Review of StubHub

San Francisco, CA 94105
Tel: 1.866.788.2482

pamelas151
8/19/17

The stub hub site is misleading bc they make you think your seat is closer than what it actually is. I paid $175 for Bruno Mars tix thinking we had great seats. it was in the nosebleed section. Otwas so high up, I got vertigo. When I printed the tix out, ticket master valued it at only $49.50. Go to Ticket Master directly. Stub hub is a rip off!

shellseag
8/10/17

They show a value bar which is misleading it means the value of the ticket COMPARED TO TICKETS ON THEIR SITE it does not mean compared to the face value. Many tickets are prices OVER FACE VALUE!

ruthh62
8/9/17

Venue changed and stubhub would not refund money, even though the park is offering refunds. I bought the tickets for a specific event during a Phillies game, otherwise, i would not have chosen that game. Will never use STUBHUB again!!!!

jamesc455
8/6/17

I purchased tickets through stubhub for a football game 700 miles away from my home. I am very detailed oriented and the fact that I was traveling so far for the game made me even more attentive to my purchase. After I finished entering my credit card info and completing my purchase the receipt that was revealed on the next page was for a previous weeks game. Figuring there was some kind of system malfunction and it would be a quick fix for stubhub I called customer service. After their "technical team" reviews the purchase they say that I am at fault and the easiest fix is to just resell the tickets on their site again. I had to file a complaint with my credit card company to suspend the purchase. Their site and app has been glitchy for a while now and they won't own up to their technical mistake. STAY AWAY FROM STUBHUB PURCHASES.

carlc61
7/29/17

After posting tickets for sale on Stubhub I decided to give them to charity instead, but told the priest that I could only do this if the tickets had not already sold.

I went to the Stubhub site and deleted the listing, even took a screen shot of the "You have no listings" page. A few minutes later when I got off the phone from giving the tickets to our church, I got an email from Stubhub - "your tickets have been sold."

They can do the same thing to anyone who lists and then deletes the listing for tickets. They can set up a program that sends an email to anyone who deletes a listing saying "your tickets have sold" then charge you if you don't have the tickets. You're stuck paying the fee.

Besides the screen shot they can track that I went on the page to delete the listing AND it would have been better for me to sell the tickets than to give them away - the tax deduction is not as much as having the cash.

Stubhub did not except my evidence that I deleted the listing and charged me.

List on VividSeats - they send a confirmation asking if you still have the tickets, which would have prevented this scam.

fernanf
7/26/17

Lack of transparency in their charges. I will complaint against them with the FCA.
FEES EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE AND RIDICULOUS.

just stay away. avoid these criminals

donnas213
7/25/17

I tried to purchase tickets online through stubhub, After entering all my information the system just kept spinning and spinning so I tried to click out of it and it went back to the home screen. I was never given any conformation indicating the purchase went through so I called and was told it did not go through and the order was put through again. Later I noticed I was charged twice for the tickets. I called again and was told by the manager there was nothing they could do because their system said I was given a conformation number and an email was sent but I never received either. I have filed complaints with my bank and the BBB.

jeffreyw57
7/17/17

UPSOLD ME FROM GREAT 3RD BASELINE TICKETS INTO SUITE TICKETS THAT DID NOT EXIST! NO SEATS IN THE SUITE!!! THE BASICALLY TOLD ME "TOO BAD" NOT OUR FAULT!! OFFERED 50% CREDIT SO THEY WOULD HAVE ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO F-ME AGAIN NO THANKS DID A CC CHARGEBACK AND DELETED MY STUBHUB ACCOUNT

jenniferd201
7/14/17

The night of U2 I went online to purchase a pair of seats for $282 per seat and waited quite a while while the "tickets were processing or printing" section of the transaction. I became concerned and contacted Stub Hub who put me on hold and returned to the phone statng that they "pushed the tickets through". My boyfriend and I sat in our seats only to be harassed 2x by security that we had the wrong seats, and then another couple came and had the same seats we did and began to cause a fuss. I became upset and was told I needed to leave the stadium despite the fact that we had paid close to $600 for our seats. I was also out parking and had to miss the rest of the show. No apologies for the humiliation, trouble and horrific experience from a really cheezy company that prints more than one seat for its customers. Hopefully you won't suffer the same horrendous experience that left me in tears!!!!!

becausea
7/13/17

I put thickets up there for a listing, two sold but I never received an email on where to ship them so I then get a call telling me that after not even sending me a confirmation email they were charging me a 300$ fee for not sending tickets. In the end they gave me back the fee but I would have gotten 400$ for those tickets and now I'm stuck waiting 5-10 business days for my "fee" to be put back on my card.

ericm190
7/5/17

Bought tickets from stubhub only to find out the concert was canceled and they wouldn't issue a refund, real shady company especially with their 'money back guarantee' which is non-existent.

petem52
7/3/17

Purchased tickets and within seconds I noticed did wrong date, Called and was told the tickets were mine and they would let me resell but could not cancel order or exchange tickets. Very poor customer service. Tickets were not yet available for me to print but order could not be changed???? Not a customer friendly company. Will not use again and would not recommend to others,

margor1
6/19/17

I had baseball tickets that I wanted to use but couldn't attend the game...tried to sell via stub Hub but the prices they were giving me were crazy low...felt ripped off majorly

mollym46
6/15/17

Terrible and rude customer service. I was charged $12 for a packing slip since I was not able to upload my tickets via PDF (which no one told me the PDF's had to be originals). Will NEVER buy/sell from StubHub again and I am telling ALL my friends the same thing.

chrish313
6/14/17

Bought some tickets that said they were ADA compliant and wheelchair accessible. After I take delivery, I find out the tickets are limited to people in wheelchairs. We cannot use the tickets. Nowhere during the process do I receive a warning that the tickets are limited. Stub Hub tells me to resell the tickets. I would have the list the tickets for $25 more per ticket to recover the price I paid. But that is not all. Not only does StubHub charge the buyer a fee, they also charge the seller 10% of the sales price. What rip off. Never again will I buy from StubHub.

dougs78
6/14/17

Due to a business conflict, I can't attend the U2 concert coming up 6/24/17. I paid $1400 with fees several months ago. I went to try the "Sell your tickets" for the first time ever and the "Suggested Price" populated at $225 which of course was below the face of $285 and the average for my section of over $500. I change the price to $625 and went to bed. Next morning, email says sold at $225...now I am getting the run around and told I am responsible, they said my tickets sold 1 MINUTE after the listing. They are honoring the sale and trying to bag me. I call the help center (which is in Jamaica ) I all I hear is too bad. My correct tickets are listed but they are honoring the purchase which was obviously a ripoff flipper.

lorit44
6/10/17

Did someone say... "Family Tradition?"
Hank is the best!!
What a fabulously talented entertainer.
Where can I see you next?
Let's find Chris Stapleton along too!

susank136
6/6/17

I used stub hub in the past to buy parking for a Yankees game (can no longer do this as of last yr). Got a 75.00 gift card for Mother's Day. Bought 4 Yankees tickets (85.00 each). Stub hub charged 8 for each downloadable ticket and 75.00 additional service charge!!!!! Never again. Total rip off. Buying direct from Yankees cost less.

minatis
6/1/17

Order No. 212831590

1. It is my first time ever selling tickets on stubhub. I could not make it to Hamilton for the dates I had the tickets and attempted to sell on stubhub - $700 for a pair
2. I updated all the details of the tickets as accurately as I could - there was an usability issue with their site, which I will get to in a bit.
3. I received an email a few days later that the tickets had been sold and to mail the tickets within 48 hrs else I would be charged a hefty penalty. I went out of my way on a weekend to make sure the tickets get mailed via UPS
4. The next day I get notified that the sale has been cancelled due to 'wrong sale' and I had been charged a hefty amount of $538 without any explanation
5. I panic and call the CS trying to figure out why I was charged, since the ticket number matched exactly with the original tickets in hand and they responded saying the tickets mentioned partial view on the face and I didn't mention the same before selling. It took me 10 mins to walk with the CS over the phone to 'learn' how to tick this check box hidden in the pop-up window for partial view.
6. It has been over 10 days since this incident, and I have not been returned my original tickets or paid for them and I have been charged an extra $538 - apparently to provide buyer with new tickets.

stephanier96
5/20/17

To start off my husband bought tickets for us to go see a musical. He bought the tickets 2 months prior to the event. We were told that the tickets would arrive the Wednesday before the event (which took place on a saturday). Long story short tickets never came then they said oh you'll get it 2 days before and it will be an electonic copy. Do you think they came? Nope. We had to call and say we still never recieved them. They they informed him that the tickets were never validated. What does that mean? How do you charge people but not give them their tickets? They then said that they would have to bump us back a couple of rows. which once we got to the location we were expecting to see a Broadway play but arriving at the location and find its a tiny theatre with a bunch of no names and we paid $700 for 2 tickets after taxes to find out that tickets were only being sold for 30 per ticket. We called stubhub to complain. According to stub hub this is ok?..... no its not! I wish I could rate this 0 stars. We will never be using your site again. Please never use this site!

jennifers375
5/18/17

I tried using Stub Hub for the 1st Time recently to sell 2 tickets for I Love the 90s' concert and WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!! When I searched for my concert title on their website couldn't find the date my tickets were for. All of the other concert dates were listed but not the date I had. I realized I could find my concert date if I typed in the concert name plus added all of the artists names along with it. No one is going to search for a concert that way. I immediately contacted them to be told it was an error and it would be corrected within 3 days. Well I checked, and again it wasn't corrected so I contacted them a 2nd time to be told it would be correct within 3 days. Yet again it wasn't corrected. I then contacted them a 3rd time to be told my issue would be escalated but it was only corrected at the last minute and my tickets did not sell. I know my tickets would have sold had people been able to find them easily on the website. I even reduced my tics well below others and it was too late. I contacted Stub Hub to tell my this and I was told there is not guarantee. WHAT? I never expected a guarantee but I expected my tickets to be exposed to as many people as possible and that did not happen. WHAT A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!! I DESERVE TO BE REIMBURSED FOR MY TICKETS WHICH I WAS DENIED.

sammym24
5/18/17

I'd give 0 if I could. After posting my ticket online, I sold it in person. This company does not make it easy to figure out how to ticket your ticket off of it so while, I'm at work yesterday (where I sold my ticket and where I'm not allowed to use my phone) someone bought my ticket. The reason I sold this ticket was to get money to put towards my hospital bills for a surgery I recently had to get. Now half the money I sold the ticket for in person goes to this multimillion dollar company while I have to sit here and eat the cost while I max out another credit card because this company doesn't make their website easy for consumers. I will never buy or sell tickets from this company, and I will make sure that everyone in my friend groups understands how unsimpithetic they are.

zahlem
5/18/17

I have read your reviews and find them somewhat disturbing. I wish to go and see cat stevens and fear the cost and whether or not I will receive the tickets etc. I would love to go and see him and have become concerned after reading your reviews. We will be wanting to go come rain or shine and understand if he doesn't play for some reason or other that we perhaps won't be reimbursed, although I feel that is low. However, I feel somewhat concerned and apprehensive about purchasing tickets from your company.
LuLu

cindye28
5/12/17

Be aware when you put tickets on StubHub, they reserve the right to charge you any amount (over 100%) of the listed price if the order doesn't go through. And no supervisor will negotiate the charge. Never use this company.

robc81
5/10/17

bought 5 tickets for a gig,and due to unforseen circumstances could,nt go.
Asked for help,no help,tickets were bought double face value with admin fees etc,etc,
Then to cap it all,if you try and, sell through their website,they again take more fees.
Please leave well alone.
Well out of pocket and will definately NOT USE AGAIN!

178 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

That's my assumption. Some other people on this site might be able to answer that from actual experience.

By Michele G. on 5/3/15
Helpful answer

They sell tickets they do not actually have yet. They started selling tickets for a Garth Brooks concert in Salt Lake City before tickets even went on sale. They have no way of knowing if they will actually get tickets to fulfill orders, and just cancel the order the day before the event if they don't have the tickets. Its pretty much a gamble with Stub Hub if you will get your tickets or not.

By Michelle W. on 10/1/15
Helpful answer

Stub hub only does resales so they can rip off the seller as well as the buyer

By tony d. on 6/21/15
Helpful answer

Don't worry, you will get tickets. It can be absurd how much they charge for Shipping, yet only get you tix just before.

By Sean S. on 3/13/16
Helpful answer

They are perfectly legit. Great place to buy tickets someone else is looking for a buyer for. I found tickets on stub, bought them, and the next day they called me and said they had been double sold. Stubhub gave me tickets that were worth $300 more than the ones I got shafted out of and got me seats next to the stage for my teen daughters first concert! Cant beat that! My kids will never forget it, completely PRICELESS!! AS far as selling your tickets here I have heard that they take a percentage, but its a great place to sell them unless you can find a buyer yourself. Good luck!

By shea m. on 6/2/16
Helpful answer

I did not get my tickets thru Mail, I had to print mine off

By Lord v. on 1/24/16
Helpful answer

DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER listing with Stub Hub, aka Sam Goody. This crook web site is slamming the REAL StubHub.com. Pathetic!!

By Marie D. on 8/14/15
Helpful answer

hi I am not sure as I haven't tried to use the tickets yet - they are e-tickets printed off...I wouldn't be surprised if I have got ripped off again....just don't use them...they were really unhelpful when I called and pointed out that I had paid double the face value and a ridulous service charge...they may as well have said "hard cheese|" you are stupid and you deserve to get ripped off...expensive mistake ...one that I will never repeat!

By colleen p. on 7/5/13
Helpful answer

I agree with kire j about stub hub - my experience was terrible. I was not sent a visa card. I would check like Michele w bedore you get too worried. better still phone the visa card company - I cant see how you can get a visa without applying and them sharing your personal details. best use ticket master or some other reputable company in the future. I tried stub hub just to do something different - I wont in the future"! hope you sort it out

By colleen p. on 11/9/15
Helpful answer

Call them and ask if they're the StubHub fake site located in CA or they are the real StubHub.com. The fake site in CA is really giving the real StubHub a bad reputation. I would take Tony D.'s suggestion. Vivid, TicketMaster, etc. are REAL brokers.

By Marie D. on 8/28/15
Questions? Get answers from the StubHub staff and other customers.

4 Photos for StubHub