Review of StubHub

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

toms314
4/25/17

I purchased two floor seats to a wizards game below face value from stubhub over a week prior to the game. My card was charged and tickets confirmed. Since they were vip floor seats I made travel arrangements and hotel accomodations. Both my wife and I also coordinated a day off work. Approx 24 hours before the event StubHub notified me the seller cancelled the tickets . Within 24 hours I didn't have enough notice to cancel travel or hotel so I was forced to accept the replacement tickets which were no where near the floor in the 200 level since they were comparable in price. Well 24 hours before the event all prices are much higher then a week or two out so the tickets are no where near as good.i applaud StubHub and their policy, customer service was great. The fact they let sellers cancel the day before the event when I had the tickets for over a week, that could have been cancelled much sooner is unacceptable . I don't blame the stub hub customer service team they were great, I blame their terrible policies that allow greedy sellers to make money and screw normal people. I won't be using stub hub again and I recommend nobody make plans such as hotel and travel dependant on tickets from stub hub.

hongkitw
4/20/17

In March 2017, I placed the order for 4 tickets of BPL football game (Southampton vs Man City) which was taken place in Southampton on 15 April. I was charged for the full payment immediately after my placing of the order. It was promised that the tickets will be delivered to the hotel in London where I will be staying. Accordingly, I've also bought the train tickets which brought me from London to Southampton in the early morning of 15 April as well.
However, the tickets still didn't arrive at the London hotel at the time we left London in the morning of the day of the game, even after several push by us to their customer service (who was just saying that nothing they could do....) on the day before.
So in the end we can't get the tickets we bought from Stub Hub. End up we bought another 4 tickets directly from the stadium ticket office just before the game at face value (which are much much cheaper than the price we have paid to Stub Hub).
We have been tracing for refund via their customer service, but still no actions from them are seen yet... They just keep saying that actually the tickets did finally reach the hotel at noon time on the day of the game (which is a few hours before the ball is kicked off in a venue nearly a hundred miles away), they have fulfilled all their responsibilities and so totally no refund at all!!!
I'm not complaining here about the price or the payment timing, as both of these are known by me before I placed the order. But the delivery arrangement and subsequent customer service and assistance are really terrible.
I feel this like a fraud case by such a company.

karena126
4/7/17

YOU WILL REGRET BUYING TICKETS HERE, PLEASE DO NOT BUY THEM THEY ARE A TOTALLY RIP OFF... THIS PEOPLE HAVE NO MORALS WHAT SO EVER,,, IF A TICKETS IS 100 DOLLARS YOU WILL END UP PAYING 300 SO NOT FAIR AT ALL

mickeyc16
4/6/17

While attempting to purchase tickets to see Jerry Seinfeld for my wife's birthday on June 1 I found a show in my city for June 8. I found 2 seats orchestra 5th row. As I was purchasing them the app said "sorry those tickets are no longer available" or words to that effect. I went back to look for 2 seats and found 4th row orchestra for $20 more per ticket.

As I was about to complete this transaction I got a message from the app "You've already purchased tickets to this event are you sure you want 2 more tickets. I figured I got the 5th row seats and went about my business.

A couple of hours later I got an email from Tripit asking if I was prepared for the Seinfeld show on April 13th. What?!
I didn't order for that date. I will be out of the country on that date. I immediately called StumpHump and explained what happened. They told me "Give our tech department 48 hours to review your purchase" 77 hours go by so I call customer service. I speak with Mike the supervisor who first tells me tech is still reviewing but that the app never malfunctions and I could list the tickets to sell!!!?

If the app never malfunctions what were they reviewing? I have since read several reviews where other people experienced precisely the same app malfunction that I did.

So my tickets are up for sale on SeatGeak. Look at their reviews on the app store. Way better than StumpHump.

nataliee23
4/5/17

Eric Church was playing here in Spokane this March. Last minute, I decided I would spend the money to get a floor ticket because it was a concert I did not want to miss. After I entered my card information, and it looks like it all went through, I went to "view and print" and was shocked when it lead me to a page that told me I did not have the tickets! Being that I was in the parking lot of the arena at this point, I was extremely disappointed. Later that week, I noticed my account was charged over $100. Sure enough, it was Stubhub! When I called to get my account refunded, thinking it would be any easy fix, I was furious when they refused to refund me. They told me that everything looked confirmed on their end and that the tickets were readily available immediately after payment. I assured them that was DEFINITELY not the case. They proceeded to tell me that I should have a confirmation email. I, to this day, have zero emails from Stubhub. After about 30 minutes talking with customer services, they told me someone would contact me within 24-48 hours to get it sorted out. Needless to say, I never got a call. I will be disputing this charge through my credit union. I will never use them again and I most certainly will be steering others away as well.

lorinl1
4/4/17

My group of friends and I were so excited to go to the Lil Wayne concert in Gainesville, Florida. We bought tickets off of this site spending over $300 and THEY WERE FAKE TICKETS! We walked in the event where we're denied entry (so embarrassing!) and informed of this news. So ridiculous! All StubHud offered to do was refund our money WITHIN 3-5 business days. So here we are, 2 hours out of town, down over $300, and not attending the concert we were so crazy about seeing. Please, please, please protect your money and STAY AWAY FROM STUBHUB!

loyt9
3/20/17

They over charged me $25 for $60 of tickets. When I spoke to the manager he acknowledged they have hidden and.misleading fees but refused to help me at all. I wI'll never use stubhub again

robertj206
3/19/17

they charge the seller 10% and the buyer 20%, if you have an issue they will not get back to you, you will be stuck and lose your money. go to the venue to buy tickets, they are always cheaper and they are real tickets

juliav16
3/17/17

I purchased two tickets and spent $266 on what I thought were good seats. I printed my tickets and saw that the list price on each ticket was $35 - meaning I spent $266 after taxes and fees when I should have only spent $100. Due to the nature of the site being a marketplace, there is no way to know whether or not the seller is listing at a fair price. I recommend doing some very serious research on the seats if you can - reps from the company will mostly just say "I understand that you're upset" rather than be any sort of help.

blakes38
3/9/17

I purchased 3 tickets for rodeo Houston from them. Once they finally finished my transaction it said I had to physically go pick up the tickets so I called concerned being that I was already on my way to rodeo to just be told if I wanted electronic tickets I'd have to buy 3 more tickets which cost me 4x the original purchase price. I will never use stub hub again.

amandam183
3/9/17

Haha thanks for $#*!ing me over. I could have bought 6 tickets for your 3 tickets anywhere else. I literally could have bought 6 tickets for $101 anywhere else. I can't believe I was dumb enough not to shop around first. Good for you stubhub you are scam artist and must think highly of yourself for ripping people all. All I got left to say is... Go $#*! yourself stubhub. Do not, I repeat do not buy tickets from them people, you are being scammed out of your hard earned money to a bunch of $#*!s laughing at you every time you purchase a ticket from them.

jh539
2/27/17

I purchased tickets from them for a concert in Texas. I live in FL. It was for a special birthday. I purchased the tickets for over $400 for just my husband and I. I booked airline tickets from Orlando to San Antonio, rental car to drive to Gruene TX. Booked hotel room for 4 nights. After all was booked and they said tickets were on the way I received a phone call. They refunded my money saying UPS lost my tickets. I'm so stuck not to mention I'm a senior citizen and this was a bucket list trip.
This resale stuff needs to be stopped. Never again. All they could say was Sorry! What am I supposed to do for 4 days in Gruene Tx and no Jerry Jeff tickets. Ruined so much including very hard earned money to do this trip. I know things could be worse like terminal illness etc. I've been there too. But this is just wrong to cost seniors thousands of dollars and then cancel your reason for going. Stay away from these people.

bekab
2/26/17

PLEASE WHATEVER YOU DO, DONT USE THIS WEBSITE TO SELL TICKETS. I took my offer off of stubhub and it "didnt go through" and so I was charged $241. I called them and they told me (actually promised) that I wouldnt have to pay more than what I sold the tickets for and I called back today and got hung up on and then was told that the promise was not true.

scotts245
2/24/17

I just bought tickets to a college basketball game. When I went to download the tickets, it says in big print, OBSTRUCTED VIEW. I went back and looked at the ad, and the seller did disclose that, however, it's not very visible, there's no pop-up that says you are buying obstructed seats.... Additionally, they show a photo from the section, and there is nothing that would indicate obstructed view. I immediately called StubHub (within 5 minutes of purchase) and they wouldn't do anything for me. So, not only did they make money from the seller, they made a significant service fee from me. They were condescending on my call, and would even adjust the service fee. I'm a very good customer as I've sold several professional football tickets on StubHub, and have purchased. Beware.

rachelb105
2/24/17

this company is one of the WORST companies i have ever had the "pleasure" of working with. I bought tickets on ticketmaster and listed them on stubhub because i was hoping to buy four tickets instead of two with seats all together. when i listed them i clicked 'upload tickets later' because i was still trying to transfer the file to PDF version. I immediately web chatted stubhub to see if this was acceptable- THE FEATURE DOES NOT WORK. if you click on anything else on your computer it will dissapear. so i emailed the support line after i screenshotted and converted my mobile tickets to PDF and they said that that was unaccetptable. WHEN I HAD TRIED TO CONTACT THEM TO ASK THE QUESTION MULTIPLE TIMES. WITHIN 24 HOURS BEFORE I EVEN HAD A CHANCE TO CONTACT TICKET MASTER I WAS CHARGED 105 DOLLAR CANCELLATION FEE. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM. DONT EVER TRY TO RESELL TICKETS THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT FIT TO HANDLE AN ISSUE AND DOESNT EVEN SUPPORT THEIR CHAT FEATURE. DONT RISK GETTING CHARGED.

tiaral2
2/23/17

Stubhub sold me bad tickets to a concert I waited over four months to see and they will only refund you to a stubhub gift card so you still have to use that money on their site. Plus they charge a $30 fee just to use their site to buy tickets. If I could leave less than one star I would.

kellyl110
2/16/17

We purchased Garth Brooks tickets over a month ago and were guaranteed they would be here on time...what a mistake it was to believe this crap. When told about our concerns stubhub guaranteed that we would get equivalent or better tickets if ours didn't arrive on time .... they of course FAILED to deliver on their own guarantees... NEVER AGAIN WILL I PURCHASE through this company and would highly recommend that everyone avoid this company at all costs...... I am surprised they are able to stay in business....

neilr44
2/16/17

I ordered (2) tickets for a total of $286 (including the StubHub $50 fee). First I received a confirmation by email that the transaction went through and "my tickets were on the way."

The next day, I received another email stating that the tickets would arrive in two days. Yesterday - these idiots sent the following email for a national musical show coming up in 2 days (includes their typos): "Your order was cancelled and a credit is on the way. Weve cancelled the following order and you wont receive the tickets. Were sorry it didnt work out. We?re contacting you about your recent order.. Unfortunately, your seller let us know that they?re unable to deliver the tickets that you originally ordered."

This is simply outrageous and I'm sending a complaint to The Attorney General of California. To make matters worse, the emails say "do not reply." So, how can they sell tickets when they haven't secured them? How do I know that they didn't get a higher price and just cancelled my order? This company is run by a bunch of arrogant "20 somethings" who have no clue as to how to conduct business properly and ethically.

I hope that a sharp attorney will begin a class-action lawsuit and put an end to this unscrupulous company. They have ruined a special evening for my wife & I - and they couldn't care less. This is FRAUD!!!

caroler14
2/14/17

If I could give a zero, I most definitely would

StubHub are lying thieves...
Buyer beware. We purchased $1600 worth of tickets to a show. 7 of us drove 2 hours to get there & when we got there, 2 of the tickets were not valid! To top it off, they then charged our credit card an additional $1000!!!!

charliej19
2/14/17

Bought two tickets never received they gave me a song and dance about we cant reprint and your out 240 dollars

georgiam23
2/10/17

After posting tickets on this website for re-sale and then having them cancelled , stub hub were incredibly quick to charge me 25% of my ticket price which was a large amount, with no confirmation or notice

jeremyo7
2/6/17

I recently purchased tickets to a concert that was sold out through Stub Hub and did so about a month before the event, so it wasn't last minute. We then booked accommodation as we believed we were going to receive tickets. To my shock, 3 days before the event I received an email saying the seller was not going to be able to provide the tickets...luckily I was able to cancel the accommodation as I had taken an option with cancellation, but I could not believe that they would have a process in place that does not secure the tickets earlier. By the time we received the email there were no other options to purchase tickets so we were not able to attend.

laureng50
2/1/17

In early January, I made a mistake trying to sell tickets on the StubHub site. In good faith, I followed the prompts and listed my tickets. They were sold, and within the same day the order was canceled. I received a bill for $611 and told I misrepresented the mezzanine area. When posting, I was not given this option, so surely I thought this was a mistake any reputable company would honor and assist with. When I spoke with a customer representative they told me I was charged $611 to cover the cost of another customer's tickets.

An appeal was placed. Again reps at StubHub said the charges would go through -- this was the policy. But I was confused because apparently this was a computer issue, no fault of my own. They refused and refused. They deemed the discussion over and $611 was charged to my AMEX. I received no explanation of the charges, and of course no authorization.

So my mistake of posting tickets turned into a huge nightmare, one that would disturb me for weeks.

chrystad
1/21/17

My husband is active duty military. I was going to surprise him with UNC/UVA basketball tickets and then an event popped up that he is required to attend at the same time. Stubhub offered to refund our entire purchase price without me having to relist the tickets myself. I am extremely grateful to Stubhub for their understanding and support.

madisonk13
1/18/17

StubHub will scam you out of your money if they get the chance. This company is currently trying to scam me out of $350. I am in the process of talking with my bank to try and ensure this doesn't happen.
Awhile ago I listed some hockey tickets for sale as I could not go to the game. No one ended up buying these tickets, or so I thought, so I gave them to a friend. The day after the game, I get an email from StubHub saying my tickets did in fact sell, and that because I gave the tickets to someone else and the ticket buyers could not get into the game, I would be charged $350 in fees. Here is the problem, StubHub is supposed to send you an email once your tickets have sold, but I NEVER received an email saying this.
StubHub then told me that the tickets had apparently sold on 11/10. When I checked my emails, I had zero saying the tickets sold. But I did have an email on 11/26 saying the listing for my tickets would expire. So, SIXTEEN days after the tickets apparently sold, I receive an email saying the listing is about to expire? Makes no sense.
When I brought these issues up to John in executive claims, he completely blew them off. He told me that I should talk to customer service (even though they had not responded to my emails and could not help me). However, he did address the fact that I never received an email, and told me it was probably just a glitch in the system. He said, despite the fact that I never received an email, it was still my fault. I relied on the fact that StubHub tells you they will send you an email when your tickets sell. I checked my emails consistently, trusting them to keep their word and send me an email. I received nothing, yet it is my fault.
How do I NOT receive an email stating my tickets have sold, but I receive an email 16 days after they claim they sold saying the listing is about the expire? How is this still my fault?
I am currently in the process of talking to my bank, as stated before. I am a 17 year old girl living on my own. It took me months of saving and working over time to try and see this game and treat myself. Now, I am being scammed out of $350, something I cannot afford. StubHub is just another big business looking to screw over the little people. Please learn from me and do not waste your time or money on this company.

178 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

83 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the StubHub staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question