Review of B&H Photo Video

consumervideo@bhphotovideo.com
2017 Customer choice award

yervandp
11/16/18

everything is excellent, but i wish to see more oftenly real good deals especially on cameras on studio lights and on lenses

robertm1287
11/15/18

Great service. Used "chat". Answered all my questions short and to the point. Made the purchase of the Sony FE 70-300 lens. Very happy.

jamesp720
11/14/18

Have been buying photo equipment from B&H for years. Quick turnaround, best selection, quality service.

barneyw11
11/14/18

These folks are the best. I buy 95% or more of all my gear from them. Their selection is massive and the prices are always competitive. They are always handy to answer any of my questions too. If I have a return - it's super easy to take of...Love these folks!

Thank you!

Barney Wood

seanw140
11/12/18

Absolutely love this company and we always order from here when I can - incredible service and they are great folks to work.

ruplanaikg
11/10/18

I have bought many things from B&H Photo and it has always been a very good experience. The one time the item was damaged, it was replaced promptly without any hassle. Their website is excellent and easy to find what I am looking for. They have enormous selections and their prices are very competitive. Even when I shop around the Internet, I end up ordering here since I have found them reliable, have good prices and the service is great.

mitchelle16
11/10/18

I have always had a good experience shopping and buying from B&H. As a photographer I rely on them to have what I need, when I need it and at a reasonable price. They have never disappointed me.

tonyc280
11/10/18

I've purchased a lot of my gear through B&H over the past ten years. Recently I purchased a light that clearly displayed the accessories included, but when I received the item, one of the accessories was missing. When I contacted B&H to see why, they said that it wasn't included and I should have read the fine print. The accessory was NOT grayed out in the featured images and was clearly shown as part of the purchase. The customer service person was not helpful in slightest and only said that he would bring it up to their Internet team. I checked back a week later and the image is still posted misleading new buyers. I feel that hey should have honored their mistake in visually misleading my decision to buy the item and at least sent me the missing part. They did not. If this keeps happening, I'm going to think about shopping elsewhere online.

Response from Henry P., Bhphoto Representative
Thank you for your order and this feedback. We regret your dissatisfaction. Please email your screenshot and the B&H order number to henryp[at]bhphoto.com TIA
nicholasd79
11/10/18

I always look to B&H for the best prices when I'm doing comparison shopping online. No complaints here they always take care of me

tomr311
11/10/18

B & H has always been a vendor that I can count on for selection and optimum high end products. They stand by there sales and work with you if and when issues occur.
They are a company that has integrity.

I will always consider them when I am about to purchase a high end computer part or high end SLR camera.

amberj92
11/9/18

I have been purchasing from B&H for years and have always had a great experience! Prices are comparable and even sometimes cheaper than Amazon. Customer service is great and shipping is quick!

kevinb626
11/8/18

B & H looks out for the part time professionals just as thorough as the full time professional. I enjoy doing business with them.

martinr137
11/8/18

Always an easy experience with B&H. Never have I had a problem and they always know what they are talking about.

aaronb241
11/8/18

You have to do your research about equipment, technology, application etc. yourself before buying at B&H! The sales people are not always 100% knowledgeable about what they sell. You have to find a customer-friendly specialist about what you want to buy which is difficult at peak times. Prices are not better than anywhere else, and you might not like the ethnic bias... If item is in store, checkout is easy. Shipment usually fast and reliable.

Response from Henry P., Bhphoto Representative
Thank you for your order and this feedback. We regret your dissatisfaction. We have multiple tech training sessions scheduled every day for store and telephone sales associates and endeavor at all times to ensure that every one is familiar with all the products in his or her department. We hope to have a usually knowledgeable, friendly staff. If you're ever dissatisfied a manager can quickly reassign you to a different sales associate. -- Henry Posner / B&H Photo-Video
alanh208
11/7/18

Always ships on time and has the best prices ANYWHERE! Always ships on time and has the best prices ANYWHERE!

jimc462
11/7/18

You always get what you are expecting. There may be cheaper but BH saves me time and I know I'm getting a fair price with excellent service.

carls206
11/7/18

Their website still has problems with iOS, but it's getting better. Prices are good, phone service is better than it ever has been in the past, and shipping and returns are quite good. I like that they stock much more than either of my local camera stores. I use B&H exclusively for big ticket' items.

jianlil1
11/6/18

Extremely quick and thoughtful experiences from technical to customer support in answering my questions.

pattyk34
11/6/18

Yes B& H Photo Video was a buck cheaper and Free Shipping!!! Easy shopping cart - what is there not to love!!!

jackp57
11/5/18

Working with one of their people for a home security system. Rep suggested
cameras, NVR, and switch to make system work together. Put up initial
system with 4 cameras, all worked well. Ordered the remaining 3
cameras, installed and tried to add to system. System responds that I
am missing licenses. Now I'm stuck spending hundreds more that I was
not told I would have to. Had the rep told me that I would have asked about other options. I found another NVR that would have worked for less money total. As the other NVR had the PoE
switch build in. What kind of customer service is this? I already
spent over $1100 now to find out that it'll cost hundreds more. So their so called experts either only care about making money for B&H, they don't know their products or don't care about customer service. Sent an email from their website to what I thought was customer service. the reply said sorry for the miscommunication. Failing to tell the customer pertinent information about the products is now a miscommunication. Tried again to customer service and no reply. As of now I will not buy from B&H again.

Response from Henry P., Bhphoto Representative
Thank you for your order and this feedback. We regret your dissatisfaction. Unfortunately from "Reported By: jack p" it is impossible to ID you or the transaction. If you'd like us to review the particulars, please contact henryp[at]bhphoto.com with the original B&H order number, -- Henry Posner / B&H Photo-Video
lonib3
11/3/18

B&H has the best deals on tough cable and other network related items. I wish shipping was a tiny bit quicker, but I can always count on them to have what I need and that it will be high quality and as advertised!

Tip for consumers: Plan ahead, prices are hard to beat and the quality is tops, but the shipping takes time. Takes about a week to get a couple of boxes of tough cable delivered.

davidm1669
11/2/18

Very highly recommended! I have traded with B&H for over 15 years and always can find the items I need in stock and at a great price. Staff are always willing to share expert knowledge!

julianj31
11/2/18

Talked with Jay Jay, have been a customer since 1980, originally bought 4 Canon F-1s. Still have them in storage.

rmc2
11/2/18

My experiences shopping both in the NYC store and on-line have been nothing but terrific..that's why continue to purchase items from B&H!

maungnen
11/2/18

I have been purchasing photography equipment & accessories from B&H for a year now, Very helpful & professional. Thank you B&H

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Robert: Email me - henryp[at]bhphoto.com - and include the original B&H order number if possible. Eddy: We have a 40+ year sterling reputation. We're owned by a New Yorker, not someone in any other country. We offer free shipping on thousands of items. Arvin: We have a 30-day no-questions-asked return policy on almost everything we sell. -- Henry Posner / B&H Photo-Video

By Henry P., Bhphoto Representative

ANy refurbished item we sell has been refurbished by the manufacturer or official US distributor, Nikon USA or Canon USA etc. Other used items are each rated on a numeric scale and we tend to be conservative so customers are not disappointed.

By Henry P., Bhphoto Representative

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/888625-REG/ Yes, we do. -- Henry Posner / B&H Photo-Video

By mike j.

You can email henryp[at]bhphoto.com and either I will address your question or forward it to whoever here is best suited to do so.. -- Henry Posner / B&H Photo-Video

By Henry P., Bhphoto Representative

When you put an item into a shopping cart on the B&H site. after you provide the destination our site will calculate shipping fees for any available shipping vendors so you can decide which to use before processing your purchase. ^hp

By Henry P., Bhphoto Representative

Used items are listed in a separate section of our site. All of these - bhpho.to/1TQamPr - are brand new.

By Henry P., Bhphoto Representative

Online we're at www.bandh.com. Our store is 420 9th Ave in Manhattan.

By Henry P., Bhphoto Representative

Unless the US government or a manufacturer has a restriction we ship almost ecveryting we sell to Australia.

By Henry P., Bhphoto Representative

Order cutoff times for all domestic orders shipping via UPS, FedEx Economy, or FedEx Priority: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm ET Friday: 11:00am ET or 12:00pm DST Domestic orders shipping via USPS, FedEx Saver, or Truck (non-rush), received before 7:00am ET will be shipped same day Order cutoff times for White Glove next day delivery (domestic): Monday - Thursday: 2:30pm ET Friday: 11:00am ET or 12:00pm DST International orders received before 7:00am local New York time will be shipped same day.

By Henry P., Bhphoto Representative
Questions? Get answers from the B&H Photo Video staff and other customers.

B&H Photo Video?