GlassesUSA

GlassesUSA has a consumer rating of 3.68 stars from 3,296 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. GlassesUSA also ranks 7th among Eyeglasses sites. The most common issues with GlassesUSA are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

This company responds to reviews on average within 2 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 57.1%

• It say enter 100 characters and I will keep tying until it goes away ..

• The email customer service people reply with the same canned' responses over and over.
  • I guess maybe because there hasn't been any since I placed the order.
How would you rate GlassesUSA?

“Sunglasses distort badly”

Brenda W.
3/14/20

I received my prescription sunglasses early November. Tried them inside and they seemed ok. Put them away to bring to Florida early January. When I put them on outside in the sun, I could not read anything. Everything was distorted so badly that I couldn't read anything on my phone. Because I was outside the 14 day period, they would only give me 50% credit on another pair. You can't call and talk to a person in the US and they won't let you appeal it to anyone. Won't deal with them again. Disappointed.

“Worst company I ever dealt with”

Gary P.
6/21/20

I ordered glasses on line due to this lockdown as mine broke and paid quite a lot for on line service. I had to reload my prescription more than once and I kept asking so by mid June they assigned a tracking number and just a week short of two months they offered discount coupons that don't work. Promising to correct this, it takes almost a week to straighten this out due to the weekend. I wonder what they'll do if I continue to play their game?

Reviews (3,296)

customer service (379) order (1312) 2 weeks (73) pair (707) store credit (52) 3 weeks (47) prescription glasses (44) 3 days (43) 30 days (30) 14 days (34) 2 months (32) credit card (55)
garyp576
June 21st, 2020
Dear Valued Customer,

We’re sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with your glasses order. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met. We have sent you a store credit update.

If you require any assistance, please contact our service representatives 24/7 at 1 844 244-1186 or by live chat on our site.

mitchs54
March 15th, 2020
I would have thought for $300. cdn that Quality Control would have been something that would have taken precedence, I had to repair my glasses before I could use them. The screw for the left nose pad was missing, but the pad was in the box.. Good thing I had a spare pair of glasses.. Paying an extra $37. for Duty: I hate hidden charges.. I had them shipped to my work, and my boss paid $37 because someone didn't get the memo that I already paid the duty.. NEVER Again..
Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with your glasses. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met. All orders come with our 14 Day 'no questions asked' return policy. If you are not satisfied with your glasses, simply return them for a refund, store credit or an exchange.

All international shipments may be subject to customs regulations as listed in the shipping details on our site.

priscillab84
June 14th, 2020
I ordered glasses from them 5/9/20 still haven't received. Poor customer service with same canned responses. Tracking number created but USPS says they haven't received package. As far as I can tell I'm out $400. My banks says I can Dispute the charge and they will open an investigation. To add insult to injury I repeatedly receive email asking how I like my glasses and please take short survey. Lesson learned! I give them one star only because I had to to write this post. They deserve no star.
Dear Valued Customer,

We’re sorry to hear that you experienced delivery difficulties with your glasses order. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met. Once the order has left our facilities, we rely on the courier service for all additional details on the status of your shipment. However, if any delay, error, or incident occurs, we will do everything we can to resolve it and get your order to you as soon as possible.

susanh1251
June 12th, 2020
I just received my glasses and they are not even close to the right prescription. The link to return only works if you have a desktop computer. They told me to go to a library to print it ! I just read reviews on another site. Many dissatisfied customers still fights to get their money back. Total scam

GlassesUSA attempted to help this customer through the Sitejabber Resolution Center, but the customer did not respond

camilleh64
June 24th, 2020
UPDATE 7/6/20: All is well, I got my refund in my bank account a few days ago. I still maintain it should not have been this difficult or taken as long to get a refund confirmation. No one should have to wait two weeks for their refund confirmation particularly when the seller is at fault in the first place. I never would have left a negative review had it not been for the lousy customer service.

UPDATE 6/29/20: Don't fall for it, they still haven't processed my refund. I only received an e-mail that they would review my refund request. Even though the rep replied here saying my refund was on its way, it's just simply untrue. There's been no refund issued and not even word from them that they are planning to send the refund. Honestly, is it really out of line to want our money back after receiving nothing?

Original Review: Don't expect them to hold up their end of the bargain when they offer something. I received this email notifying me my order was lost and if I would like a refund or credit. When I asked for a refund, they ignored me and continued to do so when I reached out multiple times. You cannot trust this company. Not to deliver your order, and certainly not to make things right.

Tip for consumers: Don’t under any circumstances order from them. It’s not worth losing out on hundreds of dollars.

Dear Valued Customer,

We’re sorry to hear that you experienced delivery difficulties with your glasses order. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met. We know that you are disappointed, and for that, we do apologize.

Your refund request is processing and the confirmation will be sent to you shortly.

If you require any further assistance, please contact us at 1 844 244-1186 or by live chat on our site.

mellisan2
June 21st, 2020
Ordered $600 prescription sunglasses- never received order. Run around with customer service And all they can tell me is sorry must have got lost in the mail. We are not responsible for shipping. Had to dispute with my credit card. Would never recommend them - especially if I had reviewed they complaints with the BBB in the past year alone. Yikes!!!!

judyj217
May 23rd, 2020
I ordered by glasses online during covid. They arrived about 2 weeks later. They look nothing like the try on-line. Much smaller and really look terrible. Covid has me working like crazy and I asked to return 15 days after delivery. They are unworn and just look bad - especially for spending >$200. Was denied immediately. Just too tough to see how they will look online.
Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with your glasses order. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met. All orders come with our 14 Day 'no questions asked' return policy. If you are not satisfied with your glasses, simply return them for a refund, store credit or an exchange.

As a gesture of goodwill, we have extended the returns period for you to return your glasses. Our Service Manager has sent you further details.

saulb34
May 12th, 2020
Messed up three times with same pair of glasses. The picture showing the third time they made this particular pair. First time wrong rx. Second times lost in the shipping. Third time one of the lenses too small keeps falling out. Asked for a refund at least for the lenses but got no reply. To be fair I ordered two other pairs which were ok.
Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with your glasses. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met. We know that you are disappointed, and for that, we do apologize.

We take customer satisfaction very seriously and our Service Manager will contact you directly to assist in resolving this issue in your best interest.

ketevans1
June 20th, 2020
I've ordered glasses a month and a half ago and still haven't received them. I'm trying to retrieve the tracking number, but customer service doesn't want to provide me with that; they always come up with some kind of excuse. This is not acceptable anymore. I will be contacting my payment source and will be canceling the order. I'm just mad that they've wasted so much of my time and I am in need of glasses, really badly. I will never buy from them again!
Dear Valued Customer,

It appears that our third-party shipper has experienced extended delays and has yet updated the shipping status. We do feel bad and will gladly issue you a full refund for your order. Our Service Team has reached out to and will assist you directly.

dougw208
July 6th, 2020
I ordered 3 pair of glasses. I could not see through one so I sent back for exchange. The glasses were out of stock and I could never get response from them on refund amount. The glasses came back in stock and they keep asking for a segment height that I can't measure because I don't have the frames. They always say they've emailed Refund Dept to get me off chat or phone. Their customer service is horrible with stock answers to get rid of you. Do not buy from here!
Dear Valued Customer,

We’re sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with your exchange order. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met. We know that you are disappointed, and for that, we do apologize.

Your exchange order has been placed with the same Ray-Ban frame that you had selected on the original order.

Our Service Manager has sent you further details.

brendaw371
March 14th, 2020

walters229
April 6th, 2020
I have been trying to return defective glasses for more than 3 weeks. Many phone call one lasting more than 20 minutes and their system still will not let me enter my email and order # to initiate a return. Now I have glasses that are useless to me and no way to return them. Don't waste your time or money. I'm out over $500 and the company expects me to keep trying to enter my email and order #, sounds simple by with their help I have spent hour and can't return my order.

taiylerc
May 17th, 2020
I would highly recommend you NOT waste your money on this terrible site! I've been waiting for my glasses for over a month now.

First there were problems with my prescription. I sent it in three time before being accepted.

Then there were several « delays in the production » of actually making the glasses. Every time I spoke to a representative it was the same email over and over and no one provided any sort of help, just « keep checking our website for updates ».
Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear that you have experienced difficulties with your glasses order. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met. We know that you are disappointed, and for that, we do apologize.

Meanwhile, your glasses have been shipped and are in-transit to you. Once the order has left our facilities, we rely on the courier service for all additional details on the status of your shipment. However, if any delay, error, or incident occurs, we will do everything we can to resolve it and get your order to you as soon as possible. As soon as the tracking number is activated, you will be able to track your order by clicking on the following link: https://www.glassesusa.com/tracking/search/

Thank you for your patience and enjoy your new glasses.

glennl103
May 12th, 2020
I ordered glasses in March 2020. The order was processed seamlessly and the glasses arrived in a timely basis. The lenses werent bad, but the frames were very cheaply made. In two months of intermittent use, they've become flimsy. They wont last long. I submitted a two-star review. It wasnt posted. It would appear they only post 4 or 5 star reviews and omit the rest. No-one gets 4 or 5 stars everytime. Take a look on the site for negative reviews - few and far between. But plenty of negative reviews elsewhere - Better Business, Reddit, etc. Something seems sketchy.
Dear Valued Customer,

In the unlikely event that your frame or lenses break after the initial 14 days following delivery and within one year of your purchase, we will gladly provide you with a 50% store credit towards another pair of eyeglasses under our 365 Day Manufacturer's Warranty policy.

Review sites are independent enterprises. We do not have the ability to filter posted reviews. Customer reviews, positive or negative, are very important to us. As much as we love to hear about the good, getting to know about the bad helps us provide a solution for our customers as well as improve our customers' experience.

We take customer satisfaction very seriously and if you require any assistance, please contact our customer service representatives 24/7 at 1 844 244-1186 or by live chat on our site.

jamesh2596
June 2nd, 2020
I ordered 2 pair on May 7, it is now June 2 and I still haven't seen my order. I have a very simple single vision prescription. If I made my purchase locally I would have had my glasses in an hour. I recieved a bunch of lip service "sorry about the delay" 2 weeks ago but here we are nearly a month later and no new glasses. Save your money and time. Buy elsewhere!
Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with your glasses order. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met. Once the order has left our facilities, we rely on the courier service for all additional details on the status of your shipment. However, if any delay, error, or incident occurs, we will do everything we can to resolve it and get your order to you as soon as possible.

According to USPS tracking, your glasses are in-transit and en route to you. The tracking details have been sent to you.

cc545
March 22nd, 2020
Horrible customer service and work ethic! Been about three weeks now and still no updates on where my package is! It shipped 10 days ago and still nothing. Keep chatting with representatives who have no clue where your glasses are and continue to repeat "keep checking in for an updated status". Ok... I've been checking in for more than 2 weeks now. They really aren't any kind of help. Where are my glasses?!
Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear that you have experienced delivery issues with your glasses order. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met. Once the order has left our facilities, we rely on the courier service for all additional details on the status of your shipment. However, if any delay, error, or incident occurs, we will do everything we can to resolve it and get your order to you as soon as possible.

We will update you on the delivery status of your glasses promptly.

karolinau4
April 27th, 2020
Slowest shipping... Then your package would be lost, they would send you another one for which you'll be waiting 100 years and once you get it, glasses would be different than you ordered.
I tried sunglasses next time... Still same. I still didn't get my glasses after 16 days since the order.
No more, thanks for nothing, bye
Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with your glasses order. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers' needs are being met. Once the order has left our facilities, we rely on the courier service for all additional details on the status of your shipment. However, if any delay, error, or incident occurs, we will do everything we can to resolve it and get your order to you as soon as possible. Once we had received your correct shipping address, your glasses order was reproduced and sent to you by expedited shipping.

Production and shipping times vary depending on your prescription and the nature of your order, as well as which shipping method you choose. Our typical production time is as follows:
Multifocal / bifocal / tinted lenses: approximately 6 business days
Once your glasses are ready our Quality Assurance Team will test them for approximately 1-2 business days before shipping them out.
Express ($12.95): up to 3-5 business days

If you have any further questions, please contact us 24/7 at 1 844 244-1186 or by live chat on our site.

briant473
February 29th, 2020
I guess I should have read the reviews here prior to purchase because I'm in the same boat as many of these other reviewers. The tracking number they sent has not had any activity on it in 5 days. The email customer service people reply with the same canned' responses over and over. The phone support people are as worthless as the email service ones. They are not offering a refund because it's still within the shipping timeframe on the website which is not my complaint. If you need eyeglasses stay away from this group of liars and cheats.
Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry that our production and shipping timeline did not meet your expectations. Production and shipping times vary depending on your prescription and the nature of your order, as well as which shipping method you choose.

Our typical production time is as follows:
Express ($12.95): up to 3-5 business days

According to USPS tracking, your glasses are in-transit and en route to you, well within the timeline as listed on our site.

If you require any further assistance, please contact our service representatives 24/7 at 1 844 244-1186 or by live chat on our site.

thomasw1163
June 28th, 2020
I have a somewhat high prescription that needs a high index option, I tried to buy Aviator Sunglasses cause why not? They simply won't make frames that are that big but will not tell you until way later. I was very interested in buying more glasses from them, but now with this annoying experience, I going to look elsewhere now for glasses needs. Really Wished that could have produced these glasses frames, a real missed opportunity for them.
Dear Valued Customer,

We’re sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with your glasses order. Crafting lenses for a high prescription is a problem with very large frames and we suggest choosing a smaller frame within the size parameters forwarded to you.

At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met our customer service representatives are always available 24/7 at 1 844 244-1186 or by live chat on our site to offer any assistance you might need.

sarahm1388
June 22nd, 2020
• Updated review
Edit-June 24th. I just received emails saying they have issued refunds for both orders.
After no word from this company about my refund other than an auto generated reply on here, I am going to dispute charges with my credit card company. This is the worst experience I have EVER had with any company. To say that you are not responsible once the glasses leaves your facility is a disgrace. You are responsible! It's your company. They even blamed the delay on civil unrest in the country. I've heard it all. How is it I've had no problem receiving any other order online. -UPDATE-just chatted again with their customer service. Only automated responses. This is Fraud! I will be disputing these charges.
Dear Valued Customer,

We’re sorry to hear that you experienced delivery difficulties with your glasses orders. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met. We know that you are disappointed, and for that, we do apologize.

Your refund is processing and the refund confirmation will be sent to you.

GlassesUSA
I would give no stars if able
June 20th, 2020
• Previous review
I ordered 2 pairs of glasses over a month ago. Just got an email that they lost 1 pair. No word on the other. I am very disappointed. They are putting in a request for a refund. Not sure how long that will take.
carolynm668
June 12th, 2020
Before one year my glasses nose piece split. I called the company and talk to five different people over a months time. Each of them said the same thing, as though they were reading from a script. Each of them said "I will forward this to our production department and you were hear from them within two or three days by email." I never heard back from them. I tried emailing them, and got the same response about the production department. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and supposedly was transferred to management. Unbelievably, that person said, "I will forward this to our production department and you will hear within two or three days by email." Is anyone really alive there in the service department? Are they robots? I'm half kidding, and it would be funny if it were not so serious. Since I cannot wear my lovely glasses USA glasses without the nose piece, I am not laughing. In desperation, I took a nose piece from an old pair of glasses that doesn't fit or match but attached as best I could so I can Wear my glasses. I think in spite of the name they are not based in USA and the people I talked to did not seem to be very able to communicate and they said they cannot talk to anyone in their "production department." Weird.
ONe month later: they sent me new glasses! So I guess they Finally got on the ball
daphneyj1
June 12th, 2020
I ordered my glasses online using my prescription.They sent me readers.I tried to get in touch with them couldn't get thru by phone .So I emailed them and they said they would help.I told them I don't have a computer can they mail me a return label.They continue to tell me to go a computer and do it or go to Library.I don't live near a library and I don't have a way to get to one.I'm disabled.So now I get NO answers and I have NO glasses..

michaeld2376
April 18th, 2020
I ordered glasses from Glasses USA.com and The service has been terrible. They say they shipped days ago. The gave me a tracking number that still does not work. I called the USPS and they verified we have not received the package. I have emailed the company and chatted about my order several times. They do not communicate with other departments or each other. I will never order from them again. Horrible service. Every time I call a different excuse or lie.
Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with your glasses order and that our production and shipping timeline did not meet your expectations. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers' needs are being met.

According to USPS tracking, your glasses are in-transit and en route to you. The estimated delivery date is Apr. 20, 2020 and within the timeline as listed on our site. Our Service Manager has sent you the tracking details.

Express ($12.95): up to 3-5 business days

If you require further assistance, please contact us 24/7 at 1 844 244-1186 or by live chat on our site.

annl337
June 27th, 2020
Ordered June 2. It is now July 9. Tracking shows a label was made out July 8. They have a call center in the Philipines which is terrible.
First, I was told due to Covid they are slow on shipping. Then I was told they were still being made. They have no timeline when I can get the glasses. This is frustrating and bad business practices. Maybe they should try some honesty. I run a company and we keep to our turnaround times and communicate with our customers at each stage.
I will ask for a refund. If not I will contest my credit card bill. Shame on this company!

annad347
June 6th, 2020
So they say couple weeks for delivery. I'm dependent on progressive lenses to function and it has been a month since they got paid. I've emailed, called and emailed, called OVER and OVER. Idk if they are just going to keep my money and not send me the damn glasses.. or if the glasses even exist! Please do some research and spend your money elsewhere. Also check out the reviews for this company at the BBB. Pretty $#*!ty
Dear Valued Customer,

We are reviewing the delivery status of your order and will update you promptly.

GlassesUSA

So far it's been a month and still NO glasses, or tracking info. Much longer than the seven to ten buisness days- in Still waiting.

By Cheryll D.
See more answers (8)

Dealing with them right now and thats a NO. Horrible customer service and they will loop hole you to no end so that they dont have to give you a refund on their product that does not work. My eyes literally work better without their glasses on my face.

By Ashley C.
See more answers (8)

Good luck with that John! This is the most horrible company I've ever dealt with. Lesson learned to do my research before ordering. I ordered because a you tuber I watch recommended them. Check out all the complaints on this site plus over 300 on BBB site. https://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/retail-optical-goods/glasses-usa-in-new-york-ny-107236/reviews-and-complaints

By Christel W.
See more answers (8)

Our production times vary between each prescription and lens type we produce. By far our glasses are produced and delivered before the times stated in our shipping policy. In some cases, unfortunately, glasses might not pass quality assurance, which means they need to be remade. This unfortunately means that we have to start again from scratch, but as a rule we do not send out any glasses that did not meet our quality standards. Shipping times are unfortunately mostly beyond our control as we depend upon our carriers to deliver the products in a timely manner. Our delivery department works toe to toe with all of our carriers to make sure our glasses are delivered as promptly as possible. We also offer a variety of shipping options that ensure a faster delivery for any interested customers, but our customers need to keep in mind shipping times do not include production time. Our customer service is available by phone, email, chat and social media around the clock, 24\7. We can be easily reached at any time, including weekends and holidays at all times to answer any questions and concerns. Our dedicated customer service team works around the clock to make sure any and all issues are taken care of. We are always working on improving all of the above, whether by opening new facilities, working and negotiating our agreements with carriers or expanding our customer service team and making them more efficient. The results are there and the vast majority of our customers are very satisfied with our services. We heartily suggest trying our services and seeing for yourselves.