Review of Yahoo Mail

Yahoo Mail reviews

Sunnyvale, California 94089, United States

brianf280
6/22/19

Here are just a few of the issues with the "New" Yahoo mail:

* Inbox Layout cannot be reduced in size any further.
* Preview Panel does not expand enough (see above) which causes messages to be cut off from side to side. *should not have to scroll from side to side to read a message.
* The Folder List is cut off so full folder names are not readable. Expand and Collapse similar to Gmail would be advisable.
*Spam folder STILL does not give a count of messages in the folder so unless you click on it you have no idea if there are messages in there or not.
* Trash folder, also, does not have a message count.

nathans202
6/21/19

Yahoo is the king among kings of the internet adage, "If it ain't broke, fix it anyway". I'm envisioning a long conference table with suits on one side and IT nerds on the other all trying to justify their existence: "Ok, let's get rid of function and simplicity and replace it with pretty pictures". "YES!! We're all a bunch of geniuses. Now let's vote ourselves big raises".

tonyv72
6/19/19

YAHOO IS NOT LISTENING. TRY GMX MAIL.
PARDON MY ALL-CAPS, I'M STICKING THIS TO YAHOO'S FACE.

AFTER REPEATEDLY TELLING YAHOO TO STOP SWITCHING MY OLD YAHOO MAIL INTERFACE, TODAY I FIND THAT THEY HAD REMOVED THE OPTION TO SWITCH TO THE OLD YAHOO. ALRIGHT THEN, I AM NOW USING ANOTHER EMAIL SERVICE. IT'S KNOWN AS GMX https://www.gmx.com/ I'M USING ITS BASIC FEATURES WHICH IS WAY BETTER THAN YAHOO'S AND SO FAR I LIKE IT-- NO YAHOO KRAPP AT GMX. I'M STICKING WITH GMX AS MY MAIN EMAIL SERVICE. EVERYONE HERE IS WELCOME TO TRY GMX, IF YOU LIKE IT SPREAD THE WORD.

donaldm308
6/18/19

Absoulete crapp !!!!!!!!!!!!!! no use to man or beast, how is this 'new' mailbox 'better' ??? get back to the drawing board or get back to the older and better yahoo mail

stephanyc7
6/17/19

I been having Yahoo for a long time,But the problem is, Twice ive been through difficulty with yahoo account,My Pass word that i know and wrote down for my records,Seems to not take to Yahoo anymore!..Somethings really wrong with Yahoo!, I will no longer be dealing with Yahoo anymore! They Suck!!!...wasting my time..They are Sneaky!!

petert279
6/14/19

We have had a Yahoo mail account since it was first offered & have stayed through all the problems, hacks, down time, & periods of yahoo being un-contactable. It has been a paid account for many years. The new mail interface which has been forced upon Yahoo customers is the final insult. It is childish in appearance & barely customizable so that the user is forced to grit their teeth to use it without being able to get it to look & function as they'd wish. What they are thinking is a mystery, & it appears there are no persons of intuitive understanding at the helm directing the changes. It will be difficult for long term customers to change to another service but there is little choice left & It seems hundreds of thousands of users will do the same. Looking at this objectively one suspects the new owners are manipulating the service to achieve failure & then shut it down as a commercial loss.

kc266
6/14/19

Here, below, is what I wrote to them today. There is no end to their greed-- forcing us to switch to the new mail so they can sell out & sell our personal information to advertisers. They locked me into Basic for years with no way out, then finally released me from that prison, threatened us to use the new mail, so I eventually switched; then they bounced me back to Classic. Today, while using the email , it snatched me out of Classic again and dumped me into Basic. The worst part is that the New one's backgrounds are as depressing as Basic's. From crap to crappier . So I wrote, "STOP SWITCHING ME TO BASIC MAIL AGAINST MY WILL. IT IS A NIGHTMARE AND I HAVE NEVER CHOSEN IT. SWITCH ME BACK TO CLASSIC BECAUSE YOU ALL SNATCHED ME BACK FROM YOUR NEW MAIL TOO. JUST LEAVE ME IN PEACE AFTER 20+ YEARS !!!!!!~!!~!"

carlh59
6/1/19

Looks like it was designed by a 6 year old! Font size has to be adjusted for every email. Contacts are hard to find. Full of ads.

pp148
5/31/19

honestly, yYahoois the worst!! how the hell do you charge people to gain access to their own EMAILLLLL ITS RIDICULOUS!!!!! I'm beyond pissed!! I am now locked out of an important email that i cant gain access to because i refuse to have to pay for something that their customer service should help with!! this is why people left and use Gmail!! Google doesn't have this issue!!!

i wish i could give it negatve stars

kelleyw27
5/26/19

Recently, when I tried to log into my yahoo email account, I found it had been deleted without warning or explanation. I don't know if my account was hacked or exactly what happened because yahoo will not communicate with me. I tried every day for two weeks to get them to respond to my requests for information. The only responses I received were two automated message that suggested I could try to create a new account but that my old email address may not be available. I turned to social media and the suggestion from that attempt was for me to pay for yahoo pro support. I used my account strictly for personal communication and had it for several years. This was a frustrating experience. I only wish there was a regulatory agency that could help.

dhruvia
5/26/19

My account was 8 years old and had my personal and very important emails with my poems and many other important things. They deleted all of my emails from everywhere: Inbox, Sent items, Trash, without any notification or reason justified. Now when i am trying to contact their support center to help me with the issue and try and return my mails, nobody is responding.

If this is the way such a big email account group work, i would never suggest anyone to use Yahoo Mail account for their personal / professional work.

Also, in my effort to get my mails back, i read around 100s of reviews, where people complained that their email also had got lost from their yahoo account without any notification.

If anyone from Yahoo team is reading this, please try to mitigate this issue

leonardz8
5/24/19

We have been using Yahoo for 10+ years and saw its service deteriorate to lowest possible point. Technologically Yahoo now lags behind competition in multiple aspects, including basic screen design quality, speed of response, ability to sort emails. However, their biggest downfall has been in support services for both, individuals and small businesses, which may explain why customers are leaving and why online feedback is so negative. Company is agonizing, applying extra charges to customers for services often not rendered, mishandling accounts, trying to maximize revenues one last time. Those of us who lately tried to reach their customer service know that even 3-4 hour wait will not get you connected to support specialist - likely because services simply don't have anyone to respond, having email response only. As we know this is usually a beginning of the end. To not face surprise interruption of services, users may want consider looking at other providers as soon as possible and instead of fixing email or web hosting issues, or fighting incorrect charges posted by Yahoo, focus on running their business. Adequate web hosting and email services are offered by 100-s of decent providers - it is commodity product and only customer service differentiates companies. Company failing its customers, like Yahoo, can literally put small business out of business. I am moving to one of smaller providers, whose support team picks up within 30 sec of the calls (we actually timed it multiple times). Their cost is comparable to Yahoo's, but we would gladly pay double just for the piece of mind such fast 24/7 service level provides.

andrewa191
5/24/19

The rating system on Sitejabber is perfect as one star means "Doesn't get any worse than this, stay away!" that's exactly how I feel about Yahoo in general. It pushes liberal ads everywhere you go including in Yahoo Mail. the system is archaic and every time I log in it puts me through the same BS: enter email address, enter password, enter email address, enter password. I have to do that cyclical nightmare about twenty times before I can access my account (to be clear, I know what my password is and that's not the issue). FU YAHOO. PLEASE JUST GO OUT OF BUSINESS ALREADY.

delorianf
5/22/19

Who charges people just to reset their password? And who the hell is really going to be needing all tat "assistance" with their email?

nityas4
5/14/19

Yahoo mail has changed a lot by time with so many positive changes.
And I being the user of Yahoo is a long journey to share here and I felt that many things are quite good from email settings to email reading.
But one thing that I don't like is the advertisements placement on top of our email inbox. Many times while opening the top most email, the advertisement gets clicked and sometimes it annoying, as it distracts while reading an email.
FYI theirs a lot of space in yahoo site where the ads can be put or visible to users. And it also questions the safety and security of a user who's part of yahoo mail.

afsdsgafdga
5/3/19

I waited 20 minutes for someone to tell me i have to pay 4.99 to recover my account... And even then it may be wiped completely clean... WOW GOOD FKN JOB YAHOO

seana89
4/20/19

If you never sent emails outgoing, you're $#*!ed! Because that's one of the only ways they can verify your account. The email was specifically used for incoming emails only. I forgot my password, they need an email address to an outgoing email, plus the title of an email outgoing sent. Well dumbasses, I don't have that. They don't verify by security questions, WTF

hercm
4/10/19

Incredibly poor cust tech support!
Our business depends on Yahoo mail and Web hosting.
The past 3 days our email has been down on employee outlook and iPhone / iPads. We have waited on hold for literally hours without an answer! Cant imagine how Yahoo stays in business. We are makiing arrangements with GoDaddy to switch over. Very disappointed!!!

janec379
4/10/19

Had a yahoo account forever now I can't get in because it will send be a pass key or text my phone. I am on a computer at work without a phone and don't have access. It is time to get rid of account and go gmail.

heathero60
3/31/19

while trying to recover my old yahoo account, i do not have access to my old phone. when i select that option it says Looks like we can't recover your account online. Please visit our help site to get back in. well no solution is avalible then to speak to someone they make you pay a fee. This is bullcrap. my old turbo tax in linked to it an now i cant access my turbo tax becuase i cant recover my password. such a scam. yahoo you dissapoint the customer.

ryank190
3/30/19

your news is bull$#*!, you spew anti trump bull$#*! and your mail service is obviously bias. I don't like the fact that I'm force to revive your liberal biased opinions.

sk228
3/27/19

I remember setting my account to allow me to use a password if I don't have my old phone number due to past problems. For whatever reason it will not allow me to put in my password and am unable to switch my email to my new phone. I have no access to it what so ever and Yahoo has no way around it for what ever reason. DO NOT USE THIS SITE!

laurar264
3/26/19

jdjt
3/18/19

I give 0 over all they suck, I change my phone number on my account when i try to log in and try to send my password to my phone shows my new number ones I push send it gets change to my old number, now i call to try to solve the problem and they can not do any ting about it, that means i last all my emails and information.

warrenw47
3/11/19

When it lists the number of new messages in each folder, it doesn't list spam anymore. I just checked it & there are legitimate messages from days ago. Yahoo needs to fix this!

32 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yahoo MailSorting my email-it was so simple when they had the icons directly next to the sender. You could quickly put mail in a folder or delete it. Now you have to go to above section drop down the folder you want and THEN HIT APPLY. Yes deleting is not as bad - it is up on the top also but AGAIN there was that little garbage can that you could just chuck ALL of the unwanted emails. THIS CHANGE IS A PAIN !

By Laura R.

Questions? Get answers from the Yahoo Mail staff and other customers.

Yahoo Mail?