Review of MiniInTheBox

72%
Categories: Wholesale Clothing
Beijing, 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Happy Halloween! Fun & cool gadgets!
Visit Us

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

andrewp133
4/30/17

My wife placed an order, they told her it would arrive on whatever day, then when that didn't happen they told her it was at the airport an hour from our house and if she changes her review on this site they will give her a refund and she can have what she ordered for free, then when she called them out on it all they responded with was a new arrival date. I'm thinking... lawyer time! Don't order from these people unless you're into getting robbed and blackmailed.

genadyv
4/28/17

the item was supposed to arrive up until 18 business days.
after waiting for over a month and complaining that the item has not arrived, their customer service is asking to wait up until 60 days.
not buying there again.

loril62
4/26/17

There is no way to contact these people if your order doesn't arrive. I've been waiting nearly 3 weeks since my order was shipped. Their tracking information doesn't work using various order numbers and tracking numbers and item numbers. No help is available. Ripped me off.

davida334
4/26/17

I ordered two LOVE MEI cases from MiniInTheBox for my Note 5 but was shocked and pretty angry to be sent two poor quality fakes instead.

The cases that I was sent didn't match those clearly pictured and described on the MINIINTHEBOX website, and were certainly NOT original LOVE MEI cases as they were advertising. (I have an original, genuine LOVE MEI case already and was just attempting to buy two more in different colours)

MiniInTheBox initially apologised and said they would take up with their Chinese supplier but I then went through a long, incredibly frustrating (and at times exasperating) process involving multiple emails and customer tickets over several weeks to attempt to get my return shipping refunded and a refund for the cases themselves. Support tickets were continually closed as 'Complete' without the issue being dealt with, and several times I had to re-explain the whole problem by email and was asked to send screenshots of postal receipts and photos of the fake cases that I'd already previously supplied to them. It appeared that MiniInTheBox customer service staff were either unable or couldn't be bothered to look through earlier support tickets to familiarise themselves with the issue.

I've kept every item of my correspondence with them and have screenshots from their online support ticket system to verify the above. One of my worst online shopping experiences in 15+ years. At least my money was finally refunded but I would not use MiniInTheBox again after this and would advise others to proceed with caution.

sarasm
4/26/17

Recebi meus pedidos antes do tempo previsto e tudo veio bem embaladinho e são lindas as minhas capinhas. Tudo muito fofo! Vou continuar comprando.

chrisa182
4/22/17

I attempted to buy a waterproof cover for my Samsung Galaxy J1 phone from this company.

I ordered a product that was described as a waterproof cover, but when it arrived it was just a back cover with no waterproofing function whatsoever. The front of the phone was fully exposed and there was no waterproof covering over the camera lens, flash, the rear speaker, or any of the buttons.

As Mini-in-the-Box advertises a non-waterproof version of the cover that I ordered (at a lower price), I assumed that they had sent me the non-waterproof cover by mistake. I put this to them and they agreed to send me a second waterproof cover without requiring me to return the incorrect one. When I received the second cover it was exactly the same as the first one! I then realised that they dont have a waterproof cover available, and that their advertising for a waterproof cover is false.

I pointed this out to them and told them that they must remove or correct their advertising, but they have not done so this cover is still advertised as waterproof on their website. I can only assume that this is because there is a lot of interest in a waterproof phone cover, so this generates a lot of orders, and when most people receive the non-waterproof cover they simply throw it away and put their poor experience down to dealing directly with foreign suppliers.

I reviewed the phone cover on the Mini in the Box website to warn potential purchasers that the cover isnt waterproof, but they refuse to publish my review. This explains how a product that fails to perform one of its major promoted functions gets five stars on their webpage they simply dont publish or count negative reviews.

Another important issue with Mini in the Box is that I paid extra for the shipping method Postal Expedited (5 - 8 business days) as I am travelling around Australia, which makes it hard to coordinate delivery with my location. However, in both case the delivery took over three weeks, so I wasted my money paying for 5 - 8 business days, and it was a difficult process getting hold of the (incorrect) products when they were delivered as I had moved on.
On the positive side: the non-waterproof covers that I received were well made and fitted very well. However, they were of no use to me as I already had a simple back cover, so I gave them away.

The after sales service from Mini in the Box was very good. I placed many customer service tickets with them and the response was acceptably fast. I received an uncountable number of apologies for my inconvenience, they immediately agreed to send me a no-charge replacement when it appeared that they had sent me the wrong product, and they refunded my money promptly when I determined that they could not supply the product that they advertised.

Of course, no amount of good after-sales service make up for falsely advertising the product and delivery time, and the months of massive frustration this has brought to me.

andersb6
4/22/17

I ordered something the 31/03/2017, and it were shipped the 01/04/2017. Have not receieved the package and the tracking number doesn't work at all, bad customer service. I'll use some other seller in the future for my products..

ls137
4/20/17

I also placed an order never received it and cannot track it- even though I have received emails regarding the order! The directions from the company are useless because I cannot log on/create account to track. The website pages for customer service are pretzel logic with no hope of getting a human involved. I'll use another online seller in the future.

nichollep
4/18/17

Order never came. They are now saying it's been delayed...after for weeks saying it was sent out and in NYC since the 16th...which is only a couple hours from me. I complained further and they asked me to change my original rating to a 4-5 on sitejabber...that if I did that, they'd reimburse me my money AND let me keep my cases for free whenever they show up later. No frikken lie. How the hell can an order be delayed and shipped all at once. It's been a month or so since I ordered. Shouldn't I get refunded regardless of changing the damn review on this site for them?

gb72
4/18/17

WARNING!!! Miniinthebox sold and shipped me an electronic device for dog training that will NOT WORK in North AMerican electrical plugs! I sent them a picture of the plugs in NA. They took the money and have refused to respond to my complaints about this, despite 3 written attempts, in fact, they no longer answer the feedback requests. STAY AWAY from Miniinthebox!! unless you want to throw away money with no recourse.

jamis90
4/18/17

Total rip off! Do not order from these people. Never received my product and they still charged me. Is this really a company or a scam?!

aliceb101
4/17/17

ho comprato precchi tempi con miniinthebox.com a dire il vero la roba mi é arrivata sempre secondo i tempi scritti sul sito, é il posto ideale per trovare tutti i gadgets ed atrezzi e tutta cio che é relazionato con la tecnologia e eletttronica. Lo consiglio per tutti gli amici e familiari.

vuongd
4/13/17

Have been waiting over 6 weeks, received nothing.
Customer service asked me 3 times to wait few more days.
Then asked if a refund is ok, i said Yes!!

Now they ask me to wait again till end of april. I ordered in february!!!

Be warned!!! They steal your money

danielm324
4/11/17

Tudo q eu pedi chegou no tempo que eles disseram, da forma que o site indicou e os correios entregaram na minha residência. Muito obrigado pelos lindos produtos e com certeza vou comprar novamente neste site.

rustyg8
4/11/17

Sent for a Wireless Bluetooth FM transmitter for $8.50 free shipping. They mailed it 28 days ago and on the 9th day I I sent an email asking where my order was. They where sending me a lot of emails asking me how I liked my order so i figured it should have been here if they are asking me. Don't know, never got it. they sent a generic email saying it would take 20 days and case resolved with it. It is now 28 days and still no package. no one to contact except the generic emails you get. 2 minutes after posting this, I get another generic email saying case resolved your order was shipped. OK but still have not received it so how can case be resolved??

bb156
4/10/17

I ORDER 2 MEMORY CARDS AND HAVE NOT GOT THEM YET ITS BEEN OVER 20 DAYS AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE THEY ARE YOU GOT MY MONEY BUT I HAVE NOT RECIVED MY ORDER IT WAS ORDERED MARCH 19 2017 AND ITS ALREADY APRIL 10TH 2017 I WANT MY ORDER IF NOT GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK.
NOT A HAPPY CAMPER
AND TRY TO CALL YOU PEOPLE NO NUMBERS TO BE FOUND...
SOME ONE GET A HOLD OF ME ASAP

johnnya25
4/8/17

Ordered and literally seconds later went to cancel to the order in favour for another. They still billed and shipped the first hours later and dont want to solve this.
Whats the point of order cancelation if they dont care anything about it.
STAY AWAY

antona21
4/7/17

I ordered a led light for my plants. The order confirmarion said sending by post and delive ry 18-20 days, which I accepted.. Were very surpriced when I got an information from DHL the package would be here in a few days. They had sent it Express, the result extra freight, custom, handling and AVT. I had to refuse to receive the package, better to loose what I had paid for it instead of paying a lot of expenses. Anyway, no more from Mintinthebox!!

louised48
4/5/17

Ordered a phone case for a new Huawei phone that I got. On the website I searched for the particular phone and found a case that I really like. However, once the case arrived I found that it didn't fit my phone. After raising this issue with mini in the box they were very quick to resolve the matter which was greatly appreciated.

tracyb109
4/3/17

I had bought my daughter an IPhone 7 plus for her 13th birthday... also...she picked out "your product....cases for it...she ordered 4...it's been a month...NOTHING!!!! NO REPLIES TO EMAILS NO NOTHING! YOU $#*!ING ASIAN BASTARDS REALLY KNOW HOW TO RUIN HER BIRTHDAY! $#*!IN $#*!S!

nathanl44
4/3/17

If you order from this company, be aware that the tracking system in shipping internationally is a bit odd. I did use the slowest shipping method, so maybe the others are better. It was at least a week before I actually was able to see progress. My product was listed as at customs right before the delivery attempt. It's not a scam, just takes time. I did receive the wrong color product but functionally nothing was wrong. The company reached out to me right away to resolve the issue. I declined the generous offer they made to resolve the issue, but I was definitely glad to see they cared. This is an updated review. My first review was written in anger that my daughter didn't receive what she ordered. She is happy with what she has and I couldn't find a better price anywhere!

jimp124
4/2/17

Je n'ai pas encore tout essayé. Les fonctions de base sont OK. >Cependant, certaines fonctions, comme le compteur de pas, s'arrêtent lorsque on sort de la fonction : elles ne fonctionnent pas en background.

romanm38
3/29/17

The site pretends to sell items from Holland, but in fact ships them to you from China. As a result, EU customers end up paying huge import customs duites. When you complain to the site's customer service, you get only empty talk and end up being ripped off.

magaritac
3/29/17

se garantiza la entrega y los productos tienen muy buena calidad, precio excelente. Los collares de moda variados relojes de fantasia muy bonitos

walterg33
3/27/17

Ofschoon ik toch een beetje huiverig was vanwege het bestellen in China, heb ik toch de stoute schoenen aangetrokken en een poging gewaagd om een aantal hdmi kabels via miniinthebox te bestellen. Het was niet duur dus ik dacht ik probeer het gewoon. Tot mijn verbazing ontving ik al na 10 dagen mijn kabeltjes. Goed verpakt, stevig materiaal. Zeer goede kwaliteit, dus ik ben zeer tevreden. Het zal zeker niet de laatste keer zijn, dat ik hier wat bestel.

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

191 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the MiniInTheBox staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question