US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyw14

And the customer service is great, you're just too dumb to even listen to what the reps are telling you. (in 287 reviews)

ashleighe1

No idea why people don't read before they pull out their credit card. (in 141 reviews)

anal58

The problem is as I explained to her I did not want to become a member, I only signed for the free 14 days trial. (in 67 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

sandraj39
7/28/16

It was an excellent customer service by the agent Marilyn, she took her time me with my resume and she helped me figure out how to edit the resume with the tools that are provide on the website . Marilyn was very helpful

matts116
7/28/16

I was very pleased with my customer service experience and Enrique was very helpful, understood my situation and quickly found the resolution I was looking for. My wife had signed up for a $2 trial just to update her resume for her current employer and had no intentions of using the site to find another job, etc. She failed to cancel her subscription as she should have and Enrique confirmed that she hadn't logged in but just 4 times, all within the 14 day trial period. He stated that he could credit 3 months but there were 2 more months he'd need approval for, and he was able to get that approval within a couple of minutes. If we ever need job-searching resources, we will certainly look into using your site! Thanks for showing me that there is still great customer service out there - it means a lot.

obya
7/28/16

The service, helping you to create your CV was one of the best I have come across. It gave you so many examples and samples for the individual to use, that my CV looks great!! Edgar, who was the person I was chatting to on the live chat, was very helpful even when I no longer needed their service, and even though it's procedure for him to try and persuade me to stay. But overall, apart from creating my CV of which I truly didn't make full expected use of their service, but it was there for me to use at my leisure. Just didn't have the time! Overall, a very good service!!

georgeo30
7/27/16

Note all the fake 5-star review - LIveCareer is trying so hard to cover themselves.
Look, there are MANY resume builders out there. I wasted my entire morning with this one - billed as a "free" builder - but went to print and charged $1.95. The (hidden) charge would have been fine, but then **the formatting and font CHANGED** when I saved the resume to either Word or PDF. I was advised to save to RTF (that didn't work either - the formatting got completely screwed up)
Do yourself a favor and choose any one of the other dozens of Resume builders out there - you'll be so glad you did.

donnam142
7/26/16

My representative was awesome, Kathia Chavez. She knows her product and how to make it work best for the customer. Outstanding service

melanies56
7/26/16

I was nervous about doing my cancellation over chat, as I was afraid that they would say it was cancelled and not actually do it. Ana was very professional and even without me having to ask, she gave me the confirmation #. It was quick and easy to do what I needed to do. Thank you, Ana M.

daeunc
7/26/16

The customer service representative was very helpful and kind. It was a nice and fast process!

marshallm28
7/24/16

Peter was a very professional and courteous and polite and knowledgeable gentleman. He assisted me very well and I am very thankful for his input.

williamb218
7/21/16

I didnt understand the 14 day trial. The rep explaned it to me and help me get what I needed done. Thanks!

robertm380

Great Company assistant to my needs. Enrique help me. Nice Fellow

cristinaw3
7/21/16

I signed up to write a resume and did not realize I would be charged every month. The customer service representative was very helpful in cancelling the subscription but I essentially paid for 4 months that I did not need or use. Fine print about this needs to be bigger. Kind of sneaky.

vanessab47
7/21/16

Mary H. Was exceptionally held full. She definitely was able to resolve the incovinience of the charge made to my bank account with out my knowledge. She help me and gave me no hassle or inconvenience. Thank you so much Mary H. The customer service industry needs more representatives like you. Thanks again.

katee16
7/21/16

The customer service was great after I brought up a problem. Their programming in one of the templates made a cover letter appear to have an error in it. I was super bummed. I mean, I was applying for a PROOFREADER position! But, they fixed it, refunded my month's fee and renewed my subscription for half the cost. So... pretty good. I really like the template service better than just about any other one out there.

bens140
7/21/16

The resume and cover letter service were exactly what I needed and provided me what great results. When things got complicated with the payment, the customer service was excellent in providing me with a refund and helping me get exactly what I was looking to get. The live chat helps to individualize the process and they're always willing to help. I'm very satisfied!

ralphr24
7/21/16

This site is simple to create resumes and letters for jobs

kristens28
7/18/16

I signed up for a $2 two week trial to help me wrote a few cover letters, and when the trial was up I did not use the site anymore. Two months later I was charged 36$ which was all of my grocery money that I had left. I talked to their customer service and it turns out I had to cancel the subscription instead of it automatically cancelling, which in my opinion is a sneaky underhanded practise, however their customer service representative helped me get the two months subscription back quickly and kindly. 5* for the people who work there but 1* for the company's practises!

carries53
7/18/16

Live Career gave me everything I was looking for.

maryd194

Great service!

jennam23
7/17/16

I thoroughly enjoyed the easy to use website. I wrote a cover letter and was able to secure employment with the template. I would recommend sending customers a reminder email before their account is charged to ensure less cancellations and better service!

drewl9

leanar
7/16/16

I had not been using the site for close to a year and when I got a surprising charge from LiveCareer I contacted them immediately. The gentleman was very understanding and very informative, closing my account and refunded my money! Great customer service!

parrishb
7/16/16

Very good option for those who need it

medhaty

Very helpful

andream107
7/15/16

loved that this website offered templates to work off of in order to build a resume. What I didn't like was the fact that once I downloaded my resume, I couldn't make any tweaks or adjustments through microsoft word. Instead I had to make any changes/adjustments through the website. I ended up downloading at least 10 copies of my resume, each with slight adjustments made according to the job I was applying for. Pretty annoying. However, when I called their customer service department to cancel my membership, Jennifer, the customer support rep, was very courteous, professional, caring and helpful. Great attitude. Because I had such a great CS experience, I will actually reconsider and revisit my membership in the future when they've improved on their downloading features.

erinc52
7/15/16

Though I have had some concerns with the actual product, the customer service I received from Luis was EXCELLENT! He went above and beyond to solve my billing issue and that was greatly appreciated.

As for the product, it needs work on formatting. When you download or export to Word the formatting is off, like spacing and margins. You also cannot edit once you export to Word which makes the resume close to useless. Many companies and agencies that these resumes are being sent to require a word document and they have to modify it to upload it into their system. It's very unprofessional that the format changes and line spacing is skewed once you export to Word. It looks terrible! This needs to be fixed!!

43 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LiveCareer staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
6/27/16
Answer
dougj2
A: Hi D:

Thank you for taking the time and submitting your question! We have analyzed your account and due to this specific case we have provide you additional refunds as a courtesy. We are sorry you encounter this issue with our product and hope that our new resolution help us amend this situation.

Best Regards,
6/22/16
Answer
dougj2
A: Hi SHelby:

You can cancel your account by contacting us thru a direct message with your account number or email you utilize to create your account. You can also cancel by logging into your account and clicking on the Name link. Then click on My Settings then Subscription and you can choose to cancel your subscription.

Best Regards,