Review of 1&1 Media Inc.

Chesterbrook, PA 19087
Tel: 3086359010

jamt5
12/13/17

wankers!!!!!! never use! They are scamming everyone. do not use! terrible
Never ever go near this mail service

dianec116
12/12/17

I tried to sign on to my account and got a message with something about strange activity to my account and contact them. I contacted them and they sent a form letter response about trying all of these other ways & to respond to that email of nothing worked. Totally ridiculous since nothing applied. Anyway I did and no actual response within a reasonable time. DO NOT USE!

johno177
11/3/17

My account had been blocked by mail.com since March 2017. I contacted their customers service to help solved my issue by unlocked my email account, they asking me for money. One of their technician with strong Indian/Pakistani accent asked me to buy iTunes card for $100. Dubious and scammed crookeds.

charlieg29
11/2/17

Until recently, not bad for a free email option, but now Sophos is rejecting emails originating from mail.com. Too bad if you are trying to send email to a server protected by Sophos.

harveyh28
11/1/17

After being with this email provider for about ten years I am finally shutting down my account! It was a decent service before Taboola got hold of it. Now it is full of unwanted rubbish advertising and constant spam that is directed into your account in the hope of conning you into buying some useless product or bogus service. Utter rubbish company - Do what I did close the service and move to an ethical email provider.

rajaa11
10/4/17

i would give them a one star if i could don't use mail.com they're the worst email website out there they blocked my account for no reason at all

terryk12
9/21/17

I think I accidentally deleted my account. I accept I will lose all my emails, but would like the account to be reinstated. I have send three contact forms in three days, and not even a response. The promo web page has three paragraphs. The Headings:

1. Were always here for you!
2. Customer Support is our main priority
3. Customer satisfaction comes first at mail.com

Clearly the advertising department has no concept of what is actually happening!

ryano34
9/15/17

Mail.com is fine I like there security but I just started mail.com but it seems good.
I do like it so far but the best thing about it is you don't need a phone number like aol but aol is pretty good.

chanderm
9/5/17

I am an amazon seller and own some of the brands. I signed up for mail.com paid service in the hope this will be great. Their security team blocked my account due to suspicious activity at 9 AM approximately on Sept 5th 2017. I logged two cases and called twice and was told that the case has been escalated to Level 2 Tech support, which by the way is never available on phone. As of 9 PM the account is still blocked with no access to my emails. I have no idea how much is this mistake of using them is going to cost my business probably atleast 50 unhappy customers and atleast revenue worth 5- 7k.

Have you ever heard of paid email service that doesn't have any tech that you can talk to. I can call my cellphone company and complain about something and get facetime with a support tech. Please never use their email !!

Tip for consumers: Never use mail.com/email.com

davidp375
8/27/17

Don't bother. Use gmail. Everything is awful. The search function is very limited. I was switched automatically years ago and barely bother to check it. I keep it now just in case.

nataliae14
7/24/17

I am using it for 5 years - not happy at all! Oftem I have differend problems with scam,sending images or files.Messages can't be delivered.

robynj10
7/17/17

I have asked near on 4 years to rewrite their spam program to one that yo can permanently delete them they simply ignore them. They like trying to be a one world order. It they were any kind of great IT programmers they would take that bull$#*! off the settings page and put outside of the subject line when an email that comes in with a permanent delete so no further emails from these lousy bothersome spammers are stopped in their track, but they have refuse to do anything about this while taking your money for "so called wonderful service" I would not recommend this company to anyone until they get off their lousy asses and have their IT guys rewrite the spam part of this email server.

jamesm675
7/11/17

I opened 'premium' account and after few days my account was blocked with no reason.
Customer support not the answer more two weeks.
No money, no email.
Stay away!!!

pass18
7/2/17

Emails aren't delivered/received until hours after sending. Hours. Not seconds, not minutes. Hours. These are plain text email, no extra code, images or attachments. Once received they're dated/time-stamped as if they were sent instantly. Ridiculous. One can assume this to be intentionally coded so as to encourage premium subscription. You cannot rely on Mail.com to send and receive text emails.

aleksanderb14
6/30/17

I opened 'premium' account and placed newspaper recruitment advert with the newly opened email address as a contact point. And the account has been blocked because of 'detected irregular activity'. So any potential job applicant is getting message that 'delivery to this address failed'. Called 'premium support' (good joke) and the only what they are to say is that 'they forward my request to 2nd level'. It has been like this for a week.
So I paid over $2000 for the advert with dead email shown.
Big mistake...

bb165
6/13/17

Ohhh my goodnes... This is the worst email service provider. I pay for Premium support. Right now I am not able to log in because for some reason they are blocking my IP Address. I called the customer service which is outside the United States and the person on the line is not able to reset my IP block. There is no next level support and all he tells me is that I will receive an email when the issue is resolved. He could not give me a time frame neither. This is a nighmare if your work relies on this email service provider. DO NOT MAKE THIS MISTAKE !!!!

clintm31
6/7/17

After 3 years of decent service I started having issues with emails not reaching the recipient. Mail.com said the recipient didn't exist but I was receiving emails from them thru gmail. Mail.com asked that I send them the entire email that wasn't being delivered so they could review it. Unfortunately the email contained account numbers and SS numbers so I couldn't allow them to review it. Now it's time to cancel...after multiple phone calls to get them to email me a cancellation request, I have to jump thru hoops to prevent them from charging my credit card again...avoid, avoid, avoid

stefand15
5/31/17

I was sent an email account link by this company because I was a "valued customer" .. but i'dnever heard of them!

So their first action seems to be a lie .. so why think they will change?

radhat
5/30/17

This is the worst email provider.

I had created an email address for my friend who was thrilled to finally have an email id with her name as it is i.e. with no numerical extensions. She then proceeded to pass this id to her close friends.

Second time login was okay.

Third time onward she started seeing a message "unusual activity please change your password". Needless to say, like the previous reviewer, the account was blocked.

They then made her download an attachment for the Firefox browser. Now message has changed to "technical problems. Please apologize"!!!! The English too is so poor!!!

I would rate this site in negative if there was a negative rating. Never ever use this site. This is the most undependable site ever.

mesimc
5/15/17

ok, so a few weeks ago I decided to try mail.com (I was fed up with Gmail and their "information sharing" policy). Everything went normal for a first few weeks (I did not send or receive many e-mails, I only used the account to order some domains and hosting).

Now I'm unable to log in to my account - the screen says that they "blocked account as precautionary measure" due to "irregular activity" ... What irregular activity?

Needless to say - I'll never use their services again..

zachariahl3
3/31/17

I have been using Mail.com Free Email for a couple of years now, but lately, I have noticed that their website, which was always a haven for spam, has been getting more and more unreliable....
The entire time I have been here writing this review, their Logout Page has been trying to finish loading. This is endless loop that seems to own Mail.com now.
I am assuming this is a way to try and STRONG ARM you into purchasing their Premium paid service, and that they are purposely coding in bugs and glitches to their freemail accounts.
In any cases, STEER CLEAR, these people are ruthless. Now, let me see if the Logout Page has finished loading yet.
WOW big shock, it has not!!

patk40
3/19/17

First time I opened my account I was blocked, I wrote to them and they opened it. This can be frustrating but it's there way of avoiding spam. Still once you get pass their security issue, it's easy sailing. Also, I cannot complain, maybe it's because I have patience that I don't mind taking the extra step to bypass the ad to get to my email. All in all, they are pretty good, never had an issue. I am not bombarded with ads like I was with hotmail.com.

iknowb
2/2/17

If you've read the other reviews about Mail.com, I hope my experience will convince you to not only reject any offer to use their services, but to also let others know that this is not your average, every day, "bad" mail client service. I'll be submitting links after I'm done.
When I first signed up with Mail.com, I was trying to find a substitute for "Outlook," and I won't bother about the reasons, except to say there was an article detailing alot of the bad things about Outlook that I agreed with from experience. Bottom line -either you like it or you don't; if you don't, you go find something that works for you. But, keep in mind, that you'd best do your homework, especially if you're looking for a place to send and receive your public, private, personal and/or professional email.
Anyway, when I signed up for a free account, it was completely different from what it is today. I'm not sure who owned it at the time, but it looked a lot like a knock off from "Squirrel" or "Cube" with all the options listed to choose from - how to set up, how to choose a name, how to delete, save, forward, archive, etc.. There was a listing of all the mail names you could choose, and - most important - there was the ability to delete, move, archive, download your mail or folders, without having to ask permission - only to be denied. It was simple, direct, and to the point, and I didn't even mind the ads, as I had enough protection to not be worried about viruses/malware or having to click something twenty times before getting to my mailbox.
Then a few years ago, I get the email telling of changes. I wasn't worried, but I went over to check it out. It was at this point I realized they had been changing it all along - slowly, but surely. Links and directions began to disappear. I couldn't pull up the area to change my email address, phone number - whatever!

What scared me the most was that outside of the default account I had, I never connected my Outlook mail account to any of my other folders, yet, I go over there one day and all my folders are there! Including the ones holding sensitive information that I knew I could keep in Outlook, but would never place anywhere else, yet it was sitting in "MAIL.COM." I was pissed, because the intrusion I was convinced Outlook was guilty of, is what Mail.com had become - practically overnight.
I sent them an email, telling them that I wanted to archive my email for a download. I didn't tell them that I resented their new service, figuring it best to walk lightly at first, because any company that would dismantle all the tools and links benefiting the customer - with or without good reason - and then not providing the means to act on such a decision, should be approached carefully, if only to gather information.
The response I got back was simply one of an apology, and a statement that they don't provide that service any longer, but I was welcome to forward to my heart's content (No, they didn't write that, but it sure felt like that's what they were saying). Well, that's all I needed, and my email informed them I wanted to cancel my account and needed to get all my mail so I could delete it from the system - or at least give me the comfort of thinking could, anyway- and wanted to do it as soon as possible.

They wrote back a few days later with, - and I paraphrase - "We're working on our servers right now, and had to remove that feature. however, if you want to close out your account, please write and tell us. We'll do it for you, and make sure that all your emails will be deleted as well." I had to read this twice. I've been playing with computers since the 80's, and I'd never heard anything like this concerning email.
Did I mention that at this point, Outlook was looking pretty okay, and a part of me wanted to send them a hallmark card with a an apology for being so judgmental?

I shot off another letter threatening to report them, and of course, they didn't respond. Here's why: They don't have to do anything or comply with any policy, because THEY AREN'T AMERICAN.

In fact, what they did to me, and what you've read so far in the posts? Well that's nothing compared to what they're doing globally. Just type in "Mail.com" over at Wikipedia, to get a glimpse at who they really are (Please don't go into the whole, "You can't trust Wikipedia. Of course you can trust them. You can trust them far enough to know what direction to go for more validation or proof.).

If this post is allowed on this site, you should get the word out to everyone who is thinking about signing up with them, or is trying to get out from under them.

This company is the ultimate example of why the Internet cannot be run by or in
the control of countries other than the United States. Their tentacles reach far and wide, and right now there a few Internet reviewers looking into the story behind Mail.com (I'm actually a little proud that in one case, research is the result of my situation) I'm hoping they'll check to see if this coincides with Obama's agenda to take the power of the internet, and place it in the hands of a less capitalistic, consumer-driven entity. People are only now starting to realize that Obama's greates talent was distracting America with one hand, while doing his damage with the other.

Anyway, read the Wikipedia article, then do what I did. Go to the search engine and start typing keywords like - Mail.com - owner - consumer complaints - legitimate - bogus - deception. Trust me, keywords can/will take you far, and the sooner you learn how to pull up info on Search engines, the better informed you'll be in the long run. Hell, I knew better than to vote for Obama, but I still checked him out to confirm what I knew to be true.

So, here's the bottom line: If you value your privacy, get out of Mail.com. If you have bank, credit, mortgage - anything that requires your SS#, DL#, phone, home, spousal info - WHATEVER - if you do your work online and are using Mail.com, you are about to become like me - a cautionary tale.
Unless you're paying for Mail.com - a subscription that provides everything that was once free and probably additional perks - all you have send and received on that account is theirs, and here's the kicker:

They can and will shut you out of your account - without warning or reason. Let me say that again:

THEY CAN AND WILL SHUT YOU OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT - WITHOUT WARNING OR REASON. You'll find this in the article as well.

Look, I'm not naive. I know that collecting info is something everyone is doing. Fact is, if you've never been on the Internet, I promise that five minutes after you sign up, there won't be a social network or business who won't have some info about you. It's the nature of the beast, and a price we all are paying dearly for. All I'm saying is this: It's bad enough dealing with American companies stealing our info, but to have A GERMAN CORPORATION BLATANTLY DICTATE how we use our mailboxes is...well, you know what it is.
I've spent the last week trying to wipe my box out by filling it with bogus info, namely changing email addresses, replacing it with a domain email that had none of my info - mail or anything else connected to it, and then redirecting addresses I want to my new email address which I purchased through a domain hosting site. You can get a domain for as cheap as 99cents and another for 1.50, which is pretty good compared to hosting companies trying to sell the same thing for 14-25.00 and up yearly. I say get the cheap domain, you don't even have to set up the site, but for 99cents, you have a domain and address, and then next year you choose whether to pay the full price for a renewed domain (5-15.00), or you go fishing for another deal that will allow for transferring your domain.

Either way, get out of Mail.com as soon as you can, because they are legitimate in the sense they have the money and the wherewithal to do what they're doing, but they are most certainly doing it for wrong reasons, and let's be totally honest here:

If they're so arrogant as to remove the tools that prevent free subscribers from forwarding, archiving or even deleting folders, I'd hate to think what they're doing to the paid subscription people, all of whom, are frankly paying for them to do what they've been getting away with for the past five years or so.

And for god's sake, don't invest in the apps that claim to make Mail.com better. If they really wanted to improve, they'd give back the power to control the boxes. Period https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail.com

Tip for consumers: Unless you're devoted to supporting a corporation that thrives on taking power out of the consumer's hands, I'd say run past Mail.com. FaST

davida320
lol l.
1/26/17

Started using mail.com a year ago, and I am very satisfied with its service, have not encountered any problems like other people say, Overall I am really happy with it and would not change to another mailing company for now.

jimm1287
12/15/16

Years ago back when I first started to use the internet, I got an email address there for my business. I thought it would be better having an @email.com address than one locked to my ISP. Like using a PO Box instead of the street address in case I move the business.

Eventually, we started using mail.com's mail collector. Since I wasn't the only one using and responding to emails, and I was using multiple computers, it seemed like a very good idea to have email centralized. Someone else can take care of something and file it, for example.

Unfortunately, there are a few problems.

First, the search function for emails is ridiculously limited. You can only search headers: to, from, subject, etc. You cannot search email content at all.

Secondly, the mail collector app change the browser to make mail.com the default for all internet searches.

The display page for emails is the kind that has buttons that don't appear until you hover the mouse over them. Great, clean, once you know them, but not so good when you're learning their site.

Worse, I have been locked out of my emails three times this week and the week isn't over.

When I called yesterday, they told me that I should NOT send any emails to anyone who hasn't already contacted me by email. Really? That's not the way to run a business.

When it locked me out today, they said the would upgrade my problem, but to not use our email account for "AWHILE". And that I should expect 24 hours before they can get back to me.

Really? I'm supposed to ignore business emails for 24 hours.

3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

mail.com will automatically block any account about few days later. they will block any account about few days later 100% guarantee. mail.com is a 100% scam company! But why does Google lists mail.com in the top search result? I believe Google is another scam. :: Dear mail.com member, our system has detected irregular activity related to your account. As a precautionary measure, we have blocked your account. To regain access, please contact our Customer Support.

By Clear E.

Yes, I discovered 3(all) of my email accounts were getting blocked suddenly within one day when i log in several months ago.

By Tomus L.

Questions? Get answers from the 1&1 Media Inc. staff and other customers.

6 Photos for 1&1 Media Inc.

1&1 Media Inc.?