Review of Art.com

Tel: 800-952-5592
support@art.com

diannes141
5/1/19

Received a gift certificate for $50 which led me to this crappy company. Now, I am out my $50 gift certificate, and an additional $95 because they will only provide me a CREDIT after receiving FOUR BROKEN SHIPMENTS.

Just DON'T.

karenc636
4/25/19

This site sucks and you should be able to give zero stars! They don't offer international sales AT ALL.

I even tried a US Address service but they've only got drop downs for state and zip code to enter your billing address.

My friend has a family member in New York York has spent the past couple days trying to place the order and keeps getting "Unable to verify billing address...".

I called the customer service when I was attempting to place an order and they were basically like "yeah we can't place your order either.", and basically in SSI many words said "sucks to be you". Barely said goodbye to me when the call ended too.

I was trying to order 14 prints!! You don't want my money i guess! It looks like based on the awful reviews I was in for more trouble if I had been able to order them.

kp193
4/24/19

Ordered a print on canvas after searching forever. the colors are COMPLETELY wrong, it looks like an abstract painting, NOT a high quality photo, and the color scheme in the photo on the site is literally unrecognizable in real life.

Also, I paid for expedited shipping and it showed up 10 days later after being rescheduled at the last moment while the package was en route.

Had 3 other prints to add to the collection for this very special gift and aside from being terribly embarrassed at what actually showed up as the present to my person, cannot complete the series with such horrible quality and faulty delivery. never again.

ryanm175
3/2/19

Ordered 3 canvas prints of photos. One was delivered. Had to contact customer service to find out the other two photos cannot be printed and then request a refund. They are not proactive in notifying customers of these issues and seem that they would rather hold your money instead of being forthright. I've used them several times before with no issues. I will not be back.

Tip for consumers: Monitor your orders to make sure everything is received.

cc468
2/15/19

I purchased a $262 framed artwork which arrived badly damaged in two corners. I contacted Art.com and asked for a new frame to be sent or the cost of a new frame to be reimbursed. On 9 January 2019 I was advised that a full refund was processed and I would receive it in 5 - 10 business days. Today, 47 business days later no refund. Art.com then advises as of 20 December 2018 they no longer process international refunds. I am told one thing then another and I feel defrauded. If you are in Australia do not buy from them. I only did as they had a special print. I have been ripped off. These are the two responses from art.com

On the 9 January 2018 - I received this

Dear Chris,

I am sorry that you are not completely satisfied with your purchase. You do not need to return item and you may keep or donate it as you see fit. I have processed full refund for your order and it will be credited to your PayPal account in 7-10 business days. If there is anything else I can do to assist you, please let me know.

Regards,
Tamera

Today's lie.

Thank you for getting back to us and our International business closed on December 20, 2018. As of January 20, 2019, we are no longer able to replace product and/or refund International orders. We are going through a transition in our business right now and unfortunately we cannot control the timing of this transition. We are very sorry about any impact to you and we thank you for having been a customer of us.

Regards,
David
Customer Service Representative

hansj22
2/1/19

I ordered a poster that turned out not available.
Despite several contacts they never refunded and now they state that they closed there international business so they can't refund.
Definately a fraudulent company

deanr65
1/7/19

I ordered the famous picture of the dogs playing poker with a "nice frame" for around $100 and a terrible print arrived that looks like it came out of an old Xerox machine and the matte borders inside the frame were completely lopsided to one side. I complained and they offered to replace it with a new one and to just "keep the bad one or give it away" since it's obviously worthless. The new one they shipped was also lopsided but not quite as bad. A TOTAL ripoff IMO. Would NEVER order from them again.

dinahp6
12/28/18

Avoid the aggravation and don't order canvases from this company. They replaced the damaged originals 3 times and each replacement arrived with the same damages. They just don't know how to stretch and mount canvases properly. I asked for them to just ship me the canvases so I could have them mounted on my end and they told me it was impossible. It's not impossible -- they just won't go out of their way to make the situation right. A total waste of time and effort. I don't know how this company stays in business!

alexc397
12/24/18

Read the reviews. Art.com is terrible. Never buying from them again. Was told I would have it by December 21st, now it's December 31st, with no explanation or option given to expedite shipping.

michaelr954
12/21/18

I ordered a print and ordered it to be matted and framed. I ordered it on 12/12/18 and was told on my receipt it would be delivered on 12/21/18, just in time for Christmas. On 12/21/18, I checked the status of my order and found out it had not even shipped because some of the components were not available. I wasn't notified it would be late. Art.com could not even tell me when it would be completed and delivered. It was my first and last time I made a purchase with Art.com. Upon my request, Art.com did cancel my order and said I would see the refund on my statement in 5 days.

stanm69
12/15/18

I ordered 2 Mondrian prints, each was supposed to be framed in a Metropolitan frame. One came in the correct frame and the other didn't, even though the packing slip said it was.

Short version is, I had to provide a picture of the print in the wrong frame and tell them whether I wanted a replacement or refund. I chose a replacement since they were to be a grouping (and the red trim in the frame complemented the colors in the prints so well), and then got an email saying that they were out of stock on "certain components of the item" and couldn't guarantee shipment for another week, and to let them know whether I wanted to wait or cancel. I chose to wait.

We'll see what happens next.

My advice is, if you're ordering multiple items, don't assume they'll all be what you want, or that you'll get a replacement very soon when they aren't.

jamesr765
12/13/18

Never use this company. Ordered this week's ago and promised Express shipping.They really messed up my daughter birthday present.

laurak255
12/11/18

My print wasn't delivered by the mail carrier as indicated online. When I emailed art.com, they resent a new print the following day and the quality of the print is excellent. So happy with my purchase and will shop w them again.

danaf25
12/8/18

I should have checked out the reviews here first. They said that the latest delivery date would be November 30th, but it is now December 8th and still nothing. Their "track your package" function doesn't work -- It just (still) says "your order is being processed". I contacted them and was told that the delay is because it has to go through customs, but they didn't say anything about that at the time I put in the order.

jocelynk11
12/6/18

Stay away from this company. I bought something from them because of their return policy. It states "f you are not satisfied with any item, return it within 30 days of receipt for a free replacement or return; simply complete the return form on the back of the packing slip included with your order. Refunds are issued within 48 hours of receiving the return." What they DON'T tell you is that if you don't like it you have to pay to ship it back. Cost me $38 to return the picture I didn't like. Their return policy also states that you will get your money back in 48 hours. They received my return on Monday, and today is Thursday and I still haven't seen my money. So I checked in with the company and they told me they've issued a gift card for my return. A GIFT CARD. Their return policy doesn't state anything about my $ being put back on a gift card (I did not buy it with a gift card). After dealing with the completely incompetent person in their customer service they said they will refund my money in 7-10 BUSINESS days. So buyer beware. If you don't like the piece, sure you can return it. But you will have to pay to return it - and then you will have to fight to get your money back. Last purchase I EVER make from art.com. Do yourself a favor, go buy your art in person locally.

maryritap
11/11/18

I am very surprised to read all of the negative reviews. I just ordered a piece called Greetings from Dubuque, Iowa. My order came less than a week after I ordered it! I bought a frame elsewhere and framed it hung it up immediately. I posted a picture of it on Facebook and linked to art.com in case anyone was interested!!!

paulinem75
10/3/18

I ordered two of her pictures for our bathroom! And I have not received them. This company keeps me on hold on the phone. I was told that their was a shortage of UV plastic glass and so I opted for another glass. To date, October 3, 2019, nothing has been received. This company needs to get their act together. Very very irritating.

jayd180
9/20/18

I ordered a custom framed print. The first delay was due to their accounting department not posting my PayPal payment. Then my order was delayed because they were out of stock on UV Non-glare acrylic with no estimated delivery date for this essential product. I then cancelled my order.

I have to say though that the customer service people are fantastic. Seasoned professionals even right after being hit by the recent hurricane. Brava, ladies, brava!!!!

emilyw168
9/19/18

I don't know what happened to this company. They have old reviews that are good but I should have read the recent ones before placing my order. My framed print was a no-show and when I reached out to them they said it would be at least 3 days before they could determine what happened and that it was likely discontinued. I don't know why they had to wait for me to contact them to tell me this. I would have ordered something else. Then I read all the poor quality reviews and simply canceled my order. I am not willing to spend almost $1k on a bad print.

chrisb876
9/11/18

Made mistake of giving this company my email address. Now get 5 spam emails aday. Unsubscribe does not work and no response from my emailed request

milow12
8/31/18

I ordered a poster from art.com. Paid $19 for OVERNIGHT for $30 something poster cause it's urgent for an event on Saturday. It said it will be arrive on August 30 somehow end up arriving on Sept 4 (that's 5 days late!) They don't say sorry and the attitude of the customer service are not nice and doesn't seem to care. This company is suck so bad!!! and their products not even that great.

maork1
8/27/18

After two month I waited and contact this site, none of the items I bought has received and my account still waiting for the refund. Second agent lie and said refund has submited but i checked all my accounts including personal contact my bank and nothing has arrived.

DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!

christopherm368
8/24/18

I ordered a Giclee premium Monet print and paid almost 70.00 with shipping. The print arrived and was only partially printed and only covered a very small section of the order canvas size. It cost me 12.00 to send this "junk" back to them. The guy at the frame shop was amazed that they actually shipped it. Ultimately, I was out 12.00 and a couple of hours of my time. Beware!!!

eloiseh6
8/1/18

I ordered two framed photographs two months ago. I received one that was so poorly framed, I would never put it on my wall. Customer service said to keep it or donate it, and they would send out a correctly framed one. I then received a framed photo that had nothing to do with what I ordered...different photo, different frame...you get the picture. Again, they said to keep it or donate it. I finally, after a month and a half received the two photos. They didn't look too bad, even though they were both light as a feather. I hung them, and three minutes later heard a loud thump...one of the pictures had fallen to the ground because the screw attached to the hanging wire had not been placed in the wood properly. At this point, I just asked for a full refund, which they did give me. But what a hassle! I took the posters to Michael's.When they removed the frame and the "glass" I could really see how cheaply framed these pictures were. The frame was nothing but cheap plywood that had been spray painted; the backing was the thinnest paper imaginable, and the glass wasn't glass...it was acrylic!!! I got the two pictures framed by Michael's with quality products and framing for half the price. Don't bother with this company which used to be great. They have gone to hell and are probably going out of business.

chrisg384
7/19/18

After ordering I requested they leave the Art.com sticker OFF the back of the pieces because they are for resale, impossible to take off, and damage the backing. I was absolutely assured there would be NO stickers on the back of the order. Guess what? All the pieces had their dumb sticker on the back. When I brought the issue up with CS on chat they gave me the runaround, told me the sticker wasn't optional, then basically called me a liar regarding the past chat. 100% satisfaction guaranteed, huh? They offered me a 10% discount on my next order. You'd think a company called ART.COM had heard of white label packaging. I'm never giving them another dime. Complete BS.

Don't be fooled, this company is a scam, they don't deliver and don't refund.

By Hans J.

i found a print and wanted to have it mounted and framed.

By Michael R.

it was easy to contact customer service through "Live Chat". They were able to cancel my order because they could not fulfill the order.

By Michael R.
Questions? Get answers from the Art.com staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Art.com