Review of 1Day.co.nz

enquiries@cs.1-day.co.nz

suem382
3/9/19

Ive brought a lot of items off 1 day. 99% of items where AOK
I haven't brought phones or tablets though.
Brought a homecast dongle couple of weeks ago...couldn't set it up for love nor money...emailed 1 day and miney being credited in next 5 days. Great.
Nothing to complain about over this way

keithm272
2/28/19

I bought a refurbished s7 and the USB port didn't work properly so I sent it back under warranty. They voided the warranty due to a bent pin. Offered to repair it for more than the cost of the phone. I had no way to check for this kind of damage when I received the phone so have no way to prove that it was damaged. As for paying for repair? Not likely they have had the last dollar they are ever getting from me.

dannyb164
2/22/19

I have been using this store a number of years now and in all my dealings they have been excellent.
Yes sometimes it takes longer to get your items but they state this.
The bulk buys I absolutely love and these products also have been excellent.
They are Definitely worth 5 stars from me.
Do your research on the products and you won't be let down.
I recommend this store to everyone.
Best regards Danny

georgias50
2/12/19

The quality of product on 1Day is always very poor.
I have never received an item within the first week of purchase which is very strange as we live in the same small country.
Before i buy something i wonder about the quality of the item and i always tell myself that surely this time i would be buying an item worth what i am paying for.
I have bought many things from 1Day and only once have i been satisfied with it, it was a coat rack..
I would actually rather punch myself in the face than buy from or recommend 1Day.co.nz to anyone.

jadep19
1/28/19

If I could give a zero I would, 1st time I brought a gazebo and when it was dropped off by the courier opened it up realised it had been damaged so I sent a message to let them know and to organise another one ( not there fault) BUT it took 3 weeks just to email a courier ticket ..... that same day I sent it off and I gave it a week to see how it was coming along said they lost the return...... and then it took another 7 weeks to send me a replacement only to find they had sent me some broken up shelving unit so I had to wait another week for a courier ticket then it took a further 4 weeks to finally get a replacement very much a big hastle and very time consuming not very good a communicating either! Then my Father in law wanted to buy a phone off them and so I brought it for him only to be sold a dud !! Worked for 2 hours then went blank wouldn't charge or start up so requested a courier ticket waited 2 weeks for it to be emailed yet again and now its been a month keep emailing for an update to be told ill get back to you and yet again nothing finally another 2 weeks went and this time I had enough wrote a heated email saying I want a refund now and then got a swift reply that a new replacement will be in the mail within 5 working days, So save yourself the hassle and frustration and dont even bother buying off them not worth the countless emails and headaches!

jackier145
1/25/19

Twice I have had to contact 1day customer service due to an item being damaged in transit and another due to an item not working as it should and both times they have replied straight away with an adequate solution. From my experience their customer service has been great.

barrye90
1/14/19

I purchased a refurbished phone from this company and had problems straight out of the box. The phone had very poor GPS performance, the battery life was poor, 4G reception at home was worse than my old phone of the same top brand and it dropped a call in the first few days at home which I do not remember ever happening before. The appearance of the phone was as new but the rear cover cracked for no obvious reason and warranty repairs were denied because of this. They did offer to replace the cover for a fee but the phone was sent back to me the same day as the email was sent. I replied back to them 4 business days ago saying I would accept the repair price for the cover if they agreed to repair the other faults too. So far I have not had a reply. The rear cover is supposed to be glued in place and require a heat gun to remove it, I was able to remove it with my finger nail and no heat. The battery installed had a decal on it from a different phone and IMEI number. If I get a response to my email I will update this post.

bluem6
1/8/19

Bought an Acer Chromebook, it stank, was dirty, they sold it as refurbished like new, the battery didn't work...
They don't take returns so I threw it in the bin.
Nice way to loose money.

amyees
12/31/18

I recently brought a ue boom 2 for pretty much a third of the price and thought surely it was a scam because of the reveiws I read after... but i got it in the mail only a week and a half later and was so thrilled! Completely legit, brand new product and I am so happy with it.:)

kimberleyr
12/18/18

Slow replies to queries, no delivery guaranties. Very slow deliveries. I would not recommend this company.

courtneyt40
12/17/18

I purchased a chicken coup 6 weeks ago and despite several emails there has been little or no substance to any of there replies, even tried telling me I had not contacted them in the first place. I offered screen shots of them!

I was a regular customer but family and I are no longer and I will personal set about making sure any of my friends are no longer customers.

alexh282
11/22/18

Bought Samsung VR glasses. They were "shipped" two days later. Never arrived so I enquired with support. Apparently, they were never shipped due to being out of stock. Now they are refunding me. Guess they would have just kept my money had I not emailed them.

nessa1
11/20/18

Bought 2 items, one arrived & one didn't. I emailed them, didn't receive a reply so had to go through Live Chat. The guy on end said the parcel had been lost (WTH!?) & had no tracking number, but had a ticket number. That's nice, could you try & find it for me perhaps? Surely that's part of your job??... no, he couldn't be bothered. Just kept saying they would issue a refund.
Haven't bought from them for years, now I remember why! Never again. I'm done.

makeres
11/11/18

I brought an refurbed iPhone 7 128gb all was great I needed the upgrade as was rocking the 5s for sooooo many years.
Anywho waited the three weeks for it to arrive not good at all
When I opened the box no headphones and a charging cable n plug that over heated, the phone itself the volume button didn't work did my head in and that wasn't even the worst bit!!!
Upon updating to try get to iOS 12.1 the phone shut down all cell and data on my phone I googled if there was problems with the software to find out certain models had been faulty and the main login board had a fault Which basically the phone became useless, I sent it back after days of trying to get in contact with 1-day when they said they'd get a tech to look over the phone trying to make any excuse not to replace it, but because the phone was a recalled Apple product they just refunded me the next day they received the phone back to dispatch.
But by this time I'd already brought a brand new iPhone 7 from Naol lemmings coz least I knew it came with the proper warranties and customer care is primal there.
1-day Are no good never buy from them.

warricks
10/24/18

DO NOT buy from this website.you will get items quicker from ALI-EXPRESS and or WISH.1DAY delivery times are the worst i have ever seen.i have learnt my lesson now and will NEVER buy from 1DAY again

chriss974
10/18/18

May 2017, bought Sony tablet and estimated delivery was 10 to 14 working days. Got hold of them to check where my order was after waiting for 3 weeks. In the mean time I bought a leather tablet cover and sony tablet keyboard. Then they sent me sony mobile phone so I asked them where my tablet was their response was that my order was sent to someone else. They have me a refund but they didn't want to know my loss caused by their mistake.
Then on 22ne September bought a Lenovo tablet and nothing arrived until 15th October. So contacted 1 day help desk to ask where my tablet was. Today got a response to say they over shipped my order whatever that means and gave me a refund saying sorry. This is NOT acceptable. DO NOT SUCK INTO THEIR TECH SALE.

brennanc1
10/14/18

After ordering two pairs of shoes off 1 day I was looking forward at receiving them and strutting my stuff. On arrival of said shoes i was shocked to have been sent shoes that are two sizes to small. At first I thought that I must of made some mistake and selected the wrong size. So when I noticed that the shoes were on sale again i doubled checked. It appears that i did select the correct size, UK 9 and was sent UK 7. Looking at the pages shoe sizes i have no idea how they made this mistake. So i sent in an email asking for a refund and expected that they would at least pay for the shipping since the mistake was solely on them. No it turns out that i have to pay for them to be re shipped and then all i can receive is credit for a online store that i no longer trust because they can't even get a simple shoe size correct. All and All would never buy off this site again unless it was something very simple like washing tablets.

georgel220
10/1/18

I accidentally ordered a pet cage instead of a dog cage (image in website looks almost identical, and it was side by side) and when I went back to them within 30 mins, they refused to make the change. The website stated delivery time of 8-12 working days so I don't understand how they could have worked so quick that it was too late to amend.

What could have been an easy swap for most companies, I now have to pay two additional courier fees to return and a trip to the post office

martina99
9/29/18

Sent back 3 faulty phones. Had to follow up with my own emails to get a response. About 10 emails from 1 Day completely missed the point of the email - didn't answer my questions. Don't buy anything electronic from them, ever.

jom162
9/25/18

The shoe racks are less than substandard. The plastic sides shatter when attempting to connect them. The rods will literally drive you mad when attempting to align all of them to match up with the holes. It's unstable and will fall over at any given opportunity. Totally regret this purchase. I don't have a photo as I chucked the entire piece of fecal matter into the bin.

romaldk
9/5/18

Spent $1208 for a mac product, they sent me different mac product worth $800. Dealt with Stephanie who allegedly processed a refund for $500. When followed up for the refund was told she had incorrect credit card details, then withdrew her offer giving excuses and offering $60 voucher. From $500 to $60 ...1 day dodgy deals it should be called.

macaelag
8/21/18

When given a time period of two weeks and the two weeks passed, I got an email stating that there was a delay wth the stock with the warehouse being brought in! SO WHATS THE POINT IN HAVING A "sold out" or "stock remaining" if there are none in the warehouse and you can purchase off their site? SUPER MISLEADING! Unless CLEARLY stated that a customer is purchasing stock that has not yet been delivered to the warehouse, you should not make the product available to buy! Further, the customer service were repetitive and did not acknowledge my complaints. Absolute rubbish and will never be purchasing from there again.

sl138
8/12/18

Well, I feel like an idiot. The one time I don't look up reviews for a company before spending almost $1000 and I get duped. Here's me thinking I was doing well by avoiding these Chinese based companies with .co.nz domains, selling used phones as "brand new" at too-good-to-be-true prices, by buying from what I thought was a reputable NZ company... WRONG. They are no better than the Chinese junk merchants!! I paid for what was described as a NEW Samsung Galaxy S8+, which cost more than the refurbished versions they were selling at the same time. I receive a phone that is clearly not brand new: unsealed, opened box; used accessories including a generic power adaptor which, when plugged in to the phone would say "slow charging, use original charger that came with device". Emailed 1-day to inform them of my discovery and send me a brand new phone to which they replied that they would send me an adaptor ONLY. I demanded they give me what I pay for and they simply re-sent the exact same email saying they would send me an adaptor!! Absolute scam artists. Have made a complaint to the commerce commission as it looks like I'm not the only one this has happened to and these thieves need to be investigated.

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY FROM 1-DAY

garryf16
7/30/18

I purchased a supposedly refurbished iMac 21.5 from this lot and after it arrived (after waiting 2 MONTHS) it came with a $5 keyboard and mouse that lasted a week. There was no sign of the original keyboard and magic mouse, and no indication on the advert that these were not going to be supplied. An absolute rip off.

myraa17
7/25/18

I brought a UE2 boom from these guys and received an already opened product that then did not charge! I had to send this back to them, who said it has charged perfectly and they sent it back, my first question to them was, that it was not NEW! and I expected a band new Item when I brought it. there was nothing written in the sale post saying that I would receive an already opened product?? Nor any where on the website that states parrallell imports are opened to replace with NZ plugs, It did not say it was a parrallell import on the sale page either, so my expectation was BRAND NEW! UNOPENED PRODUCT, this was clearly not what I got, and then to have it sent back to me after they have done something with it, saying its working perfectly...... I did not pay for a second hand product, I requested an Item in a NEW unopened package but did not get that! This is very misleading, and wrong on so many levels to sell a used item as New! which is what they did. I have not had any problems prior to this , I have been happy with 1day and have brought a lot of products, but this time spending $180 I expected a NEW UNOPENED PRODUCT AND DID NOT GET THAT! Shame on you 1 day sales, I intend to take this further.

07 843 0701 was answered by a voice message at Torpedo 7 when I called it on the 16/1/19. I am fairly sure that 1-Day, Torpedo 7 and Noel Leeming are all owned by the Warehouse. 1-Day are likely to be the dodgy one as you cannot get hold of them.

By Barry E.

They don't have any phone number only company registration details which shows around x5 business owners all of the products on site are products sold by these owners.

By Ann M.

Hi David, Who are you with?

By Ann M.

Questions? Get answers from the 1Day.co.nz staff and other customers.

2 Photos for 1Day.co.nz