If I could give 0 stars if could. My house was destroyed by the Camp Fire in California on Nov. 8. I received a check to payoff the loan and replacement cost from Farmers Ins (They were awesome) within 25 days of the fire. The check with my name and Mr Coopers name was received by the payoff dept on 12/14/18. At this time my check was send to the research dept. Which the name does not fit them as the did no research to find out why my check was in their hands. Research Dept took my check and filed it away. On 12/20/18 I called the Escalation Dept to confirm that account was paid off and my money was on the way and found out customer service failed to tell me I need a signed Mortgage Affidavit to release my funds and payoff the account. So on 12/20/18 this information was emailed to me and emailed back to escalation which emailed the affidavit to the Research Dept to complete the transaction. Escalation Dept. sent a second email to Research Dept to get confirmation that the payoff was moving forward. Apparently the Research Dept needs to research how to open and read emails because there was never a reply to the emails sent to them. I might also add that there is no way to contact the Research Dept. because I asked ever person (supervisors included) how to get into contact with them. Hmmm! On 1/14/19 I still had not received a check so I jumped through all the customer service hoops only to find out my money is still sitting at the Research Dept. All that needed to be done was for some to upload the affidavit and they process was started. So now I have to wait another 20 days to get my check. This all assuming the research dept has nothing to do with the process because if they gotta actually work I'm screwed!

tariqm6
3/19/18

The master the art of third party.
The bought my loan then the hassle started. They never informed me of that and my automatic payment kept going to the previous lender and come back.
Three month later while I am not home they invaded the house, stole all valuable electronics, had parties left pizza boxes, beer, liquor and used male contraceptive garbage behind and changed the lock.
When I came back they didn't want me to call the police and promised to handle and reimburse... Etc however they transferred me to the insurance company and claim they have no knowledge of what happened and (now) they don't have police reports. At the end of the year they added more than 3 K to my escrow claiming it was for the third party company to secure the house.
They repeated this several times and faked it on paper when I started to sell the house just to get rid of them and actually they added those illegal transactions to my total and twisted my neck with passion.
They then claimed that they failed in charging me for taxes and added 7K plus when I was leaving.
The icing of the cake was tons of discrimination comments and other very narrow minded uncalled for acts.
If you see mrcooper RUN away as fast as you can.

stephaniep92
1/16/18

Our mortgage got sold to Mr. Cooper, formerly Nationstar. We immediately had issues when we had never had issues, ever, with any other mortgage company. They robocalled my husband incessantly at work saying our payment was overdue, when we had not even gotten any payment information from them. This happened for about two weeks, even AFTER we made our first payment. Their message when you call is very hostile: We are a debt collector blah blah blah, anything you say on this call will be used against you (paraphrasing here). We decided to pull money from retirement savings and just pay it off to eliminate ever having to deal with them again. The information on their official form for wiring the final payment was wrong. They have not logged in our final payment, which we had to send by registered mail. This place is a disaster. You'd be better off with any other lender. Why did they change their name? To make it more "friendly". Perhaps if they treated their customers with respect, they would not have had to change their name.

Questions? Get answers from the Mr. Cooper staff and other customers.

Mr. Cooper?