Gwynnie Bee

Gwynnie Bee has a consumer rating of 3.18 stars from 381 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Gwynnie Bee most frequently mention customer service, new clothes and next box. Gwynnie Bee ranks 15th among Subscription Shopping sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 18.2%

• Always an easy and delightful experience when (if ever) I have to call customer service.

• So I dispute the charge with my credit card company and they rebill it!
How would you rate Gwynnie Bee?

“I Mostly Loved it -- Very difficult to Cancel”

Amber B.
1/5/21

I really enjoyed the service. If you are good about returning the items quickly, you have an ever changing wardrobe. I also enjoyed buying the items I loved at deep discounts. I have paid less than $10 for some of my favorite items, which, yes they are used, but this rivals any thrift store. My only gripe is that it is really difficult to cancel. You can't do so online and have to talk to a rep on the phone, who of course tries to persuade you to stay. At this time, I can't afford the service and cancelling it was a real pain.

“Been terrible throughout the pandemic...”

Erika S.
9/24/20

... and they are getting worse! Very few items to choose from since the pandemic started. Turn around times becoming increasingly slower & slower. I think we all understand that this is a difficult time, but this company has failed to acknowledge it's issues. And, of course, still paying the exact same price for a much slower, desirable service. I've enjoyed this company for the past six years, but I think it might be time to cancel..

customer service (84) credit card (12)
bobettet
February 12th, 2020
I thought this was a service like Stitch Fix etc., but it is not. It really is a garment rental business. They send you clothes (that have previously been worn and dry cleaned) and if you like them you can purchase them or just wear them (for up to a month) and then return them. So for your $79 per month you are paying for the privilege of renting used clothing. If you buy them, you are purchasing used clothing at full price. Never again!
Hi Bobette,

Our subscription entitles our members to rent styles and exchange their items as many times as they want, over the course of the month, as we offer unlimited exchanges and free shipping. We have a rigorous policy for garment cleanliness and do offer our members the option to purchase an item they have received at home. We hope this information is helpful and many thanks for giving our service a try.

erikas171
September 24th, 2020
ambert82
November 22nd, 2019
A few years ago I loved Gwynnie Bee. Turn around was fast, the brands were all high end, it felt like a great value. Since they have added/expanded their size range I feel like they are bringing more mid-range and lesser known brands. These tend to have inconsistent sizing and fit issues even when using the size charts provided. I now closet less with each new release. I have also had issues with my sizing being unavailable, which leads me to believe they are purchasing less items.
amym1493
October 19th, 2020
I was a former customer who was invited back with a discount code. I had taken a break and thought that maybe they had figured some of their kinks out, but it appears thing are worse than before. I signed up on 10/13 and today is 10/19 with still nothing even shipped. I emailed customer service and it is an inventory problem. I have 34 items in my cart that were mostly just added, apparently none of which are available anymore. As I've sat here waiting I've scoured their closet to find things in my size, knowing that the further I go back, the less likely it is I will want that garment and it will likely have more wear. They also used to update their selection 3x/week. Nothing new has been added since I joined. I understand the pandemic presents challenges but they should not be recruiting for customers they can't support.
deenah7
November 24th, 2019
Decent clothes, though not a ton of variety. Clothes are always clean and neat when they get to me. Shipping is painfully slow.
The service is expensive for the number of garments you get.
I don't appreciate being a guinea pig to prove concept by Caastle. I thought the CEO genuinely cared about plus sizes women and the lack of options in the marketplace. But it was all a big experiment.
amberb424
January 5th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
If you are good about returning the items it can be a really good value. Be aware that cancellation can be difficult.

Products used:
Dresses

heatherd279
February 11th, 2020
Their service is so terrible they make it impossible for you to cancel in a digital age where consumers have the right to change their minds and cancel online. They make you call them during 9a - 5p and then they try to "save" you with sales pitches and discounts. So much hassle it took me months to cancel and that's exactly why the make this so difficult. >:-(.
I used the service regularly in 2015 but ended up being dissatisfied with the quality of the clothing -- tried to give it another shot but now I'm just dissatisfied by the customer service so I won't be back.
Get into the 2000s Gwynnie Bee: It's an Amazon world.
Hi Heather,

We're sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with your experience. We are unable to locate the account linked to your name. Please contact us at 1-855-GWYNNIE (855-499-6643) between 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. (ET) Monday to Friday or gwynnie@gwynniebee.com so that we may further assist you.

thereses42
December 23rd, 2019
I tried it for a couple months, but none of the clothes really worked for me. So I went in to my account to cancel, but clicking the cancel link just takes you to a message saying you have to call them. What a pain. So I called and had to wait a bit to talk to someone. When I did, they tried to talk me out of it several times - I had to reiterate that I wanted to cancel at least 4 times. I really hate when companies do that.
Hi Therese,

We're sorry you had a bad experience. We are unable to locate the account linked to your name. Please contact us at 1-855-GWYNNIE (855-499-6643) between 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. (ET) Monday to Friday or gwynnie@gwynniebee.com so that we may further assist you.

rachell98
August 25th, 2020
I thought I'd write about my experience from a long time ago. I received a skirt that was worn and had crusty stuff on the skirt. I'm attaching a picture of the creases and of the crusty stuff so you can be the judge if this did in fact go to the cleaners like I was told. I hope you can zoom into the crusty part because you can see it well. It's not a part of the pattern, it was hard and white. I'm hoping it was frosting, yeah, we'll go with that for my sanity. When I reached out, they assured me it was cleaned, but would a cleaned dress still have creases from sitting? I am still doubtful. In that same email reassuring me it was cleaned, they said I didn't return a package. It had been 7 days since the package reached them. I kept all of my tracking information and I told them the date and time it reached them and to who, Thanks Ben! For them to say I didn't return a package when it was put into Ben's hands 7 days before the email conversation with them... this is just sad. I hope their customer service is better than what it was and they aren't sending dirty clothes. This is my experience and I hope they are doing their customers better. I left and have not returned.
natashab124
February 6th, 2020
I began my subscription on February 2nd. My first box is scheduled to arrive on the 8th. For me, the inconvenience of such a lengthy process isn't worth the amount of money I'm paying (even with their 1/2 off the first month promotion. They were quick to charge me for their service but didn't make a shipping label until the 5th of the month. This doesn't make me trust in receiving future items often enough to get my money's worth. I'm sure once the first box arrives, most of my grievances will subdue, but I signed up to make moving into a new house and packing up my closet easier.
The selection in the virtual closet felt endless, although less trendy than I had hoped. I filled my "closet" with many different things I'd never think about buying. It only took me a few minutes to select their "6 item minimum".
However, I'll be canceling my subscription. From the reviews I've read, that will also be a lengthy process and I'm not into that.
Hi Natasha,

We are sorry your experience isn't what you expected it to be. We are adding new styles every week to expand our ever-growing collection. If you'd like to see any particular style or brand in our collection, please let us know and we will be happy to forward it to our buying team. Please know that with prep and shipping time, it can take up to 7 days for your box to reach you.

We hope you enjoy your Gwynnie Bee experience.

lauriceg
December 10th, 2019
I love the idea of renting clothes and find the process very easy. Unfortunately, I'm finding that it takes longer to get the next shipment than it really should (especially when they know the package is coming - because the postal service checks it in).
kl367
March 19th, 2020
DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. I tried to put my account on hold due to the COVID-19 virus and was told there is a $10 monthly fee for placing my account on hold, NO EXCEPTIONS; So I canceled my account. They proceeded to not honor my request and sent me product so they could charge me for an additional service! DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE THEY WILL OVERCHARGE YOU AND RIP YOU OFF DURING THIS TIME OF A NATIONAL EMERGENCY.
taylore42
November 22nd, 2019
Some months I really love Gwynnie Bee, but most months I can't seem to find any items I like! And when I do find something I love, it sits in my cart forever and almost never gets chosen to be sent to me. It's over $70 for only 2 items at a time, and if you want to buy something, most items are over $90. That's just way too steep for secondhand clothes.
brenshas
February 28th, 2019
Verified purchase
I'm very frustrated when I pay Up to $200 a month for this service and have to go 4-5 days without any new clothing to wear. GB needs to work on getting shipments out faster and taking into account processing and shipping times. I would've kept my higher plan if this had been done but I was Still receiving shipments slower. Besides this important issue, I am Pleased with the app and variety of styles and sizes that are a available from GB.
Hi Brensha,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.
We are glad to learn that you are happy with the styles, sizes and other aspects of our service

With reference to shipping timelines, we do our best to keep processing times well under 72 hours and USPS delivery to a max of 4 business days. However, at times, delays do occur, for which we have appropriate compensatory incentives in place. Having said that, to mitigate the risk of being without any Gwynnie Bee garments, if we may suggest – you may want to return garments in separate shipments with a lag of a couple of days. This way, you would not be without your favorite garments at any time. (Eg: For a shipment of 5 garments, you may want to return notify and send back 2 today and the remaining 3 after 2 days). Do feel free to reachout for additional return labels for this purpose, we’ll be happy to help.

We do hope this helps you get the most out of your subscription.

Kindest regards,
marissae13
Marissa E.
January 19th, 2021
I have been using this site for over five years and I consider it a lifesaver. I love the fact that I can wear new items all the time, and try different things and be more daring than I may normally if I were purchasing an item. I get lots of compliments on my new outfits and I love being able to change frequently.
jodir75
September 26th, 2020
I have been a loyal customer for five. Years. But now as an educator who is blessed to have a job, I do not not have time to call during their weekday office hours. I am Zooming online and teaching students in the classroom at the same time in masks and headgear. I need comfortable clothing and currently the products are not that. They do not have weekend call hours and will not let me cancel over email. The customer service used to be top notch. I just today contacted the BBB, They will reply to this saying they cannot find my account and ask me to call which I cannot during their 9-6 hours. My account is jodidi which I have tried to change the name on for years but it would have changed my pricing as they stated I had to open a new account.
shannono44
November 24th, 2019
I signed up several years ago on a lark. I have really grown to love this service. I really don't shop for clothes anymore. I use GB to try new things and if I can't live without the piece I buy it and if I can, I just send it right back and get something else. It has opened up a huge wardrobe for me. There have been very few hiccups over the years. But the couple issues I did have were handled quickly and efficiently.
charm10
March 6th, 2019
Verified purchase
All was great when I began my journey with Gwynnie Bee. Have zero complaints about the quality of the clothes for the most part. I've needed to cancel my subscription and it has been like pulling teeth & challenging as I travel for a living in many different time zones. I'm still current stuck with the account months & months after I've tried to follow all of the run around instructions I've received. I should just be able to cancel my account by logging in and choosing to do so. Just not easy or great customer service from the user perspective.
Hi Char,

We are sorry to hear about your experience while attempting to cancel your subscription.
The reason we request our members to call us to cancel is, that based on our experience, a considerable proportion of our members decide to stay on with us, post a conversation with our service representatives. A solution is usually worked out, based on our member’s reason for choosing to cancel.

That being said, if it is inconvenient for any of our members to call, we do process cancellations via email as well. One of us will be reaching out to you via email today to resolve this concern immediately.

Best regards,
jamiev56
December 6th, 2019
Canceled once - was told I was being dropped down to a lower subscription rate... but NO they got me for another $75.00... Hopefully this time the cancellation sticks.

Very unhappy...
Hi Jamie,

We're sorry this happened. We are unable to locate the account linked to your name. Please contact us at 1-855-GWYNNIE (855-499-6643) between 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. (ET) Monday to Friday or gwynnie@gwynniebee.com so that we may further assist you.

julieb953
November 29th, 2019
Quality control definitely needed, disappointment in the waste of a shipment. Last email for shipping delay went umanswered.
Hi Julie,

kimberlyb469
November 18th, 2019
I tried to cancel twice and the poor service reps are forced to make it next to impossible to cancel. Items are ill fitting for some body types which was my reason for canceling. They kept trying to give me discounts and free items. They did not seem to appreciate the free item or discounted item that didn't fit well was of no use. If you are a traditional size, the service is probably lovely. If you are not, I would think twice.
Hi Kimberly,

We understand it’s frustrating to find the perfect fit among hundreds of brands. We are unable to locate the account linked to your name. Please contact us at 1-855-GWYNNIE (855-499-6643) between 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. (ET) Monday to Friday or gwynnie@gwynniebee.com so that we may further assist you.

annm823
November 24th, 2019
I have enjoyed getting ready for work everyday with the clothes I get from Gwyennie Bee. I am known for the beautiful dresses I wear because of my subscription. Some turn out to be things I don't like, but overall I really like most of my choices. The reviews are great and I have gotten good at picking clothes that I like. I do wish that they had a few more trendy clothes since those are the ones I only want to wear a few times. I will continue to use the service.
bethb188
February 28th, 2019
Verified purchase
The service is good in theory. However there are certain things I want for a specific event, but even though they're marked as priority I don't receive them when I want them. I understand it's impossible to give everyone exactly what they want every box, but it makes this service pretty useless for me. It also is more than I'd spend on new clothes in a year.
Hi Beth,

Thank you for sharing your views. Allow us to explain.

Once garments are prioritized - the system will indeed consider the prioritized items before other items in your closet. However, they are not guaranteed.
Our ability to ship a garment depends upon its availability at our warehouse at the time of packing your box. Since we let our members keep the garments for as long as they want to, we would not know when a particular garment would be available. Ultimately, what is shipped is based on what is available at the time of packing your box.

We do apologize for the associated inconvenience, however, we hope our explanation helps.

Regards,
lornal25
November 24th, 2019
I have very rarely received items that i could not wear. Most are very cute and i wear them at least once. However - it is frustrating that there are so many super cute looking clothes that i never ever get to closet - let alone receive in a box. I rarely get my prioritized items either. Otherwise it has been a pretty good membership.
erinw144
November 24th, 2019
When Gwynnie Bee first stared, it was the answer to my "plus-sized" clothing woes. Fun, fashionable, affordable options in an array of brands and sizes. Now, due to my slightly larger size and the shift in focus to clothing for women of all sizes (read "normal sizes", and read it with sarcasm), there are only a handful of brands that comfortably fit and the company is no longer a safe haven for me. What started out as a godsend and even a bit of a body-positive experience has morphed into something that is, again, for the masses, and which no longer provides me the high quality service I need. This is why capitalism is a failed model for meeting human needs. Given the opportunity to meet the needs of the initial focused clientele, where there is a veritable clothing desert, Gwynnie Bee, like many companies, sold out their loyal customers to make more money.

You have to re-add them, but there is a "history" section that keeps track of your items so they are easier to find.

By Russelle H.
See more answers (3)

The clothes are cleaned and then sent out to the next person who requested that item in that size. After a period of time (not sure how long) the clothes are put into their for sale section of the site. I've purchased several items after wearing them at incredible savings.

By Teresa L.
See more answers (7)

They are used but have been laundered - you have no need to do that unless you wish to do so. Also they are usually in excellent shape. If you ever receive anything that isn't, make sure you let them know so they can pull it from their inventory.

By Sandie B.
See more answers (5)

Hi Tara - Everyone experiences the service differently. I think the best thing is to judge for yourself. We offer a 30 day free trial, which allows you to do just that. Before joining you can check out our FAQs & browse the collection. If you have any questions, please contact us at gwynnie@gwynniebee.com or 855-GWYNNIE

See more answers (3)

It means they will upgrade your items by 1 for the life of your plan. If you sign up for 5 items, and stay with 5 items, you will get 1 free upgrade meaning you will get 6 items. If you change your plan later however, that free upgrade could go away. SandieB

By Sandie B.
See more answers (3)

Canceling is super inconvenient. They allow you to upgrade by a push of a button but to cancel you have to call their phone number which is standard business EST. You can also email the provided address above but it doesn't work. Overall canceling is too much of a hassle. I would rather spend my money by buying the clothes for the amount I'm intially spending to rent it.

By Sara L.
See more answers (7)

Hi Wei - thanks so much for your interest in Gwynnie Bee! We currently start at a size 10. With summer approaching there will definitely be more sleeveless/shorter styles but you may want to check back in the fall for more modest silhouettes.