Review of JEGS

Tel: 1-800-345-4545
webmaster@jegs.com

damienr15
7/16/19

his is one of the worst companies ive ever come in contact with.... it has taken me leaving work early twice and 4 different phone calls to the company and also 8 emails to get a bumper returned after it showed up opened and scratched up (deep scratches). Ive left it outside to be picked up to be returned for 3 days now and it has yet to be picked up. WORST experience with a company thus far... no compensation or anything all i got was an apology.. ive lost money from having to leave work just to get it returned... im lucky it hasnt been stolen sitting outside waiting to be returned for 3 days now... having to bring it in and out of my garage everyday so it DOESNT get stolen.... would not reccomend this company to anyone...

roberts1917
7/1/19

I have ordered much from Jegs over the years and have been mostly happy with them. But lately they have really slipped in service. They show just about everything made in the car world but have a really hard actually having that part to ship. I have been getting an email saying the part is back ordered with no ETA on several of my recent orders. So I call or chat with someone with no ship date so I just cancel the order. I'm tired of dealing with them.

larryc385
6/30/19

JEGS provided crappy communication, uneducated details, incredibly slow delivery and then repeatedly disallowed my negative feedback. They run your credit card extremely fast though. No problem taking your money and then leaving you hanging. Purchase elsewhere or remember you were warned.

Tip for consumers: Buy from anywhere else. Might cost a little more, but lower price doesn't do much good if you can't get your parts until 6+ weeks after you pay them.

gils43
6/21/19

After having already re-written it once, here's the response I received to the 2nd submission of my critique of exhaust wrap:

"Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!
Submit something new
Thanks again,"
JEGS

Here's what I wrote. Please tell me if I'm being unfair....

What a Pain!

I purchased this wrap last Fall and just now had a free weekend to pull off the header and wrap it. I watched the DEI instructional video on U-Tube, pausing it at each step so I understood how the wrap was correctly applied. The wrap unraveled faster than I could wrap it around each pipe. And, even though I meticulously followed the video instructions for measuring, I always came up short and had to start over several times. Don't believe the "...1/4" overlap..." on the video, you will need at least a 1/2" or you will end up with 'bare' spots where the wrap doesn't cover. As for the stainless steel ties, good luck getting them tight enough to hold the wrap. Also, 35' is not enough wrap to cover all four pipes of my 2.3L Ford engine header on my project. I got only three wrapped, so now will have to buy more to complete the job. Which, right now, looks like {Expletive}. So, maybe I'll do something else.

hunterr36
6/3/19

This is the worst company Ive ever worked for. Im in tech support, they constantly change your schedule so you have to check it every day. Theres no consistency to the times you work or days your off. Never have any parts that are acutally worth the money in stock. Upper management will constantly belittle you and make you feel like a idiot. Most of the supervisors have no actual tech experience just look at a catalog and says well our catalog/website says it will work. Were told to tell the customer whatever they need to hear to make the purchase.

Tip for consumers: If you acutally want to order fron this joke of a company use Summit Racing website to look the parts up then transfer the part numbers to the jegs website

dalew171
5/23/19

Contacted them for help on exhaust tips. Ordered the tips from the part number they gave me. Payed two day shipping. Received them. They did not fit. They made me pay to return them. Plus did not refund my shipping cost as they said they would. Company is a joke. I'll never use them again. If you buy online they state any mistake is your fault since you ordered it.

alexa396
5/14/19

Idk why there getting all bad reviews. I ordered a intake manifold and accessories for install for my 94 Chevy Silverado, and I received great conditioned parts within 3 days to my house. Great service!

danield370
5/3/19

i wish i could give this parts a zero star rating..wrong part..a shipper that lost my grill for the front of fj but no one called me -- took 3 weeks to track it down.. my neighbor 3 doors down orser headers from jegs also go t the wrong part .... customer servoice is al least a 30 minute phone call to get thru..........and when u do get thru..another 10 minutes while they do the hokey poket

NIGHTMARE!!!!!!

nathano27
4/16/19

Item says ships in 24 hours I ordered on a Sunday and called jegs three times on Tuesday had still not been shipped. Was told I would receive a call back when the supplier was reached since jegs does not stock this item. I never received a call. After I had to call again I was told it ships within 24 hours only if ordered on a business day and before 5. this means if you order on a Friday after 5 your item won't ship until Tuesday the following week 4 days later. Poor customer service and very deceiving hopefully once product is received it will be worth the BS

roberth444
2/18/19

I bought an engine and what started to be a fiasco finally turned into a better situation. I will admit that I was getting wary about the whole thing and then a couple of special support people stepped in and made things work. Nancy C and Bob G they made it work and got the answers I needed as well as a couple of credits I will be running my engine this week a lot so now I wait for my core deposit back. ATK is the one to take care of that.. So as of now we are on good terms.. Rev Rob

saada19
12/23/18

Contacted rap for price match, Even after having email, phone number info he still tried to do it via the website. And Website has error with submitting price match request. Tried internet explorer and firefox. What was the point of talking to him?

bubbab3
11/28/18

Right up there with AT&T, Comcast and Walmart. Customer No-Service reps tell lies even when the truth would do better.

hjl3
10/31/18

I ordered some rotors, brake pads, and calipers from this company back at the beginning of October. Upon placing the order I was told that some items were backordered and that they would ship within the next week.

When that day came, I received another email stating that the items were still backordered. They kept pushing the date back after this, so I ended up calling them. They unapologetically told me that they didn't have a shipping date as the "container hasn't left overseas", so I asked them to cancel the order.

I never got the refund for the order (nor any confirmation emails), so I called back asking for updates. The rep told me that it was already canceled and that I should receive the refund the next business day if I haven't already.

Low and behold, I was shipped a part of the order that next week. I called again asking why I received this package, and they told me it wasn't their fault (it was the manufacturer who shipped it to me). I demanded that they send a pick up the order as I couldn't lug around a (destroyed) box full of rotors and brakes. They told me that FedEx would pick it up the next day.

I waited around that entire day, and nobody came. So I called yet again asking why no one was there. She ended telling me that the order was not canceled, only converted to another order... WHAT?!

She told me that she would actually cancel the order and I would get a real confirmation.
I FINALLY received the refund credit for everything except the shipment that they sent me after a few days, to which I had to call them another time to get a re-pickup attempt.

This whole process was like pulling teeth, and never once during the plethora of calls did they ever apologize or seem sympathetic for wasting a large portion of my time. They just relayed the information in a matter-of-fact tone and asked if there was anything else I had questions about.

Do yourself a favor and AVOID THIS RETAILER AT ALL COSTS!! The headache and lack of organization in this company is not worth dealing with. This has been one of the worst online purchase experiences I've had.

garyn15
3/30/18

They sent me the wrong part because the listing was for a different part and of course I got the incorrect part. Sending it back and getting a shipping label from them for their mistake has been a nightmare. What a joke company. My advice is never even consider buying from this company!

raya368
1/15/18

I bought 2 for master tips from jegs never received them call them no refund no return never offered to give me new ones I would never use this company again they just basically told me to bad.Please buyer beware do not go near this place it is a bad bad place and they got really really bad reviews on their sites and on the Better Business Bureau. Sad!!! Rip offs.

isaacc29
12/22/17

I ordered with this company in the beginning of the month and my parts were supposed to be shipped by the 15th. Over 5 of my parts were delayed at least two weeks which meant I would be unable to see my family for Christmas. The parts that did come, two of them were severely damaged from the factory and had to be returned. However, the replacement parts although I was told were in stock ended up being backordered. To add insult to injury, I found a company (summit racing) that was able to get me my parts before christmas so I could do my repairs and see my family, but JEGS told me they would not get the money back into my account for 48 hours so they are essentially victimizing me a 3rd time by not letting me have my money so I can order the parts from someone who isn't dishonest like them...

jacobg44
8/30/17

Ordered a flywheel from these guys and doesnt fit the car even though their fitment guide says it will fit (Stock car thank you very much). So like any normal person i call and ask what they can do about it, i get this customer representative that is just not happy with the world and just wont work with me at all. They refuse to pay me back for return shipping even though it was their own fault the part didnt fit. This is the worst experience i have ever had with a car parts company. Talk about not valuing their own customers.

peterh205
7/10/17

I've had pretty good experiences with these guys. Ordered several different items on several occasions, most of the time the stuff arrives in 2 days, sometimes back ordered or you get a holiday thrown in there and its over a week, it all depends. Called them for a question and you get courteous, knowledgeable people right her in America.
I have several items to send back (all my fault) and this will be the real test, even though I have to pay for shipping almost all my items I buy over the 100 free shipping limit anyway, so no big deal.
I have no reasons not to buy from Jegs.

jasonw164
6/29/17

Had to cancel an order for 5 wheels since they would not be able to ship for a month....why bother? Not impressed with this one.

chriss743
6/18/17

Jeg's refused to honor their "Guarantee Lowest Price Match" even after identifying 2 retailers that sell the same item for a normal price of $64.28.

The price match policy is as follow: "The price match guarantee does not apply to refurbished, closed, or close out sales. JEGS reserve the right to determine the eligibility of all price matched items."

Located a Lund 96072 Genesis Roll-Up Tonneau Cover on Amazon advertised for $64.28 with free shipping however it would be approx. 30 days to ship.

Found it at Walmart for the same price ($64.28) but it was out of stock. Continued searching and found it at Jeg's. Noticed Jegs had a "guarantee lowest price match policy".

Ordered the item and provided Jegs's will the websites as instructed to verify the price which they did. However they would not honor the price and informed me to order it from Amazon.

The informed me:
1. The price listed was a mistake. I called Amazon and verified the
price was correct.
2. The price was much less then most sellers so it was outdated. again
i verified with Amazon and the price was correct.
3. Jeg's stated they couldn't confirm the price even though they were
provided the link to both websites with the advertised price.
4. Stated the price of the competitors is to good to be true.
5. Stated Walmart is out of stock so they couldn't verify the price. They
could on Amazon.

The main reason i originally didn't order from Amazon and place the order with Jeg's was because Jeg's was able to ship quicker and the "Lowest Price Guarantee Price Match".

In conclusion all the stipulations for the "Price Match" were met. Don't advertise it if your not going to honor it.

franke42
6/1/17

Jegs company are CROOKS BUY YOUR PARTS LOCAL STAY AWAY FROM JEGS.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
BAD PARTS,NO CUSTOMER SERVICE IF YOU WANT YOUR MONEY BACK BY NO FAULT OF YOURS, JUST STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

johnl476
5/18/17

Jegs always has the best parts. And excellent Tech support. Even though there's a lot of things that I can't explain correctly in the motor sports world Jegs always is very patient with me and they help me figure it out time and time again they have helped with my projects on my 1967 Chevelle Thanks John Lester Indianola Iowa

jonr56
3/15/17

I ordered the door lock buttons for my 4 door F150. I paid for 4 lock buttons in total but only got 2 about a week later. I called and explained that I ordered and paid for 4 of them and only got 2. I waited patiently for another 2 weeks and still did not get the door buttons for the other two doors in my truck. I called again and explained what happened and was told they would ship them out. Now 3 weeks after that second phone call I still have not gotten my door lock buttons. I am done being patient and decided to leave this review of my honest experience with Jegs. Never again will I order from them. The problem is now I can not find any vendor that has the same version of my door lock buttons. I will have to order all 4 door lock buttons again to get some that match.

Update: I did finally get the other half of my order and an apology with an explanation. After getting the apology and my door locks I decided to change my 1 star rating to a 3 star rating because sometimes things can happen in business. I do feel that they care and they did follow through and made sure I got what I paid for.

masonl16
3/12/17

Ordered a helmet on January 11th and isn't gonna get shipped till April 31st due to miscommunication with vender. Incredibly annoying

tomb263
3/1/17

Wrong part shipped by jegs. Now they want me to pay return shipping for their mistake.
Don't know where these rave reviews come from, not from real customers. But don't take my word for it, check their BBB rating C+

Idk I guess it depends on your location and or what you ordered.

By Alex A.

Questions? Get answers from the JEGS staff and other customers.

3 Photos for JEGS