Flax Linens

Flax Linens has a consumer rating of 3.86 stars from 56 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Flax Linens also ranks 9th among Bedding sites. The most common issues with Flax Linens are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 42.9%

• I have been very happy with the Belgian Linen sheets I bought from them over a year ago.

• Every customer service agent I spoke to did the following:
  • Flaxlinens.com charged my credit card, but I never received them.
How would you rate Flax Linens?

“exceptional product in my sanctuary”

Kane W.
11/20/19

There is something special about sleeping in these linen sheets. I have had them for over 3 months now. Whats different? I look forward to getting into bed. I go to sleep happier, I appreciate staying in bed longer, I ever love making my bed because I love how it looks after its all done up. Safe to say I have re-established my relationship with my bed again. More on this, I just got a divorce because I am a pretty much a typical workaholic and did not spend enough time home. When I moved into my new place I needed to get the basic things, a mattress and some good sheets. Its something to look forward to go home to.

“DO NOT ORDER FROM FLAX LINENS”

Josh M.
7/24/20

I ordered a sheet set and a duvet cover at nearly $500, nearly 3 months ago and it still hasn't arrived. I've placed 7 phone calls to customer service and they all guarantee me that they will email and/or call with an update on the status of my shipping/refund, but no one ever emails and no one ever calls. After 2 months, five calls, numerous emails and even their customer service texting option offers no solution, I just want a refund. However, no one at their first line customer service can actually do anything. Out $500 with nothing but wasted time, wasted energy and a lot of frustration.

customer service (14) credit card (7) 3 months (3) belgian linen sheets (3)
joshm517
July 24th, 2020
mandyw58
July 25th, 2020
I ordered a king size duvet cover on July 2 2020. Waited the two weeks. Product never arrived. Sent 1st email inquiring about status, no answer. Sent 2nd email, no response. Sent 3rd email, no response. Called, no return phone call. Sent 4th email, no response. Tried to use their "chat" feature. No response. Then I read these review and found they all had the same story so I just disputed the purchase which smartly I put on my AmEx. Now I'm going to have to find another place to buy a flax linen duvet cover. One month wasted but glad I saw this review site and stopped wasting my time, especially since you all say the product is produced in China. Dang.
suzannem496
August 3rd, 2020
I ordered in June and no delivery although promised in 2 weeks. They apologized and said I would have my order in one more week and nothing! The do not respond to phone or email. People who answer the phone don't know anything and say someone will get back to you. Just like all the other reviews here.
kanew14
November 20th, 2019
Hi Kane,
This is wonderful to hear, this is reason we do this business. Thank you for the kind words and here is to less work more comfy sleep over the holiday season!
ellyr9
July 20th, 2020
I ordered a duvet cover set in Mid May 2020. I received a Tracking number and package was to be delivered June 11. It is now July 20. I have phoned their 800 number at least 12 times and always getting a different person on the line. I tell them my issue and each and every response is the same. "I will forward your message and you will receive an email" Well, an email has never come. Today I called again and spoke with "Rebecca" who gave me the same line as the prior 12 calls to Flax Linens. After questioning her I did find out that she does not work for Flax Linens and is solely a customer service for them and other companies. I asked her whether Flax Linens really exists and she said she did not know!!! I then asked for a full refund and again she said I will send this to my supervisor and you will receive and email in response and a refund. Let's see...I have never is my entire life ever received such poor customer service, and I somewhat feel sorry for the people that have to dish out all this BS. I sincerely hope for a response and my full refund. Thank you
domenicad
May 15th, 2019
Thanks Flax, I received my package 2 weeks ago. Woow! The linens were so cute, everything that I expected. Best quality I could ever find.
arimao
April 1st, 2020
I have bought 2 bedding sets from here. The fabric is of good quality (that is the main part that makes me most satisfied with the product).
Natalie G. – Flax Linens Rep
thank you Arima for your patronage and hope that bedding serves you for years to come. We do have a loyalty discount for clients which you would receive via email or sms depending on contact permissions
adleyv
December 31st, 2019
After much deliberation of where to buy new linens we decided on Flax Linens- it was a big deal for us to spend a lot of money on linens so it was incredibly disappointing when after waiting a month for the shipment to arrive, we received the wrong item (top sheet, no duvet cover). After about 20 attempts to reach the company via online chatting and phone calling, we disputed the the charge with our credit card company. What happens is every time someone at their customer service call center says they will have a specialist call back- but they never ever do. We are still in the middle of this and it is such a nightmare. Who wants to spend their time with this?? Cannot believe a company in this modern day can get away with being so corrupt!
Natalie G. – Flax Linens Rep
Hi Adley - I believe you have been speaking with the owner of the company and this is in the process of being resolved. As far as I understood, when you were calling in you were mentioning your name and your email, which was the name which the order was made under so the customer service rep had trouble placing the order. I understand you are directly in contact with with one of the owners of the company now and the matter is in process of being resolved.
melodyc88
June 9th, 2020
After waiting for over a month for my duvet and contacting customer service and never receiving a reply, I finally received duvet from CHINA. No where does it state MADE IN CHINA. Also, I had a custom order and was charged for the extra ruffle and did not receive it. Can not get anyone to contact me. DO NOT PLACE ORDER WITH THIS COMPANY.
jackiv1
November 20th, 2019
I normally do not write reviews but I truly appreciated the personal service I received. The product is great, I have ordered all my bedding from this company for the last 2 years, consistently my orders have impressed me, in particular the natural flax color. My entire house has morphed from bright and loud to natural and neutral which suits my personality much better. I have read the reviews from happy customers and some upset but my personal experience is this company was anything less then honest and forthright, I would not be writing this review.
Natalie G. – Flax Linens Rep
Hi Jacki - thank you for the kind words and truly appreciate the support as a longtime loyal customer. Our favourite color is Flax, also our namesake. Flax is the one that is totally natural, undyed & unbleached. Although we use veggie dyes in our fabrics for other colors, anything that has color in it must be bleached first with the one exception being Flax where the color is derived from the natural hues of the Flax plant itself. That is why there is a bit of a speckle in it. I personally find that Flax color to be very calming so it does what it is supposed to do, relax you before your bedtime! Always happy to hear from repeat customers, thanks again!
tiffanys174
November 27th, 2018
I ordered a set of sheets and a duvet and they charged my credit card on Sept 9, 2018. I received no tracking information. I reached out via email three times. I have called customer service twice and was given incorrect info. One person could not find my order the other person said there was no order. Both representatives said they would have someone call me back because they had limited visibility and no one has returned my phone call. I also sent you a facebook message. No response! Do not order from them.
mariahw16
November 3rd, 2019
I truly had high hopes for this product but unfortunately I really hate my purchase. I honestly regret it. I purchased the set in May, didn't receive it until July. I had such a hard time with little help thoughout the process.
The sheets don't fit my duvet cover and it constantly falls into a clump. I hate everything about the sheets and I stress that it was so expensive.
I was afraid to initiate a return due to the crap experience I went through, reading through similar comments heightened my fear that I would be ripped off. Which essentially I was.
I'm thoughouly upset and don't recommend.
I no longer have the set on my bed, total waste of money =( the company couldn't care less.
Natalie G. – Flax Linens Rep
Hi Mariah, we do list the dimensions of our items on our website and we do offer a custom sized items. With regards to our pricing, we are actually value priced, which means we strive to come in under the competition. Granted, Linen Fabric is expensive (around $28 / Yard Retail) so Linen Bedding tends to be more expensive across the board when comparing to other fabrics but do tend to last much longer. We also do not take back used items as Linens are considered an intimate items. We are sorry for your experience but would have been happy to make you a custom sized item.
ericae76
November 17th, 2019
• Updated review
They refunded the money, but they are sending me emails saying the 'lost money on me' and I must 'enjoy writing negative reviews' even though I've showed them UPS shows it delivered to the wrong city. They want me to remove my negative review now that they issued a refund. And, no comment on my 4 unanswered inquiries trying to resolve it. I wonder how many other people they've pressured to remove bad reviews? In my opinion, this company has a HUGE ISSUE with shipping, and responding to inquiries about missing things. If you DO get them to respond and refund, then it feels like a weird kind of bullying to remove the review. I do not like to leave negative reviews, and have only written positive reviews for good products and service until now. But I write this review as a service to potential customers. If I would have known these facts, I would have either not placed the order, or placed it knowing it was a huge gamble and could be a lot of work. Also I noted their rating on BBB is D+. From what I can tell, their product is good, IF you receive it. They just need to correct their HUGE shipping and customer service issue to continue to do business.
Hi Erica

#1 We initially sent the product you ordered via UPS, we sent you a tracking notification, and there was a proof of delivery in Los Angeles, to the shipping address you provided us. You obviously did not receive the product and we never disputed your claim that you did not receive the package. Perhaps the lost package was due to an issue with the courier or the item was stolen after it was delivered, unfortunately this kind of thing happens. If 100% of all packages arrives without issues we would not need tracking numbers, but this of course is not the case. While these are not mistakes we made in the delivery of your package, it is our responsibility to make sure the item you ordered arrives to you. If it does not, we must either re-send the item or refund the order. We do understand our obligations to you with regards to Shipping & Delivery.

#2 When we found out that you did not receive the item you ordered via your review on this site (not the BBB) we immediately responded and emailed you to rectify the issue. In that email we asked whether you wanted us to re-send the item at our cost or whether you wanted a refund. You asked for a refund and we refunded you in full immediately, on the same day you requested a refund. We do understand our obligations to you with regards to Customer Service.

I must state, it was always our intention for our customers to receive the item they order. As connoisseurs of natural linen bedding ourselves, we cannot wait for our customers to receive the naturally made bedding products we sell. When they are happy with what they receive, nothing gives us greater joy. We sleep on this bedding ourselves so we know how much of a game changer it can be to get a new set of quality linen sheets

You are free to write whatever you choose about your experience and at no point in time did we bully you to remove your review. You actually volunteered to remove your review yourself in your email response but instead chose to reiterate your negative thoughts towards our company with a second review after we had already refunded you and had offered we to re-send the item at our cost. That's OK, reviews (positive ones and negative ones) are part of running a legitimate online business and at the end of the day we must live by our actions, not by others words. In your case, our actions were exactly what you had requested of us. There is absolutely no fraud that took place on our part, there was no mal-intent and we did our best to resolve the matter to your satisfaction. At the end of the day, you asked for a full refund and you received it on the same day you requested it. Had you asked for a new item to be sent out to replace the one that we already had sent, we would have done that. We have not wronged you in any way but you continue to speak negatively about our company, again that is your choice. We are obliged to respond to your misclaims of fraud, we have a duty to our brand and we will maintain our dignity, something which is often lacking in the world we live in.

To clarify further, we did not have any interaction with the Better Business Bureau, who it should be noted is a privately run "not for profit" organization. Wikipedia and states that they generated $215 Million Dollars last year with only $20 Million in expenses and they also happen NOT be affiliated with any government organizations and hold no authority over businesses. Their charity "BBB Wise Giving Alliance" is actually 'unrated' status on Charity Navigator. On a somewhat humorous note, the BBB was profiled in the LA Times and other news organizations after giving the terror group 'Hamas' and A- rating which is laughable if it weren't kind of scary. We choose not to pay them for a ratings. Sitejabber on the other hand was started by the National Science Foundation so we find them to be a tad more credible, although we do not pay this site neither. We have a policy not to pay for ratings, we view reviews to be an organic metric. When we saw your review on here we immediately emailed you to resolve the issue. We did not do it through a third party website, we emailed you directly. You are our customer, and we are here to resolve the issue with you directly, you will note the timestamp on the reply to your review and the timestamp on your email. We responded respectfully and quickly with an options that would resolve the issue, not because the BBB asked us to, because you asked us to.

We have done everything we can to be responsive and resolve the matter, and we have refunded you for your order and we will deal with UPS Insurance separately so I am not sure why you have insisted on continued to reiterate negativity toward our company. We work hard everyday to appease our customers and do our best which is why I have taken the time to write this response on a Sunday. If you think the courier losing your order and us giving you a refund deserves 2x 1 star reviews then that is your choice to make.

Also it is important to note that 100% of people that are upset with a company write reviews with the motivation to solve an issue whereas only 1-2% of the people that are satisfied and like a product or brand write a positive review. It is incorrect to assume and deduce that 25% of all our customers have the same issues that you have stated with shipping and customer service, both of which we understand our obligation as stated above. As a Direct to Consumer Brand, we often see negative reviews as a signal to resolve any outstanding issues in a positive manner and fix operational issues. The amount of happy customers we have significantly outweighs the number of upset ones. Of course, sometimes we do make mistakes (who doesn't make mistakes right?) we use the opportunity to resolve, learn and get better. When we resolve an issue, generally as human beings we turn negative feelings into positive ones. I am truly sorry we were unable to do that in this instance.

For anyone reading this, the review directly below and above is from the same customer, who we expediently responded to when she had an issue with our company, they are not 2 seperate incidence.
seems like fraud to me
November 13th, 2019
• Previous review
Having same infuriating issues as other negative reviewers. Company lied about shipping date, package 'went missing' and 4 messages unreturned. I'll be disputing the charge with my credit card and do my best to warn others about this company.
kristinf49
March 19th, 2019
I'd give this zero stars if that was able to get my review published. I saved up and was so excited to get some linen bedding. Tried to exchange the duvet set for another color and 3 months later I still have nothing to show for my money. Flax Linens has my money and their product and I can't even get someone to talk to me. I keep getting told a message will be sent in urgent status so that I can receive a call back, and NOTHING! No phone calls for weeks from their end even though I have now been trying everyday just to talk to somebody for almost a month.
sarahd281
July 12th, 2018
Their site emphasizes over and over how this is European linen and has a deeply buried mention that the product is actually manufactured in China.

Delivery takes forever, and when you call you never reach a live person until at one point a guy answers on what seems to be his cell phone and simply argues with you about why your tracking information isn't updating. They tell you that the package has shipped so they charge your credit card, when in fact it is being made from China at that moment, in an untrackable fashion and may not actually ship for days.

Upon receiving the sheets, days later than promised, I find that the hems are the narrowest possible, that this is not premium quality at all, and that the pillowcases, for example, barely fit my pillows. They have skimped wherever possible to give you the. least amount of fabric.

They do not have a Better Business Bureau rating, nor is it easy to contact this company by email or phone as they do not return customer service inquiries whether you make them by phone or on their website. It took me more than 20 calls to reach a live person as it just went to voicemail.

This turns out to be a very fancy website that is a front for a guy's small home business.

Do some more shopping, including on Etsy, and you will find genuine linens that are actually manufactured and assembled in Europe. I found some much better ones from Eastern Europe.

Severely disappointed.
lancek33
June 19th, 2019
Ordered duvet set which was to deliver in 2 weeks. It is now over 4 weeks late and nobody can tell me where it is or what is being done. One of the items on that order I had to cancel, so they issued a store credit. I used that credit on a sheet set, and now that order is two weeks late and nobody can tell me anything. I've tried several times by phone and email, and all I get is apologies and empty promises to check and get back to me asap. 7 days now since the last apology and empty promise by email. Having to dispute the charges now with my credit card.

Tip for consumers: The items online looked promising, but for me it was all promise and no delivery. Order at your own risk.

lisam896
October 22nd, 2018
I would give them a zero if I could. The wrong size duvet was sent. We started the return process right away. We called the one 800 number to get a return address. When you call their 1-800 customer service number, you can only get a hold you of an answering service, nobody that actually works for flax linen. The answering service representative gave me the return address. My business partner was going to the post office that day and offered to mail the return package for me. Even though a copy of the email with the order confirmation and all pertinent information and my contact info was taped to the front of the duvet; just because she put our office address and not my personal address on the outside of the envelope, my return package sat in their warehouse unopened for a month and a half. I emailed them the day the return was sent and then four times inquiring about my return/refund. I finally decided to call their answering service again and asked the rep to have someone who works for Flax Linen to contact me. When the Rep from Flax Linen emailed me he was rude and snarky and kept telling me it was my fault that the refund has not been processed because the package was returned with my office address on the outside of the envelope. If anybody at flax linen had critical thinking skills, they might have checked their customer service emails and figured it out or better yet, opened the package to see the duvet and all my contact information along with original order number was taped to the product for a fast and efficient refund. Instead, I received no response and then a barrage of nastiness! It was Atrocious and I will never buy from this company again. Do not buy from flax linens when there are so many other, better, reputable companies with the same if not better product, that have real customer service agents you can speak to, who actually work from the company you're buying from and who do not treat their customers this poorly!
hannahb147
March 3rd, 2019
I wish I had looked up reviews of this company before I decided to buy from them. I had the same problem that a lot of the other 1-star reviewers reported - I ordered 2 items from flaxlinens: a fitted sheet and a duvet cover set. The fitted sheet arrived a couple weeks later, and I was surprised to find that it had shipped from China, since I thought these were made in Belgium. Turns out, the flax is grown in Belgium (supposedly), but all the linens are actually sewn in China. The bag it came in reeked strongly of outgassing plastic, and the stench had permeated the sheet to the point where I had to launder it twice in hot water to get the smell out. The quality of the product, once cleaned, was fine, but my faith in the organic claim is shaken by the discovery that it was made in China.

But the real saga began when the second package (the more expensive duvet cover set) failed to arrive by the date stated in the tracking page. In fact, to this day the tracking page, which is just a page on the website where you enter the order number (no actual tracking number from a third party shipper) STILL says it's on its way and due to arrive by Feb 13 (it's now March 3rd). When I first realized the tracking page wasn't updating, I tried emailing the company, but got no response. I then tried calling every day for a week, and each time I was given the run-around. Every customer service agent I spoke to did the following:
1) look up the "tracking information" using the same page I did, and confirmed that they saw the same out of date message that I did, and
2) promised to leave a message for one of their "specialists" or "someone in shipping", who would call me back (needless to say, I've never gotten a call back to this day).

After leaving at least 4 "messages" for the "specialists", including a couple which were marked "urgent," and receiving no calls back for days, and after I'd found this site and read all the negative reviews from people who had had this same experience and in some cases never got their products, I finally told a rep that I wanted to cancel my order and get a refund. I was told that they didn't have the power to do that, but that she would leave a message for a specialist who could do a return for me and they would call me back! I asked to speak to her supervisor, and the supervisor told me the exact same thing.

I pointed out to the supervisor that as "customer service reps" they seemed unable to do any of the things that one would expect from a customer service rep, namely, tracking down a lost package, issuing refunds, offering any information that I couldn't already access on my own, or solving any customer issues of any kind. All they seemed able to do was to leave messages for actual customer service reps who never actually called back. I said that selling a product and charging me for it, and then never delivering it, and being unable to account for the missing item, to tell me where it is or even access someone who could, or to issue a refund for something that is clearly their mistake, is essentially fraud, and that if she couldn't get me my money back or put me in touch with someone who could, I was going to talk to my bank about reversing the charges on account of a merchant dispute. The supervisor said that she would include all this in her message to the specialist who would call me back.

It would be hilarious, if I wasn't out $200 waiting for this sheet set that I'll probably never get, and which may not even be what it claimed to be on the website. These are some sketchy business practices. Yes, there is a real product that sometimes gets made and delivered, and maybe it even is what they claims it is. But the complete lack of accountability along the supply chain, the outsourced customer service line (one rep answered the phone "Flax Line-ins" - clearly not an employee of the actual company) that is clearly designed to keep people in limbo when they have a problem instead of actually trying to solve their problems, the total opacity of the way the company is run, and the apparent disregard for preserving their reputation by writing off anyone who has a bad experience with them, all suggests that this company is engaged in some underhanded business practices. I have already submitted the request to my bank to reverse the charges but I don't know if they are actually capable of taking back the money FlaxLinens already took from me. Sure, I'll probably get a refund from Mastercard, but FlaxLinens still got away with ripping off another customer, which frustrates me to no end. Don't be a sucker like me - avoid this company at all costs!
dyanp2
December 19th, 2018
I ordered 4 linen pillowcases in Oct 2018. Flaxlinens.com charged my credit card, but I never received them. After many emails and 2 phone calls leaving messages with the answering service (no customer service), the owner Yuliia responded via email claiming it was lost in the mail and would have another order sent. After never receiving this supposed 2nd shipment I left many emails and called 4 more times but never received a response Or a credit of $100.80. Yes, I am out by $100.80!

I agree with the "Do not order from them" review, as well as "the worst shopping experience". I do all of my ordering online with so many companies that will bend over backwards to ensure you are satisfied. Please do not order from this unethical company.

If "no star" rating was possible, that would have been my rating.
johnw1865
October 7th, 2019
my package arrived from europe 10 days from making my order. packaging was minimal but what was inside was perfect. The linen quality was comparable to coyouchi linens I had ordered previously but I calculated them to be almost half the price. I am impressed the value and quality of flax linens products and look fwd to doing more business with these folks. I ordered 5 Piece Chambray Set and replaced the top sheet with belgian linen mid grey

Tip for consumers: buy the sheet set as a bundle, what a great value

Natalie G. – Flax Linens Rep
Thank you so much for the love! We are here anytime you need any further assistance
sarahe166
November 26th, 2018
Flax Linens deserves a minus rating. It's not worth your time or money to do business with this "company." I ordered a duvet set on 9/12 with the understanding that it would arrive in 7-10 business days and was emailed that it was on the way. I never received a tracking number. When I tried tracking it on their website, I saw that it was delayed. By how long? No way of knowing. I called customer service and was told a "specialist" would call me back. I never received a call. I called numerous times to the same effect. I wanted the duvet set by a certain time and when it didn't come, I called again and asked that the order be cancelled. I was told that the cancellation would be received by a specialist. I think all of these calls were answered by an answering service, never an actual customer service person. Around October 8, I finally assumed I'd never receive the merchandise and called my credit card company to request a charge reversal. On October 22, I received the merchandise. Since I had needed something by a certain date and hadn't received it, I bought a duvet elsewhere. I read the Flax Linens return procedure on their website and sent an email saying I was returning it because it had arrived so late I'd had to purchase a replacement. I took the package in person to the return address because it happens to be in my city. Now Flax Linens has gotten the charge reinstated and I have to pay $244 for something I returned. They say they informed the credit card people about the return and that I should get a credit, but who knows if that'll happen? Shady, unresponsive and I didn't think the product was even well made. What a huge mistake buying from this website. I strongly advise buying from a legit company like West Elm instead.
stanleyh58
June 26th, 2019
Natalie was super helpful in aiding me in designing my custom bedding set. I reached out via the chat on the site and she responded to me within 10 seconds of asking a question. I was able to upload a photo of some images I found on Pinterest as well as my bedroom and she suggested a color combination made specifically for me. This is the type of personalized service that I would expect from a store retail experience but not online, Bravo to Natalie Ns Flax Linens
cristend
September 15th, 2019
I have ordered linen bedding from west elm, restoration hardware & pottery bar and I must say that flaxlinens has the best fabric and sewing quality. I just received my ruffled duvet set / european shams / ruffled bed skirt and they are so lovely and fit my bedroom perfectly. My order arrived within 12 days of ordering, looking fwd to ordering more items from this company. I wanted to write this review because I personally think these days people only tend to write reviews with there is a mistake but in this case when they did everything right, why not give them some love?
Natalie G. – Flax Linens Rep
thank you for the love Cristen! glad to see that your experience with us was a positive one
michelen33
February 24th, 2019
I do not normally purchase things online, I generally just go to the store, but at that is getting harder the older I get. but after calling the company and speaking to their customer service and they explained in detail about the fabric, washing instructions, matching colors, I want to thank the staff at flax linens (especially Natalie!) for helping me with my purchase.
sarahm397
July 9th, 2019
I think some of the reviews here are from competition trying to make this company look bad because I have bought linens on 3 separate occasions from them and have never had any issues reaching customer service they always respond to any questions between immediately and 12 hours from any of my emails. I just wanted to write this review to reassure everyone that flaxlinens.com is a fine and upstanding company
Natalie G. – Flax Linens Rep
Thank you for your loyalty and you kindness. We did learn that one of our competitors posted a bunch of reviews about our company and are trying to have sitejabber investigate and resolve the matter. We do truly care for our clients and the product we sell and do our best everyday to improve. Thank you again for the review

i contacted them through their online form and got an answer back within 4 hours

By Robert C.