Review of JEGS

Tel: 1-800-345-4545
webmaster@jegs.com

saada19
12/23/18

Contacted rap for price match, Even after having email, phone number info he still tried to do it via the website. And Website has error with submitting price match request. Tried internet explorer and firefox. What was the point of talking to him?

bubbab3
11/28/18

Right up there with AT&T, Comcast and Walmart. Customer No-Service reps tell lies even when the truth would do better.

hjl3
10/31/18

I ordered some rotors, brake pads, and calipers from this company back at the beginning of October. Upon placing the order I was told that some items were backordered and that they would ship within the next week.

When that day came, I received another email stating that the items were still backordered. They kept pushing the date back after this, so I ended up calling them. They unapologetically told me that they didn't have a shipping date as the "container hasn't left overseas", so I asked them to cancel the order.

I never got the refund for the order (nor any confirmation emails), so I called back asking for updates. The rep told me that it was already canceled and that I should receive the refund the next business day if I haven't already.

Low and behold, I was shipped a part of the order that next week. I called again asking why I received this package, and they told me it wasn't their fault (it was the manufacturer who shipped it to me). I demanded that they send a pick up the order as I couldn't lug around a (destroyed) box full of rotors and brakes. They told me that FedEx would pick it up the next day.

I waited around that entire day, and nobody came. So I called yet again asking why no one was there. She ended telling me that the order was not canceled, only converted to another order... WHAT?!

She told me that she would actually cancel the order and I would get a real confirmation.
I FINALLY received the refund credit for everything except the shipment that they sent me after a few days, to which I had to call them another time to get a re-pickup attempt.

This whole process was like pulling teeth, and never once during the plethora of calls did they ever apologize or seem sympathetic for wasting a large portion of my time. They just relayed the information in a matter-of-fact tone and asked if there was anything else I had questions about.

Do yourself a favor and AVOID THIS RETAILER AT ALL COSTS!! The headache and lack of organization in this company is not worth dealing with. This has been one of the worst online purchase experiences I've had.

garyn15
3/30/18

They sent me the wrong part because the listing was for a different part and of course I got the incorrect part. Sending it back and getting a shipping label from them for their mistake has been a nightmare. What a joke company. My advice is never even consider buying from this company!

raya368
1/15/18

I bought 2 for master tips from jegs never received them call them no refund no return never offered to give me new ones I would never use this company again they just basically told me to bad.Please buyer beware do not go near this place it is a bad bad place and they got really really bad reviews on their sites and on the Better Business Bureau. Sad!!! Rip offs.

isaacc29
12/22/17

I ordered with this company in the beginning of the month and my parts were supposed to be shipped by the 15th. Over 5 of my parts were delayed at least two weeks which meant I would be unable to see my family for Christmas. The parts that did come, two of them were severely damaged from the factory and had to be returned. However, the replacement parts although I was told were in stock ended up being backordered. To add insult to injury, I found a company (summit racing) that was able to get me my parts before christmas so I could do my repairs and see my family, but JEGS told me they would not get the money back into my account for 48 hours so they are essentially victimizing me a 3rd time by not letting me have my money so I can order the parts from someone who isn't dishonest like them...

jacobg44
8/30/17

Ordered a flywheel from these guys and doesnt fit the car even though their fitment guide says it will fit (Stock car thank you very much). So like any normal person i call and ask what they can do about it, i get this customer representative that is just not happy with the world and just wont work with me at all. They refuse to pay me back for return shipping even though it was their own fault the part didnt fit. This is the worst experience i have ever had with a car parts company. Talk about not valuing their own customers.

peterh205
7/10/17

I've had pretty good experiences with these guys. Ordered several different items on several occasions, most of the time the stuff arrives in 2 days, sometimes back ordered or you get a holiday thrown in there and its over a week, it all depends. Called them for a question and you get courteous, knowledgeable people right her in America.
I have several items to send back (all my fault) and this will be the real test, even though I have to pay for shipping almost all my items I buy over the 100 free shipping limit anyway, so no big deal.
I have no reasons not to buy from Jegs.

jasonw164
6/29/17

Had to cancel an order for 5 wheels since they would not be able to ship for a month....why bother? Not impressed with this one.

chriss743
6/18/17

Jeg's refused to honor their "Guarantee Lowest Price Match" even after identifying 2 retailers that sell the same item for a normal price of $64.28.

The price match policy is as follow: "The price match guarantee does not apply to refurbished, closed, or close out sales. JEGS reserve the right to determine the eligibility of all price matched items."

Located a Lund 96072 Genesis Roll-Up Tonneau Cover on Amazon advertised for $64.28 with free shipping however it would be approx. 30 days to ship.

Found it at Walmart for the same price ($64.28) but it was out of stock. Continued searching and found it at Jeg's. Noticed Jegs had a "guarantee lowest price match policy".

Ordered the item and provided Jegs's will the websites as instructed to verify the price which they did. However they would not honor the price and informed me to order it from Amazon.

The informed me:
1. The price listed was a mistake. I called Amazon and verified the
price was correct.
2. The price was much less then most sellers so it was outdated. again
i verified with Amazon and the price was correct.
3. Jeg's stated they couldn't confirm the price even though they were
provided the link to both websites with the advertised price.
4. Stated the price of the competitors is to good to be true.
5. Stated Walmart is out of stock so they couldn't verify the price. They
could on Amazon.

The main reason i originally didn't order from Amazon and place the order with Jeg's was because Jeg's was able to ship quicker and the "Lowest Price Guarantee Price Match".

In conclusion all the stipulations for the "Price Match" were met. Don't advertise it if your not going to honor it.

franke42
6/1/17

Jegs company are CROOKS BUY YOUR PARTS LOCAL STAY AWAY FROM JEGS.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
BAD PARTS,NO CUSTOMER SERVICE IF YOU WANT YOUR MONEY BACK BY NO FAULT OF YOURS, JUST STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

johnl476
5/18/17

Jegs always has the best parts. And excellent Tech support. Even though there's a lot of things that I can't explain correctly in the motor sports world Jegs always is very patient with me and they help me figure it out time and time again they have helped with my projects on my 1967 Chevelle Thanks John Lester Indianola Iowa

jonr56
3/15/17

I ordered the door lock buttons for my 4 door F150. I paid for 4 lock buttons in total but only got 2 about a week later. I called and explained that I ordered and paid for 4 of them and only got 2. I waited patiently for another 2 weeks and still did not get the door buttons for the other two doors in my truck. I called again and explained what happened and was told they would ship them out. Now 3 weeks after that second phone call I still have not gotten my door lock buttons. I am done being patient and decided to leave this review of my honest experience with Jegs. Never again will I order from them. The problem is now I can not find any vendor that has the same version of my door lock buttons. I will have to order all 4 door lock buttons again to get some that match.

Update: I did finally get the other half of my order and an apology with an explanation. After getting the apology and my door locks I decided to change my 1 star rating to a 3 star rating because sometimes things can happen in business. I do feel that they care and they did follow through and made sure I got what I paid for.

masonl16
3/12/17

Ordered a helmet on January 11th and isn't gonna get shipped till April 31st due to miscommunication with vender. Incredibly annoying

tomb263
3/1/17

Wrong part shipped by jegs. Now they want me to pay return shipping for their mistake.
Don't know where these rave reviews come from, not from real customers. But don't take my word for it, check their BBB rating C+

charlesa66
11/10/16

(Place an order by 11 ships same day) OUTRIGHT LIE. Placed an order Sunday night the 6th,first of all i never received any invoices or Tracking numbers and 2 of 3 of the Parts were left at my door with NO notification or Tracking Numbers sent at all. 2 Day's later the 8th i had to call and ask for the last part still missing.The part was suppose to be ordered Sunday the 6th, they said they placed the order from another vendor, when i called back on the 8th telling them i never received any invoices or tracking number's only to find out the part from the so called other vender was never ordered so she did it and sent me the invoice's and tracking number for the order and the last part on the 8th,after i already had 2 of the 3 parts. (The last part was not ordered until i called back for the tracking numbers and invoices on the 8th) it's now the 10th, and it turns out it was ordered 2 day's late from Classic Industries all the way across the Country and is still sitting in Anaheim California not going to be here until the 17th. placed the order on the 6th still waiting for the last part not due until the 17th.Tell me is that ships overnight to you? Will be the last time i do anything with Jeg's.2 of 3 part's delivered before any invoices or tracking numbers,last part ordered 2 day's late when i finally got the invoices and tracking number for the missing part is when i found out i had to wait until the 17th to get the last part. (Good luck when you order anything from Jegs and they tell you they can get it from another Vendor.) Parts before invoices or tracking numbers so you never see where or what the date is you will receive the part from the other vender.

johns620
12/24/13

JEGS is GREAT! The only people I go to, forget those other guys. They have cool knowledgeable techs, and if they do mess up and send me something that doesn't work the customer service dept is super helpful and willing to make it right. Unlike those other guys who make me jump thru hoops to fix their mistakes! I've been doing business with JEGS for years and will continue to do so.

dianer15
11/2/13

Ordered some items that were needed asap and even told them I was willing to pay extra for two day shipping. She assured me, after I gave her my address that the extra shipping fee was not necessary as it would get to me in time. She lied. When I called back to find out why I was lied to about the shipping, especially since I was willing to pay the extra money, I was left on hold by a not very bright woman named Susan. Will not buy anything from them again.

davids147
12/3/12

Hi guys

I ordered a couple parts from you for my car project. Overall it was a great experience except and item showed in stock and then you sent me an email that it was on backorder for 2 weeks. Other than that thank you for the experience.

gerardos1
8/3/11

JEGS is a high performance auto parts website. They have fast shipping, good customer service, smart staff, great selection of quality parts, returns are not a hassle, and they do price match. I would place 5 stars but i never ordered from them, i read many, many reviews of this site, and just passed it on here.

Questions? Get answers from the JEGS staff and other customers.

JEGS?