Review of 1&1 Media Inc.

Chesterbrook, PA 19087
Tel: 3086359010

michelm13
4/2/14

I signed up to this site due to the fact that they have unlimited storage for emails. I needed it to archive all my emails there and organize it. I have like 40GB of emails. I even paid for the premium service, but got too much disappointments and finally decided to leave the service and moved to Microsoft exchange online for these reasons:
1. IMAP is very slow, I had a very high speed connection up to 100 MB. while transferring the emails using outlook IMAP it takes too long and it hangs along the way. while when I used exchange, it was quick and easy synchronization. each time it hangs in the middle, half of the emails were still on my local outlook file and half transferred which ended in messing up where I didn't know which ones to transfer again
2. limited folders: it turned out that they have a limited number of folders to be created, I forgot but it was around 200. I had created folders to organize my emails, I couldn't do that anymore
3. limited hierarchy of folders, you can create only two level subfolders, also hindered the ability to organize emails in folders.

ferim1
2/17/14

Great email service
Fast setup and line speeds
very good

cherylc19
2/2/14

Horrible. Their "premium" mail service is a joke and despite the claim that you will "never" have popup ads if you sign up for premium, the ads continue to be intrusive and annoying. Also, the benefits and quality of the premium mail service is questionable at best. The company will claim you owe them money to renew the service, but refuse to tell you how much you owe them. Even if you try to update the credit card information, error messages come up saying the service to update payment information is unavailable at this time. That was 4 months ago. I am sorry I wasted my time on this company.

sapphirec1
10/31/13

I would give it zero stars if possible. In addition to running excessive adware, which slows usage to a snail's pace, they run spyware to target your account for advertising based on the searches you perform on the internet. Trying to bounce back the copious spam which their server allows results in your account being blocked. At its inception, this was a good service. Over the years and ownership changes, it has become the worst on the internet. AVOID.

jeanieh2
10/1/13

They are horrible. I paid for premium package last year for business. My outgoing emails kept being rejected. After numerous complaints they inform me their servers were blacklisted and they were working to fix the issues. This cost me business. I asked them to cancel and give me a prorated credit, they said no. The CC I used expired prior to renewal so I wasn't concerned, they couldn't charge my account again. Now they are claiming I owe them another year premium because I didn't cancel prior to renewal, and if I don't pay they are turning it over to a collections agency and will report it to my credit bureau. They also said that they can't cancel an account that is past due. Stay away from them...

davidl86
7/1/13

They have blocked me because they say that I am a spammer. All that I do is bounce back all the spam that they let thru to me!! ( I use Incredimail to get my mail off their server POP) I am a premium user that pays for this lousy service. They have right on there website that they will answer my concerns in 24-48 hours but it has been weeks and MANY emails to them thru their "contact us" page. POOR customer serviced.... sell your product then block us and don't answer our concerns!!! Can you spell "RIP-OFF"!! I have been with them for about 10 years and now with different owners, they think that they can treat the paying customers like $#*!!!

holliem
3/21/11

I have been a loyal mail.com user for approximately TEN years. I have so much information and important correspondence saved in this account and then suddenly I am unable to login. During that time I am trying to contact customer service with no response and I realize the account is no longer receiving incoming mail and everything is bouncing back! It takes them 6 days to respond to be and this is what they say

Dear user,

Unfortunately, we cannot assist you with your inquiry as we do not own
or manage that domain nor do we know where you can go for assistance as
we are simply discontinuing support of a domain we don't manage.

Regards, Julio M

Can this be for real? They just dump one of their novelty (choose from hundreds) domains one day and the whole thing just disappears with no access or forwarding information!?!? What am I supposed to do to retrieve my information!?

robertot
10/1/10

It has so great domain, but I don't like so much it's old style homepage and it's so slow user interface...

bb1
9/17/09

A few weeks ago the people that run Mail.com said they were getting new servers and everything should start working more smoothly. I have not been able to access my account in 3 days, it keeps telling me either wrong name and/ or password, or a problem connecting to servers, how does one go about cancelling their account?

johnd4
7/23/09

Mail.com is great for its domain names but have a very limited and old-style interface. With more than 10.000.000 users, maybe that should consider to rewrite theire software with a more new and more web 2.0 style....

frankb2
7/15/09

This website used to be good. Now emails sent from mail.com to hotmail.com and msn.com are rejected because mail.com is not a trustworthy website. When I asked mail.com customer service about this I was not given the courtesy of a reply. Tonight for example, mail.com will not load so I can check my email. Bad.

3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

mail.com will automatically block any account about few days later. they will block any account about few days later 100% guarantee. mail.com is a 100% scam company! But why does Google lists mail.com in the top search result? I believe Google is another scam. :: Dear mail.com member, our system has detected irregular activity related to your account. As a precautionary measure, we have blocked your account. To regain access, please contact our Customer Support.

By Clear E.

Questions? Get answers from the 1&1 Media Inc. staff and other customers.

4 Photos for 1&1 Media Inc.

1&1 Media Inc.?