MyPerfectResume

2020 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

MyPerfectResume has a consumer rating of 4.5 stars from 16,680 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with MyPerfectResume most frequently mention customer service, cover letter and easy process. MyPerfectResume ranks 1st among Career Advice sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 4 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 89.7%
6,806

• The name is justified by the customer service i got
  • Easy to use, amazing templates for resumes, and great bullet points provided.
  • 2020 Customer Choice Winner

• This types of bullshit and worst websites just doing fraud money from others credit card.its just frustrating.
  • It's UNACCEPTABLE they had collected my bank account twice of 23,80£ on the July Month.
  • Hard for me to access final copy of resume, called phone number at the end still no help.
How would you rate MyPerfectResume?

“Excellent Customer Service”

Pamela U.
12/31/20

I so appreciated the customer service from My perfect resume! Both my husband & I are looking for jobs, and they have worked with us to help us be able to utilize their awesome resources for crafting cover letters and resumes, within our tight budget constraints. I found the site easy to use, and the results were beautiful! Best resume yet! Thank you ever so much for really caring and trying to help. Sincerely Pam

“My cancellation was a joke”

gina y.
2/10/20

I canceled my subscription and now they are taking money from my account in $25.00 increments. The person on the phone acts as if he can't hear me. He is continuing to tell me about my subscription details. I had to hang up on him. I called back and he offered half of my money back. I said no that won't work for me. Please let me speak with your supervisor. Now I'm getting my money in 7-10 business days. OMG thank you. The lesson here today. Make sure your subscription is really canceled.

Reviews (16,680)

customer service (519) credit card (95) bank account (34) bullet points (0) job search (0) phone number (0) right words (0)
deborahp399
March 23rd, 2020
Verified purchase

Faster than doing on my own. Phrases and suggestions very helpful. Nice choice of layouts. Not happy about auto-billing and was initially listed as free.

Yashira H. – MyPerfectResume Rep

Thank you for your review, Deborah!

cokers
May 26th, 2020
Verified purchase

Good experience. It took me a while to complete since haven't been job seeking since pandemic began affecting all of us.

pamelau189
December 31st, 2020
Verified purchase

Thank you ever so much for really caring and trying to help.
Sincerely
Pam

Tip for consumers:
Generate the resumes you want and be sure to put the renewal date into your phone as an alert so that you can cancel prior to the next months charge if you want to. Also remember that you can create resumes for more than one person too, and don’t forget to explore interview preparation info as well.

Products used:
Perfect Resume computer application with resume & cover letter help

Yashira H. – MyPerfectResume Rep

Thank you, Pamela, for sharing your experience with us, our team prides itself on providing top-notch customer service and your feedback helps us tremendously.

scottv202
Verified purchase

It was extremely easy and fast, all templates are wonderful and have a lot to choose from. Besides being the fastest resume I've done without even have to think of what information I should apply you have so many benefits, they can check your resume and correct all your mistakes or give you a better way to re-word phrases, and customer service is always there for any questions and concerns you might have and you have a 30 day to cancel subscription if needed.

Yashira H. – MyPerfectResume Rep

We appreciate you detailing your satisfaction with our resume builder, Scott.

leahb143
February 28th, 2020
Verified purchase

I hadn't completed a resume since I started working with my employer 22 years ago! The prospect of creating one basically from scratch was defeating. However, I was surprised at how easy myPerfectresume made the process! Pre-populated task and skill selections based on my career, multiple template choices, and walking me step-by-step through the process WOW!

Yashira H. – MyPerfectResume Rep

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we’re excited to hear you feel that way about our resume builder, Leah.

stephanielynnl
February 18th, 2020
Verified purchase

I love this website so much! Every time I have to update a resume to apply for a new job or my friends or family ask me for help I tell them about this awesome service. I love the options for each job field and really helps me capture the perfect professional portrait of myself, in any field! Great job on this and I am super impressed and will continue to be a loyal customer! Thanks again - Stephanie - Kitchener, ON, CA

Manuel K. – MyPerfectResume Rep

Thank you for sharing your feedback and rating us with 5-stars! We love to hear how people love our product Stephanie.

peteri103
March 4th, 2020
Verified purchase

It was most helpful to have a template to use with all the added helpful ideas to list as far as skills and details about my job listings. I didn't have to stress over using the right details because I am an old student with experience in writing my own resumes but it has been such a long time that I was a little nervous about how to go about being professional. Thank you so much!

Manuel K. – MyPerfectResume Rep

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for giving us a good review.

brucef152
January 22nd, 2020
Verified purchase

I like using your product. I do not feel a need to a subscription when I attain a job. Make it feasible for people to use and purchase. As my Dad always told me "It's better to make a little of something than some of nothing". I help a friend out from time to time and I offer using this site but they don't want to pay the price. There are FREE resume sites out there. Just saying.

Reason I chose this business:

Easy to use. Like it.

Reason I chose this product:

Needed resume on file

Yashira H. – MyPerfectResume Rep

We're always open to suggestions for improvement, please do not hesitate to reach out to us with more of your feedback, Bruce.

juliei51
August 7th, 2020
Verified purchase

4 stars only because It's a bit too expensive, but I think it's worth it to have the template. Thanks.

Yashira H. – MyPerfectResume Rep

Reviews like this really make our day, Julie, thank you!

bhattacharyaq
May 29th, 2020
Verified purchase

This is a wonderful site! After sending the resume made here, even if i got rejected, each and every recruiter wrote back a personalized note of regret to me which has never happened before. A part time opportunity turned into a full time job after submitting my new resume from your website. I'm glad I came across this amazing resume tool.

Yashira H. – MyPerfectResume Rep

Thank you for the awesome review and for letting us know that you landed a full-time job, Bhattacharythat’s terrific news!

barbarah969
June 18th, 2020
Verified purchase

I could not get my cards to go through. It turns out it was a problem because it was an international transaction. This needs to be stated on the account somewhere so that steps can be made ahead of the transaction. I can try other cards, but I will have the same results. It is frustrating to have the wrong cue from your business. I had to call to get the information needed and then call my bank. Then everything went through smoothly.

Yashira H. – MyPerfectResume Rep

Thank you, Barbara, for taking the time to let us know your feedback, we’re always happy to hear it! We’re constantly looking to make our products and services better and listening to our customers is a big part of that.

danq38
February 14th, 2020
Verified purchase

Your site advertises everything as free, but once we are finished editing/building our resume, it charges? That's false advertisement and someone of your marketing team should definitely fix that because you all are the first ones to pop up on google when searching "free resume template" and it is obviously not free

Yashira H. – MyPerfectResume Rep

Thank you for sharing your feedback, Dan!

Please know that under no circumstances do we false advertise in any sort of way, for the benefit of our users, we offer a free account that gives you the chance to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase, and you may download a plain text version of your resume for free.

We also provide the option of a 14-day trial for a small fee, which gives you the ability to print, email or download your resume and cover letters, but these features are NOT listed within the free account.

matthewm994
August 3rd, 2020
Verified purchase

I understand you're a business; but for people trying to find a job right now, $24 is an expensive undertaking in this critical time. I appreciate the ease with which I was able to make a resume, but man I'm low on cash and falling behind on bills, and for access to creation of one sheet of paper, I just am unsure of the morality of it. Hopefully it was a worthy investment. Thank you.

Yashira H. – MyPerfectResume Rep

Thank you, Matthew, for taking the time to write this review, your feedback will help us provide an even better experience for our customers.

russella59
Verified purchase

Nice simple format with lots of options and easy plug ins. Make what seemed like a daunting process very straight forward and approachable. Once I got started it was easy to edit the bullet points to taylor them to my specific experiences.

Yashira H. – MyPerfectResume Rep

We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us, Russell!

anthonyt642
February 26th, 2021
Verified purchase

Amazing! Whoever made this program is doing a wonderful thing. Resume writing is such an intimidating and confusing process that requires many different skills that people don't have for their infrequent job search. Thank you so much!

Yashira H. – MyPerfectResume Rep

Thank you for sharing, Anthony, it’s awesome to know how pleased you are with how everything turned out.

markv399
August 3rd, 2020
Verified purchase

I Love the Suggestions that Go along with the Inputs. It enhances the Brainstorming Process.

Also, the easy of use, the it Flows both Backwards and Forward making it easy to follow up with additional details.

The Spell Checker is very Helpful Feature.

Finally, I Love the Simplicity and how it Streamlines the Formatting.

I highly Recommend it to Others in their Job Searches.

Mark Vigen

paulk1049
September 9th, 2020
Verified purchase

Very easy to use. Great format and options for your resume desires. I enjoy this website the most. Makes things much more clear and helpful.

alext484
May 11th, 2020
Verified purchase

Overall is very user friendly for beginners. Would have liked more options to edit certain sections with more freedom.

Yashira H. – MyPerfectResume Rep

Your feedback is much appreciated, Alex!

jerrya210
November 24th, 2020
Verified purchase

Such an easy and quick interface. Very user friendly. Gladly purchased my 14 day all access. Now im ready for my work interview

Yashira H. – MyPerfectResume Rep

Thank you, Jerry, your feedback is always welcome!

margaretw639
December 30th, 2020
Verified purchase

Super easy, convenient, and organized! I had no clue where to start when creating my resume and this website made it completely painless!

Yashira H. – MyPerfectResume Rep

Thank you, Margaret, for sharing your satisfaction with us!

cynthiab1015
November 30th, 2020
Verified purchase

In my opinion this app is really helpful and easy because you going guide me carefully until finishing.

Thank you very much.

Yashira H. – MyPerfectResume Rep

Thank you, Cynthia for sharing your satisfaction with us!

ellan23
Verified purchase

Absolute gem of a website to help assist with Resume writing.
I just wish it was a free service

Yashira H. – MyPerfectResume Rep

We are always open to suggestions on ways we can improve and thank you for providing us with your feedback, Ella.

beccad13
April 27th, 2020
Verified purchase

Just a couple of small formatting issues that your help desk is working through with me. They have been super helpful

Yashira H. – MyPerfectResume Rep

We’re always open to suggestions on ways we can improve and thank you for providing us with your feedback, Becca.

carolh955
November 30th, 2020
Verified purchase

I haven't done a resume in 10 years, so I'm very out of practice. This made it SO EASY! Thank you!

Yashira H. – MyPerfectResume Rep

Thank you, for sharing your feedback and for giving us a great rating.

amyt718
February 3rd, 2021
Verified purchase

This is a great website! Easy to use, lots of options for design and super helpful in the editing process. It makes the tedious resume process, much less stressful.

Yashira H. – MyPerfectResume Rep

Thank you for sharing your feedback and rating us with five-stars!

UNAUTHORIZED PAYMENTS TAKEN. $24.95 a month, EVERY month. Check your credit card companys protection plan and report them. You may not be liable for unauthorized charges and services not rendered. Also report misleading and false promises such as them telling you the charges will stop. REPORT THEM TO YOUR STATE ATTORNEYS OFFICE! For newbies to the site... they will be so sweet and kind and tell you they will cancel. They will not. TAKE ACTION! The positive reviews are not from real customers.

By Cher M.
See more answers (13)

Is this a scam?

We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings. Most of clients use the service for months since this service allow clients to build as many resumes as they want with the ability to customize those accordingly to the specific job criteria that they are requesting. For example our builder give you hits in how to create a perfect resume for Marketing Jobs and give you specific keywords for that department as well as many other departments that you can choose for yourself and additional to that you can built the cover letter and even search jobs through our page. This is just an example of the many use of our services. We have a toll free number in the page that client can contact us for more information about how they can use the service to be successful when it comes to job searches.

See more answers (9)

You can cancel your subscription at any time by calling. Our toll free line is 1-888-816-0576 representatives are available Monday to Friday 9am-9pm EST; Saturday 9am to 6pm EST; Sunday 11am -7pm EST. You can also cancel by logging into your account and clicking on the Name link. Then click on My Settings then Subscription and you can choose to cancel your subscription. You can also cancel your subscription by emailing your subscription cancellation request to customerservice@livecareer.com. Once your subscription is canceled, you'll receive an email confirmation. Often auto emails can get picked up as spam or junk mail. Be sure to check your spam/junk mail folder. Additionally, you can click live help to chat with us online to request we cancel your subscription. You can also call us if we can be of any further assist to you.

See more answers (12)

Hi Susan, I will be more than glad to assist you. You may cancel your subscription using any of the following options: * By calling Customer Service 1-855-213-0348 from Monday - Friday 8 AM to 8 PM CST Saturday 8 AM to 5 PM CST Sunday 10 AM to 6PM CST * By clicking chat button on our website * From your account- go to settings>subscription>cancel (on the top right of your home page when you login) If you want to continue the process with me, I will need the email address used to create your account with us or the account ID.

See more answers (2)

Absolutely not! We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding our products and services. You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: E-mail us at: customerservice@myperfectresume.com Call us at: United States and Canada: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) United Kingdom: 0800. 189. 0676 Monday Sunday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (GMT) Australia: 800.758.379 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (AEST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (AEST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (AEST) New Zealand: 0800. 005. 199 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (NZST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (NZST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (NZST) From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

See more answers (4)

Thank you for getting in touch and we're sorry about the delayed response, Marc! You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: By e-mail: customerservice@myperfectresume.com Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume. By phone: Our Customer Support Team are standing by and ready to help you. Just pick the country-specific toll-free support number below and give us a call at: United States and Canada: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) United Kingdom: 0800. 189. 0676 Monday Sunday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (GMT) Australia: 800.758.379 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (AEST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (AEST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (AEST) New Zealand: 0800. 005. 199 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (NZST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (NZST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (NZST) By self-cancellation: From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

See more answers (3)

Cannot sign in but was charged?

By Ronald V.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I am a very organized person who worked for the state that I reside in as an investigator. I had an injury and had to make a change in my career. I am very careful about getting pulled into scams, however, I felt that this would be a good opportunity to build a resume and cover letter that was more updated than when my original resume that I wrote years ago. First of all, the templates are not free. After spending a long period of time writing the perfect resume, I only had the option of spending $2.99 to have access to the resume/cover letter. I felt that was a reasonable fee for the use of the template. As I stated, I am very organized and manage my finances very well. I made sure that I went into my account and cancelled by subscription after 5 days of use so that I would not be charged the $29.99 for the month. Today, I checked my checking account and sure enough the $29.99 had been deducted. I immediately called customer service and they stated that my cancellation had not gone through and they had no notification of my cancellation. They were willing to give me back only $14.00 of my $29.99 back and then went on trying to sell me more offers. I was extremely angry and then spoke with a supervisor. He also argued that I had not cancelled. I went through the same steps to cancel my account while the supervisor was on the phone with me. Low and behold the cancellation went through! Obviously, this company has set up the cancellation process to fail and you will be charged the $29.00 anyway. I definitely learned my lesson! I had to threaten to have my attorney to get involved due to this company stealing money from my account before they agreed to reimburse my full $29.00. They could not give me a refund confirmation number for the remaining reimbursement. I as a Social Worker who advocate for people could not conscientiously could not write a review to warn people of this scam.

By Cynthia F.

Thank you for the information and we're sorry about the delayed response, Vukica! You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: By e-mail: social@myperfectresume.com Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume. By phone: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) By self-cancellation: From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

See more answers (4)

Hello, Kim: On behalf of MyPerfectResume, we want to extend our sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you had with our Customer Service Agent. We understand your frustration at having not been properly directed and even greater frustration at having to feel pressured. Your concern was not handled properly, and we are going to take steps to ensure that this situation does not repeat itself. Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback, we're always happy to hear it! We're constantly looking to make our products and services better and listening to our customers is a big part of that. With that in mind, we've passed your comments along to our team so we can keep improving.

See more answers (4)

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the MyPerfectResume staff and other customers.

Your Resume, Made Easy!

My Perfect Resume takes the hassle out of resume writing. Choose from several templates and follow easy prompts to create the perfect job-ready resume effortlessly.

Business History

We believe a one size fits all resume doesn’t work, that’s why since 2013, we’ve been dedicated to helping jobseekers get hired faster with customized resumes and cover letters.

dougj2
Laura T.
Social Media Specialist
Typically responds within 4 days
We've got live, friendly people standing by ready to help you. Just find the country-specific phone number below and give us a call. If you aren't able to phone in, please use chat or email to contact us. Whether it's a question about building your resume, getting the most out of our services, or managing your account, we're here to help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyPerfectResume?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

4.5
Have a question about MyPerfectResume?