US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jh539
2/27/17

I purchased tickets from them for a concert in Texas. I live in FL. It was for a special birthday. I purchased the tickets for over $400 for just my husband and I. I booked airline tickets from Orlando to San Antonio, rental car to drive to Gruene TX. Booked hotel room for 4 nights. After all was booked and they said tickets were on the way I received a phone call. They refunded my money saying UPS lost my tickets. I'm so stuck not to mention I'm a senior citizen and this was a bucket list trip.
This resale stuff needs to be stopped. Never again. All they could say was Sorry! What am I supposed to do for 4 days in Gruene Tx and no Jerry Jeff tickets. Ruined so much including very hard earned money to do this trip. I know things could be worse like terminal illness etc. I've been there too. But this is just wrong to cost seniors thousands of dollars and then cancel your reason for going. Stay away from these people.

bekab
2/26/17

PLEASE WHATEVER YOU DO, DONT USE THIS WEBSITE TO SELL TICKETS. I took my offer off of stubhub and it "didnt go through" and so I was charged $241. I called them and they told me (actually promised) that I wouldnt have to pay more than what I sold the tickets for and I called back today and got hung up on and then was told that the promise was not true.

scotts245
2/24/17

I just bought tickets to a college basketball game. When I went to download the tickets, it says in big print, OBSTRUCTED VIEW. I went back and looked at the ad, and the seller did disclose that, however, it's not very visible, there's no pop-up that says you are buying obstructed seats.... Additionally, they show a photo from the section, and there is nothing that would indicate obstructed view. I immediately called StubHub (within 5 minutes of purchase) and they wouldn't do anything for me. So, not only did they make money from the seller, they made a significant service fee from me. They were condescending on my call, and would even adjust the service fee. I'm a very good customer as I've sold several professional football tickets on StubHub, and have purchased. Beware.

rachelb105
2/24/17

this company is one of the WORST companies i have ever had the "pleasure" of working with. I bought tickets on ticketmaster and listed them on stubhub because i was hoping to buy four tickets instead of two with seats all together. when i listed them i clicked 'upload tickets later' because i was still trying to transfer the file to PDF version. I immediately web chatted stubhub to see if this was acceptable- THE FEATURE DOES NOT WORK. if you click on anything else on your computer it will dissapear. so i emailed the support line after i screenshotted and converted my mobile tickets to PDF and they said that that was unaccetptable. WHEN I HAD TRIED TO CONTACT THEM TO ASK THE QUESTION MULTIPLE TIMES. WITHIN 24 HOURS BEFORE I EVEN HAD A CHANCE TO CONTACT TICKET MASTER I WAS CHARGED 105 DOLLAR CANCELLATION FEE. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM. DONT EVER TRY TO RESELL TICKETS THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT FIT TO HANDLE AN ISSUE AND DOESNT EVEN SUPPORT THEIR CHAT FEATURE. DONT RISK GETTING CHARGED.

tiaral2
2/23/17

Stubhub sold me bad tickets to a concert I waited over four months to see and they will only refund you to a stubhub gift card so you still have to use that money on their site. Plus they charge a $30 fee just to use their site to buy tickets. If I could leave less than one star I would.

kellyl110
2/16/17

We purchased Garth Brooks tickets over a month ago and were guaranteed they would be here on time...what a mistake it was to believe this crap. When told about our concerns stubhub guaranteed that we would get equivalent or better tickets if ours didn't arrive on time .... they of course FAILED to deliver on their own guarantees... NEVER AGAIN WILL I PURCHASE through this company and would highly recommend that everyone avoid this company at all costs...... I am surprised they are able to stay in business....

neilr44
2/16/17

I ordered (2) tickets for a total of $286 (including the StubHub $50 fee). First I received a confirmation by email that the transaction went through and "my tickets were on the way."

The next day, I received another email stating that the tickets would arrive in two days. Yesterday - these idiots sent the following email for a national musical show coming up in 2 days (includes their typos): "Your order was cancelled and a credit is on the way. Weve cancelled the following order and you wont receive the tickets. Were sorry it didnt work out. We?re contacting you about your recent order.. Unfortunately, your seller let us know that they?re unable to deliver the tickets that you originally ordered."

This is simply outrageous and I'm sending a complaint to The Attorney General of California. To make matters worse, the emails say "do not reply." So, how can they sell tickets when they haven't secured them? How do I know that they didn't get a higher price and just cancelled my order? This company is run by a bunch of arrogant "20 somethings" who have no clue as to how to conduct business properly and ethically.

I hope that a sharp attorney will begin a class-action lawsuit and put an end to this unscrupulous company. They have ruined a special evening for my wife & I - and they couldn't care less. This is FRAUD!!!

caroler14
2/14/17

If I could give a zero, I most definitely would

StubHub are lying thieves...
Buyer beware. We purchased $1600 worth of tickets to a show. 7 of us drove 2 hours to get there & when we got there, 2 of the tickets were not valid! To top it off, they then charged our credit card an additional $1000!!!!

charliej19
2/14/17

Bought two tickets never received they gave me a song and dance about we cant reprint and your out 240 dollars

georgiam23
2/10/17

After posting tickets on this website for re-sale and then having them cancelled , stub hub were incredibly quick to charge me 25% of my ticket price which was a large amount, with no confirmation or notice

jeremyo7
2/6/17

I recently purchased tickets to a concert that was sold out through Stub Hub and did so about a month before the event, so it wasn't last minute. We then booked accommodation as we believed we were going to receive tickets. To my shock, 3 days before the event I received an email saying the seller was not going to be able to provide the tickets...luckily I was able to cancel the accommodation as I had taken an option with cancellation, but I could not believe that they would have a process in place that does not secure the tickets earlier. By the time we received the email there were no other options to purchase tickets so we were not able to attend.

laureng50
2/1/17

In early January, I made a mistake trying to sell tickets on the StubHub site. In good faith, I followed the prompts and listed my tickets. They were sold, and within the same day the order was canceled. I received a bill for $611 and told I misrepresented the mezzanine area. When posting, I was not given this option, so surely I thought this was a mistake any reputable company would honor and assist with. When I spoke with a customer representative they told me I was charged $611 to cover the cost of another customer's tickets.

An appeal was placed. Again reps at StubHub said the charges would go through -- this was the policy. But I was confused because apparently this was a computer issue, no fault of my own. They refused and refused. They deemed the discussion over and $611 was charged to my AMEX. I received no explanation of the charges, and of course no authorization.

So my mistake of posting tickets turned into a huge nightmare, one that would disturb me for weeks.

chrystad
1/21/17

My husband is active duty military. I was going to surprise him with UNC/UVA basketball tickets and then an event popped up that he is required to attend at the same time. Stubhub offered to refund our entire purchase price without me having to relist the tickets myself. I am extremely grateful to Stubhub for their understanding and support.

madisonk13
1/18/17

StubHub will scam you out of your money if they get the chance. This company is currently trying to scam me out of $350. I am in the process of talking with my bank to try and ensure this doesn't happen.
Awhile ago I listed some hockey tickets for sale as I could not go to the game. No one ended up buying these tickets, or so I thought, so I gave them to a friend. The day after the game, I get an email from StubHub saying my tickets did in fact sell, and that because I gave the tickets to someone else and the ticket buyers could not get into the game, I would be charged $350 in fees. Here is the problem, StubHub is supposed to send you an email once your tickets have sold, but I NEVER received an email saying this.
StubHub then told me that the tickets had apparently sold on 11/10. When I checked my emails, I had zero saying the tickets sold. But I did have an email on 11/26 saying the listing for my tickets would expire. So, SIXTEEN days after the tickets apparently sold, I receive an email saying the listing is about to expire? Makes no sense.
When I brought these issues up to John in executive claims, he completely blew them off. He told me that I should talk to customer service (even though they had not responded to my emails and could not help me). However, he did address the fact that I never received an email, and told me it was probably just a glitch in the system. He said, despite the fact that I never received an email, it was still my fault. I relied on the fact that StubHub tells you they will send you an email when your tickets sell. I checked my emails consistently, trusting them to keep their word and send me an email. I received nothing, yet it is my fault.
How do I NOT receive an email stating my tickets have sold, but I receive an email 16 days after they claim they sold saying the listing is about the expire? How is this still my fault?
I am currently in the process of talking to my bank, as stated before. I am a 17 year old girl living on my own. It took me months of saving and working over time to try and see this game and treat myself. Now, I am being scammed out of $350, something I cannot afford. StubHub is just another big business looking to screw over the little people. Please learn from me and do not waste your time or money on this company.

sarahm277
1/14/17

Hockey tickets I ordered didn't arrive, but when I chatted with them online, they quickly replaced them with better tickets and sent them as etickets. Would rather not have had the stress of waiting, but was very pleased with online chat. Thanks. I have had no issues with previous tickets I had purchased.

terryc87
1/10/17

I keep reading all these reviews saying stubhub's mark up is crazy. They don't set the prices, the sellers do!!!! It's your issue that you didn't read properly. I've made more than 15 purchases off this site and never had a problem going to an event. And I paid much more than the original value each time, but I knew that going through in.

amys205
1/9/17

I've had 2 experiences with this company:

The first time I purchased tickets for a basketball game 2 weeks in advance. The tickets arrived the day of the game.

The second time I purchased college basketball tickets as a Christmas gift for my dad. I knew it took a long time to get tickets previously and with the holidays, so I decided to order well in advance and pay the extra money to get the tickets expedited (I ordered 2 weeks before Christmas for a game January 14). It took me multiple attempts on the website for the transaction to even work, but I chalked this up to the holidays and probably high volume on the website. Two days before Christmas I received an email that the tickets had arrived, however, they were not where I pick up my mail. I contacted my mom in case I got confused and put her address instead. Not there either. So I contacted Stubhub to report them as not delivered and turns out they delivered them to the address that is connected with the Stubhub account and not the actual mailing address that I listed (I.e. The tickets were in South Florida, an address I have not lived at in over 6 months, and not in Tennessee where I indicated I wanted them sent).

When I explained to the guy that I don't live there and that's not the address I indicated, he put me on hold to contact the seller. 15 minutes later, I was told that they could not reprint/reissue the tickets and I needed to try to find someone who could send them to me from Florida. I am not kidding; that was the solution he gave me.

Luckily, I was able to contact a friend, who (after I paid for 2 Uber rides and overnight shipping) was able to go my old house and retrieve the tickets from the new tenets and then overnight the tickets to me.

The week of the game, I received another email saying my tickets had been delivered. Connfused, I called Stubhub and asked what tickets had been ordered. They told me they had sent my replacement tickets for the game. I repeated to them that they said they couldn't replace the tickets but either way, the tickets weren't in my mail. They again placed me on hold to figure out what happened. Turns out, they sent the replacement tickets to the same old address in Florida! So I asked her to find out if the original tickets would get me into the game. She again put me on hold to contact the seller, who didn't answer when she called, so they would have to call me back.

The next day I called for the third time to see the status of the tickets and they told me the seller had contacted them and they were WAITING FOR ME TO CALL BACK to tell me that them original tickets were invalid and I would have to find a way to get the reprinted tickets.

So, AGAIN, I had to pay my friend to go back to the new tenets, ask for my tickets, and mail them to me again. I contacted Subhub today to complain and they said that I could talk to a supervisor but that the supervisor just writes a note in the system and I'd be wasting my time.

So, in short: I paid $85 for 2 college basketball tickets, $50 in Uber rides for my friend to go retrieve the tickets and $20 in overnight shipping fees...$155. And the only answer I received from any of the people I spoke to, was I CANT HELP YOU.

howardl25
1/1/17

I purchased from StubHub four lower level, sideline tickets to the Peach Bowl. I printed the tickets, and considered it a done deal. Several days later (the morning of the game), I received an email and a call from StubHub telling me that the seller of the tickets claims that he cancelled the listing, and was refusing to part with the tickets. StubHub offered to replace the tickets with four lower level tickets in the CORNER. I pulled up the StubHub website while I was speaking with the stubHub representative, and I pointed out that they had four sideline (not corner) tickets that were available in another section. StubHub refused to replace my tickets with the other sideline tickets. The StubHub representative explained that StubHub is merely a broker, and that StubHub does not carry an inventory of tickets. StubHub gave me four replacement tickets in the corner, and refunded a small portion of the purchase price.

The take away -- you, too, could receive a call from StubHub on Gameday telling you that your tickets are not valid.

brians272
12/31/16

I listed tickets-Followed directions-uploaded ticket PDF. They cancelled and charged me a penalty fee. RUN FROM THIS SITE> THEY ARE HORRIBLE AND DID NOT TREAT ME FAIRLY

Tip for consumers: Use the NFL ticket exchange. They are horrible and should not be used by any

isabellah8
12/30/16

I purchased two tickets to Lights All Night on December 31st in Dallas, TX via Stubhub for $183.75 on 12/27/16. Upon receiving the electronic tickets the next day (12/28/16), I saw that the seller uploaded tickets to the El Paso, TX show rather than the Dallas one and immediately contacted Stubhub to fix the issue. I was told that the seller did indeed mess up and that I would still be provided with two tickets to the event I originally paid for, which I would receive the next day (12/29/16) by email. By the end of the next day, I still had not received the tickets and called Stubhub once again to see what was going on. I was told that they were working on it and that I should receive them that same night or the next morning (12/30/16).

Today is 12/30/16 and I gave the company until 6:00pm to send me the email before calling once again. The representative was the same person I spoke to the previous day. He was extremely helpful and I understand that this situation was completely out of his control. He informed me that it was strange that I still had not received my two new tickets, as it does not usually take more than two days, and that he would go directly to the department tasked with issuing them since the show was less than 24 hours away.

After an hour on the phone with Stubhub - mostly waiting on hold - I was devastated to learn that there were no more ticket listings for that show on Stubhub, as the last two tickets had just sold. That being said, I would not receive tickets to the event and my New Year's Eve plans had completely fallen apart less than 24 hours before the event.

They added a $367.50 credit to my account and told me to download the Stubhub app and to keep checking to see if any ticket listings would come up between now and the event. Not only would I have had to frantically check every 15 minutes to see if I could attend the event I paid to go to three days ago, but if someone did miraculously list TWO tickets to the show, they would also still have to be within the credit limit which totaled out to $183.75 per ticket. I am not going to sit here and hope for a miracle with the odds against me that I will not be able to celebrate New Year's Eve with my friends at Lights All Night.

After speaking with my friend, whom the other ticket was for, we decided to simply take a refund and purchase our tickets from the official Lights All Night website, which I'll add that prices had increased since we last checked. I called back for a refund, which will not make it back into my account until after 3-5 business days, and they took away the credit in my account.

This seller fraud issue should have been taken care of in a more timely matter. They had two full days to reissue me new tickets to the event and I had to call multiple times only to learn that they had waited too long to the point where there were no tickets left. Had they addressed this issue earlier, there would have still been tickets to the event for sale and everything would have been fixed.

All in all, Stubhub has inconvenienced me in so many ways. From my New Year's Eve plans falling through less than 24 hours before the event, to having to pay for all new tickets with money that I do not currently have in my account, to walking away with absolutely nothing but the money I originally paid, I am extremely dissatisfied with Stubhub. It is safe to say that I will never use, recommend, or trust Stubhub again.

Tip for consumers: Just buy your tickets from the official vendor or ticketmaster.com.

daniellem78
12/28/16

I have been using StubHub for years to sell tickets and never had a problem. I was recently charged a 50% penalty fee. I tried to sell my tickets and hours later didn't receive a posting confirmation or sale acknowledgement email. I couldn't even find my posting so it made sense to post again. They sold however the sale was cancelled by StubHub since they already sold. I disputed the claim and explained that what I stated above and they only refunded half of my fee. I appreciate that but strongly feel they should have reconsidered a full refund consuming my seller rating and missing confirmation emails. They completely ignored my appeal without any response. I finally spoke to someone and refuse to do have the review team re-open my claim. I guess I won't be a customer anymore . Very disappointed.

jillr46
12/28/16

BUYER BEWARE! I paid $US250 in total in mid November for what I thought were excellent tickets to the New York Ballet: The Nutcracker. According to posting Tracker on the booking receipt number that I immediately received at booking, printed tickets were to be delivered within 14 days to my home in Australia. The tickets NEVER arrived. I gave it a few more days. Had 2 chats online, which were not helpful. With one I was disconnected, the other woman kept telling me to ring, not understanding our time zone from Aust to US is very different. I gave up, thinking I deal with it when in NYC. 2 chats online were unhelpful, and I was dismissed with no follow up. I was told online that being a 'fan for fan' marketplace they would attempt to contact the seller. But then I was dismissed online, and could not reconnect. Very odd & unusual; I have never had this before with online sales. I had been stupid & not investigated Stubhub myself. Phone calls in NYC to Stubhub told me I should have contacted them within 7 days for the non delivery of the tickets; that Stubhub could do & would do nothing.
I did go to the ballet, in the hope that they might verify the seats from the booking reference number. But NO. The NYC Ballet Ticket office said they could not verify the seats as the booking receipt number had no allocated seats.
Oh, the ballet was superb, albeit a VERY COSTLY experience. BUYER BEWARE!

lesg5
12/24/16

Hidden charge of 33% per ticket. Better seats anywhere but here. DON'T DO IT! YOU WILL GET SCREWED LIKE THE REST IF US! If you still buy from here you deserve to be taken advantage of. SCHMUCK!

johnh632
12/22/16

I purchased two tickets to a hockey game a week in advance. Then the day before they call me saying they can offer me better seats and made my tickets invalid without my permission. So I asked for the better tickets and they said theyd email me. In all I had to call them back four times because the tickets were not emailed to me until an hour before the game. They gave me so much $#*!. I ended up getting worse seats than I originally got. I never write reviews but this is one piece of $#*! website. Listen to my review or not i could care less.

hiltonf6
12/21/16

Bought tickets to Vince and Amy Christmas show at the Ryman. The view they showed of the stage when I clicked on the tickets looked great!

Then I printed the tickets and it said "obstructed view". There in fact is a pole blocking the view to the stage. I called Stub Hub and they said the view was from the middle of the section I got tickets in.

Incredibly misleading! Be careful when buying from StubHub! They are not reputable advertisers.

178 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

80 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the StubHub staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question