The Disney Store reviews

giftcards@disneystore.com
2018 Customer choice award

joh108
2/7/19

If I could leave 5 negative stars, I would. My process started with trying to redeem a Disney Reward card, which was rejected at the Disney Store (Nov). I called Disney's reward number (Dec) and was told that another card would be sent to me. I never received the new card. I called Disney again (Jan) and was told that my redemption card is now reactivated and can be used. I used it right away and made an online purchase consisting of 4 items. I received an email saying that the item was shipped with a tracking number. Two weeks pass by and the tracker continues to say that the items are pending shipment. I called the shop Disney customer service line, they apologized and reshipped the items. The tracker for these items said that they were shipped right away. I get an email saying that my redemption card no longer works and they charged my back up credit card. I get 3 out of the 4 items, but was charged for all 4. The three items were all crushed on delivery and there is no way I can give them as gifts. I called shop Disney (Feb) to complain about the charges, the missing item and the state of the items on delivery. They said the charges were not their fault and I need to call my backup credit card! The best they could do for me is for me to return my 3 items back to them and they will refund my charge. They can not give me a new redemption card (I had already cut up the one used), so that money is now gone.
This process was a NIGHTMARE!!! I am so fed up that I will never shop at Disney again! I love the theme parks and Disney in general, but this redemption process and the whole shopping at Disney experience has left a blemish that can't be easily forgotten!

ashleyr236
12/19/18

I received and order a month ago. Two of the items were too large. So I followed the 4 steps on the packing slip my order came with. 1. pack the items you want to send back using the original packaging if possible. 2. include the packing form with your items. 3. affix the return shipping label and seal the package. 4. ship your package

I did all that!!!!! well it's over 3 weeks later and they haven't received it. I have chatted with about 5 different people, emailed about 10 different people. finally was told i needed a tracking number for the return. how do i get one of those i asked? when you paid for postage they should have given me a tracking number. NO WHERE ON THE PACKING SLIP DOES IT SAY PAY FOR POSTAGE. i assumed the "affix the return shipping label" meant the return was prepaid. why would i PAY for a return???? if i had known i was supposed to pay for postage i never would have returned it via mail!!!!! i'm so upset!

bobb669
12/19/18

Ordered a small necklace for christmas present on 12/12 and by 12/19 not even a shipping or process update. checked with customer service and they said it was in processing but had not ship date etc. essentially the same information I had the day I ordered it. I asked to cancel the order as it was clearly not going to make it for Christmas. CS person was very nice telling me to bad nothing I can do. I can see ship date, I can't cancel order as my system is not connected blah blah blah. I said what is that you do then but got no answer. So know I have to wait till when every and ship it back as a return. Can't wait to see how that goes. Never thought after all my great experience with Disney that there on line store sucks that bad. Stay with Amazon or Walmart. Disney stinks.

terencef7
11/19/18

A completely unprofessional fulfilment operation. Ordered matching t shirts for a premium over regular retailers. The items never came even after two weeks. Tracking number shows that label created and no other tracking numbers. Avoid ordering from Disney online. They are 100% clueless as to how you fulfil an online order. Buyer beware.

zavas
10/30/18

In August we went to Disney and continued to experience issue after issue with the antiquated google App for Fast Pass etc. I should have trusted my gut and continued to stay away from any/all official Disney online stores/products.

Halloween accessories ordered at the beginning of the month for our daughter, no tracking, no updates...nothing.

Order from China at half the price, it will get here quicker.

sm306
10/17/18

I pre ordered a blu ray disk of Solo a Star Wars story. 3 days later I got N email that my order shipped. When I tracked the item I got a notice from ups that an order for my label had been created and when they received the merchandise they would ship it. I called shop Disney a few days later as I still had not received it. They told me it would take a while from a third party vendor and they couldn't ship out a replacement until three weeks had passed. At the three week point I called to tell them to let them know I didn't receive it. They said it was out of their control,as it came from a third party vendor. I had to insist on being put through to a supervisor who said that they could send me a replacement and rush it. It would be about 1 and a half week because it came from one of their "trusted " third party shippers. I asked if it was the same third party shipper that never sent the first order. Since it was and this movie was available everywhere now. I asked to have my money refunded . I used a disney gift card and a credit card for the tax and shipping. I asked that the refund could be used at Disney store . They refunded me with a digital gift card that can only be used on their site. I asked for this not to be the case as I plan on NEVER buying fro their site again. by the way I then ordered it from Walmart.com and got it in 3 days with free shipping and saved $8 as well. I hope people read this before buying anything at shop disney.

ashleyb356
10/14/18

After reading all of the other negative reviews on here I can only come to the conclusion that the Disney store is either horribly managed or in fact a scam. I had a similar horrible experience with them. They had a deal going on where you could buy one medium plush get one 50% off which seemed like a good deal to me. So I place order and get a shipping confirmation a day later. Then fast forward a week and a half I realize the products (2 stitch medium plush) haven't shipped, only a label was created. I email the stores guest services and they reply back saying so sorry we will place another order for you. Cool I get a confirmation email again and this time there is an actual package on its way (still have not received so not counting my chickens yet) but they are only sending one plush even though I originally ordered and paid for two. Emailed guest services again and am still awaiting a reply. This online store is almost criminally incompetent, I can't believe disney as a whole would allow such sub par service to continue.

mrsd24
8/23/18

Every single month, many people order the Mickey Mouse monthly memories plush, mug, and pin set. And every single month too many of these people who order it within seconds of it being released online receive a cancellation order within two to three days. How is it possible for us to place an order, receive a confirmation email, and then received a cancellation order within a couple of days indicating that when we placed the order the item was not available? This is ludicrous. And the service? Horrific! I've called 3 times to ask to speak with a supervisor and been told they'll call me back but they NEVER do! Walt Disney is probably FUMING over this and NEVER would've allowed this when he was alive. This is only the beginning of what I've experienced with Disney. Condescending answers followed by "have a magical day" does not remove the responsibility they have to sell fairly and responsibly. Try going to a mall on release day. Wonder why there are already people in line before the mall does open and you've been waiting outside for 3 hours? THEY'RE EMPLOYEES! Thanks for the honest businesses practices!

lisaa336
8/2/18

I ordered an item and made a request that it be in one of the two colors available. I was told they can't take requests, ok fine. She then said that if the wrong color arrived, then they would be more than happy to work on an exchange with me. Well, surprise surprise the wrong color came so I called immediately as this is a birthday present for my son and was told I could exchange the product at my own expense, but there still wouldn't be any guarantee that I would get the right one on a second attempt. I emailed guest services directly and explained the situation and why it was so important that I receive the right one. I was told to exchange it or buy it in a store to get the right one. Geez, you don't think I tried that??! It's not in the stores. She then emailed me back telling me how simple it is to exchange/return items...nothing more. Disney claims to go above and beyond but this corporation is a joke.

geraldl83
7/30/18

So I bought a few items for my sister on the Disney store and it didn't ship, I contacted them multiple times, and had to call them to get a straight answer, over a week later I get told my items have finally shipped, a few hours later I get told one item that I purchased was no longer available and would not be included in my order. I called them and they told me the collectors item I had purchased over a week ago had sold out so they couldn't ship it to me, they offered me $10 in store credit.

Ridiculous way to treat customers, especially from a company the size of Disney!

kamd4
7/27/18

I recently purchased a customized Jackson Storm T shirt for my son, naturally thinking this will be awesome because it's from Disney. However, upon receiving it I saw it was from Zazzle, and the quality is awful. The design was blurry with a white background (which there was not in the product image), and the shirt was rough and smelling of chemical, unlike the actual shirts they have in stock at the Disney store. Well, if I had looked closely when I purchased this I would've seen it was made by Zazzle (if I used a magnifying glass). pffft. Never in a million years would I have thought Disney would allow unlicensed Disney products, AND to sell them on their site at Disney prices!!!!!!
Anyway, I spoke to customer service, they couldn't refund me because it was customized, but, they said they would send me a $15 coupon.

natashaw41
6/26/18

Ordering is easy. After that, radio silence from Disney. No shipping info for 10 days. Called them 3 times but they basically can't do anything. Got tracking number but no scheduled delivery date after 2nd call. Only got an email about delay in shipment as items were out of stock after 3rd call. And I still haven't gotten my items 11 days after placing my order. Worst online order ever ever ever.

annae55
4/2/18

People who developed this site know how to keep you in. Even though you know this you still cannot resist of not buying something. And also quality of products really good

stephens204
3/8/18

The Disneystore online has ruined Disney for me.
I put in an order about 3 weeks ago for a bunch of items that all together were about $300. In those items I was supposed to receive two sets of blue ceramic dinner plates.
When the order finally comes I dont have two sets. Instead I have two individually wrapped single plates. This was mistake number 1.
I reach out by email giving copies of the receipts, a page from my online account saying they got my full amount of money etc, and Disney apologizes and tell me they will mail the two sets to me.
The very next day I get a shipping confirmation that only 1 set of plates is being mailed to me. I thought wow, they screwed up a second time. So I let them know that hey you mailed off a set of place but I was owed two sets not just one.
Once again its the we are so sorry, we will fix it, have a magical day. Well 5 days pass and I never get a shipping confirmation for the second set of plates which is the third time they screwed up at this point.
At this point I am fuming as these plates were meant to be a gift as part of set and now its way passed when they should have originally arrived. Technically based on federal law they have to alert me when there is a delay in shipping but that never happened.
After mailing off a fiery email. I literally wait hours in the middle of a week day for a response. I receive two emails back to back. One email is that the second set of plates has finally mailed. The next email tell me that I should call their 1-800 number at my earliest convenience. I thought wow, they want to personally apologize and try to make it right. Finally I will see that Disney difference they always talk about.
Well I was wrong. After waiting on hold to talk to somebody, I am told that they had no idea as to why I got the number to call and that everything should now be fine with the order. I was left momentarily speechless. Did these idiots now have me call a number and waste even more time after 3 emails for no reason whatsoever? Yes yes indeed. Mistake number 4 just happened.
After 4 mistakes and really wasting my time, I am sent an email telling me that I need to print a shipping label, that I need to repack the two individual plates that I first received for shipping, that I need to put them in a sealed box, and that I need to send them to a UPS pick up location. WHEN IT WAS DISNEY WHO KEPT SCREWING UP!
I have never heard Disney say we are sorry so many times. It means nothing because they did nothing to make it right. Instead I had to keep wasting time with them and fight to get what I paid for. Now I have to print on my paper their return label, use my packing supplies to send the plates back, use my gas to get them to the UPS store and my time which is most precious to me. Because they keep making mistakes. The stupidity of having me mail plates back that now have cost more in shipping than they cost to make is beyond me. That to me is mistake number 5.
Let me PLEASE, stop you from doing business with the Disney store. They dont care about order accuracy, making the customer happy, and expense to customers for their screw ups, or responding to emails with more than magical we are sorry one liners.
I am at this point debating if I should report them to the California state attorney general for how this all went down so they can have their business investigated because I am guessing a lot of people get scammed out of merchandise that they pay for.

Just look at the reviews on line of only 1 to 2 stars. Nobody is happy with them. This sort of Mickey Mouse crap has been happening for year and they dont care. I have spent thousands on DISNEY products from the Disney store over the years but I wont spend another dime. I am going to post this message to everybody on all the rating sites, to the BBB, on my Facebook for 2000 friends to see, everywhere. The only time Disney cares is when their pocket book is hit. Had this of been Amazon it never would have gotten to this point.

If you like me have been wronged by Disney please visit the following link and launch a formal complaint.

michelem109
2/15/18

Ordered 100.00 worth of merchandise less than 24 hours and 25% off
Called was told too bad I understand if a week or 10 days had passed but less than 24 hours come on Disney

ilonap3
1/23/18

Hello,

I would like to ask what happened with my order nr. 20171118233344?
Until now I have not received anything. The order is from 19.11.2017 !!! and it's paid.

I have not received the package until today. Please cancel my order and I would kindly ask you to send me back my payment.

Tip for consumers: great disgrace

kellyb239
1/11/18

I ordered a coat for my grandson which didn't arrive before we left for our Disney World vacation. We saw the coat in stores there. We didn't buy it because it would be waiting for him when we returned. I hadn't heard from Disneystore,com aside from the initial "Thank you for your order" email. We got back home and there was no coat. I checked my email again and received nothing indicating an issue with the order. I finally called, 20 days after I placed my order, to learn that the coat is out of stock. It was in stock on the web site when I ordered it. I also learned that they were aware of the situation and never sent me a follow-up email letting me know about the issue. I get it that things get sold out. But their inventory system should align with availability on their web site. And where was the communication? If I had known when they knew that the item was no longer in stock I could have bought it in person. Aside from their web site being difficult to use, this not so small blip doesn't align at all with the rest of the Disney brand and will stop me from shopping on their site in the future.

heatherg86
1/4/18

I ordered Christmas presents for my 5 year old online from the Disney store, the website said guaranteed delivery before Christmas. I got 2 different tracking numbers since my items shipped out of different states. That would have been fine except neither package actually shipped for 2-3 days after I got the tracking info which lead to my items being delivered AFTER Christmas! I called customer service where I was told they would give me a $10 credit towards a future purchase.. apparently $10 off (which is basically their shipping charge) is equivalent to a 5 year old not having her Christmas presents under the tree on Christmas morning. I decided to email the corporate office about my experience, a week later they called me and basically told me the same thing, they would give me a credit for a future purchase.... the craziest part of this, is that this also happened to me about 5 years ago from the Disney store and I didnt order from them again until this year where it happened AGAIN!! I will NEVERRRR give them my business again and I hope everyone else has plentyyyy of time to wait for their overpriced items because shipping is definitely not their priority.

ericac49
12/24/17

I purchased an item online using my debit card. At no time was I made aware that my account would incur an additonal authorization charge of equal value, not even in the confirmation email I received. It was not until I checked my account and found that I had gone into overdraft and was charged $36, did I discover why. I contacted customer service and was made to feel as if it was my own fault that I did not have the funds to cover the total of the purchase AND the authorization fee. I guess since I don't have as many zeros in my account as Disney, I was looked down on. It would make more sense to me that consumers be notified PRIOR to the final purchase of this policy, not instructed to look at the fine print hidden within the website after the fact. It seems like it would be super easy to make this disclosure known via a pop-up or something during the purchase process, especially given the number of negative reviews I see here related to this same issue. Why purposefully continue to deceive buyers? I will not ever be purchasing from them again and am hopeful that this review helps someone else.

pp75
12/23/17

I ordered around Thanksgiving hoping the gift would deliver to an APO address by Christmas. The week of Christmas I learned Disney neglected to tell me they ran out of the Elsa shoes and cancelled my order. Had I known back in November, I would have had time to buy from another store. How do we tell our 4 year old granddaughter she's not getting the "magic shoes" she asked for? We are SO disappointed with The Disney Store! Really doubt we'll bother shopping there again...

marcusl35
12/23/17

I ordered two pieces of jewelry on 12/14/2017 after seeing banners all over the place saying that if I ordered soon I could have the items by Christmas. All through the order process - no detailed estimates of arrival dates. The only thing I get is an order confirmation saying i chose standard shipping, expected to be 5-6 business days - which should be enough to get before Christmas, right?

Nope. I get an email that my item shipped on 12/22/2017 after radio silence. Then I check the UPS delivery time frame and it says that I can expect to receive it on 12/29/2017... let me just mention that I was charged $38 for shipping as well and that the person I intended to buy the presents for leaves the country for a month and a half the day before. So I can't even give it to them as a late Christmas present.

So I call shopdisney.com's customer service to find out what's going on and then they tell me that the "shipping by Christmas" banners that were prevalent throughout the site only applied to a few select items. Additionally, in the tiny fine print, the items I ordered were indicated as being from an outside vendor, with an additional 2 weeks of processing time and that I would have had to order by 12/5/2017 in order to receive the items by Christmas.

So I ask if I can speak to someone to leave feedback on the website and customer service rep effectively tells me she can't help me while re-iterating this information is on the website.

So in the tiny chance anyone does read this that does manage shopdisney site design or marketing...

1) This is 2017. Many other large online shopping sites give you real time delivery estimates right before you place your order and in the order summary email - not tiny disclaimers below products, especially when your website is crowded with advertisements for other products and much larger flashing "SHIPPING BY CHRISTMAS" banners. A reminder/warning would have been helpful so that I could have had a contingency plan.

2) If your vendors take 1-2 weeks to ship, you should create a pop up warning, not bury it in tiny text. Especially with something ridiculous like "order by 12/5" to get delivery by Christmas on items that seem like every other pre-made/manufactured item you sell. I wasn't ordering custom made or expensive items here. My family does a ton of online shopping and your competitors deliver stuff to my door step two days after I order it.

To the people running shopdisney customer service - I wasn't looking for a refund or a discount. I simply wanted to provide feedback on a poor christmas shopping experience. You couldn't even do that?

johnb1023
12/20/17

I ordered 2 giftcards ($100) each on 12/15 for Christmas gifts. Rec'd an email on 12/17 that during the order process, one of the gift cards was processed and the other cancelled. I will need to reorder the other gift card. I authorized a payment on 12/15 for $200...they will issue a refund of $100 within 14 days. So they want me to wait 14 days for my money and I need to place a separate order to get the other $100 gift card. Customer service is a joke. I don't want a refund...I want 2 TWO gift cards ($100 each) delivered to my house for Christmas. I don't want 1 and then order another. I've been promised a supervisor would call me and have yet to receive that. Christmas is in just a few days and all I want is a flipping gift card that I paid for delivered. No shipping confirmation can be provided...DO NOT...I REPEAT...DO NOT ORDER FROM DISNEY.COM!!!!!!!!!

ronb134
12/15/17

My order number is 1437189302

I authorized for the purchase on line for $25.08 with my debit card.
Disney took it out from my account on the 12th of December.

December 14 Disney took out another 25.21 for the same order (mind you I did not authorize this amount only for 25.08)

So they took out $50.29 and was told by Disney this is a normal procedure because the 25.08 is on hold for so many days. because of this it cause my account to be overdrawn , I would have $9 and some odd change after the authorized 25.08.
Now my bank charged me 36.00 for the overdrawn. so now My account is over drawn $56.

I have talked to Shay but all he wants to do is argue like its my problem. I asked for the supervisor and he refuse to do so.

Disney stole money out of my account and cause it to be overdrawn. Disney is thieving customer monies from their accounts

Shame on you as now I will do every thing in my power to tell the world.... Disney is not honest as they say! They are thieves

danielo74
12/15/17

Used this service have no faith in their customer care emailed after no dispatch email received they advised me to wait a couple of days. Waited no delivery or dispatch emailed them again to be told it hasn't been dispatched. Unsure why I was waiting a couple of days for something to arrive that had not been dispatched they should have known this. Was advised they would dispatch and send me an email again the days passed no dispatch email. emailed them again to which they assured me I would have my order in time for a birthday. Day before the birthday still no delivery so now I am attempting to cancel my order. Strongly advise do not order from Disneys on-line store they are useless

lynettet5
12/11/17

Worst service possible. I ordered on November 24th with Disney policy stating it would be delivered 6-8 business days after purchase. It is Dec. 11th with no ship date and customer service has no idea when my items will be shipped. They assure me nothing in on backorder. They also state everything will arrive by Christmas day...reallly????? If you go online, disney.com is offering free shipment today. HOW CAN THEY OFFER THIS WHEN CUSTOMER SERVICE tells me they are swamped and can not get out purchases made weeks ago? Plus, customer service stated I could not cancel my order because it is in distribution?/??? What happened to the Disney service? POOOOR Service... NEVER will I EVER purchase from DISNEY again.

89 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

My advice is to NOT do business with Disney.com. I tried to cancel my order after a few days and they refused to cancel. This order showed up FIVE WEEKS after I ordered it.

By SUSAN D.

yes, be worried, nervous and scared that the product will not get there. Par for the course for anything Disney online. My belief is that this shop is 100% run offshore and Disney has no clue (and doesn't want to know) how horrible this shop is being ran

By Zava S.

Questions? Get answers from the The Disney Store staff and other customers.

1 Photo for The Disney Store