Review of 1&1 Media Inc.

Chesterbrook, PA 19087
Tel: 3086359010

steveh158
4/15/16

I'm willing to bet that most of the negative reviews on here for Mail.com are fake. Their email services are fantastic! I've never had one single issue with this company. I sync all of my emails, contacts, calendars, notes and reminders with them without any delays or missed communication. Their premium services and customer support has be nothing but A+. I would much rather pay to use their services (with an @mail.com email address using my actual name) than use Gmail or iCloud where it's next to impossible to find an available name, having to add numbers and whatever else that hasn't been used. You might have to take a few extra steps to sync everything correctly by using CalDav and CardDav settings, but it's ridiculously easy and quick to do.

pookiej
4/5/16

Been a customer for years, never ever thought about spam at all, then a week ago these idiots opened up the flood gates, 4 days I had 2000 spams in my inbox to read thru to make sure I didn't miss a legit email.

Took me days to move all my saved files over to another email provider and change all the web places I used with this crap email.
My guess is they wanted me to upgrade to a pay account.

I even tried the filters but jeez that requires opening each spam to get the sender info-

Stay away and avoid these bums

michaell186
3/21/16

Trying to cancel the subscription to their "premium" mail service requires you to jump through a ridiculous number of hoops. I used them for years, but as soon as I wanted to cancel it then all the trouble started. Stay far, far away from them.

smileyf1
3/18/16

Contrary to other reviewers, I love this email provider, but only because I use it exclusively for my junk mail. I use it as an extra email for online stores I don't visit often or newsletters. It also has nice extensions, instead of @hotmail or @gmail, you can pick something different. I picked @gardener and I use it for all the gardening sites newsletters I sign up for. They also don't ask for security, or verification, or phone number ect, just basic email.

I wouldn't think of paying to upgrade though, or using my personal info, business info or credit card info on this website. Just a great extra email for my unimportant stuff!

jahjahj
2/16/16

These guys will steal ALL YOUR PRIVATE INFORMATION !!!

They will use your newly created email adress and sell it to other companies that will then SPAM YOU EMAIL BOX With sales pitches for all sorts of ITEMS !!!

Your email adress is never safe , its beeing shared , and sold , along with your info so they can spesificly target things you like or are intested in for then to try and sell you things VIA SPAM EMAILS u receive.

You dont have to share or tell your email adress to anyone , u dont even have to send any mails to anyone , they will start feeing and spamming you sales pitch emails from PET COMPANIES and other sales companies.

These kind of sites should be ILLEGAL , and its a shame there is no security anymore in FREE EMAIL SERVICES , its all a scam to abuse your privacy and HARRASS YOU WITH SPAM SALES PITCH EMAILS.

SHAME SHAME SHAME , NEVER USE THIS EMAIL PROVIDER EVER FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kellyc88
12/1/15

One of my complaints about mail.com is the frequent obstruction of the login screen by certain adware which interferes with attempts to login. This obstructive adware is usually hotel ads. I have complained to mail.com repeatedly about this problem but it falls on deaf ears. They continue to allow the display if these obstructive ads.
I believe that mail.com is frequently used as a vehicle to get certain PC Cleaner software installed on your computer. This is usually shady stuff like a.tribalfusion.com which is believed to install spyware on your computer.

dons69
10/27/15

This outfit is used by scammers, who duplicate gmail.com addresses and then divert emails for criminal purposes.

markg124
10/23/15

Mail.com started off ok, but is definitely unreliable. A while ago it seems to have just murdered a whole block of my emails - one month's worth. Disappeared without trace.

Today, another important email came in, and then disappeared as quickly as it arrived, without my even having a chance to do more than open it. Not in trash, spam or anywhere else.
Mail.com provide no contact details for you to get help. I did manage to find an email for them but got no reply or acknowledgement from them. So with mail.com, you're on your own when bad news strikes. I'll be looking to change from this strange and limited provider asap.

donnac73
10/14/15

They will block you if you don't upgrade, which means that any social media that you use with these idiots will go down the drain. Ads, ads, ads. Stay away!

anthonyg47
9/4/15

There is no "revert to free version" or even a "cancel account" anywhere on the website so you'll have to actually e-mail them to cancel. Absolutely no other company does this! Not only that, but you can expect to have to submit a lot of documents (government ID, bank statements, etc.) and fill out forms in duplicate (not kidding) in order to get anything done, ESPECIALLY payment info changes and cancelation requests.

Don't even bother trying to remain in good standing with this abysmal company and just request your bank to chargeback any future charges under the name "1&1 MAIL MEDIA". Trust me; you won't miss them.

marcv5
8/5/15

DO NOT USE MAIL.COM. THEY'LL CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT IF YOU DON'T USE IT CONTINUOUSLY AND ERASE ALL YOUR EMAILS!!!!

viloh
7/27/15

Better use an another free mail provider, as this has some serious issues. The worst thing they will do to your mail is block it for no apparent reason. Which is very bad if you had your email for business. Secondly, you will get a ton of spam emails in your main inbox folder, but in spam folder there will be zero of them. Is spam filter even working ? Thirdly occasionally i can't receive any of emails that were sent to me.
Actually there are a huge amount of problems with mail.com and this problems will only affect you, so as other reviews, i will say stay away from them.

fredn16
7/23/15

Terrible, some mail arrived 24 hours later, some did not arrive at all based on my tests. Avoid!

cassieb10
6/22/15

Yesterday I tried to log in to my mail.com account for the first time in a couple months, and I received a message that my account was blocked. I filled out the contact us page and told them that my account was blocked and I don't know why. I got this as a response:

"Dear mail.com Member,
We have forwarded your request to unblock your account to our security department and it was determined that the account in question will remain blocked.
Please note that this is a decision made by our abuse department and we do not have further information we can provide to you.
With kind regards, Your mail.com Support Team"

So my account has essentially been closed with no warning and no explanation whatsoever and apparently there's not a thing I can do about it.

kevinm127
6/21/15

All these negative reviews. They couldn't have been for mail.com. I've had a free mail.com account for 13, count'em 13 years now.

It's plain. It's simple. It's functional and it works! Thus it gets 3 stars. The fourth star is because it gives you a choice of hundreds of cool domain names.

Is it a power email account full of bells and whistles and innovative features? No, most certainly not. But it does basic email quite nicely.

chrisf70
6/4/15

I was locked out of my account after one day. All I can say is I'm glad I haven't distributed this email address yet.

gl1286
4/1/15

As of 2015 they now use large full-screen video ADs (on the login page) and additional large-page ADs on the landing page with a tiny "goto mail.com" link you can barely find near the bottom. Just because some jerk got the mail.com domain name years ago (by the way it's EMAIL not 'mail' unless you're delivering physical packages), just because some jerk happened to get the mail.com domain name they think they own the internet now. Their even-more desperate CPU-intensive full-page video ADs campaign tells me that someone at mail.com is getting desperate since they've already reached the threshold long ago of angering thousands of internet users with changing the user interface for no reason, CPU-intensive 30 FPS Flash-AD content that brings good computers to a crawl, dozens of unwanted weekly "mail.com premium" inbox AD messages etc. Full-screen high-resolution CPU-intensive video ADs on the login page while you're trying to type! There's a greed-monster somewhere behind mail.com. It's an unprofessional presentation and an unprofessional internet outfit. I check my mail.com email maybe once/month at the most. Offending EVERY USER is not the way to run an online service.

jamesr111
1/28/15

This email service has to be the worst email service on the face of the earth. I got an account with them to handle a Craigslist ad for my private investigation firm. Well, I entered the wrong password into this brand new account and--boom!--I was locked out of it. Emails for help were completely ignored--you'd get an online form to fill out, but nothing ever happened afterwards. I event sent an email to their press room--still no response. Finally their customer service replied saying that they considered the matter "resolved". It was "resolved" only if you accept losing any emails that might have been sent to that account! Any decent email service would allow you to answer a security question to recover your password, or would send password reset instructions to the "contact" email you provided. But not mail.com. Apparently their techs, if they have any at all, like to sit back and laugh at locking people out of their email accounts. My advice to anyone contemplating using this service is--don't! The people who run this "chicken-wire canoe" operation literally do not care helping anyone!

dougg12
1/22/15

RUBBISH!!! DO NOT USE!!! I had an account with them for years, then suddenly got sent a message: ' your account will be non existent in 1 months time'. They then tried to get money out of me to forward any emails. SCAM! I notified as many people as I could, but am locked out of multiple accounts of other websites where I used this address. I have no idea of the amount of lost emails that I have never received from old friends etc. So bad! Customer service is zero.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE! EVER!!!

mikes258
12/9/14

I have not signed up but how did this crap get on and how do I get the M search bar and logo off of my computer.

melb28
12/2/14

It doesn't get any worse than this scammer. Stay Away please,. Once they get your credit card you will have to contact the police to get them to stop charging your account. Its been more than 6 months that I've been trying to close the account and remove my credit card. They will not allow you to close the account or remove the credit card, you will literally need to contact the local police department, the Internet Fraud Department and the Better Business Bureau. Final resort was contacting the FBI.

jimj49
11/28/14

Scam. DO NOT USE THEM. Obvious front for corporate control they go by other names too, all sites with an identical look. These utter POS a-holes should be found and hung.

sinisaj
10/4/14

Complete rubbish of the company. My account got blocked after only one day of usage for no reason. When I open their app on my iPhone, I start getting tens of pop ups about account error!"·$%&/()=? I tried to unblock it and it is mission impossible. I have important emails I can't access! Stay away from it!!!!!!

joana39
Joan A.
8/10/14

While most sane folk will agree with what I have said in my last review...SOME will say NAY. Why is that? THEY are FAKES, not the majority who come here and SLAM Mail.com for what it is. FAKE service by SCAMMERS.I hope the FBI, CIA, RCMP gets your ass offline. SOON. POS company.
PS: Why is there a minimum of one star here? Where is the ZERO?

saraw21
7/9/14

MAIL.COM IS REALLY A SCAM company! I cannot access my account anymore even using the link for resetting it, it gave me "server error" all the time! So I contact them and the only thing they answered is: Our apologies but we are not able to reset passwords manually". without understanding tha t the problem was on their server and not in the process of resetting! Really scam do not go for it!

3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

mail.com will automatically block any account about few days later. they will block any account about few days later 100% guarantee. mail.com is a 100% scam company! But why does Google lists mail.com in the top search result? I believe Google is another scam. :: Dear mail.com member, our system has detected irregular activity related to your account. As a precautionary measure, we have blocked your account. To regain access, please contact our Customer Support.

By Clear E.

Questions? Get answers from the 1&1 Media Inc. staff and other customers.

4 Photos for 1&1 Media Inc.

1&1 Media Inc.?