US Government’s NSF

MiniInTheBox reviews

74%
Beijing, 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Happy Halloween! Fun & cool gadgets!
Visit Us

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

leylab1
9/23/16

Hi.
My oder no.1609200225184137
I paid twice for an order. I have cancelled them bought but still show pending. Im wondering when should i get the refund? It has been more than 4days now but no response from your company. Its annoying. I might end up contacting paypal and my bank regarding this matter.

I dont know how else i can get in contact with your company

mileshf
9/22/16

I bought some stuffs at the end of July, 26 2016, it was supposed to be an expedited shipping but they did an error and same was done by normal delivery! As at now I haven't received my parcel yet! The staff kept telling me to wait!which I did for more than two months now! I asked for refund and they said to wait again till the 20th of September and if i don't get the items they will refund. As a now 22 September, they haven't reply any of my messages,
Please help as it is unacceptable and bad customer service! Those items were gifts and those birthdays are long gone! Please help!
Ticket ID: 13143223, 13287158, 13384866
Awaiting a reply soon!

Regards

carlad18
9/22/16

I have waited for my items 1 1/2 months and yet I reported it to the seller. They are very active in responding complaints, they told me that they will reship again my items and wait again for another month to be received. Unfortunately, the post office send me a slip that saying, I need to claim it under custom and pay additional amount. The date indicated at the slip was sept 14 and yet today is Sept 22. Almost 1 week my items were slept in custom custody. Shipping fee is FREE and yet so much trouble is happening. I hope those items were good to use and original. Or else, I will never ever order again on this online store.

docd7
9/21/16

I can't tell whether the sales people just have difficulty with English, or just don't know anything about the products they are selling. I purchased two LED light bulbs that were advertised as 9W devices. When received, they consumed less than 4W when driven by 12VDC and the full wave bridge rectifiers were only operating in one direction so clearly defective. Both lamps exhibited the same failure mode.
Customer service was quick to ship a new set but did not send me any tracking information. But in due time (16 or so days depending on when you think they actually shipped) they arrived. This time the rectifiers work but the LEDs are still 5W devices claiming to be 9W bulbs. And when delivered, one of the bulbs had fallen apart (or was never fully assembled) and I could see that the LED substrate was labeled "5W".
In LED lamps, heat rejection is critical so a thermal path from the LED substrate to the heat sink is critical for long life. In this case there is no thermal compound or adhesive between the LED and the case so it is only held in place by tension on the electrical wires and the back of the lens keeps it from getting too far from the heat sink. This is not enough to keep it cool. While it is an interesting design, it is not a product that matches the claim for how much power it consumes or how much light it puts out. And customer service seems to be at a loss as to how to deal with this reality.

The appropriate solution is to change the product description on the web site to say that they are 5W LED bulbs and not 9W bulbs and to insist that the manufacturer provide test data to support the life projection.

I am impressed with the customer focused attitude, but I am not totally satisfied that they have a preemptive approach to quality. It is worth noting that this is my first order and it is only one item type among many that they carry so it is possibly an anomaly. But I will be more cautious and inquisitive before I order again.

For the product that was delivered, the price per lumen is comparable to very high quality Cree bulbs available off-the-shelf at Home Depot which come with a three year warranty and do not have a 16-day delivery delay. So there is not a huge price advantage for buying what is (in my opinion) a lesser quality product.

cheyennem3
9/19/16

I brought at least 3 phone cases on the 30th August, where the money was taken from my account and everything. I was then told on the 1st September that my parcel has been shipped and would be here within the 10-20 days.. Its now the 20th September.. They still have not arrived and it's getting ridiculous.. I've ordered from her before and the packages were here well and truly before the time frame given but yet I'm still waiting for this order. I am unable to track it and I have tried emailing miniinthebox to find out where it is yet I have received no reply. At this point in time I would like my money back and there is no way in the future I will be buying from here again.

kelleym20
9/19/16

Don't promise a delivery time frame if it's not going to be shipped as such, that's unprofessional and that's one way of losing your customers. And, stop apologizing for not being on time for deliveries - instead do something about it!

jwd
9/16/16

At the delivery some small (but essential) parts were missing. It took some time to come in touch, but after all, the problem was solved very quickly and effectively.

amandah97
9/15/16

Ordered an item (SKU - S20960950002)for the first time from them. It took so long to arrive. each time I logged in to try and contact them - my email address was not recognised or my password wasn't - therefore I did not 'exist'. No other way to chase the order. Eventually contacted bank to request money back - then the item arrived. I contacted bank to cancel the investigation - but now the item doesn't even work properly - so once again - i cannot contact them as no email, phone number or address is available. So once again - its back to the bank I go t request investigation. ARGH!!! Should have stuck to the ever faithful amazon..

korrieh
9/14/16

On August 27th I placed an order for ALL my bridal party jewelry. I Recieved an email for confirmation of payment. On August 31st, I recieved an email saying it was shipped. but I Wasn't able to track it And stated it was a carrier I never heard of before it also stated that I would recieve my package by September 5th. September 10th comes and I'm getting worried. My wedding is in 7days at this point. I send an email (there is NO number to call) Exactly 24 hrs later I get a response saying that it was shipped on the 5th with the same unheard of carrier and that I can now track it. I go to track it and it says package NOT FOUND!!! Still can't track it. Still NOT here. My wedding is in 3 days now and I HAVE NO JEWELRY FOR MY GIRLS.

jakem65
9/12/16

I ordered something on September 4th and I paid $18 for 3 day shipping. I got an email that my order was shipped on September 5th. So with basic math 3 day shipping means my order would be here the 8th. I really needed for the 9th. It still didn't arrive on the 9th, it's now the 12th and still nothing. I want my $18 back for the 3 day shipping. Every time I click on the tracking number it says I have no account. I'm never doing business with this company again. MinilnTheBox sucks!!

sanders167
9/7/16

I paid for my parcel, it was confirmed via email twice that i paid and that the parcel was sent.
But if I want to track it it is said there are no parcels for me. Even my bank tells me I paid for it.
So where is it?
The Parcel Number is #24964324

Kind regards
herrsanderschmidt@gmail.com

kizzae
9/7/16

I have purchased many watches and jewelry from this site. Their prices are GREAT. People always ask where I get my watches from. Shipping can be good depending if the item is available in their US warehouse. I love Miniinthebox.com!

thilow
9/6/16

Send my order with direct payment and it says 3-4 days. Now 7 days after order, there is still no package. In my mail its paid and on the website tracking system its not paid. even my bank account say its paid. I cant contact the customer support... could one of your team respond to this and open a ticket for me?

As far i am not very happy with this side.

tamir19
9/6/16

i am a small new business and ordered a couple of items, i paid for fast delivery ect, my order should have been here yesterday and now there saying upto 15 days....erm thats not what i paid for, very unprofessional.
i WILL NOT be using these again as there customer service leaves alot to desire too, i pad for fast delivery not snail pace, thanks but im now out of pocket due to cancellations of my services as my clients were promised a date and you couldnt follow

peterj117
8/31/16

Placed my order three weeks ago. (Promised delivery in 5 to 8 days) In one day they had my money; but I have not seen my order and their tracking system is crap!!!

marijev
8/30/16

I always liked miniinthebox because it's so cheap, although it isn't very good quality, but you can expect that when you see the price. though I've been meaning to contact them, I really don't understand how you can make a 'ticket' to contact them, its really unclear how to do that.

Update: minion turbo responded very quickly and I really like how they resolved my problem! And that's why I really like miniinthebox too!

philipm71
8/29/16

Well, they tried hard to fix it. Customer support came through right away and offered to reship or a refund, which I accepted - and the refund arrived a few days later.
My original review: "They either don't deliver or, if at all, very, very late with poor quality products.
This amounts to online fraud, typical of many Chinese companies.
Avoid this company at all costs."

lucass28
8/25/16

When i first ordered i chose items that said "ships within 24 hours" i was impressed that i could have my items so fast! Apparently that means in 24 hours they put my stuff in a box and sent it away. Do not be confused by this it does not mean you get your stuff in 24 hours i have been waiting for 16 days and when i try to track my parcel it tells me that it has just arrived in Canada same for the past week. I am beginning to hope my parcel was lost and not that it is supposed or even normal for it t take this long.

Tip for consumers: The site is nice ect. Bottom line, DO NOT EXPECT FAST SHIPPING and SHIPS WITHIN 24 HOURS IS NOT WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE.

brianw123
8/23/16

If you do any business with this company you will get bombarded with adverts and spam that you do not want. It will not allow you to unsubscribe. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY or you will have lots of RUBBISH adverts sent to you.
CAN YOU PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE ME NOW.

georgem174
8/22/16

I originally wrote a negative review for light in the box/mini in the box because I had trouble corresponding with their customer service regarding a return. The matter has since been resolved. I do feel that it was more difficult to to contact their customer service than it should have been and hopefully they can streamline this process in the future. That said, I did get my refund and will consider using using them again.

lorettao2
8/17/16

Non riesco a trovare il numero ordine xche'dall'altro numero da cui ho ordinato non mi fate più accedere...

ovio
8/14/16

This website it's a big scam, the tracking number shows nothing, it's no way to contact this people,they have no contact options,the order shows is shipped but in fact you receive nothing,someone has to do something with them,are many complains and nobody care??Where is the police to investigate all this fraud?
Already escalated the case to paypal,you are a website full of scammers, that tracking number is fake, we can't contact you directly and you answer to us only when we forward the case to paypal because you are afraid.I already contact the the authorities,bad luck for you because i am an experienced IT person who understand very well how this things works.I contact a lawyer and the authorities and together we will investigate your website.

tracyf39
8/12/16

Said our items shipped on 7/30/16, and we used the 5-8 business days. It's now 8/12/16 and NOTHING. When I try to contact customer service, there is NO way to get hold of them!! It claims item has shipped, but there is NOTHING. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE!!!

andym108
8/10/16

'Official' 'Original' Samsung tablet cover was a cheap plastic counterfeit item.

Company refuses to refund the full costs for the product.

Avoid this company.

amitb4
8/8/16

i have been waiting for the order since july2014. we gonna file a suite in consumer court against you

After posting the review these people contacted me. Now after quite a few mails exchanged they have refunded my payment.

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

137 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the MiniInTheBox staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
6 hours ago
Answer
minii
A: Dear Customer, could you please provide us the product link? If you don't have any particular item you want to buy yet, please search the key word in the search bar on our website. www.lightinthebox. Thank you
2 hours ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
1 day ago
Answer
minii
A: Dear Customer, for the refund of out-of-stock items, in order to provide more convenient service for you to place a new order with other items, we refunded the payment to your credit account on our website instead of to the original account you paid. So please go check your credit account then you'll refund the refund there. You can either withdraw it to the original account you paid, or use it to pay for the new order. Thank you for your inquiry.
2 hours ago