House of Fraser

House of Fraser has a consumer rating of 1.36 stars from 83 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about House of Fraser most frequently mention customer service, faulty item and full refund problems. House of Fraser ranks 72nd among Department Store sites.

No positive highlights yet

• For something that was their mistake in the first place the customer service is appalling!
How would you rate House of Fraser?

“Everything perfect”

Valentina F.
5/7/20

I never write reviews but i have to, cause i saw a lot of bad ones and to be honest i was vey scared, but i ordered two items yesterday and i choose the next day delivery and it came now at 9:45, i received from them 3 emails in time, and the items looks perfect. They give a hanger with the t shirt i ordered from the same brand. I will order more in future. Thank you HOF.

“Callous, shabby, poor quality”

Anne V.
2/9/20

I bought 2 dinner services for nearly £300 before Christmas. The crockery arrived smashed. I was expected to get the 15kg 3'x3'x4' soaking wet box to the Post Office. I'm disabled and use a wheelchair. They didn't care. My carer helped me return the box. I still don't have my money back. I survive on disability benefits, £300 is a huge sum of money to me. Rent is now hard to pay for and I'm living on soup. They don't care. Don't give them any money, shop elsewhere, anywhere else.

customer service (43)
annev73
February 9th, 2020

edwardc471
May 31st, 2020

Avoid this retailer at all costs. DO NOT be taken in by what once was a prestigious name.
This retailer bears no resemblance to the House of Fraser that was.
It is now a tin pot company of the same elk as Sports Direct with awful Customer Service.
I ordered a camping table which never arrived, after repeated requests for a table or a refund still nothing!
I urge anyone who is considering making a purchase from HOF to go elsewhere.

mariusg14
April 7th, 2021

I have ordered a pare or trainers that costs 159 pounds. Besides the fact that, they arrived faulty in 3 places I have returned them and expected a full refund. That didn't happen! Using pay pall pay in 3 the first payment was for 56 pounds, but they returned 46.34 pounds! I have to chase after my own money! Why is that? Low esteem company with no bright future!

carolb2106
July 4th, 2021

Avoid this company for any items that need to be tried on for size. Their returns policy is appalling and loaded to deter anyone from returning something that doesn't fit. A pair of £15 canvas shoes cost £4.99 whether they were delivered or click and collect. When they were too large I discovered I would bear the return postage cost and had to post them in the shoebox! What a swindle! What appalling customer service! Avoid!

Tip for consumers:
Don’t buy from House of Fraser online

Shoes

ianm616
July 20th, 2021

Bought a product advertised as Eau de Toilette for £52 only to find it is after shave. The product page clearly says Eau de Toilette however they dispute it as the product code on the box is correct and matches the product code on their website. Basically it's my fault as I read the english description and didn't know the product codes were wrong. The WORST customer service, still not resolved

tamarag1
July 22nd, 2013

I do like this website.
I recently ordered a Paperdolls floral dress from their website and had it delivered here. The shipping fee of 10 pounds (for delivery from UK to Singapore) was a little expensive considering that many international clothing sites (e.g. ShopBop) that I've ordered from will provide free international shipping with a minimum purchase. ShopBop's intl shipping was free and faster and also had tracking information, unlike House of Fraser.

Nonetheless, my clothing arrived within 10 days as promised. I'm happy with that. :) The dress is lovely, and at 60 pounds it's a bargain.

What annoyed me was that I wrote a great review for the dress, and the website told me it was rejected as it 'didn't meet their review guidelines'. I said really good things about the dress! So I know that the reason it was rejected was I said the dress was very similar to a dress from the Dolce and Gabbana 2013 collection. That's the whole reason I bought it, as that D&G dress was sold out. House of Fraser must be scared that people will think the dress is basically a designer knock-off, which it WAS. U can even email me and i'll show u pics of the 2 dresses, lol.

garyp631
December 3rd, 2020

Ordered a Levi's jacket that was never posted.No customer services number to call, it doesn't exist. They took £97 payment straight away and no way of finding out what happened to my item. Disgusting service, shop elsewhere as you have no guarantee that your item will arrive, they can't even get the basics right. Trading standards UK have been contacted. Avoid.

judem52
July 6th, 2021

I bought a treadmill from House of Fraser and it was two weeks late being delivered, came with a bashed up box, missing a power cable and on top of that they've moderated by poor review of them on their site, twice! They clearly don't like criticism aimed at helping them improve.

valentinaf12
May 7th, 2020

kezh
November 27th, 2020

Ordered 15th November, delivery within 2-5 days. Received email saying item had been dispatched but only to go on to the tracking link to be informed' we are expecting your parcel from the sender'
I've sent emails to question where my order is, completed web messages. NOTHING! No contact telephone number to ring Customer Service.
Shocking Customer Service!
Will never be ordering from HOF again!

ruthh667
February 27th, 2021

I've always been a fan of HOF, until it's takeover. Well. Just read all reviews down over, that says it all really. It's is now just another Sports Direct, full of high end tat. Bring back the old style and customers may return. Stop charging for click and collect that's shocking. Free delivery over a certain amount. And treat customers with a bit respect.

debc100
October 9th, 2018

Ordering on line is still a bit delayed with delivery and no explanation why. But at least it arrived couple of days later. If you require an item by certain date I'm not sure I would risk ordering on line.

marilyng27
February 19th, 2018

I have been shopping at HoF for over 4 years online. I have purchased a range of different clothes, bags and other accessories and I've always received a great service. I'm really happy with their goods, I found them reliable as I needed an outfit for a wedding and the delivery was fast. I have also used their return service without any issues. I will definitely be buying again.

vanas6
May 24th, 2020

I've ordered by house of Fraser since 28th of April and still showing like my order is "awaiting courier to pick up ", I've been trying to contact them since then but no reply (and you can't find any phone number) I've been so stressful as I've spend £235 on this order. Now I'm so tired and just want my money back and I'll never order by house of Fraser again. Don't waste your money as they'll not refund you or send what you're meant to receive. At16th of May I made a compalin and they wrote back:"you'll receive your order in next 10 days " but still nothing..

gregk424
March 19th, 2021

AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

On the 10th of March I had order two pair of trousers, which were dispatched on the 13th of March. They were lost somewhere on the way and House of Fraser is refusing to return my money, even though they charged me £4.99 for delivery.
They use Hermes as a delivery company, which is the least reliable courier in the UK.
This is what its written on Hermes website:
"
11:08 - Sat Mar 13
We're sorry your parcel has been delayed, we'll have it on the move in the next 24 hours"

And since then nothing.
Moreover, I have received the worst customer service from House of Fraser. They don't want to refund my money saying that they are waiting for Hermes to act upon.

waynep261
April 30th, 2021

I ordered on 13th April with next day delivery, items still not arrived. I have e-mailed customer services several times but all I get told is that there is a "slight delay" with their warehouse despatch.
So don't expect next day, 3-4 day or even 7-10 day delivery from them at the moment. I know Covid has delayed most things but they really ought to update their website & be honest with the delivery times!

brianr1049
February 20th, 2021
• Updated review

I had an e-mail from HoF requesting I contact HoF to resolve my problem after they had initially refused.
After thirteen e-mails back and forth, HoF are still refusing to send my second item (Buy one and get one free) - a complete waste of my time and they won't publish my complaint on their site as they state it doesn't meet their criteria, I assume they will only publish favourable posts.

Review blocked by House of Fraser
February 8th, 2021
• Previous review

I received some terrible service from HoF and when I wrote a review to their site after they refused to rectify my complaint, I received the following from them:
''Your review cannot be approved at this time because it:
Shipping or fulfilment focused''
So there you have it, if HoF don't like your review they refuse to publish - what a company!

Home Accessories

micheller1056
December 12th, 2020

Avoid this company, my item never arrived. I have been emailing and sending "tickets" for the last 2 weeks and have had no response whatsoever. There is no email, no telephone number. This company's customer service is shocking, avoid online orders at all costs, you will lose your money.

mirandal75
October 28th, 2020

Charged £5 for postage, & HoF refused to issue pre paid return label. Checked price for postage online... circa £2.50 one way.
Rubbish customer service.
Its the little things that count... wil NEVER shop with them again

annp20
February 2nd, 2015

House of Fraser are fantastic to deal with, packed well and efficient.
They are in the UK and I order from Australia.
Clothing always comes in good order. But watch the sizes you have
To be aware they are not the same as Australian sizes so you need
To read the measurement charts on each garment as each manufacturer
Has a slightly different measurement.
They have to have the most comprehensive site I have seen for fashion.

batshevat
April 14th, 2021
Verified purchase

I will be involving my lawyers with House of Fraser they have stayed with £1,600 purchase and they keep on passing you to different named Customer Service. Do not purchase! Be Careful!
BAD BAD BAD NEWS!

Tip for consumers:
Don't purchase nothing bad reviews wish I'd read them before I've been scammed by House of Fraser

Bad Service
Fraudulent

stevek663
May 15th, 2020

I placed and paid for George Foreman on 27 April paid extra to get it delivered on a next working day still waiting sending emails on a daily basis no communication coming back from customer service would not recommend

naughtu
May 19th, 2020

I was told i was going to be getting a table tennis table in 3-14 business days. That was 8 days ago and have just now been sent an email to choose a delivery time which is 10 days from now.

I really don't think anyone should buy from here unless you want late delivery and zero help from the distributor

Honestly the worst customer service i have ever received from any company

giadac1
December 29th, 2020

Ordered for next day delivery and it still hasn't arrived after 6 days of waiting. Also, they cancelled an order as they said its not longer on stock but they told me after a few days.
Misleading and unprofessional, they have lost a customer and i do not recommend no one to shop there.

shelleyd100
December 15th, 2020

They never delivered the shoes I bought, they stopped replying to my emails asking for a refund about two weeks ago now. Will file a formal complaint with the police as they are just stealing your money.

Impossible to speak to anyone. Wait forever for emails and the RESPONCE just fobs you off.

By Edward C.

I am sorry for not able to help. If i were you i wouldn't take the risk as their after service is so incompetent. If they cant manage a local returned item, i dont think they can handle an oversea one.

By wanda r.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the House of Fraser staff and other customers.

Shop from our wide range of products at the UK's premium department store. FREE delivery on orders over? 50 or Buy online and Collect in store.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about House of Fraser?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.4
Have a question about House of Fraser?