Review of RueLaLa

Tel: 1-888-992-LALA (5252)
atyourservice@ruelala.com

kaylab104
1/5/19

They shipped to the wrong address, charged me $400 and told me that they could not change the address and I would have to go pick it up, which is impossible. I called Fedex and they told me the shipper can call in and update the address since the items haven't shipped. I contacted Ruelala and they told me they could not do that. So, I'm out the cash and the items because they won't pick up the phone to change the shipping address. I will never ship here again and hopefully you won't either. Terrible customer service.

janea111
1/3/19

Ruelala immediately charged my credit card. When the boots arrived(intended to be a gift), the bottoms were worn and they smelled like foot sweat. After two calls and an email, they sent me a free shipping return label.

I had been disgusted with the extremely slow shipping process. Also, when s return was needed, it could take weeks to receive a credit.

I'm done! Most of the merchandise isn't current. Skin care brands have posted on their sites not to buy from Ruelala, because they can't guarantee authenticity.

robw165
12/28/18

Pathetic company...I ordered a case of wine which was supposed to show up 2 days before Christmas and it never showed which left me with a very sobering dilemma!!! My credit card had been charged and I got a confirmation email saying everything was in order and I could track my package so I didn't see any reason why there should have been any issues. After my 4th time talking to customer service via online chat and over the phone during a 5 day period they finally decided to tell me that there must have been an in house computer glitch and that unfortunately the offer was no longer available... and that was it... What a sad horrible company....

triciaa19
12/19/18

So rude! Placed an order last night and they are closed, I did not get an option for expedited shipping and I'm being yelled at and told that there is nothing they can do but when the package gets to my niece after Christmas on December 31st I can return it. Mind you I don't live in that state. Or I can call the post office there to hold the package. Ma'am you have options! This is what is being yelled on the phone to me. Would never recommend or order not that I think they care anyway.

valeriej59
12/15/18

Ru La La is advertising guaranteed Christmas delivery. I ordered items on Dec 11th and received a shipping notification on Dec 14th with Dec 26th target delivery date. My items were shipped the slowest economy delivery method Fedex offers. When I contacted Ru La La they told me since the items had already shipped there was nothing they could do and I should contact fedex to see if they could speed up delivery. Absurd. Will never order anything from them again.

roxannec28
12/10/18

You cant pay with a Canadian credit card. What kind of stupid outfit is this??? It took lots of phone call to find this out

michaelk909
11/19/18

This company is despicable! how anyone can sell and ship this way is disgusting. i ordered a flat iron for my daughter and when i received it, the box was damaged and opened, then the iron was just laying there not wrapped in plastic or anything AND there was HAIR, yes HAIR in the iron itself. it was also damaged and used. i asked for a refund and i now have to wait 5 days for a return label! i will never ever order from this company again. if i could give them a 0 star i would.

nancym500
11/16/18

I don't know if I want to shop with you, or not. But I can't even see anything on your site without making an account. So you lost me before you had a chance to have me.

lat26
11/9/18

Let me started by saying how upset I'm about this online shopping, I been ordering things from them for over 2 years and so far everything was ok until my husband order a Louis Vuitton bag for $1500 dollars and the bag for my birthday and the bag never came to our house, it said was delivered and we never got it, on the same day that my husband so that the bag was never delivered, he started to call and first they said wait for 3 days and then they said to make a policy report, they never help with anything. I don't understand how they send an item for $1500 dollars without signature request, I don't know if they did that on they end saying they send and they never did or if really got lost. It's hard to understand, and I dont want that to be the customer lost because sometimes people put too much effort to be able to buy something that they can even afford .
That's not fair!!!

nataliar
11/5/18

This site used to be worth shopping but when you try to return an item of poor quality it becomes a huge ordeal. They say they will reimburse you and then they don't. They couldn't tell me why there was a delay so finally I had to disputed through my credit card company. Shortly after this they reimbursed me but then charged me an additional amount. When I called to dispute this they said they would refund me the money again. No one seems to understand what's going on when I call. They just say I should see the money back in a few days and then weeks later still no money. They then said they reimbursed it on a different card which I do not even posess. Such an irritating process over a very simple request. This is still not resolved. I will no longer be ordering anything from them.

nancyh412
11/3/18

this happens all the time. stuff ordered as a gift, however, when I return them, it goes back to the original CC from the gifter, which does not make sense at all.

I used to like your guys but now I have to close my acct as there is no new products, stuff sells more or the same as Amazon but ships slowly, customer reps are not well trained and they do not know how to help solver issues for their customers, etc. I am done Rue La La!

rayc173
10/24/18

Ordered a messaging device that was advertised on Access On TV 80% off. Supposed to be delivered 2 weeks ago. Called today to find out they didn't have enough to cover all of the orders. NO notification in any way. Just a ploy to get you on their mailing address so they can send you a billion ads. Don't trust this site! They suck!

darlenet54
10/24/18

I ordered two watches and only received one, but was charged for two. They couldn't tell me if there was another one available and that they would issue a refund in 2 to 3 weeks. I still am getting email surveys about the order of two watches, which I keep telling them I only received one.

vickyb65
10/8/18

Ok, so I thought I was getting a great deal by buying Predire Paris skin product at 95% off. I was like, hmm i never heard of Predire but 95% off is a real good deal so i'll buy it. Then I remembered my dad always told me that if a deal is too good to be true, then it's not true. So I did some digging, and guess what I found. Have you ever walked through malls and get stopped by someone trying to try cream on you and hard sell you? Well that's Predire "and their other various brands" booth. They often show you their website selling the same cream for $1000 plus and hoping you would buy if they give you 95% off. So, from what I learned is that Ruelala carries a lot of no-name brands and they jack up the retail price then give you amazing discount to sell those products at a price they should have been priced at to begin with. So, you are not getting a deal on Ruelala, you are getting a fair price, but no deal though. Lol

lanef
9/23/18

Ordered boots no one else has in my size. Tried change order to smaller size, and was shot down by customer service, tried to cancel order and got the same. Found out free return shipping means my money is held hostage for future purchases ie merchandise credit. If an item is defective they want you to take pictures and let them figure it out. Sandi b was right about the horrible return policy. This is my First and Last purchase with Rue lala. Gilt (Guilt )is now owned by Rue lala so I will have to stop shopping with Guilt as well. Got my order, they are real branded product, and the insoles are not glued to boot bottom, boots are long, but not unwearable. Stick to Zappos best adjustment policy!

moniquer4
9/20/18

I've ordered a lot of items from Rue, but the last order - nothing worked. I had to send it all back. I was very disappointed. The customer service reps were very nice and they sent me the shipping labels, but they received my returns 2 days ago and I haven't seen a credit. I've always found it interesting that they can take your funds right away, but it takes up to 10 days to put them back. I will give an update as to my refund and see if the stars go up, down, or stay the same.

lisaw507
9/19/18

I PURCHASED 2 watches, earrings, and other items. I spent around $300. The watch I wore, turned colors in a very short time. Don't really wanna explain everything but I think this RU LA LA CRAP IS BOGUS, ILL NEVER GIVE THEM ANOTHER PENNY AND U SHOULD DO THE SAME.I still have the other piece of S_ _ T WATCH, IN THE BOX, NEVER BEEN WORN, THAT I WISH THEY WOULD REFUND ME.

melissam462
9/18/18

Bought a watch not cheap watch doesn't keep time would never buy from them again would never recommend don't waste your money

sandib25
8/27/18

don't order - crappy workmanship & return policy is horrendous! make sure to read every detail as you cannot return items, or pay more outrageous shipping. Never agian

kimberlyl131
8/23/18
• Updated review

I wrote about fitflop shoes not being leather and that I was in the process of returning them... Well, it took a couple of weeks but I did get a full refund.

“Shoes not leather”
7/24/18
• Previous review

I have watched the Wendy Williams show for a while and was excited about the Rue LaLa products that was presented on her show. So I recently ordered a pair of fitflop shoes from Rue LaLa that advertised that they were made of suede and had a leather insole. There's no leather on this shoe. I should have figured this out when I received what I thought was an empty box because they were so lite in weight... I have since talked to customer service that verified the description and they sent me a return label. I will be dropping them off at the post-office in another day or two. Hopefully I won't have any problems getting my full refund.

Tip for consumers: Read the reviews before purchasing anything. You might find someone complaining about what you're wanting to order.

rickp121
8/22/18

Careful with what you order, I was not allowed to return my shoes that didn't fit, not even for exchange or store credit. Worst customer service.

kellym431
8/17/18

Do not buy from this site. Their products are used or returns from stores. No genuine labels or bags. They are repackaged.

barbarar335
7/17/18

I was sold 2 Soft tex pillows, promising they would always be cooling. Their was nothing cool about them. Then they tried to charge me for returning their product that didn't live up to what was promised. Wording about what your paying shipping of $9.95 for is vague as well. Turns out it's for future free shipping. Keep fighting them if you have any problems. I got the shipping fee dismissed after half an hour in chat and the free return.

cindyl220
7/7/18

Terrible experience for the first order to Rue La La. I created account with my current address as my shipping address. Then, I proceeded my payment via Pay Pal that I also created my current address as shipping address. Here comes my nightmares that Rue La La shipped to the address I moved away and deleted 2 years ago. I asked for Rue La Las help to return and cancel the transit but got reply that they cannot help any order which has shipped out frim Rue La La. I have to hold the shipment either from FedEx or post office to return it all by myself. Otherwise, I cannot get my refund!!!! I reached out FedEx but I hanged off the phone after an hour holding on the line. Then, I called two post offices and both of them said no tracking number was found in the system.

guesslyj
6/19/18

I recently ordered a book case at ruelala for a great price (as this is a site for great deals right?) Wrong! 7 days later, I receive an email stating that they canceled my order because the item was no longer available. I was disappointed, but decided to go back on the site and find another bookcase to order; when there it was, the same exact book case for a much higher price.
I could not believe it. I proceeded to call their concierge, which is when they informed me: the original price that I purchased the bookcase was a mistake. so they canceled my order, sent me an email lying about the status of the item(which they later told me it was a generic email;) and relisted the item at the higher price. I told Penny (the concierge who assisted me) that I felt as tough they should honor the price and send me the item; especially with an email containing false information, and the listing mistake was theirs. They refused! How is this fair to consumers, they pretty much lie about their products, and hid behind their policies when it is convenient for them.
Definitely not a trustworthy site to purchase from.

57 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Carol B is wrong! RUE LA LA is not owned by Neiman Marcus. It is owned by an Internet shopping company called Kynetic LCC. There is no reason to think that Rue La La would maintain the same standards as a reputable, all be it overpriced, retailer like NM. There have always been rumours and online comments regarding quality and counterfeit products associated with Rue La La. A simple "Google" fact finding check tells you everything you need to know.

By Bruce B.

see the link below, Rue La La is an authorized dealer AND I called Pandora corporate office to confirm. Do your research before condemning. https://us.pandora.net/en/explore-the-brand/authorized-retailers.html

By Monique C.

If you go on the pandora.net website (their official website) you can search authorized online retailers. Rue La La is listed. They are real charms :)

By M K.

You need to contact Rue La La at: 888-992-5252 phone support /customer service. (Good Luck there, what they have working for them leaves much to be desired) However you paid for said items is how you should be refunded. I had to fight to get refunded via my credit card!!! Remember that you will NOT be refunded the Shipping of over $20 no matter what. That is how they are able to stay in Business!!!!! I would take my Charms to a Jewelry Store, since they did not look right..... mine were FAKES. Lastly, Demand a shipping Label, send the JUNK back and make sure to get your $$$$$ back!!! GOOD LUCK.

By Sun O.

it looks original. I bought 2 Tom ford sunglasses and it comes with original case, box and certificate, the shades are both in good quality as I have bought original glasses in high end stores. I ordered 1 Prada shades and came with a different glasses but same Prada brand with case but no box, I returned it back - I choose to received credit so I wont be charged for another $9.95 for shipping. I got my credit back. Good price for a branded Sunglasses if you compare it with Saks Fifth or Neiman Marcus.

By Sun G.

All of the Louis Vuitton bags I have purchased from Rue have been authentic. All have been preowned and the descriptions and pictures they have shown have been spot on. I have been shopping with them for several years and have always had great service, whether it be with product information or a return.

By Mary S.

Same as any item. 9.95 if you want the refund back on your cars or free if you want the refund to go in your Rue La La credit.

By Mary S.

Questions? Get answers from the RueLaLa staff and other customers.

5 Photos for RueLaLa