Review of MiniInTheBox

MiniInTheBox reviews

Wholesale Clothing
Beijing, 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Happy Halloween! Fun & cool gadgets!
Visit Us

sarahh254
6/21/17

I ordered a phone case on 14 May, still not arrived, and I can't get into my orders, they keep sending me new passwords but they don't seem to work !!!
How else can I get in touch?

claren334
6/17/17

These people are a bunch of criminals.
My order never turned up. The company just sent a standard email. Basically saying they are not responsible for the item not arriving. Disgusting customer service.

laym3
6/15/17

STAY AWAY, scammed to feeling embarrassed! Ordered two connectors for iMac to TV from them thinking they were located in Seattle. They're in freaking China! Place the order 6/6/07, and got an email saying it was shipped on 6/7/07; its now 6/15/07 and the package is still stuck in China somewhere according to the tracking number. The reason they state that it's been shipped immediately is that its extremely hard to cancel the order once its in the 'shipped' status!

I DON'T expect to get my package at all and just have to chalk it up to experience, but you can AVOID the same thing happening to you buy shopping at least within your own country. Chinese companies or notorious for being rip off artists! You've been WARNED, buy at your own risk!

yuzelm1
6/14/17

Ordered something for 45Euro, then I had to pay 30Euro customs fee - I refused, declined the order.... No money back yet - 45 days already...

bazb2
6/12/17

I ordered 10 phones accesories on 20th may. I shall say the processing time is way longer than it estimates, maybe its just because I order in that quantity so I waited for abit. (TBH I was afraid Of being scam with this websites, after reading so much bad reviews, didn't read it at the first place..) The processing take time until 7 June, which is 18 days of processing time. But despite that long time period, the shipping was amazing, the tracking was so updated and with dhl it only takes 4 days to reach my place. 4 star because one of the item is wrong, despite ordering for iPhone 7 plus they gave me for 6s.

cg95
6/12/17

Item said "Delivered" but never received it. No legit contact # or email. Says to "Login" to their website account to change status, but purchased as a guest. Now, website will not resend a pw to our email to create an account. Razzle Dazzle Scam of a website.

victork37
6/10/17
• Updated review

Unbelivable! Posted this review below and then got bribed and thretened - see email further down:
"STAY AWAY! ordered product and expected delivery with the 10 days stated. after 30 days no delivery and then I moved to new address. MiniInTheBox could not even try to change delivey address and forced me to cover the extra returncost and charges! So i got charged 50 % for a product that was returned to them because of their late delivery. quick but rude customerservice. worst shopping experience ever"

Quickly afterwards I got this probably illegal reply from their customer service:

"Dear Victor,

This is Tammy, supervisor from mini in the box. I apologize for the inconvenience and would like to help.

After checking your order, it arrived to Sweden on 18th. Then due to address issue, it begun to return to sender. But we haven't received it back yet. You can check this tracking link: 2017-06-08 02:49 In Copenhagen, has been exported /link removed/

Once item identified, refund will be issued accordingly. Due to this issue, courier will charge us shipping fee and handling fees.

Please note because the shipping method you chose for this order was postal service. It's the cheapest shipping method we have, while takes the longest shipping time for delivery. It usually takes 10-18 working days (14-26 calendar days) for the package to arrive. Maximum days is 26 calendar days. Please be noted we can't change shipping address due to transit.

Considering it is your first order with us and if you don't want anther 10-18 business days for package arrive, I can offer you a special solution:

If you help to update the review on sitejabber 4-5 star to show this case has been taken care of by me or remove it, I can help to apply a direct Full refund for you without waiting and any fee deducted.

Will that be acceptable for you? If review updated, refund will be issued accordingly. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Tammy
MiniInTheBox Customer Service"

Is this legal??

“Got robbed. Had to pay for product not delivered”
6/9/17
• Previous review

jackied64
6/9/17

I ordered a case for my Kobo Aura 2nd Edition ereader. The case I ordered from them was titled "Leather Cover Case for Kobo Aura 6 inch ereader". The ereader I have is 6 inches, so I thought surely this product should fit my device! No such luck. When it arrived (2 weeks after I ordered it), it was too small for my device. I sent them pictures showing that their supposed 6 inch product does not fit my 6 inch device and mentioned that their marketing is misleading. I told them I'd send it back and expected to be reimbursed the full amount I paid, including the cost to ship it back to them since their marketing was misleading. They offered me a return of less than what I paid for the device, and they said my other option was I could keep the product and as a "reward" they'd pay me $5. Wankers.

To be fair, they answered all my messages within at least a day, but I asked to speak to a customer service supervisor, a request which was basically ignored. In response, I was told that I would get a refund (which is still less than what I paid for the product), and that my ticket had now been resolved. I highly doubt that refund will ever happen.

I'll be taking them to the ACCC and consumer protection and definitely never buying anything from them again.

princep7
6/6/17

Im from Australia and I ordered two items (iphone cases) last may 9 and still not received my order. When I tracked it says its been shipped but where is it?????

kinjalm
6/5/17

CHEATER COMPANY.... I NEVER RECEIVED MY PRODUCT. I have chosen no tracking option for my product so these guys conveniently opted to not to deliver the product. Pls beg dnt buy anything form this site . Its worst site ever. BIG CHEATERS, RASCALS.

I DONT EVEN WANT TO GIVE ONE STAR

lisas436
6/2/17

Basically, ive ordered (phone cases) from this site before (around this time last year, 2016) and my products did arrive eventually, but about 4+ months. I have ordered from them again recently (more phone cases), the shipping said it would arrive in 8-12 business days but im not getting my hopes up as im pretty sure it will be another 4+ months before arrival.

kylief4
6/2/17

This company sucks. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

I'm in Australia, have been waiting 73 days and my package is still stuck in Germany.

I've complained about 6 times and the company keeps closing my complaint after sending me a stock standard response. This response suggests that my package probably hasnt been delivered because of my absence... yep - I'm certainly not in Germany!

I've asked them to refund my product two or three times because, after more than 2 months, I've had to buy the product from another location. Again "customer service" keep closing my complaint on the basis that I should continue to wait!

Don't buy from here unless:
1. you're buying a samsung s9 cover or iphone9 cover because that's how long you'll be waiting; or
2. you're looking for the latest range of invisible phone covers.

bn42
5/30/17

so you refund if you don't get your item, cause mine never came, and no refund..........waiting waiting

joeym50
5/30/17

upon buying the item the ticket said 5-6 day delivery contacted support when 2 weeks passed (14 days) they said please wait 30 days for your item... also noticed 30 day return policy from the day they ship it to you... so basically this is a scam and if i am not happy buy the end out this you will be getting a letter from my lawyer.
( upon writhing this review mini in the box customer service has contacted me and is handling the situation professionally and swiftly)

michaelw347
5/29/17

This is the last time i will use this site.
I thought i was just having a bad day and the package got delayed or something but after looking at the tracker with shows that i already received it.

So i tried using there customer service and my first two attempts just seemed to have dissapeared. But then i finaly got one threw and waited ...

The customer service works 24/7 however they only seem to work when asking for refunds and writing reviews (according to older posts).

I payed via paypal and am now hoping to get a refund. I will let you know if it works.

Update:
Igot an answer: Please send a picture of the missing parts.
great, i'll send you a picture of an empty desk.

Update:
I traced down the package itself thanks to DHL not miniinthebox, i know right big supprise there. Now i'm going to receive it and i hope for the love of god miniinthebox have send me everything i ordererd. If not i'm gona have another pleasant PayPal dispute.

Last Update:
DHL hero! after calling them i received it the day after. had to pay about +20% of my total cost to customs but atleast i got something. The reason it got stopped by customs it due to miniinthebox witing swiming gogles instead of electronics --' genius.

Conclusion:
Don't use this site, but if you really have to calculate a 20% customs cost to your items and just cal DHL if something is wrong.

darlenem33
5/29/17

I ordered 3 watches on March 24,2017 and as of May 29,2017 have not received anything. I have sent three inquiries and been given seperate ticket #'s each time. They say it was shipped out in one while another says it could take up to 38 days. They can't get their stories straight. I wish I would never have seen this site on Facebook. All I want is to receive merchandise totally $24.30 that we're to be gifts on May 6th.. This company sucks!!!

delphineg1
5/26/17

I bought an item from this site. It was not delivered in the said time. This site is a scam do not order. No way to track or contact anyone.

susans347
5/25/17

I put in my order last week and paid the extra money for expedited shipping which is delivery between 2-4 business days. I have not received my order a week later! Despite my email they are still sticking to their date of delivering weeks late! This is unacceptable and misleading to those who book online. Online businesses such as MiniIn The Box are scams and should not be trusted but also its website along with others should be policed by a government department. This is no way to treat consumers!

sofyas
5/15/17

I had to replace headlights on my car recently and found this store that offers lighting equipment at a bargain. With expedited shipping I've received my order within a week, which is awesome, considering they ship from China. I've installed it and been using for about half a year, everything works perfectly.
I would definitely recommend this shop. Wide range of car related products and great value for money.

abhilashm
5/12/17

It's been a month since now that I have ordered on the site but not yet recieved the order....make sure that I receive it as soon as possible.!!!! And guys please think twice before you order from this site

ashtonm12
5/7/17

Ordered a gear S3 watch and which took 3-4 weeks to arrive. But the band sizing was different on both ends so one end didnt fit. Advertised at 22mm but only one end of the band was. Customer service does not provide an email or chat contact function. You need to fill in a return request repeatedly to ask them what is going on. Has been 2 weeks going into the 3rd with no reponse.
** This issue was resolved with offer of refund without returning item. This simplified the process greatly.

yoannb7
5/3/17

Satisfait de la commande,livraison rapide
frais de douanes remboursés grâce à l'assurance qui ne coûte quasi rien
Article confirme au descriptif
Lumière puissante, blanc naturel

annaf55
5/1/17

Ordered February 23, 2017 - No product arrived as of May 1. Their tracking has said 'The item is on transport to the country of destination' since early March. Their last customer service response tried to tell me I waited more than 180 days to report the problem so their postal carrier deleted tracking information. Uh - basic calculation, 180 days is not up until Aug 23 even if the whole deleting info is legit which I doubt. Attempting to get a refund but not holding my breath. This site is a scam - stay away from it.

ETA: May 2, 2017: Now they want me to wait until July for said package, or I can edit my review to give them more stars. Their CS says that after editing or deleting my review they will send a refund. Like I said: total scam.

ETA: Mat 8, 2017. I did receive a refund after posting this review. I honestly doubt I would have received it without resorting to posting it in the first place though. After posting this review, my case was suddenly taken care of by a supervisor who could actually construct sentences and appropriate responses as opposed to just copy/pasting form responses that don't apply.

francoe1
4/30/17

La peor compañía de venta por internet te cobran por un envió de 3 a 4 días de negocio y se demoran 10 15 20 días en enviártelo y lo recibes si tienes surte una verdadera estafa una mentira y un mal servicio nunca más les compro nada y nunca más recomiendo a nadie que lo haga solo los clientes debemos denunciar esta estafa para que no puedan operar más cobran por un servicio el cual no cumplen y se quedan con nuestro dinero

andrewp133
4/30/17

My wife placed an order, they told her it would arrive on whatever day, then when that didn't happen they told her it was at the airport an hour from our house and if she changes her review on this site they will give her a refund and she can have what she ordered for free, then when she called them out on it all they responded with was a new arrival date. I'm thinking... lawyer time! Don't order from these people unless you're into getting robbed and blackmailed.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

200 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the MiniInTheBox staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 7/5/15
on 4/6/15
on 3/16/16
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the MiniInTheBox staff and other customers.

64 Photos for MiniInTheBox