US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

kelsm1
1/21/17

I like buying from here, they have good brands at decent prices. The unfortunate thing is you won't make money selling unless you have certain brands. Very surprising since I sent in on-trend, good quality/gently used items and got barely anything in return.. especially after seeing some of the stuff being sold should have been tossed away in the 80s/90s....

lasivn
1/20/17

All the good reviews are from people who have only written one. Think about that. Thrift local, the money goes back to your community :)

lkjlj
1/19/17

Customer service is horrible. You cant even make payments on the site it is buggy. The items are not the best.

desireep9
1/19/17

thredUP is way better for buying clothes than selling them. They take your good stuff and literally give you nothing for it.

janiss8
1/19/17

They will take your perfect clothes, charge you $9.99 for shipping and when they "don't sell" "recycle" them or just take them and sell them without paying you. I don't trust this company one bit.

kathyb129
1/18/17

This site is amazing. It is so easy to send and purchase great gently used clothing.
Don't be afraid to try it.

tonim38
1/18/17

I am pleased with every item I buy from thredUP. They display and describe the items so well that I feel like I know what I'm buying is exactly what I ordered. Service is prompt. Communication is great. Prices are fantastic! I'll be back.

sarahg144
1/17/17

Ever notice that there's a new "good" review every day by someone who has never written any other reviews? How often do YOU go to these site to write a good review. Y

Here's the realrundown with Thredup.com--they are deliberately aren't clear with their business with you.

First, my friend/neighbor invited me to Thredup.com via sharing an item that she'd thought I'd like. When I set up an account, the item was listed as "Unavailable." But on my friend's account, it showed up as still available. In fact, the items that are in someone's cart say, "Reserved." When I contacted Customer Service about it, they stated that my account was set up in a different Distribution Center. But my friend is a neighbor, so the "Distribution Center" is for new accounts. So the discount of $10 off that we get as new accounts only goes towards a certain selection of clothing. Which is crap. Because my friend gets access to some great stuff, but all the stuff listed in this other selection was CRAP. Barely clearance worthy.

But I shopped there and sent in a few bags. Once, I sent in a full bag and got NOTHING because they took out the cost of shipping ($9.99). It's really kind of degrading how little you might get for good, practically new, perfectly clean clothes. Likely because they have overstock. But just read the past (legitimate--not the one-review positive stuff obviously written by employees of the company) reviews.

Also, if you have any amount of credit, it's a good chance you can't request a new bag to build up a pot to buy stuff. They will claim they are getting too many bags at once. But hey, if you want to start a new account, then of course you can get a bag!

And my final complaint, is that if you have something in your cart, prepare for the price to go up on you overnight. FOR NO REASON. When I wrote in to ask, not surprisingly, NO RESPONSE.

I applaud them for doing something for the planet. But honestly, safe yourself the grief and THRIFT LOCAL.

barbarap100
1/16/17

I love the items I've purchased from ThredUp. I do wish more garments had measurements though. I used to also purchase similar items from another site which did list measurements and that made it easier to determine if something would fit prior to ordering it. As a result, I frequently pass up items I might be happy with, because I'm not sure based solely on the size if it will fit or not.

alicem71
1/15/17

Satisfied, surprised, and pleased with finding this site. Have received two orders thus far and I will definitely recommend thredUP to others.

debr909
1/14/17

It's always fun to get the thred up box in the mail ! The items I've gotten have all been in good condition . One item of clothing has an awkward fit, so I may return it. It's the first item I had to return, so I'll see how that goes. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with what I have purchased.

hollyg29
1/13/17

I enjoy ordering from threadUP because it's worry-free shopping! If something arrives and doesn't fit or looks unflattering on me I know I can easily return it for free. I love a great bargain, and there are plenty to be found. Also, they measure each article of clothing which takes the guesswork out of otherwise confusing manufacturer sizing.

darias4
1/13/17

ThredUp is easy to use and is a great place to find awesome deals. Items come to you in a pretty box, with thredUp tags, wrapped in tissue paper, packed with care. Items feel new, but at a fraction of the price!

ginar46
1/13/17

So I got turned on to Thredup this past Fall and I am now on my 12th pair of awesome shoes that I've ordered from Thredup! I'm definitely hooked! The shoes I've purchased have either said, "looks like new" or "have some wear". To be perfectly honest, even the ones that say "have some wear" look like they were hardly ever worn. In my opinion, Thredup under promises and over delivers with their merchandise every time. I am beyond thrilled each time I receive my aqua box on my doorstep. And I love their "upcycle" concept of reusing the box and the tissue paper. Cheers to promoting "green."

larad8
1/13/17

Great website shopping experience! Awesome selection, good shipping time. Loved the packaging! I love the clothes. The quality was amazing. I am very happy and already returned for round two!

kayleenj
1/12/17

Overall, I like thredUP, but it's difficult for me to determine how the items will fit based on the photographs provided. Basic measurements are often available, but a couple items I ordered looked form-fitting in the photo, only to arrive and be quite loose/flowy. I still like the items, so I kept them, but I feel the photos could have better reflected the style of the clothes.

barbaras189
1/12/17

I ordered 2 pairs of wool pants. One pair was exactly what I expected and I love them. The 2nd pair was obviously incorrectly listed as they were far from being "wool" pants band because they were final clearance, I can not return. Not sure I will order again from your website if I can not trust your description as listed.....

kaylab42
1/12/17

THIS COMPANY SEEMS LIKE A TOTAL SCAM, I SENT THEM CLOTHES THINKING I COULD MAKE SOME EXTRA CASH BEING A BROKE COLLEGE STUDENT, BUT I HAVE NOT GOTTEN ANY INFORMATION ABOUT A PAYMENT AND YET ALL MY CLOTHES THAT WERE LISTED SOLD, SO THEY GOT TO MAKE THEIR MONEY, BUT YET I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A SINGLE PENNY!

yvonneh23
1/12/17

This company has me mystified...after reading all the negative reviews I decided to proceed anyway (mainly out of curiosity.) I sent in about 150 nice items (absolutely NO damaged/stained/worn looking items) in two HUGE bags. They accepted 7 items and even after two have sold and the others are projected to sell I will be getting a big fat $0. As far as I can tell, the company seems to be preying on just about everyone to get their merchandise, and that just isn't right and it's downright Un-American. I am planning on contacting the Better Business Bureau and I urge everyone else who has been ripped off to do the same. This company is not providing a legitimate service, under any kind of business model. So sad and so wrong...

robertag9
1/12/17

was well pleased with everythingand will be back to order againhave a great day and keep up the good wwork

rebeccac88
1/12/17

Especially with a small child :-) I am finding great brands at great prices, and can take care of it all from home and a post office!

janetm95
1/11/17

Clothes are beautiful and in great shape. Was as described on page.. Package is beautiful makes your day to open it.

joanneo10
1/11/17

The Free The People dress I purchased looked prettier in the photo. What one doesn't see is how the dress flares out at the bottom - this isn't a complimentary look for me.

stephanies183
1/11/17

Love thredUP--great selection, great prices, convenient, easy returns. Definitely recommend to friends!

tstars
1/11/17

thredup has fun clothing, good prices, fast shipping times and aso - their e-mails are fun and positive. great to do business with them.

103 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the thredUP staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question