Review of HSN

Tel: 1-800-284-5757
patrick_vonderhaar@hsn.com

deniseb169
1/19/18

Just to inform everyone buying a large item on the 18 month interest free plan and trying to pay flex payments in full each month from HSN is a joke. We bought a 65" TV for Christmas on their 18 month plan and my husband bought several items on flex pay. I thought I was paying in full for the flex pay total for the month, and that next months flex pay payment would pay them in full and I would just pay the TV off in two equal payments the next month. Easy enough right? Wrong!! I look at February's bill and I have interest charged from the flex pay total which I thought I paid in full. I called and HSN told me I had to pay $74 toward the TV that had no interest for 18 months!! They told me this was told to us when we bought it. It was not!! Nor was it on our statement. So every payment I make, $74 comes off the top to go toward a TV that has 0% interest for 18 months. Does that make sense? and anything else goes toward the balance that is drawing interest!! I told them I know exactly why it wasn't explained when we bought the TV. No one in their right mind would deal with them. I told them that's why I prefer QVC. Wish my husband had listened.

bobn52
1/10/18

I ordered Azpen Tablet 10.1 32 GB with 500 MB free WI FI per month. The first product was sent without the mfg box being sealed wrapped. Upon opening the mfg box, I noticed the tablet's screen was all scratched up indicating it had to be used. Then I noticed fingerprints on the leather casing. If it were new- direct from the MFG, it would be sealed wrapped and in pristine condition. They did an exchange. Upon receiving the second item, the same issue. Unsealed mfg box, screen scratched and fingerprints. When I wanted to do an exchange, they said we can only do one exchange and that no inventory is available. This is funny and exploitative!! When I was getting the exchange they stated it is out of inventory and upon availability they would sent it out. So now that I received the exchange they are claiming the product is out again. So what happened to the inventory- they just received in order to send out my exchange?? The answer is clear, they received a return from another customer and tried to land me a used product once again. HSN sucks with its customer relations and they promotional TV ads are bogus. Stay away it pays to buy at the higher price to get something you buy in a definitive new condition

Tip for consumers: Stay way pay more at the original MFG or retailer so you know you
are getting is sealed, new and unused

janety18
12/30/17

the HP laptop i bought from HSN was sold as a new windows 10 computer. It was in fact and older model. HSN had simply upgraded the operating system. also, their life time tech support is out of business leaving customer out of luck. don't fret, Vtec was just out to sell you more stuff anyway.

tonyl117
12/7/17

HSN is dedicated to good business practices. My latest purchase was tracked to delivery - but UPS did not leave the package at my address - do not know where it went! Thought HSN was sending a replacemen; but ten days later, my follow up phone call discovers they were on investigation mode, have not acted yet. They finally did send a replacement. The Curtis Stone Dura-Diamond and stainless steel ware look excellent.

Three week transaction> Nov 18 order confirmed, Dec 6 final arrival. Merchant is not going to bend backwards when merchandise is insured; meanwhile delivery drivers make mistakes. At least I do appreciate having someone on the phone to placate my
consumer experience.

lesliep60
12/5/17

customer service is not very helpful about my hsn card keep decline due to address block customer service said that someone is using my address and that the reason my card keep decline ,customer service said i have to change address! what? and they cant help me , and also said its probably someone i know is using it lol hahahaha there so stupid i would never recomend hsn anymore there bad customer service

lorenas11
12/2/17

I can't describe the feeling. On Nov 25, ordered 13.3 MacBook Air with airpods with a 2 day delivery shipping fee. Our son leaves for Navy bootcamp on 12/5 and I wanted to give him an early Christmas gift. I am still not able to track package (12/2/17) they have a $1600 credit hold on my account, won't let me cancel order or get a refund. I've called 6 times since the 27th to check status and NO ONE can tell me when/if I will get a delivery. My baby leaves in 2 days.. REALLY DISAPPOINTED... Cancelling my HSN card.

sw813
12/1/17

HSN sent wrong teeter model now want our group to pay $60.00 plus to return it ! At 70 pounds its heavier than than a paperweight.We wont buy again.

jameyb12
11/27/17

I placed an order 3 wks. ago and received it on time. I placed a second order about 2 wks. ago and it was sent to an address I lived at 10 yrs. ago. I tried and tried to get help and no one could retrieve my package. I followed their instructions perfectly. HSN told me to call them when it was delivered to this old address in another city. I did that. They informed me that hopefully the people will turn it in to their Post Office. Also, the order I placed one item was no longer available. I asked them if they receive the old pkg. that they send it to me. I was told no there was a wait list. No one will help me. I dont believe I will be ordering from them again. Remember you are on your own once they ship your package.

isabelled14
11/17/17

Does not stand behind their products and offering misleading information concerning their products and business practices.

beckiej
11/15/17

Tried to place an order online for a Dell 17.3" AMD A8 8GB/1 TB Win 19 Laptop. Called HSN customer service and come to find out, before I even had a HSN credit card, there was a previous bill that I owed $14.98 for some jeggings back in 2014 that I didn't finish paying for on their flex plan. Must I say, that I haven't even used the card since I got it and they didn't even know anything about the bill till I called, and that's when they decided to place the hold on my account at that time and not before I tried to order something!

So I had to call them back because I wasn't comfortable with the call because the lady was asking me all sorts of questions as if she didn't have or know my information! So I told the lady I would call back because I felt uncomfortable with the call. Not knowing after the call, that she had me doomed already which is "blocking" myaccount!!!

So I call Synchrony Bank to get some answers and they transferred me to an HSN Representative!!! Finally the lady tells me my HSN credit card account is on hold because of the past billl for $14.98 back in 2014 that has absolutely nothing to do with my credit card. I didn't even have a HSN credit card back in 2014. I used my own funds to purchase the item. So after paying the $14.98 I tried to order the laptop again today and couldn't. Had to call HSN customer service AGAIN!!! So the Collection Representative tells me I owe $14.98. I tell her that I already paid it but why is my account still on hold? Oh yes I see it has been paid says the rep! So I ask her why was my credit card placed on hold anyway when the $14.98 had nothing to do with my account? She was like it does have something to do with your account.

How stupid!!!!! HSN placed my HSN credit card on HOLD for $14.98. Really???? This is totally ridiculous!!!!! I really had high standards for HSN, but after this, I ll never waste the time to even watch their channel!!!!! I've heard so many negative things about the card, I'm really scared to use the damn thing!!!!! It's like nightmare on elm street!!!!

janetm127
10/15/17

I never write reviews about products until now. My advise to anyone who's interested in order a mattress is don't!!!!! One thing that HSN doesn't tell you is that there's a $155 charge to have the mattress picked up if you don't like it. I'm trying to figure out what the benefit is on ordering a mattress from HSN, none!!!!!!

joans114
10/10/17

HSN is now pushing their big "Free Exchange" offer! Forget it!! I have ordered two products, a top that the sleeves reached almost to the knees, and DG2 Stretch Embroidered Jeans that were too small. I returned both, one to have my money refunded and the jeans for a larger size. They did not exchange my jeans, money was refunded on both items. This is a fraudulent claim. Your items are not exchanged, due to more shipping costs. Don't fall victim to this "Free Exchange" offer.

aggieb3
10/7/17

i had good experience with this company ordering is no hassle. there is always someone to help you when you call the 800 numbers, hassle free

jjt7
9/26/17

what good is your 30 day guarantee if I have to pay $60 to return a teeter? Your company is bad, and this is the 2nd time I've disliked an HSN product

daveh139
9/8/17

1.0 star rating 9/8/2017
I bought a digi-land tablet and it came in defective. I had bought the warranty and since it was less than a year old, I had to go to the manufacturer who told told me they would repair it, not replace it and i would have to send it to them at my cost and include $12.00 for them to return it to me. I RECEIVED THIS PRODUCT DAMAGED AND I HAVE TO PAY THEM FOR SHIPPING. and i don't even get a new unit, i get a defective one that is repaired.

thomash85
9/8/17

I am/was a new customer ordering 2 sport t-shirts last weekend. There is no tracking info as if the order has never been filled & they ignored an email I sent them requesting an update. I will stick with QVC.

vm10
8/28/17

Be careful returning items. I sent two boxes to the same destination and now they have a return service one of the boxes was received right away delivered by USPS the other box for some unknown reason was shipped UPS and I was told I would have to wait 5 to 7 days for my refund then today I received a confirmation of return on one of the items out of the second box and I called the customer service rep and she said that even though one of the items in the Box was received it could take up to eight more days for the rest of the items to show as returned I think this is a bunch of bull crap.

deniser61
8/21/17

Vitimans, jewelry, clothing, and home items. Love the website, videos on how to wear, select and up to date fashions ar great prices.

marionn5
8/14/17

So a new soap product was online...I never heard about it and went to the vendors website. It was LESS expensive then the "BIG SPECIAL" HSN was running....So I called them and they apologized. The next time I ran into this SAME problem, something was being sold in real time on HSN for WAY more $$$ and I asked for customer service...I got a manager (Allegedly) and they told me and I quote "Of course it will always be less direct from the merchant" So I asked then why would I shop with HSN? I tried to explain, having run companies during my life, that the buyer for HSN needs to have an agreement that for 30 days the vendor would not offer the same product at a lower price. Also, we bought a phone with triple minutes for life. So we went to buy more minutes and Tracphone offered a better rate then if we bought it by logging in to the account we set up with Tracphone & HSN...So when you can get 750 mins straightup with Tracphone or get 200 mins tripled for the same price...guess who must get a cut of the perpetual more expensive minutes...Yup...HSN...You can never believe a deal is really a good one unless you do some legwork first and HSN has lost me as a customer because their attitude was "So what"....I tried to explain about how important retention is....they just didn't care...

maryannm35
8/3/17

HSN has their "todays special offers" when the items are not even available for a month out! This makes no sense. Dont offer things that are not available.

evelynew
7/24/17

One day late on payment and was charged $35.00 in late fees. I think this is way out of line since I have been a customer for over 10 years. Don't think I will be shopping there any more.

jans154
7/3/17

I purchased three items from HSN on line. The arrival time for the package came and went. I tried tracking my order on line. There was no information available. I called them and they said there was a problem with the order. Really? Several weeks have gone by. Do you think they could have contacted me? I could have purchased from another source. I will never buy from them. Do not waste your time. You will be disappointed.

alexr157
6/29/17

If you like your stress to be at low level don't ever buy from them they are full of crap company who I filling a lawsuit against in New Jersey and it's ridiculous how they treat people i placed an order with their HSN credit card and they said well credit card can confirm you but we can't who does that I waited for days for no reason horrible horrible place

shayg6
6/27/17

I was once a loyal customer but after how they treated me I will NEVER give them a dime of my money again. I tried to order an item but they blocked my address because my son who has his own credit card, social security number and job ordered through them and didn't finish his last flex pay. I explained how its not fair to make me suffer when I have never missed any payments and have paid for all of my purchases. The rep said it doesn't matter. I even offered to change the shipping address and she said it doesn't matter because the billing address is the same. I spoke to a supervisor and he said sorry but have him call us to straighten out his account. He didn't care that a loyal customer was trying to place an order and PAY FOR IT. All he cared about was money they were owed from someone in my household. There is a reason why everyone in the world has a unique social security number. There is a reason why we all have our own INDIVIDUAL credit reports. So for this company to make me not be able to order something for someone else's mistake is just absurd and its their loss.

barbarar158
6/21/17

Lindsay tablet was easy to set up and to use the tablet. Cost and warranty great price. Getting help with tablet was easy ,everyone I spoke to was very nice and helpful.

Thank you so very much.

22 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

They tell u how long u hv to activate that phone! It's called 'pay attention'. I've been with them over 15 yrs. I do a lot of shopping online. Can't beat the returns or customer service. Watch ur items for 30 day price decrease. They refund the difference!! I hv a blast getting $$ back.

By Linda D.

Contact attorney general of your state and Florida.

By Robin t.

I cancelled my order online at one time and they refunded the money within 24 hours to my bank. Otherwise I would suggest you call Customer Service for further details. As far as I know I never had any problems with HSN.

By Kim L.

Shipping Problems are completely different from selling shoddy merchandize!

By Richard V.

Questions? Get answers from the HSN staff and other customers.

6 Photos for HSN