Review of Flax Linens

Flax Linens reviews

Tel: 1.888.399.3529

jackiv1
11/20/19
I normally do not write reviews but I truly appreciated the personal service I received. The product is great, I have ordered all my bedding from this company for the last 2 years, consistently my orders have impressed me, in particular the natural flax color. My entire house has morphed from bright and loud to natural and neutral which suits my personality much better. I have read the reviews from happy customers and some upset but my personal experience is this company was anything less then honest and forthright, I would not be writing this review.
Response from Natalie G., Flax Linens Representative
Hi Jacki - thank you for the kind words and truly appreciate the support as a longtime loyal customer. Our favourite color is Flax, also our namesake. Flax is the one that is totally natural, undyed & unbleached. Although we use veggie dyes in our fabrics for other colors, anything that has color in it must be bleached first with the one exception being Flax where the color is derived from the natural hues of the Flax plant itself. That is why there is a bit of a speckle in it. I personally find that Flax color to be very calming so it does what it is supposed to do, relax you before your bedtime! Always happy to hear from repeat customers, thanks again!
kanew14
11/20/19
There is something special about sleeping in these linen sheets. I have had them for over 3 months now. Whats different? I look forward to getting into bed. I go to sleep happier, I appreciate staying in bed longer, I ever love making my bed because I love how it looks after its all done up. Safe to say I have re-established my relationship with my bed again. More on this, I just got a divorce because I am a pretty much a typical workaholic and did not spend enough time home. When I moved into my new place I needed to get the basic things, a mattress and some good sheets. Its something to look forward to go home to.
Response from Natalie G., Flax Linens Representative
Hi Kane,
This is wonderful to hear, this is reason we do this business. Thank you for the kind words and here is to less work more comfy sleep over the holiday season!
ericae76
11/17/19
• Updated review
They refunded the money, but they are sending me emails saying the 'lost money on me' and I must 'enjoy writing negative reviews' even though I've showed them UPS shows it delivered to the wrong city. They want me to remove my negative review now that they issued a refund. And, no comment on my 4 unanswered inquiries trying to resolve it. I wonder how many other people they've pressured to remove bad reviews? In my opinion, this company has a HUGE ISSUE with shipping, and responding to inquiries about missing things. If you DO get them to respond and refund, then it feels like a weird kind of bullying to remove the review. I do not like to leave negative reviews, and have only written positive reviews for good products and service until now. But I write this review as a service to potential customers. If I would have known these facts, I would have either not placed the order, or placed it knowing it was a huge gamble and could be a lot of work. Also I noted their rating on BBB is D+. From what I can tell, their product is good, IF you receive it. They just need to correct their HUGE shipping and customer service issue to continue to do business.
Response from Natalie G., Flax Linens Representative
Hi Erica

#1 We initially sent the product you ordered via UPS, we sent you a tracking notification, and there was a proof of delivery in Los Angeles, to the shipping address you provided us. You obviously did not receive the product and we never disputed your claim that you did not receive the package. Perhaps the lost package was due to an issue with the courier or the item was stolen after it was delivered, unfortunately this kind of thing happens. If 100% of all packages arrives without issues we would not need tracking numbers, but this of course is not the case. While these are not mistakes we made in the delivery of your package, it is our responsibility to make sure the item you ordered arrives to you. If it does not, we must either re-send the item or refund the order. We do understand our obligations to you with regards to Shipping & Delivery.

#2 When we found out that you did not receive the item you ordered via your review on this site (not the BBB) we immediately responded and emailed you to rectify the issue. In that email we asked whether you wanted us to re-send the item at our cost or whether you wanted a refund. You asked for a refund and we refunded you in full immediately, on the same day you requested a refund. We do understand our obligations to you with regards to Customer Service.

I must state, it was always our intention for our customers to receive the item they order. As connoisseurs of natural linen bedding ourselves, we cannot wait for our customers to receive the naturally made bedding products we sell. When they are happy with what they receive, nothing gives us greater joy. We sleep on this bedding ourselves so we know how much of a game changer it can be to get a new set of quality linen sheets

You are free to write whatever you choose about your experience and at no point in time did we bully you to remove your review. You actually volunteered to remove your review yourself in your email response but instead chose to reiterate your negative thoughts towards our company with a second review after we had already refunded you and had offered we to re-send the item at our cost. That's OK, reviews (positive ones and negative ones) are part of running a legitimate online business and at the end of the day we must live by our actions, not by others words. In your case, our actions were exactly what you had requested of us. There is absolutely no fraud that took place on our part, there was no mal-intent and we did our best to resolve the matter to your satisfaction. At the end of the day, you asked for a full refund and you received it on the same day you requested it. Had you asked for a new item to be sent out to replace the one that we already had sent, we would have done that. We have not wronged you in any way but you continue to speak negatively about our company, again that is your choice. We are obliged to respond to your misclaims of fraud, we have a duty to our brand and we will maintain our dignity, something which is often lacking in the world we live in.

To clarify further, we did not have any interaction with the Better Business Bureau, who it should be noted is a privately run "not for profit" organization. Wikipedia and states that they generated $215 Million Dollars last year with only $20 Million in expenses and they also happen NOT be affiliated with any government organizations and hold no authority over businesses. Their charity "BBB Wise Giving Alliance" is actually 'unrated' status on Charity Navigator. On a somewhat humorous note, the BBB was profiled in the LA Times and other news organizations after giving the terror group 'Hamas' and A- rating which is laughable if it weren't kind of scary. We choose not to pay them for a ratings. Sitejabber on the other hand was started by the National Science Foundation so we find them to be a tad more credible, although we do not pay this site neither. We have a policy not to pay for ratings, we view reviews to be an organic metric. When we saw your review on here we immediately emailed you to resolve the issue. We did not do it through a third party website, we emailed you directly. You are our customer, and we are here to resolve the issue with you directly, you will note the timestamp on the reply to your review and the timestamp on your email. We responded respectfully and quickly with an options that would resolve the issue, not because the BBB asked us to, because you asked us to.

We have done everything we can to be responsive and resolve the matter, and we have refunded you for your order and we will deal with UPS Insurance separately so I am not sure why you have insisted on continued to reiterate negativity toward our company. We work hard everyday to appease our customers and do our best which is why I have taken the time to write this response on a Sunday. If you think the courier losing your order and us giving you a refund deserves 2x 1 star reviews then that is your choice to make.

Also it is important to note that 100% of people that are upset with a company write reviews with the motivation to solve an issue whereas only 1-2% of the people that are satisfied and like a product or brand write a positive review. It is incorrect to assume and deduce that 25% of all our customers have the same issues that you have stated with shipping and customer service, both of which we understand our obligation as stated above. As a Direct to Consumer Brand, we often see negative reviews as a signal to resolve any outstanding issues in a positive manner and fix operational issues. The amount of happy customers we have significantly outweighs the number of upset ones. Of course, sometimes we do make mistakes (who doesn't make mistakes right?) we use the opportunity to resolve, learn and get better. When we resolve an issue, generally as human beings we turn negative feelings into positive ones. I am truly sorry we were unable to do that in this instance.

For anyone reading this, the review directly below and above is from the same customer, who we expediently responded to when she had an issue with our company, they are not 2 seperate incidence.
“seems like fraud to me”
11/13/19
• Previous review
Having same infuriating issues as other negative reviewers. Company lied about shipping date, package 'went missing' and 4 messages unreturned. I'll be disputing the charge with my credit card and do my best to warn others about this company.
Response from Natalie G., Flax Linens Representative
Hi Erica - I have sent you an email. From our end we have a confirmation that the item was delivered and we sent you a tracking number but since you did not receive the item it was likely stolen so we can either refund in full or can remake your order. Please advise, we are interested in resolving this matter of course to a positive end
mariahw16
11/3/19
I truly had high hopes for this product but unfortunately I really hate my purchase. I honestly regret it. I purchased the set in May, didn't receive it until July. I had such a hard time with little help thoughout the process.
The sheets don't fit my duvet cover and it constantly falls into a clump. I hate everything about the sheets and I stress that it was so expensive.
I was afraid to initiate a return due to the crap experience I went through, reading through similar comments heightened my fear that I would be ripped off. Which essentially I was.
I'm thoughouly upset and don't recommend.
I no longer have the set on my bed, total waste of money =( the company couldn't care less.
Response from Natalie G., Flax Linens Representative
Hi Mariah, we do list the dimensions of our items on our website and we do offer a custom sized items. With regards to our pricing, we are actually value priced, which means we strive to come in under the competition. Granted, Linen Fabric is expensive (around $28 / Yard Retail) so Linen Bedding tends to be more expensive across the board when comparing to other fabrics but do tend to last much longer. We also do not take back used items as Linens are considered an intimate items. We are sorry for your experience but would have been happy to make you a custom sized item.
johnw1865
10/7/19
my package arrived from europe 10 days from making my order. packaging was minimal but what was inside was perfect. The linen quality was comparable to coyouchi linens I had ordered previously but I calculated them to be almost half the price. I am impressed the value and quality of flax linens products and look fwd to doing more business with these folks. I ordered 5 Piece Chambray Set and replaced the top sheet with belgian linen mid grey

Tip for consumers: buy the sheet set as a bundle, what a great value

Response from Natalie G., Flax Linens Representative
Thank you so much for the love! We are here anytime you need any further assistance
robertc1617
9/24/19
searched high and wide for fitted sheets and duvet cover for a wood carved daybed that has been in my family for 2 generations. the bed is in-between a twin and full and I already had to have a custom sized mattress made for this thing. It was near impossible to find custom sized belgian linen sheets without sewing them myself but but lo-and-behold i found flaxlinens.com contacted them through their custom sized sheet form and had an answer within 3 hours of my inquiry from a helpful bedding consultant named Sean who works for the company. I received my fitted sheet and duvet cover and shams set late last week truly satisfied with the outcome. I will be buying all my linens from these guys and would recommend anyone else to do the same

Tip for consumers: if you need custom sizes, use their handy form that is accessible on top menu or just google flaxlinens custom bedding

Response from Natalie G., Flax Linens Representative
Hi Robert, we looooove making customized bedding, it means that the items are made just for you. Everyone should have a personal connection to their bedding, god knows we spent enough time with it. Thank you for the positive comments!
cristend
9/15/19
I have ordered linen bedding from west elm, restoration hardware & pottery bar and I must say that flaxlinens has the best fabric and sewing quality. I just received my ruffled duvet set / european shams / ruffled bed skirt and they are so lovely and fit my bedroom perfectly. My order arrived within 12 days of ordering, looking fwd to ordering more items from this company. I wanted to write this review because I personally think these days people only tend to write reviews with there is a mistake but in this case when they did everything right, why not give them some love?
Response from Natalie G., Flax Linens Representative
thank you for the love Cristen! glad to see that your experience with us was a positive one
amandag250
7/21/19
I ordered the embroidered set last year, held up to weekly washings I am now adding 2 simple sets to my collection, it says alot that I came back because Sean has treated me wonderfully and always available to answer any questions I may have.
Response from Natalie G., Flax Linens Representative
I will let Sean know and thank you for being a repeat customer!
sarahm397
7/9/19
I think some of the reviews here are from competition trying to make this company look bad because I have bought linens on 3 separate occasions from them and have never had any issues reaching customer service they always respond to any questions between immediately and 12 hours from any of my emails. I just wanted to write this review to reassure everyone that flaxlinens.com is a fine and upstanding company
Response from Natalie G., Flax Linens Representative
Thank you for your loyalty and you kindness. We did learn that one of our competitors posted a bunch of reviews about our company and are trying to have sitejabber investigate and resolve the matter. We do truly care for our clients and the product we sell and do our best everyday to improve. Thank you again for the review
maxiney2
7/3/19
I ended up exchanging my sheets 3 times without a hitch because I was trying to match a color. I was not sure if Navy or Indigo would work and I ended up going with sky blue. I wanted to write here because FL was always willing to process my exchange quickly and I truly appreciate that they stick to their exchange policy. I know I was a difficult customer but the customer service was accommodating and never made me feel bad about the exchanges and we're prompt in their responses. I did have to pay for return shipping everytime but they paid for shipping back to me.
stanleyh58
6/26/19
Natalie was super helpful in aiding me in designing my custom bedding set. I reached out via the chat on the site and she responded to me within 10 seconds of asking a question. I was able to upload a photo of some images I found on Pinterest as well as my bedroom and she suggested a color combination made specifically for me. This is the type of personalized service that I would expect from a store retail experience but not online, Bravo to Natalie Ns Flax Linens
lancek33
6/19/19
Ordered duvet set which was to deliver in 2 weeks. It is now over 4 weeks late and nobody can tell me where it is or what is being done. One of the items on that order I had to cancel, so they issued a store credit. I used that credit on a sheet set, and now that order is two weeks late and nobody can tell me anything. I've tried several times by phone and email, and all I get is apologies and empty promises to check and get back to me asap. 7 days now since the last apology and empty promise by email. Having to dispute the charges now with my credit card.

Tip for consumers: The items online looked promising, but for me it was all promise and no delivery. Order at your own risk.

domenicad
5/15/19
Thanks Flax, I received my package 2 weeks ago. Woow! The linens were so cute, everything that I expected. Best quality I could ever find.
davidw1418
4/10/19
Easy to order, easy to wash, perfect sleep!
I have been buying sheets online for the past couple of years so I am always on the lookout for brands. I read about Flax Linens on a reddit board and decided to try them out. I have been sleeping on percale cotton but I must say Linen made from Flax seems like a much better buy then my sheets from Brooklinen
marys1161
4/7/19
Perfectly executed valentines gift for my fiancee. She was stoked about the new bedding. I felt so clever buying something that felt romantic to her while improving our bedding situation.
paulb1102
4/5/19
When my linens arrived I was taken back to my childhood when bedding linens were a sign of a family that cares for the quality of the details. Bravo for bringing back the importance of these memories with your products
laquitam3
3/30/19
We purchased a Ruffle Duvet Cover and I could not wait to get my tax refund to complete my set with a dust ruffle for my king bed. I was not sure whether to get the same color or mix it up so I booked a time with a design consultant via the website and they gave me some great suggestions. They even asked me for a photo of the bedroom along with some looks I was inspired by and gave me a great suggestion. I ended up with a Striped Bed Skirt which makes my room look like it belongs in some interior design magazine. Thank you for the personal care!
timothyp183
3/30/19
I bought 6 duvet covers from flaxlinens a couple of years ago and I am just coming back now this time I will buy entire sets. The white is really white and stays white because the fabric washes so well!
jacke99
3/23/19
Loathe buying sheets because my mattress is extremely tall and so the pocket is often not deep enough. These guys made me a custom fitted sheet, when the sales guy said the word 'custom' my brain cringed because I was expecting an extreme price but they only charged me $20 bucks extra! My sheets always rip on the corners but I feel like these will last much longer
jamesd849
3/21/19
I have been buying sheets online for the past couple of years so I am always on the look out for brands. I read about Flax Linens on a reddit board and decided to try them out. I have been sleeping on percale cotton but I must say Linen made from Flax seems like a much better buy then my sheets from Brooklinen
kristinf49
3/19/19
I'd give this zero stars if that was able to get my review published. I saved up and was so excited to get some linen bedding. Tried to exchange the duvet set for another color and 3 months later I still have nothing to show for my money. Flax Linens has my money and their product and I can't even get someone to talk to me. I keep getting told a message will be sent in urgent status so that I can receive a call back, and NOTHING! No phone calls for weeks from their end even though I have now been trying everyday just to talk to somebody for almost a month.
jackm384
3/17/19
I ordered a 5 Piece Bed in a Bag in Chambray Linen. I had been looking for a particular color and came across a swatch that led me to flax linen website. I have been sleeping in these linens for a few weeks, having washed it a couple of times I can easily say these are the best sheets I have ever owned. Not only because of the comfort but also because of the color and quality of sewing.
brittanyb135
3/15/19
I do not usually do reviews but I was throuroughly impressed at how my purchase and exchange went with this company. First off, while they were helpful over the phone, I ultimatly ended up with the wrong color. I emailed *****@flaxlinens.com and had an answer regarding my exchange within 1 hour with a mailing instructions for the exchange package. Within a week I received a new color which I much preferred. I will certainly be ordering again
johnw1580
3/13/19
We live in Florida and my husband and I are both hot sleepers and this sheet has been the answers to our prayers, it's the first material we were able to agree upon. We ordered the Light Grey Color which was a perfectly subtle detail to our bedroom.
hannahb147
3/3/19
I wish I had looked up reviews of this company before I decided to buy from them. I had the same problem that a lot of the other 1-star reviewers reported - I ordered 2 items from flaxlinens: a fitted sheet and a duvet cover set. The fitted sheet arrived a couple weeks later, and I was surprised to find that it had shipped from China, since I thought these were made in Belgium. Turns out, the flax is grown in Belgium (supposedly), but all the linens are actually sewn in China. The bag it came in reeked strongly of outgassing plastic, and the stench had permeated the sheet to the point where I had to launder it twice in hot water to get the smell out. The quality of the product, once cleaned, was fine, but my faith in the organic claim is shaken by the discovery that it was made in China.

But the real saga began when the second package (the more expensive duvet cover set) failed to arrive by the date stated in the tracking page. In fact, to this day the tracking page, which is just a page on the website where you enter the order number (no actual tracking number from a third party shipper) STILL says it's on its way and due to arrive by Feb 13 (it's now March 3rd). When I first realized the tracking page wasn't updating, I tried emailing the company, but got no response. I then tried calling every day for a week, and each time I was given the run-around. Every customer service agent I spoke to did the following:
1) look up the "tracking information" using the same page I did, and confirmed that they saw the same out of date message that I did, and
2) promised to leave a message for one of their "specialists" or "someone in shipping", who would call me back (needless to say, I've never gotten a call back to this day).

After leaving at least 4 "messages" for the "specialists", including a couple which were marked "urgent," and receiving no calls back for days, and after I'd found this site and read all the negative reviews from people who had had this same experience and in some cases never got their products, I finally told a rep that I wanted to cancel my order and get a refund. I was told that they didn't have the power to do that, but that she would leave a message for a specialist who could do a return for me and they would call me back! I asked to speak to her supervisor, and the supervisor told me the exact same thing.

I pointed out to the supervisor that as "customer service reps" they seemed unable to do any of the things that one would expect from a customer service rep, namely, tracking down a lost package, issuing refunds, offering any information that I couldn't already access on my own, or solving any customer issues of any kind. All they seemed able to do was to leave messages for actual customer service reps who never actually called back. I said that selling a product and charging me for it, and then never delivering it, and being unable to account for the missing item, to tell me where it is or even access someone who could, or to issue a refund for something that is clearly their mistake, is essentially fraud, and that if she couldn't get me my money back or put me in touch with someone who could, I was going to talk to my bank about reversing the charges on account of a merchant dispute. The supervisor said that she would include all this in her message to the specialist who would call me back.

It would be hilarious, if I wasn't out $200 waiting for this sheet set that I'll probably never get, and which may not even be what it claimed to be on the website. These are some sketchy business practices. Yes, there is a real product that sometimes gets made and delivered, and maybe it even is what they claims it is. But the complete lack of accountability along the supply chain, the outsourced customer service line (one rep answered the phone "Flax Line-ins" - clearly not an employee of the actual company) that is clearly designed to keep people in limbo when they have a problem instead of actually trying to solve their problems, the total opacity of the way the company is run, and the apparent disregard for preserving their reputation by writing off anyone who has a bad experience with them, all suggests that this company is engaged in some underhanded business practices. I have already submitted the request to my bank to reverse the charges but I don't know if they are actually capable of taking back the money FlaxLinens already took from me. Sure, I'll probably get a refund from Mastercard, but FlaxLinens still got away with ripping off another customer, which frustrates me to no end. Don't be a sucker like me - avoid this company at all costs!

i contacted them through their online form and got an answer back within 4 hours

By Robert C.

i spoke to someone on their chat on their site, it was a real person

By Cristen D.

price, customer reviews, customizable set, specilization in linen bedding

By John W.

order arrived within 10 days from the purchase date and exactly like the swatches on the website

By John W.

Questions? Get answers from the Flax Linens staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Flax Linens