Review of Borderfree

Tel: (212) 299 - 3500
optout@borderfree.com

peterc446
7/12/19

This has to be without doubt the worst online retail experience I've ever had. They really have no idea what they're doing. I gave it a one star because there was no zero star. AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS..

bootsl
7/3/19

I ordered from White House Black Market that uses them. Ordered clearance items (which are no longer available) Borderfree loses my package (I had to track them down as of course there is no response like others said to emails. Then they just shrug it off - like "we lost it" we will just ask for a new one. Like this happens all the time. WTH!!
Those items weren't available anymore of course...

All in all TERRIBLE experience.

roxyr9
6/21/19

Why on earth is a company like Asda still using this dreadful service. Not only are they slow, lack customer service and have almost non-existent returns, but they fraudulently charge tax for another EU country in addition to the UK VAT you have already paid, therefore making additional profit.
This fraud really needs to be looked into, as it is an illegal scam.

Sorry I cannot leave zero stars!

George at Asda used to offer a brilliant service, why they have outsourced to these criminals ...words fail me

sharronm21
6/18/19

Customer Service is non existent. They do not respond to any email queries. Ordered two items. One Item not received and I have tried to find out what is going on and had no response whatsoever. Issue still not resolved.

ianl91
6/14/19

unlike everyone, i actually enjoy their service, received my parcel within 4 days after i place my order (all the way from US to Malaysia) without any hassle and delay!

steveb947
6/5/19

Paid for express shipping from hisroom, was told 5 to 7 days would be in Australia , that was 11 days ago, so it will be 18 days before it arrives. when I canceled the order surprise surprise they ship it that day and say sorry to late.
I will never buy from a company that use Borderfree. Most Shocking service I have come across on the internet.

natashah67
6/4/19

I had never purchased anything through Borderfree previously. I spent $200 on an order from American Apparel (which included duty and shipping costs) who uses Borderfree for international shipping. I live in southwestern Ontario in Canada. THEY CHARGED ME AN EXCESS $170 for shipping, a charge that I WAS NOT notified would be placed in the first place! So pissed! Absolutely $#*! customer service and a total disregard for customer satisfaction. They took 8 days to ship my order after processing it and on that 8th day was when they wrongly charged me the $170. Currently disputing it as I deserve my money back! DO NOT USE BORDERFREE, THEY HAVE HIDDEN FEES OR ARE JUST IDIOTS.

Tip for consumers: JUST DO NOT USE BORDERFREE.

aimees48
5/22/19

Even a 1 star is too much. I am still in a state of shock at the appalling customer service from Borderfree. As an agent for merchants they need to review their business model or businesses will go under. I placed a large order, received a confirmation from Paypal and no confirmation from Borderfree. Following a week of chasing them by myself and the merchant (their customer!), there was no response from Borderfree. I will NEVER order anything from a business who uses Borderfree and recommend you are aware of who is shipping your orders because their complete lack of respect for customer service in 2019 is astounding.

leighp38
5/15/19

I have never had a problem with Borderfree

I shop through Macy's

Macy's sent a ladies blouse instead of a man's shirt

The refund took 2 weeks

And I received all of my money back

Plus Macy's paid for the return shipping due to it was their error

I will continue to use Borderfree

Don't know why all of the bad reviews

nickc206
4/11/19

Made an order at champion.com which deliver through Borderfree. First 10 days I haven't received any notification about the order although the arrival estimation was about 2,5 weeks. Then I contacted their support who have told me I'll receive a notification with tracking number soon. After I contacted champion support the next day they figured out my order was lost in transit. I asked to release the amount of money which was freezed by Borderfree and they said it would take 3-5 days. Needless to say, the money were released in almost 20 days only because my bank could no longer keep them freezed. Never use this $#*!ty service.

edmundm22
3/30/19

I ordered 2 pairs of prana pants with 34" inseam. That option is really hard to find in europe. The price was good since it was on sale and the time was ok. I ordered with fast delivery service since it was only a euro extra and the delivery was fast. But the time from order to the product was actually shipped was more than a week. The handeling in customs was great, ordering from outside Europe can be a real hassle in Sweden.

briank340
3/25/19

Worst experience ever! Bought a pair of pants from pRana, apparently Borderfree handles international shipping for them. Had to return them as they did not even come close in size to what I ordered. The return process took many weeks before the pants were delivered to pRana. Two months later still no refund. According to the web sites, Borderfree says pRana is responsible for my refund, while pRana says Borderfree is. Repeated emails to pRana are ignored. Since I live within the EU, US laws don't protect me and EU laws don't apply. This to me isn't any different than outright theft!

ashleyf127
3/22/19

I ordered clothing from Australia. In the past DHL has delivered my products from this particular company and has shipped them direct from Australia to the US. I received those items within 4 or 5 days. Amazingly fast. I used Borderfree this time. My items have gone all around the world for some reason - to Singapore and now Dubai. Seventeen (17) days have passed since I placed my order and my order is still in Dubai. Ridiculously slow. I will never willingly use this service again. Never.

martac38
3/17/19

I was very scared of using this service when I read all these negative reviews but I wanted the item I bought so much I tried anyway. My experience was super positive! I honestly paid a crazy amount of import duties (from USA to Italy of a luxury item) but it had nothing to do with Borderfree; the shipping cost per se was average price for such a long shipping; every step of the shipping was tracked in detail and the parcel arrived even earlier than what was stold me at check-out! Maybe I was among the few lucky ones, but from my experience I would definitely use this service again.

georgesl5
3/14/19

Horrible service, tried three cards I've used before, two attemps via Paypal, and nothing goes through, even if it goes smoothly with Amazon or Ebay. Too complicated, you go to the store, and sometimes the store wants to charge you directly and not through Borderfree. You understand why Amazon and Bezos rule, this is borderline crazy and dumb...

rd157
2/13/19

Simply put, Borderfree has a very wonky and terrible payment system. I've used it in the past for intl.target.com shipments, and have had minor issues. Today, a major issue, in that their system wouldn't allow for the purchase to go through at all, citing "There was a problem processing your payment information. Please try again." I attempted this 6 times, and each time a record shows at my financial institution that a withdrawal is pending.

ws85
2/9/19

Bought a pair of shoes from Nordstrom, which ships via Borderfree to Canada. I was a bit nervous after reading the reviews here, but my experience was a positive one.
The shoes qualified for free shipping, but I chose to pay $25 for express shipping ("4 to 9 business days"). My order did arrive safely within 4 business days to Ontario and Borderfree sent me emails throughout the process to let me know where my order was at.

elenap59
2/6/19

They were able to lose the order immediately after sending. The support service responds for days and does not speak specific information immediately.

deanh110
2/4/19

Sham on you ! YOU SCAM BAGS LOW LIVES!
they cancel orders and hold on on your money so they can get interest on it !

choudharyn
1/31/19

Loved them and good at all almost all stuff. Awesome. Be your own boss. So happy to them. love it so much

ambers179
1/27/19

I think that if there is no problems with your order, then it's not a bad service, but if you ever get a problem, they will not help you solve it at all. DO NOT ORDER IF YOU USE A DEBIT CARD. I ordered, but then part of my order was cancelled, changing the amount. I now cannot use the money on my debit card because they won't cancel the pending notification, no matter how many times I send e-mails to their company.

Using Borderfree is a huge gamble. Just know that if something goes wrong, they don't help at all.

nasimj1
1/1/19

I ordered two dresses. Never received a confirmation of purchase, but Borderfree debited the money for the purchase from my Paypal account. After two weeks and I had already sent an complaint to Paypal and Borderfree I received two packages. I asked for a return as I no longer needed the clothes. I received a reply that I would receive more information about my return in a separate email within a few days. However, I did not receive a reply for about two weeks. After further complaints I received the return details. I returned all items in early December and received a partial refund on 25th December on my Paypal account - no reason was given why they only refunded the money for one dress. Just for your information, I bought the clothes on November 2nd and the problems keep going on. I have sent several complaints since 1st of January, however Borderfree did not answer so far. From my experience so far, I assume that they will potentially answer after two to three weeks.
Update: Now Borderfree responded that they cannot refund the money, as (i) I have opened a dispute at Paypal (which is already closed since the 25th of december and which Borderfree denies) and (ii) that they did not receive any return. The reasoning is false and does not even make sense!

Update: Borderfree confirmed the return on the the 18th of January but refuses to refund my money! They don't even respond to my emails anymore.

marks1222
12/26/18

Borderfree allows people to set up accounts, and bill, based on nothing but an EMAIL ADDRESS which they DO NOT CONFIRM.
This means that someone can buy stuff and use your email address. When the credit card they use turns out to be fake, Borderfree invoices your PAYPAL. I kid you not.
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS SCAM COMPANY.
Don't bother trying to reach anyone at their customer service. Call mid-day and get a voice mail nobody is monitoring.

vanessad77
12/24/18

This company is horrible, y'all stay away from them. I ordered something from macy's I paid for shipping and everything. I paid $274.94 for the items and they made me pay $194.53 for the shipping it was $469.47 in total. They charged me again for shipping while I already paid wtf I called to cancel everything and they were like that wasn't the actual price for the shipping. This company better gives me my $300 something they stole from me otherwise I'll report them cuz I am not losing my $#*!ing money.

suem319
12/21/18

I want to start by saying that I have not been paid for this review but I felt it necessary to post a positive experience, as there has been so many negative reviews, I live in Nova Scotia, Canada and ordered an item from Hanes.com in the US which, by default, was shipped by Borderfree. The order was placed on 5 Dec. and it was delivered today, 21 Dec. This is remarkable considering that there are currently postal disruptions in Canada. My credit card was billed exactly the correct Canadian funds and the item was exactly as I hoped and expected. I will confidently order from this company in the future.

Don't waste your time waiting for a response. Check the retailer's website for its return policy. If it's associated with Borderfree, it will provide you with the necessary details on its international shipping/ Borderfree page.

By Sandra K.

Fossil ships to the following countries: AMERICAS United States Canada Mexico Costa Rica Dominican Republic Ecuador Guatemala Peru Trinidad and Tobago EUROPE France Germany / Austria United Kingdom Italy ASIA PACIFIC Australia Japan India Borderfree ships Fossil products to the following countries: Mexico Canada Ecuador Peru Costa Rica Trinidad and Tobago Dominican Republic Guatemala Find more information about Fossil and Borderfree here: https://www.fossil.com/us/en/customer-care/borderfree.html To ship to the Philippines and other countries not listed above, use empresspost.com.

By Sandra K.

empresspost.com provides this kind of service.

By Sandra K.

I asked why they were adding IVA onto my goods when the goods come from the UK (I am in Spain) and they said that it is sales tax. When I order from other places in the UK it never happens! Borderfree are con men!

By Melloney S.

Find your and answer here: https://www.pitneybowes.com/us/global-ecommerce/cross-border.html Select the required service for your business and click the Contact Us button on the next page. Complete and submit the contact form and a Borderfree representative will contact you.

Ask the lawyer.

By Bryan M.

They claim that the cost of your order is held in limbo by your bank and only released to Borderfree when they send the item you ordered out...sometimes they send orders in separate parcels, so you should be billed for each one as they go. BUT each time I used them they removed the money on the date I made the order then also removed money each time they sent part of my order. THEY blame it on the bank but my bank said it is untrue. When I complain I have to mess around for about 10 days before the return the money to me. THEY LIE and make excuses!

By Melloney S.

It is a shipping company which makes a mess of your orders, bills you twice, lies and ruins the shopping experience altogether!

By Melloney S.

Yes we noticed items added to our basket and also size changes...I ended up with jeans I id not want but they were too costly to return!

By Melloney S.

It has a paypal link but it always says site error so you have to use the visa card bit instead...oddly enough if they want money from you they bill you via paypal. I assume it is so we cannot put in for a refund or go through the resolution centre when they mess up!

By Melloney S.
Questions? Get answers from the Borderfree staff and other customers.

8 Photos for Borderfree