Review of HSN

Tel: 1-800-284-5757
patrick_vonderhaar@hsn.com

loriw163
2/12/19

I've never had a issue with HSN and regret one at this time, but I feel the need to vent as I feel my concerns are being ignored and disregarded. This past December I purchased a few items from HSN and was satisfied with all except one, which was a tube of mascara. Upon receiving the mascara, I noticed it was dry and unusable. I immediately contacted HSN's customer support to advise, in which they told me to return. I returned the product and for some reason they are stating never received back. So, due to being lost n the mail they refused me a refund and pretty much stated SOL on me!

So, now they continue to charge me for mascara that was returned to them!!

I will NEVER EVER purchase another item from HSN again! Their product quality was extremely poor and they do NOT HONOR their return policy!!

I have a copy of the return merchandise package slip.

eleanorb34
1/20/19

Bought a gift for my daughter she was very excited about. 1st one broken and returned shipped. 2nd one was also broken. HSN would not honor the fact that # 2 was broken and I would have to pay for a new one until return received. When asked to talk to a supervisor the final reply was the "computer" would not allow it. Since when do computers run companies. Totally have lost my trust with HSN. No more shopping there for me.

teeh7
12/27/18

I tried to place a order with them but cannot because of the previous tenant! Anyway your loss! Maybe that was a warning to me, not too! I'll take my money$$ to the Q__!!!

amandah322
12/21/18

Took my money, declined my order. How an you take money from someone's account & provide nothing for it. They say they release your money immediately but it an take 3 business days to process and then your bank can take 1-30 days to refund it to your account. They should approve or deny you Flexpay before they take the money from your account. Now my Christmas is ruined because they took the last of our money that was to buy my kids gifts!

taneeshad
11/8/18

I have been trying to place an order wnd cant due to m address being blocked because of the previous tenant in my apartment. People move in and out of apartments. I dont think its right to go by address instead of individual customer. HSN you are missing out on a lot of money by doing this.thank God for QVC.

vivianw53
10/28/18

I returned 3 things using the prepaid labels enclosed in the package. I was never given credit for my returns. I am shocked as this is the first time that this has happened in my 20 years of dealing with them. I am out of over $80 as they refused to do anything about my return. QVC is much better for dealing with as far as returns are concerned. In the future, I am warning everyone about their return policy and their ability to take your money and not work with you--at all.

ednad15
10/27/18

I returned my product and did exactly what they instructed for me to do. Been getting the run around. Waste of my time and money. Never get my refund. I gave up on this company. Pleas take your business elsewhere FOR YOUR OWN SAKE!!!

amys528
10/26/18

I can honestly say in the 20+ years I have been shopping online this is my first really negative experience. While watching the absolutely breathless presentation for a blendtec blender I was encourage to try the product because after all you can always return the item if you dont like it. What they fail to tell you is Blendtec does not participate in the easy return process at HSN leaving you to ship it back via the post office at a whopping $35.00 charge. Who would ever take the chance of ordering something and getting stuck with a return fee that high. Since I am a HSN customer I feel it is there responsibility to inform customers of this process up front. CS seems to think they have no responsibility because Blendtec chooses not to participate in the easy return process available. What garbage they know if they would tell you this upfront you would not order the produc. HSN would obviously rather risk losing customers to make a sale. BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE!!!!!

charlenes78
9/29/18

Ordered an item early Aug - product defective. I called HSN & they issued me a UPS prepaid return label. Product returned Aug 21st. They shipped a new order which was also defective. I returned 2nd product Sept 11th. As of yesterday no credits have been issued. I checked delivery of UPS return and HSN received the item Aug 28th (yes a month ago)! They don't want to check for the 2nd return because I don't have a tracking #. This is awful customer service. I hate having to do a companies work as I don't work for HSN yet they expect me to do their work! No more shopping at HSN!

melissap133
9/29/18

published review 9/29/18
Do not buy a phone from them. I love HSN and purchase regulary. I bought a Samsung s8 plus for $804. I Paid my last payment on 9/21/18. I broke the phone on 9/28/18. I did not expect anything from HSN until I went to register the phone and could not. I contacted samsung to have it registered and repaired only to be told the phone is international and cannot be registered or repaired in the United States there is no way possible for them to even get parts. I was not told this when I purchased the phone. I want my money back and HSN feel it is not their problem.

manuelk25
9/26/18

Purchased 4 Samsung Tracfones with 1200 minutes text and data.3 out of 4 phones were fine. The 4th never worked even after spending hours with Tracfone. I tried to return the brand new phone back to HSN but after 30 days they choose not to be honest or helpful and will not take the new phone back. They kept my money and I am stuck with A new phone that wont connect. Land Pirates

paula342
9/13/18

HSN 11 months ago they said my credit card charge for a flex pay was denied. I have not received communication any concerning this. They stink!!

travisg59
8/6/18

Made my first purchase which I received a confirmation for. Then after 4 hours or so I received and email saying my order was cancelled. I emailed support but didn't hear anything so I started a chat with support who informed me to call back during business hours and that my payment would take 1-3 days to credit back to my account, It is now day 4. Wont be using this crap again

karenr362
6/3/18

Beware of HSN. If you order on flex pay, watch your payments very carefully. If you want to pay in full before your flex pay date is up, you will still be charged! They will show a credit balance on your account and then they will charge another payment and tell you you don't have a credit balance. They are rip offs! Their customer service is extremely combative and rude to say the least. I will NEVER buy anything from them again. For those that have not experienced what others have.... you will eventually. I had a good experience at first too. Once they have you - then they begin their creative accounting with you and rip you off.

cathys189
5/28/18

After reading their "easy return policy" I ordered a dress. Their return policy states full refund including original shipping and handling. Dress did not work out, so I returned it. There was a shipping label and tracking number included with my invoice, so that part was very easy. What I had a problem with is the fact that they charge a return insurance fee, that you are not made aware of until you receive your item and the fee amount is listed. I called and was told that it states that on their web site. I looked everywhere on their web site and even typed in "return fee", "refund policy" and those only took me back to what their policy openly states...full refund. Nowhere does it mention the return insurance fee. After arguing for quite sometime they agreed to remove the $7.95 insurance fee. Just beware that they do not offer a "FULL REFUND".

christinaa93
5/18/18

The customer service is deplorable! I DO NOT recommend this retailer, they ship damaged product, provided a song and dance to return faulty products, lie about how they will remedy the problem and still require the customer to jump through hoops to get a refund.
After ordering $246.62 in origami shelves in February 2018, they arrived and were so damaged and bent that they could not be locked into place or used. After 3 call and getting lied to and the run around UPS was superposed to pick them up. I spoke to Linda at 727-872-5861 to resolve this problem - at first it appeared to be helpful;however, UPS never picked up the shelves and according to Linda the request was made 3 times.
At this point, I just want my refund and to move on, but that is not going to happen. Now it is the end of May 2018 and this problem is still going. After calling Linda today and letting her know the credit for damaged shelves is still not there, she became very snippy and rude. Then told me to call 1-800-284-3900 and ask for a Customer Accounts Supervisor. That was a bold face lie! Again the run around because they cannot and will not do their jobs! So, 4 months later I am still getting the run around on damaged product they sold.
DO NOT buy anything from HSN! They do not operate with morals, honor or ethics. Their behavior is shameful and disrespectful - shop elsewhere so you too do not have these problems!

leeb172
4/19/18

Tried to establish my own account with HSN. They insisted on talking to my wife since she has her own account. Can't surprise her with a gift if she is included. Never seen such incompetence. BUYER BEWARE!!!!! Can't give less than one star or I would.

elizabethf107
4/16/18

HSN is affiliated with Comenity Bank and they will do everything they can to try to make you pay more for the item you ordered and destroy your credit in the process. Their whole payment system is designed to confuse the customer and get you to make more payments and if you don't they send it right to the credit bureau's...I'm actually in the process of suing this company!! BE WARNED: DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM - TOTAL RIP-OFFS!!

annabellem7
4/9/18

Dont trust HSN! Dont give them your personal information because they will give it to Comenity Bank and will F**k up your credit. They dont care about you, they only care about making a profit. But they will call you a valued customer. And after the F**k up your credit, they want to keep on robbing you by telling you they want to help you but you need to enroll in a program. They are trying to fool you. All they want to do it keep on robbing you. They just want to keep on robbing you some more. I hope someday Comenity Bank robs HSN the same way they are robbing us.

carlab62
3/30/18

Tried to place an order and I was denied! Was told that someone would call me back and tell me why. No one called so I had to call them. Was told the second time, that someone else would call me back. Still no call. The third time I called, i was told that I had to send a letter to them (didn't say who THEM is)! Finally, I just hung up. Will take my business elsewhere.

kathrynb59
3/26/18

HSN has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I like seeing the fashions and jewelry worn by models. I can get a better idea about them on a person than just looking at a picture. Hosts are all very professional and great personalities.

emilyl98
2/23/18

At first i really was skeptical of this site as most reviews out there seem to be bad so i want to make sure they get a positive review. I ordered a HP laptop from them (item 600803). I had questions so I called and within 5 minutes we were talking to a customer service rep and off the phone with our answers. I was still skeptical as many said they didn't get their items but still this computer was just worth it. I was also afraid it would be one of those too good to be true prices. So I ordered and it was shipped the next day. The computer was double boxed and packed really well. Signature was required while other companies don't have that and with laptops or any other expensive item that honestly needs it. I ordered Sunday February 18 and it arrived by Wednesday February 21. Awesome service and amazingly fast shipping.

deniseb169
1/19/18

Just to inform everyone buying a large item on the 18 month interest free plan and trying to pay flex payments in full each month from HSN is a joke. We bought a 65" TV for Christmas on their 18 month plan and my husband bought several items on flex pay. I thought I was paying in full for the flex pay total for the month, and that next months flex pay payment would pay them in full and I would just pay the TV off in two equal payments the next month. Easy enough right? Wrong!! I look at February's bill and I have interest charged from the flex pay total which I thought I paid in full. I called and HSN told me I had to pay $74 toward the TV that had no interest for 18 months!! They told me this was told to us when we bought it. It was not!! Nor was it on our statement. So every payment I make, $74 comes off the top to go toward a TV that has 0% interest for 18 months. Does that make sense? and anything else goes toward the balance that is drawing interest!! I told them I know exactly why it wasn't explained when we bought the TV. No one in their right mind would deal with them. I told them that's why I prefer QVC. Wish my husband had listened.

bobn52
1/10/18

I ordered Azpen Tablet 10.1 32 GB with 500 MB free WI FI per month. The first product was sent without the mfg box being sealed wrapped. Upon opening the mfg box, I noticed the tablet's screen was all scratched up indicating it had to be used. Then I noticed fingerprints on the leather casing. If it were new- direct from the MFG, it would be sealed wrapped and in pristine condition. They did an exchange. Upon receiving the second item, the same issue. Unsealed mfg box, screen scratched and fingerprints. When I wanted to do an exchange, they said we can only do one exchange and that no inventory is available. This is funny and exploitative!! When I was getting the exchange they stated it is out of inventory and upon availability they would sent it out. So now that I received the exchange they are claiming the product is out again. So what happened to the inventory- they just received in order to send out my exchange?? The answer is clear, they received a return from another customer and tried to land me a used product once again. HSN sucks with its customer relations and they promotional TV ads are bogus. Stay away it pays to buy at the higher price to get something you buy in a definitive new condition

Tip for consumers: Stay way pay more at the original MFG or retailer so you know you
are getting is sealed, new and unused

janety18
12/30/17

the HP laptop i bought from HSN was sold as a new windows 10 computer. It was in fact and older model. HSN had simply upgraded the operating system. also, their life time tech support is out of business leaving customer out of luck. don't fret, Vtec was just out to sell you more stuff anyway.

22 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

They tell u how long u hv to activate that phone! It's called 'pay attention'. I've been with them over 15 yrs. I do a lot of shopping online. Can't beat the returns or customer service. Watch ur items for 30 day price decrease. They refund the difference!! I hv a blast getting $$ back.

By Linda D.

Contact attorney general of your state and Florida.

By Robin t.

I cancelled my order online at one time and they refunded the money within 24 hours to my bank. Otherwise I would suggest you call Customer Service for further details. As far as I know I never had any problems with HSN.

By Kim L.

Shipping Problems are completely different from selling shoddy merchandize!

By Richard V.

Questions? Get answers from the HSN staff and other customers.

1 Photo for HSN