Review of StubHub

San Francisco, CA 94105
Tel: 1.866.788.2482

kerryb49
10/17/17

The ticket price was double what was shown on the actual Ticket. No where does it tell you the true cost of the event!

billj96
10/14/17

I bought 4 premium seats at an event for $275. Went to event and found out seats were in a totally different general admission area that were worth $10 each max. I called StubHub and asked them to address the issue. They kept me on the telephone for an hour and offered me $50. Don't trust them. Their guarantee is a joke.

melissaa72
10/12/17

Ordered tickets, they charged my card then THEY cancelled them AND LOCKED MY ACCOUNT. When I called customer service the guy said it was an authorization not a charge. I had to tell him it was a checking account and could see 400+ out of my account. He then said 3-5 business days to get it back. Well, when the time frame was up, still no money. I called again and the other customer service rep said the other guy never even put a request in for a refund !!!!!! Absolutely the worst online purchase experience Ive ever had and I order online ALL THE TIME. I ordered my tickets on ticket master and you all should do the same.
Also, when I went to post this in the App Store it would not let me. So Im going to post it EVERYWHERE else so no one else has to deal with this.

cosetteg
10/9/17

Over a year ago, I purchased 2 tickets to see Janet Jackson at the Hollywood Bowl. A few months later, we got word that the show was cancelled. We didn't hear about a reschedule until a couple months ago when StubHub emailed me that new concert date would be 10/8 and we can use our downloadable tickets in the very first original email attachment. Ok....fine. Very excited, my friend and I get to the Hollywood Bowl to see our favorite artist perform for our first time, and the ticket checker scanned the barcodes and told us there was a problem. Our tickets had be refunded back to the seller. I went down to the box office to state what has happened and she already knew it was StubHub! Apparently, I was the 7th person to have had this happen to. She gave me StubHubs number and so I called and complained and they said they would give me a full refund. My dissatisfaction is that we were scammed by a third party and thus missed seeing our favorite artist live. How could this have happened? StubHub really needs to amp up their security for their customers to prevent this kind of fraud. I can safely assume that after the buyer of these tickets got wind from where he purchased his tickets from, which is Ticketmaster, that the Janet Jackson show was cancelled, he immediately called for a refund even after I had paid him for those tickets on StubHub. I put full responsibility of this on StubHub. Somehow, once those tickets WITH barcodes are purchased from StubHub, they need to figure out a way to NOT let them be released or get refunded on. That was very irresponsible and stupid on StubHub's part. I assumed they were a reputable business and therefor assumed they had their act together. Never again would I trust them.

kevinh188
10/9/17

My wife bought tickets off their site. It wasn't disclosed that they were student tickets - so we called to complain. They were rude and said the buyer disclosed that - but we didn't find that out until the email confirmation of the purchase. Nowhere on this site does it show this that we could tell.

donk72
10/3/17

I ordered tickets over 8 weeks ago!! I'm still waiting waiting! The first shipment came from UPS with no tickets inside. I called their customer service and they reassured me that my tickets would be mailed again here it is a few days before my event and still no tickets. Never again!!!

caseym43
10/3/17

I posted my ticket on stub hub and sold it a few days later. I was so thrilled. I opened the email and followed the directions precisely. Well two days later I get an email saying the seller didn't receive his ticket on time and therefore he gets his refunded money back and it get charged 40% of the ticket price.

No one knows where this 140 dollar ticket is and it event has since passed. I did everything I was suppose to do but stub hub is REFUSING to reimburse me for this and REFUSING to take the extra charge off. I thinking about filing a lawsuit.

debis13
10/2/17

Purchased tickets for Ambrosia at City Winery in Atlanta via StubHub. Charged more than double the ticket price, then another $46 service fee, then another $10 shipping fee. Never presented with these fees when I clicked "Purchase."

Called to ask about these charges (rude lady). I wanted a refund so I could purchase tickets at $45 through City Winery instead of $100, but was told I could not get a refund. Was transferred to a supervisor, but before that, the rude lady said, "Just so you know, my supervisor is going to tell you the same thing, so you're just wasting your time."

Supervisor I talked to said the ticket prices are what AllShows charges. Called AllShows and was told that they charge $85, not $100 for the seats at City Winery in Atlanta. AllShows also told me that StubHub is charging the extra money for the ticket and the service fees, and I would have to contact them.

Bottom line, I cannot get a refund and was overcharged.

michaels689
10/1/17

Don't do business with stubhub! I posted tickets for sale and the first set got hung up in their server. It was really slow. I guess, like me, a lot of other people were dumping their season tickets to the NFL on "protest day". After reviewing my order, I noticed one game did not post, so I reinput the data. Tickets double posted. Stubhub's third party vendor immediately bought them because I posted the tickets at their recommended price, which was really just their target price for purchasing the tickets and reselling through their third party vendor. I immediately contacted stubhub and they pretty much told me "sucks to be you" we will call you Monday. They didn't call. I called them on Wednesday and they told me to send the first order and they would "take care" of the duplicate, but it would take a while. I sent out the original listing as was my responsibility, but they canceled the sale AFTER I shipped them and then charged me 40%. They will probably also try to charge me for the duplicate listing. I strongly advise anyone selling tickets to stay away! If your tickets get delayed in posting and get duplicated, even seconds later, they might buy them instantly. The bad thing is I didnt get any kind of notification while I was actually on their website that tickets sold.

leifh5
9/29/17

We bought tickets for football on the long-side but got tickets in the curve which are even worse this sitting behind the goal. When you mai them you don't get a reply and in chat they only communicate in spanish and close the chat. So don't use them!
The match is between Holland and Sweden Oct 10th.
It is not easy to accept to pay 3-times the price for tickets !
Maybe standard for this service!

tabathag2
9/26/17

This is my first and last time using StubHub. I purchased tickets for a music festival that is scheduled October 6th-8th in June. I waited several months for my tickets to arrive, and when they did not, I contacted StubHub customer services. I was told by the representative who answered that my order had been cancelled due to an error on StubHub's part, and he apologized that I had not been contacted. He assured me they would find me more tickets and would notify me by email within 48 hours. I waited 48 hours and had not received a response from StubHub. I called that night and was told my order had not been processed, and StubHub did not have tickets for me. They offered to refund my money or issue my a coupon. After I had some choice words with the representative and explained that none of those options were helpful, he told me they found more tickets they could send via FedEx within 3 business days. Since today is Tuesday, I said okay. I was on the phone an entire hour with StubHub. When the representative returned, he told me my tickets would be delivered the day before I am due to leave for the concert (the concert is out of town). He assured me they would be there, but since I was assured tickets the week ago, I am skeptical. On top of the stress of preparing to leave town, I know have to wonder whether or not I even have a reason to go, and I will not know until the very last minute. I am very disappointed in the fact that in 3 months, no one bothered to notify me about the botched tickets. When I called for assistance, I was told they were going to do something about the issue, and they did not, and I had to call again to learn that they hadn't done what they said they were going to. Supposedly I have tickets coming. I was initially told it would take 3 days for them to get here, and now I learn it will be the day before I leave. This has been stressful and inconvenient. I will NEVER use StubHub again, and I DO NOT RECOMMEND them in any shape, form or fashion. BUYER BEWARE!

jmkk
9/19/17

I purchased Petty tickets on 8/31..... seller was to mail 2-day and I was to receive by the day before concert. Got a call from STUBHUC SUX tonight after their business hours saying the seller couldn't get the tickets ......WHAT??? Really? But you have had my money for 3+ weeks...... But, lucky me, they offer me WORSE tickets with no extra charge to me. How wonderful.....NOT!!! Classic bait & switch ... but to do this within a day before the concert??? The seller is a scammer and STUBHUB facilitates this bait and switch and the fraud being committed by these sellers. So upset and angry..... Wouldn't be such an issue but this could possibly be my last Heartbreakers concert... to have greed and fraud ruin this.... Horrible customer service - STAY AWAY FROM STUBHUB

not to mention hidden fees - you buy 2 tickets for 1100 each so 2200 total and by the time you check out it is 2600+.... oh but wait,,,, if you page through the help section there is a tiny section on how to turn on the option to see the total cost BEFORE you check out - WOW what a f&$king concept.....

robw84
9/15/17

I paid for 3 tickets in march, 2017. went to print them the day after they should have been in the account, not there. called them- they got nasty with me, saying i was cutting them off.. NO, i was explaining the situation of how we booked a car, hotel, and would be out money if they could not deliver.

then they told me to just go - a 5 hour trip one way, and hope for the best.. they told me that if they couldn't get me tickets, that i would get a refund. well who cares, who will reimburse me for time, and money on the other parts of the trip.

get your tickets elsewhere.

russk15
9/6/17

Wife purchased tickets for U2 for general admission because general admission was no longer available through Ticketmaster soon after they went on sale. StubHub prices were near $150. Now that the concert is close, and she cannot attend, the prices on StubHub are as low as $40. What a joke!!!

giselleg5
8/26/17

The last time I bought from Stubhub was 2008 (before I was aware/addicted to reading reviews prior to any online transaction) and it went fine, ignorance is bliss. This time I read all the negative, minimal positive, and vacillated going or not going to a show and finally decided, well, if I can't get in I'll just get a refund. So I purchased general admission at the Santa Barbara Bowl, so I can dance like you're supposed to at a concert!!!, and, with only a week to spare, was hoping the only UPS option would be okay......It was!! AXS tix arrived on sched, two days before event, shipping and tracking was accurate. I got to the scanner and was let in, no problem. So I would shop here again, and fortunately I love the floor and maybe that's just a safer sale.

debbiew104
8/20/17

5 minutes after my order I realized I made a mistake. There is no window to cancel. They need to make that more obvious.

pamelas151
8/19/17

The stub hub site is misleading bc they make you think your seat is closer than what it actually is. I paid $175 for Bruno Mars tix thinking we had great seats. it was in the nosebleed section. Otwas so high up, I got vertigo. When I printed the tix out, ticket master valued it at only $49.50. Go to Ticket Master directly. Stub hub is a rip off!

shellseag
8/10/17

They show a value bar which is misleading it means the value of the ticket COMPARED TO TICKETS ON THEIR SITE it does not mean compared to the face value. Many tickets are prices OVER FACE VALUE!

ruthh62
8/9/17

Venue changed and stubhub would not refund money, even though the park is offering refunds. I bought the tickets for a specific event during a Phillies game, otherwise, i would not have chosen that game. Will never use STUBHUB again!!!!

jamesc455
8/6/17

I purchased tickets through stubhub for a football game 700 miles away from my home. I am very detailed oriented and the fact that I was traveling so far for the game made me even more attentive to my purchase. After I finished entering my credit card info and completing my purchase the receipt that was revealed on the next page was for a previous weeks game. Figuring there was some kind of system malfunction and it would be a quick fix for stubhub I called customer service. After their "technical team" reviews the purchase they say that I am at fault and the easiest fix is to just resell the tickets on their site again. I had to file a complaint with my credit card company to suspend the purchase. Their site and app has been glitchy for a while now and they won't own up to their technical mistake. STAY AWAY FROM STUBHUB PURCHASES.

carlc61
7/29/17

After posting tickets for sale on Stubhub I decided to give them to charity instead, but told the priest that I could only do this if the tickets had not already sold.

I went to the Stubhub site and deleted the listing, even took a screen shot of the "You have no listings" page. A few minutes later when I got off the phone from giving the tickets to our church, I got an email from Stubhub - "your tickets have been sold."

They can do the same thing to anyone who lists and then deletes the listing for tickets. They can set up a program that sends an email to anyone who deletes a listing saying "your tickets have sold" then charge you if you don't have the tickets. You're stuck paying the fee.

Besides the screen shot they can track that I went on the page to delete the listing AND it would have been better for me to sell the tickets than to give them away - the tax deduction is not as much as having the cash.

Stubhub did not except my evidence that I deleted the listing and charged me.

List on VividSeats - they send a confirmation asking if you still have the tickets, which would have prevented this scam.

fernanf
7/26/17

Lack of transparency in their charges. I will complaint against them with the FCA.
FEES EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE AND RIDICULOUS.

just stay away. avoid these criminals

donnas213
7/25/17

I tried to purchase tickets online through stubhub, After entering all my information the system just kept spinning and spinning so I tried to click out of it and it went back to the home screen. I was never given any conformation indicating the purchase went through so I called and was told it did not go through and the order was put through again. Later I noticed I was charged twice for the tickets. I called again and was told by the manager there was nothing they could do because their system said I was given a conformation number and an email was sent but I never received either. I have filed complaints with my bank and the BBB.

jeffreyw57
7/17/17

UPSOLD ME FROM GREAT 3RD BASELINE TICKETS INTO SUITE TICKETS THAT DID NOT EXIST! NO SEATS IN THE SUITE!!! THE BASICALLY TOLD ME "TOO BAD" NOT OUR FAULT!! OFFERED 50% CREDIT SO THEY WOULD HAVE ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO F-ME AGAIN NO THANKS DID A CC CHARGEBACK AND DELETED MY STUBHUB ACCOUNT

jenniferd201
7/14/17

The night of U2 I went online to purchase a pair of seats for $282 per seat and waited quite a while while the "tickets were processing or printing" section of the transaction. I became concerned and contacted Stub Hub who put me on hold and returned to the phone statng that they "pushed the tickets through". My boyfriend and I sat in our seats only to be harassed 2x by security that we had the wrong seats, and then another couple came and had the same seats we did and began to cause a fuss. I became upset and was told I needed to leave the stadium despite the fact that we had paid close to $600 for our seats. I was also out parking and had to miss the rest of the show. No apologies for the humiliation, trouble and horrific experience from a really cheezy company that prints more than one seat for its customers. Hopefully you won't suffer the same horrendous experience that left me in tears!!!!!

178 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

That's my assumption. Some other people on this site might be able to answer that from actual experience.

By Michele G. on 5/3/15
Helpful answer

They sell tickets they do not actually have yet. They started selling tickets for a Garth Brooks concert in Salt Lake City before tickets even went on sale. They have no way of knowing if they will actually get tickets to fulfill orders, and just cancel the order the day before the event if they don't have the tickets. Its pretty much a gamble with Stub Hub if you will get your tickets or not.

By Michelle W. on 10/1/15
Helpful answer

Stub hub only does resales so they can rip off the seller as well as the buyer

By tony d. on 6/21/15
Helpful answer

Don't worry, you will get tickets. It can be absurd how much they charge for Shipping, yet only get you tix just before.

By Sean S. on 3/13/16
Helpful answer

They are perfectly legit. Great place to buy tickets someone else is looking for a buyer for. I found tickets on stub, bought them, and the next day they called me and said they had been double sold. Stubhub gave me tickets that were worth $300 more than the ones I got shafted out of and got me seats next to the stage for my teen daughters first concert! Cant beat that! My kids will never forget it, completely PRICELESS!! AS far as selling your tickets here I have heard that they take a percentage, but its a great place to sell them unless you can find a buyer yourself. Good luck!

By shea m. on 6/2/16
Helpful answer

I did not get my tickets thru Mail, I had to print mine off

By Lord v. on 1/24/16
Helpful answer

DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER listing with Stub Hub, aka Sam Goody. This crook web site is slamming the REAL StubHub.com. Pathetic!!

By Marie D. on 8/14/15
Helpful answer

hi I am not sure as I haven't tried to use the tickets yet - they are e-tickets printed off...I wouldn't be surprised if I have got ripped off again....just don't use them...they were really unhelpful when I called and pointed out that I had paid double the face value and a ridulous service charge...they may as well have said "hard cheese|" you are stupid and you deserve to get ripped off...expensive mistake ...one that I will never repeat!

By colleen p. on 7/5/13
Helpful answer

I agree with kire j about stub hub - my experience was terrible. I was not sent a visa card. I would check like Michele w bedore you get too worried. better still phone the visa card company - I cant see how you can get a visa without applying and them sharing your personal details. best use ticket master or some other reputable company in the future. I tried stub hub just to do something different - I wont in the future"! hope you sort it out

By colleen p. on 11/9/15
Helpful answer

Call them and ask if they're the StubHub fake site located in CA or they are the real StubHub.com. The fake site in CA is really giving the real StubHub a bad reputation. I would take Tony D.'s suggestion. Vivid, TicketMaster, etc. are REAL brokers.

By Marie D. on 8/28/15
Questions? Get answers from the StubHub staff and other customers.

4 Photos for StubHub