US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

teew6
9/29/16

I've purchased from Rue la la in the past... never any high end items, Can't see paying thousands or even high hundreds for items that may not be real, or I haven't seen. In addition, I usually stay clear from final sale because it tends to be used stuff that they want to get rid of. In any event, collectively I'd say my total purchases have exceeded a fair amount of money. Throughout my shopping experience, from time to time, my packages were somehow "lost"... was it the post office (they generally use a FedEx courier serviced by the USPS) or was it ever sent? They can't ever answer that question, although they like to say how "sorry" they are for merchandise not being received. I don't need sorry... I need answers. Why does this keep happening? There have also been times where merchandise was missing (i.e., a belted coat, without the belt); damaged (dents on outside of travel coffee mug), etc. This last time, my product had a 2-3 week delivery. Rue la la sent me an email on September 20, 2016 stating that the product was sent, yet when I checked the tracking, it was vague-- it was en route as of September 17, 2016, supposedly at the destination, but the actual delivery date was "pending"... that tracking info never changed and Rue could offer no reason. I'm done. I can shop so many other places. HauteLook and Nordstrom Rack's prices are better, and I've had better service with them, aside from the fact that you can return items to the store. So long Rue...nice knowing you.

lenat6
9/23/16

I returned 2 items. Received an email regarding only 1 item being returned. What happened with another item $70 shirt that I sent back in the same package? No reply from costumer service. Will never buy again. Will be calling my credit card and reporting an issues.

suno2
9/21/16

BUYER BEWARE!!!! OMG!!!! What an Absolute NIGHTMARE!!!! This Dump should be shut down!!!! They make a hefty amount of $$$$$$$$$$$ on Shipping Charges, which explains why they are still in Business!!!!!
Stupid (Blond) Me. I thought, The Pandora Charms have to be Real!!!! NOT!!!! They are selling FAKE PANDORA CHARMS!!!!!!!
I took the Charms to my Jeweler, and they checked them. FAKE PANDORA!!!! These Charms look Dark, Old and Grimy!!!!!
Getting my Money back from this Place was a NIGHTMARE. I am out more than TWENTY DOLLARS, Which they will not return. I had to Fight like Hell to get my Money put back on my Credit Card, instead of the CREDIT which was thrown to me, Even though I stated THREE times to THREE different people that I wanted the money on my Credit Card!!!! DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Save Your Hard Earned $$$$$$$$ Purchase Elsewhere. Buyer Beware.

schuylers
9/15/16

Bought a used 1980's Rolex on RueLaLa, supposedly guaranteed Rolex, for $4999. I needed extra links for the band, so I took it to the nearest Rolex dealer. They had to send in to Rolex to match the links. Rolex said the band and internals were Rolex, the bezel, dial, and crystal were fake. The bezel was custom, so that part wasn't a surprise, but the website didn't mention the rest. Rolex won't fix anything that isn't 100% Rolex (also something RueLaLa should warn you about). Rolex wanted $4600 to return the watch to original before they would effect any repairs or even perform a cleaning, though they would sell me the extra links. Luckily, the watch is working properly for now. Rolex also said it is illegal to call any watch a Rolex that isn't 100% Rolex. Have to think that RueLaLa was aware of all this when they advertised the watch as Rolex. I called RueLaLa to complain and all they would say is all sales are final.

duzad
9/13/16

There's no real free returns.
That said, you have the option of getting credits for your next purchase, which will be available aprox 3 weeks after you send the item back to Rue Lala, giving you a very short time to be able to benefit from your one-month free shipping. They won't give you extra free shipping time.
And the second option is to get a refund, with a charge of $9 for the shipping cost. and lets say you returned more than one item in a month, in separated packages. In this case, you will pay the shipping fee for each.

Defective item.
Lets say you bought a defective item. They will apologize and accept the return without charging you the returning shipping fee, which is very appropriate. But lets say you want to keep the item and fix the problem. In this case, they won't take any responsibility and won't give you any bonus nor a parcial refund. Photos and videos that expose the problem very clearly won't be of any help. They did give me an extra month of free shipping, which was nice but at the end provided them more money from my new purchases.

Sale of real wildlife fur.
I don't expect the business to do charity to wild life, but real fur is something that disgusts many buyers nowadays. It doesn't sell as much as other items, but there is a public for that cruel market. I don't agree with the use of real fur of wild life for fashion unless the fur comes from a certified hunter from Alaska or any place where people hunt for survival - which will never happen. The cruel methods of fur removal is widely acknowledged and exposed on internet (not recommended for highly sensitive persons). Everybody knows that these poor animals are caught and breeded exclusively for their fur; and that electrocution is the major method for killing them, which sometimes doesn't guarantee their death and leads to their fur removal while still alive.
Rue Lala sells real fur from rabbits; foxes; and chinchillas. (As far as I've seen).

ginad37
9/6/16

I had to select one star, but I didn't want to select any!! I've never written an online review in my life! This business is just a front to get credit card information. BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE. They actually need to be shut down. Poor reviews aren't enough. They will still continue to prey on unsuspecting people. Spread the word!

tatianag10
8/9/16

Do not order anything on this website that says final sale. They do this on their fake luxury goods so you feel like you can't return it but since they have a 100% authentic genuine guarantee this voids their refund policy on fake merchandise. There needs to be a class action lawsuit against this company. I am actually going to look into it. It has to start with someone really pissed off and that is me!!!

yanc11
8/4/16

RECEIVE A FAKE LV handbag,
Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Metis
spend $2,200.00

and request for return and they dont allow!!!!! this kind businese should never exist

gabrielas8
7/31/16

I placed a order of a 2 Hudson pants ... When I got my package with the items that I ordered for my surprise they sent me one wrong pants(AG).. I called them immediately and they said that my case was going to review ... They had to find out what happened with the pants that I ordered in the first place. And in 3 to 5 business days they would send me a email with the final conclusion. Well , mean while the pants the I had ordered ( And I never got it ) went on at one of those temporaly butiques... Só i thought they would send me the right pants and figure out afterwards what heck the did wrong with the other one that I never got. Well folks, they NEVER sent me my pants, NEVER SENT me a email.. And when I finally called them the costumer representative said that the pants were no longer available and I couldn't keep the wrong one they sent to me .( At that point I purposed them to keep the wrong pants as long as they send the difference to my credit card. I had paid $89,99 for the Hudson and the AG was $69.10) Guess what? They said no , the couldn't do such thing and I would have to send the AG back if I want my refund... Now reading all these reviews , I have to admit that I'm concern to send them back and NEVER get my refund. Also ... I just got another order from them ( I had place that order on the week after the order they had messed up) and now another item is missed.... This is getting better and better ... I don't know who works for them ... If they hired people who speaks and/or understand English ... Or even is just a bunch of incompetents.... Folks , me and many other people with the exception of a minority have been ripped by this company, they don't care... The costumer isn't something important to them. Items may seem very cheap but in the end they become expensive if you think about the headache of not receiving your merchandise, dealing with a useless costumer service , merchandising with defect, as folks mentioned above about not getting refund or getting it after months ... I think now, buying at Nordstrom , Bloomingdales ... Or any store worth all the money they ask for ... Why? Because if your item have any problem if you even worn it , they will refund you or exchange it .. It is a peace of mind ... And buying something that you love and dealing with real professionals that make things less stress for you is PRICELESS... Good bye Ruelala.

alexisb42
6/30/16

I will never shop here again and you shouldn't either. I purchased a very expensive purse and it was not as described. It was final sale so I hesitated to reach out to them for a refund but ultimately decided to do so since I never used the purse and it was so expensive. They refused to refund me. Wouldn't even consider it. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

bt42
6/18/16

This company refuses to give you your money back after you return an item. Your are especially in trouble if you pay with paypal. When you open a claim with paypal, ruelala refuses to refund your paypal account. They then go behind paypals back by emailing you requesting your credit card information, claiming they need your credit card number to issue a refund because they are "having trouble issuing you your refund through paypal" After reading LOT'S of complaints against Ruelala on the internet having to do with returns and people not getting their credit card refunded who would want to give them your personal information. Plus the whole reason why we use paypal is to avoid giving out our personal information. Beware Beware Beware

sharons142
6/16/16

I'm really surprise of all the negative reviews because everything that I have purchase with Rue la la was and have been real and not fake. Real bags, great jewelry and skin care products. My only complaint is when it comes to getting a refund, you have to wait too long, like 3 to 4 week. I can admit, they are no QVC, HSN, Evine Live, etc. as it relates to getting your money back. Because of that, I will give Rue la la 4 stars.

valeric
6/5/16

I've worked in High-End retail and have sold countless handbags. Just looking at some of the photos I can tell that the bags are not genuine. My friends always laugh at me because I can spot a fake bag a mile away. I see a lot here on this site. The reviews of the customers say it all! Fake everything on this site. It's better to save a little more money and make a purchase directly from the store. Many of the high end retail stores have a forgiving return policy even if the item is worn. If you are not happy with your purchase you may return the item as long as you keep the tags and your proof of purchase. Good Luck!

hannah502
5/28/16

My friend purchased a gift certificate for my b'day that I was supposed to receive by email. It never came and so far I've reached out to RueLala 4 times and have not heard back from them. I'm hoping for a response and the gift certificate so I can h opefully upgrade this review.

madleng
5/21/16

I knew the prices of the creed was to good to be true but I listened and believed everyone saying it's real till I took it to creed store myself to find out its fakes and is noting but a good copy !!! Stay away

kendral11
5/14/16

Glad I came on here to complain about how impossible it is to access their website on a mobile device and got to come across the bad reviews anyway. I don't know who's running this company but you probably could have made a sale from me before I got the opportunity to see this if you had a site that was mobile optimized.

angelam108
5/12/16

This is to Thank all that have written a review on this company. I was about to become one of their prey.
Thank God and I hope someone can stop them from advertising so nobody gets hurt by these scam artists.
Keep on reviewing to stop this.

allisonm47
5/8/16

Someone at work recommended your site so I went ahead ordered the beach ball just received yesterday....it's fake thank God I only ordered one item originally had six items in my cart.... Sorry I did not read the reviews before purchasing....hopefully I can protect the next buyer.

josieb3
4/20/16

I have, in the past, purchased a random dress or other item from Ruelala. However, this month I purchased a SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF Serum only to realize when I received it that it is not expired, but FAKE, COUNTERFEIT! I've been using the product for many years and this one looks bad, smells bad and is not the real thing. I checked SkinCeuticals website and they only sell to about 6 online retailers and Ruelala isn't one of them. Don't buy skin care products from this site. Your FACE is not worth the risk!

elizabethr80
4/17/16

Last sunday evening, a little after 9 I made an error and clicked on order button instead of the edit button as intended .The edit button, just above the place the order button is so tiny and in gray whereas the place the order button is 200 times the size in Red. I called immediately but they had closed. I next sent them a message telling them I made an error and passed the incorrect button, thinking they would see it as soon as they opened. I called at 9 A.M to confirm and was told the shipment was already in progress and could not be cancelled. Do they have elves working at night? When I think of it, I have had problems with at least 1/2 of the orders placed. It is a great wasteof my time and I now see that others have had the same problems. Enlightening.

denisej22
4/15/16

I want to thank all the people who wrote reviews !!! I WAS about to buy a Louis Vitton purse from Ruelala but not anymore!!!! DODGED THAT BULLET!!

nikkij13
3/23/16

Not sure how so many people have had such negative experiences with this company. I've been shopping with Rue La La regularly for about 3 years, averaging about once a week. I've placed several hundred orders spent thousands of dollars here and have never had a true problem a single time. In the off chance that a return is needed, the process is simple, quick. I've opted to receive both store credit and credit account return. Always prompt service. Final Sale items have always been clearly marked. One time I did have an issue with a Final Sale item - the sizing chart displayed on the site did not match the sizing of the actual item. Even though it was a "Final Sale", they quickly offered to accept my return. Another time I purchased a pair of boots that I didn't absolutely love when I received. I had forgotten it was a Final Sale and contacted support to see why I wasn't able to select for return from my online account. The rep explained it was Final Sale, but even this time, they quickly offered to accept my return, even though it was my mistake. I love this company and hope they continue providing the same quality and excellent service that got me hooked to begin with!

brittm3
3/6/16

Bought a Lancome Lip gloss from them. Came well packaged. Not goopy, like something old would get. Came quickly. Still waiting on the mascara I ordered at the same time. Definitely happy with their service. I like that you have a month of free shipping after you pay for shipping just once. Great service.

lindag116
2/24/16

I received a gift with no description of what the gift was. When I contacted Rue Lala, they could not even look up my friend's name...said I had to have her email address only! They were of no help whatsoever. No receipt in packaged gift. Very disappointed...would never order anything again from Rue lala...

courtneyf14
2/14/16

My wife just opened her package from Rue La La and there was not a charm inside. Just an empty box. Unbelievable!!! This is Valentine's Day! Needless to say, I will not purchase from them again!!! #epicfail

57 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

12 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the RueLaLa staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question