Review of AmericanMuscle

Tel: 1-844-444-7336
support@americanmuscle.com

scotts762
3/20/19

I have placed many orders with American Muscle and they screw up more times than not. Their worst is their shipping. they collect money and guarantee arrival dates and more times than not they miss the date. VERY poor customer service and a total lack of integrity. Will NEVER order from them again

robbyh16
3/19/19

In my 30 years of buying parts for cars, my experience with AM is by far the worse ever. They make promises they don't keep and don't ship items when they say. I would NEVER do business with this company again. I would give them a negative rating if it were possible !!!!

williamh1032
3/18/19

Had a nightmare buying a set of rims for my 2011 Mustang from poor customer service, wrong size sent, actually double charging me and not returning it to my bank account till 3 days later. Okay so I give them a second chance a few weeks later on an exhaust system for same Mustang. They have a 15% off St Patrick's Day 2019 coupon but I don't get it till the day after and I CALLED THEM WHEN A $10 OFF COUPON POSTED YET DIDN'T HAVE DECENCY TO TELL ME ABOUT 15% OFF ONE! They refuse to acknowledge it, tomorrow morning calling to have them issue return on damn exhaust I ordered & send back. These people are criminals don't buy from them no matter how good the deal looks deal with anyone else....absolute scum!

hilaryb28
2/6/19

We ordered $1800 wheels and tires from AmericanMuscle.com, delivered on 1/30/19. One of the 4 gloss black wheels had 5 large scratches on it. The packaging they came in was in perfect condition, so it obviously left their warehouse in this condition. In addition, 2 of the other wheels had non-functional TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) sensors, a clear safety issue. We called customer service, and were told to do the following:
1. They'd send us a new wheel but it wouldn't be delivered for a week
2. We can't drive the car with the wheels without risking voiding any replacements or reimbursement. Even though we are down to one car and now one of us has had to drive 1 hour out of our way both to/from work every day
3. Once the new wheel gets here, we have to take it and the scratched wheel and tire to a tire shop and have the tire switched to the new wheel, balanced and then bring it back to the house, put the new wheel on the car, then go back to the shop and have them diagnose what's wrong with the sensors before they'll decide whether to issue a refund/replacement/etc. All at our own cost, which they said we would need to provide detailed receipts for to get any reimbursement
4. All of this has to be done at our expense and time before they'll do anything else
Today (2/6/19) the new wheel was delivered, but it is the wrong wheel and the wrong size!
Customer service said they won't send the correct wheel until we return/they receive the incorrect one and refused to let us speak to a supervisor. We're going on 2 weeks with a car we can't drive and are so far looking at $2K+ out of pocket, with no offer to overnight the correct, undamaged product or any reimbursement for our time (we've had to take time off work for this) and frustration. We have had smaller orders from this company handled poorly before, but to spend this amount of money and be treated so callously is poor customer service and a total lack of professionalism. We understand mistakes happen, but this is unacceptable.

jimp155
1/15/19

Made the mistake to purchase gift cards to get the extras for Christmas. The part was a guarantee fit for the vehicle. It did not work with my vehicle. They made me take it to an auto mechanic to prove it didn't work before they would accept the refund (extra expense). Now all I have is 250.00 of store credit with nothing to purchase. Even though part of the purchase was cash, they use the gift card money first as the return. READ REVIEWS BEFORE MAKING THE PURCHASE!

prestong19
12/24/18

They have some knowledge for mustang setups but reallly all they care about is selling products. They give false information on many products. They slap on a fake "market price" to make it seem your getting a good deal every time. They often rebrand products and sell them as another. They hide most negative reviews for products as well. Product review systems should ALWAYS allow all and every appropriate review good or negitive. I'd use other muscle aftermarket websites. I have up on American muscle a long time ago.

robertg753
12/5/18

Site advertises 3-5 business day shipping. Only to receive my order 10 days later. Offered lame excuses on how UPS doesn't work on weekends. Oh really??

kylec137
12/1/18

Ordered new wheels and tires and locking lug nuts. The lug nuts stated I would receive them after 2 days and the wheels and tire kit 3-5 days. So far it has been a week and none of my order has even shipped yet. I contacted AM a few days ago asking why it didn't ship yet and their response was simply "it takes 3-5 days to mount and balance the wheels and process the order" (which is bs considering the site says I will receive order in 3-5 days) after saying that they cancelled the chat and I have not heard from them since and my $2,000 order is no where to be seen.

lawrencem120
11/26/18

I ordered some grill extension pieces, which arrived with duplicate upper pieces, instead of left and right. I contacted American Muscle and thus began the saga of never ending excuses and so many emails to simply get my correct parts I had already been charged for. Went on for months. We contacted an individual from parent company (Turn 5) to try and get resolution. More promises....we will get you taken care if etc. I eventually filed a complaint with the better business bureau. American Muscle told the BBB that "the customer hasn't been charged" which I pointed out to the BBB as a complete fabrication with a screen shot of AM's lie. AM then said, we meant the customer hasn't been charged for the recorder....what the what. I can deal with slow and inefficient, particularly for something specific like a MMD part in this case. I eventually got a refund and shipped back the wrong parts. It would not surprise me in the least if that same box of wrong parts gets shipped to another customer. It is as though young children are handling this companies affairs. Plenty of other Mustang aftermarket suppliers out there sans the major disfunctionality. I bought a new exhaust from LMR recently and other items from CJ Pony Parts. I scraped off my American Muscle window banner and asked them nicely to delete my acount which of course they haven't done. Eventually this stuff will catch up with them in all likeliehood from a business perspective. I had spent well over a thousand dollars over a few years with them.

Tip for consumers: Try some of the other after market parts retailers who are trying harder.

kennyl45
11/18/18

Ordered ignition wires for 87-93 mustang they send me 94/95 ignition coil wire is diffrent length.i call them they send me new box. I return old wires. I then orderd another item . They take your money and then told me I was red flagged cause I didfnt mail 1 st box back. I returned it 100 percent . They argued with me kept my money on hold for 5 days. I had to dispute it wirh bank. My customer was very unhappy. Any thing American muscle sells. Summit or late model restoration will have. And will price match. American muscle is a joke and at every nmra I'll make sure I goto there stand and tell them how unprofessional they are and let every customer never to order from them.

tomm558
6/28/18

So, I bought a 400$ tuner off of American Muscle after buying all my other parts from Summit Racing. So, the car is running lean and I need to tune it. Tuner gets to me, AND NO CORDS. Gonna be hard to tune a car with no cords. So I call em up and the first guy puts me on a "brief hold" Which apparently means hanging up on me after a minute and never calling back. The third person I spoke with sent the cords out with no issues, but they are sending it with STANDARD SHIPPING? So there was a screw up rendering my product useless until the rest comes, and you can't even give me expedited shipping? I'll be staying with Summit from now on, buying from here was a mistake.

jays326
6/26/18

They sold me a bunch of parts that don't fit my car when their website stated they would and aren't refunding me or compensating me at all even though it's their mistake and wouldn't even give me $10 for leaving the first review on their website even though it was a bad one, that's their fault as well! I want my refund and my $10 I was promised! I'm out money for their map sensor, another one I bought from a separate company that did the same thing and the third one I had to buy that actually fit my car(thank god) this has been a night mare and these guys are an absolute joke, Jackson does not know what he is talking about point blank!

terrym282
6/25/18

There is an error when I log-in, and it states, call Customer Service if this continues. I have called multiple times and each time the rep will say, "oh, we will get someone right on that!" It's been over a month and not so much as an e-mail or call. Nothing! In the past, AM has sent me the wrong parts a few times times and on orders worth hundred of dollars, not only the wrong spoiler the second time, but the wrong one again with incorrect color. I canceled the order and purchased a spoiler from their competitor who got it right the first time. American Muscle does have some great products with decent pricing, but their customer service is one of the worst I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. AM! you can do better, much better. CJ Pony parts and Carid, you have my business now!

tavionm
5/30/18

This website is simply the most amazing car website out there. It has a massive selection of parts, great guides and videos and awesome prices. My mustang was build estimated to cost $100,000 but with American muscle it only cost $50,000. Great job and keep up the good work American muscle.

ivani40
5/20/18

Ordered a few parts (SR rear control arm kit, Ball joints, etc.) which were available at the moment of purchase and had 2 days delivery status.After payment was made, the order has gone too deep ''processing mode '' for about 20 days!, all of those 20 days I desperately tried to contact their customer support and even posted about my problem on their Facebook page, but has been totally ignored; calls - set on hold, costumer support tickets - no answer, FB posts - ignored. Finally, my glass of patience has filled up and I contacted them via bank with official statements of my money return. Basically the next day Their costumer support contacted me, apologizing and telling that one of the orders items (mainly SR rear control arm kit) is in ''back order'', so I canceled that order and they have sent me the rest of the items few days after, who knows how many days it would took to get answer from them if not the Bank.... and all this **** after spending there over 2000$ in 3 months, totally embarrassing!

jeffb382
5/5/18

Spent over 2 grand on the website. Most of the parts I received were in good condition. Received in a timely fashion. A set of headers I purchased had a very damaged area where the header meshes with the mid pipe adapter. Obviously a fault in quality control by both the manufacturer and distributor. E-mail customer service wasn't responding so I called and they set me up with a return/exchange. I was told they would be shipped out when they received notification that it was dropped off or by the very latest Saturday. Called today, they told me that it would be shipped out on Monday. Not only that, it would be sent standard shipping. When I inquired about expedited shipping options, I was told "that's just our policy. anything else I can help you with? Well have a good day". LoL I normally don't write reviews but this company is pretty low when it comes to customer service. That's unfortunate.

danar77
4/24/18

I had placed an order for seats, web site says in stock, weeks go by and nothing, called and told me they would be shipped in 3 weeks, 3 weeks go by and nothing, and then I saw a charge for full price on my charge, I called and they said sometimes customers like the charge up front and the seats were going to be another 4 weeks and I said, WTF. I said cancel my order and have a manager call me, 1 week later and still nothing. I will never buy from them!!

johnd1466
4/19/18

Purchased 2 bullitt Anthracite wheels from American Muscle what I received is garbage parts made in China, had to use triple the weights to get the wheels balanced and the car still vibrates at high speeds.
Avoid this company

jayy26
4/2/18

I dont even know where to start. I bought the Mcleod rst clutch kit rated at (800hp). Had it installed... broke it in 500 hundred miles, traction control off, in stop and go traffic. The whole nine yards, anyway went to run the car bit. Car slips in third and forth at high rpm. ( note: my car is pushing about 580 to the wheels) I call America Muscle and some female answers. I explain my issue. I was surprised at what they told me... that my car wasnt making enough power to make the clutch engage wtf... lol ridiculous! They pretty much told me I was screwed and didnt offer no exchange or anything. Its a damn shame, I would recommend shopping Mcleod website before shopping here. Horrible company with Little mechanical knowledge.

georget156
3/12/18

Ordered wheel kit told me ups delivered ups did not have my package and they tell me to wait its been a week and a half and nothing is here horrible customer service

benjaminm51
2/1/18

First, I must say I am surprised at the competency level from some of the employees that work at American Muscle. You will see why when you reach the end of my honest review. On January 31, 2018, I took my 2013 Ford Mustang to a Firestone auto repair center because of a coolant leak that I discovered on my driveway. It turns out my aftermarket radiator was leaking. Ok, so I thought, first thing I must do is call American Muscle. Keep in mind, I fully understand that the radiator was purchased 3 years and 3 months ago and I fully understand that it is out of warranty. To make a long story short, a guy by the name of Brad said he would replace or issued a refund on my broken radiator, which cost me $684. He said it was already approved by a supervisor. Brad offered me two options. First option, they were replacing the radiator with a new one, second option, they would issue a full refund. All I needed to do was take pictures of the leaking radiator and send them a copy of the invoice from Firestone that shows that the radiator was in fact leaking. I told him I would give him that information immediately and thanked him a million times. I was so excited and thought, "this is incredible!" At the moment, I could not decide what to do, so I told Brad if I can call him back later when I decided if I was going to take the refund or get a replacement radiator. Brad said to take my time and to call him back when I was ready. Keep in mind, I asked Brad if there would be a problem if I called back and someone else answered the phone. In other words, would other employees have knowledge to the decision that was made regarding a replacement or refund? He said not to worry, he made notes on his end and said it has been approved by a supervisor. Great news right? At approximately 8:38pm, I called American Muscle and decided I wanted a replacement radiator. I spoke with some guy, dont remember his name, and explained the situation. This guy suddenly started playing dumb and said he did not know what I was talking about. I explained to him that a decision was made by Brads supervisor to replace or issue a refund for my broken radiator. This guy was clueless. He was either new to the job or simply incompetent. I asked for a supervisor. Here's where things get awkward. I spoke with some guy by the name of George Dietrich and explained my situation for the hundredth time. This guy, for some reason, decided to ask me 100 question, such as; Who approved it?, What do you mean a refund?, Who told you this?, Why did they tell you this?, Why did they make this decision?, etc. I told him flat out, Look George, the decision was already made, you seem like you are going against or not liking the decision that another supervisor made. Then he became sarcastic and said that he is the highest supervisor and can override anyone else's decision. I told him to be very cautious about making any kinds of irrational decisions and told him flat out that he was making me pretty upset right about now. He insisted that because the radiator I purchased from them is a little over 3 years old, they do not issue refunds or replacements. Keep in mind, this guy was not understanding where I was coming from. I felt I was talking to a robot. I repeated over and over, "George, the decision was already made, do not go around messing up this arrangement that I made with another employee". Nope, he could not, would not understand. He seemed to take this very personal as if he was the owner of American Muscle. Then at one point he laughed and I said, What is so funny? I must say, this is one immature and ignorant human being. I have never been treated like this before by a major company. Someone else had already made the last and final decision on my complaint. Why would this other incompetent person come in and ruin things? It is not my fault I called late in the evening and was unable to speak with Brad. Everyone here should be on the same page. These employees should be retrained on how to speak with customers. Communication is essential for running a business such as this one. They should be ashamed of themselves for doing this to me. The company made a promise and could not keep it simply because of one incompetent person that didnt like someone elses decision. I never wish to do business with American Muscle, ever again. Worthless company. One last thing, I did receive a confirmation email from American Muscle along with a UPS label, which came from Brad, but yet George is made an executive decision not to honor a refund. Worthless company.

johnv171
1/26/18

Ordered set of rotors beginning on December, call first week in January to check status, they say FedEx delivered...told me to call FedEx. FedEx after two weeks tells me to tell American muscle to file claim. Another two weeks and told FedEx delivered. They tell me to call back with FedEx on line to disputes...I do that and of course it goes to voicemail. Half a dozen calls back and forth and hours wasted on both ends for. $100 set of rotors. End of day, there prices are deceiving as you sometimes never get the parts. Better to go with CJ.

dk106
12/8/17

I ordered a locking fuel door and after five days of processing the order, PayPal was charged $129.95. After another day the order still said processing online. I called the customer service department and they said that the order system said shipped but did not have a tracking number. Harry said he would send an email and inquire about the order status and someone would respond to me by email. I did get a response by email later that day and they said the item was out of stock and would take three weeks to get the part. When i ordered the part i specifically made sure their online system said in stock and the printed receipt said in stock. I told them to cancel the order and refund the money to PayPal. I then immediately pulled up the part online and it said in stock. Good thing I paid by PayPal as they will settle grievances for their customers.

Tip for consumers: If you have to order from them use PayPal for protection.

johng557
12/3/17

I was looking for some running boards for my truck and found carr steps. I put them in my cart and kept looking for something better . I found some westin boards and purchased the set which took a month to recieve . 2 months later i got an email stating my order was shipped and i was charged $410 . These people keep your INFO and will charge you !!! After contacting my bank , new card , and returned my money what a hassle will NEVER order from AM

markg254
11/24/17

Their black Friday sales are a bait. People who saw the big 78% discount on the Bilstein Strut&shock. FALSE ADVERTISEMENT ALERT!!!

First of all, their customer service is really terrible. Shannon straight up told me Do you even have a Mustang?

I dont know what Shannon was thinking, but she probably thought I was dumb because of my Asian accent. (Not the first time dealing with people like her btw) and hoped I go away thats why she kept put me on hold.

Anyway, they can't even handle a Black Friday sale, and doesn't know how to update their own web site system, and customer Service "Shannon" kept put me hold and repeating the same non-sense thing that didn't make sense.

They said the product was discontinued that's why they cancel my order (Without asking me), but the website was keep selling it different price while I was calling her, and telling me they can't send me the product because "they don't sell it anymore. due to discontinued situation" But obviously if it's they are selling with different price that means they are in stock or temporarily out of stock, so I told her that, then she was telling me they don't know how I was able to process my order.

If the product is discontinued, they should block the purchase and add "Out of Stock" but I was able to make place my order, and GOT CONFIRMATION LETTER that they received my order, then I should be able to get my product like the rest of the people who were able to.

I told her I don't mind delayed delivery, and again kept me hold and telling me the same non sense (Like if it's really discontinued take it down from the website! or don't cancel my order and just send it!)

I would give a zero star if I could.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who took this bait. So please let me know your situation. I got hyped for day, then be really disappointed. Thank you for ruining my holy day. I actually was really happy and felt lucky. But now I realized that it was just a bait from dirty sellers.

I'm leaving it detail info, so people don't have to go through the same disappointment.

389136 - Bilstein Shock, Strut & B12 Pro-Kit Lowering Spring Kit (07-11 GT500 Coupe)
Item #: 389136

also Shannon was trying to feed me another non sense like it wouldn't fit on my GT, but I kept told her I know it fits. (I obviously Google it before the purchase, duh) She talk me down so bad, I treated like I'm a retard. Talking like "Do you even have a Mustang?" Yes, this is when she said it.

If you guys trying to make any good deal or discounted purchase with them, they probably cancel your order without your consent and offer you tiny (compare to the discount) store credit. It's a fuking bait.

Please share, people. They are deceiving the customers. 100% False advertisement.

From my experience, I would expect a lot of support. Someone left out the SUPPORT from customer support.

By Steve M.

Questions? Get answers from the AmericanMuscle staff and other customers.

9 Photos for AmericanMuscle