Review of HSN

Tel: 1-800-284-5757
patrick_vonderhaar@hsn.com

gloriaa13
7/16/15

I purchased a guitar. Received No. 1 guitar --damaged goods unrepairable. Returned
I was sent a 2nd guitar. Damaged goods unrepairable. Returned
Now HSN has my money and their damaged goods and will not return my money to my account which says to me that I have been dealing with a company that puts greed above quality and good customer service. Gloria Ashton

tatianak1
5/17/15

HSN wont let me place any more orders, due to too many returns. Even though my purchases way exceed my return average. All my returns were either item defects, or poor quality. As many of you are aware that shipping is not free.

ninaj4
4/19/15

People don't want to be informed on what's going on, they don't want to hear about the background processing of orders and they obviously don't understand retail. The truth is, when you buy something from Walmart, you don't call them 50 times asking them to fix it. You either take it back or you call the manufacturer. Customer service is not your IT guy.

A lot of people complain about quality of products. Okay. Sure. Understandable. But to expect to get a refund back after you've had the product for 6 months to a year is pretty dumb. I've never had problem with HSN, the customer service is more than satisfactory and with all of these bad reviews, it seems like you were either too dumb to listen to whats going on or trying to play the system.

Guess what! Even when you order things from QVC, AMAZON, EBAY, who ever - they also sometimes come from the manufacturer. They ALSO charge a return fee or expect you to return on your own. I don't understand why so many people are so irate with this company and the truth is (just from reading comments on THIS site and others) that people are just plain ignorant and don't want to be educated about whats going on.

If you just ask, Customer service will explain it to you. They don't mind taking the time to educate a customer. I didn't even understand the Credit Card VS. Flex pay and the sweet woman took her time to break everything down for me. Some of you seriously need to get over yourselves. This company may have a few hiccup products, but the service and the company have always gone above and beyond for me.

If you're reading other people's problems with HSN, I hope you can see through them. One person wrote on there that they were getting legal action for a charge that wasn't even on their bank statement anymore. That's because the charge was REMOVED. So dumb.

gils19
4/10/15

Hsn total rip off...won't price match any retailor after receiving item.much cheaper locally...no more hsn for my family.

williamm125
3/7/15

I placed a order for a HP computer and at check out I had it on flex pay, it said it couldn't process I needed to contact them at a certain phone number. I got a notice from bank that a payment for this item was made , so I called and have gotten the run around bull crap...I was informed they reversed the payment and it was sent back to my bank, never seen it yet, I got with my bank and they are not showing it as well...I will give them today and will seek legal suit on this...beware of this company!!! Plus I got the same computer on QVC cheaper and they are not ripping me off!!!

vincentt12
3/3/15

recently i have place an order for kindle fire, and i'v been paying for the last three months now they send me the letter threaten me that they will put my account into collection. I called them ire and they gave me a run around for the last two days. i went ahead and paid off the entire amount. I will call a better business bureau and will not buy anything from this company again

richardv22
2/21/15

And then another Supervisor named Ronni called me and immediately took the side of her co-supervisor in her very own cranky, PMS menstrual, indignant and abrasive manner which appears to run rampant amongst the near do well Females that appear to be in compete charge and control of this dubious female oriented business which sells Keith Urban Guitars but will not stand behind their products in any way shape or form and when any customer will not bow down to their interuptive style of phone call dominance (where did the customer is always right get lost on these females, back when they passed their GED's for the very first time?) they also exhibit less than normal stones and hang-up when they can not verbally $#*! slap the educated customer and as is their style of being on a recorded phone after they hang-up they say Hello-Hello-Hello and to the recorded version it sounds like the customer hung up. Who do these people think that they are kidding? They are kidding themselves and the people who hired them and as far I go I think that any company that hires Female Supervisors of and over the menstrual age is asking for a loss in business especially a business of such a dubious nature as in these ingeniousdesigns.com people and I find that their name kind of spells it out as to what they think of themselves but the people that I have spoken to are anything but in the genius league! When they go out of business it will undoubtedly be due to their lack of customer service skills and aptitudes most often and more pronounced at certain times of the month!
Richard C. Vickerman (Fed. Prosecutor of Disability Discrimination Claims)

markl86
2/19/15

I bought a Wolfgang Puck Blender $300.00 , 3 yrs ago , I got it followed the directions fired it up 10 seconds later it broke. I contacted HSN and they said nothing they can do about it I had to contact the company that sold them . HSN did have the contact information handy. So I called the company and got a replacement 2 years later. Unpacked it and poured some water in the blender fired it up and it started smoking and died , I think it did last 3 or 4 more seconds than the last one. Needless to say I wont buy from them again it was a $300.00 blender that was worth $3.00 for a dust collector. It did a really good job as a dust collector also. HSN never called me to follow up to make sure I was taken care of , nothing just poor products and poor customer service. Ironically I bought a blender from Tigerdirect on a daily deal for 18 bucks and it works perfectly.

milana14
2/11/15

Hi! I have purchased ACER Aspire laptop 17". After unpacking the laptop and VIPRE security sticks I did not find any reasonable detail instructions how to remove some unnecessary program as well as download properly the new ones (VIPRE, ADOBE Reader, etc. Fortunately a service support by Vtec.com was available and after two attempts and waiting time of 2 x 30 minutes I was connected to Mr. Ryan Johnson. He was extremely helpful and skillfully guided me on the screen to accomplish many not easy tasks which either were not mentioned in TV infomercial (e.g. McAfee was already downloaded and interwoven with some other programs) or was getting complicated because of business ties some IT companies built among themselves. Ryan spend over one hour with me and thanks to his great effort I'll be able to use my computer as soon as possible. I wish most of HSN and Vtec technicians would be as helpful and innovative as Mr. Johnson. Thank you for his helping hands!

jackd66
1/24/15

Beware of HSN. Their customer service is as poor as their products. Ordered a rebounder on January 10 that was still not sent two weeks later. Website showed no update. Called HSN and was told on January 24 that next delivery estimation was a month away on February 22. No updates from anyone about this 6 week delay. Then was told they couldn't guarantee the order could be cancelled even though shipment at best was not due for a month. I wasn't allowed to talk to a manager until I pushed And he was indifferent and simply told me it goes into the zombie pool of customer service, which translated means they couldn't care less. Am prepared to take strong action if that rebounder shows up.BUYER BEWARE--this business makes a fortune off uneducated consumers who have no clue how lousy their electronics are. They assume there will be a lot of customer dissatisfaction and it's part of their business. Back to Amazon and QVC, which are classier and more importantly--reliable businesses,

jakem52
1/21/15

Great products, describe what you are getting. Like the free S&H when offered.
Like the 30 day money back guarantee with no questions or problems returning except having to pay S&H to return. Use this site often.

aleciak
12/29/14

Got 6 yr old son the only thing he wanted for Christmas was a keith urban guitar only for it to be broken, called to send it back and they can only give a refund.poor service they don't care about customers only money!! Sad world when you take a child's dreams and shatter them only be a use you don't hold your products to the good! !I will never buy anything from him nor if it's got keith urban name on it, shame that he allows them to sell things that they don't hold good too. From upset mother and upset 6 yr old boy

kyk1
12/26/14

Customer service team for HSN is horrible, they talk to you very unappreciative of your business and just down right rude! I have purchased many things from HSN over the years, but after dealing with their very rude customer service reps and their supervisors, i will no longer give them my business.

debram18
11/30/14

This company has the worse phone service IN THE WORLD! The people who take your order are the rudest and so ready to hang up before your done with your order I have been a member for years and every time I place an order it's the same experience RUDE! This time the guy order the wrong item no for me and charged my card I check called back and got another RUDE person a manager said Things Happen well you know that's NOT WHAT A CUSTOMER WANTS TO HEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She HUNG UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GREAT SERVICE I will never order another thing on HSN! BAD!

sallyg11
11/28/14

I could not get my order to go through, I called and the guy said it was because I some how had two accounts so he merged them, still did not work, I got customer service on the computer she said I did not have a password, which I explained I did, so she reset it and said it would work fine now, still did not work, I contacted them again, and again they did something and said it would work. Well this time I contacted them and told them to close my account after 5 hours and contacting them 5 times and no one would stay with me to make sure my order would go through I went to QVC and guess what my order went through without a problem!! So good bye to HSN and hello to QVC!!!

angelas46
11/22/14

Consumers Be Aware - HSN has no regard for its customers! I have been a member of HSN for over ten years and bought much from them over the years. My mom passed away and I went on HSN to close my mother's file and to update my account (change my phone number and address). The automated system would not let me and so someone from customer service went through the process with me and assured me it was done. I then ordered things which never arrived. When I called to check, I was told the updates had not taken place. Another representative went through the process, and updated my account for me, told me it was updated, and then took my order for the second time.

These items never arrived and when I called, I was told (1) my account had not been updated, (2) both orders had been sent to my old address and returned; and (3) my account had been closed by HSN for non receipt of packages. When I asked to speak to accounts so that the problem could be corrected, I was told accounts does not take phone calls, only letters. Basically I have been punished for my mom dying and for moving into her home and using the phone in existence there.

maryv19
11/20/14

I purchased an item six days ago. I received the item but was never provided with an order #, a receipt or other proof of purchase, credit card receipt, etc. I have contacted them over and over but since their rep neglected to get my contact phone/email, they are refusing to provide documentation to me. The item comes with a guarantee and is covered by their liberal holiday return policy but since I have no receipt, I am at their mercy if it needs to be returned.

This is HSN's error and they are refusing to correct it. I will never purchase from them again.

loul16
11/13/14

I fail to understand why they charge shipping per item. For example: If you order 2 small rings they charge you twice for shipping (7.99) but you receive just one tiny box. Total rip off! And on top of that if you were to ship the same tiny box it would be less than 2.50

marilynk2
10/20/14

Lovely customer service, very easy to deal with, professional and does not keep you waiting online with phone calls. I am a regular customer, purchase and always cancel and RETURN, no problems. I just am careful about the brands that I buy, quality wise and how the brand fits me personally. Good place, great product and educational and excellent website.

mariad29
10/14/14

I love HSN! I have never been dissatisfied with any interaction I have had with representatives when ordering, the shipping is always super fast, and any time I have ever had an issue with an order or needed to return a product they have been super helpful and nice.

saundrag1
9/12/14

Computer or printer. They do not come with the software you ordered because of the software. So back it went. I will never order a computer or printer from them. It also cost me to ship it back

geralds18
9/2/14

During the past month, I purchased 2 computers (HP and DELL) and one television (TOSHIBA). Within a matter of a few months, these items slowly died. No longer have I considered HSN a good place to spend my money. Low price is the key tool what they use to attract the customer towards them.

kyler28
8/13/14

please do not buy from hsn they do not care about the customer all they care about is your money the product they sale are last year model I know because I brought a cellphone from them and it was last year model not this year model when I got the phone the screen was crack so I sent it back and got other cellphone this time it came with no back cover or battery and it was the wrong was told we are sorry but we are out of the cellphone you ordered so we will give you the number of the vendor I call vendor was told it hsn problem talk to them the phone I brought was Samsung galaxy 2 I had nothing but problem with the phone and all hsn did was take $50.00 dollars off the price I'm still stuck with a cellphone that doesn't work well the and it looks like it had been a use cellphone when got it .I had a nother problem I had found a camera on a nother website for less I ask hsn if they match prices they had a camera that I was looking at I told them my situation and if they could help me out and stead of making 4flexpay could I make 6 flexpay because I need the camera by Friday and I told them normally I could the 4 flex pay was told we don't match prices and no we can't help you out if you still want the camera buy friday it will cost you $27.95 extra for shipping I told hsn that I was posting blog about them and let people know about hsn and I would not be shopping hsn
Any more and I hope other people do the same they say they hate to lose you as customers but they won't do anything for you.

lynnm40
4/12/14

I had my debit card information stolen months ago. My bank called to asking if I placed a large order with HSN for close to $800. I had not - someone from out of state stole my information. The order did not go through, thankfully, but the debit card had to be re-issued and I went through the hassle of canceling the card where it was registered, waiting for a new card, etc. Fast forward many months....I call HSN to place an order for myself and was told I could no longer receive shipments from HSN due to the previous credit card issue. I explained that someone had stolen my information and now I had a new card, but they informed me that my ADDRESS was now on a list and they could not accept orders from me! I told the rep this was completely unfair and that I should not have to suffer the consequences because someone stole MY information. She wouldn't budge, but said she could have someone from 'verification' call me to discuss this matter further. No thanks. I will not go through this again, explaining the situation a second time just for the privilege of shopping with HSN. Not worth it - there are plenty of other places to shop.

davidg102
3/19/14

I was very frustrated with my entire experience from purchasing, having order canceled, to the very poor customer service.

I ordered a Nokia Lumia 925 on 3/13, I had the option of purchasing from another site for around the same sale price. Estimated delivery was 3-7 business days.

On 3/18 (5 days later) I receive a notice that my order was cancelled, saying little more than that's too bad for you. The sale price is no longer offered on any site. I write an email to their customer service.

3/19 with no reply to my email, I call their customer support to see if they would do anything to remedy their mistake. Their customer service rep blames it on 3 party vendors having a truck accident or warehouse mistake. After that she offers me $5 spendable cash on their site. I found this unacceptable. She could not offer more without supervisor. Another 5 minutes on hold the supervisor was able to offer me $10 spendable cash or the item ever became available again they might be able to offer it at that price.

The order process was mediocre - coupons not working,extremely poor communication after purchase, and horrid customer service. They have taken too many hours of my life and will not be getting a second chance.

22 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

They tell u how long u hv to activate that phone! It's called 'pay attention'. I've been with them over 15 yrs. I do a lot of shopping online. Can't beat the returns or customer service. Watch ur items for 30 day price decrease. They refund the difference!! I hv a blast getting $$ back.

By Linda D.

Contact attorney general of your state and Florida.

By Robin t.

I cancelled my order online at one time and they refunded the money within 24 hours to my bank. Otherwise I would suggest you call Customer Service for further details. As far as I know I never had any problems with HSN.

By Kim L.

Shipping Problems are completely different from selling shoddy merchandize!

By Richard V.

Questions? Get answers from the HSN staff and other customers.

6 Photos for HSN