HalloweenExpress reviews

Florence, KY 41042, US
Tel: 1.859.282.5520

jasmineo3
1/21/19

I have dropped over $2k with this company, and in the order I received a broken snowblower, broken remotes, and spilled fluid. I got in touch with Halloween Express and Was put thru the ringer just to try get replacements for what I paid for. I mean I did drop quite a bit already with this company, but nope! They play games. The right arm doesn't talk to the left. Finally when I was able to get this handled, I asked for a return label and was denied!!! What??? I have to pay to ship your faulty product back??? I ALREADY PAID FOR SHIPPING WHEN IT GOT HERE!!!!!! Still no way would they reimburse me. Nope. AND their stuff isn't that great guys. Go to Vegas and other specialty stores. They have better quality and sales. I saw when it was too late.

lisav145
10/31/18

A few days before Halloween, I purchased a costume for my dog because the website offered delivery by October 30th if I ordered within a few hour time frame. I called the order department to make sure I picked the correct shipping method to have this item by the 30th. I chose an expedited shipping (14.99) and placed the order with the representative so I didn't make a mistake. I did not receive this costume by the 30th and when I called today I spoke to Tiffany in customer service who told me that Halloween Express offers no explicit delivery dates and that the 30th was an estimate. She told me my order SHOULD come sometime today (on Halloween). I'm hoping it does. She was not nice. She was not helpful. And I am very annoyed that I did not buy this costume through a more reputable site like Amazon who does guarantee a delivery date. I feel like I was deceived by this company.

michells2
10/30/18

I bought what I thought was a cat costume for my daughter.It turned out to be just a headband and tail. I am not sure why it would give a size for just the two things.very poor business, customer service, POS company with kids working there. I shopped the one at Spout Springs Rd in Flowery Branch,Ga. The name of the girl that was absolutely no help, that said she's the manager is Georgina. I was willing to exchange the product for a cheaper one and lose money on it and they would not even do that. I was very disappointed to look on the bottom of the receipt to see no returns,all sales final.Worst company ever because u don't care about your customers.Way to go HALLOWEEN EXPRESS,ruin a kid's holiday. I bet u don't stay in business long with this many VERY POOR reviews.u deserve NO STARS!!

joycep100
10/30/18

Cheaply made, overpriced costumes... inexperienced seasonal staff and a ridiculous return policy... NEVER AGAIN!!!

robertw859
10/25/18

We ordered a costume for my husband for a big event we were going to. The costume was ordered over a week in advance of the event, giving plenty of time for shipping, etc. The costume arrived 5 days later and half of it was not there. We immediately called the costumer service number. We requested to have the missing items sent and we were told that was not possible. We were told that they do not overnight ship and that they would offer us a partial credit. How can you only wear half of a costume??? Why can't they overnight ship??? THEY were the ones that failed to send the complete costume (This was not a cheap costume either). We are so disgusted by the lack of commitment and customer service. I will NEVER shop at this store again and encourage all to look at other Halloween costume stores.

eileent37
10/8/18

awful awful awful awful awful awful awful to deal with - customer service cant help- tell you several things and did nothing- stay away stay away stay away-

dionnet1
4/12/18

Took me forever to find the product I was looking for! Finally found it here at Halloween Express. I read the reviews and got nervous about ordering but I gave myself enough time to make sure my order would be here in time and if it was poor quality at least I wouldn't be out much money as the price was great. Happy to say, I am thrilled with the product. Exactly what I was looking for and for a great price. Shipping took long. The product didn't leave Global Express until almost 3 weeks after I ordered online but arrived in 2 days from receiving my tracking #. :) If you order in lots of time you should have no problems.

pc107
11/6/17

I sent my return back immediately after receiving it with all items in tack and I'm still (4 weeks later) waiting for my refund. Horrible customer service. They will get back to you right away but keep telling you the same thing over and over. Will NEVER purchase from them again.

michaelc522
10/21/17

Worst website ever. Ordered a item, with a $47 express promise on date. Had a halloween party to attend and now i will not be attending because this fraud website and company are dishonest and make fake promises. I will not recommend this place to no one. Obviously i want my money back!!!

teresac80
8/17/17

Not worth any more than $20.00. Had to wrap her hands in gauze to cover the wires. had to hot glue the top of her dress to her neck to cover the screws. I would not recommend this to anyone. I would have preferred that her eyes just lit up without the conversation.

mikeb314
10/28/16

One of the worst experiences in a while. S.Manager Karen Cabrera and staff at the store in Brandon, Florida are RUDE and do not want to sell their product. Three days before Halloween and they do not want to take a coupon from Halloween Express as she states she is a "Francise Store" DO NOT GO THERE!!!! Go to SPIRIT where they are friendly and want your $$$ and business.

williamw146
10/26/16

when online order was placed, they promised a delivery date. on that date came about and no delivery, I contacted customer service and got the run around. first they told me that they gave the wrong promise date. then I was emailed and told my order # on my receipt on my electronic receipt is for someone else back in 2011, it's 2016 now. they do not want to accept responsibility. I will never order from them again and suggest that others do not either.

nicolem106
10/26/16

I was super excited this year to dress up with my husband. We normally NEVER dress up. We purchased our costumes online with a promise delivery date of 10/27. I received the tracking a few days later and it said it would not deliver until 10/31. We needed it sooner than 10/31 since we had a party. I called Halloween Express and they advised I could refuse the package and they would refund me the money. That is great but not what I needed. I needed to see if they could overnight or 2 day me what we ordered. I do not have any time to go and search for the masks we bought. We had already purchased our clothing separate to go with our masks. They said they could not help. I cannot believe a company would tell you they screwed up and shipped late but would not rectify the situation. This is terrible customer service. So now, I have to wait for them to refund my money and run around town to look for what I already ordered. So disappointing!!!!!

keviat
10/25/16

Ordered Halloween props totaling five hundred dollars guaranteed its delivery on a certain date. Called them looking for my order which they said it just shipped because they were backed up. I still haven't received the order. The {guaranteed shipping is a joke} still haven't received my order. She said in two more days I guess we'll see.

nicolec110
10/22/16

Wouldn't even give this site any stars if it was possible. Tried to cancel my order less than 12 hours after I placed it and before it had shipped and they wouldn't let me. Told me I could return it, but there is a shipping fee to send it back. Meanwhile, I've been getting emails saying "Your order has not shipped", "Attention: Order incomplete", "Your order is pending". Also, these have just been the titles of the emails... no information within the actual email explaining what is wrong. DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE...EVER

johnh602
10/21/16

I should have read the reviews before ordering. Like many of the other reviewers stated, Halloween Express is going to miss the Guaranteed Delivery Date. Do you guys understand the meaning of the word "Guaranteed"? I paid extra so my costume would arrive in time for a party. I don't need it 2 days after the party. I am hoping for a full refund, but it sounds like that's not going to happen.

carmenb31
9/14/16

ordered something overnight express, paid extra for shipping. Gauranteed delivery today. no package. Called and was told 'for whatever reason' it was not shipped until today. HOW inconvenient. They do not deliver as promised. DO NOT RELY on HE.

davida280
9/6/16

Halloween express emailed me a coupon offering a 27% off . For example ghost girls listed on their site for $567. Everyone else has the item listed for in the area of &360-$380. Their 27% off actually comes down to $419. Buyer beware of the fraud

judym43
11/4/15

I ordered outfit from Costume Express, UPS lost it and they refused to send overnight another for a Halloween party that weekend. UPS contacted me the day after Halloween and had located it. I told them to send it back and hung up. They're pathetic and UPS not much better

jonathanc50
10/29/15

So my wife and I ordered an outfit for our 7-year-old (Star Wars Arf Trooper) on Oct 14, 2015. On Oct 22, we received the helmet without the actual costume. We contacted the company and they said they would resend the entire costume.

Today, Oct 29, the same day they said the new costume should arrive, we received an email (at 6 PM Eastern, mind you...) saying that our order was canceled due to "inventory problems".

I can understand running out of costumes...but don't wait to tell us on the day it was supposed to arrive and 2 days (arguably ONE day since we didn't get notified until the nighttime) before Halloween!

Very disappointing and I will NEVER do business with them again.

Tip for consumers: My tip: use a different company/website.

ratikkad
10/28/15

Worst service ever on northlake in palm beach gardens fla, i walked in and watch around the store and was approach to checking of my purses without no good reason what so ever bad business and service will never return but happy you guys looked really foolish in the face when my purse open without any of ur property

chelseaf8
10/28/15

Do not order from this company! I am having to go out and buy halloween costumes after ordering online and then learning they will NOT arrive on time for my kids to go to beggars night! I even paid extra shipping!

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!

christyc11
10/27/15

This company is the worst!!! don't order from them. they take your money and you get.... u guessed it nothing! I got scammed. my 4 and 5 year had no costumes for there fair. sad kids and lost my money. thanks halloween express. i hope your kids know how it feels to be scammed by pieces of crap like yourselves.

jessicaw71
10/26/15

I can not express to readers how absolutely terrible this company is. I made my first purchase on Oct 6. After I had not received the package a week later I contacted a representative (after being on hold for 40 minutes) and she had stated it was in Toronto and to check my local post office. I had explained I live in a city with a population of 2.6 million people, we do not have a "local" post office. She then gave me the tracking number (which I had not received by email as promised). When I hung up and tried locating the tracking number on the Canada post website and it had not existed. When I called back I was then placed on hold for another 40 minutes only to be told by the next representative that the package was lost in Toronto (proof that the first employee either did not know what she was doing, or was lying to me). I asked to speak to a manager who said that she would refund me for the first order, and apply a discount to reorder the package again, including express shipping for my troubles. She had also told me she would send me a personal email when the package was being sent out, which of course did not happen. The second order was placed on October 16th and once again I did not receive the package. With that, my original order was $176, and I was only refunded HALF of that amount. After contacting costume express over 20 times, I was promised calls back to sort out the shortage of money by two other employees. But of course, no phone call was ever received. After just speaking to another manager, he stated the second package had arrived to my post office, which after checking with Canada post, they stated that this tracking number I was provided did not even exist, thus determining I was lied to yet again. We are now owed a lot of money for both transactions and have threatened to take legal action if the money is not refunded by tomorrows date. Buyers be warned, you will not receive your package, and monitor your banking as the refunds they promise you will not be received either. Lastly, do not assume they will call you back as good customer service representatives will do. Make sure you take down names and badge numbers and get the problem solved on the spot. It is a shame to think this terrible company could be still receiving/stealing money from its buyers.

jcj2
10/26/15

These jokers shipped my order by throwing everything in an over sized box (with no individual packaging either) with no packing materials. One piece of paper was in it. No surprise the plastic products that got thrown around the box and banged up during shipping were damaged. They act like it's no big deal and refuse to refund my original shipping fee or my return shipping fee. Super unprofessional and lazy from the beginning to the very end. AVOID

Questions? Get answers from the HalloweenExpress staff and other customers.

HalloweenExpress?