Review of LiveCareer

LiveCareer reviews

Career Advice, Jobs, Resume
Tel: 800-652-8430
customerservice@livecareer.com
Create a professional, job-ready resume in minutes
Learn More

michelep45
8/21/17

I used site to create mine resume, cover letters, and family member resumes. I also used their resume review service. As a recent job candidate that has not had to look for job for 15 years, I found their format and ease of use very beneficial.

dees78
8/7/17

I think I managed to write my resume on this site without paying, and submit it for review... and got back many requests to buy the full review to tell me how wrong the resume is to help me buy the service to improve my resume. I did not buy ANY upgrades or extra services. So that was good. I think I did not spend ANY money. BUT THEN I googled one of my projects... and my resume came up! Here! on LiveCareer.com site! WIthout my name, but everything else (including my ZIP code, my wording, my job titles, my employers and clients, etc. etc. CLEARLY MY RESUME AND EASY TO CROSS-CHECK ON ANYTHING ON THE INTERNET. Argh! I felt like this was a lot less privacy than other sites like LinkedIn (where I control my privacy) and also Indeed (where my resume is available only to those looking for it, not everybody). So I went to customer service to chat to ask for my resume to be taken down. They said it will happen in a few days... no confirmation #, no email to be sent before or after :( So how do I know it will happen? Sadly, I don't. I don't trust this company and wouldn't trust them if they swore they were lying. But at least I have't lost $ yet.

leannw3
8/4/17

I wish there was an option for less than 1 star for this company.
When you sign up, they tell you it's a monthly fee of $19.95 which I was ok with as I am actually in need of constant resume updating for both my boyfriend and I. What they don't tell you is that even if you choose to not get the extra Resume Review product, an additional $19.95 charge, that they still charge you for it. I called and emailed in, as well used their online chat option, and still was not able to get this unauthorized, fraudulent charge refunded. I kept getting told a "Professional Services" department would call or email me within 24-48 hours and still have yet to hear from them. They then cancelled my subscription as a "courtesy" when I actually wanted to keep it. It's incredible that they are able to keep customers when they literally steal your money for services you specifically request to not have and then refuse to contact you back.

cindeew
7/30/17

if you sign up for one product, they automatically sign you up for a monthly service and their cancellation process is not clearly stated. Do not use this site as it encourages these inappropriate practices of literally taking you money.

barbarae44
7/30/17

Cancellation of my subscription, this product is sooo good and have used it to help my son, I now longer need there help.

edp40
7/29/17

My daughter signed up for a one-time trial two years ago, not realizing that she was signing up for a subscription. She logged back in this month to see if her data was still there -- and we were charged $19.95. Our credit card's fraud department flagged it. We're disputing the charge. Live Career said it would not grant a refund because "the charge has gone through." Look elsewhere if you want to write a resume -- LiveCareer is scamming you.

janr65
7/25/17

I used this service to create a resume, which I wasn't able to ultimately use because their formatting doesn't allow you to make any adjustments to the final product and I needed to. So, I canceled the subscription. Months later I find that they've used my resume as an "example" and my personal employment and education experience is online for anyone to see if they google my name and location (though my name and address don't show up on the page). I've emailed them several times to have them take my information down but they respond like they don't understand me and keep telling me I don't have an active account. I may need to report this to the BBB. I definitely do not recommend this service.

emmab124
7/20/17

i have used live career many times to write cvs and cover letters and even to look for jobs !! This time i decided to start a paid membership so that i could email and also print the finished resumes and cover letters- i decided to pay for one month and then cancel immediately. at one point i was told i was entitled to a resume review which i thought was great , and assumed that it was free ....only to find out that i was charged $24 !!!! its left me with a very sour taste in my mouth. i was a big fan but now i will think again about using this website - the trust has gone !

johnr497
7/19/17

I used the service just to produce a CV for my 16 year old daughter and paid the one off fee. Only to discover a monthly payment to be taken out which I did not see coming and can not see an e-mail confirming this.
Be careful when using them. They are apparently transparent and clear in the pricing - I do no think so....

titov
7/17/17

I initially signed up for the trial also and have been being charged for a FULL YR.
The website did not show the rate or Price in the main URL or links, sub nav related to that. People don't use this website

stevet142
7/17/17

I used them to compose a resume, which was an okay experience. Later, I did not renew my one-year membership, and was told when I cancelled they could give me a shorter membership if I needed it. Today, I tried to reactivate my membership for less than one year, and was told they couldn't help me! So, this paying customer will never use their business again; it seems like greed, not customer service.

louisec81
7/14/17

the lady that helped me Esmeralda Rodrigez was absolutely brilliant, I had worked all night on a CV , my laptop died, when I logged in it was lost, i could not find it anywhere, i had not saved it, I needed it for a job interview I just had, it looks like i got the job but they needed my CV and at waiting, without it id loose this job and Esmeralda got it back in seconds, she got it all back for me, she was so helpful and top customer service, she really did a great thing for me as it was so important to me and I am not even a member yet but will be paying after the service I got from this lady, just fantastic, she deserves a reward

richb55
7/5/17

Excellent templates. Easy customization. Great customer service! If you do NOT want to get billed on automatic renewal you MUST call and cancel. This is like most businesses these days....everything is setup on auto renew until you cancel.

winniep5
7/3/17

Customer service was great. I enjoyed using their website. It was informative and had really neat features beyond resumes and cover letters.
They really worked with me t find the best price for the services that I needed.
Amazing

derekr33
6/28/17

Customer service was great gave me a discount on service and was very informant. Offered a lot of assistance

robinp70
6/26/17

I initially signed up for the trial also and have been being charged for a FULL YR - this is my bad for not fine tooth combing my bill but i tried several times t contact them and nothing... Finally got through and they tried to UPSELL ME !!! nightmare and waste of money!!!!!

rudyh8
6/20/17

The system is great and the staff are really friendly. Highly suggest to to live talk with them than calling on the phone.

brianr153
6/15/17

Being partially tech challenged, this service was a blessing. It completely took the anxiety out of creating a resume again after having not done so in years. Very easy, excellent templates, and lightning quick Live Chat assistance whenever there was a challenge on my end. Highly recommend this service. The "added value" features are also quite helpful (preparing for interview, etc).

nathani307
6/14/17

I used LiveCareer to write a resume and every prospective employer was impressed! Definitely an awesome service!

josev45
6/11/17

I have being a Customer since 2014 and live career and their amazing team has been behind, helping me boost my Career.. Thank you, Again

onorinam
6/10/17

Christopher was professional, friendly and knowledgeable! He fixed my issues in no time and was pleasant and made me feel like his good friend. I highly recommend this site for all your resume needs, especially if they are all as super as Christopher!!! Thank YOU!!

zuljendrao
6/6/17

I had problems retrieving my saved resume, but Carlos Gomez helped me with the issue. He was really helpful and friendly. The website can made more user friendly, but there is always someone there to help you and guide you. I would really recommend this website! Keep up the good work guys <3

charityk3
6/5/17

I was have trouble submitting my payment and John M was very polite and helped me get my resume in a matter of minutes.

stevev38
6/1/17

I had confused myself creating multiple accounts to always get the trial price however when I chatted with agent Gilberto Cortes he helped me get it all together and was able to secure a much lower monthly if i wanted along with another trial offer and made sure while i transitioned accounts nothing was lost, awesome work and care!

kristinam51
5/31/17

Josue Sanchez was super helpful when I asked how to move segments of sections around. He really saved me time and frustration!

Helpful answer

Our free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchaser ability to print, email, or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription and not listed as a feature of the free account. However you can download a plain text version of your resume for free. To be able to use all premium futures of the service we offer customer a 14 days access for $1.95 and we indicate up front that it will auto renew after the 14 days and that it can be cancel at any time. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings. We are very committed to providing great customer service. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team. Please contact us directly if you have any further issues. You can email me at customerservice@livecareer.com or send us a private message here, we will be more than glad to address all your concerns. Best Regards, Live Career

By Laura T. [LiveCareer Rep] on 2/15/16
Helpful answer

This is what the site advertised: For 14 day access, $14.95, and for a year $39.80. However, signing up for ANY service aloows the site to store your payment information for further billing, and getting in touch with them, much less obtaining help is nigh impossible. After two weeks they will pull $39.80 MONTHLY from your payment method (please see my review and others on Google and yelp for further verification of this).

By Tameka H. on 7/27/15

Do not use this site!

By Alana L. on 4/21/15
Helpful answer

I had to cancel my Debit Card account with Bank of America, because the Bank refused to block LiveCareer from my account. I wonder if they are in cahoots or what??? I believe a class action suit may be required so we can get our funds back.

By William P. on 8/30/15
Helpful answer

Dont waste your time trying to contact them. I went to my bank and had all future billing refused AND I went to the State Attorney General and reported them.

By c j. on 4/22/15
Helpful answer

Call your bank and change your card number Call them and let them know you have contacted your bank and will contact the better business bureau of you don't get a full refund. Then contact the better bBB and file a formal complaint. You will have a refund within a week. That's how I got my money back

By Eliza S. on 8/6/15
Helpful answer

I tried phoning Anna and I live in new Zealand. No luck. I've also emailed a lot. Our only way out was to cancel my card and my husbands. They won't refund any of it. We have lost nearly $200 in two months. Good luck. I hope you can get something out of them.

By Merryl A. on 6/9/15
Helpful answer

We apologize for any inconveniences you may have experience while using the service. We are committed to provide great customer service so we can definitely verify your account and provide you with further assistance. May you please contact us via our support email customerservice@livecareer.com so we can assist you in resolving all the concerns that you may have on your account.

By Laura T. [LiveCareer Rep] on 2/22/16
Helpful answer

It was a great resume....but I agree w/ other posts....MAKE SURE YOU CANCEL!!!!

By Denise C. on 5/8/15
Helpful answer

Hi D: Thank you for taking the time and submitting your question! We have analyzed your account and due to this specific case we have provide you additional refunds as a courtesy. We are sorry you encounter this issue with our product and hope that our new resolution help us amend this situation. Best Regards, LiveCareer

By Laura T. [LiveCareer Rep] on 6/27/16
Questions? Get answers from the LiveCareer staff and other customers.

4 Photos for LiveCareer