Review of HSN

Tel: 1-800-284-5757
patrick_vonderhaar@hsn.com

danc419
6/19/19

I was making payments one month in advance, because my payment was made early they charged me a late fee and put a hold on available credit. 1st time this is happened being penalized for making my payments. will not do business with them again.

robp117
6/9/19

We just purchased an RCA Pro Tablet from HSN May 2019. After receiving it and setting it up, we contacted our cellular provider to activate the HSN tablet on our cellular account. ATT told us to switch out the SIM card. Much to our dismay there was no SIM slot on the RCA. ATT advised us the tablet was WiFi only, which meant we were using a product that was only usable on unsecured WiFi since we have no dedicated WiFi service where we live which was NEVER mentioned by the HSN Huskers on their infomercial. HSN would not be able to sell their crap if they were honest. They hope most people that purchase their crap won't understand "unsecured" and use it at their peril.
You watch these CARNY folks on HSN infomercials and they go through the Switch & Bait process so fast you don't get to spend anytime on the important details.
They like to lull in into a sense of trust to follow the bouncing ball to order the product because we're telling you the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
We're STUCK with the additional add-on's we purchased with this HSN RCA Tablet.
Talked to an HSN Supervisor June 9,2019 at 9:45am. He defended HSN's Infomercial not having to tell the BUYER all the facts. He stuck to this position during our 30 minute conversation arguing that it was not HSN's responsibility to advise the prospective customer regarding the limited unsecured connectivity.
Buyer Beware should be their MOTO.

josel344
6/3/19

I placed my first order on a Friday and then I got an email saying that I needed to verify my information. Firstly, he assumed I was a female when I am male, 2nd he didn't ask any information of me at ALL! He asked for my phone number and said it wasn't on my account. I had called to place the rep put my area code wrong by one number, 3rd the guy had the worse attitude and was like "I find reason to believe you are not who you say you are because my sources show you as 90 years old" and then starts laughing! If you see your "sources," I'm in my late 20s!!! When I called the lady asked for my SS and DOB to see if I qualify for the credit card which was fine so that alone shows my DOB, age, sex, etc. The guy was beyond rude and was like "well I'm canceling your account and your account is goooonne! Ok?" I have never ever been spoken to the way he spoke to me. I then tell him how did he verify my information when he didn't even ask for anything, and he continued to to say "well, I don't believe you. Your orders canceled and I get the final say and I say no. So I have nothing more to say to you so have a good day." Then he hung up I me. I am beyond appalled by this! I'm glad I'm not doing service with them. I'm glad I'm getting my money back. Looking at the reviews, I would have probably got a defective 2nd hand pice of crap anyways. I requested a supervisor to call me so I'm going wait on that and I hope that guy gets fired! Not professional, rude, and awful company all together. Beware! I'm glad I didnt start with this company.

michaelr1186
5/25/19

I BOUGHT. A SET OF TOSHIBA CORDFREE EAR BUDS TWO PACK. IN 6 MOUTHS BOTH PAIR WENT OUT. I DID NOT BUY THE EXTENDED WARRANTY I FELT THEY WOULD LAST AT LEAST A YEAR. TOSHIBA OFFERS A ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY. I CALL HSN CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR HELP WITH THE LIMITED WARRANTY THROUGH TOSHIBA AND THEY WOULD NOT HELP ME AT ALL. GO TO THERE WEB SITE THEY TOLD ME. I WENT TO THE SITE THEY TOLD ME AND FOUND NOTHING.THAT HAD TO DO WITH TOSHIBA/ HSN WARRANTY. I'LL NEVER BUY FROM HSN AGAIN. I HAVE THERE CREDIT CARD TOO. I'M THINKING ABOUT CANCELING IT. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AFTER THE SALE. TOSHIBA EAR BUDS SUCK. DON'T BUY.

stacib19
5/23/19

After my father passed, my mother, who is a senior, slowly became a shopaholic, racked up 1000s of dollars worth of charges on the HSN credit card. The more she shopped the more credit they gave her. She's on a fixed income, but instead of monitoring shoppers income vs. the credit the allot them, they let seniors go into debt instead. She had 3 strokes, was in a rehab facility, was told by medical staff not to spend any of her SSI in case she had to go to long-term where Medicaid would take all her check. POA I changed all phone numbers to mine to pay her bills, when she was still able. ONE month of being late on payment and HSN sent it to their collections department. They began harrassing me no matter how many times I told the she was in rehab, stroke, couldn't pay, put it on file. 8:01 a.m. they called me every hour on the hour for four hors straight. The last call told me it wasn't harrassment, argued with me heatedly, so I startes blocking the calls. ONE MONTH LATE! And YES it was harrasment according to FDCPA. If a loved one is shopping with this company, watch their spending, block the channel, do whatever you can to make sure they don't get taken advantage of by this company.

alisonk47
3/30/19

Twice, I have ordered one item from HSN. The second time, I only ordered from them because I couldn't find my desired product elsewhere. The first time, I ordered one item and approved payment thru PayPal for one item. They sent and billed for 3 items. The second time, I made sure I didn't order anything recurring - only one item/one time payment - and they sent and charged for four. They have different billing names they use to somehow fool PayPal. HSN sends an email confirmation right after you order, showing the correct number and the correct payment - and then within 24 hrs- they send about 3 more emails, using a slightly different corporate name - like HSN1 or HSN LLC. When you are busy and glance at emails, you think it's just part of the order confirmation, shipping, tracking process that every legitimate company uses. But no - they are actually creating as many additional orders as they think they can get away with. I have blocked them on PayPal now, and have sent a dispute to PayPal. Getting thru to HSN customer service online or in person is a never ending circle to nowhere. Do NOT order from this company.

mikea701
3/20/19

Unhappy with quality of Tony Little Gazelle received on 1/30/2019 and dropped it off at UPS on 2/1/2019 at a return shipping cost of $94.00 on a $279.00 item. My credit card was billed the first $69.00 installment for it on 2/10/2019, and I was told when I called HSN, to go ahead and pay the charge, due to them not receiving notification it was "received back at their vendor yet". Got another installment charge of $49.00 for same item on my 3/10/2019 credit card bill. After calling on March 20 with the UPS tracking number, they admitted it had INDEED been received by their vendor on 2/5/2019 and they had yet to hear from them yet, so they couldn't issue full credit for the item until now. What if I had never called them and had them check on it actually being received??? This is inexcusable!

loriw163
2/12/19

I've never had a issue with HSN and regret one at this time, but I feel the need to vent as I feel my concerns are being ignored and disregarded. This past December I purchased a few items from HSN and was satisfied with all except one, which was a tube of mascara. Upon receiving the mascara, I noticed it was dry and unusable. I immediately contacted HSN's customer support to advise, in which they told me to return. I returned the product and for some reason they are stating never received back. So, due to being lost n the mail they refused me a refund and pretty much stated SOL on me!

So, now they continue to charge me for mascara that was returned to them!!

I will NEVER EVER purchase another item from HSN again! Their product quality was extremely poor and they do NOT HONOR their return policy!!

I have a copy of the return merchandise package slip.

eleanorb34
1/20/19

Bought a gift for my daughter she was very excited about. 1st one broken and returned shipped. 2nd one was also broken. HSN would not honor the fact that # 2 was broken and I would have to pay for a new one until return received. When asked to talk to a supervisor the final reply was the "computer" would not allow it. Since when do computers run companies. Totally have lost my trust with HSN. No more shopping there for me.

teeh7
12/27/18

I tried to place a order with them but cannot because of the previous tenant! Anyway your loss! Maybe that was a warning to me, not too! I'll take my money$$ to the Q__!!!

amandah322
12/21/18

Took my money, declined my order. How an you take money from someone's account & provide nothing for it. They say they release your money immediately but it an take 3 business days to process and then your bank can take 1-30 days to refund it to your account. They should approve or deny you Flexpay before they take the money from your account. Now my Christmas is ruined because they took the last of our money that was to buy my kids gifts!

taneeshad
11/8/18

I have been trying to place an order wnd cant due to m address being blocked because of the previous tenant in my apartment. People move in and out of apartments. I dont think its right to go by address instead of individual customer. HSN you are missing out on a lot of money by doing this.thank God for QVC.

vivianw53
10/28/18

I returned 3 things using the prepaid labels enclosed in the package. I was never given credit for my returns. I am shocked as this is the first time that this has happened in my 20 years of dealing with them. I am out of over $80 as they refused to do anything about my return. QVC is much better for dealing with as far as returns are concerned. In the future, I am warning everyone about their return policy and their ability to take your money and not work with you--at all.

ednad15
10/27/18

I returned my product and did exactly what they instructed for me to do. Been getting the run around. Waste of my time and money. Never get my refund. I gave up on this company. Pleas take your business elsewhere FOR YOUR OWN SAKE!!!

amys528
10/26/18

I can honestly say in the 20+ years I have been shopping online this is my first really negative experience. While watching the absolutely breathless presentation for a blendtec blender I was encourage to try the product because after all you can always return the item if you dont like it. What they fail to tell you is Blendtec does not participate in the easy return process at HSN leaving you to ship it back via the post office at a whopping $35.00 charge. Who would ever take the chance of ordering something and getting stuck with a return fee that high. Since I am a HSN customer I feel it is there responsibility to inform customers of this process up front. CS seems to think they have no responsibility because Blendtec chooses not to participate in the easy return process available. What garbage they know if they would tell you this upfront you would not order the produc. HSN would obviously rather risk losing customers to make a sale. BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE!!!!!

charlenes78
9/29/18

Ordered an item early Aug - product defective. I called HSN & they issued me a UPS prepaid return label. Product returned Aug 21st. They shipped a new order which was also defective. I returned 2nd product Sept 11th. As of yesterday no credits have been issued. I checked delivery of UPS return and HSN received the item Aug 28th (yes a month ago)! They don't want to check for the 2nd return because I don't have a tracking #. This is awful customer service. I hate having to do a companies work as I don't work for HSN yet they expect me to do their work! No more shopping at HSN!

melissap133
9/29/18

published review 9/29/18
Do not buy a phone from them. I love HSN and purchase regulary. I bought a Samsung s8 plus for $804. I Paid my last payment on 9/21/18. I broke the phone on 9/28/18. I did not expect anything from HSN until I went to register the phone and could not. I contacted samsung to have it registered and repaired only to be told the phone is international and cannot be registered or repaired in the United States there is no way possible for them to even get parts. I was not told this when I purchased the phone. I want my money back and HSN feel it is not their problem.

manuelk25
9/26/18

Purchased 4 Samsung Tracfones with 1200 minutes text and data.3 out of 4 phones were fine. The 4th never worked even after spending hours with Tracfone. I tried to return the brand new phone back to HSN but after 30 days they choose not to be honest or helpful and will not take the new phone back. They kept my money and I am stuck with A new phone that wont connect. Land Pirates

paula342
9/13/18

HSN 11 months ago they said my credit card charge for a flex pay was denied. I have not received communication any concerning this. They stink!!

travisg59
8/6/18

Made my first purchase which I received a confirmation for. Then after 4 hours or so I received and email saying my order was cancelled. I emailed support but didn't hear anything so I started a chat with support who informed me to call back during business hours and that my payment would take 1-3 days to credit back to my account, It is now day 4. Wont be using this crap again

karenr362
6/3/18

Beware of HSN. If you order on flex pay, watch your payments very carefully. If you want to pay in full before your flex pay date is up, you will still be charged! They will show a credit balance on your account and then they will charge another payment and tell you you don't have a credit balance. They are rip offs! Their customer service is extremely combative and rude to say the least. I will NEVER buy anything from them again. For those that have not experienced what others have.... you will eventually. I had a good experience at first too. Once they have you - then they begin their creative accounting with you and rip you off.

cathys189
5/28/18

After reading their "easy return policy" I ordered a dress. Their return policy states full refund including original shipping and handling. Dress did not work out, so I returned it. There was a shipping label and tracking number included with my invoice, so that part was very easy. What I had a problem with is the fact that they charge a return insurance fee, that you are not made aware of until you receive your item and the fee amount is listed. I called and was told that it states that on their web site. I looked everywhere on their web site and even typed in "return fee", "refund policy" and those only took me back to what their policy openly states...full refund. Nowhere does it mention the return insurance fee. After arguing for quite sometime they agreed to remove the $7.95 insurance fee. Just beware that they do not offer a "FULL REFUND".

christinaa93
5/18/18

The customer service is deplorable! I DO NOT recommend this retailer, they ship damaged product, provided a song and dance to return faulty products, lie about how they will remedy the problem and still require the customer to jump through hoops to get a refund.
After ordering $246.62 in origami shelves in February 2018, they arrived and were so damaged and bent that they could not be locked into place or used. After 3 call and getting lied to and the run around UPS was superposed to pick them up. I spoke to Linda at 727-872-5861 to resolve this problem - at first it appeared to be helpful;however, UPS never picked up the shelves and according to Linda the request was made 3 times.
At this point, I just want my refund and to move on, but that is not going to happen. Now it is the end of May 2018 and this problem is still going. After calling Linda today and letting her know the credit for damaged shelves is still not there, she became very snippy and rude. Then told me to call 1-800-284-3900 and ask for a Customer Accounts Supervisor. That was a bold face lie! Again the run around because they cannot and will not do their jobs! So, 4 months later I am still getting the run around on damaged product they sold.
DO NOT buy anything from HSN! They do not operate with morals, honor or ethics. Their behavior is shameful and disrespectful - shop elsewhere so you too do not have these problems!

leeb172
4/19/18

Tried to establish my own account with HSN. They insisted on talking to my wife since she has her own account. Can't surprise her with a gift if she is included. Never seen such incompetence. BUYER BEWARE!!!!! Can't give less than one star or I would.

elizabethf107
4/16/18

HSN is affiliated with Comenity Bank and they will do everything they can to try to make you pay more for the item you ordered and destroy your credit in the process. Their whole payment system is designed to confuse the customer and get you to make more payments and if you don't they send it right to the credit bureau's...I'm actually in the process of suing this company!! BE WARNED: DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM - TOTAL RIP-OFFS!!

22 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

They tell u how long u hv to activate that phone! It's called 'pay attention'. I've been with them over 15 yrs. I do a lot of shopping online. Can't beat the returns or customer service. Watch ur items for 30 day price decrease. They refund the difference!! I hv a blast getting $$ back.

By Linda D.

Contact attorney general of your state and Florida.

By Robin t.

I cancelled my order online at one time and they refunded the money within 24 hours to my bank. Otherwise I would suggest you call Customer Service for further details. As far as I know I never had any problems with HSN.

By Kim L.

Shipping Problems are completely different from selling shoddy merchandize!

By Richard V.

Questions? Get answers from the HSN staff and other customers.

6 Photos for HSN