US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

charismam

I've never dealt with a person from TU so I can't attest to customer service. (in 215 reviews)

kimberlyp14

I don't understand all the negative reviews about selling items. What did you expect? (in 1,002 reviews)

jenniferm189

I sent in very high quality clothes (primarily Theory). (in 911 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

emelyr
7/29/16

When i read the reviews i thought oh it will be ffineBut my clothes doesnt look like the picture and the clothes is so different. It is unbelievable.Am so pissed. But im kind of glad i got a size bigger.DO NOT BUY OR SELL TO OR FROM THIS WEBSITE

jillj26
7/29/16

I sent such a high quality and condition of the baby clothes and received only $12 for it. It does make absolutely no sense, their prices so I would never recommend to use this site and company to sell items.

reannas
7/28/16

Very pleased with my order of 19 items, including 4 holister jeans and 3 American eagle jeans; Victoria secret PINK shirts and very classy blouses for work and everyday wear. ALL FOR $104.67. I couldn't be more happy I found this website. I have referred my family and friends. Its nice to stay in fashion when you have a family of 6 to provide for. I won't be shopping anywhere else!!

helenh55
7/28/16

I have been using thredup for a longtime now. I have never had an issue.

buzzp1
7/27/16

My wife had a thredup account. She tried to get more bags after all hers were processed. Got a message saying could take up to 16 weeks. That was 2 months ago.
So I opened an account in my name and ordered 3 bags which I received in 2 days. My wife's bags were averaging over $70 payout. Looks like thredup is looking more for new buyers than any sellers.
Now they are charging $6.99 shipping for the bag and $6.99 to recycle anything rejected, even if it is only one item. So you are $13.98 in the hole before you even start. Oh, and now $16.98 to have anything returned to you.
And two lowest tiers have been halved, so if thredup sells an item for $19.99, you get $1.99.
So you must sell 7 item at 19.99 to break even. Gonna be a lot of mad customers, when they discover they owe thredup money for the bag of clothes they sent them.

taylorm86
7/23/16

Says free returns but when you go to return they only refund hafe price for the product you purchased
Like I purchased some $30 jeans and they didn't fit I'm thinking no biggy I'll return and buy some more then I clicked on return going through the process then saw they would only refund $14.69 for some $#*!in jeans I bought for $30 and didn't fit I will never buy anything from them again I learned my lesson
This website has to many issues don't do any business with them buy or sale

jn51
7/22/16

Much like other sellers have noted, you could make a LOT more off of ebay. I sent three huge bags. Thredup sent an apology note saying they wouldn't be looked through until July 15. Okay, fine. Come July 15...nothing. No email, no nothing. I logged on and saw that the date had been pushed back but I received no communication from Thredup.

Just finally had one of the bags looked through full of new items, probably a good 40 pieces I easily could've sold as a lot on ebay and they gave me $5 bucks. LOL! I had name-brand suit sets, blazers, blouses, many of which had never been worn. These people are ridiculous.

Never again. I will go through the trouble of listing them on ebay, or donate to charity myself and take the tax deduction.

stacyn10
7/21/16

I was alerted to Thred Up by You Tuber, At Home With Nikki. The touted the bargains she found there in preparing for her summer trip. I decided to try ThredUp because I was unable to find some cargo pants in local stores. I found what I was looking for and more. Even though one pair of pants did not fit me, everything else did! The return process was painless and easy. I LOVE THREDUP and cannot wait to use them again.

jackieb65
7/21/16

I sent in brand new shoes,clothing etc..some still had the tags on them
well over 25 items and they only offer me $4.48
The items and I tell you all this in good faith the three pieces that was shown said it was worn and pilling never been wore never..All well you learn from your mistakes never again..
BIG RIP OFF.

amandap90
7/21/16

I sent approximately $1900 worth of very gently used name brand clothing to ThredUp. When I say name brand I mean 7s, Miss Me's, Paige Denim, Joe Jeans, etc. They paid me a whopping $63.73 for it. You are much better off selling your stuff locally or on Ebay. I sell my stuff all the time and have never received such awful prices for it. You can get better money at a Plato's Closet or other consignment shop. Don't do this. You will get seriously ripped off. I will NEVER use this again and will NEVER recommend anyone uses it. What a joke.

Tip for consumers: Don't send your stuff to ThredUp. Sell on Ebay, a Plato's closet type place, garage sale or locally. This is a huge RIP OFF.

staceyk23
7/20/16

Customer service is great, quality is great, however I have been unable to receive a bag to sell my items for 6 months! It tells me to check back on a specific date because they're too busy; so I do and it gives me another date further out.

emilyb94
7/20/16

Do not send them any items expect to receive any money for them. I received a measly $5 for over 25 items, half of which were barely worn. According to their online calculator I should have at least received $15. The things I have seen on their website are lower quality and a lot less fashionable than the things I sent in. I will not be doing business with them any more.

cathyw33
7/20/16

I ordered cleanout bags and returned them at different times prior to receiving my first 'payout'. They provide an estimate of what they offer for each item but it's not even close to what you actually get. The people sorting through the items has NO idea what they are doing. Items with tags still attached were listed on their website for sale as 'gently worn'. They are now also charging in order for you to have them donate the items they do not accept. You also have the option to have the items returned to you but of course, also at a cost. HUGEST RIPOFF EVER. Avoid.

skerrittp
7/20/16

Buy your stuff from ThredUp, but do not give them anything, it is a complete rip off. They say your resell value is really low and give you change and turn around and sell your stuff for a much higher price without explanation, then when you write them about it, there is no response or explanation. I should have sent 1 item at first to see their business practices. Very shady and I'm going to research how this business can be investigated.

margies11
7/19/16

I had beautiful, new, good condition clothes and I get less than 1.00 for 9 items. There were at least 25 articles in the bag. Who does that to someone. I could get more on ebay or I would be happier to give to Goodwill than let people give me so little money so they can make so much! STAY AWAY!!!!

kellyc126
7/19/16

I did not do my research and stupidly sent them a bag of clothes, all new with tags, total retail value over $2000 easy and they gave me $27.00.. This is a COMPLETE rip off.. Do not be fooled like I was. STAY CLEAR!!! I could have sold this on eBay for $1.00 a piece and made more.. These people need to be put out of business

jenniferm244
7/18/16

Ok to buy from but please do not send your items to them you are better off taking to Goodwill and taking the tax deduction

pablol8
7/18/16

All my items were counterfeit. They were "marked down" from $200 but I later found them on ebay for $5 each. They also marked them as "Final sale" soy they are not returnable. Basically robbing you in the face. I went out of my way to ask them before buying if the items might be counterfeit because they were so marked down. They said that wasn't possible so I went ahead and bought them. After I showed the items to them on ebay, they said I could return them. But thanks to their return policy , and the fact that they marked the items as "Final sale" I can't return them. After that they blocked my chat box. Its robbery

azwas
7/18/16

So far, I'm loving ThredUp. I've recently had to replenish my business attire for grad school and I'm thrilled to spend only $300 on 3 jackets and 3 pants (1 pair of designer pants too!). Where else can you do that? I only wish returns would be processed faster because I literally live miles from the ThredUp IL location and I wish there was a way to mark items as "favorites" so you can review them later. I often fill my order with 10-12 items and need some time to browse all the options!

karenk99
7/17/16

I sent them lots of hand bags and shoes, all of which sold. Never got a penny from thredUP.

sonial17
7/16/16

I love clothes and i love the quality of the used clothes I get with thredup. I used to buy on eBay but I can't return items if they don't fit so its nice to have the option of returning and still saving SO MUCH.

susanp98
7/15/16

This is a company I must warn you that will take all your thing and mine were
expensive say they smell like smoke or some other excuse and when you say
ok donate them to charity. They will not even send you a receipt for your donation.
Would never recommend them to anyone.

soozx
7/15/16

I just got my payout back. I mean, could I be any more disappointed? I sent them a bag full of designer clothing, including unworn/tags still on Chloe', Cache, Ann Taylor, the list goes on and on. I am SO glad that I did not rip my closet apart. Of course they took the Lululemon and price gouged me. I have never, EVER felt real regret about recycling my used clothing (i.e. BuffaloExchange, Crossroads...) until today where I looked at my pathetic pay out for clothing that was well in the hundreds, if not thousands new. This has got to be one chalked up to heavy embarrassment that I decided to trust an online company to sell my stuff. In addition to selling my stuff and cherry picking (okay, fine), they purchased the out of season worn skirt and running shorts over a very recently purchased (and unworn) pair of designer jeans. DO their buyers know what they're doing? Do they actually know prices/wear? ThredUp is a scam, pennies on the dollar for quality items who KNOWS if they're actually donating (or donating to reselling at 90% mark-up). I wish I would have read the seller reviews. I'm so mad! NEVER AGAIN.

emilys114
7/15/16

Enjoying my $8 they gave me for the $200 they sold my clothed for.....I guess I can use that on shipping because they couldn't even offer free or discounted shipping for sellers. They didn't even respond to my email when they wanted to know about my experience selling. Poshmark is where I'm selling from now on.

katiec51
7/14/16

My experience with ThredUp has been wonderful! I have only purchased clothing from them and have been impressed by their site's interface, their delivery and packaging, and the ease of returning items. Beyond buying used being a cause I can really get behind, ThredUp's prices are unbelievable. I'm hooked and am spreading the word about this awesome site!

72 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the thredUP staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question