Bulk Apothecary

Bulk Apothecary has a consumer rating of 1.92 stars from 210 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Bulk Apothecary most frequently mention customer service, hand sanitizer and essential oil problems. Bulk Apothecary ranks 31st among Aromatherapy sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 18.5%

No positive highlights yet

• No customer service and what is even more ridiculous is that they are STILL selling it!
How would you rate Bulk Apothecary?

“Not scammed. Order finally received.”

Joanne O.
3/13/20

Update: I DID finally receive my shipment. Apparently they are overwhelmed and just cut-off communication. Sorry for the bad review. These are just terrible times. I ordered bulk hand sanitizer for business at a whopping $50 per gallon. Email states shipped, but tracking does not work. Neither does their phone. Scam?

“Worst company to deal with”

Laura b.
12/2/20

In this age of technology and ecommerce, the family owners go and boast about expansion but reality is they suck at what they do. Best example if somebody wants to study "Direct To Consumer Failure". Customer service is horrible. Reps on phone say that ownership/supervisor doesn't have time to entertain customers on call or listen to them. Who tells a customer that company leaders don't have time to talk to customers in this age?

customer service (49)
laurab2014
December 2nd, 2020
stephaniej207
March 16th, 2020
Ordered hand sanitizer that they claimed they had on hand, slightly longer shipping times.
Bulk Apothecary sold all their hand sanitizer to big retail companies by the barrel to make the big money on this pandemic while screwing the people that had already ordered smaller quantities. The BS on their sight about big retail coming in and scooping it all up to be sold at higher rates unapproved by Bulk Apothecary is just that, a 40' container full of barrel BS! Says my item shipped 2 days ago. Another lie from Bulk Apothecary. Label created and nothing more for 2 days.
This company is acting irresponsibly with my money ($78), endangering lives, and taking advantage of a pandemic to make big money by screwing the individuals. Shame on them for their practices and their lies.
herschelb20
April 11th, 2020
Bulk Apothecary has no customer service. I purchased $15,000 of product on March 19 with an estimated delivery of ten days. They ran my card and still have not shipped the product. They do not answer their phones or reply to e-mail. I would not recommend use this company. I will not even give them one star. They should shut their doors and be investigated by the government.
joed583
January 11th, 2020
They claim to treat customers the way they would want to be treated, yet I cannot return anything I've used only once. Satisfaction not guaranteed, since I can't tell if I like it or not unless I open it. Once it's opened, it's yours. Their prices are low for a reason; their product is much weaker than the top of the line brands. Going back to those other brands, never doing business here again. Total waste of my money. Thanks a lot Bulk Hypocrites!
joanneo54
March 13th, 2020

fuatinop
June 28th, 2020
I placed my order a week ago for a 50 pack of clear jars and lids, it came before the time estimated which is surprising because I live in Los Angeles and Bulk Apothecary is based in Ohio. The jars and lids are good quality, even the packaging was eye appealing. I can honestly say these were the cheapest I found and definitely worth it, I recommended my friends as well to Bulk Apothecary.
jeank167
May 5th, 2020
I placed a small order. After several weeks, order arrived but was missing an item. I contacted using the only email / phone number I could locate. Sent 4 emails - received one response that they will look into my missing order item. 2 weeks later, still no resolution and no further contact. Will never order from again. Beware - do not purchase from this company.
rickm480
April 7th, 2020
When I ordered hand sanitizer the deal was it would ship within 10 days. Over 2 weeks later, no shipment to me. Not even a tracking number awaiting shipment delivery to the shipping company. Called their customer service number, recording said send them an email. I sent the e-mail with no response from seller. Their are a lot of thieves now days. Are these folks thieves or just grossly incompetent?
christopherg556
April 28th, 2020
Shipping time took a few days shy of a month, but I completely understand due to the unprecedented times. However, the liquid hand santizer, "Germ Attack", is one of the worst odors I have ever smelled. It smells like tequila vomit with a hint of fermented vegetables & milk. I feel like I wasted $100.00, because it is not usable as is, and gives my family members and I a nauseating feeling with slight headache. I am disappointed with the product, but not Bulk Apothecary.
johnw2760
May 10th, 2020
Ordered on April 10 received order May 8
Ok product if you don't mind waiting a month or so to get it
karenl1821
April 23rd, 2020
Ordered a gallon of sanitizer on March 20 because they said it was available and would arrive by March 28. No sanitizer arrived and upon checking on my order I noticed they added a banner to their site stating there is now a 2 week wait time. I ordered almost 5 weeks ago and my order still states AWAITING SHIPMENT. They do not answer their phone. Email ignored. 60.00 for nothing! Its only ethyl alcohol and aloe so 60.00 is outrageous a already but for nothing?! Close up or Refund
andrewm939
Andrew M.
May 2nd, 2020
The lead time for shipping products was advertised as two weeks. I emailed to cancel my order almost 5 weeks later after no word of shipment. 3 or so days after emailing my wishes to cancel my order, I get an email that my product finally shipped followed by an email that they can "no longer cancel the order because the items have shipped." I would never recommend anyone to Bulk Apothecary.
angelr164
April 17th, 2020
Terrible customer service they are quick to take money but probably use a donkey to move freight. Don't buy from this junk company

Tip for consumers:
Unless you plan on waiting for over a month to receive your product use this junk of a company but my advice skip this company

Products used:
Over 3 weeks and they have yet to ship my product

tamh9
April 1st, 2020
I ordered 3/10 and both gallons arrived today 3/31. In a time of crisis like this, I applaud all the work this company has done to fulfill orders. Especially at times like this - how everyone expects 2 day shipping etc is beyond me. I waited and it has been received. All of my stores have been out for cover a month and are still out - so thank you for still having access when no one else can provide!

Tip for consumers:
Please please please review their Facebook posts as to shipping. They are working day and night to get thousands of orders out

Products used:
2 gallons of hand sanitizer

joelr164
May 3rd, 2020
I ordered 1 gallon of gel for $70, I know it's high priced, anyway it came a month later and excited to finally receive it. Opened and put some on my hands. I was omg this sticks like vomit. Couldn't get the smell washed off. I looked back online where I purchased. It says no refunds. What a waste of money. It stinks bad not sure how it works but I know if I used it I'm certain people wouldn't come around me. There is your social distancing!
weldonp16
May 6th, 2020
I purchased a product on 3/16/20. They charged my card and still no product. They stated that my product had been shipped and gave me a tracking No. UPS says they never got it from Bulk Apothecary. They are not answering the phone or answer my emails. Tried the website and it appears to be down. Total CROOKS
suer382
April 14th, 2020
Ordered 7200 caps March 19. After inquiring what was going on replied 2 weeks later that sanitizer orders have them running behind and it would be first or second week of April we would get caps. More unanswered emails begging for shipment or I will pick up because we need to get our sanitizer out to community. Told me today they have no caps and they are on back order and have no idea when they will get any in. You literally can still place an order for them still! No out of stock warning no back order warning. Took my money and lied for a month! I have 7200 containers ready and labeled for nothing. Cost me a ton of money. It is illegal to sell a product you do not have let alone say 10-12 days processing then oh it will be there 1-2 weeks, when you don't even have it!
jamesf1777
August 14th, 2020
My 1st order was 4 gals in march... just reordering 16 gals... im long haul truck driver... essential worker... gel & spray been keeping me & family safe... takes a little time to receive... but worth the wait... dont have to travel all over town looking... UPS bring to front door... LIFE SAVER... i forgot to add coupon for 15% off... called next morning... they gave me discount & refund on PAYPAL instantly... NO COMPLAINTS
kiml456
May 15th, 2020
I have a small business and made some bulk orders with this company. They sent me a bulk order of hand sanitizer that was horrible. It STANK so bad it was unusable! I tried to call the company which refused refused to accept phone calls. I tried to give a bad review online and they blocked any negative reviews. Then, they continued charging my credit card and sending me product I didn't order. They refused a refund and tried to replace the product with something better. I will NEVER order from this company again!
elizabethc761
April 9th, 2020
On 3/22/20 I ordered large bottle of hand sanitizer costing approx $60+. Bulk Apothecary "guaranteed" delivery by April 3rd. They debited my account of the money immediately. Today, April 9th, I'm still waiting. Their website states they are 2 weeks behind on orders. No one is answering the phone. An email inquiry gets a form reply, essentially saying nothing. This is terrible service. DON'T DO BUSINESS WTH THEM! I've lost trust in them and no idea if I'll see my order or a refund if I request it.
markp1130
July 28th, 2020
Paid these clowns $2K for goods 7 weeks ago, asked for a refund 4 weeks ago after they bull$#*!ted me and said they were just filling it. No refund, opened a dispute at Paypal and these $#*!s didn't even reply.

Bottom line is Bulk Apothecary is a scam, they have nothing in stock and use your money to purchase stock... PONZI scam inventory system is what they are running. AVOID these losers like the plague!

Tip for consumers:
Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere, the $#*! reviews you see are very accurate and this company should not be in business!

dm585
May 1st, 2020
Worst customer service ever. No refund or return of purchase, took over 35 days for delivery. Extremely disappointed with this purchase. I understand we are in difficult times but for a company that prides itself on quick delivery, my order of hand sanitizer which was said to be in stock, took over 35 days to receive in addition to pay $17.00 for shipping. During this whole time, I was unable to call or e mail in an attempt cancel this order as customer service phone number was not taking calls and e mail address provided was not valid.
angelg122
May 29th, 2020
I ordered from them because they said they had it in stock, it took over 6 weeks to receive the two gallons ordered!
If you dont have product in stock, then dont sell it.
Also to add to the bad experience, the product smells horrible!
What a waste of time and money!
Just wanted to let people know!
Tried to find a google page to do review, surprisingly not found!
kriss275
April 23rd, 2020
I placed an order 5 weeks ago for almost $55.00. The website said there would be a 10 day delay in shipping due to Increased sales. I was okay with that! Now, the website says there will be at least a 2 week delay in shipping. That's acceptable to me as well. Unfortunately it's been 5 weeks now with no shipment. Each email I receive from the company refers to the 2 week delay in shipping. I've now requested a refund so we'll see how long that takes to process.
jerrym531
November 18th, 2020
First time site user. I ordered 2 bottles of my daily fragrance because the price was so much less than anywhere. I felt it was too good to be true. I read the reviews and saw all the negative reviews were hand sanitizer and I understand how difficult that item was to deal with so I gave them a pass. I'm glad I did! 2 days later and I'm restocked prob for the year but thrilled with the price, follow up from customer service, and quick delivery. I'll be shopping here more often for sure!

Because ripe people taste much better than unripened people.

By Oak S.

Yes, they received nothing and their wallet shrunk.

By Richard P.