Review of StubHub

San Francisco, CA 94105
Tel: 1.866.788.2482

margor1
6/19/17

I had baseball tickets that I wanted to use but couldn't attend the game...tried to sell via stub Hub but the prices they were giving me were crazy low...felt ripped off majorly

mollym46
6/15/17

Terrible and rude customer service. I was charged $12 for a packing slip since I was not able to upload my tickets via PDF (which no one told me the PDF's had to be originals). Will NEVER buy/sell from StubHub again and I am telling ALL my friends the same thing.

chrish313
6/14/17

Bought some tickets that said they were ADA compliant and wheelchair accessible. After I take delivery, I find out the tickets are limited to people in wheelchairs. We cannot use the tickets. Nowhere during the process do I receive a warning that the tickets are limited. Stub Hub tells me to resell the tickets. I would have the list the tickets for $25 more per ticket to recover the price I paid. But that is not all. Not only does StubHub charge the buyer a fee, they also charge the seller 10% of the sales price. What rip off. Never again will I buy from StubHub.

dougs78
6/14/17

Due to a business conflict, I can't attend the U2 concert coming up 6/24/17. I paid $1400 with fees several months ago. I went to try the "Sell your tickets" for the first time ever and the "Suggested Price" populated at $225 which of course was below the face of $285 and the average for my section of over $500. I change the price to $625 and went to bed. Next morning, email says sold at $225...now I am getting the run around and told I am responsible, they said my tickets sold 1 MINUTE after the listing. They are honoring the sale and trying to bag me. I call the help center (which is in Jamaica ) I all I hear is too bad. My correct tickets are listed but they are honoring the purchase which was obviously a ripoff flipper.

lorit44
6/10/17

Did someone say... "Family Tradition?"
Hank is the best!!
What a fabulously talented entertainer.
Where can I see you next?
Let's find Chris Stapleton along too!

susank136
6/6/17

I used stub hub in the past to buy parking for a Yankees game (can no longer do this as of last yr). Got a 75.00 gift card for Mother's Day. Bought 4 Yankees tickets (85.00 each). Stub hub charged 8 for each downloadable ticket and 75.00 additional service charge!!!!! Never again. Total rip off. Buying direct from Yankees cost less.

minatis
6/1/17

Order No. 212831590

1. It is my first time ever selling tickets on stubhub. I could not make it to Hamilton for the dates I had the tickets and attempted to sell on stubhub - $700 for a pair
2. I updated all the details of the tickets as accurately as I could - there was an usability issue with their site, which I will get to in a bit.
3. I received an email a few days later that the tickets had been sold and to mail the tickets within 48 hrs else I would be charged a hefty penalty. I went out of my way on a weekend to make sure the tickets get mailed via UPS
4. The next day I get notified that the sale has been cancelled due to 'wrong sale' and I had been charged a hefty amount of $538 without any explanation
5. I panic and call the CS trying to figure out why I was charged, since the ticket number matched exactly with the original tickets in hand and they responded saying the tickets mentioned partial view on the face and I didn't mention the same before selling. It took me 10 mins to walk with the CS over the phone to 'learn' how to tick this check box hidden in the pop-up window for partial view.
6. It has been over 10 days since this incident, and I have not been returned my original tickets or paid for them and I have been charged an extra $538 - apparently to provide buyer with new tickets.

stephanier96
5/20/17

To start off my husband bought tickets for us to go see a musical. He bought the tickets 2 months prior to the event. We were told that the tickets would arrive the Wednesday before the event (which took place on a saturday). Long story short tickets never came then they said oh you'll get it 2 days before and it will be an electonic copy. Do you think they came? Nope. We had to call and say we still never recieved them. They they informed him that the tickets were never validated. What does that mean? How do you charge people but not give them their tickets? They then said that they would have to bump us back a couple of rows. which once we got to the location we were expecting to see a Broadway play but arriving at the location and find its a tiny theatre with a bunch of no names and we paid $700 for 2 tickets after taxes to find out that tickets were only being sold for 30 per ticket. We called stubhub to complain. According to stub hub this is ok?..... no its not! I wish I could rate this 0 stars. We will never be using your site again. Please never use this site!

jennifers375
5/18/17

I tried using Stub Hub for the 1st Time recently to sell 2 tickets for I Love the 90s' concert and WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!! When I searched for my concert title on their website couldn't find the date my tickets were for. All of the other concert dates were listed but not the date I had. I realized I could find my concert date if I typed in the concert name plus added all of the artists names along with it. No one is going to search for a concert that way. I immediately contacted them to be told it was an error and it would be corrected within 3 days. Well I checked, and again it wasn't corrected so I contacted them a 2nd time to be told it would be correct within 3 days. Yet again it wasn't corrected. I then contacted them a 3rd time to be told my issue would be escalated but it was only corrected at the last minute and my tickets did not sell. I know my tickets would have sold had people been able to find them easily on the website. I even reduced my tics well below others and it was too late. I contacted Stub Hub to tell my this and I was told there is not guarantee. WHAT? I never expected a guarantee but I expected my tickets to be exposed to as many people as possible and that did not happen. WHAT A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!! I DESERVE TO BE REIMBURSED FOR MY TICKETS WHICH I WAS DENIED.

sammym24
5/18/17

I'd give 0 if I could. After posting my ticket online, I sold it in person. This company does not make it easy to figure out how to ticket your ticket off of it so while, I'm at work yesterday (where I sold my ticket and where I'm not allowed to use my phone) someone bought my ticket. The reason I sold this ticket was to get money to put towards my hospital bills for a surgery I recently had to get. Now half the money I sold the ticket for in person goes to this multimillion dollar company while I have to sit here and eat the cost while I max out another credit card because this company doesn't make their website easy for consumers. I will never buy or sell tickets from this company, and I will make sure that everyone in my friend groups understands how unsimpithetic they are.

zahlem
5/18/17

I have read your reviews and find them somewhat disturbing. I wish to go and see cat stevens and fear the cost and whether or not I will receive the tickets etc. I would love to go and see him and have become concerned after reading your reviews. We will be wanting to go come rain or shine and understand if he doesn't play for some reason or other that we perhaps won't be reimbursed, although I feel that is low. However, I feel somewhat concerned and apprehensive about purchasing tickets from your company.
LuLu

cindye28
5/12/17

Be aware when you put tickets on StubHub, they reserve the right to charge you any amount (over 100%) of the listed price if the order doesn't go through. And no supervisor will negotiate the charge. Never use this company.

robc81
5/10/17

bought 5 tickets for a gig,and due to unforseen circumstances could,nt go.
Asked for help,no help,tickets were bought double face value with admin fees etc,etc,
Then to cap it all,if you try and, sell through their website,they again take more fees.
Please leave well alone.
Well out of pocket and will definately NOT USE AGAIN!

stephs19
5/8/17

Stubhub is great if the outing you are going to happens. I just bought tickets to a baseball game that got rained out in Denver. Now I'm out $700 because I can't make it to the postponed game because I live 1000 miles from the venue. Other than reselling the tickets to a makeup game that is the next day there are no options. I have to get back home for health related issues and they wouldn't work with me at all. Really frustrated. I will never use STUBHUB again and I will tell everyone I know not to use it.

hok10
5/7/17

Ok first of all. Stubhub is marketing company. They are selling for a parent companies. They do not give refund if the show is rescheduled. I bought a ticket for padres vs dodgers on may 7th 2017. Because of weather, the show was cancelled. The game was reachedueled for september 2nd. SEPTEMBER 2ND.... I called them for a refund or exchange for a different game. They are telling me they cant do that because they are MARKETING COMPANY. Stupid company. Never buy ticket from them if they cant be responsible for what they are selling.

toms314
4/25/17

I purchased two floor seats to a wizards game below face value from stubhub over a week prior to the game. My card was charged and tickets confirmed. Since they were vip floor seats I made travel arrangements and hotel accomodations. Both my wife and I also coordinated a day off work. Approx 24 hours before the event StubHub notified me the seller cancelled the tickets . Within 24 hours I didn't have enough notice to cancel travel or hotel so I was forced to accept the replacement tickets which were no where near the floor in the 200 level since they were comparable in price. Well 24 hours before the event all prices are much higher then a week or two out so the tickets are no where near as good.i applaud StubHub and their policy, customer service was great. The fact they let sellers cancel the day before the event when I had the tickets for over a week, that could have been cancelled much sooner is unacceptable . I don't blame the stub hub customer service team they were great, I blame their terrible policies that allow greedy sellers to make money and screw normal people. I won't be using stub hub again and I recommend nobody make plans such as hotel and travel dependant on tickets from stub hub.

hongkitw
4/20/17

In March 2017, I placed the order for 4 tickets of BPL football game (Southampton vs Man City) which was taken place in Southampton on 15 April. I was charged for the full payment immediately after my placing of the order. It was promised that the tickets will be delivered to the hotel in London where I will be staying. Accordingly, I've also bought the train tickets which brought me from London to Southampton in the early morning of 15 April as well.
However, the tickets still didn't arrive at the London hotel at the time we left London in the morning of the day of the game, even after several push by us to their customer service (who was just saying that nothing they could do....) on the day before.
So in the end we can't get the tickets we bought from Stub Hub. End up we bought another 4 tickets directly from the stadium ticket office just before the game at face value (which are much much cheaper than the price we have paid to Stub Hub).
We have been tracing for refund via their customer service, but still no actions from them are seen yet... They just keep saying that actually the tickets did finally reach the hotel at noon time on the day of the game (which is a few hours before the ball is kicked off in a venue nearly a hundred miles away), they have fulfilled all their responsibilities and so totally no refund at all!!!
I'm not complaining here about the price or the payment timing, as both of these are known by me before I placed the order. But the delivery arrangement and subsequent customer service and assistance are really terrible.
I feel this like a fraud case by such a company.

karena126
4/7/17

YOU WILL REGRET BUYING TICKETS HERE, PLEASE DO NOT BUY THEM THEY ARE A TOTALLY RIP OFF... THIS PEOPLE HAVE NO MORALS WHAT SO EVER,,, IF A TICKETS IS 100 DOLLARS YOU WILL END UP PAYING 300 SO NOT FAIR AT ALL

mickeyc16
4/6/17

While attempting to purchase tickets to see Jerry Seinfeld for my wife's birthday on June 1 I found a show in my city for June 8. I found 2 seats orchestra 5th row. As I was purchasing them the app said "sorry those tickets are no longer available" or words to that effect. I went back to look for 2 seats and found 4th row orchestra for $20 more per ticket.

As I was about to complete this transaction I got a message from the app "You've already purchased tickets to this event are you sure you want 2 more tickets. I figured I got the 5th row seats and went about my business.

A couple of hours later I got an email from Tripit asking if I was prepared for the Seinfeld show on April 13th. What?!
I didn't order for that date. I will be out of the country on that date. I immediately called StumpHump and explained what happened. They told me "Give our tech department 48 hours to review your purchase" 77 hours go by so I call customer service. I speak with Mike the supervisor who first tells me tech is still reviewing but that the app never malfunctions and I could list the tickets to sell!!!?

If the app never malfunctions what were they reviewing? I have since read several reviews where other people experienced precisely the same app malfunction that I did.

So my tickets are up for sale on SeatGeak. Look at their reviews on the app store. Way better than StumpHump.

nataliee23
4/5/17

Eric Church was playing here in Spokane this March. Last minute, I decided I would spend the money to get a floor ticket because it was a concert I did not want to miss. After I entered my card information, and it looks like it all went through, I went to "view and print" and was shocked when it lead me to a page that told me I did not have the tickets! Being that I was in the parking lot of the arena at this point, I was extremely disappointed. Later that week, I noticed my account was charged over $100. Sure enough, it was Stubhub! When I called to get my account refunded, thinking it would be any easy fix, I was furious when they refused to refund me. They told me that everything looked confirmed on their end and that the tickets were readily available immediately after payment. I assured them that was DEFINITELY not the case. They proceeded to tell me that I should have a confirmation email. I, to this day, have zero emails from Stubhub. After about 30 minutes talking with customer services, they told me someone would contact me within 24-48 hours to get it sorted out. Needless to say, I never got a call. I will be disputing this charge through my credit union. I will never use them again and I most certainly will be steering others away as well.

lorinl1
4/4/17

My group of friends and I were so excited to go to the Lil Wayne concert in Gainesville, Florida. We bought tickets off of this site spending over $300 and THEY WERE FAKE TICKETS! We walked in the event where we're denied entry (so embarrassing!) and informed of this news. So ridiculous! All StubHud offered to do was refund our money WITHIN 3-5 business days. So here we are, 2 hours out of town, down over $300, and not attending the concert we were so crazy about seeing. Please, please, please protect your money and STAY AWAY FROM STUBHUB!

loyt9
3/20/17

They over charged me $25 for $60 of tickets. When I spoke to the manager he acknowledged they have hidden and.misleading fees but refused to help me at all. I wI'll never use stubhub again

robertj206
3/19/17

they charge the seller 10% and the buyer 20%, if you have an issue they will not get back to you, you will be stuck and lose your money. go to the venue to buy tickets, they are always cheaper and they are real tickets

juliav16
3/17/17

I purchased two tickets and spent $266 on what I thought were good seats. I printed my tickets and saw that the list price on each ticket was $35 - meaning I spent $266 after taxes and fees when I should have only spent $100. Due to the nature of the site being a marketplace, there is no way to know whether or not the seller is listing at a fair price. I recommend doing some very serious research on the seats if you can - reps from the company will mostly just say "I understand that you're upset" rather than be any sort of help.

blakes38
3/9/17

I purchased 3 tickets for rodeo Houston from them. Once they finally finished my transaction it said I had to physically go pick up the tickets so I called concerned being that I was already on my way to rodeo to just be told if I wanted electronic tickets I'd have to buy 3 more tickets which cost me 4x the original purchase price. I will never use stub hub again.

178 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

That's my assumption. Some other people on this site might be able to answer that from actual experience.

By Michele G. on 5/3/15
Helpful answer

They sell tickets they do not actually have yet. They started selling tickets for a Garth Brooks concert in Salt Lake City before tickets even went on sale. They have no way of knowing if they will actually get tickets to fulfill orders, and just cancel the order the day before the event if they don't have the tickets. Its pretty much a gamble with Stub Hub if you will get your tickets or not.

By Michelle W. on 10/1/15
Helpful answer

Stub hub only does resales so they can rip off the seller as well as the buyer

By tony d. on 6/21/15
Helpful answer

Don't worry, you will get tickets. It can be absurd how much they charge for Shipping, yet only get you tix just before.

By Sean S. on 3/13/16
Helpful answer

They are perfectly legit. Great place to buy tickets someone else is looking for a buyer for. I found tickets on stub, bought them, and the next day they called me and said they had been double sold. Stubhub gave me tickets that were worth $300 more than the ones I got shafted out of and got me seats next to the stage for my teen daughters first concert! Cant beat that! My kids will never forget it, completely PRICELESS!! AS far as selling your tickets here I have heard that they take a percentage, but its a great place to sell them unless you can find a buyer yourself. Good luck!

By shea m. on 6/2/16
Helpful answer

I did not get my tickets thru Mail, I had to print mine off

By Lord v. on 1/24/16
Helpful answer

DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER listing with Stub Hub, aka Sam Goody. This crook web site is slamming the REAL StubHub.com. Pathetic!!

By Marie D. on 8/14/15
Helpful answer

hi I am not sure as I haven't tried to use the tickets yet - they are e-tickets printed off...I wouldn't be surprised if I have got ripped off again....just don't use them...they were really unhelpful when I called and pointed out that I had paid double the face value and a ridulous service charge...they may as well have said "hard cheese|" you are stupid and you deserve to get ripped off...expensive mistake ...one that I will never repeat!

By colleen p. on 7/5/13
Helpful answer

I agree with kire j about stub hub - my experience was terrible. I was not sent a visa card. I would check like Michele w bedore you get too worried. better still phone the visa card company - I cant see how you can get a visa without applying and them sharing your personal details. best use ticket master or some other reputable company in the future. I tried stub hub just to do something different - I wont in the future"! hope you sort it out

By colleen p. on 11/9/15
Helpful answer

Call them and ask if they're the StubHub fake site located in CA or they are the real StubHub.com. The fake site in CA is really giving the real StubHub a bad reputation. I would take Tony D.'s suggestion. Vivid, TicketMaster, etc. are REAL brokers.

By Marie D. on 8/28/15
Questions? Get answers from the StubHub staff and other customers.

4 Photos for StubHub