eGlobalCentral.co.uk reviews

Hong Kong
support@eglobalcentral.co.uk

alext372
12/23/19
Do not order from them! I ordered a phone and there was no indication from their website that it wasn't in stock. They spent weeks getting it in stock. Every time I emailed them it was only 3 days away. Eventually I gave up and asked for a refund. They ignored this and sent the phone out 3 days later. Finally the phone arrived 31 days after I ordered it. I then lost £15.80 returning it to Hong Kong. It has to be back in 10 days! That's less time then it took them to send it to me in the first place. And they refuse to pay for postage even though I asked to cancel the order even before they sent the package.
chrisp696
12/2/19
The Nintendo switch I purchased from eGlobalCentral stopped charging and I sent it to them to repair under warranty. The extract below is my last message to them in a long chain of messages trying to get them to repair it. DO NOT USE. IF THERE IS A DEFECT, THEY WILL NOT FIX ....
---
Hi,
So to summarise:

- I have sent the switch back due to what I see as a manufacturing defect as the charging port is no longer working / is damaged. This has happened through normal use of docking the switch into the charging doc and removing. There has been no misuse or foreign objects introduced as I have stated several times.
- You have said that you are unable to fix under warranty due to the fact that your engineers can see that the charging port it is physically damaged (one of the the metal contacts has become unstuck) and you have accused me of misuse and voiding the warranty (even though I have several times categorically emphasised that there has been no misuse).
- I have contacted Nintendo who say that they would fix this under warranty. You have said that because I purchased from you, I am not covered by the manufactures warranty. (the fact still stands they Nintendo WOULD cover this type of defect under warranty).
- You are unable to provide me with any indication or detail of how the physical damage may have occurred, but fail to accept that it must be due to a manufacturing defect and therefore SHOULD be covered under warranty.

Surely this is in violation of my consumer rights? I have asked you to contact me by phone to discuss and for you to get a manager to contact me. Neither of which you have done.

I seem to have no option but to take legal action and/or share my experience with the media / Nintendo. I would like to give you a final opportunity to fix the defect under warranty or provide me with a full refund. Please get back to me ASAP.

Thanks .
luisar15
11/13/19
Huge SCAM, avoid purchasing at eGlobal Central UK because they are not using the couriers they announce in their web page. Instead, they are using the Hermes courier that is so bad that loosed my package (as so did with many others, look at the reviews on internet). And they don't refund my money!!! They only give me 10 pounds of the 214.99 pounds I payed for my phone!!!
anthonym611
10/9/19
I purchased an iPad mini 2019 at £287.84 from eGlobal Central and used their free shipping (on orders over £50). The iPad mini wasn't (actually) in stock and after several days of delay I eventually got an order dispatched email (with tracking link). After a couple of days, the shipment tracking then stopped at the My Hermes national sorting hub and after chasing eGlobal Central and My Hermes for weeks. Eventually My Hermes phoned me to apologies that they had lost my package and that they would compensate the eGlobal Central and I should go back to them.
After chasing eGlobal Central, they eventually came back and said "I regret to inform you that the package was not insured so the maximum refund that I could provide you with is 10GBP"
So, if you are looking to purchase an item over £50 from eGlobal Central. Then you are taking a big risk if you don't pay for the extra insurance, which is 3% of the order cost, so budget that into the price!
I was very fortunate that I made this purchase with a credit card, so could get my money back from them.
This will be the one and only time that I use eGlobal Central and all I can say is "Buyer Beware".
rogero45
5/12/19
I ordered an iPad which aririved late and either faulty or refurbished, so I asked for a refund and they said no!? Do not trust this company they are charlatans.

Update - after 3 months and 100 or so exchanges I took the iPad to Apple and they said it had been bought from Amazon 1 month before I purchased it!! Complete con.
michelleg373
12/27/18
Don't be fooled by 'UK' on their website, they are from China. Found out minutes after purchasing a Nintendo Switch. Tried to cancel the order immediately...impossible! The only way you can do it is by 'submitting a ticket' clicked on it plenty of times on my iPad, iPhone and laptop, no chance, nothing happened. They state you can't cancel via email or phone (don't bother, it doesn't exist). Found a marketing email, sent a message to cancel. A few days later they got that message, too late, item dispatched. It has arrived, it's a Chinese Nintendo?! Now got to return it and pay £15 admin charge and shipping fee, they are taking the mick.
rd147
12/24/18
Ive had an awful experience with this company. The level of customer care is unacceptable.

The item has never been delivered and when raising the matter with the company they left it significant time between replying and then simply closed the case stating the delivery company told them it had been delivered which wasn't the case.

I am certain this company is not genuine and they are unethical in there practices. Basically taking payment and never sending the item.
adaml168
11/27/18
The 2 year warranty is useless, staff lie and manipulate to get out of the warranty they offer on all sales. My £280 sony headphones suffered from a widly known design issue where they cracked and then broke on the headband in less than a year from regular use and never being dropped. This is a known deisgn flaw reported widely online. I explained this to them many times sharing all the reports of the issue online and the staff kept repeating the same inaccurate thing that physical damage is not covered and telling me I dropped them when I didn't. they link to a warranty which doesn't even mention physical damage let alone physical faults, which is what this issue is about. I did not damage my headphones, the broke. They are liars and manipulative to try and avoid sticking to the warranty they offer.
matthewg240
11/23/18
Complete Fraud. Stay Away.

Product was never delivered to a large office in central London with 24hour reception. Waiting nearly 2 months for a refund "for product to be returned to warehouse".

Should have known better.
barryf56
11/7/18
Whatever bad reviews you read on the review pages are all true. Just remember that saying " If it is too good to be true, it probably is". I got caught out with a £100 pair of cordless headphones. Advertised in the UK for £65, I went ahead and purchased them without reading any review sites. They took 8 days to arrive, but I had already cancelled them. Received an email just after I sent the cancellation email stating that they were already dispatched. I returned them unopened and I paid the £17 postage back to Hong Kong. The refund took over 30 days and they deducted £16 for handling. I spoke to the actual manufacturers and they stated that they do NOT SUPPLY China or Hong Kong this type of headphones due to them being FAKED. BE WARE, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
peterc374
8/20/18
"Stay Away" is my only advice. I have sent back a defected mobile phone to them only after a week of receipt and asked for exchange or refund. They just gave an excuse that their technician has found out some physical damage on the phone (without any proof to show me) and said that the warranty was voided. If I want to get the phone back, I need to pay a further £30 for pick up and £50 for return (and the phone will stay as it is with no repair done). Do you people think this is an actual act of robbery?!!

If possible, please circulate this message to all your friends or potential buyers to alert them not to get any closer to this company (please note that this is not an UK company and it has its registered office in Hong Kong).
robertp699
7/16/18
Nobody contacted me. They can take the money but they do not give it back.Thieves and fraudsters I bought from them on 27.04 phone till today I did not receive a phone or refund and they do not reply to my e-mails. I do not recommend "E global" to anyone
andrewg281
7/14/18
Bought a Sigma Art lens 18-35 mm 1.8 for Nikon and paid £419 when they are well over £600 in the UK High Street. I was twitching a little about possible customs and VAT at my end but it came through ok and was delivered within 5 days by Yodel who are a subsidiary of DHL. It was in a proper Sigma box with all the paperwork etc and is fine. OK Sigma wont touch it under their worldwide warranty not even for 12 months unless I produce evidence of import duty and VAT payment. However, if it goes wrong I will simply drop it in at a Sigma approved repairer and pay for any repair out of my own pocket. Sigma fixed price repairs are cheap compared to Nikon/Nikkor. If I had to pay for 3 repairs I would still be in pocket. VAT is a Euro tax that is why I welcome Brexi
adamf97
5/8/18
I placed an order on 2018-04-27, 06:55 today is 08/05/2015 Still yet to receive my parcel which was due arrive 7-10 working days. I have sent two emails to global central support and sales email and yet to receive a response.

According to Eglobal central tracking info, the parcel is at DPD. Which is not the case as DPD tracking status says "We've received your order details, and we're expecting your parcel shortly" its been this status for the past 5 business working days.

My order was for an Apple iPad Pro (2017) 10.5" 64GB Wifi Tablet - Gold

I have attached evidence of screenshots via the following link: https:// drive.google.com /drive/folders/1wWMTZcYHY7JmPFZGSKHvnIanH-3c6v0E?usp=sharing

If I don't receive any contact or parcel by Thursday I will launch a PayPal case on 10/05/2018. I will update this review if anything changes.
yvonned31
4/3/18
Do NOT touch this company!
We ordered and paid for two new iPads from what we thought was a UK company.
The parcel arrived, the label stated 24 hour next day delivery and showed the weight as 1kg, which is exactly the weight of one boxed iPad. The label also said "1 of 1" (therefore confirming that only one was sent).
I emailed them on at least 4 occasions, but received no response, which left me no alternative but to open a case via PayPal. I informed PayPal that my husband was using, and happy with his iPad and we only wanted a refund for the missing iPad.
They obviously took ages to respond to PayPal, but eventually stated that they wanted the iPad back in its "original condition" before issuing a refund. They also wanted me to pay postage to send it to Hong Kong! I told PayPal we had never dealt with anyone from HK, and didn't see why we should be out of pocket paying for postage when it was their error all along. PayPal finally managed to get a UK return address, and also refunded me the postage.
After nearly 3 months, we finally received a refund from PayPal.
From reading other reviews, it seems I am not the only one to have had similar problems with them, so be warned!
alfredom37
3/8/18
EGLOBALCENTRAL UK SCAM REPORT

After 13 emails, and I followed all the instructions of eglobal central, and the mobile is protected by guarantee, I receive this message. The technician asks me my "personal" user and password of google, if not, I would have to pay 30 GBP to have my mobile back.

I WILL REFER THIS EVERYWHERE

MESSAGE FROM EGLOBAL CENTRAL UK
Dear Alfredo Maria,

As the device is still locked with Google, we are unable to proceed further.

We understand with your concerns of your personal data, please note that without them, we are unable to proceed further.

Otherwise, we are only able to have your phone returned, there will be an inspection & return fee of GBP 30 incurred.

Thank you.
flahf
12/9/17
I ordered phone with express delivery that was suppose to be 5days..But after 14 days no phone ..no contact ..just automated messages!!! But luckily i was able to get my money back through my credit card company.
peters378
12/9/17
Lens ordered 18/11/17
Since then: 4 Emails from me asking for progress report.
From them: 2 automated responses promising a reply from customer services.
Involved PayPal : 2 more Emails from me From them: Nothing.
No Lens, no refund. So I escalated my claim.
They are still advertising the lens I ordered of course I wonder which lucky punter will win the lottery and actually receive it?
Before you use Global Central look at the1*/5* Ratio and only buy if you're feeling lucky.
michaelr415
12/7/17
I ordered a Samsung j5 mobile last month. The phone arrived after a few days, However when I switched it on I noticed that about a third of the screen was black so no good. I contacted them by email and they asked for a photo to prove it. So I sent a photo and also asked for a refund. They said that I would have to return the phone to Hong Kong. That's when I discovered it was a Hong Kong based company. So much for eglobal central UK and a union jack flag on their website. I contacted paypal and they told me to return the phone with full tracking. I returned the phone and after four days got message from DHL to say that the item was delivered and signed for, I again contacted paypal and got full refund including £15 for return postage to Hong Kong. I did cost me £25 so in all only lost a tenner. I have since had a message from Eglobal saying that I had damaged the phone so their insurance would not cover it and offered to repair it costing me £120.00 plus £30.00 postage. Well I would not like to replete my reply to that.
johnh808
11/29/17
Be warned, this is a dreadful company to deal with. No telephone number for customer service. They do not answer e-mails (emails are the only way to contact them). I have now had to involve credit card company to dispute the order due to their total lack of response. Gave it one and they do not even deserve that.
darrent17
11/26/17
I saw lots of negative comments, but my friend had used them. I bought 2 smart watches and the service was excellent. I received regular emails. Initially explaining that tracking was not available, but a few days tracking was supplied. I was then able to track my parcel. They had several options for delivery, neighbour, change date, leave in safe place etc.
Excellent service.
malcolmc22
11/23/17
Ordered a camera then realised it would have no uk warranty so cancelled before the order was processed. Eglobalacknowledged the cancellation but sent the camera anyway. After numerous ignored e mails they replied and said I had to pay to return it. More ignored e mails and RMA tickets and they finally agreed to collect the camera. They have now had the camera 3 weeks and are ignoring my e mails and RMA tickets. Currently have the camera and £500 of my money. Credit card company sorting it out.
ronr84
11/14/17
Be Aware. I purchased a Asus phone from them in the amount of $516.00 on 2/2/17. The phones camera failed after 6 months and I was told to send it to them to get repaired. The phone has a one year warranty. I spent $80.00 to ship it to Hong Kong. The phone was received on 8/18/17. It is now 11/14/17 and I still do not have my phone. I keep getting excuses like they are still trying to fix it, they are doing final testing. Nothing but BS. THEY HAVE HAD MY PHONE FOR ALMOST 90 DAYS. I even went so far as to tell them to just give me a prorated buy out because Ive had to purchase another phone.
Please save you money and do not every purchase anything from this company. Its obvious they dont stand by their word or products.
jonesj8
11/6/17
Very Horrible Customer Care and Phone not working.Very Bad support after the sale. I purchased a oneplus3T phone from eGlobalCentral. I reported that there is issue with US network band and ALert button with this phone. they told me to send a video and ship the phone to them for repair which their service center is only in China and now they are telling there is no fault in the phone. Seriously eGlobalcentral.com is the site from US but service center is in China. Phone manufacturer says there is a problem in Phone but eGloalcentral says there is no problem since they do not do any debugging on the phone. I recommand people"DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM eGLOBALCENTRAL" site.
roberts682
10/16/17
I've purchased a BlackBerry Priv on 26th of August. The phone was sent via DPD on September 8th. Since two days later, there was no update after the parcel was in Netherlands.
DPD claims that they await eGlobal to raise an investigation and I cannot do anything about it.
Please notice that in 10 days it will be TWO MONTHS since I ordered the phone and yet I didn't receive neither phone nor refund.
Noteworthy is the fact that I paid extra to insure the parcel - seems I did it for nothing.
Please don't purchase through this company - IT'S SCAM! They should be penalized for such a behavior.

Hi Arthur, Thank you for your interest with eGlobal Central! In order to use your coupon, please enter it in the coupon code box available at the checkout page on the right hand column. We ship from our warehouse in Hong Kong using secured and fast couriers so you will have peace of mind when shopping on our website. Kind regards, eGlobal Central

By Josha C., eGlobalCentral.co.uk Representative

Questions? Get answers from the eGlobalCentral.co.uk staff and other customers.

1 Photo for eGlobalCentral.co.uk