Review of House of Fraser

Tel: 0345 602 1073
weddinglist@houseoffraser.co.uk

yiotam
1/21/19

I made an order from their website . I payed with paypal.
I never received any confirmation but i can see that the payment is pending on paypal. I contacted them and they said i didn't make any order. I contacted paypal and they said they can't release the money that are holding (my paypal balance) , only the merchant can capture the amount or release it . That means i have to wait 30 days for paypal to release the money. I spoke so many times with house of fraser. Gave them the id transaction etc. THey say the same thing! We have no order from you. So i have to wait 30 days for automatically be released from paypal. The people on their chat couldn't care less they even kicked me out when they didn't want to talk to me anymore.

nualak1
1/17/19

I ordered a photo frame online but received no confirmation. After three unanswered emails, three store visits to Oxford Street an 17 phone calls I eventually got my purchase. Although the woman working in the Collection department was helpful and efficient, one of the biggest problems is that House of Fraser reception do not answer the phone and when they do are rude beyond belief. No wonder their stores are closing down. First and last time ordering from them.

emmam186
1/1/19

I bought two matching ceramic homewares as part of a set in early December online from the House of Fraser. They arrived in a plastic bag. One of the items was in a box and seemed undamaged ( I didn't open the security packaging). The other item, a platter, was not in a box. Rather it was wrapped in bubble wrap. I could see that it was badly smashed through the wrap.
I tried to contact HofF through several means until yesterday. I received generic replies from them, which were not relevant and of no help. It was impossible to call anyone at the HofF. I then tried to contact them through the MSE service, Resolver. I received the same generic replies. Yesterday, I decided to take the products back to the Victoria (London) branch.
There were three people on the customer service desk on the second floor. Dealing with them was really unpleasant. After explaining what had happened and despite the platter being obviously smashed and the security tape still intact, they questioned me as to whether it had arrived intact. The first person passed the matter onto a colleague. They were clueless as to my rights. I was due a full refund on the damaged goods as well as the intact goods. They then told me that I could have a refund on the damaged goods and a gift card for the undamaged goods. I argued that as I had bought them as a set, I should get a refund on the two items. I told them that I had had to buy another item (from another store).
They refused and pointed me to the invoice that states that if you return in store, you are entitled to a refund to a gift card. They said that in order to get a full refund, I had to return them through the post (at my expense). I said that neither scenarios applied as the items were damaged.
They refused to listen to me and kept on offering the gift card option. I thought that they were offering a refund on the damaged item and a gift card option on the undamaged item. I finally agreed to this as I was getting so frustrated by them. The final insult came when they gave me the gift card for the two items. I took the gift card and told them that would never shop with HofF again. They did not seem to care. I was so incensed by this and want to warn everyone not to shop at this place again. Before Mike Astley got a stake in this shop, I was a loyal customer. Never again.

susant59
12/28/18

Ordered clothes on line as nearest store is over 100 miles away. Didn't know I had to pay postage but thought , this is the last time as they never used to. So a one off, £4.99. Got the parcel, no returns label, no invoice. Items did not fit. No printer to print out label so asked but no one to speak to. Thinking one would not come to me, I drove to store and instore was told they now do not take reurns to refund money. Over £170 between the 2 items. Only exchanges instore but didn't want to throw money away on what i didn't want. Came home and finally got return label only to find out I had to pay to return too !!! Took parcel to P.O. and was told to send safely to insure it it would cost £8 to send to them. Unbelievable. I hope this store rots. People wise up. We're just pawns to line their greedy pockets. Abominable way to treat the public.

grantb63
12/20/18

Ordered sheets on the 23rd November. It was due for delivery on the 3rd November. I can see from tracking that it arrived at my "local depot" on the 30th so I thought I was getting it Monday, of course it didn't arrive.

I've tried to contact HOF, but like everyone else I can't call (no number available), there is no online chat every time I've visited the site and there has been no response to emails.

Tried raising a dispute on resolver but still no answer, just the generic automated reply.

Contacted the courier company and they said the parcel must be lost and to contact HOF. Absolute joke.

Don't use these guys, terrible terrible customer service. In my case I'm now having to raise a dispute with my card provider (at least my bank has a phone number). More hassle than it's worth.

danielp517
12/19/18

Following the takeover by Sports Direct my £195 of gift vouchers are apparently no longer valid. I am disgusted with this level of customer service and HoF has lost me and all my family as long term loyal customers. I wish then all the best in the future as they will need it. They will have lost 1000s of customer as a result of this I hope

moirad1
12/17/18

I placed my order three weeks ago through House of Fraser website and the expected delivery was within 5 working days.

I still have not received my item (a bracelet) and because it was for a birthday present, I had to spend additional time and money to get a new item from another store.

I have contacted House of Fraser several times asking to cancel my order and get my money back. The response I got was disappointing, frustrating and irritating.

"We are investigating your case; however, we do not know when we will refund the money because first we have to determine what caused the loss and where the item is.When we get the item back we will start the refund process"

I do not care what caused the loss and where the item is, this is an issue that should concern only House of Fraser and do not affect the customers.

I just want my money back asap because I have not received the item I bought three weeks ago. It's such a simple request!

I did not expect such a horrible delivery service from a well-established brand like House of Fraser!

Not Enough Bad Adjectives to Describe my experience with House of Fraser.
I strongly advice not to buy from this retailer online.

elvinaf
11/23/18

Absolutely rediculous that items bought online can not be returned to store for a refund , but most be posted at cost to customer. Bet refund is not fast either, all going back to be reordered from John Lewis.

kd124
11/22/18

Hoff online is taking money for orders but providing no proof of purchase. No receipt or order number or any indication of whether you will ever get the goods. There currently appears to be no working phone line, customer service dept or accounts dept. Emails receive an automated reply. Check out other reviews elsewhere and their T & C's before purchasing anything here!

yol2
10/12/18

THEIR FAT GREEDY BOSS MIKE ASHLEY DESERVES TO COLLAPSE, LIKE ALL OF THEIR STORES! "HARRODS OF THE HIGH STREET" HA MORE LIKE JUNK OF THE STREET!

ALL OF YOU AT HOUSE OF FRASER ARE DIRTY THIEVING SCOUNDRELS!

debc100
10/9/18

Ordering on line is still a bit delayed with delivery and no explanation why. But at least it arrived couple of days later. If you require an item by certain date I'm not sure I would risk ordering on line.

susheeln
6/19/18

House of Fraser is closing half of it its stores in the UK. No wonder they got to this situation with the kind of unfriendly staff they employ. We were walking past the Reading Oracle store on a Sunday afternoon and noticed a beautiful black dotted dress displayed on a mannequin. We went into the store and asked one of the employees where we can find this dress in the store. And she politely refused to help saying "I am sorry, I am at this counter, you can go around the store and look". Our jaws dropped at this attitude; not that she was serving any customer at that time! And my wife was quick to respond with "thank you, you have been very helpful". There were not many people in the store that afternoon. We walked away further down the store and asked another employee at the till. And this employee was not attending to any customer at the time we asked her. Her polite reply was similar to the first one "I am sorry but I am serving at this till". "Serving who?" was the question we asked ourselves and walked further down. At this stage my wife wanted to walk out of the store. She stayed in because of me as I wanted to buy that dress for her as she would have looked great in it! On my insistence she went further ahead and asked another employee and this time my wife mentioned to her that we have been trying to get help and no one seems to be willing to help! the employee said that she will call the manager and went on the phone and spent 2 minutes talking to someone. And then she asked which display window it was. We told her that this was the downstairs display window. The employee went and looked at the dress and came back and said that she will call the manager. She went on the phone and was talking to someone for about 5 minutes and we were asked to wait for the manager to come. After a few minutes she walks to us and says "Let me go and have another look" . she went down and returned after 5 minutes only to tell us where we can find this dress - not that she would come with us to show the dress. We went to the said section of the store only to find that she had directed us to the wrong dress!
Three employees, thirty minutes in the shop and they couldn't get the dress we asked for! Best to close down the business! Please spend some time, energy and budget on training the staff on the basics of customer service.

neilab
Lana S.
6/16/18

I had few encounters with HOF customer services : five times (different orders)regarding their delivery courier UK Mail who are bad at delivering the goods and once in regards to faulty item. Its just a waste of time really. They are not friendly, not helpful and treat customers as enemies at the gate..What a short sided strategy....

jerryk100
6/1/18

If trying to use e vouchers make sure you dont order more than the voucher value because if items are returned the voucher gets refunded first regardless of the amount you actually end up keeping! Con to keep you buying!

irinas26
5/18/18

Three weeks ago I have returned this dress because it stunk of BO!!! ...it had been worn, returned and sold again :(((...I've complained to customers services about this. Lets hope it has been dry cleaned before going back on sale....
Very embarrassing HOUSE OF FRASER!!!
Product code: D786251-Long Sleeved Round Neck Maxi Dress

gh65
5/11/18

The real metal of a business is tested when things go wrong and this is a business made of straw. The staff and systems at HOF seem to conspire together to give one of the poorest customer service experiences Ive encountered online. Rude call centre staff based in a non English speaking country, glacially slow refunds and a cant do attitude across the board. Do yourself a favour and keep scrolling if you find yourself tempted to buy here online. No wonder their financial results are so poor and unless they wake up to themselves theyre heading for worse - my view of spending my hard earned cash with them -NEVER AGAIN!

mariac358
4/20/18

I bought few items, I was pretty sure that the website which selling things worth few hundreds pounds is worth to trust. I WAS WRONG as never before!
The courier left my parcel with my neighbour, she was going away so she left it anyway the front of my door. I haven't received anything, after 4 days the other neighbour brought me my parcel and there was missing 2 things (worth £36.50). I've had many conversations and... they said that there is no chances for refund.. all what I can do is to contact Police....
UNBELIEVEABLE. I'LL NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING from this shop! It's disgusting how they treat their customers. Expensive shop, cheap treatment. I'VE LOST MY MONEY. : [

richardj151
3/6/18

House of Fraser customer service policy = THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS WRONG'. My wife bought me an expensive toilet bag for my birthday via the HoF website. Just before my birthday a random Farah t-shirt turned up. So random no connection was made with the bag and we assumed it was a gift from a friend. When we eventually made the connection a few weeks later (having opened and binned the packaging) we called HoF who conducted a warehouse investigation and emailed (rather than called us back) to tell us that we had definitely been sent the toilet bag therefore we would receive no refund. They posted back the t-shirt we had returned and hadn't ordered. Take the customers word for it? No chance. My wife has since spoken to you three times to try and explain what happened. You believed your warehouse rather than us and as a result you have effectively stolen £155 from us and left us with a worthless t-shirt we couldnt give away. The inference from you is that we are trying to steal from you. Warehouses / distribution centres never make mistakes do they? Yeah right. Try putting your customers first for a change. This is appalling customer service. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. We wont ever again. John Lewis would never behave in this manner towards their customers, which is why John Lewis is a thriving business and this one isn't.

marilyng27
2/19/18

I have been shopping at HoF for over 4 years online. I have purchased a range of different clothes, bags and other accessories and I've always received a great service. I'm really happy with their goods, I found them reliable as I needed an outfit for a wedding and the delivery was fast. I have also used their return service without any issues. I will definitely be buying again.

mashr3
2/19/18

I thought House of Fraser a reputable company how wrong l was!!!!!!!
I went into the Maidstone store to purchase a new sofa. I was served by Peter (apparently the furniture manager ??????) I ordered a set of the sofas to be exactly the same as the ones they had on display. Whilst Peter was gathering the paperwork he was telling me all about the evening he had had the night before, how he hadn't had any sleep at all as he had been at the vets with his dog until 4am and then been up early for work. So, I signed all the paperwork and left. Delivery was scheduled for sometime in February. I then received a phone call from the delivery company on Monday 5th February saying that they would deliver on Saturday 10th between 7am and 7pm. Unfortunately there was no way I could be in that day but they said there was no option "Saturday or nothing!" They said if I couldn't be in to take delivery I would need to contact the store I purchased from for a refund as they would not deliver any other day ???? I then had to contact HOF head office but they had no record of my purchase ??? So I had to contact the Maidstone store who finally managed to arrange delivery at a more convenient time. The sofas were then delivered on Wednesday 7th February. To my surprise when the delivery men unwrapped the sofas, they were not the same as the ones I had ordered from the store. The feet were a very dark wood, the ones in the store were oak. I ordered exactly what I had seen on the shop floor! I phoned HOF head office and was told I needed to contact the Maidstone store directly. I then called the Maidstone store directly and they told me I needed to call the head office and they gave me a different number. I called this number and they took my details and assured me someone would call me back. A sales assistant then called me to tell me that Peter was away until the following week and he would call me back upon his return.
By the Tuesday I had still not heard anything so I called the store back.........this time I got to spoke to Peter. He was rude and aggressive with me. On three separate occasions I had to ask him to stop shouting at me. By this time I was feeling very uncomfortable and had to hang the phone up. After I had stopped shaking I called HOF head office which was in Sunderland, with a Sunderland area code and who answered ............. Peter from the Maidstone store???? Brilliant, he then started shouting at me again. He was saying I had specified the dark feet, why would I do this when I wasn't even given a choice of the colour of the feet. I ordered the same as in the store, which was oak. Had I known there was a choice and been given the option, I still would have ordered the oak as that is what I wanted. I then remembered back to him telling me how on the day I had ordered my sofa he had had no sleep the night before, maybe he should have not gone into work that day as it appears HE has made mistakes !

This dispute is ongoing and they have now said that I can have the feet that I first ordered but at an extra cost to myself ? The emails I receive regarding this are unsympathetic and patronising. For something that was their mistake in the first place the customer service is appalling!

To summarise I have had an extremely disappointing experience (that I fear is not over yet) and I would like to warn people to steer clear of this company as they are unknowledgeable, unprofessional, rude and aggressive!!!!!!!!!!!

emmaw95
1/31/18

Absolutely dreadful customer service. As far as the staff are concerned, in all areas, Customer Service Glasgow, the store in Altrincham Cheshire and Head Office, feel that they are right and never the customer.
As the Altrincham store was empty of customers this week, perhaps the staff would prefer to be signing on when it shuts down instead of dealing with customer issue.
On calling the call centre, despite the individual that I spoke to asking me no less than 6 times which store I had been to, he still managed to put Chichester instead of Altrincham - not even remotely similar and a complete waste of a call. He definitley should not be emplyed in customer care.
Will not shop at HOF again as I do not need the stress and lack of care.

juditho10
1/6/18

I recently had to return a faulty item to House of Fraser Worcester. They didn't want to know and staff were both rude and unhelpful. I have been a customer of HOF for many years but will NEVER shop there again. Ironically, I read this morning that after poor sales over Christmas some branches may close. GOOD!! Serves them right.

francescat2
9/29/17

After using my lovely Ralph Lauren bag for a whole 6 weeks the stitching came loose resulting in a giant hole in the side of my bag. I sent this back to HOF which they then kindly re sent the same dam bag back with the same dam hole in it!!! Apparently this is deemed wear and tear (obviously because I carry bricks around in it!! NOT lol) this is clearly a manufacturing fault which they deny. Therefore I am stuck with an item that I cannot use as they state they're manufacturing department cannot overturn this decision. Customer services are rude and an embarrassment to HOF! I would therefore suggest anyone purchasing a Ralph Lauren handbag to think very carefully as neither HOF or Ralph Lauren direct will help to address any potential issues.

nadiag9
6/20/17

No refund for undelivered goods. Going to take a legal action. Their customer service is a bunch of liars.

catherinec60
2/10/17

I returned a faulty garment which my husband purchased from them online as a gift for me. The company claim they have no trace of my husband placing the order or receiving the item back even though the faulty item was returned using the printed label which had the order number on the front and an electronic barcode. The package was also sent via registered packet and it was delivered and signed for by a member of staff so it has either gone missing or been stolen. I have received nothing but dismissive, rude and unhelpful customer service and even resorted to emailing the CEO but the assistance and the response I was received was nothing more that discourteous and uncooperative.

I will never shop with them again and advise others to do the same.

i am sorry for not able to help. if i were you i wouldn't take the risk as their after service is so incompetent. if they cant manage a local returned item, i dont think they can handle an oversea one.

By wanda r.

Questions? Get answers from the House of Fraser staff and other customers.

1 Photo for House of Fraser