GlassesUSA

GlassesUSA has a consumer rating of 3.64 stars from 3,355 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. GlassesUSA also ranks 8th among Eyeglasses sites. The most common issues with GlassesUSA are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

This company responds to reviews on average within 2 days

• GREAT EXPERIENCE, AND THEY HAVE DESIGNER FRAMES FOR CHEAP!

• The email customer service people reply with the same canned' responses over and over.
  • I guess maybe because there hasn't been any since I placed the order.
How would you rate GlassesUSA?

“GlasesUSA”

Gisle a.
6/22/20

Hi Thank you for the worker of glasses use for answering my question. At first I was worried about Glasses USA because it was my first time, i was also worried because i would check the reviews and some reviews of USA were not good but everything went well. Today in the morning i got the news that my package was here. My glasses fit me perfect I love it. Thank you so much I totally recommend Glasses USA.

“Worst company I ever dealt with”

Gary P.
6/21/20

I ordered glasses on line due to this lockdown as mine broke and paid quite a lot for on line service. I had to reload my prescription more than once and I kept asking so by mid June they assigned a tracking number and just a week short of two months they offered discount coupons that don't work. Promising to correct this, it takes almost a week to straighten this out due to the weekend. I wonder what they'll do if I continue to play their game?

Reviews (3,355)

customer service (407) order (1359) 2 weeks (76) pair (727) store credit (54) 3 weeks (49) prescription glasses (46) 2 months (37) 30 days (30) 3 days (46) 14 days (37) credit card (57)
garyp576
June 21st, 2020
Dear Valued Customer,

We’re sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with your glasses order. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met. We have sent you a store credit update.

If you require any assistance, please contact our service representatives 24/7 at 1 844 244-1186 or by live chat on our site.

priscillab84
June 14th, 2020
I ordered glasses from them 5/9/20 still haven't received. Poor customer service with same canned responses. Tracking number created but USPS says they haven't received package. As far as I can tell I'm out $400. My banks says I can Dispute the charge and they will open an investigation. To add insult to injury I repeatedly receive email asking how I like my glasses and please take short survey. Lesson learned! I give them one star only because I had to to write this post. They deserve no star.
Dear Valued Customer,

We’re sorry to hear that you experienced delivery difficulties with your glasses order. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met. Once the order has left our facilities, we rely on the courier service for all additional details on the status of your shipment. However, if any delay, error, or incident occurs, we will do everything we can to resolve it and get your order to you as soon as possible.

mitchs54
March 15th, 2020
I would have thought for $300. Cdn that Quality Control would have been something that would have taken precedence, I had to repair my glasses before I could use them. The screw for the left nose pad was missing, but the pad was in the box. Good thing I had a spare pair of glasses. Paying an extra $37. For Duty: I hate hidden charges. I had them shipped to my work, and my boss paid $37 because someone didn't get the memo that I already paid the duty. NEVER Again..
Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with your glasses. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met. All orders come with our 14 Day 'no questions asked' return policy. If you are not satisfied with your glasses, simply return them for a refund, store credit or an exchange.

All international shipments may be subject to customs regulations as listed in the shipping details on our site.

saulb34
May 12th, 2020
Messed up three times with same pair of glasses. The picture showing the third time they made this particular pair. First time wrong rx. Second times lost in the shipping. Third time one of the lenses too small keeps falling out. Asked for a refund at least for the lenses but got no reply. To be fair I ordered two other pairs which were ok.
Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with your glasses. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met. We know that you are disappointed, and for that, we do apologize.

We take customer satisfaction very seriously and our Service Manager will contact you directly to assist in resolving this issue in your best interest.

susanh1251
June 12th, 2020
I just received my glasses and they are not even close to the right prescription. The link to return only works if you have a desktop computer. They told me to go to a library to print it! I just read reviews on another site. Many dissatisfied customers still fights to get their money back. Total scam

GlassesUSA attempted to help this customer through the Sitejabber Resolution Center, but the customer did not respond

camilleh64
June 24th, 2020
UPDATE 7/6/20: All is well, I got my refund in my bank account a few days ago. I still maintain it should not have been this difficult or taken as long to get a refund confirmation. No one should have to wait two weeks for their refund confirmation particularly when the seller is at fault in the first place. I never would have left a negative review had it not been for the lousy customer service.

UPDATE 6/29/20: Don't fall for it, they still haven't processed my refund. I only received an e-mail that they would review my refund request. Even though the rep replied here saying my refund was on its way, it's just simply untrue. There's been no refund issued and not even word from them that they are planning to send the refund. Honestly, is it really out of line to want our money back after receiving nothing?

Original Review: Don't expect them to hold up their end of the bargain when they offer something. I received this email notifying me my order was lost and if I would like a refund or credit. When I asked for a refund, they ignored me and continued to do so when I reached out multiple times. You cannot trust this company. Not to deliver your order, and certainly not to make things right.

Tip for consumers: Don’t under any circumstances order from them. It’s not worth losing out on hundreds of dollars.

Dear Valued Customer,

We’re sorry to hear that you experienced delivery difficulties with your glasses order. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met. We know that you are disappointed, and for that, we do apologize.

Your refund request is processing and the confirmation will be sent to you shortly.

If you require any further assistance, please contact us at 1 844 244-1186 or by live chat on our site.

judyj217
May 23rd, 2020
I ordered by glasses online during covid. They arrived about 2 weeks later. They look nothing like the try on-line. Much smaller and really look terrible. Covid has me working like crazy and I asked to return 15 days after delivery. They are unworn and just look bad - especially for spending >$200. Was denied immediately. Just too tough to see how they will look online.
Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with your glasses order. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met. All orders come with our 14 Day 'no questions asked' return policy. If you are not satisfied with your glasses, simply return them for a refund, store credit or an exchange.

As a gesture of goodwill, we have extended the returns period for you to return your glasses. Our Service Manager has sent you further details.

mellisan2
June 21st, 2020
Ordered $600 prescription sunglasses- never received order. Run around with customer service And all they can tell me is sorry must have got lost in the mail. We are not responsible for shipping. Had to dispute with my credit card. Would never recommend them - especially if I had reviewed they complaints with the BBB in the past year alone. Yikes!

ketevans1
June 20th, 2020
I've ordered glasses a month and a half ago and still haven't received them. I'm trying to retrieve the tracking number, but customer service doesn't want to provide me with that; they always come up with some kind of excuse. This is not acceptable anymore. I will be contacting my payment source and will be canceling the order. I'm just mad that they've wasted so much of my time and I am in need of glasses, really badly. I will never buy from them again!
Dear Valued Customer,

It appears that our third-party shipper has experienced extended delays and has yet updated the shipping status. We do feel bad and will gladly issue you a full refund for your order. Our Service Team has reached out to and will assist you directly.

glennl103
May 12th, 2020
I ordered glasses in March 2020. The order was processed seamlessly and the glasses arrived in a timely basis. The lenses werent bad, but the frames were very cheaply made. In two months of intermittent use, they've become flimsy. They wont last long. I submitted a two-star review. It wasnt posted. It would appear they only post 4 or 5 star reviews and omit the rest. No-one gets 4 or 5 stars everytime. Take a look on the site for negative reviews - few and far between. But plenty of negative reviews elsewhere - Better Business, Reddit, etc. Something seems sketchy.
Dear Valued Customer,

In the unlikely event that your frame or lenses break after the initial 14 days following delivery and within one year of your purchase, we will gladly provide you with a 50% store credit towards another pair of eyeglasses under our 365 Day Manufacturer's Warranty policy.

Review sites are independent enterprises. We do not have the ability to filter posted reviews. Customer reviews, positive or negative, are very important to us. As much as we love to hear about the good, getting to know about the bad helps us provide a solution for our customers as well as improve our customers' experience.

We take customer satisfaction very seriously and if you require any assistance, please contact our customer service representatives 24/7 at 1 844 244-1186 or by live chat on our site.

oscarb125
August 10th, 2020
Purchased a pair of Persol prescription sunglasses. Online you can't tell how they will really look on your face. Didn't like them. No problem they will exchange... Now the fun starts, Send back frames and requested Ray Ban Wayfayer. Now waiting for 45 days, I can't track order. Chat desk keeps referring me to return desk who can only be reached by email. "They will email you in 2-3 days". Nothing/ nada! Horrible experience and I will never buy from them again
Dear Valued Customer,

Your refund is processing and the confirmation will be sent to you shortly.

brandonj147
July 28th, 2020
I attempted to return my glasses within the 14 days period. When i typed in my order number on the RMA page it says the my order has not been updated yet. I went back and forth over customer service chat and email and i got the same results. Then when the order history finally updates it tells me that I'm outside of my return time frame. They just scammed me into keeping some glasses by prolonging my order status until the 14 day period is over. Their not even the right prescription!
Dear Valued Customer,

We’re sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with your glasses order. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met. We know that you are disappointed, and for that, we do apologize.

Our Service Team sent an update notifying you that the returns form is now activated for you to fill out and return your glasses.

brendaw371
March 14th, 2020
Well, another screwup from GlassesUSA. Please NEVER deal with them. They have terrible quality and horrible customer service.
1. My first order (101869845)... Sunglasses. I could not see to read with them. Everything was distorted. I contacted them and was willing to get a replacement instead of refund.
2. My replacement order... I ordered sunglasses again. Got them in and guess what? They are NOT sunglasses but instead clear. Still some distortment. Progressive lens... it seems like the progressive part starts too far up.

By now, I am totally annoyed with them. I just want a refund. When I called, I'm told I only can get a replacement. I have no confidence that they can get it right.
$360 gone down the drain. I'm ready to cut my losses and go with a reputable source local.

Worst ever company.

maggiea77
August 1st, 2020
I purchased a pair of glasses on July 17th. Not too long ago, right? Well why on earth would they tell me that production takes 6 days? They are STILL in production. I get the same automated responses from their little chat helpers and it's all BS. After reading reviews on here and on twitter i can tell that reviews that are positive are fake and paid for. This website is fraudulent. Please be careful and i highly advise checking out eyebuydirect instead.

karolinau4
April 27th, 2020
Slowest shipping... Then your package would be lost, they would send you another one for which you'll be waiting 100 years and once you get it, glasses would be different than you ordered.
I tried sunglasses next time... Still same. I still didn't get my glasses after 16 days since the order.
No more, thanks for nothing, bye
Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with your glasses order. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers' needs are being met. Once the order has left our facilities, we rely on the courier service for all additional details on the status of your shipment. However, if any delay, error, or incident occurs, we will do everything we can to resolve it and get your order to you as soon as possible. Once we had received your correct shipping address, your glasses order was reproduced and sent to you by expedited shipping.

Production and shipping times vary depending on your prescription and the nature of your order, as well as which shipping method you choose. Our typical production time is as follows:
Single vision (general use/near vision): approximately 2-4 business days
Multifocal / bifocal / tinted lenses: approximately 6 business days
Once your glasses are ready our Quality Assurance Team will test them for approximately 1-2 business days before shipping them out.
Shipping can take between 5-10 business days, depending on the Courier:
Standard (free): up to 7-10 business days
Expedited ($9.95): up to 5-7 business days
Express ($12.95): up to 3-5 business days

If you have any further questions, please contact us 24/7 at 1 844 244-1186 or by live chat on our site.

brennat4
July 25th, 2020
• Updated review
I ordered contacts weeks ago and still have not received even a tracking number. Was on a chat with customer service and they were no help at all. They said they would send me a follow up email to notify me where my contacts are in 1-2 business days and still no "follow up". Then chatted with another customer service rep who gave the same answers and then ended the chat randomly when I pushed the issue. Will never be using again. Scammed a poor college student out of hundreds of dollars.
Dear Valued Customer,

We’re sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with your contact lens order. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met. We know that you are disappointed, and for that, we do apologize.

Your contact lenses were shipped and the tracking number was sent to you. If you require any assistance, please contact our service representatives at 1 844 244-1186 or by live chat on our site.

Still Waiting...
July 26th, 2020
• Previous review
Ordered on July 6,2020
Finally got a tracking number on July 23,2020
Tracking hasn't been updated since July 18,2020
Doubt they will ever arrive.
christopherm1061
August 1st, 2020
I ordered a pair of glasses on July 11,2020. They site said the lead time would put them in my hands by 7/27/2020. As of right now, I have no idea when I will get them. The tracking info they send me shows 27 shipments on it, all to a location other than mine. Customer support was zero help. Needless to say, if and when they arrive, I will be sending them back for a full refund. My recommendation is to buy from a local optometrist. It may cost extra but at least you will get your order.
Dear Valued Customer,

The tracking details were sent to you. According to the tracking details, your glasses were delivered to you on July 31.

Enjoy your new glasses.

dougw208
July 6th, 2020
I ordered 3 pair of glasses. I could not see through one so I sent back for exchange. The glasses were out of stock and I could never get response from them on refund amount. The glasses came back in stock and they keep asking for a segment height that I can't measure because I don't have the frames. They always say they've emailed Refund Dept to get me off chat or phone. Their customer service is horrible with stock answers to get rid of you. Do not buy from here!

Update: It's only gotten worse. I was told yesterday that my replacements were in the 'final stages of production'. Today I get email that the frames aren't available and to pick a new pair. So we're starting over. This has been the worst and most frustrating customer service experiences for me. I used to work in claims so I know when things go wrong. This is horrible. It's not worth your time. We're at 7 weeks since I sent exchange back.
Dear Valued Customer,

We’re sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with your exchange order. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met. We know that you are disappointed, and for that, we do apologize.

Your exchange order has been placed with the same Ray-Ban frame that you had selected on the original order.

Our Service Manager has sent you further details.

walters229
April 6th, 2020
I have been trying to return defective glasses for more than 3 weeks. Many phone call one lasting more than 20 minutes and their system still will not let me enter my email and order # to initiate a return. Now I have glasses that are useless to me and no way to return them. Don't waste your time or money. I'm out over $500 and the company expects me to keep trying to enter my email and order #, sounds simple by with their help I have spent hour and can't return my order.

taiylerc
May 17th, 2020
I would highly recommend you NOT waste your money on this terrible site! I've been waiting for my glasses for over a month now.

First there were problems with my prescription. I sent it in three time before being accepted.

Then there were several « delays in the production » of actually making the glasses. Every time I spoke to a representative it was the same email over and over and no one provided any sort of help, just « keep checking our website for updates ».
Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear that you have experienced difficulties with your glasses order. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met. We know that you are disappointed, and for that, we do apologize.

Meanwhile, your glasses have been shipped and are in-transit to you. Once the order has left our facilities, we rely on the courier service for all additional details on the status of your shipment. However, if any delay, error, or incident occurs, we will do everything we can to resolve it and get your order to you as soon as possible. As soon as the tracking number is activated, you will be able to track your order by clicking on the following link: https://www.glassesusa.com/tracking/search/

Thank you for your patience and enjoy your new glasses.

jamesh2596
June 2nd, 2020
I ordered 2 pair on May 7, it is now June 2 and I still haven't seen my order. I have a very simple single vision prescription. If I made my purchase locally I would have had my glasses in an hour. I recieved a bunch of lip service "sorry about the delay" 2 weeks ago but here we are nearly a month later and no new glasses. Save your money and time. Buy elsewhere!
Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with your glasses order. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met. Once the order has left our facilities, we rely on the courier service for all additional details on the status of your shipment. However, if any delay, error, or incident occurs, we will do everything we can to resolve it and get your order to you as soon as possible.

According to USPS tracking, your glasses are in-transit and en route to you. The tracking details have been sent to you.

Enjoy your new glasses.

thomasw1163
June 28th, 2020
I have a somewhat high prescription that needs a high index option, I tried to buy Aviator Sunglasses cause why not? They simply won't make frames that are that big but will not tell you until way later. I was very interested in buying more glasses from them, but now with this annoying experience, I going to look elsewhere now for glasses needs. Really Wished that could have produced these glasses frames, a real missed opportunity for them.
Dear Valued Customer,

We’re sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with your glasses order. Crafting lenses for a high prescription is a problem with very large frames and we suggest choosing a smaller frame within the size parameters forwarded to you.

At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met our customer service representatives are always available 24/7 at 1 844 244-1186 or by live chat on our site to offer any assistance you might need.

tauram
June 12th, 2020
Original: I purchased 2 pairs of sunglasses. Four days later they emai me stating I need to pay another $70 to upgrade due to my prescription. You would think their system would flag that prior to the customer giving them their money since you have to input your prescription. They said they proceed with the order unless I pay more and pick different frames. So I email them back requesting a cancellation. No reply. I call and they say I have to submit a form like it is 2012. Why would I need to request a cancellation on something you already told me you can't proceed with? Frustrating. UPDATE: GlassesUSA contacted me to upgrade my prescription at no additional cost. I accepted and am awaiting my sunglasses. I much happier with this company and would consider them in the future. I will provide another update when sunglasses arrive.
UPDATE 2:
Received the sunglasses in a little over 2 weeks. I am happy with my purchase. Thought the sunglasses would be a little bigger based on the "try on" option and the actual photo. Plan to buy regular glasses from this company.
cc545
March 22nd, 2020
Horrible customer service and work ethic! Been about three weeks now and still no updates on where my package is! It shipped 10 days ago and still nothing. Keep chatting with representatives who have no clue where your glasses are and continue to repeat "keep checking in for an updated status". Ok... I've been checking in for more than 2 weeks now. They really aren't any kind of help. Where are my glasses?!
Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear that you have experienced delivery issues with your glasses order. At GlassesUSA.com, we are committed to ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met. Once the order has left our facilities, we rely on the courier service for all additional details on the status of your shipment. However, if any delay, error, or incident occurs, we will do everything we can to resolve it and get your order to you as soon as possible.

We will update you on the delivery status of your glasses promptly.

richardf808
July 22nd, 2020
Typical of many comments, my order was placed on July 6,2020 with expedited shipment. Given that the production time is 6 working days, after 10 days I inquired and received the canned response that everyone seems to get. There is not 24/7 customer service as advertised, but nothing more than a canned voice message much like that received from email inquiries.

GlassesUSA

So far it's been a month and still NO glasses, or tracking info. Much longer than the seven to ten buisness days- in Still waiting.

By Cheryll D.
See more answers (8)

Dealing with them right now and thats a NO. Horrible customer service and they will loop hole you to no end so that they dont have to give you a refund on their product that does not work. My eyes literally work better without their glasses on my face.

By Ashley C.
See more answers (9)

Good luck with that John! This is the most horrible company I've ever dealt with. Lesson learned to do my research before ordering. I ordered because a you tuber I watch recommended them. Check out all the complaints on this site plus over 300 on BBB site. https://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/retail-optical-goods/glasses-usa-in-new-york-ny-107236/reviews-and-complaints

By Christel W.
See more answers (8)

Our production times vary between each prescription and lens type we produce. By far our glasses are produced and delivered before the times stated in our shipping policy. In some cases, unfortunately, glasses might not pass quality assurance, which means they need to be remade. This unfortunately means that we have to start again from scratch, but as a rule we do not send out any glasses that did not meet our quality standards. Shipping times are unfortunately mostly beyond our control as we depend upon our carriers to deliver the products in a timely manner. Our delivery department works toe to toe with all of our carriers to make sure our glasses are delivered as promptly as possible. We also offer a variety of shipping options that ensure a faster delivery for any interested customers, but our customers need to keep in mind shipping times do not include production time. Our customer service is available by phone, email, chat and social media around the clock, 24\7. We can be easily reached at any time, including weekends and holidays at all times to answer any questions and concerns. Our dedicated customer service team works around the clock to make sure any and all issues are taken care of. We are always working on improving all of the above, whether by opening new facilities, working and negotiating our agreements with carriers or expanding our customer service team and making them more efficient. The results are there and the vast majority of our customers are very satisfied with our services. We heartily suggest trying our services and seeing for yourselves.