Review of AmericanMuscle

Tel: 1-844-444-7336
support@americanmuscle.com

jehadm2
5/14/19

I purchased a set of wheels with tires on them (Michelin pilot super sports) and they sent me 2 of the wrong tires on my 2 front wheels, i called them for them to fix it with me willing to return the other tires that i never purchased , and they said it was out of stock, so it would take 2-3 weeks for them to ship which is awesome. I call back 1 month later with no tires and they tell me they arnt sending me any tires. after they sent me a return label for the wrong tires and a order confirmation for the right tires. Dont purchase from them unless you want a headache.

jamesd896
5/8/19

I RECENTLY ORDERED 1600$ IN MODS FOR MY 2015 MUSTANG. THIS INCLUDED SIDE SCOOPS AND A REAR WINDOW LOUVER . I RECIEVED THE SIDE SCOOPS AND THEY WAS THE WRONG COLOR SO I SENT THEM BACK AND INFORMED THEM IT DIDNT COME WITH MOUNTING HARDWARE. THE SENT ME THE NEW ONES BACK AND SAME SITUATION NO MOUNTING TAPE!. SO I MOVED ON TO INSTALL THE REAR WINDOW LOUVER AND GUESS WHAT NO MOUNTING BRACKETS! I CALLED THEM 3 DAYS IN A ROW TO BE TOLD THEY COULDNT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE THEY WERE SOLD OUT AND THAT I WOULD HAVE TO FIND THEM AT A HARDWARE STORE! I PAID 400$ FOR A LOUVER THAT CANT BE INSTALLED AND ITS UP TO ME TO FIND THE HARDWARE?? YOUVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!! I DECIDED TO GIVE THEM ONE MORE CHANCE AND ORDERED SIDE WINDOW LOUVERS AND GUESS WHAT WRONG COLOR!!! THIS PLACE IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE WITH ZERO INTENTIONS ON MAKING THE EXPIERIANCE WITH THE CUSTOMER BETTER! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR TAKE YOUR BUSINESS SOMEWHERE ELSE BECAUSE AMERICAN MUSCLE IS H O R R I B L E !!!!!!!!!!!!

henryl118
5/6/19

I ordered a set of brakes and rotors from American Muscle in early April 2019. I received 1 of 2 boxes on time. I've made several attempts to get a resolve and receive the other half of my order that shows in their system that it never left the warehouse. I have been given the runaround over numerous phone calls and can get neither the rest of my package or a refund because "the supervisors are unavailable". I have given my number for a call-back that I "will receive within 24 hours" twice. I don't understand why this process is so complicated but I know I will never again shop American Muscle for my Mustang wants/needs.

willb133
4/24/19

I had a failure on one of my 2000 hp half shafts on my 2015 Mustang GT, my customer service rep called the manufacturer, whom I was unable to get in touch with previously and got my issue resolved. He genuinely cared and I've dealt with other's in their customer service who also genuinely did their best. Couldn't recommend them more.

orlandov12
4/23/19

Anything electronic has no warranty unless you buy one. But if you buy one and the item arrives and it is not to your liking or standards. Well you can't return it because its covered by the warranty you purchased.

kernd
4/18/19

My first order and my last. I have contacted customer service twice regarding an order placed over a week ago. Each time I was told that the part ordered is in stock yet they can't tell me why it didn't ship.

Both times I was told they will research and update me by email. No response either time.

One and done for me. Many other sites to buy from. Get your act together!

lesters36
4/18/19

Overheating after install and slows water pump but you don't see that on there video. Scamming piece of $#*!!

williama320
4/15/19

They shipped a part that did not fit my car contrary to what their video indicated - waited a ling time to get the refund
Still waiting for another refund for another order that I canceled consecutively - they received the item back 5 days ago and they need another 10 business days to issue a refund.

Customer service is so bad - they treat you like s**t

robertp982
4/14/19

Ok, I ordered a set of gt350 aluminum fenders for my 16 mustang that were on sight for 699$ a pair, when ( it) came in it was only the left and was dented. So I called for a rma and to tell them I only got one . They said send back and they would get them out to me again.. next shipment I got the right fender and was dented, again RMA for return. Now they are out of stock so they tell me, this is where the scamming comes in) i told them just ship when back in stock.. all good just have to wait longer , so I thought.. get first email saying discontinued, second email refunding my money , then they Change the price to 1399 for pair and magically back in stock . I've bought 1000s of dollers and they just bent me over with out a thought about it.. I even got pictures of there sight and cost before they tried to scam it away like nothing happens .. don't wast the money on them I did , go to cj ponyparts or LMR..

leeh238
4/1/19

GOT A SCTX4 FROM AMERICAN MUSCLE...IT WAS SUPPOSE TO COME WITH 3 CUSTOM TUNES...PIECE OF JUNK ASK ME ONE QUESTION....WHAT OCTANE I USE...I'LL NEVER PURCHASE FROM AMERICAN MUSCLE AGAIN...

scotts762
3/20/19

I have placed many orders with American Muscle and they screw up more times than not. Their worst is their shipping. they collect money and guarantee arrival dates and more times than not they miss the date. VERY poor customer service and a total lack of integrity. Will NEVER order from them again

robbyh16
3/19/19

In my 30 years of buying parts for cars, my experience with AM is by far the worse ever. They make promises they don't keep and don't ship items when they say. I would NEVER do business with this company again. I would give them a negative rating if it were possible !!!!

williamh1032
3/18/19

Had a nightmare buying a set of rims for my 2011 Mustang from poor customer service, wrong size sent, actually double charging me and not returning it to my bank account till 3 days later. Okay so I give them a second chance a few weeks later on an exhaust system for same Mustang. They have a 15% off St Patrick's Day 2019 coupon but I don't get it till the day after and I CALLED THEM WHEN A $10 OFF COUPON POSTED YET DIDN'T HAVE DECENCY TO TELL ME ABOUT 15% OFF ONE! They refuse to acknowledge it, tomorrow morning calling to have them issue return on damn exhaust I ordered & send back. These people are criminals don't buy from them no matter how good the deal looks deal with anyone else....absolute scum!

hilaryb28
2/6/19

We ordered $1800 wheels and tires from AmericanMuscle.com, delivered on 1/30/19. One of the 4 gloss black wheels had 5 large scratches on it. The packaging they came in was in perfect condition, so it obviously left their warehouse in this condition. In addition, 2 of the other wheels had non-functional TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) sensors, a clear safety issue. We called customer service, and were told to do the following:
1. They'd send us a new wheel but it wouldn't be delivered for a week
2. We can't drive the car with the wheels without risking voiding any replacements or reimbursement. Even though we are down to one car and now one of us has had to drive 1 hour out of our way both to/from work every day
3. Once the new wheel gets here, we have to take it and the scratched wheel and tire to a tire shop and have the tire switched to the new wheel, balanced and then bring it back to the house, put the new wheel on the car, then go back to the shop and have them diagnose what's wrong with the sensors before they'll decide whether to issue a refund/replacement/etc. All at our own cost, which they said we would need to provide detailed receipts for to get any reimbursement
4. All of this has to be done at our expense and time before they'll do anything else
Today (2/6/19) the new wheel was delivered, but it is the wrong wheel and the wrong size!
Customer service said they won't send the correct wheel until we return/they receive the incorrect one and refused to let us speak to a supervisor. We're going on 2 weeks with a car we can't drive and are so far looking at $2K+ out of pocket, with no offer to overnight the correct, undamaged product or any reimbursement for our time (we've had to take time off work for this) and frustration. We have had smaller orders from this company handled poorly before, but to spend this amount of money and be treated so callously is poor customer service and a total lack of professionalism. We understand mistakes happen, but this is unacceptable.

jimp155
1/15/19

Made the mistake to purchase gift cards to get the extras for Christmas. The part was a guarantee fit for the vehicle. It did not work with my vehicle. They made me take it to an auto mechanic to prove it didn't work before they would accept the refund (extra expense). Now all I have is 250.00 of store credit with nothing to purchase. Even though part of the purchase was cash, they use the gift card money first as the return. READ REVIEWS BEFORE MAKING THE PURCHASE!

prestong19
12/24/18

They have some knowledge for mustang setups but reallly all they care about is selling products. They give false information on many products. They slap on a fake "market price" to make it seem your getting a good deal every time. They often rebrand products and sell them as another. They hide most negative reviews for products as well. Product review systems should ALWAYS allow all and every appropriate review good or negitive. I'd use other muscle aftermarket websites. I have up on American muscle a long time ago.

robertg753
12/5/18

Site advertises 3-5 business day shipping. Only to receive my order 10 days later. Offered lame excuses on how UPS doesn't work on weekends. Oh really??

kylec137
12/1/18

Ordered new wheels and tires and locking lug nuts. The lug nuts stated I would receive them after 2 days and the wheels and tire kit 3-5 days. So far it has been a week and none of my order has even shipped yet. I contacted AM a few days ago asking why it didn't ship yet and their response was simply "it takes 3-5 days to mount and balance the wheels and process the order" (which is bs considering the site says I will receive order in 3-5 days) after saying that they cancelled the chat and I have not heard from them since and my $2,000 order is no where to be seen.

lawrencem120
11/26/18

I ordered some grill extension pieces, which arrived with duplicate upper pieces, instead of left and right. I contacted American Muscle and thus began the saga of never ending excuses and so many emails to simply get my correct parts I had already been charged for. Went on for months. We contacted an individual from parent company (Turn 5) to try and get resolution. More promises....we will get you taken care if etc. I eventually filed a complaint with the better business bureau. American Muscle told the BBB that "the customer hasn't been charged" which I pointed out to the BBB as a complete fabrication with a screen shot of AM's lie. AM then said, we meant the customer hasn't been charged for the recorder....what the what. I can deal with slow and inefficient, particularly for something specific like a MMD part in this case. I eventually got a refund and shipped back the wrong parts. It would not surprise me in the least if that same box of wrong parts gets shipped to another customer. It is as though young children are handling this companies affairs. Plenty of other Mustang aftermarket suppliers out there sans the major disfunctionality. I bought a new exhaust from LMR recently and other items from CJ Pony Parts. I scraped off my American Muscle window banner and asked them nicely to delete my acount which of course they haven't done. Eventually this stuff will catch up with them in all likeliehood from a business perspective. I had spent well over a thousand dollars over a few years with them.

Tip for consumers: Try some of the other after market parts retailers who are trying harder.

kennyl45
11/18/18

Ordered ignition wires for 87-93 mustang they send me 94/95 ignition coil wire is diffrent length.i call them they send me new box. I return old wires. I then orderd another item . They take your money and then told me I was red flagged cause I didfnt mail 1 st box back. I returned it 100 percent . They argued with me kept my money on hold for 5 days. I had to dispute it wirh bank. My customer was very unhappy. Any thing American muscle sells. Summit or late model restoration will have. And will price match. American muscle is a joke and at every nmra I'll make sure I goto there stand and tell them how unprofessional they are and let every customer never to order from them.

tomm558
6/28/18

So, I bought a 400$ tuner off of American Muscle after buying all my other parts from Summit Racing. So, the car is running lean and I need to tune it. Tuner gets to me, AND NO CORDS. Gonna be hard to tune a car with no cords. So I call em up and the first guy puts me on a "brief hold" Which apparently means hanging up on me after a minute and never calling back. The third person I spoke with sent the cords out with no issues, but they are sending it with STANDARD SHIPPING? So there was a screw up rendering my product useless until the rest comes, and you can't even give me expedited shipping? I'll be staying with Summit from now on, buying from here was a mistake.

jays326
6/26/18

They sold me a bunch of parts that don't fit my car when their website stated they would and aren't refunding me or compensating me at all even though it's their mistake and wouldn't even give me $10 for leaving the first review on their website even though it was a bad one, that's their fault as well! I want my refund and my $10 I was promised! I'm out money for their map sensor, another one I bought from a separate company that did the same thing and the third one I had to buy that actually fit my car(thank god) this has been a night mare and these guys are an absolute joke, Jackson does not know what he is talking about point blank!

terrym282
6/25/18

There is an error when I log-in, and it states, call Customer Service if this continues. I have called multiple times and each time the rep will say, "oh, we will get someone right on that!" It's been over a month and not so much as an e-mail or call. Nothing! In the past, AM has sent me the wrong parts a few times times and on orders worth hundred of dollars, not only the wrong spoiler the second time, but the wrong one again with incorrect color. I canceled the order and purchased a spoiler from their competitor who got it right the first time. American Muscle does have some great products with decent pricing, but their customer service is one of the worst I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. AM! you can do better, much better. CJ Pony parts and Carid, you have my business now!

tavionm
5/30/18

This website is simply the most amazing car website out there. It has a massive selection of parts, great guides and videos and awesome prices. My mustang was build estimated to cost $100,000 but with American muscle it only cost $50,000. Great job and keep up the good work American muscle.

ivani40
5/20/18

Ordered a few parts (SR rear control arm kit, Ball joints, etc.) which were available at the moment of purchase and had 2 days delivery status.After payment was made, the order has gone too deep ''processing mode '' for about 20 days!, all of those 20 days I desperately tried to contact their customer support and even posted about my problem on their Facebook page, but has been totally ignored; calls - set on hold, costumer support tickets - no answer, FB posts - ignored. Finally, my glass of patience has filled up and I contacted them via bank with official statements of my money return. Basically the next day Their costumer support contacted me, apologizing and telling that one of the orders items (mainly SR rear control arm kit) is in ''back order'', so I canceled that order and they have sent me the rest of the items few days after, who knows how many days it would took to get answer from them if not the Bank.... and all this **** after spending there over 2000$ in 3 months, totally embarrassing!

Be very careful with them They take your money and let you wait

By William A.

From my experience, I would expect a lot of support. Someone left out the SUPPORT from customer support.

By Steve M.

Questions? Get answers from the AmericanMuscle staff and other customers.

12 Photos for AmericanMuscle