Yankee Candle

Yankee Candle has a consumer rating of 1.56 stars from 108 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Yankee Candle most frequently mention customer service, credit card and order online problems. Yankee Candle ranks 59th among Candles sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 9.5%

No positive highlights yet

• I get system malfunctions happen but customer service was not good as they just told me to leave.
How would you rate Yankee Candle?

“GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Deborah B.
2/10/20

I emailed Yankee on January 16,2020 regarding an issue with a cancelled order. Deborah S. From Fundraising, reponded within 2.5 hours. I emailed Deborah today and she called me within 15 minutes. Incredible service AND Deborah was professional, kind & understanding. THANK YOU Debbie for handling my situation so well.

“Negative online experience”

Jovan R.
3/1/20

I had a very negative online experience I had a very negative online experience over the holidays. My items were weeks late and my credit card was over charged. I called customer service multiple times and each time I never got through due to excessive hold times. I sent over 12 emails, with no response. My concerns are still not resolved. Do not purchase from the online store.

customer service (31)
jovanr2
March 1st, 2020
I had a very negative online experience
donnal435
January 29th, 2020
One of the candles I received in my order arrived broken. I called and was told I'd receive a replacement. That order was cancelled for some reason. I called again and spent at least 30 minutes on the phone, was told that it would be sent, and for me not to cancel it this time. I didn't cancel anything. It's been over a month and I have still not received the replacement or my money back. I used to order frequently but NEVER again! Bath and Body Works is much better in every way!
kimberlip3
December 12th, 2020
Worst experiences the last three times ordering online one can even imagine! They CONTINUOUSLY cancel part or all of orders. The first two times I ordered items that were 'low stock' so those were ALL canceled (10 in total). This last time I had 14 candles and two room sprays. All were 'IN STOCK' and low and behold... order canceled! WTF! This company bites **s. I decided I'm done with paraffin wax anyway. I'll be dam ed if I give my business to a company that can't run a company!
aprill239
May 5th, 2020
I ordered over $150 in products that I didn't receive. I emailed customer care requesting a refund and they took a long time to respond. They still haven't issued my refund but decided to close my file and decided the matter was taken care of satisfactorily. By not issuing my requested refund? The products were bought in Feb. And it's now May. Repeated follow up emails have gone ignored. Don't give this company your money; you may not get your product or your money back!
deborahb601
February 10th, 2020
maryf688
December 13th, 2019
I placed my order for Xmas gifts Dec. 6... 7 days later and no shipping confirmation... per site the items are in warehouse. Have emailed for the last 3 days without any response except for computer generated confirmation with a case number.
I always loved Yankee Candle but I swear I will never go back. Way to mess up Xmas YC! I'll be shopping at Clair Burke from here out.
shylahs1
December 16th, 2019
Their promotional codes don't work that they advertised. I tried to contact customer service and got a generic response a week later, long after the promotion expired and I had made my purchases. One of the items got cancelled for lack of inventory and another arrived shattered into pieces with no response from Yankee Candle.
katij6
March 5th, 2020
I used to love Yankee Candle and purchased all my candles from them. Over the last couple years however it seems their customer service has gone downhill and I prefer to purchase from other retailers such as Bath and Body Works. Yankee Candle has closed almost all their stores in my area so I have to drive across town to the only one left to shop. Recently I got there and was told their system wasn't processing payments so I should leave. I did some other shopping and came back later that day and was told the same thing. I get system malfunctions happen but customer service was not good as they just told me to leave. I went home and ordered the candles online since my coupon was expiring that day. I hate ordering online from Yankee Candle because they take FOREVER to process your order and then FOREVER to ship it and have it delivered. It usually takes at least 2 full weeks to get an order I placed online and it's frustrating because they send you tracking info that does not update and just tells you your order is "in the warehouse". They are good candles and I love them when I have them but it seems like getting them is becoming more and more in inconvenient.
bb459
December 5th, 2020
I ordered six candles as Christmas gifts last night to wake up to an email that the order has been canceled. It would be best if they could keep their site updated of what is in stock to not give false hope, and have you go through the ordering process just to find out you'll never receive them.
at99
December 18th, 2018
Emails every day... So annoying! Yes I did unsubscribe. Yes I did go to my account and make sure my preferences were set correctly. I finally had to mark them as spam which I hate to do for legitimate businesses. It took about a week for them to get the product out of their warehouse but once on the road it go here in a reasonable amount of time. So be patient on delivery time. Product is fine. (got melt cups). Took off a star for the email annoyance.
megs65
January 16th, 2020
Order Candles when they had the 5 for $55 sale. I have gotten the same scents in the past, but not sure if this was a bad batch but they have no smell at all! Seems like their quality is going down hill, why sell candles with scents if they don't give off any. Last purchase from Yankee candle.
tg117
December 11th, 2019
Wait 48 minutes to get someone on the phone and customer service number goes to the Philippines and they don't have any different answers than when you go online and enter your order number. DO NOT CALL, it's pointless. I placed this order 7 days ago, still has not shipped and customer service tells me it can take up to 8 days to be delivered once it does ship, which no one can tell me when that will be. What a mess, if you want these candles, just go to the store.
liamj40
July 9th, 2020
Yankee Candle sent me over $400 worth of Scent Plugs and other products that were partially or completely damaged, which besides not working also leaked all over the floor and carpets of my new office. Customer service was no real help and made any type of return an impossible process. I have been a loyal customer for years, spending $100s per order, but will never be buying from them again. Faulty products, even though it was all in the order, is a small problem compared to the complete disregard shown by customer service. I'm now out my money, have to get the carpets cleaned, and have to buy another product to supply my office, done with Yankee Candle!
jemia1
December 11th, 2020
I have shopped at Yankee candles online throughout the whole pandemic and can safely say that I enjoy the experience most of the time. Sometimes I've had trouble with their check out, but they run sales and give you discount coupons pretty often so I end up getting my candles for quite cheap. I've never had any problems with shipping, all the items arrive wrapped carefully and sometimes even in separate boxes.
As for the scents, there are some scents that are much stronger than others. I've noticed that the square shaped candle jars last me longer than the round ones, so that's a little sad because it narrows down my selection. Their latest Christmas scents are lovely, and I recommend them.
Also pro tip: if you shop here a few times, Yankee Candle sends you discount coupons also for other stores like nakedwines.
michelleh883
April 6th, 2020
In January, the petite WoodWick candle burned through its holder leaving a burn mark in my tub. I immediately contacted Yankee Candle. Let's just say it isn't going well. It's now April 6,2020 and still unresolved. Spoke to customer service... they were pretty useless. Requested supervisor. Was disconnected several times then put on hold for quite some time. Finally was told it's in proper dept as priority. (Sent estimate for repair) supervisor on 3 separate occasions was to get back to me. Never did. I called again last week & spoke to new supervisor. Same old story. I even wrote their corporate office about everything & nobody got in touch with me. Their defective candle could have burned my house down. The estimate was not a lot
Of money ($275) A business as large as YC should have handled this much better. I cannot tell you how irresponsible the company is. I'm still trying to get my tub fixed. They should be ashamed of themselves. They certainly do not put customers first or respect their customers. I have numerous emails to them & numerous phone calls made to them & they don't care. I will NEVER purchase anything by them again.
robinl32
September 2nd, 2014
I bought a few candles. One for myself, two others last Christmas as gifts. One of the candles scent was very weak (kept that one for myself). The other two were just fine. Fast shipping
caitlens1
April 10th, 2020
I ordered candles online April 4th. When checking my order, the status had not change. With the understanding of delays with orders being shipped, a response or some type of communication would have been nice. I emailed customer service 3 days later and received no response. Emailed again 2 days later, no response. And still when checking on the website, nothing was happening. My order hadn't even been touched, although they had no problem charging my card. The lack of communication by this company is unacceptable. They don't even have any type of time frames on their website to say that it will take WEEKS to even process an order. Seeing that most people are working from home, you would think an email response would be possible. I even called customer service and spoke with someone who had terrible cell service and eventually ended up hanging up. This has been the most disappointing and frustrating experience ever.
lauram221
December 23rd, 2019
I ordered online during the promo for buy 3 get 3 free. After they shipped my incomplete order I received an email saying they were out of 2 items. I was never asked if I would like a different scent, why would they they were free! Over an hour and still on hold! Never again, I can go to Kohl's, Hallmark etc. to get a Yankee Candle. For such a large company I'm very disappointed in their treatment of loyal customers! Try candles from Bath and Body or Old World Market! Better than Yankee Candle!
maryt1033
November 15th, 2020
Went in the store with the intention to use a $10 off $25 coupon. I found $25 worth of items and went to check out. The cashier informed me I couldn't use the coupon on sale items and 5 of the 6 items I had were sale items. Pretty much the whole store was on sale. So I left only purchasing 1 item. Yankee lost $15 worth of sales, to bad they would have let me use the coupon!
shannonc68
August 26th, 2020
I ordered a lot of candles on sale. They emailed saying we were unable to ship one or more items. They canceled ALL but one candle! No explanation in email. I called and they said candles were out of stock. But when I checked their site, sure as $#*!, they show in stock! They just didn't want to sell them for the $6.63 price they had on them! FALSE ADVERTISING!
Then they wasted a bunch of my time with emails saying they would make it right, asking me a bunch of info about my order, saying someone would call me to reorder. Weeks later... crickets. Bull$#*!!
Shady business I will STAY AWAY from. NEVER shopping there again.
peggyp144
December 17th, 2019
Yankee Candle has the worst customer service. Wait on hold for hours and no help. Items ordered weeks ago still not shipped. Not helpful if I order a gift and it does not arrive in time for the holiday. Can't even get a hold of anyone to cancel. RIDICULOUS! I am done with this company. Second bad experience in a month and now I am mortified a gift won't be received on time. Thanks for nothing.
marilynz18
December 14th, 2019
I placed an order on December 3 and still not received a shipping confirmation as of December 14. I need these ten candles for gifts for co-workers on December 18. I sent an email and a contact through the website and have not received a response. In addition, I called the customer service number and have now been on hold for one hour and 30 minutes.

I will never again shop at Yankee Candle and cannot imagine how they remain in business with such horrible business practices.
lawrencem163
December 12th, 2019
UPDATE: My order arrived on December 14 via FedEx, exactly correct and complete, safe and sound and securely packed. Oddly, the order status on the YC web site still says "in warehouse", and--as far as I can tell--my credit card has not yet been charged. I have not yet received a communication from YC beyond the initial order acknowledgement on December 4.

ORIGINAL: On December 4, I ordered 3 Woodwick candles. Their web site promptly said that the candles were "in warehouse", so I expected them to ship the next day.
No such luck. Today, December 12, my order is still "in warehouse". When I try to call, I am told that the wait time may be more than an hour. (That is unacceptable.) On December 10 I submitted this issue on their web site. I received an immediate acknowledgement of my submission, but nothing since.
tracyo70
December 11th, 2019
No news ont order so called customer service. Sat on hold for 1h26m, only to have Ray answer and say he couldn't hear me and hung up. Today I sat for 2h5m and this time a women who's name I couldn't catch/understand did exactly the same thing. Trust me, there is nothing wrong with my phone. Emails don't get replies either. This is not the Yankee Candle I used to order from. Tragic!
rachels200
December 28th, 2017
This is an awesome candle site and the candles are absolutely fabulous. They last for a long time and the scent is strong but not overpowering. I would recommend these to anyone

Hi I don't know which number you are trying to reach them. This one is the one I called 877-803-6890 twice today and both case someone at least answer. They don't fix the situation but did answer. Also have with you order number, your personal information like address, name, phone. Good luck

By Glorimar V.