Review of Booking.com

Herengracht 597
Amsterdam, 1017 CE, Netherlands

valeriag6
1/19/18

booking es una empresa que ofrece hoteles a precios mas bajos que si uno se registrara en el hotel, lo he utilizado en panama y en mi propio pais. consegui excelentes precios y muy buenos lugares con desayuno incluido y demas servicios, en fechas de mucha demanda. como todo sitio online la reputacion del hotel y las condiciones de cancelacion y demas deben ser muy estudiadas para elegir el destino. la prestacion de la pagina UN EXITO

amyr161
1/18/18

We booked a hotel with booking.com in Bangkok for an overnight stay before flying home. The hotel was £55 so for Thailand not a cheap hotel. On checking in the room was vile, dirty, run down, barely fit for a rat to live in. We went to reception and advised them we where going to leave and they informed us they could not refund we had to contact booking.com. So on our return to England that is what I did, I sent them photographs of the rooms state and explained the situation. 7 Days later they have advised they cannot refund me as I should have 'picked a better hotel' their words. The difference between the photos on their site and the reality is shocking. I will NEVER use booking.com again for personal or business use, and I strongly advise you avoid them at all costs. Customer services are rude and unhelpful. Luckily on this occasion I have only lost £55 and we managed to find somewhere suitable for our family that night. However in many cases I imagine people have lost a whole lot more money.

Shocking.

breel9
1/17/18

As a small hotelier we are constantly having problems with booking.com The Cancellation policies are displayed in a misleading fashion and we receive more time wasters than genuine guests. The commissions are constantly rising. Companies like this will end up driving customers costs up as the hotel owners cannot continue absorbing the commissions - 15% of our income lost just for facilitating a reservation when we have the same facility on our own website. Book direct people and actually deal with the hotel - leave the middle man out!!! They are pocketing your possible discount!!

felixf26
1/16/18

I used a referral link I received from a friend to make a reservation.
Neither me nor my friend received a credit.
The company representatives stonewall and deny that the reservation was made using a link.
The problem is with their web implementation that does not carry a referral to another browser tab.
Bad technology and even worse handling of legitimate customer issues.

Tip for consumers: Avoid using bookings.com

ahmada63
1/15/18

Very negative experience with booking.com , they deduct my money even i did not show up in the hotel also they did not accept to change the dates or anything...they just cut the money and moved on....
watch out , and don't use them so you don't get fool ...i lost over 250$ and contact customer service but they do nothing for you after they took your money...
bottom line<<you are not important for them but your money are>> simple as this...

lionelr13
1/10/18

Booking.com who i booked thro took no responsibility for my stay which went as follows...Westerdok 692, 6 leliendaalstraat..Appalling stay.Owner lives above with shared entrance, therefore no privacy, basically staying in someone's lounge!! Detached smoke alarms no intercom etc, blocked entry way,badly converted flat . On the second night he deliberately locked us out (left his key in the lock) , we heard yellling and screaming from him, with crying children running around. On the third nght he threw us out without notice and refused to giive us our money back, because he lied to Booking.com and said the appartment was for 5 when it was only for 4 people . Avoid at all costs Cpouldn't leave a review on booking.com because we had to cancel the booking to find other accomodation.

jerryc115
1/10/18

We booked a room for five nights but due to serious illness had to leave after two nights. The hotel was sympathetic and ready to refund the unused nights but when the clerk noticed that the reservation was made through booking.com he said we had to get a refund from them. I found no way to contact the- no phone#, no email, their "contact me" page is a dead end. Once they had our money it seems they' lost interest in us.Stay away from this site.

arthurb80
1/7/18

Do not touch Booking.Com. They conned me out of my holiday. I booked a family holiday at a good price seven months in advance and paid upfront. A week before we were due to leave I received an email from them saying that the cost had tripled ! Either I would have to pay the increase or they were going to cancel. I wrote back and tried to argue that you cannot just do that to people and instead of talking about it they just cancelled everything.

They messed with our heads and ruined a family holiday with a few taps of a keyboard. NEVER NEVER trust Booking.Com. I have since discovered that they have treated many others in the same way. Booking.Com cannot be trusted. Do not give them money. Do not book through them. Above all do not trust them. In my experience they are cheats, liars and con artists. A thoroughly disgusting company that treats clients like dirt. Customers mean absolutely nothing to this company. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED by someone who did not heed the warnings of others. AVOID AT ALL COSTS OR YOU WILL PAY A HEAVY PRICE ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. A nasty business that operates in a dirty low down fashion and treats customers with utter contempt. They care nothing for anyone but themselves. No honour, no trust, no integrity.

Treat Booking. Com like you would treat a terrible infectious disease and keep well away from it.

claudiob25
1/4/18

Worst service ever, booking is terrible in customer service, they lying every time you contact them, I had a credit card cleaned up by the third party payment policies of booking.$#*!. You should be aware of what you are dealing with, I booked an hotel in HCMC and credit card was required, they said I should pay at the hotel but the payment was immediately made, contact booking they said they are not processing the payments but they will contact the structure and told me that in HCMC I didn't had to pay... BS³ at the hotel they request a new payment I refused they kicked me out and a week later they charged 2.500£ on my card. Contact booking.$#*! again no help. I get the money back from the credit card insurance 2 month later... $#*! booking.$#*!.. The hotel still in business my advice is to use Agoda, far better service and customer care. During the trip I had experience of another behaviour of booking.$#*! affiliates, overbooking. I've been refused by 3 different hostel I booked (same day of arrival), in a row. Never again with this $#*!.

carlosg88
1/3/18

BOOKED THROUGH TRIVAGO WHO WAS THE MEDIATOR FOR BOOKING.COM
and THE EXPERIENCE FROM HELL IS WHAT IT TURNED OUT TO BE...
READ THIS........ DON'T DO IT. AVOID WHAT WE WENT THROUGH
i think of what we went through the more I feel I was put in an unsafe situation.

I have traveled many places and never felt so worried and scared or seen a place like this or how everything was handled. I have never felt so unsafe.
THROUGH TRIVAGO AND THEN BOOKING.COM WE BOOKED AN RENTAL at Departamento Alto Moneda located in Santiago De Chile.

If you ever come across this... Run the other way and do not book

We were locked inside an apt me and husband could not get out because the door handle and lock was broken off. We managed to get out with a hidden knife on top of their fridge.

On a 28th floor. A phone that did not worked. An internet they said they had that did not worked. 2 small keys to one of the locks that barely worked with a plastic key chain to lock it from the outside. No way out .We found a very large sharp hidden knife on top of refrigerator and thats how we managed to open the door with much struggle to get out.

The address we were given was not the actual location of the apt they gave us.

The building and less taller building across the street with a guy on the roof top was

NO AC. Windows open. One small fan in the bedroom. The whole place not clean. Filthy bathtub and curtain.

NO internet as they said they had.

I screamed and yelled for help and no one came. When we opened the door we banged on the door across the way. The lady that had given us the key came out and she pretended like she never heard my screaming for help to be let out. Instead she showed us that the key worked on one of the several locks on the door and said that door lock had just broken. Which you could see clearly that was not fresh broken lock.
Another words you can get in but not out.

The whole place and what took place was more than sketchy.
YOU DO THE MATH!!!
We took an 8 hr flight to Chile and were supposed to visit for the two days and this experience was SO VERY crazy we left right away back to the Airport and got the first flight out back home.

WE ARE STILL CHOCKED AND SCARED FROM THIS HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.
NEVER WILL WE RETURN TO CHILE
WE HOLD THESE COMPANIES RESPONSIBLE FOR NOT VERIFYING WHO THEY DO BUSSN. WITH.

THESE BOOKING COMPANIES ARE SENDING TOURIST TO THESE PLACES AND GO BY A COUPLE REVIEWS WHICH ARE PROBABLY DONE BY THEM WHOM ARE NOT GOING TO TELL YOU EXACTLY WHERE ARE YOU SENDING PEOPLE TO WITH HONESTY

IF YOU ARE A BOOKING COMPANY YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR OWN CHECKS IN PLACE TO VERIFY THE LOCATIONS AND SITUATION OF
THE RENTALS YOU PUT OUT THERE. YOU ARE SENDING PEOPLE INTO DANGEROUS SITUATIONS TO MAKE A BUCK.

THIS WAS A HORRIBLE LESSON FOR US AS CONSUMERS. BEWARE OF THE VENDORS AND THEIR SO CALLED REVIEWS,
THESE PEOPLE DO NOT RESEARCH WHO THEY DO BUSSN. WITH.

WE WERE AT THAT PLACE NOT EVEN AN HOUR. THEY CHARGED ME FOR A DAY WHICH IM STILL THINKING OF DISPUTING WITH CARD.

THIS IS SHAMEFUL WHAT HAPPENED TO US AND WORRIED SOME AS WELL

lorraineb45
1/3/18

Booked through booking.com to stay at Hotel Jardim Portugal, they had presented some great Photographs and some good reviews so thought as doing a holiday on a shoe string this looked great (Did not expect the Ritz) on arrival beds covered in stains, dead bugs all over and a disgusting cat urine smell.
We politely advised the staff who said they could check us out the next day as they did not have extra rooms, but understood our horror at state of room, they took time to explain they were upgrading and unfortunately that's why it was such a mess.
They gave us fresh bedding and hovered quickly for us (Done best they could at 11pm) we decided to go out for night and party so we did not have to stay in room, we promptly checked out next day and found another apartment.

On our return to the UK we informed booking.com and the hotel we wished for refund, no answer for 6 weeks then an answer from the hotel saying they would refund.

3 months later no refund and 12 emails to both from myself, 6 calls which were hung up by booking.com and 200 euro out of pocket.

Crooks selling an item that isn't fit for purpose!!!!

zainabi1
1/2/18

NEVER use booking an awful website and they do not take care of their customers. It happened to me twice where my booking did not go through.

christianc46
1/2/18

Last week my wife and I spent a week in London near Paddington Station.
The area there is filled with Hotels, in every price category.
We saw accommodatins from as low as 19 Pound per night including a full English Breakfast, to 550 Pound per night at first class Hotels. But, our hotel was nearly fully booked (through Booking.com) and the accommodations were horrendous. We saw nearly identical accommodations around the corner for less than half of what we paid, and we saw very nice accommocations literally accross the street from our hotel for exactly what we paid. Yet at the time, we were booking (October) the rooms, Booking.com was telling us we were getting the best possible prices in the best locations. While perusing the London Newspapers, we spotted an article on the Front Page of The Times (Dec. 30) with the headline : "Travel firms dupe buyers with bogus cheap deals". We read the article and although it did not mention Booking .com directly, it described their tactics to the T
I will never use Booking .com again, but will find some other method for booking hotels even if it takes using Google Street View to find Hotels in the areas I want to go.

daniell1726
1/1/18

Lying cheating scumbags who I will never use again. Avoid using this company unless you want to get charged for rooms you thought you had legitimately cancelled.
After I had cancelled my booking a second booking mysteriously appeared on their site as if I had accidentally duplicated my booking.
This happened to me on 2 occasions.
The first occasions I did doubt maybe I had double booked.
The second occasions it happened I was 100% sure I hadn't duplicated my booking.
They even said I had made the duplicate booking on a different day to the original(Christmas day) I only book using my home computer and I was away until boxing day.
When I confronted them with the facts they said somebody must be hacking my computer and making the double booking on my behalf???
I am now out of pocket for 2 bookings which I never made.
The first time I gave them the benefit of doubt.
There is something seriously dodgy about this company that will come out in the wash. They are playing the system to trick unsuspecting honest customers.

margaretl79
12/31/17

THE KEY ISSUES ARE: INFORMATION PROVIDED ON BOOKING.COM's SITE IS DECEIVING AND THE BOOKING PROCESS IS VERY TRICKY.

The first step I took was to book the hotel for one night and great that it offers free cancellation so that I have time to plan my trip. Then, I thought to myself that it is better to book one more night on the safe side so I changed the date to the 20th instead of 19th. After I received the confirmation email from Booking.com to my email, then I saw texts which clearly state that there is a cost to cancel the booking and "Changing the dates of your stay is not possible." I also read that the hotel is undergoing constructions works! Furthermore, under the Call-to-Action button "I'll reserve", the texts actually blink and I didn't see the words "confirmation is immediate".

larryc120
12/28/17

Booked a Hotel in St. Maartens to go to Tortolla, all flights out to Tortolla were
cancelled due to the Hurricane. Booking.com indicated that I would get a refund on the Hotel, then kept sending the same information request, which I provided 4 times.
Finally gave up and had to go directly to the hotel for the refund. Do not use them if you want good customer service.

wesb18
12/25/17

I just went online to check my credit card account and what do I find, a charge from Poulsbo Inn & Suites for $103.23. I called this property to let them know I would not be able to use my reservations for one night, because of the snow storm we had in our area. They told me that I had to cancel this reservation with booking.com, so I tried to accomplish this on their web site, but I was unable to access this feature. If it truly is accessible . Shame on both of these businesses.

stuartb76
12/20/17

I have never used the words "please share" on social media so you can assume that, if I do, I mean it. DO NOT BOOK A HOTEL WITH BOOKING.COM. There, I have said it. This is a scam - I know because I have fallen for it, twice in the past two months (well once me and once my partner). This is what happens. You book a room with breakfast, which is (at their cheapest rates) non-cancellable. You get the notification through from the hotel which (assuming you read it) excludes breakfast. You contact booking.com to correct this. They claim the rate never included breakfast. Of course you have no proof that it did. You try to cancel but they point out you have a non-cancellable room so you can't. In that way you end up paying a much higher rate than the room (without breakfast) is worth.

(To add insult to injury tonight's conversation included the line "you should have contacted us earlier we could have dealt with it - ironic given that's exactly what my partner did last time - she contacted them the second she received the notification - and got nowhere).

There are plenty of alternatives out there to booking.com. I have never had a bad experience with the others. I have had two identical ones in two months with booking,com. Once might be an error and is forgiveable. Twice is scam territory (and more fool me too frankly). So choose someone else if you don't want to get ripped off.

ayisheao
12/16/17

Totally disgusted booked a room for end of January, the site said I would not have to pay until I check in, money came straight out my account which left me overdrawn, then I had to cancel due to change of plans, again site said no cancellation fees, but then emailed me say that the cancellation price was the same as the room price, will never use this site again, not happy at all

carmena26
12/11/17

Its a shame that although I would not recommend this site I feel like I'm forced to use it as it offers a wide variety of locations and places to stay that I would never find searching the net, but it leaves you open to fake reviews, old pics and overpriced dirt accommodation that once you've paid for it its impossible to get your money back!!
We were in Liverpool for an event at the Echo Arena, which was a fab night, but was ruined by the dreadful taxi services and the disgustingly appalling accommodation we booked into.
Richmond Apartments (Richmond Hotels) above the Richmond pub, 32 williamson street, Liverpool, L1 1EB, United Kingdom, noisy, dirty to the point we were finding hair in the beds and in the showers, used condoms in the drawers, food left in the fridge which was past it's use by date, lightbulbs not working, broken windows and broken fire alarm, cigarette butts and empty beer cans left behind furniture and lightbulbs not working.
I would not recommend this place to stay ever. There is no mention on the advert that this property is above a pub where they have speakers on the outside wall blaring out music all night long.
We refused to sleep in the beds, I slept fully clothed in my fir coat on top of the bed. We were up and out of the apartment as soon as we could.
It was a nightmare trying to get our refund on the key fob. The bar manager who I suspect also owns the property, even though he denied he was the owner, locked away the money but told me it would be behind the bar to collect when we left, but he hadn't left it. One of the bar staff had to got to the cashpoint withdraw his own money to give us our refund.
The décor may look nice in the carefully selected photos, but this apartment was dirty, no one bothered to clean before we arrived even though we booked months in advance and informed them on several occasions of our arrival time. They took the £770 weeks before but when I complained to the bar manager asking for a refund we got fobbed off with lies.
Called the contact number we were given on several occasions, no one picks up.
Hands down the WORST property I have ever stayed at in my entire life. Booking.com would do well to remove this property from their listings. Even if it were clean it would not be worth £770.
Be prepared to walk up approx. 6 flights of stairs to get to the top floor.
Dirty dirty place... Booking,com you should be ashamed, you put your reputation at risk by allowing cads like this to advertise property that is not clean, take money upfront for properties we are unable to cancel. When you try to contact their customer service team on a local UK number someone speaking a foreign language picks up! Better vetting is required Booking.com and better customer service.

johns2040
12/9/17

I book a room for one dates then the dates was changed some how for dates that i didn't need my card was charged because i was considered a no call no show so I was told I was just out of my money they couldn't do anything i will never use booking.com again

danijelab
12/8/17

I have booked my apartment over booking.com in Belgrade, Serbia. After showing up at the apartment at the arranged time, the renter cancelled the apartment last minute, while I was in front of the building! I was forced to look for a new apartment in the foreign city that I don't really know at the last minute and I was late for my business appointment due to that. After contacting booking. com, all they offered is an apology and a ridiculous compensation of 40 $. By advertising non-credible and non-professional renters, booking. com is supporting their behavior and while collecting their fee from the renter and the traveller, they offer no guarantee to the travelers that their service is trustworthy and professional. I will not be using booking. com again. I will switch to other accommodation sites that are more reliable.

markb453
12/5/17

Booking.com is way more expensive & they will charge you extra charges on your credit card & take forever to refund you

fionan6
12/1/17

I booked with booking.com two month before my Chiristmas travel, and the payment is non-refundable, but it is cancel today when I see on my personal page! It is said my credit card cannot go through, but I got the confirmation when I booked with it, it is confirmed! But now, it is canceled! And I have to pay 100 pound more if I want to book the same sea view room today!

johnb1008
12/1/17

Arizona Golf Resort is a very nice golf course Staff was all very friendly, especially Brittnay on the beverage cart.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

In my case they took my payment information and paid the hotel where I was going to be staying. Only to find out that the hotel was out of business and I had to prove that it was charged to my account. They did not find me a replacement hotel to stay in for the same price. Nor did they care that I was left without a place to stay. So beware before you purchase.

By Janice R.

Don't waste time with booking.com. They have horrible customer service and will make every attempt to cheat you. Simply report the problem to your credit card company to get your refund.

By really n.

You pay a non refundable price on line. When you check into your hotel, it's billed to your Bookings.com reservation plus incidentals (local calls,parking fees,resort fees, dining,bar fees, Europe charges local or city tax, spa fees....) the hotel will ask for a card as a hold for these fees. Use bookings.com, find the hotel you wish to stay in (get all info and contact them directly via website and price match) the Marriott in Rome had a room for $80.00 less on the Marriott website than these , so called MONEY SAVING SITES.

By China m.

Girl are you KIDDING? Did you not read my review? They promised me a $50 refund for not provding the room I paid for and I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED IT. You expect to give you a frequent customer discount? LOL LOL LOL

By Ed A.

Trevago is hooked into Booking.com don't make a mistake and let trevago send you to booking.com go to Hotel.com which is more professional. I had to go to American Express customer serviced to complain and they gave a dead line for explanation. They had no explanation for crappy service and had to repay me.

By Atno S.

Good luck. Booking likes to advertise the lowest fare and then bait and switch. Very unscrupulous company. They leave you holding the bag and don' are.

By William C.

It is about time to stop giving credit card details to make a booking, they should not ask people to expose their details un-crypted. A booking is just a booking it should NOT require any kind of commitment or payment in advance.

By Grow U.

You can't. That's the whole idea. You provide a service, and your customers get to give their review of your place and your services.

By Link A.

Yes. You pay the ENTIRE AMOUNT at the time if booking. The reservation is subject to the sites terms regarding cancellations & changes, so read these terms carefully before hitting the pay button. IMPORTANT: As a word to the wise, do not ever use your debit card, check, wire transfer, certified check or cash to pay. Always use a major credit card (I like American Express) so if there is ever a serious problem with the hotel, or the reservation in general, you can file a complaint with your credit card company to reverse the charge. If you pay by other debit card, they take the money out of your bank account immediately. It is like cash and you're going to have very little recourse or leverage to get your money back. Hope this advise helps.

By Beth K.

NOT BOOKING.CON

By tracey v.
Questions? Get answers from the Booking.com staff and other customers.

51 Photos for Booking.com