Review of ZenHotels.com

Tel: +357 256-54-148
support@zenhotels.com

riannek
8/14/19

Booked a double room in London for a very attractive price, all seemed good and the hotel confirmed the booking. A month later we got our money back on our creditcard without any notice, not from the hotel and not from ZenHotels. If we had not seen this, we would probably have arrived in London to find out at the hotel that the booking was cancelled without notifying us. Luckily, because we sent an email to the hotel, we found out that the booking was cancelled. They told us that the price was not correct. We tried to figure things out, but the hotel sent us to ZenHotels. We called the support center, but two calls (with very bad service) did not help much. We then decided to send an email. It looked like they were going to fix things, but we did not hear anything anymore. Only after emailing and asking ourselves we got the message that they were working on it. This gave us the confidence that it would be fixed and that's also why we did not book other accommodation ourselves. Finally, two weeks later we get an email that our booking with the hotel is indeed cancelled (which we already knew) and options for alternative accommodations that are way more expensive than our initial booking. The reason ZenHotels gave for the cancellation, overbooking, is also not the same as the hotel gave us - that ZenHotels let us book for a wrong price -. We checked online and the hotel was not overbooked at all since rooms were still available. To us this appeared as if ZenHotels is not willing to acknowledge their mistake and make up for it. They advertise with nice prices that are not true, leaving customers without accommodation. It's only because we found out and contacted ZenHotels that they have looked for alternative accommodation for us. And then we get offers that are more than double the price we initially booked for. Moreover, after looking at those offers, we found out that we could book exactly the same rooms for lower prices ourselves. All of this led us to decide to book our own accommodation. ZenHotels asked for the payment invoice of this accommodation, to look at a refund/compensation. We emailed the invoice right after our stay in London to ZenHotels (June 14), but since then heard nothing anymore! They said they send it to their complaints department, but it's totally silent. Two emails from our side asking about the status of things are totally ignored.
So here we are, many calls, emails and frustrations later. We lost money because the amount we paid for the hotel was not exactly the same as the amount that got transferred back. Furthermore, the costs of our accommodation were now way higher than the price we initially booked for on ZenHotels.com. Between our initial booking on ZenHotels.com and booking ourselves, and even between our first contact with ZenHotels support about this issue and booking ourselves, the prices of hotel rooms have gone up a lot and many good accommodations got fully booked. ZenHotels service was very disappointing, and now they even ignore us. All in all, things would have gone way better if we had not booked through ZenHotels.com. A lot of energy, money and frustration would have been saved.

Response from Alexey U., ZenHotels.com Representative
Dear Rianne!

We do apologize for the described incident and for the long expectation!
We will do our best to sort out the situation and mitigate the negative experience.
As we get any information, we will contact you immediately.

lucasp56
8/13/19

Estava procurando por um hotel para passar o final de semana no Rio de Janeiro e, assim que decidi o hotel que gostaria de ficar, escolhi um site para efetuar minha reserva. Localizei três opções sendo os preços de R$332, R$338 e R$350. Acabei optando pelo site mais barato (Zen Hotels) e quando recebi a cobrança no meu cartão percebi que o valor estava diferente da reserva (R$368,72). Procurei esclarecimento da empresa e não me devolveram o valor cobrado a mais do que o acordado. Assim, se estiver procurando um site para reservar seu hotel, não recomendo a Zen Hotels e não vou mais usar o serviço dessa empresa.

Response from Alexey U., ZenHotels.com Representative
Dear Lucas!

Thank you for the feedback!
Our team has provided you the full information regarding this matter.
We hope that the provided compensation will mitigate the situation.

peterg383
8/3/19

This site was easy to use had a clear description and good price. I also was pleased with the pictures that it displayed of the property.

ianm294
7/31/19

A most enjoyable stay in this very comfortable modern hotel. Booking through ZenHotels was easy and I am delighted to have found such a great place to stay within easy reach of the centre of Delft. Will definitely return!

mariag412
7/26/19

Don't use zenhotels for your booking! My experience wasn't good I booked with them and when I got to the hotel to check in they told me that I have to pay almost $2,000 more because my children age appear as a 0 so because they were 13 and 16 they have to pay, I called Zenhotels and their response was I was my mistake when I booked, apparently I made a mistake but I asked for any other option since I was already there, they couldn't help me fixing the ages and charge me the difference, The only option after being on the phone with them for 2 hours was to send a request to the department in charge and see if they can add 2 people but they never called me back and I ended paying for them at the hotel. Never again!

Response from Alexey U., ZenHotels.com Representative
Dear Maria!

We do apologize for inconveniences caused.
Could you be so kind to provide the number of your reservation? We will be glad to investigate the case.

Thank you in advance!
anthonys613
7/5/19

Although the appearance is not brilliant the warm welcome made much more of an impression and the large room on the 5th floor was a bonus. Large comfortable beds, minibar, safe and tea/coffee facilities all helped us have a relaxing break and being only 10 minutes from the old city meant we were never far from base. Good, varied breakfast with plenty of choices gave us a good start to the day and with underground parking we walked into Valencia safe in the knowledge that the car was looked after too. Highly recommend this hotel, especially if you get a good rate by avoiding Trivago, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Trip advisor.

baleyf1
7/3/19

My friend showed me this service. I was very sceptical about it at first because the prices there are lower than most competitors have, it's because zenhotels doesn't have any hidden costs and when you press the 'reserve' button, you can see all the taxes, "Resort fees" and stuff.

I also have experience if using their support. The great things are online chat and in-app calls which are free (well you pay only for the internet so I advise you to find wi-fi first).

Definitely using it again

lahavs
6/27/19

Used it for the first time and surely not the last. I found a better offer for the Peninsula Paris from all the other sites, and i am sure that this website will be my first choice during my next search.

rubens61
6/26/19

Not good not good not good.....................................................................................................

Response from Alexey U., ZenHotels.com Representative
Dear Ruben!

We do apologize for inconveniences caused.
We will investigate the described incident. As we get any information, we will contact you.

angeliqued7
6/23/19

We booked and paid a room via zen Hotel.When we arrived to the hotel we have to pay again.
After 2 weeks : no information from zen hotel. We paid the room 2 times !!
Unacceptable !!

Response from Alexey U., ZenHotels.com Representative
Dear Angelique!

We do apologize for inconveniences caused.

Could you be so kind to provide the number of your reservation? We will be glad to sort out the issue.

Thank you in advance!
elizabethr409
6/10/19

I have to say that I had no issues with Zenhotels. Very competitive prices. I had no problems and enjoyed my holidays.

johnathanw14
6/10/19

Tons of hotels + nice prices + convenient app

A must-have app imo. We recently had a trip throughout through the Europe. We had to book hostels everyday and every time everything was great.
We had to call ZH's support once because the hostel couldn't find our booking number but it worked our in 10 minutes. (We just told the receptionist our names instead of reservation number)
Would definitely use it again!:)

karenj269
6/8/19

Booked Pierre and Vacances accommodation in Salou as near to Portaventura theme park for a holiday treat with my son. Booking process was very simple and all went well at the managed apartments

mohammadz17
6/6/19

It is such a perfect and clean and organised hotel with a wonderful views and quit clean and big outdoor pool and quick and swift services SALUTE.

isaakf
6/5/19

I have been using this website for a year already. And it's definitely one of the best ones. Great service and prices, 90% that you'll find the best deals here.
+ one of the best support teams I've ever communicated with. Always polite and desperate to help.

jaeh7
5/30/19

I have made a reservation through Zen Hotel a month prior to my reservation date for Ramada.
When I arrived at the hotel, the front desk informed me that the reservation never came through and the hotel was fully booked at the date.
I spent 4-5 hours on the phone back and forth with their Reservation Specialists but they only had offered me a room at Super 8 Motel which the quality of the room was terrible and was not even close to the standards of the Ramada hotel room I have booked. Since it was peak season, even Super 8 cost was high and ZenHotel refused to compensate the differences as obviously they have reserved the room on the last minute.
I had to wait outside on a rainy day with my family for 4~5 hours and was frustrated and disappointed about the quality of the reservation made by ZenHotels. Even through their "calculations," the differences is not even compensated in my bank account, which is obviously not the correct compensation.
Additionally, it took 1 and 1/2 hours just to check-in at Super8 because the Reservation Specialist kept making mistakes and even the front desk manager was frustrated at how unprofessional their Specialist was.
Also, they have been ignoring my emails and my demands for the rightful compensation (emailed them 3 times) and have not gotten a follow-up reply.
I am very disappointed at ZenHotels and how unprofessional their service was and does not make sense to just strand their customers on the streets for 4~5 hours on a rainy day (I have mentioned to quicken to process but kept on arguing how it was not their fault(????)).
I do not recommend anyone to use their service and I would rather pay a bit more to use a more secure and liable reservation site.
Worst service I have ever experienced and do not recommend anyone to use this site.

Response from Alexey U., ZenHotels.com Representative
Dear Jae!

Thank you for the feedback! We do apologize for inconveniences caused!

We will investigate the incident and put maximum effort to mitigate the negative experience.
When we get any information, we will contact you immediately.

lisaa423
5/25/19

I booked & paid for a room in January they never confirmed with the hotel so the room I paid for I didn't have. Unfortunately the hotel was fully booked for a event. Truly unacceptable.

Response from Alexey U., ZenHotels.com Representative
Dear Lisa,
We are so sorry to hear about your poor experience! Our specialists are working on the issue trying to find the best solution. Please keep your inbox updated to get the new information at soonest.
katen49
5/19/19

I stayed here overnight and found the hotel, room, staff and food all of an excellent standard.
I would recommend this hotel

lindam1055
5/16/19

The site is a scam!! You select Canadian funds and the price that is shown is in Canadian currency but they charge you in US funds! Try to get a refund with screenshot of what should of been charged that's an even bigger event. I've sent over 25 emails to their complaints department since January 2019 and I have never received a credit and they have stopped answering my emails since March! Before March I would get we are working on your file. Lesson learned, I WILL NEVER USE THIS SERVICE AGAIN!

Response from Alexey U., ZenHotels.com Representative
Dear Linda,

Please, accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and provide us with more detailed information - your booking number or email adress you used to make reservation.

We will investigate the matter and will try to mitigrate your negative experience.

Thanks in advance!
Zenhotels Team
alisonr62
5/14/19

This is the second time we have stayed here. Handy to transport so all of Kuala Lumpur is accessible. But we love the bar and pool, it's just the best place for a late afternoon swim and drink then watch as night falls over the city

garrotu
5/7/19

Great booking site. They have a very convenient app that makes it really easy to book a hotel while you are already abroad.
In addition, an excellent support team that helped me solve a problem caused by the hotel's mistake.

emiliem15
5/3/19

I made a reservation via the website and after contacting the hotel there is no room. I have been charged the amount of the reservation

Response from Alexey U., ZenHotels.com Representative
Dear Emilie,
We apologize for the issue described!
Now we are examining the situation to get back with the proper solution.
ismaeila
4/28/19

It was a good experience to book through Zenhotels, though there was an initial conflict as they changed my hotel with a nearby one and compensating me, but sure it is a respected site to book through

saram421
4/27/19

Was great very good service provide by zen
Well done with the hotel and during my stay
Everything was in

igorb42
4/19/19

ZenHotels had the best price on a hotel of our choice, We didn't have any problems with the reservation. Very good experience.

Dear Carolyn, Thank you very much for the question. We strive for the high-quality service and we can guarantee reservations, which we offer. In order to be sure about your future booking, we can suggest you two ways how to reconfirm a reservation and it's all details: 1) You may request the confirmation of your reservation, and our employees will contact the hotel and ascertain the reservation. 2) You may choose the Care package. It is our service that can provide better conditions of accommodation, for example, a room with a nice view, higher floor and probably, a room upgrade. Plus, this service also includes the reconfirmation of your reservation. We do take responsibility for reservations, and this regard, you may contact us, and we will be pleased to assist you. If there are any other issues that need to be addressed, now or in the future don't hesitate to contact us at support@zenhotels.com, by phone +357-25654148. Kind regard, ZenHotels.com team

By Alexey U., ZenHotels.com Representative

Dear Cayle, We are so sorry that you decided to cancell the booking. Please be assured that the full refund was successfully proceeded, the funds should become reflected at your bank account within the usual bank's processing period. The details were sent to you via e-mail. Please let us know if there is anything we can assist you with!

By Alexey U., ZenHotels.com Representative

Dear Marco, If you have any pre-booking issues, please contact us via support@zenhotels.com or via online chat. We will be happy to assist you!

By Alexey U., ZenHotels.com Representative

Dear Layla, Thanks for your question! Please be noted that the possibility of amendment depends on the booking policy. If it allows to change the dates, our specialists will be happy to assist you with the amendment. How long will it take depends on the hotel and partners who makes the changes at every level to guarantee the successful changing.

By Alexey U., ZenHotels.com Representative

Dear Eliza, Could you please provide the booking number, so that we could check the issue and get back to you with the reply? Thanks in advance! Best regards, Zenhotels Team

By Alexey U., ZenHotels.com Representative

Dear Denise, Thank you for the report! We are investigating the category names to sort it out. Meanwhile you can contact us via support@zenhotels.com or +357-25654148 to inform us of your preferences and get the assistance in booking the suitable room. Thank you once again! Best regards, Zenhotels Team

By Alexey U., ZenHotels.com Representative

Dear Paul, Your booking is well reconfirmed and guaranteed by the hotel. The detailed information is sent via e-mail. Have a nice trip! Best regards, Zenhotels Team

By Alexey U., ZenHotels.com Representative

Dear Steve, Thanks for your question! When prepay for the hotel on the website (online), you are charged in the currency you choose. If pay to the hotel directly, you may be charged either in the local currency (official currency of the country), or the international one - it is always up to the hotel. The detailed information you may find at the hotel's page on the site. If there is anything we may assist you with, please let us know here or via support@zenhotels.com, complaints@zenhotels.com. Best regards, Zenhotels Team

By Alexey U., ZenHotels.com Representative
Questions? Get answers from the ZenHotels.com staff and other customers.

4 Photos for ZenHotels.com