ECG UK

ECG UK has a consumer rating of 1.33 stars from 75 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about ECG UK most frequently mention customer service, credit card and physical damage problems. ECG UK ranks 401st among Electronics sites.

No positive highlights yet

• They also wanted me to pay postage to send it to Hong Kong!
  • Terrible service throughout plus the lying customer service.
How would you rate ECG UK?

“Just Bought from eglobal central”

Darren T.
11/26/17

I saw lots of negative comments, but my friend had used them. I bought 2 smart watches and the service was excellent. I received regular emails. Initially explaining that tracking was not available, but a few days tracking was supplied. I was then able to track my parcel. They had several options for delivery, neighbour, change date, leave in safe place etc. Excellent service.

“Avoid avoid avoid”

Andy C.
4/2/20

Spent £700 on a lens, they quoted 5-8 working days for delivery, so far 23 days and nothing, not even proof of posting! They have ignored 4 emails over 4 days. I will be trying to get my money back from the credit card company. Buyer beware! Never again!

hong kong (12) customer service (15)
andyc252
April 2nd, 2020

anjuk6
December 12th, 2020

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! I ordered a iPhone 11 pro max for my son's birthday will within time to be able to get it with their super slow processing time. After 2 week I wrote asking when I was likely to receive it and I was told that the order was cancelled upon my reques?!?!? I never told them to cancel it and finally they came out and said that the product was out of stock so THEY cancelled I order.
This is a joke of a company - very unprofessional and full of cheaters.

matteog16
April 29th, 2020

I bought a Samsung smartphone last year and there was a problem with the gyroscope once received. I started a return but then the issue vanished before I sent the item back and I had to cancel the return due that if there is no issue on the returned item I would have had to pay £30 to get it back.
After 3 months the issue came back so I started a warranty return. They first say that it will take 4-6 weeks to repair but as of now they have added further 3 weeks to receive the item, send the item to their hubs, inspect the item. I am now in the 6th week of repair plus 3 weeks of 'receiving the item and checking' and I still don't know when I will receive the phone.
Next time I will rather spend 30£ more and buy it somewhere else than wait all of this time for a warranty repair.

brians275
February 4th, 2017

Well, eGlobal Central UK have vilified themselves. I had previously criticised the company over various matters. Mainly that emails were left unanswered and contact by any other form was impossible.
However, I did receive a response to two of my emails and although the purchase was not delivered within ten days, it WAS delivered on the ELEVENTH day. This information was emailed to me and no import duty had to be paid by me, the camera was UK specification, Brand New and unopened. Three pin UK plug for the charger and ALL instructions in English.
I am very happy with my purchase and especially with a saving of nearly £200 over any UK online store!
Thank you eGlobal.

floring6
May 21st, 2020

Worst shopping experience ever!

Ordered a mobile phone on the 9th of March 2020 by standard delivery, it is the 15th of April 2020 and haven't received it yet. E-mailed them 9 times for the past 3 weeks and they haven't even bothered to reply. Been given a Royal Mail tracking number but the shipping information hasn't been updated since the 18th of March 2020, it still says "Item is on its way to the RDC" (meaning " We are expecting it", post office says).
Rubbish customer service, the only way you could contact them being by e-mail.
I do not recommend eglobalcentraluk.com, obviously.

Update: On the 17th of April I received an e-mail from eGlobal saying they would open a case with the courier regarding my order and e-mail me back as soon as possible, then on the 28th of April was told that they were still tracing the courier.
It is the 21st of May 2020 and I am still waiting for the order to be delivered. Fortunately, I managed to make a charge-back claim with VISA on the 27th of April and I received a full refund the next day for now (even though the investigation process could take up to 8 weeks).
Also filed a complaint on consumer.org.hk (from Hong Kong) on the 24th of April. They e-mailed back on the 4th of May saying that they had also e-mailed eGlobal, trying to solve our dispute...

darrent17
November 26th, 2017

Excellent service.

luisar15
November 13th, 2019

Huge SCAM, avoid purchasing at eGlobal Central UK because they are not using the couriers they announce in their web page. Instead, they are using the Hermes courier that is so bad that loosed my package (as so did with many others, look at the reviews on internet). And they don't refund my money! They only give me 10 pounds of the 214.99 pounds I payed for my phone!

johnm1119
July 29th, 2017

Ordered goods not realising it was Hong Kong company. Business Hours over so i logged into my account. Then tried to cancel order which came up with a another login screen which said my account did not exist!

alext372
December 23rd, 2019

Do not order from them! I ordered a phone and there was no indication from their website that it wasn't in stock. They spent weeks getting it in stock. Every time I emailed them it was only 3 days away. Eventually I gave up and asked for a refund. They ignored this and sent the phone out 3 days later. Finally the phone arrived 31 days after I ordered it. I then lost £15.80 returning it to Hong Kong. It has to be back in 10 days! That's less time then it took them to send it to me in the first place. And they refuse to pay for postage even though I asked to cancel the order even before they sent the package.

viorelp1
December 22nd, 2020

SCAM. SCAM
769.39 £
They don't send my parcel or refund my money.
Order EWECUKB500012754
SCAM SCAM SCAM

chrisp696
December 2nd, 2019

The Nintendo switch I purchased from eGlobalCentral stopped charging and I sent it to them to repair under warranty. The extract below is my last message to them in a long chain of messages trying to get them to repair it. DO NOT USE. IF THERE IS A DEFECT, THEY WILL NOT FIX...
---
Hi,
So to summarise:

- I have sent the switch back due to what I see as a manufacturing defect as the charging port is no longer working / is damaged. This has happened through normal use of docking the switch into the charging doc and removing. There has been no misuse or foreign objects introduced as I have stated several times.
- You have said that you are unable to fix under warranty due to the fact that your engineers can see that the charging port it is physically damaged (one of the the metal contacts has become unstuck) and you have accused me of misuse and voiding the warranty (even though I have several times categorically emphasised that there has been no misuse).
- I have contacted Nintendo who say that they would fix this under warranty. You have said that because I purchased from you, I am not covered by the manufactures warranty. (the fact still stands they Nintendo WOULD cover this type of defect under warranty).
- You are unable to provide me with any indication or detail of how the physical damage may have occurred, but fail to accept that it must be due to a manufacturing defect and therefore SHOULD be covered under warranty.

Surely this is in violation of my consumer rights? I have asked you to contact me by phone to discuss and for you to get a manager to contact me. Neither of which you have done.

I seem to have no option but to take legal action and/or share my experience with the media / Nintendo. I would like to give you a final opportunity to fix the defect under warranty or provide me with a full refund. Please get back to me ASAP.

Thanks.

julianw32
November 29th, 2016

I ordered the tablet I wanted, about £50 cheaper than anywhere else. Was a bit worried by the negative reviews. It was delivered 6 days later (6 days not 6 working days. Received correct item, brand new, unopened, box in perfect condition and it's working fine so far. Think it was sourced from Hungary so the plug is not UK but an adaptor was provided if needed.

So I'm very pleased with my bargain and feeling relieved.

matteop10
March 30th, 2017

Terrible product and service: I ordered a mobile, it was listed as "in stock" but it took more than a month to arrive. When received the box was damaged and opened, there was a Chinese charger (with no certification), a dirty (the was an insect wing attached) uk adapter. The phone itself seems refurbished and not new: protective film poorly attached and stains everywhere. I would carefully avoid this seller in the future.

michelleg373
December 27th, 2018

Don't be fooled by 'UK' on their website, they are from China. Found out minutes after purchasing a Nintendo Switch. Tried to cancel the order immediately... impossible! The only way you can do it is by 'submitting a ticket' clicked on it plenty of times on my iPad, iPhone and laptop, no chance, nothing happened. They state you can't cancel via email or phone (don't bother, it doesn't exist). Found a marketing email, sent a message to cancel. A few days later they got that message, too late, item dispatched. It has arrived, it's a Chinese Nintendo?! Now got to return it and pay £15 admin charge and shipping fee, they are taking the mick.

robertol23
September 11th, 2017

I bought a digital camera (Olympus Stylus Tough TG-5) that had a malfunction. I tried to contact the customer services to activate the warranty. They answered that their warranty policy does not provide for this, without giving a reasonable reason for that.
I tried to ask for further information and they simply disappeared.
Prices are low, but if you need support or you have a problem with the item purchased the advantage turns down to a loss

Tip for consumers:
Do you need warranty?
Do not buy EGlobal.

rogero45
May 12th, 2019

I ordered an iPad which aririved late and either faulty or refurbished, so I asked for a refund and they said no!? Do not trust this company they are charlatans.

Update - after 3 months and 100 or so exchanges I took the iPad to Apple and they said it had been bought from Amazon 1 month before I purchased it! Complete con.

charlieb89
August 13th, 2017

I've purchased a Canon camera last week. I've received it in time and everything was perfect. It came from UK to Spain. I've paid extra 10 shipping.

andrewg281
July 14th, 2018

Bought a Sigma Art lens 18-35 mm 1.8 for Nikon and paid £419 when they are well over £600 in the UK High Street. I was twitching a little about possible customs and VAT at my end but it came through ok and was delivered within 5 days by Yodel who are a subsidiary of DHL. It was in a proper Sigma box with all the paperwork etc and is fine. OK Sigma wont touch it under their worldwide warranty not even for 12 months unless I produce evidence of import duty and VAT payment. However, if it goes wrong I will simply drop it in at a Sigma approved repairer and pay for any repair out of my own pocket. Sigma fixed price repairs are cheap compared to Nikon/Nikkor. If I had to pay for 3 repairs I would still be in pocket. VAT is a Euro tax that is why I welcome Brexi

saida10
August 4th, 2017

I bought a GoPro5 Black, i carefully read reviews on lots of sights and decided it was worth the risk. I dont need the camera for a month so wasnt planning on phoning support to track an item in the middle of the sea on a freight ship with millions of other items. Don't expect customer support when you save money. Pay less and be patient or pay more and get poor customer service potentially anyway. The camera is sensational and happy it is genuine. I have a Gopro Hero and this is a huge improvement. I would recommend eGlobal every day of the week. Took roughly a week to deliver but if it was 15-20 days i would still be recommending this company for the savings alone. Buy with confidence, just be patient.

rd147
December 24th, 2018

Ive had an awful experience with this company. The level of customer care is unacceptable.

The item has never been delivered and when raising the matter with the company they left it significant time between replying and then simply closed the case stating the delivery company told them it had been delivered which wasn't the case.

I am certain this company is not genuine and they are unethical in there practices. Basically taking payment and never sending the item.

peters378
December 9th, 2017

Lens ordered 18/11/17
Since then: 4 Emails from me asking for progress report.
From them: 2 automated responses promising a reply from customer services.
Involved PayPal: 2 more Emails from me From them: Nothing.
No Lens, no refund. So I escalated my claim.
They are still advertising the lens I ordered of course I wonder which lucky punter will win the lottery and actually receive it?
Before you use Global Central look at the1*/5* Ratio and only buy if you're feeling lucky.

kirak4
September 6th, 2017

Terrible customer service, horrible long time for process warranty case (negative), I am forced to them rules even they fail in the time and quality of process + they want to charge me fees 80 pounds if I want to recieve back the phone if not they will keep it. For eglobalcentral everything is ok when in fact screentouch doesn't work properly during charging the phone. Do not want to return money, fix the problem or propose a new device or anything else. Totally disappointed and do not recommend to anyone!

anthonym611
October 9th, 2019

I purchased an iPad mini 2019 at £287.84 from eGlobal Central and used their free shipping (on orders over £50). The iPad mini wasn't (actually) in stock and after several days of delay I eventually got an order dispatched email (with tracking link). After a couple of days, the shipment tracking then stopped at the My Hermes national sorting hub and after chasing eGlobal Central and My Hermes for weeks. Eventually My Hermes phoned me to apologies that they had lost my package and that they would compensate the eGlobal Central and I should go back to them.
After chasing eGlobal Central, they eventually came back and said "I regret to inform you that the package was not insured so the maximum refund that I could provide you with is 10GBP"
So, if you are looking to purchase an item over £50 from eGlobal Central. Then you are taking a big risk if you don't pay for the extra insurance, which is 3% of the order cost, so budget that into the price!
I was very fortunate that I made this purchase with a credit card, so could get my money back from them.
This will be the one and only time that I use eGlobal Central and all I can say is "Buyer Beware".

mauroc16
March 20th, 2017

Bad service when a product is physically damage due to poor quality.
My UP3 rubber band was ripped due to poor quality,
Jawbone admits the problem, but eGlobal wont exchange the UP3 for a new one.
They hold on to the fact that they do not give warranty when a product has physical damage.
Maybe thinking with the customer to come to a good solution is too much time, selling has priority one, customer satisfaction has no priority

yvonned31
April 3rd, 2018

Do NOT touch this company!
We ordered and paid for two new iPads from what we thought was a UK company.
The parcel arrived, the label stated 24 hour next day delivery and showed the weight as 1kg, which is exactly the weight of one boxed iPad. The label also said "1 of 1" (therefore confirming that only one was sent).
I emailed them on at least 4 occasions, but received no response, which left me no alternative but to open a case via PayPal. I informed PayPal that my husband was using, and happy with his iPad and we only wanted a refund for the missing iPad.
They obviously took ages to respond to PayPal, but eventually stated that they wanted the iPad back in its "original condition" before issuing a refund. They also wanted me to pay postage to send it to Hong Kong! I told PayPal we had never dealt with anyone from HK, and didn't see why we should be out of pocket paying for postage when it was their error all along. PayPal finally managed to get a UK return address, and also refunded me the postage.
After nearly 3 months, we finally received a refund from PayPal.
From reading other reviews, it seems I am not the only one to have had similar problems with them, so be warned!

Hi Arthur, Thank you for your interest with eGlobal Central! In order to use your coupon, please enter it in the coupon code box available at the checkout page on the right hand column. We ship from our warehouse in Hong Kong using secured and fast couriers so you will have peace of mind when shopping on our website. Kind regards, EGlobal Central

By Josha C.,