Review of XE

Tel: (844) 505 - 8407
transfers.na@xe.com

nigell28
6/21/19

These people are scam artists. After cancelling the transaction, I checked my online account only to see that they taken out $3700 from my account. Why do you take the money if the transaction is already cancelled? They are scam artists. They tell me to ask my bank for a recall. And my banks says they can not recall an ACH transfer. Obviously they already know that. Another scam tactic. I have talked to my lawyer and a fraud investigation will be opened against them. Never use these scam artists.

romans82
6/17/19

They took money from bank account on Monday.
Tuesday they couldn't proceed with a transfer with no reason.
Same day I provided all document to support my transfer.
Thursday they sent me email stated that they could not verify the info and my account is closed.
Upon speaking with representative they offer me to go to my bank and recall ACH transfer. After speaking with bank representative I was told that there is no way to recall ACH transfer from my bank and its something has to be done from their end.
After telling them that I will open fraud investigation they were able to issue a refund.
Bottom line never again.
Customer service representative Erika was helpful though!

jamesw1121
6/10/19

Too many questions associated with "investigations" for a simple money transfer to family.
XE person asked why my daughter has not changed her Chinese family name to husbands name who has European family name. I found it as racial harassment. there have been many other stupid hale storm of questions from XE. It looks like they are bored and like to know the hole life story and CV for each simple money transfer.

carolb624
5/15/19

They'd take your money and never return it. I still have my £4,000 with them for over 2 months now and they're not even talking about sending my money to the destination neither are they refunding back my money. You'd call them till you get tired. To top it all, they deleted my account. Don't use XE. I repeat, don't use XE MONEY TRANSFER

seanl125
5/9/19

DO NOT USE THEM. I was a former HIFX customer and I thought that using XE would be fine after they took over. I was wrong. They couldn't make a simple transfer to China using IBAN/SWIFT. Wasted pretty much a week and lost money to convert it back to USD. Viash Sreemuntoo was the corporate trader I dealt with and he was not helpful whatsoever.

davidc1671
5/1/19

All i can say is wow.. These guys give you bank account numbers to transfer money into that don't exist at the bank (called them and asked) then you email them (as the local branch that you try to call is closed!!) and no one else will help you in any country, they just tell you to call back tomorrow when they are open.. so you can't get any replies, we tried to cancel it same day and now they get back to us 3 days later via email saying why can't you do this, you owe us these fee's in lost funds, the dollar went down since then so they haven't lost crap.. they have gained! and if there customer service was up to scratch, this could of been settled same night we did it! you call any other money transfer service like OFX and they answer and help you no matter what country your in! Such unprofessional run business! should of taken notice of the reviews instead of thinking with my head with the slighly higher rates.. i highly recommend not to use these guys

rh281
4/17/19

This service is good only when everything is going smoothly. As soon as you hit a problem (e.g. goods not being delivered , contract not being honoured!) do not rely on XE to recoup your money if you made an international payment and you ask for a refund more than 10 days after your payment was made. If the international payment is made by credit / debit card or through a normal bank transfer, it would not be a problem to recall the payment. But not with XE. The staff is unsympathetic and some of them quite rude and you could be in a situation where you could never get your money back, just due to them. They are blaming all on Bank of America (which apparently is behind the XE transfers) however XE are responsible for the transfer and they should respect the financial regulations and try to help.

lesleyp26
4/9/19

They took my money then started to interrogate me like they were nazis. Wanted to know what my money was being used for. Then when I said I'd cancel transaction was told I couldn't as it was being investigated and if they cancelled I would pay charges. All other companies I've used have refunded me in full. I hope they are not scammers themselves

eduardog29
4/3/19

I opened an account with intentions to move real state funds from US to Europe, before I was able to do y first transaction my account was frozen - 'unable to transfer money' with the label of being 'high risk' - they will not tell me why;
I have good credit and no 'risk' as far as I know - and is irritating to think they migh know something that is 'high risk' which I could take care of - but they keep it away from me... anyways, I was a little reassuring after I read how many bad reviews they already have, figured I add on more!.

paulg569
2/11/19

Do Not Use This App/Service - I do not send money overseas often but XE popped up as an option when looking to send my parents a Christmas present and most of the reviews spoke highly of the experience. While they don't charge fees there is no guarantee that the money will make it to the intended recipient and no way for them to track the money down once it "disappears". I've been waiting 3 months for my money to arrive and no one at XE can tell me where it is or when it'll surface. Next time I'll pay the bank fees and sleep easy.

The customer support is responsive and they're generally very helpful, useless but helpful.

rabbis
1/16/19

So i set up an account and made a transfer. AFETR i made it, the company demanded all kinds of invasive and irrelevant information from me like my career history. Obviously i refused and they blocked the transaction and stole my money.
AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

phild100
1/14/19

Don't go thereDon't go thereDon't go thereDon't go thereDon't go thereDon't go there
Don't go thereDon't go there

pedramf
12/25/18

Last minute glitches preventing a routine wire to my mom's account resulting in expiry of a quoted rate.

dianam263
12/7/18

Unable to open an account with them despite providing all the required documentation. They request a phone call to clarify some 'error' but I have no means to do so. But to receive some sales phone calls- I received 3 of them straight away, one of them at 6:30am with no apologies for waking me up at this early hour.
What a joke!
I wanted to transfer quite a substantial amount but won't be doing it with them.

tamarah66
12/3/18

Signed up last week after a friend recommended, open the account, entered all my personal info and bank details only to get an email hours later saying my transfer was cancelled and my account closed , i thought nothing of it until yesterday when checking my online statement to find $3400 had been taken from my account along with an email saying they "accidently" took out the money even though the transfer was cancelled and i would have to contact my bank, bank said theres nothing they can do on their end so now im pretty much stuck waiting on XE reversing the money which i needed to have been recieved days ago, do not do business with them, completely useless company.

trevorg46
11/26/18

tl;dr: just use TransferWise instead - it's easier and much, much faster.

I had used XE for years - probably close to a decade - and hadn't needed to use my account for perhaps 1 or 2 years. I needed to send GBP 50 from my US personal account to my UK personal account, both of which I'd had registered for some time with XE (at least a few years). With no notification, they reversed my transfer and froze my account. I only found out when I followed up on the website to check the status of my transfer. I called on a Sunday and got their friendly New Zealand call center that couldn't help me with my issue and advised me to call back on Monday to get the North American office. I called back on Monday (today) and did get the US call center. The person was friendly and (manually) initiated my refund (which I feel should have been done automatically). I followed up with the reason as to why my account was frozen and, after a brief hold, was politely but directly told that a new audit had deemed me outside of their risk tolerance and that they "could no longer help me with future transfers."

While I fault the refund not being automatic as soon as it was denied, I cannot fault the customer service of the call center agents, who were both polite, friendly, and professional. However, between my first call around noon on Sunday and my second call at 11:45 on Monday, I was able to set up a TransferWise account, send two USD to GBP transfers, and have the funds arrive in my UK account. TrasnferWise leaves XE in the dust, so if you have not yet moved to TransferWise, do it now!

fawada4
10/29/18

PLEASE GUYS DO NOT USE THIS $#*!TY Money transfer service. these guys are Fake!

your money will get STUCK FOREVER.its

jeremyt60
9/12/18

This review is about the XE sold last year to a bunch of Yahoo's. Prior to this sale, I had transferred hundreds of thousands of dollars with XE without a single problem until yesterday... Mid-transaction, after receiving my trade confirnarion, XE's "verification team" decided that I was a risk, and cancelled the order. They then proceeded to not contact me about this issue, close my account, and not refund the money that was sent to them to fund the exchange a week earlier.

After a couple days of not seeing the funds in my Aussie account, I called XE to see what was up. Talking to their Canadian and New Zealand office was pointless as they 'had no access to help and could not offer me details". Finally on the third try, I got their US office who gave me their twisted tale, refused to tell me why I was deemed a risk (as per their policy), and told that I needed to request my bank to do a "charge-back" on an ACH transaction. They also were unable to escalate me, and informed me that no contact between clients and their mysterious "Verification Team" was allowed.

Finally after calling back every hour for a whole afternoon, reminding them that they were stranding my wife and young children in a foreign country, threatening to contact the media for help, and flat out accusing them of stealing, they finally got the point and refunded the money. I can only imagine how many people less familiar with banking and foreign exchange have been caught up in their terrible BS...

Bottom line, post sale, this is not the efficient pain-free Foreign Exchange company of past. Now they are a rude, questionably competent company, that does not honor their deals nor communicate with customers willingly. They hide behind their onerous terms of service and have trained their staff to confuse and obscure instead of assist. Please do not do business with them to save yourself a lot of time and effort if things go wrong...

oliverh50
9/8/18

Left me stranded in the US for 5 days because of their errors and inaction/slowness. Poor wording on routing code/number caused 2 days delay (even the company in the US I was forwarding to was confounded by their wording--this company is used to receiving international transfers), then massive totally unnecessary delays in redoing the actual transfer from their US bank account to the company in the US that I wanted to pay, even though I had already sent xe.com the money a week earlier. This left me stranded for 3 further days. STAY AWAY!

manishk40
7/26/18

This company has the worst customer service that any any company can possibly provide. There is lack of management as they absolutely do not care even for a loyal customer who has given this company a business for over a decade.They are so screwed up as they repeatedly ask the same question in the name of compliance. They will restrict your account with no communication and does not matter how many times you provide them with the same information. They are so disorganized as in the company's management left hand does not know what right hand is doing. Different agents tell you different stories with no facts whatsoever. They will screw up things and make you suffer with a great deal of inconvenience and frustration. Stay away from this company at any cost.

gerryyvonnes
6/2/18

They seemed to have self destructed overnight. Just read some of the recent negative reviews. Without ranting, I experienced many of the same problems. The worst was 'Team Leader' Jonathan McGuire passing himself off as the 'highest in management' I could speak with. Condescending, weeks passing while they held my money, refusing to return it. Called up Knightsbridge Exchange. They had my transaction completed in 2 days, no problems.

mikes1046
6/1/18

All I can say--SCAM!!!! I had set up an account and thought I was all ready to go when all of the sudden-they locked my account for NO REASON. Long story short, I was NOT able to do a transfer in time for the great rate and lost money. INCOMPETENT TEAM and COMPANY. I would give them ZERO stars...

briana270
5/24/18

Very condescending and cold when they speak or email you. Their tone is impolite and they seem to have the attitude that they are doing you a favor. I have not come across too many cases of this kind of behavior, especially when all I did was to apply for a new account (i.e. I did not have any kind of disagreements or arguments with them to warrant such behavior). Their customer service calls at 5am in the morning and then emails and says to me that they called me "several times". I would imagine that a good customer service team would be able to figure out the time zone based on the application details.

mileny
4/24/18

Seriously, people, PLEASE stay as far as you can from these scammers - their website menus are really hard to understand and that's just the tip of the iceberg. They are extremely slow to react and it took me weeks and endless phone calls (most of the time the people I tried to call were on voicemail) to convert a personal account into a business one. All I wanted was to send some money to an overseas supplier. But I created the wrong type of account and this opened Pandora's box. I wired them $3000 to be sent to my supplier and have been on the phone for a week now, trying to transfer the funds from the personal to the business account so I can wire it. Eventually I got fed up and asked to get the funds back but they do not give up that easily - there is always an excuse "This takes time, that takes time, this person is on vacation, that person is absent". This is the worst case of lack of service and coordination I have ever experienced, by a margin.

gilbertt13
3/2/18

I am from Canada and I live in Thailand for 6 months year. Having a thai bank account here i want to trandfer money for my living. About 3000$
Every 2 months or so. You know what! They block me. I have to be in Canada to transfer!! Or good is that!

With a large amount of people now travelling for long period of time. are they blocking everyone!

I succeed to make a test transfer of 200$ to see how it work and after that i was BLOCKED.

Really not serious!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

They are EVIL CROOKS who stole my money and refuse to give it back to me. I already went to the police station to file a report!

By Dave G.

Be careful  they just did this to me.  I was expecting a deposit into my xe account. I got text message to confirm deposit, then numerous emails and calls to make deals, then they tell me once I accepted,that the funds weren't mine, and that they accidentally deposited someone else's funds into my account.  I sent the converted equivalent back to them so now the other customer has all of their money back, but they want the difference in conversion to make their own greedy profit, and have threatened debt collection agency onto me.

By Jacob W.

Yes, xe.com, answer this guy's question and tell everybody here what you told me! And please give me my money back!

By Dave G.

They took money from my account on January 12th, 2018. Now it is January 26th, 2018, and they still did not give me my money back.

By Dave G.

Questions? Get answers from the XE staff and other customers.

2 Photos for XE