Review of Mr. Cooper

Tel: 855-375-4001
accessibility@mrcooper.com

jimd125
5/14/19

Terrible nonexistent customer service. They violate Marketing Laws as I remove myself from receiving marketing material and phone contacts and yet all I keep being inundated with marketing material and sales calls asking me to refinance. This is the worst mortgage company on the face of the earth I actually put my house up for sale so I can get rid of the mortgage.

baleegha
4/12/19

Very complicated company and bad non-helpful customer services, I am thinking to refinance just to get rid of this miserable company.. they recently bought my loan from LoanDepot and since then all things started to be more complicated every day.. AVOID THEM IF YOU CAN.

robinh284
4/3/19

The day my mortgage was sold to Mr. Cooper was the day that my nightmare began! Mr. Cooper didn't mail me statements for a year! Every time I called, I was told that they are not required by law to send statements, I will need to call every month and ask the amount of my payment. There were times that I send payments and Mr. Cooper claimed they never received the payments, which resulted in them charging me late fees. Every 1st of the month when I used to send payments, the checks were cashed after the grace period, and i was charged late fees. I put my property on the market on March 1st, 2019. On March 8th, the escrow title company requested Mr. Cooper the payoff amount including all fees, letting Mr. Cooper know that escrow will be closing on March 28th, telling Mr. Cooper that they need to calculate all interest and fees until March, 28th. Mr. Cooper faxed the payoff amount including the calculated interest until 04/01. They faxed it on March 13th. Escrow closed on March 28th, and Mr Cooper was wired the funds on March 28th. The property had a damaged roof that needed repair, the hazard insurance was informed, and send a check made out to both Mr. Cooper and myself. The check was send to Mr. Cooper. I had to pay $18841.30 out of my own pocket. The roof was repaired, and inspection has passed. I have been calling the Loss and Drafts Department for 3 days, asking when are they planning to mail me my check. Every time I get a different answer, but today I told the rep that the property has no longer a loan, as the entire loan was paid off on March 28th. To my horror, the rep tells me, no, the loan hasn't been paid off, but she can't give me the details as I need to call the payoff department. I call them, and they tell me that I still owe money. I tell them that I'm looking at the all the documents as we speak, I see their statement and the date, I see their calculations until 04/01, and I see the wire transfer on March 28th. They tell me that they only calculated the payoff until March 8th and not until March 28th, when escrow closes. I tell them that I see in black and white in front of me the request for the payoff until March 28th, and their response for the payoff. That's when things started to get ugly, I was told that if I don't pay the rest of what I owe the property will be foreclosed on. I asked what is the amount that they claim that I still owe? I get told that they are not allowed to tell me over the phone, I will be charged $25 for them to email that to me. I slammed down the phone, called my attorney and the escrow title and explained the whole story. Keep in mind that I have all documents proving Mr. Cooper are liars. Both my attorney and the rep from the escrow title called Mr. Cooper and got told that there is $200 outstanding. The escrow title wired the $200 to Mr. Cooper today. By law a lender must call a few days before escrow closes to inform of any changes in the payoff amount, or to make sure that the right payoff amount is being paid. Mr. Cooper didn't do that. If I didn't call them today, they would have forclosed on the property without my knowledge. This can't carry on like that. Mr. Cooper is a scamming, cheating, bunch of liars company. No wonder they have over 400 reviews on Yelp with 1 star ratings.

theresah222
3/27/19

I asked Mr. Cooper to re evaluate my PMI insurance. I received a letter congratulating me that I did not have to pay PMI insurance anymore and when I called the company I was told it was a mistake and that there was nothing they could do. I Ifeel that they need to correct their mistake and pay whatever is necessary for my PMI to go away. Now they have given me to amounts one of which was $3000 what of which was $5000 a little bit different and nobody seems to really know what they're doing. RUN from this company do not work with them do not talk to them they are the worst.

shauns57
Shaun S.
1/15/19

If I could give 0 stars if could. My house was destroyed by the Camp Fire in California on Nov. 8. I received a check to payoff the loan and replacement cost from Farmers Ins (They were awesome) within 25 days of the fire. The check with my name and Mr Coopers name was received by the payoff dept on 12/14/18. At this time my check was send to the research dept. Which the name does not fit them as the did no research to find out why my check was in their hands. Research Dept took my check and filed it away. On 12/20/18 I called the Escalation Dept to confirm that account was paid off and my money was on the way and found out customer service failed to tell me I need a signed Mortgage Affidavit to release my funds and payoff the account. So on 12/20/18 this information was emailed to me and emailed back to escalation which emailed the affidavit to the Research Dept to complete the transaction. Escalation Dept. sent a second email to Research Dept to get confirmation that the payoff was moving forward. Apparently the Research Dept needs to research how to open and read emails because there was never a reply to the emails sent to them. I might also add that there is no way to contact the Research Dept. because I asked ever person (supervisors included) how to get into contact with them. Hmmm! On 1/14/19 I still had not received a check so I jumped through all the customer service hoops only to find out my money is still sitting at the Research Dept. All that needed to be done was for some to upload the affidavit and they process was started. So now I have to wait another 20 days to get my check. This all assuming the research dept has nothing to do with the process because if they gotta actually work I'm screwed!

tariqm6
3/19/18

The master the art of third party.
The bought my loan then the hassle started. They never informed me of that and my automatic payment kept going to the previous lender and come back.
Three month later while I am not home they invaded the house, stole all valuable electronics, had parties left pizza boxes, beer, liquor and used male contraceptive garbage behind and changed the lock.
When I came back they didn't want me to call the police and promised to handle and reimburse... Etc however they transferred me to the insurance company and claim they have no knowledge of what happened and (now) they don't have police reports. At the end of the year they added more than 3 K to my escrow claiming it was for the third party company to secure the house.
They repeated this several times and faked it on paper when I started to sell the house just to get rid of them and actually they added those illegal transactions to my total and twisted my neck with passion.
They then claimed that they failed in charging me for taxes and added 7K plus when I was leaving.
The icing of the cake was tons of discrimination comments and other very narrow minded uncalled for acts.
If you see mrcooper RUN away as fast as you can.

stephaniep92
1/16/18

Our mortgage got sold to Mr. Cooper, formerly Nationstar. We immediately had issues when we had never had issues, ever, with any other mortgage company. They robocalled my husband incessantly at work saying our payment was overdue, when we had not even gotten any payment information from them. This happened for about two weeks, even AFTER we made our first payment. Their message when you call is very hostile: We are a debt collector blah blah blah, anything you say on this call will be used against you (paraphrasing here). We decided to pull money from retirement savings and just pay it off to eliminate ever having to deal with them again. The information on their official form for wiring the final payment was wrong. They have not logged in our final payment, which we had to send by registered mail. This place is a disaster. You'd be better off with any other lender. Why did they change their name? To make it more "friendly". Perhaps if they treated their customers with respect, they would not have had to change their name.

No one chooses Mr Cooper. They buy up existing mortgages

By Jim D.

None None None None None None None None None None None None

By Jim D.
Questions? Get answers from the Mr. Cooper staff and other customers.

Mr. Cooper?