Review of 1&1 Media Inc.

Chesterbrook, PA 19087
Tel: 3086359010

cleare1
1/10/19

The scam company mail.com will automatically block any account about few days later.

They will block any account about few days later 100% guarantee.

Result: mail.com will display like this 100% guarantee.

wanjiruj
12/10/18

I am a premium subscriber, i liked it at first because i could add the mulitple email addresses i manage. Sadly, the account was blocked and this the reply they send me.

Dear mail.com Member,

With kind regards,
Your mail.com Support Team

***this is the best answer i could get with a paid subscription
***so users can loose access to their account without remedy!!!

beatricem30
10/27/18

I cannot remember my password. I used my birthday to get access to change my password and it says it is the wrong birthday. I just created the email in June and use it for twitter

marekf1
10/23/18

Can't access my account, i have tried logging in but was blocked due to apparent "irregular activities"! Stay away from them!

stevep367
10/19/18

Well, I've been using this service for years. Today, I have no more access to my e-mail account. I received a message stating that my account is blocked and I need to contact them. The contact is by way of a web form and no time commitment for addressing the issue. Tried Facebook and Twitter but Mail.com obviously does not pride itself on efficiency. Unfortunately, after doing some research, it has become evident that this is not an isolated issue. Also, it appears that the situation could be terminal.

bryund
9/25/18

Mailcom redirected searches within my Firefox browser inserting / changing protocol
to search Internet through their "home page" - side stepping Firefox. This created problem of not being able to log on public WI-FI networks because [ the owner of
navigator-lxa.mail.com ] was not properly configured and thus regarded as not being
secure. I was unable to make any connection until I figured out to rid of the redirect
mail.com did in Firefox - which took me a good bit of time to do as I'm not a computer expert of any sort. If anything, Mailcom needs to make it just as easy to UNDO this as easy as it was to make the redirect in the first place. They wasted a lot of my time and created bad situation of stopping me from accessing Internet at a time when I seriously needed access.

davidf627
8/15/18

At first several years ago this email site worked adequately, but slowly got worse. Recently they took money out of my credit card without my permission to allow me a Premium Status (limited ads). Now i can't even get on my old email and see what's there. This company is a waste of money and provides no service, even if you ask them. Stay away!!

concernedo1
8/2/18

I thought I was the only one. I realize this is free, but WTF? And after 3 to 4 years of using this email service. Hmmm, which makes me think they are blocking accounts based on either complaints or scanning emails?? They give NO reason why they block people out and leave them with no recourse. Something is VERY unsavory here.

Just yesterday I was blocked from sending (still can receive) due to irregular activities and was told that I MUST change my PW. I have several aliases as well. I went to change it, but all that did was lock me OUT completely!!!

I then tried using another alias, said I forgot my password and was able to login strangely. Today is Aug 2nd and once again it happened. Another obscure email from security claiming I need to change my PW and that I will be blocked from sending any emails. I emailed these Leftist humps yesterday with NO RESPONSE!! (used another email acct for a response). Today, strangely, I tried to recover my PW but instead of sending it to another acct like they did yesterday, it wants you to contact support - which is NON EXISTENT!!

BTW, this is owned by 1&1 the web company (Global @ssholes) - and if you haven't already noticed with their so called "news" they shove in your face daily - its HEAVILY Liberal Propaganda.

1&1 Mail & Media Inc.
701 Lee Road
Chesterbrook PA

Sadly, after about 3 years of this mail.com I must use another service and pay - switching to fastmail.com At least there are NO ads, no propaganda and no bullsh*t fake support and blocking me from using my own EMAIL!!!!!!!!!

I smell lawsuit action.

uchennae
7/23/18

Run!! They will lock you out of your account. After two years and putting this on my business card, I cannot access my account. This is a common occurrence, just go to their Facebook page and read comments on their pictures. Customer service is a joke! I literally have sent them an email every 30 min. They claim they are not receiving my emails. Once they lock you out you must send a valid ID picture to get back in, if they ever let you in...run dont walk!!!! It may work for a while, but once you start depending on it and create a million contacts you will be locked out with no way back in!!!

georgeg259
7/20/18

What you have to understand about mail.com is that the free mail platform is just designed to get you in the door so they can sell you their premium service.

The free platform is garbage. If the person to whom you're sending hasn't received email from you before, your message will go directly to their Spam. In addition, it doesn't support any useful signature in your outbound messages.

Then on top of that, their "support" is an insult. They won't allow you to reach out by phone and it takes days before a human will respond to a request for help, even if your email service is shut down.

In short, avoid this platform like the plague.

dougw125
7/12/18

I have been a personal user of mail.com for the last year. I even got an account for my wife. Everything was fine until 3 days ago! We have tried logging in, but we are blocked due to apparent "irregular activities" - WHAT IRREGULAR ACTIVITIES???? - we have been using this account to make our home purchase so now we can't get to the documents!!

Support won't help us and no one will tell us what to do! I tried to convert the account to PREMIUM thinking this would help. Won't work either!

I agree with the previous post - they deserve to burn in hell! STAY THE F$%^& AWAY IF YOUR INFORMATION AND EMAIL ARE IMPORTANT TO YOU!

Extremely dissatisfied user!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gerardk21
7/12/18

I have been a client of this service for the past 6 months, everything was fine until yesterday! i have tried logging in, but was blocked due to apparent "irregular activities" - WHAT IRREGULAR ACTIVITIES???? - have just received new fresh mintly printed business cards with this f#%^$ email address that i have created with them! now, after reading all the comments i'm afraid that i have lost all my details an dhave to print new cards! for F$%^$ sakes!, my clients have this email, everyone mails me here! these people are arseholes and deserve to burn in hell! STAY THE F$%^& AWAY IF YOUR INFORMATION AND EMAIL ARE IMPORTANT TO YOU! unless you really like wasting your time and losing things just because. i'm really dissapointed, but it seems there are more people out there with dodgy behavior who are posing as legitimate business. THIS IS THE DEVILS WORK! HE IS USING THEM TO FRUSTRATE YOU AND DESTROY YOUR CHARACTER, because you will snap at the stupidity and the amount of time wasted and information lost! #shakingmyhead #needawhiskey!

robertt444
7/11/18

I used the service and like everyone else has stated account was blocked. Switched from another service provider for businesses and I cannot access those emails or transfer them. Asked tech support to correct and no help unless you are a premium member. Fell like that is the end game. Dont sign up unless you have a backup plan for emails

dennisd153
6/30/18

I used this service for 6 months -- all of my email, all of my contacts including business contacts. Then, the other day, my account was blocked for no reason. I contacted them, and they responded with a form letter saying that they won't do anything to fix it -- or even tell me why. DO NOT USE MAIL.COM! This is a disaster.

"We have forwarded your request to unblock your account to our security department and it was determined that the account in question will remain blocked.

"Please note that this is a decision made by our abuse department and we do not have further information we can provide to you.

"With kind regards,
Your mail.com Support Team"

Tip for consumers: Don't use mail.com

midgeg
6/29/18

Started using their service for business emails. I had business cards printed with my new email on, used the account for 1 week then they blocked it. No reason why, I wasn't doing anything that breached the T&C's so I now have to reprint 500 business cards and have the embarrassment of notifying my customers. Avoid this email provider.

markg496
6/28/18

My account was blocked!! First they tagged me as an abusive user, and offered me no information, but they finally came forward and informed me that my email account had been hacked. I signed up for World Cup Soccer and the hack probably came through Russia hackers who claim to be totally innocent always. I was offered admittance back into the site, but I seriously doubt that I will accept. Cyber security is a game of cat and mouse; a difficult business these days of defending users against cyber criminals, but obviously mail.com has much room for improving their cyber defenses. I hate changing my passwords all the time!

markos28
5/31/18

Less than a year ago, I made 2 accounts, and I really had intentions to migrate most of my contacts to this service. But today I tried to get into my account and check some of my emails until I got a message that my mail DOES NOT EXIST. WOW! Really? Just like that. Thanks God that I didn't linked anything important to this "mail" service, otherwise I would be in a very very big trouble. But things can get even worse, when I tried to see if I can make a new account I'm finding out that this service has blocked my entire country, probably a whole region ( I am from south-east Europe).
Although I have always loved to experiment with new things and give them a chance, this is one of those services that should be avoided at all costs because you can easily lose all of your data and messages and no one will be responsible for that.

You'll have a better chance to recover your mails after traditional hacking than here.
This is only good for spamming and illegal activities.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

Tip for consumers: Use it only if you don't care about your mails.

fayew19
5/7/18

I set up an account and I thought everything looked all right. I had planned to close my other email accounts and switch everything over to mail.com. But first I tried sending emails to my mail.com account to make sure it was up and running. I tried logging onto my mail.com, but was unable to, even after days of trying, and contacting the site management. Thankfully I didn't close any of my other email accounts, because apparently mail.com is not a real email site. Don't waste your time with this email. Choose a real email site.

peters461
5/4/18

All email accounts were blocked for unusual activity after 1 month and when I responded to the email link was told that the accounts will remain blocked until further notice by decision of the abuse department. Luckily, no important emails were yet setup. Totally stuck and accounts cannot be accessed or used. If you want safe and reliable email service and customer support, look elsewhere beside mail.com. Lesson learned

katiet52
5/2/18

I set up this account 3 months ago to receive rsvp's to my wedding. 3 days ago they blocked my account due to irregular activity. I have asked them to contact me but I have heard nothing.

pauls733
4/30/18

They blocked my accout without any warning. I lost important informations. People stay away. Mail.com is same garbage like Communist News Network (CNN).

sarat95
4/24/18

Wow. Signed up about a month ago. Switched all of my banking and other important items that require email to this new email address - only to find out that they just randomly, without explanation blocked it!!! Stay away - seems like I'm just another one in a looooong line of people this is happening to. Could it be bc I didn't want to give them an alternate email they could sell? Or that after a month I refused to sign up for their premium service? Shame on you, mail.com! People sign up in good faith. Shame on you.

juniorg13
4/13/18

Even trying out this service will cause your referenced email acount to be a target for spam. They sell your email. So do not give them a important email when you sign up. Stay away, a free account is not worth the trouble.

dr1734
4/12/18

Over the last year about 10% of the messages I sent were never received, and there was no error message warning me. I double checked by sending to some of my own alternate accounts and confirmed it.

johnb1092
4/6/18

Stay away from these dishonest crooks. They're happy to make tons of money off advertising, but their customers are not important to them.

3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

mail.com will automatically block any account about few days later. they will block any account about few days later 100% guarantee. mail.com is a 100% scam company! But why does Google lists mail.com in the top search result? I believe Google is another scam. :: Dear mail.com member, our system has detected irregular activity related to your account. As a precautionary measure, we have blocked your account. To regain access, please contact our Customer Support.

By Clear E.

Questions? Get answers from the 1&1 Media Inc. staff and other customers.

4 Photos for 1&1 Media Inc.

1&1 Media Inc.?