My Perfect Resume reviews

Tel: 855-213-0348
customerservice@myperfectresume.com

kerrym134
11/7/18

I've used a few resume services online but this one is by far the best. They provide you with all the tools you need to make a strong resume. Customer service was incredibly helpful. No complaints so far. Try the trial and you will be amazed at how easy it is to make your resume with this service.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Kerry:

gabrielv32
11/6/18

Martin was helpful and very knowledgeable, he helped me through the process very professionally. He should be promoted at the very least.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Gabriel:

Thank you for sharing your experience with Martin. We strive to provide an A+ Customer Service experience with a one-stop approach to any situation. Your feedback helps make our service even better.
phoebec19
11/5/18

At first I was upset about being charged $24 especially at my poorest moment in life. But the guy I spoke with on phone was very nice and helpful, and also had exceptional salesman skills. Idk how he convinced me to still purchase something for the month even with being broke. I'm glad I spoke with him. I also love this website, it was very helpful to me. Thank you.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Phoebe:

You're very welcome! Way to make our day, reviews like yours keep us going. Our Customer Service Agents are always here for you, so if there’s anything else we can assist you with, just get in touch.
valerier91
11/5/18

I used it and the Resume was excellent, Perfect Resume gave an option on several resume styles too. If need a Resume builder, I recommend Perfect Resume!

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Valerie:

Thank you for trusting us with your resume, we’re happy to hear that you’re pleased with your resume. We hope it makes all the difference in helping you get the job you desire.
ivyp20
11/5/18

I needed to make a payment to use my suspended account. When I called, I wanted to only pay the $2.95 offer for the 14 day trial. The Sales Rep informed me that he was going to speak to his manager and get me the 14 day trial at $2.95 and an indefinite 50% off discount on a subscription after the 14 days is up. So, if I decided to keep my subscription, my monthly payments would only be about $12 instead of the regular $35 monthly payment. And I could cancel at anytime. Overall great experience.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Ivy:

Thank you for sharing your experience! Our Customer Service Team is committed to providing excellent service and it’s great to hear we delivered our promise to you. If you need further help, let us know!
melf49
11/2/18

I really appreciate the customer service and the way Josiah handle my question! Great employee who excels by keeping the customer number 1!

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Mel F:

Thank you for sharing your experience with Josiah, we’ll be sure to pass along your positive feedback. If there’s anything else we can assist you with, don’t hesitate to ask!
mzdadav
10/29/18

I applaud this man, he definitely represents the job very well! Give him a raise!! He was not going to give up until a deal was made. Made my day alot better than it was going. Quite funny experience, more people need a salemans just as good as him! Great job indeed sir!!

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Mzdada:

nikim13
Niki M.
10/29/18

I was very satisfied with Gary's customer service! He was extremely helpful and understanding. Thank you!

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Niki:

You're very welcome and thank you for sharing your experience with Gary! Hearing from happy customers like you makes us feel great. If you need further help, get in touch any time!
chuckb101
10/29/18

I had intended on cancelling my subscription but after being presented with a discount offer to stay subscribed, I did just that. I was also helped by Gary Coleman and it is appreciated.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Chuck:

Thank you for taking the time to review us!
We’re proud to know that our experts were able to resolve your situation and that you were pleased with our service. If you need anything in the future, please get in touch at any time.
mariaf180
10/26/18

The person I spoke to it was really nice, good customer service, he was really helpful I appreciate the way he helped me today. Thank you so much Victor :)

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Maria:

Thank you for sharing your experience with Victor. We strive to provide an A+ Customer Service experience with a one-stop approach to any situation. Your feedback helps make our service even better.
patriciaf196
10/22/18

IT IS REALLY HARD TO FIND GREAT CUSTOMER SEVICE NOW DAYS. DAVID WAS REALLY GREAT. HE TOOK HIS TIME AND WAS VERY PATIENT. HE HELPED ME CORRECT AND MODIFY MY RESUME. HE MADE SURE I UNDERSTOOD AND SHOWED ME HOW I CAN MAKE CHANGES TO IT. VERY SATISFIED. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. THANK YOU, DAVID

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Patricia:

Reviews like this really make our day.
We’re thrilled to hear that David was able to assist you with your request and provide you with excellent service. We’ll be sure to let him know your comments.
josephb401
10/20/18

Everyone, please review the exchange below, it speaks volumes about this unscrupulous, condescending company. Here you have a rep - Laura T - for this criminal enterprise admitting their culpability, but defending not refunding me by saying that I approached the bank and initiated a dispute before reaching out to them. Ergo, by some unfathomable logic, they don't have to refund the money they admittedly defrauded me out of(?!?!).

Btw, the reason I reached out to the bank first is because I received a FRAUD ALERT from the credit card company, which I immediately responded to. You see, without my knowledge (yes, I should keep a sharper eye on my credit charges....) these creeps were charging me $24.95 a month for EIGHTEEN MONTHS!!!! So the very first thing I did was exactly what you would do: call the bank to a) put a stop to the charges, b) find out WHO was doing the charging (I didn't even recognize the charge from 1.5 years before), and then c) reach out to My Perfect Resume.

And that's when the eternal merry-go-round with these swine began. But first, check this out, it's classic (my response to their rep Laura T's initial comment on my first review is on bottom, her response to that immediately below this):

Laura T.
Oct 30, 18 12:26PM
Subject: Re: My review of MyPerfectResume
Block user | Report as spam
Thank you for the message, Joseph!

Upon further account evaluation, we are unable to offer you any refunds at this time. Our decision is based on the fact that as a customer, you choose to contact your financial institution before contacting us to provide the refunds to your account. Since these charges were disputed, you will need to contact your bank so they can provide you with the proper resolution. Once your bank intervenes, it is no longer up to us, because the charges were disputed. Our #1 goal is to make sure you're satisfied with our service. If we've fallen short on that for you, we sincerely apologize.

If there's anything else we can do, don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

Joseph B. wrote: -------------------------
The fact that you conveniently leave out my cancellation instructions dated May 23, 2017 just speaks volumes about your duplicity, and how stupid you think people are.

Here's the time stamped text of the email (which you know about, of course, as I have your confirmation of receipt as well):

From:
Sent: May 23, 2017 8:28 PM
To: customerservice@myperfectresume.com
Subject: Subscription cancellation

Good evening,

Please cancel my subscription effective immediately.

Please confirm.

Joseph B

Every single charge since then has been fraudulent, and I will continue to spread the word whenever and wherever possible. As well, I continue to pursue every possible legal remedy available. The wheels of justice may turn slowly, but believe me, they're turning...

People, if any of you have had similar experiences with this evil company, please contact me at myperfectscam@gmail.com. There are many, many people out there who have been similarly defrauded (that's what their website is designed to do), and we are putting together a class-action suit. Please join and be part of our efforts to put this unscrupulous business where it belongs: out of business!

Thanks,

Joseph

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Joseph Berkowitz:

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear that you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news. However, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding our products and services.

We are in fact free. For the benefit of our users, we offer a free account that gives you the chance to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase, you may download a plain text version of your resume for free.

We also, provide the option of a 14-day trial for a small fee, which is the one that you've chosen, this account gives you the ability to print, e-mail or download your resume and cover letters, but these features are NOT listed within the free account. When you signed up for our product on May 08, 2017, you agreed to our 'Terms and Conditions' as well as our 'Privacy Terms'. Once you selected our 14-day trial, you automatically enrolled in our monthly subscription service, which we let you know at this stage that you may cancel at any time. After that, we charged your credit card since your 14-day trial expired on May 23, 2017. Your account was automatically canceled on October 09, 2018. Please keep in mind that your last monthly subscription charge was billed on September 11, 2018. Therefore, you were billed correctly before the account was canceled.

Also, when we request your credit card information, we clearly explain that unless you self-cancel or request a cancellation before the 14-day trial expires you authorize us to charge your account every four weeks at the current rate of the subscription.

The auto-renewal information is listed in multiple areas such as:
-Sell page
-Payment information page
-Processing payment page
-Order confirmation page
-Payment confirmation e-mail

For more information regarding our 'Terms and Conditions' please visit the link provided below:

We hope that this information helps clear things up. If you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as we'll be very happy to assist you personally with anything you need.
kaylat40
10/20/18

I realized there was a charge on my account after the trial, so I called the customer service line and asked to be removed from the service. I was sent an email confirming that I was removed about 4 seconds later. The next month, I was charged again an amount of $24.95. I immediately contacted the company and told them I wanted a refund because I should not have been charged as I cancelled my subscription the previous month. They said okay, and once again I got an email confirming the cancellation of my subscription as well as another email saying I was refunded the full amount. This was on October 6,2018. A week later, I contacted the company again because the refund was never issued, and their response was they they had in fact issued a refund and it was my bank that had held the refund. So I immediately contacted my bank and explained the situation, and they told me there was never a refund issued and the initial charge was still pending. Thankfully my bank cancelled the charge and then proceeded to block the company from my bank account. I seriously hope no one else has to go through the trouble I did with My Perfect Resume. They're a horrible company and got entirely too much money out of me. The actual service was very helpful, but the fact that they tried to steal money from me is just unacceptable.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Mikayla:

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear that you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news. However, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding our products and services.

On October 06, 2018 you requested a cancellation as well as a refund of $24.95. We immediate reviewed your request and as a onetime courtesy, we issued the maximum number of refunds for this account. We always advise our customers that for further information regarding the posting and crediting of your account, please check with your banking institution after 3 to 5 business days since we have no control over banking policies regarding time frames for any refund transactions. Rest assured that the refund was, in fact, processed and the account has been canceled as requested.

We hope that this information helps clear things up. If you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as we'll be very happy to assist you personally with anything you need at social@myperfectresume.com. Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume.
kristinb100
10/19/18

I created my resume easily and really appreciated the tips they offered with each category and the pre-made bullet points available for each industry. It made writing the content so much easier. There were so many templates available that I was able to customize the aesthetics of my resume for each company I applied to. Yes, it's a little misleading that it's free to build a resume because if you want to download or print it, you have to pay a fee, but it's nominal ($3) and you could technically copy your content into word or pages. It was worth it to me to spend the $3. I then forgot to cancel my subscription on time and was charged the monthly rate of $24.95. I called the same day I was charged to see if I could cancel and the associate I spoke with, Josiah Mcwatters, was so helpful and knowledgeable. He went into some detail about the features of the site that I hadn't utilized and explained they were there to help you get a job from start to finish, including interview prep and salary schedules. I'm only applying for seasonal work to supplement my current job in marketing, so I didn't proceed with the monthly plan, but if I ever need to look for another job in my field, I'll sign up with this company. Josiah did explain that they help with part time jobs and variety of situations (i.e. they help disabled people who need to work from home find employment) I just didn't think I'd utilize all their benefits at this time.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Kristin:

Thank you for trusting us with your resume, we’re happy to hear that is was as easy as 1, 2, 3! It’s great to hear that you’re pleased with your resume. We hope it makes all the difference in helping you get the job you desire. Our Customer Service Team is committed to providing excellent service and it’s great to hear we delivered our promise to you. If you need further help, let us know!
jacquieo2
10/19/18

My rep went above and beyond the call of duty! Not only did she resolve an email mix up she refunded 3 months of charges for services unused...

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Jacquie:

fernandoe19
10/18/18

It has been a while since I have received good customer service. The guy was very patient and understood just what I was asking. My issues were not only resolved but I feel like I got a good deal.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Fernando:

Thank you for taking the time to review us!
cynthiag142
10/17/18

This resume site works well and is very easy to use. It looks professional and is easy to email to prospective employers. Recommend! The lady I spoke to when I cancelled was extremely helpful and a great suggestive seller.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Cynthia:

kaneshiap
10/12/18

I love My Perfect Resume! I was able to chose from so many beautiful yet different resume styles. It was easy to use and it also helped with cover letters. Thank you My Perfect Resume, your site title says it all!

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Kaneshia:

brandonc139
10/12/18

Amazing and so fast and easy to make a resume amazing resume website I have seen, would recommend to anyone who needs to make a resume.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Brandon:

jeanner6
10/11/18

IT GUIDES YOU ON HOW TO DO THE PERFECT RESUME. IT PRETTY MUCH TELLS YOU STEP BY STEP WHAT TO DO TO PUT IT ALL TOGETHER. BUT THIS NOT FREE AND YOU WILL BE BAITED INTO PAYING A MONTHLY FEE. BEFORE YOUR 14 DAY TRAIL, YOU WILL NEED TO CANCEL THE ACCOUNT.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Jeanne:

Thank you for trusting us with your resume, we’re happy to hear that is was very user-friendly. For the benefit of our users, we offer a free account that gives you the chance to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase, you may download a plain text version of your resume for free. We also, provide the option of a 14-day trial for a small fee, which gives you the ability to print, e-mail or download your resume and cover letters, but these features are NOT listed within the free account.
keithr134
10/7/18

I loved talking with Victoria. She was very helpful she helped me resolve the issue about closing out my account without closing out my account with a fair price per month.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Keith:

Thank you for sharing your experience with Victoria. We strive to provide an A+ Customer Service experience with a one-stop approach to any situation. Your feedback helps make our service even better.
ciaranm12
10/2/18

Federico was very helpful and pleasant to deal with. He did his best to upsell but didn't force anything on me which was great. Top marks

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Ciaran:

Thank you for sharing your experience with Federico, we’ll be sure to pass along your positive feedback. If there’s anything else we can assist you with, don’t hesitate to ask!
dianec229
10/2/18

I was able to hold my spot in line waiting for the next available team member without having to stay on the phone for so long. I can trust them to call me back soon.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Diane:

That’s what we like to hear, we’re always here to help whenever you need us!
lindseyk16
9/27/18

This website was super easy to use and the resume looked like it was done by a professional! I have no experience with these and I made it with easy and it looked great!

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Lindsey:

robertm1247
9/26/18

I was very please in the knowledge and help I received from Robert #855 As we spoke he was determined to help me correct this issue. Normally they just want to get off the phone, but not Robert. He was understanding and willing to listen to me and guild me through the process without any hesitation. Thanks again. Dr.Measmer

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Robert:

We’re thrilled to hear that Robert was able to assist you with your request and provide you with excellent service. We’ll be sure to let him know your positive comments.

UNAUTHORIZED PAYMENTS TAKEN. $24.95 a month, EVERY month. Check your credit card companys protection plan and report them. You may not be liable for unauthorized charges and services not rendered. Also report misleading and false promises such as them telling you the charges will stop. REPORT THEM TO YOUR STATE ATTORNEYS OFFICE! For newbies to the site... they will be so sweet and kind and tell you they will cancel. They will not. TAKE ACTION! The positive reviews are not from real customers.

By Cher M.

You can cancel your subscription at any time by calling. Our toll free line is 1-888-816-0576 representatives are available Monday to Friday 9am-9pm EST; Saturday 9am to 6pm EST; Sunday 11am -7pm EST. You can also cancel by logging into your account and clicking on the Name link. Then click on My Settings then Subscription and you can choose to cancel your subscription. You can also cancel your subscription by emailing your subscription cancellation request to customerservice@livecareer.com. Once your subscription is canceled, you'll receive an email confirmation. Often auto emails can get picked up as spam or junk mail. Be sure to check your spam/junk mail folder. Additionally, you can click live help to chat with us online to request we cancel your subscription. You can also call us if we can be of any further assist to you.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings. Most of clients use the service for months since this service allow clients to build as many resumes as they want with the ability to customize those accordingly to the specific job criteria that they are requesting. For example our builder give you hits in how to create a perfect resume for Marketing Jobs and give you specific keywords for that department as well as many other departments that you can choose for yourself and additional to that you can built the cover letter and even search jobs through our page. This is just an example of the many use of our services. We have a toll free number in the page that client can contact us for more information about how they can use the service to be successful when it comes to job searches.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Hi Susan, I will be more than glad to assist you. You may cancel your subscription using any of the following options: * By calling Customer Service 1-855-213-0348 from Monday - Friday 8 AM to 8 PM CST Saturday 8 AM to 5 PM CST Sunday 10 AM to 6PM CST * By clicking chat button on our website * From your account- go to settings>subscription>cancel (on the top right of your home page when you login) If you want to continue the process with me, I will need the email address used to create your account with us or the account ID.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Absolutely not! We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding our products and services. You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: E-mail us at: customerservice@myperfectresume.com Call us at: United States and Canada: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) United Kingdom: 0800.189.0676 Monday Sunday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (GMT) Australia: 800.758.379 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (AEST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (AEST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (AEST) New Zealand: 0800.005.199 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (NZST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (NZST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (NZST) From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Thank you for getting in touch and we're sorry about the delayed response, Marc! You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: By e-mail: customerservice@myperfectresume.com Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume. By phone: Our Customer Support Team are standing by and ready to help you. Just pick the country-specific toll-free support number below and give us a call at: United States and Canada: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) United Kingdom: 0800.189.0676 Monday Sunday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (GMT) Australia: 800.758.379 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (AEST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (AEST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (AEST) New Zealand: 0800.005.199 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (NZST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (NZST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (NZST) By self-cancellation: From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Cannot sign in but was charged?

By Ronald V.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!! I am a very organized person who worked for the state that I reside in as an investigator. I had an injury and had to make a change in my career. I am very careful about getting pulled into scams, however, I felt that this would be a good opportunity to build a resume and cover letter that was more updated than when my original resume that I wrote years ago. First of all, the templates are not free. After spending a long period of time writing the perfect resume, I only had the option of spending $2.99 to have access to the resume/cover letter. I felt that was a reasonable fee for the use of the template. As I stated, I am very organized and manage my finances very well. I made sure that I went into my account and cancelled by subscription after 5 days of use so that I would not be charged the $29.99 for the month. Today, I checked my checking account and sure enough the $29.99 had been deducted. I immediately called customer service and they stated that my cancellation had not gone through and they had no notification of my cancellation. They were willing to give me back only $14.00 of my $29.99 back and then went on trying to sell me more offers. I was extremely angry and then spoke with a supervisor. He also argued that I had not cancelled. I went through the same steps to cancel my account while the supervisor was on the phone with me. Low and behold the cancellation went through!!! Obviously, this company has set up the cancellation process to fail and you will be charged the $29.00 anyway. I definitely learned my lesson!!! I had to threaten to have my attorney to get involved due to this company stealing money from my account before they agreed to reimburse my full $29.00. They could not give me a refund confirmation number for the remaining reimbursement. I as a Social Worker who advocate for people could not conscientiously could not write a review to warn people of this scam.

By Cynthia F.

Thank you for the information and we're sorry about the delayed response, Vukica! You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: By e-mail: social@myperfectresume.com Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume. By phone: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) By self-cancellation: From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear that you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news, Hinduja! You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: By e-mail: social@myperfectresume.com Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume. By phone: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) By self-cancellation: From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Questions? Get answers from the My Perfect Resume staff and other customers.

My Perfect Resume?