Review of RueLaLa

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

anniec39
3/23/17

This has got to be the worse online business - unfortunately, I just saw this website, or else I would have stayed away in the first place. They basically misadvertised an item I purchased, and then refused to take it back when I tried to return it. Then when I called them, their customer service "concierge" supervisor tried to make me feel guilty for returning it, misquoting information in the process. I am telling all my friends and family to stay away from this website. I have purchased final sale items that have stains and blemishes on it as well - they are TERRIBLE all around.

jackiel58
3/20/17

I've never had a problem with this site. As a matter of fact, I've been an active member for a few years now. I always pay for the unlimited shipping because I'm always purchasing one or two things every other week. I love how organized the site is and how you can easily filter and save your preferences. Def makes a quicker shopping experience with just and click, purchase, and done. Wonderful place to shop, my first go to before other online sites.

dank83
3/17/17

I used to be a fan of this website, and used to buy some great stuff here. Luxury accessories, clothes, etc. At some point, their blunders with all the crap they brought on that no one bought must have added up so much in their inventory that they are not limited in what great deals they can bring. Their "sales" and "luxe picks" and "steals" are all leftover, ugly crap that I see over and over again of unwanted items and brands. Meanwhile, they have picked up some shady practices to try to increase sales, with final sales no return policy, inability to categorize properly, which they may have thought would increase visibility on other unrelated, unwanted products (it must help with sales!), etc. The end result is a dysfunctional, unimpressive, borderline lying company with craps to sell and an unreliable customer service, let alone a company vision. This one is unfortunately toast, move on to something else.

Tip for consumers: Don't bother, no longer worth it.

chelseak8
3/9/17

Ordered boots, was sent the wrong boots, was authorized for a full refund, sent away boots, money no where to be seen. I have sent countless emails and phone calls and it's all been the same thing. "I know it's hard to wait, you will see your money in 3-5 business days". I am not being impatient, I am fine waiting 5 business days, but January 25- March 9 is not 5 business days. The first girl I talked to was a nightmare and told me I would see less then half of my refund.. I got that swiftly sorted, they clearly hired A+ employees, total sarcasm. Over a month later I finally talked to someone who said there was an issue with my return and they were now manually entering it. Why wasn't I told that immediately? I understand that issues happen but clearly they were hoping I'd forget about my money and they'd never have to refund me. I now have to wait and see if I will actually get my money, but I feel like I finally talked to a component employee who cared about the company's reputation. I will never shop with Ruelala again. Shop with caution.

ccm11
3/8/17

I've never had a bad experience with Rue La La. Most of the reviews I've read here, complain about information that is well published on the website. Final sales mean just that, (no returns , so be careful). I believe Rue La La to be very reputable with their merchandise. I like their high end clothes and I know the things I've bought are authentic. I've never had a problem returning merchandise , they make it easy!

rondac4
3/6/17

I ordered luggage that was shown on the Wendy Williams Show but it went through RueLaLa. After a few days of not receiving a confirmation I called and was told by their customer service that there was no such order. I just checked the reviews and so far, it looks as if it's close to 100% negative.

Never again!

wenw4
3/1/17

I bought a new expansive handbag. It has been my worst online purchase I have ever had.
First, it took 10 days for me to finally receive it. So the shipping service in Ruelala has been the slowest based on my many years' only purchases. Secondly, I found the new handbag was warped when I received it. When I asked for return, Ruelala can only return me as Ruelala credit, because this handbag was final sale. However, I returned this handbag was because of the quality not my problem. So, this is outrageous.

sheav
2/10/17

Ordered luggage. Paid through PayPal. They cancelled my order saying they couldn't send to PO boxes. My shipping address had both PO box and physical address. When I called customer service I got no satisfaction. They could do nothing and didn't offer to do anything to help. I will not order from them again!

deborahb95
2/6/17

Pictures are not accurate, very deceptive practices. They used to be an honest company but no longer can trust their merchandise nor prices. I called to get more information regarding a product that I had ordered. They said they need to investigate? Seriously? Meanwhile I would be stuck with a item I didn't want nor could I return because its final sale!! Done with Rue LA LA. Shame on your deceptive pictures!

annm171
1/28/17

I ordered a "Brilliance New York" hairdryer from Rue La La. The original price was somewhere near $240. I got it for $39.00 PLUS 10 bucks shipping. This hairdryer is worthless. It says it has 3200 watts. My ConAir works far better than this. I am extremely disappointed AND there is no return on this item.

lauriec39
1/20/17

I ordered a watch and it is larger than most men's watches (I am a small woman). While it was only $29.99 and was returnable.... their guidelines are unfair in my opinion. You do get free shipping to return but only if you take a credit. If you want a refund you cannot use your own shipping which would probably be less than $5, you have to use their return label for $9.95 (and I paid $9.95 shipping to get it) For a $29.99 item I would rather put it in a garage sale than spend $19.90 in shipping charges for them to sell again. Also, if you look online there are other sites that sell this watch. Not sure of pricing and return policies, but I have learned from this........and it only cost me $39.94. From now on I read reviews first!

paull175
1/17/17

They sell a lot of knockoffs with high inflated retails to discount it down to a good price customer service is awful the freight is a rip-off there are many choices on the internet so don't use them

sarahs298
1/6/17

I ordered a pair of Hoka One's. I received them and there is literally dirt in the tread and scuffs on the white parts of the shoes. Never again.

bernadettee1
1/3/17

It has been 2 weeks and ruelala still has not processed the refund on my return. I called them to follow up my return but the guy said that it will take 2 weeks for them to receive the return mail. Their concierge Kris J is very annoying and sarcastic and made me feel that I am impatient because 2 weeks of return delivery is too long. WTF! even first mail/ground mail form west coast to east coast gets delivered faster than 2 weeks. My location and ruelala office is both i east coast so why take that long. My return mail has worth $215 of products. If I only knew that thier return process is a nightmare, I should have never bought anything from them. WORST online shopping experience. Stay away from ruelala at all cost!

Tip for consumers: NIGHTMARE for return! Stay away from Ruelala

debraa33
12/31/16

I purchased,a TV Stand through Ruelala and it was shipped in a damaged box and the furniture was also damaged. It was assembled only to discover scratches, broken wood and missing parts. I have called customer support four times and even spoke with Cody a manager and they are still unwilling to refund my moneyou. They said I am responsible for taking it apart and packing it and this is unfair as well. They should pick it up as is and grant me a full refund. I will never do business with Ruelala again. They have poor cheap products and bad customer service.

nataliab19
12/28/16

It takes months to get back refund for the unwanted goods. Description of goods is wrong. The items described as " final sale" is never accepted back by the company. Basically, the company uses this policy to get rid of outdated goods, that no one wants to buy and damps the price.

danb174
12/26/16

Bought a pair a high end men shoes -in the box I received a pair of cheep woman shoes which I allready returned using the return label they provided after two calls. Nobody can tell me if they have the shoes I ordered and why I received something else. My advice: stay away from Ruelala

haticec
12/20/16

I bought shoes on Rue LaLa and they came all damages. They did not want to refund me in the begining, I insist then they accept. They did not take care of the return shipment, i had to pay from my pocket. They promise me to credit my account within 3 to 5 business days for my credit card fees and a second transfer within 7 to 10 days regarding shoes price. It's been 20 days and nothing had been put in my account despite all my emails. VERY BAD Customer Service, i do not recommend this website!

Hatice Cakici

pennym31
12/18/16

I had a credit for two pairs of shoes I sent back. Used it on a jacket that ended up to be too small. I wanted a larger size and could get it for regular price....so now I have nothing and they have the money for the shoes and coat.

Bad customer service. Need to bend rules to ensure customers are satisfied.

janizs
12/6/16

Ordered a bag last week and been checking everyday for the status. Until this morning, found out that it has been cancelled!! Called the customer service to double check and she said that it has been cancelled due to a mismatch of an address thru my AMEX & Mobile number, wtf!!! That doesn't make sense, meaning if my mobile is under my aunts name & address I cannot buy from them?? You ruined my Christmas wishlist Ruelala!! Thank you for that!! I will delete my Ruelala app and will tell my friends too!!

deborahl48
12/2/16

The heading of the website states 30 days of free shipping. I was charged shipping anyway. According to the customer service there is some fine print that says: Place an order and pay the shipping costs, after that, get free standard shipping for 30 days. Very misleading to have to research to find this!

kimberlyw42
11/19/16

I ordered an item from this company and paid through pay pal. This was my first order and I wanted it shipped to my post office box. Instead of them emailing me to tell me to contact them within a specific time frame or my order will be cancelled, they emailed me telling me my order was cancelled. They decided to cancel my order without telling me what the problem was. When I mentioned this to them the customer service representative said there was a technical error because they could not edit my address to change it, however, they did not have an alternate address to change it to. The error was not with technology it was with their customer service. I decided not to purchase the item from them.

cartere5
11/19/16

Every other link you clicked didn't work, clicked "place order" and it didn't do anything. I hope they didn't charge my card but wouldn't be surprised at all if it charged my card multiple times. Terrible experience attempting to navigate this website! Stay away if possible

juliel84
10/25/16

This company has poor customer service. I have purchased from Rue La La on several occasions. But anytime I've had a problem with an item Rue La La consistently was unwilling to assist in resolving the issue. Once I ordered dinner plates, when half of the order came in broken (I contacted them immediately) they were unable to assist me in getting the broken plates replaced and would not take back the incomplete set.

charlottef23
10/7/16

I purchased a $49 dollar necklace and paid $10 to ship; although, the necklace itself weighed less than an ounce and could have been shipped in an envelope for less than a dollar. After waiting weeks to receive the product, it arrived and was nothing like the picture. I decided to return and learned that I could not return it myself but had to pay for their $10 shipping label or alternatively have my refund credited to my account. As this was my first and last order at Rue La La, I "ate" the $10 so ended up losing $20 and ended up with nothing.

57 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

15 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the RueLaLa staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
tinar70
Tina R.
on 12/5/16
Answer
mk132
M K.
A: If you go on the pandora.net website (their official website) you can search authorized online retailers. Rue La La is listed. They are real charms :)
on 1/12/17