Review of RueLaLa

Tel: 1-888-992-LALA (5252)
atyourservice@ruelala.com

kittys15
11/13/17

I've been a Rue customer for at least five years. Over the past six months, Rue's customer service has been truly shockingly bad. I can understand a mistake here and there - but there's been a consistency of poor interactions with their customer 'service'. I dont think you can call it service because the issues never get resolved - though there's a bubbly email that's supposed to make it all better.

tonyt29
11/10/17

I ordered a cashmere sweater from rue la la and stated it was on sale for 129.99 when i received product thin sweater did not like no problem but returning was problematic.

But second product ordered from alor bracelet was totally deceptive; shown larger in pic and stated 1250 product reduced to 199.00 too good to be true sure was. it was so small and not as advertised; will be returning it and not ordering from rue la la ever again. the kicker was when going on alor site the price prior to discount was 350. can you say class action complaint. don't use rue la la it is not the discount or quality it purports.

leighc19
11/2/17

Scammers

Sent my items back and no refund and refuse to respond to emails

Avoid like the plague they are thieves

lailam6
10/25/17

I have been waiting for an email or call back for the past 3 days. The concierge service staff as they like to call themselves is very unhelpful.

reginaw26
10/18/17

Ive never received anything that wasnt authentic and the quality has always been good. I received a purse with the wrong hardware color once and when I called, they were amazing and genuinely cared about their error. They gave a good and shocking resolution that I was beyond happy with. Ruelalas customer service representatives are the best people Ive ever dealt with. Im very happy with their service, and I really believe they strive to go beyond usual expectations of a customer service representative.

samuelp31
10/18/17

ordered a ring and it arrived 20 days later after several requests, and I can only enjoy free shipping within 30 days?? Trash website go to hell

jhonnyl
10/6/17

Interesting to see such negative comments about the site. I usually make at least a couple of dozen purchases from there a year. Mostly clothing and brands such as Timberland, Brooks Brothers, ASICS, Sorel, just to name a few.

A couple of purchases of higher quality wines. Four bottles for $100, when they are $200 at the store is difficult to say is a bad deal.

Most of the negative comments did revolve around jewelry and I have bought watches from them in the past and everything worked out well for us.

Overall, I would say give it a try and find out for yourself.

luluc3
9/27/17

I would give 0 star if I could. I bought a necklace for $400 dollars three months ago and used it very gently (meaning putting it on and not touching it while wearing it) for five times. The chain broke during the middle of a meeting and I was not touching it or anything. Given how the chain broke, it was clearly a defective product. I called the customer service and asked for a replacement or repair. They said no, stating that since it has passed the 30 days period, there is nothing they can do.

This purchase really felt like a fraud.

I always know that Rue La La sells fake luxuries, so I don't purchase those from the website. But I was not expecting the quality for those non-luxury products to be so poor. In fact, I am now guessing that the huge discount is either because the products are fake or that the products were defective and refurbished for sell.

I will never purchase anything from this website again and I suggest anyone thinking about it to think twice.

reginao5
9/13/17

I order her often but have noticed many mistakes. I have ordered items that were just cancelled and wasn't notified - some were gifts. I have increased my order frequency and now their errors are more obvious. Increasingly frustrated with them because don't know which order wont show up on time - I have written and complained at least 3 times in the last month for various orders! This happened once and I was disappointed, then it happened 2 more times recently and led to disappointment because how could I have forgotten. Dont know what has changed with the company.

kh1034
9/7/17

I actually really like RueLaLa. I have shopped there for several years and have not had the same bad experiences as the others. It is hit or miss as to what you will find and you do have to watch the prices. Sometimes they will advertise something as a deep discount and if you google it you will find it on another site for the same price or even less. I do think they inflate the original price sometimes. But I will say with a lot of the clothing that I bought, the original tags are on there with the MSRP and I do feel like I have gotten some steals. The best deals are the final sales and they do make it clear when something can't be returned, so you just have to decide if it's worth risk. I have never felt that I received anything fake from the site and I have ordered a lot of jewelry and clothing over the years. The shipping is high, but they they do give you free shipping for 30 days after paying the $9.95 on the initial order. They also offer deals throughout the year where you can get free shipping for a year. They normally offer it for $50 but if you hold out they will reduce it to $30 which is a deal in my opinion. The shipping times can be long for some items, but the site does clearly tell you when they anticipate shipping the item. I never had an issue with Customer Service either. The few times I have reached out to them, they have always been helpful. My only complaint, and the reason why I would not give 5 stars, is that I have had a handful of orders cancelled on me over the years. This is always frustrating and baffles me how this can happen. When I click on the "buy now" button, I expect to receive the item and not get an email later saying that the item is not available. It has left me wondering at times if I will actually get what I have ordered. But overall I have been pretty happy RueLaLa.

deborahr75
9/1/17

As a very special treat to myself after selling a piece of property, I bought a very expensive pair of earrings-$1399- that were advertised as being 32 carats of opal and diamond. When they arrived, there was no packing slip and no certificate of authenticity. I called and asked them to provide some verification that these are actually the gemstones as advertised which they told me they cannot do. I brought them to a jeweler who said he thinks the diamonds (tiny, tiny) but does not think the 32 carat stones are opal. They were luminous in the photo online, but dull in reality. Do not buy from this company! I have unsubscribed and intend to follow up with the authorities.

lisas476
8/27/17

Will never purchase from Rue la la again. I returned 4 dresses that did not look like the pictures on their website. They only refunded me for 1 dress, when I returned 4 dresses!!! They said I have to wait a full 12 days to refund me for the other 3 dresses. I called my credit card company and opened a dispute. They are the worst company ever!!! Avoid!!!

katrinac25
8/26/17

I placed an order for one item total $29.99 and had SEVEN charges to my account webchat advised it was charged due to an error in address entry and a "supervisor" Jake said order place was hit 7 times....makes zero sense Web char was THU morning and nothing was done customer service SAT on call had credit dept remove charges unexplainable why that wasn't done on THU- sent email inquiries and have heard nothing. I will never use this site or any companies related to Rue lala

andrewm241
8/11/17

Took 10 days to process a return which means that they will cam me for another 9.95 shipping charge. Prices aren't great. Good to find somethings that you don't find elsewhere, but not worth the bad service

helenn36
8/11/17

I will never order again from RueLaLa. I ordered a J.Mclaughlin dress on sale. Two days later I noticed that the local J. McLaughlin store was having at sale at substantially better prices. RueLaLa charged me $10 shipping and then when I decided to return the item, they charged me $10 shipping again with no option to return at my expense from the post office. $20 just to try an item. NEVER AGAIN. They are a rip off.

annm246
8/8/17

Ordered eye cream and seum set seen on the Wendy Williams show advertised as a high end product but was sent fake products. I called their customer service and was told that that was what was advertised on their website. They advertised D'or 24k gold but was sent D 24k golden eyes. Scam!

gabrielam14
7/20/17

Don't buy anything from Rue La La IS FAKEEE!!! I bought a Pandora Charm and I got a simple bag with NO LOGO and with a very very fake charm I noticed at first sight.
It is cheap because is FAKE! Then I went to the Pandora official store and they confirm what I thought... that I had been cheated and this was a Scam. So disappointed!

Tip for consumers: It is cheap because is FAKE! I've added some pictures for you to compare a legit charm vs. a rue la la fake charm!
DON'T BUY ANYTHING!

cherylf43
7/19/17

So disappointed in this site after having high hopes. Ordered nice jacket and 2 dresses. The two dresses are not the same as described, and one is definitely fake. Went online to return since they tout free returns. No such luck, only if you want credit to buy something else. If you want your money back, return shipping costs 9.99. Also, shipping is very slow. Do not recommend.

chadf22
7/17/17

Wendy Williams seems to endorse Ru La La. I've never ordered from Ru La La until they advertised these really nice handbags. I ordered 2 immediately and that was well over 2mths ago. Haven't received anything except a People magazine subscription and from reading the reviews, I'm glad!!!! I researched this supposed "designer" bag and the price was much lower at Target...Maybe we should complain to Wendy so her show would consider not doing business with Ru La La. I hope Wendy's clothing line isn't this unprofessional and unreliable.

peggys57
7/13/17

I have been shopping here for years but during the last year, their false advertising on their products and mailing me something completely different from what I ordered has caused me to finally stop shopping with them. Twice, I bought sunglasses that were falsely advertised on the site. Once, they sent me a different color and more recently, I ordered a pair of Polarized Ray-Bans (and paid the extra price premium for them to be polarized) only to have them send me non-polarized sunglasses which looked like they had been used. This is a BIG deal and when I called them out on it there was no apology from the customer service rep. It seems like they're used to these types of calls. Another time, they sent me a random skirt instead of the $200 jacket I ordered and refused to refund my money until I sent them back the skirt (which looked to be worth about $20). Horrible experience. Rue La La, you have lost a customer that has spent upwards of $10,000 with you throughout the years and would have spent many more thousands but for your poor customer service and false advertising. I will stick with Gilt from now on.

lh88
7/13/17

1.Check Amazon prices first, especially on toys and watches. 2. On returns, they've changed my credit to my card option to a Rue credit. 3. I had a Rue credit, requested in advance via email and chat that it be used to pay for my free year of shipping. All requests ignored. I've had other similar issues. Will not be renewing free ship another year and will no longer be a customer after this free ship year is up.

dr1329
7/1/17

Some items cannot be returned. By the time your order arrives none of them can be returned for refund---I AM DONE. THEY ARE A CHEATER BRAND

melissan16
6/29/17
• Updated review

2 years ago I wrote a review on how Rue La La sold me a fake LV bag, I've been reading many other reviews on how people have been victims of fraud as well and have not received a refund for the items purchased. Let me share with all of you what I did after, in order to get a refund, which I did . I went to the business bureau website and filed a complaint. I wrote down in details what happen and provided pictures. I was constantly checking for a response and only through that I was able to get a refund back. Everyone who has not yet gotten a refund should try it. Contact the business bureau and file a complaint against Rue La La. Good Luck Everyone!

“SALES LOUIS VUTTION FAKE HANDBAGS!!!!”
12/22/15
• Previous review

I purchased a Louis Vouttion handbag several months ago. It's in perfect conditions because I never used it. I did my research because I notice the handbag was different from other bags and from those on different websites. It turned out to be FAKE ! I called customer service and spoke to LINDSAY BERNARD she told me she would give me a call 2 days later. 2 days later I called and JACOB VALENTINE said they would not be able to accept my return because of the time frame, seriously ? This is a bunch of crap and excuses ! How are you not going to refund me for a fake bag ??!! (I payed $710 for this fake handbag) I have been asking for proof of authenticity and their excuse is that they can't provide me with any proof because it is a "used" handbag. All they do is "assure" you that is 100% authentic! They have been giving me the run around saying that they only give a 30 day refund while I see other reviews where they tell them that all (FAKE) handbags are FINAL SALE!! I will take this to the next level if it is necessary! I will file a lawsuit this site should be shut down for selling false advertisement! Who is with me on this ?? I will file a lawsuit immediately! BEWARE OF THIS SITE !!

kaylah45
6/25/17

I use to work there and can honestly say I have no idea how they're still even in business. They sell FAKE products and ship them out damaged on top of it already being fake. It's also the Nastiest place I've ever worked. There's dust literally EVERYWHERE and tons of DEAD BUGS throughout the warehouse. Please DO NOT BUY FROM RUE LA LA!!!! Save your hard earned money and time!!!!!!

carola119
6/25/17

I am so sorry for all of these negative reviews. I have been shopping RueLaLa for several years now and love the fun experience of the variety of merchandise they provide. The items have been exactly as described and the quality of the Jewelery exemplinary. Once my earrings were taking a while to arrive. I was worried they were lost in the mail. I called several times and each time was greeted with kind and helpful representatives. Finally they credited my account as a loss. The earrings arrived the next day so immediately I called to tell them to charge my account once again. They did so and still offered me a discount for my patience. This was only one item delayed out of all the items ordered. I too compared prices and they were spot on. I am very happy with this company and look forward to their many wonderful items every day.

57 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Carol B is wrong! RUE LA LA is not owned by Neiman Marcus. It is owned by an Internet shopping company called Kynetic LCC. There is no reason to think that Rue La La would maintain the same standards as a reputable, all be it overpriced, retailer like NM. There have always been rumours and online comments regarding quality and counterfeit products associated with Rue La La. A simple "Google" fact finding check tells you everything you need to know.

By Bruce B.

You need to contact Rue La La at: 888-992-5252 phone support /customer service. (Good Luck there, what they have working for them leaves much to be desired) However you paid for said items is how you should be refunded. I had to fight to get refunded via my credit card!!! Remember that you will NOT be refunded the Shipping of over $20 no matter what. That is how they are able to stay in Business!!!!! I would take my Charms to a Jewelry Store, since they did not look right..... mine were FAKES. Lastly, Demand a shipping Label, send the JUNK back and make sure to get your $$$$$ back!!! GOOD LUCK.

By Sun O.

All of the Louis Vuitton bags I have purchased from Rue have been authentic. All have been preowned and the descriptions and pictures they have shown have been spot on. I have been shopping with them for several years and have always had great service, whether it be with product information or a return.

By Mary S.

Same as any item. 9.95 if you want the refund back on your cars or free if you want the refund to go in your Rue La La credit.

By Mary S.
Questions? Get answers from the RueLaLa staff and other customers.

RueLaLa?