Review of 1Day.co.nz

Tel: 40.0000019073
enquiries@cs.1-day.co.nz

wesleyj41
12/9/19
Tryed to buy refurbished phone though one day, what a complete disappointment, spent 5 weeks constantly trying to get answers and questions as to where the phone was or if even going to be sent, in the end canceled the order, I would strongly recommend not todeal with this website, save yourself the greive and disappointment, just a bunch of ripoffs
lalithaj1
12/8/19
I ordered several items. When I was refunded for items not in stock, the courier fees were not refunded. Trying to get online assistance is a joke.
kellyw323
12/5/19
Bought 2 PS4 controllers that never showed up. Sent multiple emails with no reply. At the same I also bought a toy quad bike for my son that did not arrive. All up nearly $400. They have not responded to my many emails. I have asked for someone to call me but they said they have no phone support. I have asked for a full refund with no response I have been chatting to an online person that I think is an automated response. Disgusting service. I am so pissed! Wast of money I had put aside for my kids Christmas.
andreal328
12/5/19
We have had a terrible experience receiving not one but two faulty refurbished i-phones. the 1st one had a faulty screen and took almost a month to get replaced - the 2nd one they stuffed around and with for a few weeks and their online chat was difficult to communicate. I repeatedly asked to speak to someone to be referred to the email contact to which we received no reply. We took the phone to an independent repairer as the microphone was not working. The repairer discovered the phone had long term water damage (we had only had it for a day before making the claim to 1-day and no way this sort of damage could possibly happen in this timeframe)! As their terms and conditions stated water damage would void any warranty we did not want to return the phone for repair until they acknowledged the prior water damage. We got nowhere so are taking this to the consumer institute. Be warned it may not be worth the cheap price!!!!
alastairf6
12/2/19
I have bought both a Box Duvet and a Comforter from 1-day SPECIFICALLY because they were touted as "Machine Washable", otherwise I would not have bought them.
On arrival, for both items the manufacture's label says "DO NOT WASH" !!
I was also sent only 2 bath towels after ordering and paying for 4 towels.
No reply to my emails of complaint, even though they got a "Read Receipt".
I will be sending all photos and emails to Fair Go.
eviet3
12/1/19
iPhone 6 refurbished - $260 spent. Do not under any circumstances deal with this company for electronics. I bought this phone for my grandson. so only wanted a cheap 1st phone. I at least expected the thing to work. Now I'm fighting for a Refund. DONT DO IT...they are so hard to get money back off. and the only contact you have is a frustrating chat box or email. I've learnt the hard way. I've given them until COB today or Im going to the Commerce commision., under the consumer guarantees act.
sams714
11/27/19
I purchased a mattress topper from these guys and received no mattress topper at all, $90 later, I contacted them multiple times and received no reply. Absolutely useless and wouldn't recommend
reubens37
11/18/19
I purchased a couch from these guys that turned up damaged. Worst experience I have ever had trying to return an item. Took time off work to sort it out, contacted the company multiple times. To this day over a month later I still have the couch because the guy would not take it. Now I have to box the damn thing so toll will take it. F..... Me
victoriae3
11/15/19
Terrible service, the 2 "new" samsung s9 phones were definitely not new. There were some items in one phone however not in the other, one phone had the security seal broken and the other phone didn't have one at all !
The only way to contact 1 day deals is through their chat process, and the operators are useless.

STAY away
shengyangl
11/15/19
This started with a faulty, overpriced 2 second hand chomebook and I don't want to describe my experience again. I will take 1day to Commerce Commissioner. The bad business behaviour must not be tolerated.
jackw340
11/13/19
What a trash company, phone came and it's a Korean or Japanese refurb, they have changed the original screen for some reason and this one is jittery and laggy. Also the SIM card holder is broken so I constantly have no service. Terrible company, customer support was so bad I thought I was talking to a bot but apparently it was actually a living being. Taking my money elsewhere.
peterb645
11/7/19
Same scenario as other people, phone bought arrived with 3% battery - unusable. Sent back to be 'fixed', came back exactly the same. Sent back again for refund. They have had my money for almost 4 months now, still no refund. Only communication is through their 'Chat' ie texting. They clearly don't want to talk with customers. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.
keithl185
11/6/19
Yes they quickly send you a courier ticket, then you will never hear from them again. Spend the extra and deal with a reputable dealer
alank169
10/29/19
Poor service from both 1-Day & Courier Post NZ.

It took 7 days for the items to be dispatched from their warehouse, which is very slow by today's standards.

And now the items are sometimes between Hamilton & Christchurch, some 5 days later.

They are tracked items so this is quite appalling from both companies in my opinion.

In over 30 transactions on Trade Me, I have never had items arrive this late.
dorothym173
10/23/19
I am gutted that a phone I bought last October took 2 weeks to get to me, then needed the battery fixed so was again out of action for weeks, then starts to have battery issues literally days after the warranty ends! Don't buy refurbished phones off 1-day, it's not worth the hassle and waste of time and money. Should have checked here first!
tonyk158
10/22/19
Device crapped out after a week. Been trying for 6 weeks to get a refund or a replacement. Practically impossible to communicate with them. $#*!ty product. $#*!tier support.
valeriem182
10/22/19
Crap service on missing delivery - no-one can tell me where it is. Keep passing the buck that it is the freight forwarders problem. I paid the money to 1-day I would expect them to sort it out. Been waiting 3 weeks so far and still haven't received goods that I paid over $200 for. Have to repeat myself to chat online everytime to someone different - lots of promises to follow up and update me but never get anything
rosieh30
10/17/19
Unbelievable - I ordered this product (refurbished iPhone 7) way back in September so I would have it well before a big overseas trip on 2nd November, I received a faulty product.
It has taken well over a month to sort out. Complete lack of communication. I was finally told last week after chasing up several times that I would receive the replacement on or before the 30th. As I have my trip planned for the 2nd I checked if this could be processes sooner, the person I was chatting with said they would check and follow up with an email (they did not). Today I was told that a replacement is unable to be supplied however the product is available on the site to purchase and the only way it can be supplied is for me to repurchase the phone.
georgial43
10/7/19
I made the mistake of not looking up reviews prior to purchasing a refurbished iPhone, BIG MISTAKE! It came faulty, with the screen fully not working and I emailed them that day explaining what had happened and fast forward 2 months and I am still yet to receive my refund!!! If i could give them zero stars I would! I have contacted multiple people numerous times and have had no responses - and all I am asking for is my money to be rightfully returned! The customer service is appalling and should not even be called that, don't waste your time, money, effort or energy ever dealing with this horrible company
nikkim93
10/1/19
We bought a brand new parallel import Samsung s10. It overheated within 21/2 weeks and stopped charging. We sent it back and got told the warranty was void because water got into the charging port and caused physical damage. This model phone is supposed to be WATER RESISTANT!! After feeding us this rubbish they said they had got it working and would send it back without a warranty.

Absolutely disgusted when 1-day used to be so good. Will be taking them to the disputes tribunal and complaining to the Commerce Commission

Will never buy from them again. They have become rubbish

Tip for consumers: Don’t buy from them - they avoid their statutory guarantees

freyaw6
9/30/19
Bought a refurbished iphone. What a mistake. The phone never even worked. You then have to go through a process to return it. Then it will take 14 days to do anything about it Even hounding the chat service got me nowhere. I just wanted my refund for a phone that never even worked. Once they FINALLY said they would process a refund after 14 days (almost 20 days after having received a non working phone) I had to ask them how long that would take. ANOTHER 5 days. An absolute effing joke. Will never buy anything off their website again due to horrific customer service (actually cant even call it service as they provided none - having to hound them to get any results is poor business).
janb246
9/16/19
I've bought several things from 1-Day and usually they're fine. Stuff like dishwasher tablets and such. I made this mistake of buying a refurbished iphone for my son. The battery was stuffed when we got it, so I sent it back -- they've now had the phone for 6 weeks (longer than we actually had the phone) and I cannot get a resolution out of anyone. The online chat people all talk the same rubbish and can't actually DO anything. I just want a refund. Stick with basic stuff from these guys, anything costly or electronic? Stay FAR FAR away.
waynem282
9/13/19
I should have read the reviews before I ordered a refurbished laptop
Only in the confirmation email did it suddenly say 4-6 days delivery. It took 8.the product was grubby and the cord and charger were incompatible with the laptop.
Worse you cannot phone 1day and they won't phone you to sort out any issue. I spent over an hour on we chat and then they want me to fill in all sorts of forms and take days to refund.
Best advice.... Go down to your local store, get your item on the spot and if it doesn't work go back and sort it face to face.
Wayne September 2019
markl784
9/11/19
I ordered an Everis Action Camera and it arrived within 2 days in pristine condition all working fine. Confirmation of order via email, tracking service, follow-up email with $10 voucher all fine and dandy!! ... Was just gonna jump onto facebook to msg my cousin in the UK - with similar online business - suggest he check out 1-DayNZ concepts etc. and 'cause of my so far so "good experience", also that I like the way 1-Day operate. However, now that I have been reading all these reviews I will hold-off on the recommendation till a later date!!

Tip for consumers: Give it a shot! Proof of the pudding is ALWAYS in the eating. If ur a newbie and and tentative and want low risk: I suggest you avoid any fragile goods that may get damaged in transit

iunvvi
9/5/19
Was a bit skeptical about ordering the phone due to the really good price and the bad reviews of 1 day refurbs, but the phone came earlier than expected and had no cosmetic damage and has been working perfectly since arrived, would recommend (iphone x btw) 4/8/19

I have asked them for a phone number and always referred to email.

By Andrea L.

You've got to get on the online chat with them and hound the daylights out of them to get anywhere. There is no phone number that I've been able to find, and I've been looking quite hard for the last few weeks myself.

By Jan B.

good luck with that - they only chat online and apparently don't have phones to be able to follow up with their freight company either!!!!

By Valerie M.

We purchased an iphone 7 refurbished phone and if there are any issues it is a terribly slow and frustrating process. We got a replacement sent and the replacement was also faulty!! i would not recommend 1-day at all personally.

By Andrea L.

Questions? Get answers from the 1Day.co.nz staff and other customers.

7 Photos for 1Day.co.nz