GLS

GLS has a consumer rating of 1 star from 5 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. GLS ranks 180th among Shipping sites.

How would you rate GLS?

“Damaged parcel”

Andrea H.
9/16/20

GLS damaged the parcel GLS didn't deliver the parcel, but returned it back to sender, damaged repacked in different box, with missing items and damaged items. I contacted gls slovakia customer service, who were Really rude and unprofessional and they asked for the claim form to be filled in online. They wouldn't provide any info how did the damage the parcel, why it looked like the trash bin and why was parcel sent between Hungary and Germany 3 times forth and back. They simply declined the claim blamed me that parcel was incorrectly wrapped. My question is why was parcel collect by gls driver and why he didn't refuse it ad it states on their collection slip, that driver is only allowed to collect correctly wrapped parcels. GLS don't value the customers, all they are interested in is your money, customer service employees are very unprofessional and try to get yo off the phone as soon as possible.

andreah406
September 16th, 2020
GLS damaged the parcel
leonardoh28
July 22nd, 2020
I have a package with them for 7 days in France and no updates.
No way to contact customer service.
Stay way!
dinisb
January 14th, 2020
Terrible.
Mobile phone was stolen. They kept their european tracking info (the one used by the seller to check the delivery) stating "delivering today" for more than one month (and counting) whilst the local website (and info from the very hard to reach local support) had been updated with "item stolen".
Refused to contact the seller and to update european tracking site and stating that seller had to contact them first (of course seller would always get the "in delivery" status on the european site. The local gls site (portuguese site) had a different tracking number and, off course, was not the official tracking site to have value to the seller;
They don't respond to the emails nor to the remarks you post on their own forms in their webpages.
The contact telephone is is a premium number and they take like 30 minutes to reach an human to answer (and you pay fto listen to music) and then, they don't solve anything.
I was able to reach them through a complaint in a compliants portal In portugal. They replied there. But never fixed anything - their answers are mainly pre-written answers.
Terrible. Hope they go away from market - companies like this are the the reason for people to distrust sellers and e-commerce.
svetlanac8
November 1st, 2019
The worst delivery company I've ever used! The track&trace link was not showing any time frame of the delivery until the people just came to the house when I was at work. I said that I was not informed that they were coming, so I cannot be there now and said that they have to deliver on other day. People on the phone said "no, we cannot come other day, it's too far". I said "then leave the boxes next to the gates". They said "ok". After a few hours I was back home and all of the boxes were threw over the fence! (it was baby stuff including 2 beds and the matras). As a result everything was dirty and broken. The store promised to pick it up again via GLS, but they can only come on a business day and there is no time frame! So I had to skip my whole work day for that but NOBODY EVEN CAME! The online store told me that GLS just cancelled pick up with no explanations. Point. Nobody didn't inform me in any way, not the store not GLS. So now I have to skip another work day next week and loose money and time because of them. So if you ever buy anything in internet ALWAYS look at who will deliver and if it's GLS then find another store because you will gain only problems. They don't care about people and have no client service or support.
johnj428
May 21st, 2018
I had a package sent from France on the 9th May through GLS and after seeing the package was still in France on the 14th after 6 scans I contacted the sender and then GLS.
The sender Pneus tyres told me I would have the package tomorrow which turned out to be a lie. After contacting several divisions including the French outlet of GLS who thought it sufficient to just directed me to their app to check what I already knew I eventually found out that they had no idea where the package was. After agonising about it for the next 24 hrs I received an email stating that an investigation was started to see where my package was. That was a week ago and I still don't know whats happening and to make matters worse the sender will not refund my money until that investigation is complete.
Beggars belief!

Tip for consumers: I dont know what to tell others! I know I still don't have my package or my refund!!!

ALmost impossible. And they try to make money from their own mistakes - their number is a toll number, at least in portugal

By dinis b.

GLS is the worst logistics company I have dealt with in my 47 years life

By dinis b.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the GLS staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GLS?

Have a question about GLS?