Review of Flax Linens

Tel: 1.888.399.3529
flaxlinens.com@domainsbyproxy.com

domenicad
5/15/19

Thanks Flax, I received my package 2 weeks ago. Woow! The linens were so cute, everything that I expected. Best quality I could ever find.

davidw1418
4/10/19

Easy to order, easy to wash, perfect sleep!
I have been buying sheets online for the past couple of years so I am always on the lookout for brands. I read about Flax Linens on a reddit board and decided to try them out. I have been sleeping on percale cotton but I must say Linen made from Flax seems like a much better buy then my sheets from Brooklinen

marys1161
4/7/19

Perfectly executed valentines gift for my fiancee. She was stoked about the new bedding. I felt so clever buying something that felt romantic to her while improving our bedding situation.

paulb1102
4/5/19

When my linens arrived I was taken back to my childhood when bedding linens were a sign of a family that cares for the quality of the details. Bravo for bringing back the importance of these memories with your products

laquitam3
3/30/19

We purchased a Ruffle Duvet Cover and I could not wait to get my tax refund to complete my set with a dust ruffle for my king bed. I was not sure whether to get the same color or mix it up so I booked a time with a design consultant via the website and they gave me some great suggestions. They even asked me for a photo of the bedroom along with some looks I was inspired by and gave me a great suggestion. I ended up with a Striped Bed Skirt which makes my room look like it belongs in some interior design magazine. Thank you for the personal care!

timothyp183
3/30/19

I bought 6 duvet covers from flaxlinens a couple of years ago and I am just coming back now this time I will buy entire sets. The white is really white and stays white because the fabric washes so well!

jacke99
3/23/19

Loathe buying sheets because my mattress is extremely tall and so the pocket is often not deep enough. These guys made me a custom fitted sheet, when the sales guy said the word 'custom' my brain cringed because I was expecting an extreme price but they only charged me $20 bucks extra! My sheets always rip on the corners but I feel like these will last much longer

jamesd849
3/21/19

I have been buying sheets online for the past couple of years so I am always on the look out for brands. I read about Flax Linens on a reddit board and decided to try them out. I have been sleeping on percale cotton but I must say Linen made from Flax seems like a much better buy then my sheets from Brooklinen

kristinf49
3/19/19

I'd give this zero stars if that was able to get my review published. I saved up and was so excited to get some linen bedding. Tried to exchange the duvet set for another color and 3 months later I still have nothing to show for my money. Flax Linens has my money and their product and I can't even get someone to talk to me. I keep getting told a message will be sent in urgent status so that I can receive a call back, and NOTHING! No phone calls for weeks from their end even though I have now been trying everyday just to talk to somebody for almost a month.

jackm384
3/17/19

I ordered a 5 Piece Bed in a Bag in Chambray Linen. I had been looking for a particular color and came across a swatch that led me to flax linen website. I have been sleeping in these linens for a few weeks, having washed it a couple of times I can easily say these are the best sheets I have ever owned. Not only because of the comfort but also because of the color and quality of sewing.

brittanyb135
3/15/19

I do not usually do reviews but I was throuroughly impressed at how my purchase and exchange went with this company. First off, while they were helpful over the phone, I ultimatly ended up with the wrong color. I emailed hello@flaxlinens.com and had an answer regarding my exchange within 1 hour with a mailing instructions for the exchange package. Within a week I received a new color which I much preferred. I will certainly be ordering again

johnw1580
3/13/19

We live in Florida and my husband and I are both hot sleepers and this sheet has been the answers to our prayers, it's the first material we were able to agree upon. We ordered the Light Grey Color which was a perfectly subtle detail to our bedroom.

hannahb147
3/3/19

I wish I had looked up reviews of this company before I decided to buy from them. I had the same problem that a lot of the other 1-star reviewers reported - I ordered 2 items from flaxlinens: a fitted sheet and a duvet cover set. The fitted sheet arrived a couple weeks later, and I was surprised to find that it had shipped from China, since I thought these were made in Belgium. Turns out, the flax is grown in Belgium (supposedly), but all the linens are actually sewn in China. The bag it came in reeked strongly of outgassing plastic, and the stench had permeated the sheet to the point where I had to launder it twice in hot water to get the smell out. The quality of the product, once cleaned, was fine, but my faith in the organic claim is shaken by the discovery that it was made in China.

But the real saga began when the second package (the more expensive duvet cover set) failed to arrive by the date stated in the tracking page. In fact, to this day the tracking page, which is just a page on the website where you enter the order number (no actual tracking number from a third party shipper) STILL says it's on its way and due to arrive by Feb 13 (it's now March 3rd). When I first realized the tracking page wasn't updating, I tried emailing the company, but got no response. I then tried calling every day for a week, and each time I was given the run-around. Every customer service agent I spoke to did the following:
1) look up the "tracking information" using the same page I did, and confirmed that they saw the same out of date message that I did, and
2) promised to leave a message for one of their "specialists" or "someone in shipping", who would call me back (needless to say, I've never gotten a call back to this day).

After leaving at least 4 "messages" for the "specialists", including a couple which were marked "urgent," and receiving no calls back for days, and after I'd found this site and read all the negative reviews from people who had had this same experience and in some cases never got their products, I finally told a rep that I wanted to cancel my order and get a refund. I was told that they didn't have the power to do that, but that she would leave a message for a specialist who could do a return for me and they would call me back! I asked to speak to her supervisor, and the supervisor told me the exact same thing.

I pointed out to the supervisor that as "customer service reps" they seemed unable to do any of the things that one would expect from a customer service rep, namely, tracking down a lost package, issuing refunds, offering any information that I couldn't already access on my own, or solving any customer issues of any kind. All they seemed able to do was to leave messages for actual customer service reps who never actually called back. I said that selling a product and charging me for it, and then never delivering it, and being unable to account for the missing item, to tell me where it is or even access someone who could, or to issue a refund for something that is clearly their mistake, is essentially fraud, and that if she couldn't get me my money back or put me in touch with someone who could, I was going to talk to my bank about reversing the charges on account of a merchant dispute. The supervisor said that she would include all this in her message to the specialist who would call me back.

It would be hilarious, if I wasn't out $200 waiting for this sheet set that I'll probably never get, and which may not even be what it claimed to be on the website. These are some sketchy business practices. Yes, there is a real product that sometimes gets made and delivered, and maybe it even is what they claims it is. But the complete lack of accountability along the supply chain, the outsourced customer service line (one rep answered the phone "Flax Line-ins" - clearly not an employee of the actual company) that is clearly designed to keep people in limbo when they have a problem instead of actually trying to solve their problems, the total opacity of the way the company is run, and the apparent disregard for preserving their reputation by writing off anyone who has a bad experience with them, all suggests that this company is engaged in some underhanded business practices. I have already submitted the request to my bank to reverse the charges but I don't know if they are actually capable of taking back the money FlaxLinens already took from me. Sure, I'll probably get a refund from Mastercard, but FlaxLinens still got away with ripping off another customer, which frustrates me to no end. Don't be a sucker like me - avoid this company at all costs!

michelen33
2/24/19

I do not normally purchase things online, I generally just go to the store, but at that is getting harder the older I get. but after calling the company and speaking to their customer service and they explained in detail about the fabric, washing instructions, matching colors, I want to thank the staff at flax linens (especially Natalie!) for helping me with my purchase.

lenaf14
2/22/19

I feel so grown up now after sleeping in my first set of high-quality sheets. I used to think to buy nice sheets was for housewives but boy was I wrong, I woke up feeling super refreshed and would recommend making the switch from crappy sheets to good ones

melissap191
2/22/19

Hard to resist not buying more things. Flax Linens .com had a great sale on cyber Monday and since I ordered from these guys before without any hitch I decided it was a good time to fill my linen closet

jessicaw271
2/21/19

These sheets are the best. We have a hard time finding sheets that are luxurious but reasonably priced and fit our Tempur-Pedic king mattress. These sheets are both! We shopped around quite a bit and realized that flaxlinens website is an amazing valuedfor the quality.

lillians68
2/21/19

staceym161
2/18/19

So I have to say, at first I was not pleased with this company but they really worked hard to fix their mistake which is why I felt the need to leave this review. I ordered a California King 4 Piece Sheet Set in Fern Green. I ended up receiving a Duvet Cover Set in Fern Green. Needless to say I was angry because I was so looking forward to getting these on my bed so I angrily emailed Flax Linens. Natalie responded within 3 hours of my email and let me know they would sew and send out a new set within 48 hours. They did not even bother with the exchange until I received my correct set. They sent me a gift card for future order and a prepaid return label for the wrong set they sent me. I ended up keeping the Duvet Set and they were able to apply the coupon to that set to make everything right! I now have a beautiful fern green set and I could not be happier! I will be back when I am ready to order more bed sheets. 4/5 stars only because of the initial mistake but 5 out of 5 for quality!

susannah32
2/4/19

I bought these as one of my daughters Christmas gifts because she LOVES mine when she comes to visit. I have always. She did not like the color I chose but she had no trouble exchanging them for ones she liked. I am writing this review because I appreciate how simple FlaxLinens.com made the transaction. I would recommend wholeheartedly

margaretw208
2/2/19

I am loath to spend this kind of money on sheets, but after spending a week with them I can say they are well worth the money. I didn't believe sheets could make that big a difference in how you sleep. Boy, have I been proven wrong. I was super impressed with how quickly they came.

maryh732
2/2/19

Love my duvet cover!!! The quality is amazing and it does not make me hot at night plus you can't beat the price! Love flax linens.

bonniep91
1/9/19

Best quality sheets I have found, my family keeps thanking me for replacing all the sheets in the house. I have been very happy with the Belgian Linen sheets I bought from them over a year ago.

gertrudes11
1/4/19

Exactly what I needed. Crisp, clean look and amazing material. Happy with my purchase. Recommend everyone!!!

sallyk62
12/25/18

I loved dealing with Flax Linens. I requested custom sized sheets and they were deliverd to me within 13 days. The quality of the stitching was what I expected from a high end product.

Questions? Get answers from the Flax Linens staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Flax Linens