Review of ZenHotels.com

Tel: +357 256-54-148
support@zenhotels.com

robertj470
2/11/19

Top 1 booking service for me. Great prices, a quick and convenient app which helped us a lot during our road trip through Europe. Every morning we booked a hotel or a hostel and every evening we came there to stay. We have NEVER faced any issues and everything went just perfect:)

Response from Anna Z., ZenHotels.com Representative
Dear Robert!

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for choosing Zenhotels.com!

We are very glad that you are satisfied with our service, and we hope that we will become your best friend and travel partner in the future!
You can always contact us with any questions, and we will be happy to help you to the best of our ability.

sebastianf22
2/9/19

There were some problems when I tried this service for the first time, but they are working on their mistakes. The last time I booked with them everything went smoothly. Although more filters could be added, so the reservation process could be much more manageable. In general, I'd give them 4 out of 5 cause there is no perfect service and Zenhotel in no exception.

lillya24
2/6/19

Clearly one of the best booking services. Always great prices and outstanding support team. If you have any problem you can call or text via their app (which is much better than the website XD) or you can call them with your phone. And even more important is that they operate really fast. They usually come up with the solution within 20-30mins.

Response from Anna Z., ZenHotels.com Representative
Dear Lilly,

owena14
1/31/19

I've been using this service for two years already. Most of the time it operates just fine but sometimes there are disappointing mistakes like once I've been waiting for my invoice for like 1,5 weeks. The other time when I came to the hotel and foumd out that they've never heard of me! I called zenhotels support and they've found me a room in 10 minutes but the fact that I had to call support in the first place kind of disappointed me. Nevertheless, these we only 2 out of 12 reservations I made there.
I'd really advice to try out this service. And a reminder: if something, anything goes wrong, just call their support.

Response from Anna Z., ZenHotels.com Representative
Dear Owen!

irwinb29
1/25/19

Outstanding service. Clearly one on the best travel apps you can find. Easy to book, easy to pay. Fast confirmation and great support team. I've been using this service for 2 years already and never had any problems!

Response from Anna Z., ZenHotels.com Representative
Dear Irwin,

Thanks for your review! We are happy to know that you were satisfied with your service!

simalh
1/4/19
• Updated review

After writing this complaint, customer service kindly reached out to me and provided as much help as they could. The issue was probably at the side of my bank and they were able to process it after I send an objection form.

“They still didn't refund my money and it's been 2 months”
12/2/18
• Previous review

I have made a reservation from ZenHotels on 18th of October. The facility allowed free of charge cancelation and after calling them, I realized I do not want to spend my holiday there. So I cancelled the booking on the same day on reservation through zen hotels customer service. After a week I contacted them asking when I could get a refund and they said it could take up to 30 business days and suggested me to get in touch with my bank. I have been in contact with my bank ever since, and each time I ask they say they cannot see a refund put into process. Now ZenHotels don't even answer my emails... I couldn't get my money and it's almost been 2 months. I don't know what to do except consulting legal authorities.. this is first time happening to me and I was so not expecting this amateur thing from "reputable" ZenHotels. Lesson learned.. regretted.

Tip for consumers: Consider using another site that you can trust

Response from Anna Z., ZenHotels.com Representative
Dear Simal,

We are sorry to know that you have experienced the problems. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused!

The whole amount was refunded back on the cancellation date, so we do not hold the funds on our side. Please check your inbox to find the detailed information of the refund.

We look forward to your reply!
annb306
12/28/18
• Updated review

Matter resolved. Thank you. Zen paid for resort fee as set out when accommodation booked. After initial slowness to respond to my complaint the matter was resolved effectively and we enjoyed the holiday without the stressful issue hanging over us. There were no issues regarding resort fee payment at the hotel.

“Unable to get anyone to respond to my requests”
10/17/18
• Previous review

I have been e-mailing and have rung ZenHotels several times over weeks on advice from a Hotel I have booked. In summary (screen shots can be provided) prior to making a booking I relied on clear advice that all taxes including resort fees were included in the price being charged. This advice was directly above where I pit in credit card details. Based on this clear advice I booked the hotel. I am advised by the hotel to get in touch with Zen or Expedia (? Is Zen part of Expedia? Not sure I have asked...) as the resort fee is not included - despite the site expressly stating it was. Despite 2 phone contacts and 3 e-mails I have received no response.

Response from Anna Z., ZenHotels.com Representative
Dear Ann!

We do apologize for the incoveniences.

Could you be so kind to provide your reservation number? We will be glad to sort out the issue.

Many thanks in advance!

Zenhotels.com Team
madenl1
12/27/18

At first I was a bit suspicious because I have never used this service before, but it turned out that this is a perfect travel-related service for me. They also have very sweet app which is imo much better than a lot of websites!

Response from Anna Z., ZenHotels.com Representative
Dear Maden!

tengaeput
9/5/18

After my Airbnb host in Kyoto cancelled on me at the last minute, ZenHotels helped me find good accommodation for a good price. Mosaic Hostel Kyoto was great! I highly recommend them. Life savers!
If you get into a spot of trouble with accommodation like I did, search on ZenHotels.

juberu
8/20/18

some of the reviews i had read were a little worrying but i had no issues whatsoever. i would definitely use again

emmar110
7/20/18

I tried to book a birthday holiday for my eldest daughter as she has been through a lot and deserves a good holiday away at a reasonable price of which they had offered. The kids were excited when they witnessed me speaking to an unhelpful, rude and unpolite holiday planner from zenhotel.com. It wasn't in me to ask for help as holiday planning is something I'm good at due to past experience. When coming to confirm the booking, it lobbed me out multiple times and the deals were disappearing like hotcakes (another reason why i find this website fishy). I emailed twice asking for assistance but i hadn't been given any at all. By ringing i was put forward to an unhelpful member of staff who's name i wouldn't want to put forward for her benefit. She claimed that she would email back but waiting a few days with no reply. On top of all that, I have already been a victim of fraud and it said that the money had been taken out of my account but i hadn't received a booking confirmation. Don't worry, i have a better deal at a better price and destination. The service is perfect and my daughter is very happy (no thanks to zenhotel.com). The websites a sham, the staff are unhelpful and the prices are too good to be true. HAHAHAHA they weren't true anyway. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME. Visit magic breaks instead. Pay a little extra with less hassle. Thank me later xx

Response from Anna Z., ZenHotels.com Representative
Dear Emma

We are sorry for this unpleasant experience!

Please let us know your booking number, so that we could sort it out.

Once again our apologies to you!

Best regards,
Zenhotels Team
elizab12
7/13/18

I booked hotel in Rome, Italy, but I dont know why its written that my hotel is in Bangkok, Thailand!?

Response from Anna Z., ZenHotels.com Representative
Dear Eliza !

We are very sorry for inconveniences!

Could you be so kind to provide the number of reservation? In this case, we will check your reservation. You can contact us via complaints@zenhotels.com

Thank you in advance. We are looking forward to your reply!

Zenhotels.com Team
farooqd
6/6/18

It is very sad that zen hotels shows price of five star categories as that of budget hotels. Once you book the same and upon checkin you come to know that this is not the property you are looking for.Overall wastage of money and time.

Response from Anna Z., ZenHotels.com Representative
Dear Farooq,

Thank you for the report.
Obviously that seems to be a Trivago mapping error as Zenhotels.com has no advertising of Pahalgam hotel at all. We don't offer your property rates online.
Please, contact Trivago user support service to fix that issue as Zenhotels.com is not related to such kind of property mismatching.

With all respect,
Zenhotels Quality Team
thomsons1
4/23/18

I successfully booked a room at hotel in Bangkok, Thailand on 7/4 via ZenHotels 25357793 L5PF382827 and payment all done on the same day via credit card. But on 19/4, ZenHotels send email to me and ask me to reply within 12hrs. If not my booking will be cancel. Unfortunately, I was away for few days during that period and don't have internet access. When I open my email on 23/4, I was informed my booking was cancel due to I fail to respond to their verification email within 12 hrs.
I just can't belief it.....the booking was confirmed and charges already made to my credit card and ZenHotels can just cancel my booking like that. I wrote to them and they did apologize but ask me to book again myself. While the refund I was told will take within 30 days.....not sure really want to trust them again.

On 25/5, ZenHotels send another email to me and informed me that refund had been made. After checking with my bank, Yes, they had refund. At least they are professional and keep to their promises. Plus I was given a USD100 discount for the next booking under them, Thank You.

Response from Anna Z., ZenHotels.com Representative
Dear Mr. Saw,
Please, once again take our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused.
We strive for the best to provide the safest service so the standard security protocol has been implemented regarding your reservation 25357793 L5PF382827. We just wanted to be 100% sure that your credit card payment could not turn out to be fraudulent.
As a gesture of goodwill, we would like to offer you a special discount for any further prepaid reservation through Zenhotels.com.
Kindly check your e-mail inbox and respond to us. Looking forward to your reply.
nastyar
4/2/18

Good service! I booked 2 hotels in Vienna and faced no problems with reservations. Good prices and nice interface. I recommend.

konstantind5
3/20/18

ZenHotels is really a great website for booking. The service is flawless, I got answer on every question very fast. I made the reservation very simply without any problems. At the hotel everything was perfect, I got exactly the kind of room I booked, at a great price

saphyw
3/5/18

ZenHotel remains the best online hotel booking platform out there. The booking on the site was simple, easy and fast. I was able to confirm my reservation from the hotel in a short while without hassles. The hotel experience was simply phenomenal and that made my holiday a happy one. Zenhotels remains my go-to hotel booking platform henceforth.

huggardr
2/19/18

ZenHotels has been my go-to booking platform ever since my first day of booking with them. I had an issue with picking out the best room for me as I was having some guests over and things got a little bit confusing. I placed a call through to them and with the help of their customer agent, Tom, I was able to book an amazing hotel that wowed not just me, but my guests too.

jakew50
12/27/17

Zenhotels.com has an amazing app for hotel bookings. They have great listings and the hotel I booked for a group accommodated and served us well.

sama1695
12/12/17

It was a great experience from me on this website. Outstanding services
Easy to book a room as well as easy to cancel booking.
Now whenever I need to book any room in hotel I always use this website. And I recommend this website to others as well.

deeh61
12/12/17

Although I didn't have the time to verify the hotel room I booked, it turned out to be exactly as described. I like what Zenhotels.com are doing.

whitneyk10
12/12/17

If you think Zenhotels is like every other hotel-booking services, You're wrong! They outshine every other. From customer service to website usage, they're 100% in all

nadab5
12/5/17

I used zenhotels to book a room in Vienna last week. It was so easy!! Great prices, and the services were amazing. Thank you, I will book again.

lucyf14
11/30/17

Zenhotels.com delivered on their promise of absolute convenience. Compared to other online booking services I have used in the past ( i won't mention names), zenhotels is nothing short of amazing.

mariok20
11/30/17

Its the easiest booking process Ive experienced. I didnt expect the hotel to be great but boy was I wrong

Dear Marco, If you have any pre-booking issues, please contact us via support@zenhotels.com or via online chat. We will be happy to assist you!

By Anna Z., ZenHotels.com Representative

Dear Layla, Thanks for your question! Please be noted that the possibility of amendment depends on the booking policy. If it allows to change the dates, our specialists will be happy to assist you with the amendment. How long will it take depends on the hotel and partners who makes the changes at every level to guarantee the successful changing.

By Anna Z., ZenHotels.com Representative

Dear Eliza, Could you please provide the booking number, so that we could check the issue and get back to you with the reply? Thanks in advance! Best regards, Zenhotels Team

By Anna Z., ZenHotels.com Representative

Dear Denise, Thank you for the report! We are investigating the category names to sort it out. Meanwhile you can contact us via support@zenhotels.com or +357-25654148 to inform us of your preferences and get the assistance in booking the suitable room. Thank you once again! Best regards, Zenhotels Team

By Anna Z., ZenHotels.com Representative

Dear Paul, Your booking is well reconfirmed and guaranteed by the hotel. The detailed information is sent via e-mail. Have a nice trip! Best regards, Zenhotels Team

By Anna Z., ZenHotels.com Representative

Dear Steve, Thanks for your question! When prepay for the hotel on the website (online), you are charged in the currency you choose. If pay to the hotel directly, you may be charged either in the local currency (official currency of the country), or the international one - it is always up to the hotel. The detailed information you may find at the hotel's page on the site. If there is anything we may assist you with, please let us know here or via support@zenhotels.com, complaints@zenhotels.com. Best regards, Zenhotels Team

By Anna Z., ZenHotels.com Representative

Dear Rock C., Thanks for your request! Could you please provide the booking number, so that we could check? Please reply here or via support@zenhotels.com, complaints@zenhotels.com. Thanks in advance!

By Anna Z., ZenHotels.com Representative

Dear Carolyn, Thank you very much for the question. We strive for the high-quality service and we can guarantee reservations, which we offer. In order to be sure about your future booking, we can suggest you two ways how to reconfirm a reservation and it's all details: 1) You may request the confirmation of your reservation, and our employees will contact the hotel and ascertain the reservation. 2) You may choose the Care package. It is our service that can provide better conditions of accommodation, for example, a room with a nice view, higher floor and probably, a room upgrade. Plus, this service also includes the reconfirmation of your reservation. We do take responsibility for reservations, and this regard, you may contact us, and we will be pleased to assist you. If there are any other issues that need to be addressed, now or in the future don't hesitate to contact us at support@zenhotels.com, by phone +357-25654148. Kind regard, ZenHotels.com team

By Anna Z., ZenHotels.com Representative
Questions? Get answers from the ZenHotels.com staff and other customers.

2 Photos for ZenHotels.com