Review of RueLaLa

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

susanr167
5/24/17

I have had issues come up with purchases now and again. Each time I dread going to their customer service because I know I'll get the same none-answer and no resolution to the problem. Then, when I really get angry, they will try to pacify me by throwing a $5 credit my way. I've given it a pass because the issues were minor but I should have listened to my gut and stayed away from this company. Now, they are not delivering on what they promised and it looks like I'm out $100. Worse, the emails they send back imply that I'm the one to blame - not them. What a despicable company.

ronk64
5/23/17

We bought merchandise from RUE LA LA site which is a problem! If you can't try it on and you normally take a size 6 then if a size 6 doesn't fit then have a return policy! RUE LA LA has to come out of the stone age, almost every other website site goes out of the way to make sure that the return policy is easy to follow, and makes it worth shopping on. NO RETURN is not a policy, especially when you just want to different size the size you normally take. I would stay away from this company at all costs now, and recommend that you do too!!

stephanien42
5/22/17

They have 9.99 shipping and you would get free shipping in 30 days. I orders several items separately and didn't like them so i returned . They charged me 19.98 for the first item, the other ones were 9.99 for each for return shipping??????

kimberlym124
5/19/17

I love this website, they have beautiful quality products. I've ordered jewelry which I might say is defiantly not fake or counterfeit. Will order again. Thanks rue....

carah25
5/18/17

Still waiting on order! 2 weeks late. Order finally came many parts/pieces missing. Called, wrote to complain and asked for refund.
I was told "so sorry u were not satisfied. We'll look into it and get back to u.
When Rue called back and emailed also same result. "No refunds!" We'll give u Rue La La store credit only. You can't get ur $159.00 back!!!
Wow! Does Mr. Wendy need the publics $$so much that they will not refund ur $$.
I will never WATCH MR. WENDY WILLIAMS SHOW AGAIN
I WILL NEVER USE THAT CROOKED ASS SITE.
I guess Mr Wendy needs my $$ for more plastic surgery.
Geyser those saggy armpits done Mr. WENDY.
That's nasty all that loose hanging skin.

ajahh1
5/16/17

41.5 days now, the watch I ordered is yet to come... really. I wish I read the reviews before I ordered but I blindly ordered because I saw it on Wendy's show. All I'm hoping for now is for the watch to be original as stated. Because after reading the reviews, I'm really scared

il1617
4/30/17

Bought a perfume from them and it was either a fake or expired. They would not accept the return.

Also bought 2 expensive pens from them and given to two separate ppl and they both broke within 3 months. Tried to return them bc they were defective and would not accept the return.

3 bum buys in 1 years seems like a pattern and not the exception. will not be using them again because of fake/defective products

katev14
4/15/17

They have pretty much what Gilt and Hautelook offers however, the return policy is horrible and shipping fee is $10 while others have the option for $7 as one time shipping fee. I try to purchase something that was sold out supposedly, they had the option to secure the hold and the next time it becomes available they can ship it to me. It was 7 months later that I received an email stating it's on the way, I contact their customer service to cancel this as I no longer wanted this item, also it was the old address which I moved away to new home and they didn't bother calling the shipping company to re route package back, they informed me that it's too late while the package only had label created and haven't been shipped as of yet. What a scam! It turned out that they just wanted to sell it off and be done with not caring about the customer's feeling or if customer is satisfied or not. Don't waste your time with this company, go to a reputable company like hautelook couture which was recently acquired by Nordstrom rack and Gilt which was also recently acquired by saks off 5th where you can just go return it if you don't like the item purchased at any of their location nearby. These 3 companies all started the same time but the other 2 were acquired while this one isn't, that's a red flag.

jamesp298
4/13/17

I have no idea why everyone is making such poor reviews, I have used them for years and they always deliver. Luxe brands at 40-70% I love their midnight purchases that expire in 12 hours. I buy my grandkids clothing and bedhead pjs and lots more, they even have refunded the final sales most likely because I am a prolific shopper. The only time I have been disappointed was in furniture they never delivered but they apologized and refunded me everything. They are legit

sylw20
4/1/17

In the middle of one night, I awoke to Access Hollywood deals segment. One of the deals was this InStyler Max 1.25in. 2-way rotating Iron, offered for $29.99. I got right on line to take advantage. Of course I found something else to order too. I placed 1 order for the hair tool and a ring.
The ring arrives when the confirmation said it would, but a month later, still no hair tool. I email customer service, and they respond with an apology for that item having to be cancelled. To end the conversation, they blamed the product, maker by saying "we have no way of knowing why the manufacturer cancelled." Then they tell me that I will be able to take advantage other deals in the future. No, I wasn't charged for what I didn't receive, but I paid too much s&h for an item that weighed less than an ounce and arrived in way too large a package. This experience was unsatisfactory enough to turn me off from RueLaLa for good! I'll be letting Access Hollywood know of my experience too.

anniec39
3/23/17

This has got to be the worse online business - unfortunately, I just saw this website, or else I would have stayed away in the first place. They basically misadvertised an item I purchased, and then refused to take it back when I tried to return it. Then when I called them, their customer service "concierge" supervisor tried to make me feel guilty for returning it, misquoting information in the process. I am telling all my friends and family to stay away from this website. I have purchased final sale items that have stains and blemishes on it as well - they are TERRIBLE all around.

jackiel58
3/20/17

I've never had a problem with this site. As a matter of fact, I've been an active member for a few years now. I always pay for the unlimited shipping because I'm always purchasing one or two things every other week. I love how organized the site is and how you can easily filter and save your preferences. Def makes a quicker shopping experience with just and click, purchase, and done. Wonderful place to shop, my first go to before other online sites.

dank83
3/17/17

I used to be a fan of this website, and used to buy some great stuff here. Luxury accessories, clothes, etc. At some point, their blunders with all the crap they brought on that no one bought must have added up so much in their inventory that they are not limited in what great deals they can bring. Their "sales" and "luxe picks" and "steals" are all leftover, ugly crap that I see over and over again of unwanted items and brands. Meanwhile, they have picked up some shady practices to try to increase sales, with final sales no return policy, inability to categorize properly, which they may have thought would increase visibility on other unrelated, unwanted products (it must help with sales!), etc. The end result is a dysfunctional, unimpressive, borderline lying company with craps to sell and an unreliable customer service, let alone a company vision. This one is unfortunately toast, move on to something else.

Tip for consumers: Don't bother, no longer worth it.

chelseak8
3/9/17

Ordered boots, was sent the wrong boots, was authorized for a full refund, sent away boots, money no where to be seen. I have sent countless emails and phone calls and it's all been the same thing. "I know it's hard to wait, you will see your money in 3-5 business days". I am not being impatient, I am fine waiting 5 business days, but January 25- March 9 is not 5 business days. The first girl I talked to was a nightmare and told me I would see less then half of my refund.. I got that swiftly sorted, they clearly hired A+ employees, total sarcasm. Over a month later I finally talked to someone who said there was an issue with my return and they were now manually entering it. Why wasn't I told that immediately? I understand that issues happen but clearly they were hoping I'd forget about my money and they'd never have to refund me. I now have to wait and see if I will actually get my money, but I feel like I finally talked to a component employee who cared about the company's reputation. I will never shop with Ruelala again. Shop with caution.

ccm11
3/8/17

I've never had a bad experience with Rue La La. Most of the reviews I've read here, complain about information that is well published on the website. Final sales mean just that, (no returns , so be careful). I believe Rue La La to be very reputable with their merchandise. I like their high end clothes and I know the things I've bought are authentic. I've never had a problem returning merchandise , they make it easy!

rondac4
3/6/17

I ordered luggage that was shown on the Wendy Williams Show but it went through RueLaLa. After a few days of not receiving a confirmation I called and was told by their customer service that there was no such order. I just checked the reviews and so far, it looks as if it's close to 100% negative.

Never again!

wenw4
3/1/17

I bought a new expansive handbag. It has been my worst online purchase I have ever had.
First, it took 10 days for me to finally receive it. So the shipping service in Ruelala has been the slowest based on my many years' only purchases. Secondly, I found the new handbag was warped when I received it. When I asked for return, Ruelala can only return me as Ruelala credit, because this handbag was final sale. However, I returned this handbag was because of the quality not my problem. So, this is outrageous.

sheav
2/10/17

Ordered luggage. Paid through PayPal. They cancelled my order saying they couldn't send to PO boxes. My shipping address had both PO box and physical address. When I called customer service I got no satisfaction. They could do nothing and didn't offer to do anything to help. I will not order from them again!

deborahb95
2/6/17

Pictures are not accurate, very deceptive practices. They used to be an honest company but no longer can trust their merchandise nor prices. I called to get more information regarding a product that I had ordered. They said they need to investigate? Seriously? Meanwhile I would be stuck with a item I didn't want nor could I return because its final sale!! Done with Rue LA LA. Shame on your deceptive pictures!

annm171
1/28/17

I ordered a "Brilliance New York" hairdryer from Rue La La. The original price was somewhere near $240. I got it for $39.00 PLUS 10 bucks shipping. This hairdryer is worthless. It says it has 3200 watts. My ConAir works far better than this. I am extremely disappointed AND there is no return on this item.

lauriec39
1/20/17

I ordered a watch and it is larger than most men's watches (I am a small woman). While it was only $29.99 and was returnable.... their guidelines are unfair in my opinion. You do get free shipping to return but only if you take a credit. If you want a refund you cannot use your own shipping which would probably be less than $5, you have to use their return label for $9.95 (and I paid $9.95 shipping to get it) For a $29.99 item I would rather put it in a garage sale than spend $19.90 in shipping charges for them to sell again. Also, if you look online there are other sites that sell this watch. Not sure of pricing and return policies, but I have learned from this........and it only cost me $39.94. From now on I read reviews first!

paull175
1/17/17

They sell a lot of knockoffs with high inflated retails to discount it down to a good price customer service is awful the freight is a rip-off there are many choices on the internet so don't use them

sarahs298
1/6/17

I ordered a pair of Hoka One's. I received them and there is literally dirt in the tread and scuffs on the white parts of the shoes. Never again.

bernadettee1
1/3/17

It has been 2 weeks and ruelala still has not processed the refund on my return. I called them to follow up my return but the guy said that it will take 2 weeks for them to receive the return mail. Their concierge Kris J is very annoying and sarcastic and made me feel that I am impatient because 2 weeks of return delivery is too long. WTF! even first mail/ground mail form west coast to east coast gets delivered faster than 2 weeks. My location and ruelala office is both i east coast so why take that long. My return mail has worth $215 of products. If I only knew that thier return process is a nightmare, I should have never bought anything from them. WORST online shopping experience. Stay away from ruelala at all cost!

Tip for consumers: NIGHTMARE for return! Stay away from Ruelala

debraa33
12/31/16

I purchased,a TV Stand through Ruelala and it was shipped in a damaged box and the furniture was also damaged. It was assembled only to discover scratches, broken wood and missing parts. I have called customer support four times and even spoke with Cody a manager and they are still unwilling to refund my moneyou. They said I am responsible for taking it apart and packing it and this is unfair as well. They should pick it up as is and grant me a full refund. I will never do business with Ruelala again. They have poor cheap products and bad customer service.

57 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

16 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the RueLaLa staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
michelleh147
Michelle H.
on 6/10/16
Be the first to answer
Questions? Get answers from the RueLaLa staff and other customers.

RueLaLa?