Review of Hollar

support@hollar.com
2018 Customer choice award

darrylv12
6/17/19

I stumbled upon Hollar looking for an item. I found it there for 1/4 the price other stores were charging online. I ordered and within 4 days I had my package. I'll definitely be using them again. Great all around!

Response from Clara P., Hollar Representative
We're glad to see that you had a delightful first order with us, Darryl! Thank you for sharing your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!
joseh117
6/12/19

In order to obtain better sales, they would have to amortize the shipments. One way would be to charge these with the same products that are sold.

reannav
5/25/19

Ordered 8 boxes of face masks. Arrived quickly and no issue. Will definitely buy my masks from them again, and will check out their other stuff

Response from Brittany B., Hollar Representative
Yay! Thank you for sharing your happiness with your first Hollar order! We're always looking for ways to improve your Hollar experience, and we look forward to your next order with us!
jennilyns
5/6/19

I saw an ad of Hollar and decided to visit their site. I liked many items because it was nice to look at and very cheap. I wanted to try first if items are what was being posted so I bought some toys for my daughter. The toy were nice and she was very happy playing with it. Will surely buy again from Hollar.

Response from Brittany B., Hollar Representative
Woohoo! We're glad that your first order was a 5-star success! Thanks for sharing this with us, Jennilyn! We're excited for you to place your next order without making a dent in your wallet.
cathym231
4/20/19

I made a purchase for a customer because the item was discontinued and rather than hurt my metrics, I went to a lot of trouble to get this product for the customer and I asked that the item NOT have any reference to their company name and they said they cannot do that. That is just awful. Probably will receive a negative feedback for all my efforts because of the lack of professionalism. Not cool at all. Would have used them for many thousands of dollars but that was the last time.

Response from Brittany B., Hollar Representative
Hi Cat! We're sorry to hear that you did not receive the type of customer service that you expected, and we would like to look into this. Would you be able to send us an email at support@hollar.com with more details, please? We look forward to hearing from you!
billc383
3/18/19

I bought a supply of disposable razors from Hollar and expected that if called itself a razor it would be able to shave reasonably well. These were 5 razors per $1.00 pack and in order to avoid shipping, I went ahead and bought 25 packs. To my shock, upon first trying this razor, made the literally painful discovery that it does not shave. It pulls! It jerks along shearing off about one out of every 10 whiskers while securely grabbing the other 9 and trying to pull out the entire follicle. I mean they even touted the Aloe Strip that further smooths shaving. Who adds an aloe strip to a razor that cannot cut a hair? Expect I will trash the remaining 124 razors.

Response from Brittany B., Hollar Representative
Hi Bill — We're sorry for the inconvenience, and please rest assured that this is not the customer experience that we aim for. Would you be able to send us an email at support@hollar.com with the details of your order, please? We look forward to hearing from you, and seeing what we can do to make this right for you.
renaj8
3/12/19

Cool stuff...great prices.... Great service...you won't be disappointed!! I found a product that I hadn't been able to get anywhere else...love it!!!

Tip for consumers: Sign up for emails cause they have specials almost daily!

Response from Brittany B., Hollar Representative
Wow, we're so happy that you shared this with us! It's great to hear you had such a great experience with our site, and we hope to see you again!
ozget3
1/28/19

I have tried to make bulk orders for or five times and they mess it up every time they canceled my orders!

Response from Brittany B., Hollar Representative
Hi Ozge — We're sorry to hear about this. Would you be able to send us an email at support@hollar.com with more details about this? We look forward to hearing from you, and seeing what we can do for a better Hollar experience.
jenniferr429
11/28/18

This site has some great deal. I have bought to many products for a dollar or less. The shipping can be high at times but if you buy a certain amount, the shipping is free. They have great coupons also to help with shipping. I would recommend.

Response from Brittany B., Hollar Representative
Hi Jennifer — Thanks for dropping by and sharing this with us. Glad to hear that you love the app and the products that you received. So happy to keep you happy!
angies56
9/11/18

Heads up to all deal seeking creatures such as myself. Hollar.com is a great website with name brand ,toys,makeup and household items, pantry food items also. The only thing I would suggest is be careful, some items they advertise for $2-$3 , you can get at your local dollar tree. Otherwise I highly recommend this site!

Response from Brittany B., Hollar Representative
Hi Angie — Thanks for sharing your feedback about our pricing! Our incredibly talented merchandising team scours the markets to get you the best values for the best price. Please rest assured that we'll be forwarding your feedback for a better Hollar experience.
eeveed
8/16/18

One of my items came broken and the two pairs of headphones I purchased IMMEDIATELY broke. Don't buy headphones.
Other than that and the painful deodorant sticks, everything came that was ordered and at a cheap price. Slow shipping though. Cheap. But...too cheap

Response from Brittany B., Hollar Representative
Hi Eevee — We're sorry to hear about your experience. This is not the service that we want you to experience. We have sent you a private message to gather more information and help you out.
patriciar317
8/6/18

This is my first purchase with Hollar. However, delivery is slow and according to Hollar, delivery method used does not do online updates until order is delivered which could take up to 13 business days. Disappointed in method of delivery chosen since I don't need an online update if order has been delivered. When item arrived left ear volume is much lower than right and when I contacted Hollar to return, Hollar stated item must be unused yet they promise 100% satisfaction. Take your money elsewhere.

Response from Brittany B., Hollar Representative
Hi Patricia — Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're sorry to hear about what happened with your order. We'd like to provide additional info as well as check up on your order and have sent you a private message. We hope this will be resolved as soon as possible. We're looking forward to hearing from you soon.
taylorh87
6/30/18

I tried to make an order via PayPal on Hollar, only to find that the PayPal checkout button didn't seem to work and only registered as a clickable image and not a link on two different computers using different browsers. I contacted customer support to try and see what was up, since I had also tried ordering before several months ago with the same issue. Customer service told me that they're sorry to hear that it was happening, and that they could place an order on my behalf.. but only if they can get access to my PayPal account.
This sent immediate red flags. No company worth their salt asks for ANY login information, and ESPECIALLY not for accounts that are specifically used to transfer money. As much as I wanted the things off of the site, I'm not giving money to a company that asks for my PayPal information.
Absolutely untrustworthy. I wouldn't even risk using a card on this site. Best advice? Go to a dollar store instead. You'll find some neat stuff there, and it'll be safer.

Response from Brittany B., Hollar Representative
We apologize for the situation you’ve experienced, Taylor. We take all of our customer feedback very seriously, and would like to get in touch with you to start investigating this issue. Can you please send us a direct message with the best number and time to contact you at?
miriamg31
6/25/18

COMPANY SEEMS TO BE COMPROMISED .! AFTER ORDERING FROM THEM THEN SOMEONE STOLE MONEY FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT and drained All the money from my bank account ! Luckily I did not have all my money in my bank account or they would have taken everything.
I am a new first time customer . I did the spend $25 and get free shipping deal .all I ordered was 2 of the same kind of lotion and 3 body oils and the body oils were all the same kind of body oil so their should be no confusion with my order ..I didnt order a bunch of stuff. They sent me an email saying my items have been shipped . So if thats true then I should be getting them soon . well this company seems to be compromised because after I ordered from them them, then someone stole money from my bank account and it seems that its because I ordered from hollar . Someone did something called a wire transfer and they took out $ .. thats what my bank told me after they notified me . the person that stole money calls them self square . WHAT OR WHO IS SQUARE??? SO IT SEEMS TO ME THAT HOLLAR HAS BEEN COMPROMISED . Not cool . Not cool at all.
I dont know what was up with that because it happened right after I ordered from Hollar ...maybe it wasnt because of Hollar though but it seemed odd . I got my items . The 2 lotions both had a safety seal so thats good and the body oils didnt but thats because of the type of bottle .it doesnt smell like anything so its definitely was not the type of oil I wanted but I think I might have ordered the wrong oil by mistake so thats not their fault.
They used some type of strong tape with the name Hollar on it to make sure the caps didnt come off . One piece on each bottle.I thought it was odd there was no bubble wrap but luckily nothing broke. If they use bubble wrap for most orders then things will likely not be broken when they get to you . They put no paper in the box saying thank u for your order..and no bubble wrap .They just put plastic around the items . .so it depends what you order I guess . I am a little paranoid about the oils ..anyone packaging these could have unscrewed them and put whatever in there ..but probly not . Would I trust ordering from them again ? Maybe not because the thing that happened with my bank account was odd that ,that happened .

Response from Brittany B., Hollar Representative
Our apologies for the situation you're in, Miriam. We take the security of your personal data very seriously and we use the same data protection encryption that is used by all major banks. We'd like to provide additional info as well as check up on your order and have sent you a private message. We hope this will be resolved as soon as possible. We're looking forward to hearing from you soon.
ashleen
6/12/18

Shopping on hollar is so easy and the products are great quality. Shipping was lightening fast. Hollar is now my go to app for shopping.

Response from Brittany B., Hollar Representative
Great! Thank you for sharing your experience, Ashlee. Glad to hear that we could delight you with our service. Thanks for being awesome!
curlyg
5/20/18

My order came in damaged and I sent them a picture of it and the dumb lady said it wasn't damaged and she couldn't give me a refund so now I'm emailing them everyday so I can get my money back.im pissed off and I'm not stoping until I get my refund!

Response from Brittany B., Hollar Representative
We're sorry to hear about your trouble, Curly. Please send us your phone number and the best time to contact you at through email (support@hollar.com) or send us a direct message on Facebook Messenger. You may also call us at 1.888.682.5119 during weekdays, 7 AM to 4 PM PST. We'll gladly look into this matter.
islandgals
5/11/18

"WOW" I Really Enjoy Shopping On This Site. You Can Find So Many Great Products With So Many Great Deals. Tax Free! Now How Sweet Is That! I've Shopped With Them Many Of Times. And Got So Many Wonderful Products And Amazing Deals. So Far I Had No Problems With Them. Oh Maybe One... Where a Item had Wasting all over the box and had Damaged some Items in my box. I told them which products was damaged. And They Went Ahead And Replaced Those Items With No Problems. And SHIPPING is Amazingly FAST! I LOVE This Site. And I Highly Recommend it to All! Thanks! :)

Response from Brittany B., Hollar Representative
Wow! We're so thrilled to hear that you're having an awesome Hollar experience. Thank you for the love and our apologies for the little hiccup. More exciting deals are coming so stay tuned!
saraw87
4/11/18

I absolutely love this store,I always find unique and cute items for my kids and myself.Prices are low and the quality is high,never have had any delivery issued or broken items,I'm a happy shopper!

Response from Brittany B., Hollar Representative
Awwww! Thanks for the 5 stars, Sara! It's awesome that you are spreading love and support! Keep it up because you definitely brought a smile to our faces. We hope you have an amazing day!
ruthe34
4/2/18

Love all the different products hollar offers on its website. Also the credits and sales they email me.

Response from Brittany B., Hollar Representative
Thanks for swinging by and giving us a shoutout, Ruth! We're so glad that we could delight you with our service — we're totally doing our Hollar happy dance right now. Have a great day!
marial256
4/2/18

Had 2 bad experiences with hollar and I only patronized them twice.

First time I had items in my basket that were over the $25 eligible for free shipping. When I proceeded to check out and pay, my basket was auto adjusted to remove one of the items (guessing cause the system realized then that they did not have it in stock) which made the total fall below the $25 thus charged me for shipping. It did not prompt me to either continue with the purchase or add more in my cart. Had to cancel my entire order.

Second time I ordered from them, pruchased a thermometer from their third party vendor. My basket and checkout says the item was $10 but my CC was charged $12.95. Hollar blamed it on third party vendor and since it was already shipped couldnt stop the order.

Needless to say, these 2 incident put a bad taste in my mouth and just goes to show how disorganized and inept of a company this is and will never buy from again. Its a shame cause i think their prices are rather decent.

Response from Brittany B., Hollar Representative
Hi Maria — We are so sorry that this has happened to you on two different occasions and we understand your frustration as this is not the kind of experience we aim to provide to our customers. We have sent a private message regarding what happened to your orders, as we'd like to see what we can do. We're looking forward to hearing from you soon.
lisaa222
3/11/18

I ordered lots of "stocking stuffers" and more from Hollar last year. They have a lot of toys that were great for the grand kids and some really fun things very inexpensive. Think of it a bit like Wish.com but here in the US and it doesn't take forever to get your order. I've not had any problems with any of the shipments and no need to contact customer service (always a good sign!).

Response from Brittany B., Hollar Representative
This is awesome news, Lisa. We are so excited that you've been buying from Hollar since forever. Glad to hear that we could delight you with our service. We appreciate all the love and support. Have a great day!
jonquilm
2/26/18

I adore Hollar. The hassle is worth the rewards, to me. Yes, outside vendors ask a lot for shipping, but fortunately there's a box you can check to show you Hollar items only. Prices fluctuate and it appears to be according to demand, so if an item is more than you want to pay for it, watch it and the price will eventually go down. Shipping was awful this past Christmas, but that really was to be expected - almost all popular online stores go through a sudden influx of orders, and USPS also has a time of it delivering them all.

However, other than peak times like Christmas, my orders typically arrive within a week. That's quick enough to make Hollar useful for ordering a lot of general day-to-day items, and Hollar is cheap enough to make those purchases worth the wait. I did have one item I needed to return because it was stitched wrong. I sent a picture to customer service, and it took a few days for them to respond but when they did, they offered to replace it or credit my account for the money spent on it - no need to send it back, which I appreciated.

I also appreciate there are a lot of low priced items direct from China on their site because their shipping is less of a hassle than ordering direct from China. Hollar is like a hybrid - they ship within the USA but most of their items are from China, so if you look at them like they're a Chinese website, it brings into focus what a good service they really run.

There is one thing I don't like about their website, but it may not be within their realm of control. Third party sellers will list clothes individually by its size instead of making one listing and having a drop down menu. In some ways I appreciate this because I can search "women's large" or whatever and come up with nothing but clothing in that size. However, I should not HAVE to do this. Third party vendors will also make multiple posts of the same item, which is annoying as well because it really clutters up the website. I do not want to scroll through 10 postings of the same shirt.

I would like to note though one thing Hollar is great about - ridiculously low prices on designer brands! I have bought SO much clothing there as a result, and even though it's usually from a third party vendor, the shipping is typically free.

I used to be hooked on Amazon Prime, but Hollar has quickly won me over from that. With pricing savvy and patience, you can save a ton of money with their store.

Response from Brittany B., Hollar Representative
Hi Jonguil — Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to review our site. We are always looking for ways to improve your shopping experience, especially shipping updates during Holidays. We'll be sure to pass this along to the appropriate team, and do feel free to send us a Hollar if you have any additional questions. Have a wonderful day!
jmzn
2/19/18

... Now this is really the place to shop.. Bargains galore and they change quite often. From special holiday treats to groceries, school supplies and outer wear you will find it here. Easy to browse through, set up in large print for easy reading. Now there being a one price ($5.00) delivery charge regardless how much you buy, anything over $25.00 knocks that charge off but wait, there's more.. something called "Club Orange" it's a recent offer, it's free to join with a small charge a month and allows you free shipping over $10.00 which is very easy to reach once you discover all the deals offered. Delivery is about average and once received, any damage they take care of immediately. This place will make you come back over and over again just to discover their really fantastic deals. Sign up for their newsletter for some very special email offers as well. I can't say enough about Hollar.. it's really a great find especially for the budget minded. I don't know why other reviewers have had some problems. I certainly haven't except for a couple slow deliveries which they informed me of in advance.. I also pay through pay pal because I really don't like to splatter my credit card all over the internet so as for me, Hollar is a great experience.

Response from Brittany B., Hollar Representative
Hi Jmz — Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Glad to hear that you were able to save dollars on our deals. We love hearing great stories about our products and services. So happy to have you be part of the Hollar family. Have a wonderful day!
cindyc171
2/15/18

Could not get the Valentines code to go through on 2/14 even though it was still advertised and before noon. Emailed and was told that is didnt work because it was set to expire at the end of the day on 2/14 so tough. I dont like companies that dont honor the deals posted on their own sight and even though I screenshot it they would not honor their own deal. Crooked business practice.

Response from Brittany B., Hollar Representative
Hi Cindy— We're sorry to hear about your experience. This is not the service that we want you to experience. Please send us an email to support@hollar.com or direct message us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/shophollar. If this doesn't work, please give us a call at 888-682-5119 Monday through Friday, 7am-4pm PST and we'll be happy to help!
vashtip
2/13/18

I have ordered things from Wish that come from.China and they arrive faster! I ordered more than 2 weeks ago! Where ia my stuff. The tracking just says in transit.

I recieved my mechandise two days after I complained.

Response from Brittany B., Hollar Representative
We're terribly sorry that your order hasn't shipped yet, Vashti. We would be happy to look into this for you and see what is causing the delay. Please send us an email to support@hollar.com or direct message us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/shophollar. If this doesn't work, please give us a call at 888-682-5119 Monday through Friday, 7am-4pm PST. We are always happy to help!

Depends on where you're located, I think, but being in CA which is where the company also ships from, I've received my orders in as little as 3-4 business days ;). Really pleased with them so far!

By S V.

Hey Chasity! We guarantee you that Hollar is a legitimate website. We always make sure that your card information is saved in a very secure environment once your place an order. We are also registered with the Better Business Bureau for your protection. If you have more questions, you can send us an email at support@hollar.com or call us at 1.888.682.5119, we're open on weekdays from 7 am to 4 pm PST.

By Brittany B., Hollar Representative

We're sorry to hear about your experience, Cindy! You can send us an email to support@hollar.com or direct message us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/shophollar. If this doesn't work, please give us a call at 888-682-5119 Monday through Friday, 7am-4pm PST and we'll be happy to help!

By Brittany B., Hollar Representative

Hi Patricia The standard shipping time frame is 7-10 business days. Once the order ships out, you will receive another email with the tracking number. We hope this helps!

By Brittany B., Hollar Representative

Hi Andy! We'd love to look it up for you. Can you please send an email to support@hollar.com? You can also call us at 1.888.682.5119, we're open on weekdays from 7am to 4pm PST.

By Brittany B., Hollar Representative

Hi Colleen! We ship all of our orders from our Hollar distribution center in Los Angeles, California. After the order is placed, the expected delivery time is 7-10 business days (Monday - Friday, excluding Holidays). You will receive an email confirmation with the tracking number once your order ships.

By Brittany B., Hollar Representative

Hi Simsim, Usually when you create an order, all of the items come in one package. However, if you have a large order, it many have more than one shipment.

By Brittany B., Hollar Representative

Hi Linda, Yes we have a $10 minimum for each order. Because were all about saving you tons of cash, a $10 order minimum helps us keep our prices and shipping costs irresistibly low. On the product description, it should state the amount you are allowed to order.

By Brittany B., Hollar Representative

Hi Kelsey Can you please send our support team an email at support@hollar.com. We'd be happy to check on the status of your order.

By Brittany B., Hollar Representative

Great question, Emily! We're an LA-based online dollar store, and you can check us out on our official, verified Facebook page (facebook.com/shophollar), and on our BBB page as well (https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/los-angeles/profile/online-retailer/hollar-inc-1216-418420). Hope this helps you!

By Brittany B., Hollar Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Hollar staff and other customers.

Hollar?