House of Fraser

House of Fraser has a consumer rating of 1.53 stars from 47 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. House of Fraser also ranks 25th among Department Store sites. The most common issues with House of Fraser are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• I took the suits to their Westfield store and showed them to Richard, the deputy sales manager.

• Please spend some time, energy and budget on training the staff on the basics of customer service.
  • I was disappointed that house of fraser sent a rejected faulty item directly to another customer.
How would you rate House of Fraser?

“EXCELLENT QUALITY CLOTHES”

Marilyn G.
2/19/18

I have been shopping at HoF for over 4 years online. I have purchased a range of different clothes, bags and other accessories and I've always received a great service. I'm really happy with their goods, I found them reliable as I needed an outfit for a wedding and the delivery was fast. I have also used their return service without any issues. I will definitely be buying again.

“Vile Store Manager Croydon Branch”

Hester A.
9/25/19

Visited the store to return a faulty chain I had bought from Hobbs for my daughter's birthday. Received the most diabolical treatment who claimed to be the Store Manager there (she also claimed to be a lawyer). She abused her power, calling security on myself and my sister to be removed, I was aghast and security did not remove us as there was nothing to be removed for, they too where somewhat confused. She caused an extreme spectacle of herself in front of her staff too. As a life long shopper who spend good money at HoF it sure has changed. This was all to do with an exchange for a faulty chain but when I saw her behaviour I did not want that store to have my hard earned money. As we could not be removed, she decided to get more spiteful and said I could not have the full refund and replaced the broken chain and a receipt for less money than I had paid for it. Despite having my statement as proof of payment. She clearly was clueless as to the law and sales of good act when it comes to faulty goods. However, good did transpire, I was able to go to another branch of Hobbs, explained what happened to a wonderful Store manager. Full refund, she did not even ask to see my bank statement. Avoid this branch at all cost, this woman is vile.

customer service (23) item (19) john lewis (4) customer care (3) customer services (4) store (20) customer service team (3) money (14)
annev73
February 9th, 2020
I bought 2 dinner services for nearly £300 before Christmas. The crockery arrived smashed. I was expected to get the 15kg 3'x3'x4' soaking wet box to the Post Office. I'm disabled and use a wheelchair. They didn't care. My carer helped me return the box. I still don't have my money back. I survive on disability benefits, £300 is a huge sum of money to me. Rent is now hard to pay for and I'm living on soup. They don't care. Don't give them any money, shop elsewhere, anywhere else.
robr204
December 11th, 2019
Avoid Avoid Avoid like EBOLA. Customer services are none existent. They do not reply to emails and they do not refund for returned items.
There are so many people who have had the same experience. They will go out of business within a year. Save yourself the hassle and SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE
michellet347
November 24th, 2019
I really advise people not to buy from HOF on black Friday for Christmas presents. A sales advisor helped me choose Christmas presents for all my male family members. However, my husband tried to rerurn a few items between xmas and new year but because 30 days had past, they wouldnt refund in fall even though he had the receipt. They deducted 20% which was a substantial amount. They are mis selling by promoting black friday to buy xmas presents but fail to warn you that you may lose money by doing so. They took over a year to respond to my complaints too!
hestera2
September 25th, 2019

Avoid this branch at all cost, this woman is vile.
nabeela13
July 23rd, 2019
AVOID ONLINE PURCHASES, SPECIALLY EXPENSIVE ONES!! ONCE THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY YOU WILL HAVE TO BATTLE TO GET IT BACK!

I made an order that was meant to be delivered by my wife's birthday which unsurprisingly came late. I hadn't ordered this online so had sent it back without opening it 2 days after receipt, tracked delivery.

This led to the process of trying to get a refund Fromm House of Fraser for.. 4.5 MONTHS!!

Having ordered in March, I have finally received my refund after an almost 5 month battle with the retailer, and threatieninf legal action, I have finally received a refund but this did not come easy.

Broken stores, shop staff unwilling and unable to help, no contact number and terrible communication and customer service, I had to get Resolver involved and threaten to take to small claims court to get any action!

They had even made me cancel a gift card and credit card claim to quickly transact a refund (meaning that that credit card claim could never be reopened), and even following this took 2 months of constant battling to get my money back!
lelab5
June 17th, 2019
What a disappointing experience. I have been a loyal customer for years. Since they changed ownership the customer service has become none existent. I bought an item and realised it so a wrong one as soon as my order was complete. So I tried my best to cancel my item including phoning at lest 10 times but no luck. Once the item arrived i went to store to return it but they do not accept any returns in store. So I paid for the postage to get the item and they I paid to post the item back. It is a mess of a company. You cannot get hold of anybody at their customer service team. Even though I posted my item I am doubtfully I actually going to get my £65 back. Honestly you get better chance to return items if you buy from a company in China than House of Frazer.
nicholash125
May 4th, 2019
""AVOID AT ALL COST""
Brought a pair of Levi's on House of
Brought a pair of Levi's on House of Fraser. Due to there very poor size chart and no listing ref to the leg size I had to guess what the leg size was. When it turned up the leg size was wrong I then realised that they do not offer free returns now. So as it was there poor listings I thought they would at least offer a refund or arrange collection on the postage for free especially as I've spent over £100. Sadly they didn't care nor was interested regarding my complaint. So now I'll return all 3 pairs of Levi's for a full refund as they are a bad company that doesn't care about it's customers. "" AVOID HOUSE OF FRASER AT ALL COSTS ""
joa204
April 22nd, 2019
Ordered 2 Bra's from House of Fraser online, they did not fit so were returned 24 hours later to the House of Fraser warehouse. They were sent to me together in one plastic bag on hangers and were returned to House of Fraser in the same condition with all their packing and tags still attached. They have been returned to me stating that they have not been sent back in their original condition - House of Fraser have accused me of wearing the bras!!! The bras have very large tags attached to them so it would have been impossible to wear the bras and not have seen the attached labels under the clothing. The bras were sent back to House of Fraser in the one plastic bag with their original tags still attached and on the hangers EXACTLY in the same condition as they were received by me. This is a ridiculous situation I did not wear the bras but returned the items within 24 hours of delivery. I will never purchase online or shop in a House of Fraser store again they are not the trustworthy and do not treat the customers with any respect whatsoever. Read all the negative online customer reviews regarding House of Fraser!!!
yiotam
January 21st, 2019
I made an order from their website . I payed with paypal.
I never received any confirmation but i can see that the payment is pending on paypal. I contacted them and they said i didn't make any order. I contacted paypal and they said they can't release the money that are holding (my paypal balance) , only the merchant can capture the amount or release it . That means i have to wait 30 days for paypal to release the money. I spoke so many times with house of fraser. Gave them the id transaction etc. THey say the same thing! We have no order from you. So i have to wait 30 days for automatically be released from paypal. The people on their chat couldn't care less they even kicked me out when they didn't want to talk to me anymore.
nualak1
January 17th, 2019
I ordered a photo frame online but received no confirmation. After three unanswered emails, three store visits to Oxford Street an 17 phone calls I eventually got my purchase. Although the woman working in the Collection department was helpful and efficient, one of the biggest problems is that House of Fraser reception do not answer the phone and when they do are rude beyond belief. No wonder their stores are closing down. First and last time ordering from them.
emmam186
January 1st, 2019
I bought two matching ceramic homewares as part of a set in early December online from the House of Fraser. They arrived in a plastic bag. One of the items was in a box and seemed undamaged ( I didn't open the security packaging). The other item, a platter, was not in a box. Rather it was wrapped in bubble wrap. I could see that it was badly smashed through the wrap.
I tried to contact HofF through several means until yesterday. I received generic replies from them, which were not relevant and of no help. It was impossible to call anyone at the HofF. I then tried to contact them through the MSE service, Resolver. I received the same generic replies. Yesterday, I decided to take the products back to the Victoria (London) branch.
There were three people on the customer service desk on the second floor. Dealing with them was really unpleasant. After explaining what had happened and despite the platter being obviously smashed and the security tape still intact, they questioned me as to whether it had arrived intact. The first person passed the matter onto a colleague. They were clueless as to my rights. I was due a full refund on the damaged goods as well as the intact goods. They then told me that I could have a refund on the damaged goods and a gift card for the undamaged goods. I argued that as I had bought them as a set, I should get a refund on the two items. I told them that I had had to buy another item (from another store).
They refused and pointed me to the invoice that states that if you return in store, you are entitled to a refund to a gift card. They said that in order to get a full refund, I had to return them through the post (at my expense). I said that neither scenarios applied as the items were damaged.
They refused to listen to me and kept on offering the gift card option. I thought that they were offering a refund on the damaged item and a gift card option on the undamaged item. I finally agreed to this as I was getting so frustrated by them. The final insult came when they gave me the gift card for the two items. I took the gift card and told them that would never shop with HofF again. They did not seem to care. I was so incensed by this and want to warn everyone not to shop at this place again. Before Mike Astley got a stake in this shop, I was a loyal customer. Never again.
susant59
December 28th, 2018
Ordered clothes on line as nearest store is over 100 miles away. Didn't know I had to pay postage but thought , this is the last time as they never used to. So a one off, £4.99. Got the parcel, no returns label, no invoice. Items did not fit. No printer to print out label so asked but no one to speak to. Thinking one would not come to me, I drove to store and instore was told they now do not take reurns to refund money. Over £170 between the 2 items. Only exchanges instore but didn't want to throw money away on what i didn't want. Came home and finally got return label only to find out I had to pay to return too !!! Took parcel to P.O. and was told to send safely to insure it it would cost £8 to send to them. Unbelievable. I hope this store rots. People wise up. We're just pawns to line their greedy pockets. Abominable way to treat the public.
grantb63
December 20th, 2018
Ordered sheets on the 23rd November. It was due for delivery on the 3rd November. I can see from tracking that it arrived at my "local depot" on the 30th so I thought I was getting it Monday, of course it didn't arrive.

I've tried to contact HOF, but like everyone else I can't call (no number available), there is no online chat every time I've visited the site and there has been no response to emails.

Tried raising a dispute on resolver but still no answer, just the generic automated reply.

Contacted the courier company and they said the parcel must be lost and to contact HOF. Absolute joke.

Don't use these guys, terrible terrible customer service. In my case I'm now having to raise a dispute with my card provider (at least my bank has a phone number). More hassle than it's worth.
danielp517
December 19th, 2018
Following the takeover by Sports Direct my £195 of gift vouchers are apparently no longer valid. I am disgusted with this level of customer service and HoF has lost me and all my family as long term loyal customers. I wish then all the best in the future as they will need it. They will have lost 1000s of customer as a result of this I hope
moirad1
December 17th, 2018
I placed my order three weeks ago through House of Fraser website and the expected delivery was within 5 working days.

I still have not received my item (a bracelet) and because it was for a birthday present, I had to spend additional time and money to get a new item from another store.

I have contacted House of Fraser several times asking to cancel my order and get my money back. The response I got was disappointing, frustrating and irritating.

"We are investigating your case; however, we do not know when we will refund the money because first we have to determine what caused the loss and where the item is.When we get the item back we will start the refund process"

I do not care what caused the loss and where the item is, this is an issue that should concern only House of Fraser and do not affect the customers.

I just want my money back asap because I have not received the item I bought three weeks ago. It's such a simple request!

I did not expect such a horrible delivery service from a well-established brand like House of Fraser!

Not Enough Bad Adjectives to Describe my experience with House of Fraser.
I strongly advice not to buy from this retailer online.
elvinaf
November 23rd, 2018
Absolutely rediculous that items bought online can not be returned to store for a refund , but most be posted at cost to customer. Bet refund is not fast either, all going back to be reordered from John Lewis.
kd124
November 22nd, 2018
Hoff online is taking money for orders but providing no proof of purchase. No receipt or order number or any indication of whether you will ever get the goods. There currently appears to be no working phone line, customer service dept or accounts dept. Emails receive an automated reply. Check out other reviews elsewhere and their T & C's before purchasing anything here!
yol2
October 12th, 2018
THEIR FAT GREEDY BOSS MIKE ASHLEY DESERVES TO COLLAPSE, LIKE ALL OF THEIR STORES! "HARRODS OF THE HIGH STREET" HA MORE LIKE JUNK OF THE STREET!

ALL OF YOU AT HOUSE OF FRASER ARE DIRTY THIEVING SCOUNDRELS!
debc100
October 9th, 2018
Ordering on line is still a bit delayed with delivery and no explanation why. But at least it arrived couple of days later. If you require an item by certain date I'm not sure I would risk ordering on line.
susheeln
June 19th, 2018
House of Fraser is closing half of it its stores in the UK. No wonder they got to this situation with the kind of unfriendly staff they employ. We were walking past the Reading Oracle store on a Sunday afternoon and noticed a beautiful black dotted dress displayed on a mannequin. We went into the store and asked one of the employees where we can find this dress in the store. And she politely refused to help saying "I am sorry, I am at this counter, you can go around the store and look". Our jaws dropped at this attitude; not that she was serving any customer at that time! And my wife was quick to respond with "thank you, you have been very helpful". There were not many people in the store that afternoon. We walked away further down the store and asked another employee at the till. And this employee was not attending to any customer at the time we asked her. Her polite reply was similar to the first one "I am sorry but I am serving at this till". "Serving who?" was the question we asked ourselves and walked further down. At this stage my wife wanted to walk out of the store. She stayed in because of me as I wanted to buy that dress for her as she would have looked great in it! On my insistence she went further ahead and asked another employee and this time my wife mentioned to her that we have been trying to get help and no one seems to be willing to help! the employee said that she will call the manager and went on the phone and spent 2 minutes talking to someone. And then she asked which display window it was. We told her that this was the downstairs display window. The employee went and looked at the dress and came back and said that she will call the manager. She went on the phone and was talking to someone for about 5 minutes and we were asked to wait for the manager to come. After a few minutes she walks to us and says "Let me go and have another look" . she went down and returned after 5 minutes only to tell us where we can find this dress - not that she would come with us to show the dress. We went to the said section of the store only to find that she had directed us to the wrong dress!
Three employees, thirty minutes in the shop and they couldn't get the dress we asked for! Best to close down the business! Please spend some time, energy and budget on training the staff on the basics of customer service.
neilab
Lana S.
June 16th, 2018
I had few encounters with HOF customer services : five times (different orders)regarding their delivery courier UK Mail who are bad at delivering the goods and once in regards to faulty item. Its just a waste of time really. They are not friendly, not helpful and treat customers as enemies at the gate..What a short sided strategy....
jerryk100
June 1st, 2018
If trying to use e vouchers make sure you dont order more than the voucher value because if items are returned the voucher gets refunded first regardless of the amount you actually end up keeping! Con to keep you buying!
irinas26
May 18th, 2018
Three weeks ago I have returned this dress because it stunk of BO!!! ...it had been worn, returned and sold again :(((...I've complained to customers services about this. Lets hope it has been dry cleaned before going back on sale....
Very embarrassing HOUSE OF FRASER!!!
Product code: D786251-Long Sleeved Round Neck Maxi Dress
gh65
May 11th, 2018
The real metal of a business is tested when things go wrong and this is a business made of straw. The staff and systems at HOF seem to conspire together to give one of the poorest customer service experiences Ive encountered online. Rude call centre staff based in a non English speaking country, glacially slow refunds and a cant do attitude across the board. Do yourself a favour and keep scrolling if you find yourself tempted to buy here online. No wonder their financial results are so poor and unless they wake up to themselves theyre heading for worse - my view of spending my hard earned cash with them -NEVER AGAIN!
mariac358
April 20th, 2018
I bought few items, I was pretty sure that the website which selling things worth few hundreds pounds is worth to trust. I WAS WRONG as never before!
The courier left my parcel with my neighbour, she was going away so she left it anyway the front of my door. I haven't received anything, after 4 days the other neighbour brought me my parcel and there was missing 2 things (worth £36.50). I've had many conversations and... they said that there is no chances for refund.. all what I can do is to contact Police....
UNBELIEVEABLE. I'LL NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING from this shop! It's disgusting how they treat their customers. Expensive shop, cheap treatment. I'VE LOST MY MONEY. : [

i am sorry for not able to help. if i were you i wouldn't take the risk as their after service is so incompetent. if they cant manage a local returned item, i dont think they can handle an oversea one.

By wanda r.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the House of Fraser staff and other customers.

Shop from our wide range of products at the UK's premium department store. FREE delivery on orders over ?50 or Buy online and Collect in store.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about House of Fraser?

Have a question about House of Fraser?