Review of RueLaLa

Tel: 1-888-992-LALA (5252)
atyourservice@ruelala.com

sammyc20
2/3/18

I needed the present and I could order another....they would not ship it any faster...it was a Christmas gift...and worst of all...I had two of the presents on my credit card because they would not credit me until they worked it out with the shipper who lost it...WTF....that is not my issue..it is between them and the shipper....Tracking showed that the shipper lost it but they made it my responsibility by not taking the charge off my credit card....RIDICULOUS

alexk160
1/25/18

The worst Espoo have ever heard. Ordered a watch on Dec 8, $300 didnt receive it until Dec 29.. so I had to spend more money to get a different present. Returned it 3 days later and still havent got my money back. Talked to one representative, she told me they received the watch and I should get my refund in 7-10 business days.. after 11 days, without a refund, I called back and talked to another representative. He said they havent received the watch.. trucked it, with FedEX, it was received 15 days ago!!! So now I dont know which one is which!! Talking about we are doing the best we can! Bull$#*!!! WARNING DO NOT SHOP RUE LA LA!!!! Worst mistake I have ever done!!!!!!!!!!! STAY AWAY!!

louiseo10
1/21/18

i have been a heavy user of rue la la for 10 years now--spent a lot of money, gotten some very good values. their shipping is uneven...sometimes things arrive earlier than they tell you at purchase and you may not be home to receive, often they are late and the delays can be lengthy. they also pack and ship the wrong items too often. two lessons i've learned over the years--always check prices on other websites, as sometimes amazon or overstock every day prices are lower (mostly for home stuff not clothing). and ignore their way-too-frequent sale announcements as their prices seem to remain about the same, they almost never actually mark things down

kathereneh
1/15/18

Shop Rue La La? Think twice before you order an expensive piece of furniture, especially if you're a single woman. I made the mistake of ordering a large cabinet, and silly me, assumed that it would be delivered into my home. Instead, they used a shipping company that sent one driver to my home and told me that he could leave it on my porch, but could not bring it inside. He told me that he would probably need 4 men to get that piece of furniture into my house. I refused delivery, because I don't have 4 guys to come move it inside for me. Now RueLaLa says they're SO SORRY that I'm going through this, no, they don't expect the delivery company that they contract with to just leave furniture purchased from them outside, but since it's already with the delivery company, there is nothing they can do. So sorry, best of luck, bye-bye. The delivery company was difficult enough to deal with simply to arrange for delivery. (Missing the original delivery day, and showing up late the following day, refusing to let me speak with a supervisor...) I can't wait to see what luck I have dealing with them now. This was a seriously costly purchase to learn how terrible RueLaLa is at customer service.

jacquesb21
1/10/18

I have shopped with Rue La La a lot over the past year and had no issues until Dec 18 2017. They sent the correct shoe but two diff sizes not once but TWICE! then wanted to charge my account additionally to send correct size shoe and then comfort me by saying that I would get refund in 7-10 business days! Customer service is not all that great and I have no clue how the same issue happened twice. They sent a size 36 and 39 then on another attempt size 37 and 39. Terrible. Dont shop with them! Save your disappointment

scottj86
12/28/17

Buyer beware as you are not getting what they promise. I bought 2 Donald Philner shoes at $169 each. Upon receipt, the box smelt extremely funny but I decided to just air it out, BIG MISTAKE. After wearing the shoes I broke out with a horrible foot rash. They offered a whopping $20 credit for their $330 shoes that I have to throw away. I had purchased before and had incorrect sizes sent to me and had to pay for the return of the product. Buyer beware as the discounts are not worth the overall cost you will supposedly save.

Tip for consumers: As long as you love the product you are great. If you have any problems this company will take advantage of you as they already have your money. There are plenty of these kind of companies and I suggest you use them.

ap1598
12/27/17

I was looking for a certain Burberry jacket. The smokey green color I wanted was unavailable in all stores online but I saw one in my size on here and snatched it as a "treat myself" purchase. It definitely wasn't a discounted price, but I was aware of that. It arrived today in great shape and is definitely what I expected. I was worried it would be used after reading reviews but it looks perfect and definitely genuine. I am also glad I chose to size up because my normal size would've been snug. I wonder if my experience would've been different had I purchased an item advertised as discounted, but availability was why I chose Rue La La for my first purchase, not price.

leeb121
12/9/17

When customer service is unable to give an answer to question, they simply hang up! They sent me wrong products which I returned. I have been trying for over a month to get my money back!

kittys15
11/13/17

I've been a Rue customer for at least five years. Over the past six months, Rue's customer service has been truly shockingly bad. I can understand a mistake here and there - but there's been a consistency of poor interactions with their customer 'service'. I dont think you can call it service because the issues never get resolved - though there's a bubbly email that's supposed to make it all better.

tonyt29
11/10/17

I ordered a cashmere sweater from rue la la and stated it was on sale for 129.99 when i received product thin sweater did not like no problem but returning was problematic.

But second product ordered from alor bracelet was totally deceptive; shown larger in pic and stated 1250 product reduced to 199.00 too good to be true sure was. it was so small and not as advertised; will be returning it and not ordering from rue la la ever again. the kicker was when going on alor site the price prior to discount was 350. can you say class action complaint. don't use rue la la it is not the discount or quality it purports.

leighc19
11/2/17

Scammers

Sent my items back and no refund and refuse to respond to emails

Avoid like the plague they are thieves

lailam6
10/25/17

I have been waiting for an email or call back for the past 3 days. The concierge service staff as they like to call themselves is very unhelpful.

reginaw26
10/18/17

Ive never received anything that wasnt authentic and the quality has always been good. I received a purse with the wrong hardware color once and when I called, they were amazing and genuinely cared about their error. They gave a good and shocking resolution that I was beyond happy with. Ruelalas customer service representatives are the best people Ive ever dealt with. Im very happy with their service, and I really believe they strive to go beyond usual expectations of a customer service representative.

samuelp31
10/18/17

ordered a ring and it arrived 20 days later after several requests, and I can only enjoy free shipping within 30 days?? Trash website go to hell

jhonnyl
10/6/17

Interesting to see such negative comments about the site. I usually make at least a couple of dozen purchases from there a year. Mostly clothing and brands such as Timberland, Brooks Brothers, ASICS, Sorel, just to name a few.

A couple of purchases of higher quality wines. Four bottles for $100, when they are $200 at the store is difficult to say is a bad deal.

Most of the negative comments did revolve around jewelry and I have bought watches from them in the past and everything worked out well for us.

Overall, I would say give it a try and find out for yourself.

luluc3
9/27/17

I would give 0 star if I could. I bought a necklace for $400 dollars three months ago and used it very gently (meaning putting it on and not touching it while wearing it) for five times. The chain broke during the middle of a meeting and I was not touching it or anything. Given how the chain broke, it was clearly a defective product. I called the customer service and asked for a replacement or repair. They said no, stating that since it has passed the 30 days period, there is nothing they can do.

This purchase really felt like a fraud.

I always know that Rue La La sells fake luxuries, so I don't purchase those from the website. But I was not expecting the quality for those non-luxury products to be so poor. In fact, I am now guessing that the huge discount is either because the products are fake or that the products were defective and refurbished for sell.

I will never purchase anything from this website again and I suggest anyone thinking about it to think twice.

reginao5
9/13/17

I order her often but have noticed many mistakes. I have ordered items that were just cancelled and wasn't notified - some were gifts. I have increased my order frequency and now their errors are more obvious. Increasingly frustrated with them because don't know which order wont show up on time - I have written and complained at least 3 times in the last month for various orders! This happened once and I was disappointed, then it happened 2 more times recently and led to disappointment because how could I have forgotten. Dont know what has changed with the company.

kh1034
9/7/17

I actually really like RueLaLa. I have shopped there for several years and have not had the same bad experiences as the others. It is hit or miss as to what you will find and you do have to watch the prices. Sometimes they will advertise something as a deep discount and if you google it you will find it on another site for the same price or even less. I do think they inflate the original price sometimes. But I will say with a lot of the clothing that I bought, the original tags are on there with the MSRP and I do feel like I have gotten some steals. The best deals are the final sales and they do make it clear when something can't be returned, so you just have to decide if it's worth risk. I have never felt that I received anything fake from the site and I have ordered a lot of jewelry and clothing over the years. The shipping is high, but they they do give you free shipping for 30 days after paying the $9.95 on the initial order. They also offer deals throughout the year where you can get free shipping for a year. They normally offer it for $50 but if you hold out they will reduce it to $30 which is a deal in my opinion. The shipping times can be long for some items, but the site does clearly tell you when they anticipate shipping the item. I never had an issue with Customer Service either. The few times I have reached out to them, they have always been helpful. My only complaint, and the reason why I would not give 5 stars, is that I have had a handful of orders cancelled on me over the years. This is always frustrating and baffles me how this can happen. When I click on the "buy now" button, I expect to receive the item and not get an email later saying that the item is not available. It has left me wondering at times if I will actually get what I have ordered. But overall I have been pretty happy RueLaLa.

deborahr75
9/1/17

As a very special treat to myself after selling a piece of property, I bought a very expensive pair of earrings-$1399- that were advertised as being 32 carats of opal and diamond. When they arrived, there was no packing slip and no certificate of authenticity. I called and asked them to provide some verification that these are actually the gemstones as advertised which they told me they cannot do. I brought them to a jeweler who said he thinks the diamonds (tiny, tiny) but does not think the 32 carat stones are opal. They were luminous in the photo online, but dull in reality. Do not buy from this company! I have unsubscribed and intend to follow up with the authorities.

lisas476
8/27/17

Will never purchase from Rue la la again. I returned 4 dresses that did not look like the pictures on their website. They only refunded me for 1 dress, when I returned 4 dresses!!! They said I have to wait a full 12 days to refund me for the other 3 dresses. I called my credit card company and opened a dispute. They are the worst company ever!!! Avoid!!!

katrinac25
8/26/17

I placed an order for one item total $29.99 and had SEVEN charges to my account webchat advised it was charged due to an error in address entry and a "supervisor" Jake said order place was hit 7 times....makes zero sense Web char was THU morning and nothing was done customer service SAT on call had credit dept remove charges unexplainable why that wasn't done on THU- sent email inquiries and have heard nothing. I will never use this site or any companies related to Rue lala

andrewm241
8/11/17

Took 10 days to process a return which means that they will cam me for another 9.95 shipping charge. Prices aren't great. Good to find somethings that you don't find elsewhere, but not worth the bad service

helenn36
8/11/17

I will never order again from RueLaLa. I ordered a J.Mclaughlin dress on sale. Two days later I noticed that the local J. McLaughlin store was having at sale at substantially better prices. RueLaLa charged me $10 shipping and then when I decided to return the item, they charged me $10 shipping again with no option to return at my expense from the post office. $20 just to try an item. NEVER AGAIN. They are a rip off.

annm246
8/8/17

Ordered eye cream and seum set seen on the Wendy Williams show advertised as a high end product but was sent fake products. I called their customer service and was told that that was what was advertised on their website. They advertised D'or 24k gold but was sent D 24k golden eyes. Scam!

gabrielam14
7/20/17

Don't buy anything from Rue La La IS FAKEEE!!! I bought a Pandora Charm and I got a simple bag with NO LOGO and with a very very fake charm I noticed at first sight.
It is cheap because is FAKE! Then I went to the Pandora official store and they confirm what I thought... that I had been cheated and this was a Scam. So disappointed!

Tip for consumers: It is cheap because is FAKE! I've added some pictures for you to compare a legit charm vs. a rue la la fake charm!
DON'T BUY ANYTHING!

57 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Carol B is wrong! RUE LA LA is not owned by Neiman Marcus. It is owned by an Internet shopping company called Kynetic LCC. There is no reason to think that Rue La La would maintain the same standards as a reputable, all be it overpriced, retailer like NM. There have always been rumours and online comments regarding quality and counterfeit products associated with Rue La La. A simple "Google" fact finding check tells you everything you need to know.

By Bruce B., RueLaLa Representative

If you go on the pandora.net website (their official website) you can search authorized online retailers. Rue La La is listed. They are real charms :)

By M K., RueLaLa Representative

They are fake Pandora doesnt have a sellars contract with them

By Shannon L., RueLaLa Representative

You need to contact Rue La La at: 888-992-5252 phone support /customer service. (Good Luck there, what they have working for them leaves much to be desired) However you paid for said items is how you should be refunded. I had to fight to get refunded via my credit card!!! Remember that you will NOT be refunded the Shipping of over $20 no matter what. That is how they are able to stay in Business!!!!! I would take my Charms to a Jewelry Store, since they did not look right..... mine were FAKES. Lastly, Demand a shipping Label, send the JUNK back and make sure to get your $$$$$ back!!! GOOD LUCK.

By Sun O., RueLaLa Representative

All of the Louis Vuitton bags I have purchased from Rue have been authentic. All have been preowned and the descriptions and pictures they have shown have been spot on. I have been shopping with them for several years and have always had great service, whether it be with product information or a return.

By Mary S., RueLaLa Representative

Same as any item. 9.95 if you want the refund back on your cars or free if you want the refund to go in your Rue La La credit.

By Mary S., RueLaLa Representative

Questions? Get answers from the RueLaLa staff and other customers.

RueLaLa?