Review of LiveCareer

Tel: 800-652-8430
customerservice@livecareer.com

derekr33
6/28/17

Customer service was great gave me a discount on service and was very informant. Offered a lot of assistance

robinp70
6/26/17

I initially signed up for the trial also and have been being charged for a FULL YR - this is my bad for not fine tooth combing my bill but i tried several times t contact them and nothing... Finally got through and they tried to UPSELL ME !!! nightmare and waste of money!!!!!

rudyh8
6/20/17

The system is great and the staff are really friendly. Highly suggest to to live talk with them than calling on the phone.

brianr153
6/15/17

Being partially tech challenged, this service was a blessing. It completely took the anxiety out of creating a resume again after having not done so in years. Very easy, excellent templates, and lightning quick Live Chat assistance whenever there was a challenge on my end. Highly recommend this service. The "added value" features are also quite helpful (preparing for interview, etc).

nathani307
6/14/17

I used LiveCareer to write a resume and every prospective employer was impressed! Definitely an awesome service!

josev45
6/11/17

I have being a Customer since 2014 and live career and their amazing team has been behind, helping me boost my Career.. Thank you, Again

onorinam
6/10/17

Christopher was professional, friendly and knowledgeable! He fixed my issues in no time and was pleasant and made me feel like his good friend. I highly recommend this site for all your resume needs, especially if they are all as super as Christopher!!! Thank YOU!!

zuljendrao
6/6/17

I had problems retrieving my saved resume, but Carlos Gomez helped me with the issue. He was really helpful and friendly. The website can made more user friendly, but there is always someone there to help you and guide you. I would really recommend this website! Keep up the good work guys <3

charityk3
6/5/17

I was have trouble submitting my payment and John M was very polite and helped me get my resume in a matter of minutes.

stevev38
6/1/17

I had confused myself creating multiple accounts to always get the trial price however when I chatted with agent Gilberto Cortes he helped me get it all together and was able to secure a much lower monthly if i wanted along with another trial offer and made sure while i transitioned accounts nothing was lost, awesome work and care!

kristinam51
5/31/17

Josue Sanchez was super helpful when I asked how to move segments of sections around. He really saved me time and frustration!

mohammada85
5/28/17

I had an issue with Myperfect Resume but the wonderful Zoey I do not know her last name made EVERYTHING right for me and worked with me to ensure that I was gaining the knowledge needed to operate site and worked with me throughout everything to make sure I was a satisfied customer and that is a sign that this company is here to hopefully find people jobs including myself as a newly graduated student. THANK YOU ZOEY!! YOU WERE AMAZING

kathrynw34
5/23/17

I was afraid calling in to temporarily cancel my subscription would be an annoying experience. But the staff member helping me with the process was nice and efficient. She discussed options to continue but was in no way too pushy. I appreciate the professional and informative call I experienced. This will definitely secure me wanting to continue my subscription at a later date and recommending this website to others.

ericb165
5/11/17

Alejandro was great, he went above and beyond. Answered all my questions and concerns in a timely matter.

Tip for consumers: Live chat actually works!

dawnb93
5/9/17

When you are looking for a job, this site is worth its cost in gold. Help with cover letters and resumes can't be beat. So super user friendly and simple. I would recommend it to anyone in the job market. Even customer service is super friendly and helpful. Thank you LiveCareer!

brittanis2
5/8/17

When I tried to donwload my resume serval of times, it would not download. So I used my google email to try it and it only downloaded half of the page. So I tried to call customer service about it and I never got an answer, I stayed on the phone waiting for over an hour. I finally called back 2 days later and the lady was very nice and helpful. I advise to not call after one in the afternoon. You probably won't get an answer. As well as, use your google email. Yahoo doesn't work at all!

alank49
5/8/17

The site is very difficult to navigate, and reminds me of windows 95. absolutely awful software to work with.
Anyway I spent 8 hours creating a CV, hit the 'FINISH CV' button, & I was transported to a payment page (this site is advertised as free) I hit back and EVERYTHING, everything, EVERYTHING i spent the previous 8 hours getting word prefect - pulling my hair out had disappeared. gone.FOREVER. I rang the company and they were like 'sorry we cannot retrieve your information.' i bet they get these kind of calls every day all day/ WHY DOES THE FINISH CV BUTTON NOT SAVE YOUR CV, they'd be happier getting your money out of you even though its advertised as a free CV builder. than save all the work you did. bunch of *!!!!! absolutely terrible system. make your own on CV with Word - you're better off.

*Language redacted by admin

tobiast4
5/8/17

I initially signed up for a one month trial and for some reason my membership was holding on for a year.
I realized that this it was my fault not checking my credit card billing thoroughly enough, so I said to myself:
Ok, wasting this GPD 255 was stupid, so at least get an invoice to deduct your taxes...

But this is not possible with Livecareer. After 8 mails back and forth they told me:

"If you wish to have an invoice of the transactions that were made you will need to contact your bank. Unfortunately we do not make invoices, we truly apologize for the inconvenience."

Overall experience:
The generated CV was nice, but regarding the monthly subscription model, billing and invoicing it rounds up as:
A scam company sitting on Bermuda and not issuing any invoices - and most probably doesn't pay any taxes.

angelp44
5/7/17

Very helpful tips for writing resume & reasonably priced after calling to cancel membership I was offered a great deal to keep my subscription..

spencerw19
5/5/17

Updated and easy even for me !!! Friendly professional on the phone !!! Yes a person to speak to !!!

stephena52
5/3/17

I used this site to update my old resume and cover letters, and I really believe that my cleaned-up resume helped me land the job I wanted. The samples and templates are helpful as well as the vocabulary features to help you really say what you can do and focus your resume's purpose. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that I think that its monthly fee was awfully expensive for a service that you'd really only need when changing jobs and interviewing. When you contact them to cancel, however, they do offer a much lower pricing. Josue was excellent and courteous as well. Really appreciated his help today.

jessicab232
5/3/17

I called in because I wanted to cancel my subscription. The customer service Representative whose name is Italy, helped me out by letting me know that since I am a student I could receive all of the benefits of the website for only $3 a month!! I was so excited I had no idea that I could save so much money and still have access because I am a student.
Italy was so sweet talking to me about my degree and encouraging me with the use of the website! I have to admit I wanted to keep the service because I was so impressed with how caring and down to earth the customer service representative was!!

Thank you Italy!!!
- Jessica

zoem19
5/1/17

They put me on hold for about 10 minutes without saying anything when I requested to cancel my subscription, until finally I started pressing random buttons, and immediately someone answered. It seemed as though they wanted to wait me out until I would hang up so that I wouldn't cancel my subscription. It was the opposite of what customer service should be. The woman who answered me took way too much convincing to cancel my subscription and continued to try and convince me not to after I had made it perfectly clear I wasn't budging. Their customer service system is designed to make it as hard as possible to cancel your subscription. Don't waste your money here

michaels604
5/1/17

Only reason it's not 5 stars is a little difficulty understanding her but she was courteous and patient.

asifs3
4/28/17

Since I'm based out of US, and this company primarily deal with customers of US, hence this service was of no use to me. Hence I contacted them through the live chat. Patric did an excellent job and really helped me out! Seeing my situation, he even initiated a full 100% refund. Nice job sir, kudos to you and your team!

Tip for consumers: This has the fastest live chat response time I've ever used in any real website

Helpful answer

Our free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchaser ability to print, email, or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription and not listed as a feature of the free account. However you can download a plain text version of your resume for free. To be able to use all premium futures of the service we offer customer a 14 days access for $1.95 and we indicate up front that it will auto renew after the 14 days and that it can be cancel at any time. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings. We are very committed to providing great customer service. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team. Please contact us directly if you have any further issues. You can email me at customerservice@livecareer.com or send us a private message here, we will be more than glad to address all your concerns. Best Regards, Live Career

By Laura T. [LiveCareer Rep] on 2/15/16
Helpful answer

This is what the site advertised: For 14 day access, $14.95, and for a year $39.80. However, signing up for ANY service aloows the site to store your payment information for further billing, and getting in touch with them, much less obtaining help is nigh impossible. After two weeks they will pull $39.80 MONTHLY from your payment method (please see my review and others on Google and yelp for further verification of this).

By Tameka H. on 7/27/15

Do not use this site!

By Alana L. on 4/21/15
Helpful answer

I had to cancel my Debit Card account with Bank of America, because the Bank refused to block LiveCareer from my account. I wonder if they are in cahoots or what??? I believe a class action suit may be required so we can get our funds back.

By William P. on 8/30/15
Helpful answer

Dont waste your time trying to contact them. I went to my bank and had all future billing refused AND I went to the State Attorney General and reported them.

By c j. on 4/22/15
Helpful answer

Call your bank and change your card number Call them and let them know you have contacted your bank and will contact the better business bureau of you don't get a full refund. Then contact the better bBB and file a formal complaint. You will have a refund within a week. That's how I got my money back

By Eliza S. on 8/6/15
Helpful answer

I tried phoning Anna and I live in new Zealand. No luck. I've also emailed a lot. Our only way out was to cancel my card and my husbands. They won't refund any of it. We have lost nearly $200 in two months. Good luck. I hope you can get something out of them.

By Merryl A. on 6/9/15
Helpful answer

We apologize for any inconveniences you may have experience while using the service. We are committed to provide great customer service so we can definitely verify your account and provide you with further assistance. May you please contact us via our support email customerservice@livecareer.com so we can assist you in resolving all the concerns that you may have on your account.

By Laura T. [LiveCareer Rep] on 2/22/16
Helpful answer

It was a great resume....but I agree w/ other posts....MAKE SURE YOU CANCEL!!!!

By Denise C. on 5/8/15
Helpful answer

Hi D: Thank you for taking the time and submitting your question! We have analyzed your account and due to this specific case we have provide you additional refunds as a courtesy. We are sorry you encounter this issue with our product and hope that our new resolution help us amend this situation. Best Regards, LiveCareer

By Laura T. [LiveCareer Rep] on 6/27/16
Questions? Get answers from the LiveCareer staff and other customers.

4 Photos for LiveCareer