Review of Gwynnie Bee

Tel: 855-GWYNNIE(855-499-6643)
gwynnie@gwynniebee.com

kristenm130
5/31/19

I was LOVING this at first. But after a few weeks it started taking longer and longer to get items sent out to me. So essentially it was a week to get new items, AFTER I had notified them it was on it's way back AND dropped off at post office, still taking 2-3 days to get new items sent. And then I purchased an At Home item, and it still took 2-3 days to get a new item sent to me. Yes, I had a LONG list, more than 50 items, waiting in my closet to try. So if I am only getting to try 2 items a week, and I don't like them so don't wear them out. That is not worth the money for the subscription. If the turnaround doesn't improve in the next three weeks, I will be cancelling.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Kristen,

Many thanks for sharing your views.
We can see that you have subsequently reached out to us via email and were satisfied with the information/explanation provided.

We would encourage you to write in/call, as when you need - we would love to help you get the most out of your Gwynnie Bee subscription.

mariab377
5/29/19

After seeing a few video ads about Gwynnie Bee I was intrigued by their offerings and signed up. Upon receiving items I was pretty disappointed with the wear and tear of one of the items. Soon after, I had to leave out of the country for a family emergency. Upon return, I noticed I had been charged a 74 dollar fee. I called to cancel my subscription and to get my money back as I was not going to use their services that month or thereafter, but was denied a refund because they simply do not do refunds. The agent I spoke with was quick to defend their policy, almost as if that is the only type of phone calls they receive. Overall greatly disappointed. Do not recommend to anyone!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT RECOMMEND

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Maria,

We are so sorry for your less than satisfactory experience with our service (both in terms of the garments you received and the customer service).
Post a review of this case - we will be reaching out to you with an appropriate resolution, within the hour.

alyssae22
5/28/19

They make it next to impossible to cancel, the clothes are not well-made, and I got an email from a collection agency, claiming I owe them $375! This is a scam and you're better off supporting your local shops.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hello Alyssa,

Thanks for your feedback. We have reviewed your account and are reaching out to you with an explanation and resolution, via email, right away.

Best regards,
annab504
4/22/19

The quality of the clothes they offer a ok at best. They were mostly polyester and many of them were clearly worn. The only good part of the service was their outlet that often had very good prices but you were defintiely taking your chances because there was no returns.

However, the real problem came when I tried to cancel. I had to call in 3 times over 3 different months. Most recently, today, I was on hold for 15 minutes and no one picked up. I have better things to do than be on hold waiting for awful customer service! AVOID!

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hello Anna,

We are sad to learn of your intent to cancel and also apologize for not being able to assist you on phone, due to unusually high call volumes this morning.

Having said that, we will be reaching out to you via email right away – to better explain ourselves and address all your concerns.

Thanks for giving Gwynnie Bee a try.

Our very best,
amyr19
4/19/19

Bought "floral belted dress"on 4/4, shipped 4/17. The belted dress has no belt.bad customer service.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Amy,

We’re so sorry that the dress was shipped without the belt.
This is most unusual, not to mention embarrassing for us. We are reaching out to you right away with an email response and remediation.

Our kindest regards,
nikkis118
3/25/19

Do you not waste your money. You actually have to talk to someone on the phone to cancel. Complete waste of my time and money

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Nikki,

Thanks for your feedback. We are sorry to know that you are not happy with certain aspects of our service, because of which you wanted to cancel your membership. We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.

We ask that you call us to cancel your membership for two important reasons.
One: Your time is valuable, and we appreciate that. We want to take care of you quickly in a one-on-one chat, listen to your concerns and give you peace of mind that your account was cancelled successfully.
Two: We're a relatively young company, and we want to make sure we are addressing what matters most to our customers as we grow. Any feedback you share on your personal experience is highly valued by our team and will directly impact our service to our other members.

However, post the aforementioned conversation, should our members still choose to cancel – we honor their preference and immediately cancel the account.

Since we do not see an associated email ID in your review, to check your account details, we would request you to please call Gwynnie Bee customer service at 1-855-GWYNNIE (855-499-6643). Phone lines are available 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. ET Monday to Friday.

Many thanks,
mbd1
3/21/19

It's not a free trial, they hold the funds on your account. That's actually fraud and they could be sued

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Good evening,

We are sad to learn about your perception of our pre-authorisation process.

This common industry practice to check the card's validity, involves us placing a temporary hold on funds, which is voided from our end immediately. However, depending on your bank, the funds usually appear in your account in 2-3 days, or earlier.

You can be confident that the funds were immediately released from our side and that the 30-day Free Trial is 100% free indeed! It's completely on us.

Since we are unable to identify the associated account, kindly reach out to us at your earliest convenience at 1-855-499-6643. Our phone lines are available from 9am to 6pm, Monday - Friday. You may also email us at gwynnie@gwynniebee.com. We would be happy to help in any way we can.

andreae71
3/18/19

I completed the 30 day "Free Trial" in the morning and saw that in the afternoon that my bank account was drafted for $73 and change. I immediately cancelled in the same day. I was not supposed to be charged and felt that it was quite shady for this to occur. I spoke with Gwynnie Bee and they stated that the money was not taken out, however I spoke with my bank and was informed that this company put a hold on my account for this amount. It's been almost a week and this money has not been returned to me. 30 day free trial is laughable, and I mean this in the most sarcastic way.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hello Andrea,

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

We are sad to learn about your experience – please allow us to explain.
Yes, this pre-authorization is a common industry practice where a temporary hold on funds is placed, to check the card's validity and is voided from our end immediately. However, the funds usually appear in your account in 2-3 days.
Since we are unable to identify the associated account, kindly reach out to us at your earliest convenience at 1-855-499-6643. Our phone lines are available from 9am to 6pm, Monday - Friday. You may also email us at gwynnie@gwynniebee.com. We would be happy to share a receipt of the voided transaction with you.

We would encourage you to check with your bank as well, as the pre-authorization charges are immediately reversed by us.

We look forward to resolving this matter with you, soonest.

baes
3/16/19

Tried the 30 days, after watching their ad. You all do realize that the first person gets to keep their wardrobe, right? It's an investment? Anyways. It's just clothes that you newly get to try. But it's like renting an apartment instead of a mortgage. You'll always be paying out, multiple times depending on how many outfits.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Good evening Bae,

Thank you for your feedback.

We would love for you to have a great Free Trial and make the most of your subscription with us.
We see an opportunity here, to better familiarize you with how our service works.

Please do reachout to us at your earliest convenience at 1-855-499-6643. Our phone lines are available from 9am to 6pm, Monday - Friday. You may also email us at gwynnie@gwynniebee.com. Our customer service team would be glad to share certain beneficial details about the service and address any concerns you may have.

We look forward to hearing from you.

giae
3/8/19

Fabulous styles and great customer service...I would definitely recommend Gwynnie Bee to family and friends.

deressac
3/6/19

I like the fact there's no high pressure sales. In my line of business it's great having such a verity of outfits with out the stuffed closet, the to large or to small clothing, or outdated outfits.

carlitac
3/6/19

What could improve the next box processing time, delivery, and more accurate pictures of the items. Fast shipping is everything it's a deal breaker for me.

ashleyg232
3/6/19

In this world of 2-day shipping, it seems crazy that I have to wait a week to get the next box. If the could turn around shipping in 2 days, I would be much happier

jillr117
3/6/19

I felt the clothes were recycled not new. They didn't seem to fit my body and I felt bad sending anything back.

charm10
3/6/19

All was great when I began my journey with Gwynnie Bee. Have zero complaints about the quality of the clothes for the most part. I've needed to cancel my subscription and it has been like pulling teeth & challenging as I travel for a living in many different time zones. I'm still current stuck with the account months & months after I've tried to follow all of the run around instructions I've received. I should just be able to cancel my account by logging in and choosing to do so. Just not easy or great customer service from the user perspective.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Char,

We are sorry to hear about your experience while attempting to cancel your subscription.
The reason we request our members to call us to cancel is, that based on our experience, a considerable proportion of our members decide to stay on with us, post a conversation with our service representatives. A solution is usually worked out, based on our member’s reason for choosing to cancel.

That being said, if it is inconvenient for any of our members to call, we do process cancellations via email as well. One of us will be reaching out to you via email today to resolve this concern immediately.

Best regards,
debram278
3/6/19

I have canceled my account 3 times and they keep taking out their fee every month. I've got a lawyer and recorded conversations where I've canceled. So beware

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Debra,

We are sad to see that you intend to part ways. In response to your feedback here, we called you on the phone number on file, but were unable to get through. We then followed up with an email.

We will be reaching out to you today and will certainly resolve your concern. Thank you for your feedback and for giving Gwynnie bee a try.

joanb196
3/5/19

I love the variety of styles and colors I get with Gwynnie Bee. I get more compliments than ever when I'm wearing something new each week. I've been using the service for over a year!

amberp85
3/5/19

I never signed up for this sight, 6-8 months ago I called and canceled my fake subscription but the last few months they've decided to add me back on the program and start charging me again. This very frustrating and I want my refund!

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Amber,

Many thanks for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience and will be reaching out to you via email soonest. We will resolve this matter for you today.

Regards,
tiffanyb176
3/4/19

I've tried gwynnie bee multiple times, when I've had a change in job etc and need some new clothing options. This time, I'm postpartum and needed clothing to fit at a slightly bigger size. I used the size guides and over half the clothes didn't fit that the guides said should have. I also returned items, and with the shipping time and then apparently lag in processing at their site, it takes days to get anything shipped back. When I emailed to ask about an over a week delay in getting 2 items, they said it's because I had too many items out that they hadn't processed as back. Now that they've processed them, I've still received nothing.
For $95, I received 9 items. Only 4 fit. I purchased the 2 that fit the best, but that purchase price is on top of the $95 I paid. I could have just bought those items at a store for a similar price. So really $95 got me 2 items to wear once each. I'll be cancelling and won't bother trying again nor can I recommend it to others.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hello Tiffany,

Sadly, I see that you’ve cancelled your subscription earlier this month.

While we can understand and respect your reasons for choosing to opt out of this membership -we would love for you to give us another chance. Should you be so inclined, kindly call us at 855-499-6643 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm ET.

I am certain that our team members will be able to walk you through valuable tips to help get the most out of your subscription.

Again, we regret losing you and hope you’ll come back soon.

Regards,
alikej
3/2/19

Nice clothing and it is great way to shop. Only draw back is it take a week to get you a new piece. So a month membership doesn't give you many pieces.

adriennep24
3/1/19

I could not be happier with my Gwynnie Bee experience. Before signing up I was constantly stressed about what to wear each day and generally feeling frumpy and too overweight to be attractive. Now I have beautiful clothes that fit me perfectly all the time. My coworkers love to see what new outfit I'll have on next and I get compliments from all kinds of people ALL the time. It's also a blast trying new things risk free and getting to keep what I love. Not only has my wardrobe improved, but my confidence has as well. Gwynnie Bee is one of the best things I've done for myself in a long time.

jenniferg475
2/28/19

I enjoy receiving a new box for Gwynnie Bee every time. The fit is always spot on. Only drawback is the prices when you want to buy an outfit. I would've brought a few of the dresses but it was above $50. Which is not a good bargain to me.

erins169
2/28/19

I love being able to try out so many different clothes and being able to greatly expand my wardrobe without paying a fortune. I have also had good experiences with their customer service representatives.

kassieg4
2/28/19

Love the amount of options there are! I can switch it up from skirts to shirts! Very affordable and not obligated to buy anything !

briannaj12
2/28/19

I absolutely love! So fun getting different clothes. Super easy and fast. Life changer, financially life changing as well.

You have to re-add them, but there is a "history" section that keeps track of your items so they are easier to find.

By Russelle H.

Yes, however, if you request the new arrivals at the right time (when they come out, and right when you are returning something) then you can often get new clothing items.

By Beth S.

It means they will upgrade your items by 1 for the life of your plan. If you sign up for 5 items, and stay with 5 items, you will get 1 free upgrade meaning you will get 6 items. If you change your plan later however, that free upgrade could go away. SandieB

By Sandie B.

Hi Wei - thanks so much for your interest in Gwynnie Bee! We currently start at a size 10. With summer approaching there will definitely be more sleeveless/shorter styles but you may want to check back in the fall for more modest silhouettes.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

The important thing is to make sure everything is on it's way back before you cancel, and shipping each item separate may also help since this will give you a tracking number for each garment. I haven't cancelled, I truly like the service and have never had any issue that they didn't quickly resolve. Sometimes it takes longer then expected to get a package, but considering they usually send out the next garment(s) before they even receive yours back (assuming you notify them) I can deal with an occasional late shipment. Also they are constantly upgrading me and giving me an extra garment for 30 days, or 60 days... so even with late shipments, I come out way on top.

By Sandie B.

Hi Kathy - we actually don't have that data. We know that there are many women who absolutely love the service, who are all sizes. We hope you'll give the 30 day free trial a chance to see for yourself.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

Diana, that is a horrible explanation for a legitimate concern about LATE SHIPMENTS. If GB is promising you TWO DAY SHIPPING, you should get TWO DAY SHIPPING. PERIOD. (Or, just run!)

By Justin T.

Suzanne, Items process in 2-3 days and then ship via USPS Priority Mail. Those on the 3-item plan usually receive 9-12 garments per month depending on how fast they return them. We have a "Return Notification" feature where you can give us a heads up items are on their way back to us and we can start processing your next package. We'd love for you to try the 30-day free trial to see how many garments you can get for yourself! Our average turnaround time is 4-7 days depending on if you use our return notification feature & where you live. The return notification feature lets you tell us when you're returning an item, so we do not wait to physically receive it & can start processing your replacement within an hour of clicking.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

Hi Pamela, Thanks for contacting us. Joining is quite simple, just go to https://closet.gwynniebee.com/pages/ultimate-closet & click the purple get started box. You'll need to set up an account & select a password. The system will also ask you to select a free trial plan -1, 2 or 3 garments out at a time. Most people select our 3 plan, cause it'll get you the most clothes. You can change you plan at any time, however if you want to change plans before being billed simply change it before your 1st bill date. At this point the system will ask you to enter your credit card info, this is needed to verify your card since we're sending out merchandise or in case you wish to purchase anything. Your credit card will be pre-authorized for the full amount of your plan plus tax, the pre-auth usually drops off within minutes of joining. Next is the fun part, building your closet. You'll add all the styles you like (in your size) to your closet. Once you reach the minimum (usually 8 items) the system will take over & randomly select items based on availability & process them for shipping. When you receive your rental box - wear your garments & enjoy. When you're ready to exchange them simply notify us online (under the garment picture), drop them in the pre-paid return bag (no need to wash them, we'll do that) & mail them at any USPS drop box or post office. We'll start prepping your replacement box once you notify us online. Check out our FAQs for more info. Or if you have any additional questions, please contact us at gwynnie@gwynniebee.com or 855GWYNNIE.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

Hi Mischele, Thanks for your interest in Gwynnie Bee. The best way to judge our customer service is to try us out yourself. That's why we offer a 30 day free trial - check out our fashions, fun & customer service 1st hand. Try us us, we're absolutely free (we do pre-authorize credit cards), if you decide it's not for you, just cancel before your 1st bill date to avoid being billed. Please read our FAQs for more info (https://support.gwynniebee.com/hc/en-us) or contact us at gwynnie@gwynniebee.com or 855-GWYNNIE, for more info.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Gwynnie Bee staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Gwynnie Bee