Review of 1&1 Media Inc.

Chesterbrook, PA 19087
Tel: 3086359010

pauls733
4/30/18

They blocked my accout without any warning. I lost important informations. People stay away. Mail.com is same garbage like Communist News Network (CNN).

sarat95
4/24/18

Wow. Signed up about a month ago. Switched all of my banking and other important items that require email to this new email address - only to find out that they just randomly, without explanation blocked it!!! Stay away - seems like I'm just another one in a looooong line of people this is happening to. Could it be bc I didn't want to give them an alternate email they could sell? Or that after a month I refused to sign up for their premium service? Shame on you, mail.com! People sign up in good faith. Shame on you.

juniorg13
4/13/18

Even trying out this service will cause your referenced email acount to be a target for spam. They sell your email. So do not give them a important email when you sign up. Stay away, a free account is not worth the trouble.

dr1734
4/12/18

Over the last year about 10% of the messages I sent were never received, and there was no error message warning me. I double checked by sending to some of my own alternate accounts and confirmed it.

johnb1092
4/6/18

Stay away from these dishonest crooks. They're happy to make tons of money off advertising, but their customers are not important to them.

miquelp1
3/31/18

I opened recently several e-mail accounts in mail.com since I like the idea of customizing the mail. I create accounts with "europe.com". The thing is that few days later I got a message saying that my account was blocked. I contacted them filling a creepy questionaire and answering correctly all the questions they made. This is the answer I got
Dear mail.com Member,

We have forwarded your request to unblock your account to our security department and it was determined that the account in question will remain blocked.

Please note that this is a decision made by our abuse department and we do not have further information we can provide to you.

With kind regards,
Your mail.com Support Team" So don´t use in any circumstance Mail.com...you will never be totally sure that if tomorrow your email account is going to be still working.

antoineb28
3/29/18

Do not use this email for any purpose where the emails may be important. I set up to separate accounts and each was blocked after about a week of usage. I sent a request to unblock and the response was that they refused to unblock the accounts. I lost some very important emails that I cannot retrieve!! The absolute worst email service out there. Terrible .... Terrible...Terrible

timothyb96
3/21/18

I don't like mail.com. I created an account yesterday, and only sent one email. I tried logging back in today, and it said they closed my account due to "irregular activity". Imagine if you had some important information coming through that you were counting on. This should be the motto for mail.com. At mail.com, you can send emails out, but don't expect to be able to read the response.

shawnac14
3/21/18

I really thought I found my perfect email provider. But I never had so much trouble with any of the email providers. Each time I sent an email, it returned as the following,

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Venue and date for the next judging course
Sent: 21/03/2018 7:48 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'Russell Field' on 21/03/2018 7:48 PM

'Russell Field' on 21/03/2018 7:48 PM

And you can't send more than 5 recipients. Look at the message from mail.com

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: FW: My new email address

'Kenneth Caldwell' on 21/03/2018 7:19 PM

'Alan Hitchell JP' on 21/03/2018 7:19 PM

'Sara Corlis' on 21/03/2018 7:19 PM
503 Bad sequence of commands

Don't use them until their problems are fixed. They provide a paid premium email, but after several tries on their free email, looks like it has many issues with their hosting provider.

soniab43
3/10/18

Ive been both a free and (very briefly) a premium member of mail.com for over 10 yrs. The service was good until the recent update. Now, all my Inbox messages are spam, and my nonspam messages are in my Junk folder. I have tried to use the filter, but the same junk messages (e.g., from Love Swans - wtf?) that I marked as spam ade still showing up in my Inbox. Mail.com is now horrible and I refuse to pay for the premium service when the tools to keep out spam dont work for the Basic service.

I will be migrating all my business to another email provider.

eyobt
3/6/18

I forgot my password and it asked me to fill out an email form and wait for somebody to respond. It has been hours and still not resolved. Also when I tried to set up email forwarding, can't save the set up. Horrible.

endiep
3/2/18

I would be willing to bet money that each of the few GOOD reviews for them were posted by employees or someone benefitting from their crookedness. Within hours of signing up I was already unable to access my account. Thankfully it was only a few from surveys I had taken.

jamesg334
3/1/18

This is the worst email service provider I ever came across. They just block email accounts with one stupid reason "Our System has detected Irregular Activities..." my 3 account to get blocked to date when all I use it for registering for some stream services. They don't want to unblocked it so I don't have any choice and emails from subscriptions I made are now lost. STAY AWAY FROM THIS CROOKED COMPANY!

marting90
3/1/18

I am a user or mail.com and have noticed that mail.com is against Trump and against Christians. Mail.com uses fake news and propaganda on its news pages all the time. I am switching to another free email account. We don't need another bias fake news source in our USA....mail.com is another source spreading negative outlooks on things that they seem to be against. Probably ran and owned by people who do not do any honest research or don't want to....the people who run the mail.com news are immature idiots. Please spread the word.

michaelc588
2/23/18

Initially Mail.com did a fine job of isolating spam mails because there were few incoming to deal with. However, in the last few months I have gotten a ton of spams because of the failure of an organization to shield its e-mails sent to members. I suspect there is a limit to how many spam domains and addresses Mail.com can retain in memory. I am getting many more in my inbox and suspect that the system has reached the limit of its capacity to filter incoming emails through 1000s of previous spam sources. I will need to open a new email account to get out of this bad situation.

edm576
2/14/18

Mail.com should be avoided by everyone. While I was asleep, Mail.com informed me my account was blocked due to "irregular activity related to your account". I filled out their online form to regain access and they replied saying that my account would be closed permanently.

I used this account for my all my email, saving a number of critical emails in my online folders and have lost access to everything. The company says they are unable to offer any explanation what so ever as to what occurred. Because of their silence, I have no idea what occurred, nor do I know if there was a wider security breach to which I need to take precautionary measures.

Their response to this has been horrible and unacceptable. As an email service this represents 100% unreliability and I recommend that mail.com be avoided by everyone.

AVOID MAIL.COM. I erred in not reading enough reviews when I signed up there. Big mistake.

arianek1
1/2/18

I've had both free and premium accounts with mail.com, until I noticed that a lot of emails I was *supposed* to receive would never arrive. I had used it as my primary personal email for a little over a year with a premium account not very many issues the first year, but going into year two of premium, I had a lot of issues. From not being able to cancel the subscription due to lack of funds, to my emails never arriving or taking days to arrive, it was just a total mess. So I finally was able to cancel that account and tried a new account to see if that would get emails... I think you can guess what happened. (Same thing happened, if you were unable to guess). That was a few years ago, but I still wouldn't recommend them as it sounds like they've just gotten worse in the approximately 2 years it's been since I last had an account with them. Look up their reviews in Google play or here if you don't believe me. They now disguise ads as emails to get people to click/tap on them.

Tip for consumers: Get rid of it before you get locked out or lose all your important emails before they arrive. Seriously, just get a new email. No matter the work right now, it'll be worth it when you don't have to deal with customer support anymore.

bellas32
12/22/17

I signed up and switched all my business emails to this, and they suddenly blocked my account saying there was unusual activity on it (absolute rubbish), when I emailed support I was just told it would remain blocked but they can't give me a reason! Thank goodness I only had it a couple of days, but I still can't access emails I will have received in that time. Wish I'd seen these reviews before I signed up, do NOT use them what a huge waste of my time, fuming! Stay away!

jamt5
12/13/17

wankers!!!!!! never use! They are scamming everyone. do not use! terrible
Never ever go near this mail service

dianec116
12/12/17

I tried to sign on to my account and got a message with something about strange activity to my account and contact them. I contacted them and they sent a form letter response about trying all of these other ways & to respond to that email of nothing worked. Totally ridiculous since nothing applied. Anyway I did and no actual response within a reasonable time. DO NOT USE!

johno177
11/3/17

My account had been blocked by mail.com since March 2017. I contacted their customers service to help solved my issue by unlocked my email account, they asking me for money. One of their technician with strong Indian/Pakistani accent asked me to buy iTunes card for $100. Dubious and scammed crookeds.

charlieg29
11/2/17

Until recently, not bad for a free email option, but now Sophos is rejecting emails originating from mail.com. Too bad if you are trying to send email to a server protected by Sophos.

harveyh28
11/1/17

After being with this email provider for about ten years I am finally shutting down my account! It was a decent service before Taboola got hold of it. Now it is full of unwanted rubbish advertising and constant spam that is directed into your account in the hope of conning you into buying some useless product or bogus service. Utter rubbish company - Do what I did close the service and move to an ethical email provider.

rajaa11
10/4/17

i would give them a one star if i could don't use mail.com they're the worst email website out there they blocked my account for no reason at all

terryk12
9/21/17

I think I accidentally deleted my account. I accept I will lose all my emails, but would like the account to be reinstated. I have send three contact forms in three days, and not even a response. The promo web page has three paragraphs. The Headings:

1. Were always here for you!
2. Customer Support is our main priority
3. Customer satisfaction comes first at mail.com

Clearly the advertising department has no concept of what is actually happening!

3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

mail.com will automatically block any account about few days later. they will block any account about few days later 100% guarantee. mail.com is a 100% scam company! But why does Google lists mail.com in the top search result? I believe Google is another scam. :: Dear mail.com member, our system has detected irregular activity related to your account. As a precautionary measure, we have blocked your account. To regain access, please contact our Customer Support.

By Clear E.

Questions? Get answers from the 1&1 Media Inc. staff and other customers.

4 Photos for 1&1 Media Inc.

1&1 Media Inc.?