Review of Glassdoor

Tel: 2858789056
info@glassdoor.com

bk136
9/12/19

I created a new email address and used it at Glassdoor, nowhere else. Several weeks later my inbox was littered with spam from a site called 7 cups. They're either selling your info or don't care about securing data.

jm775
9/7/19

I have flagged a review for a company as the review is in multiple violations of Glassdoor's own Community Guidelines and Terms of Use. Multiple times and by multiple people involved with the company we have pointed out that the same person posted multiple reviews, that the same person posted the reviews under the wrong company name and that the same person is in violation of a confidentiality agreement / non disparagement agreement. All of these items violate Glassdoor's rules and they just write back saying a manager has review our complaint and the review is acceptable. A small company is going to have hire a law firm to get an injunction against an entry level a former employee who worked for the company six days and file an action against both Glassdoor and the former entry level employee who worked for the company six days. What a waste of time and money. It really hits home that anyone can say anything about anyone, and Glassdoor is just the vehicle to permit this type of disgruntled speech. Glassdoor does do investigations, contrary to what they say on their website and they say they don't sides in factual disputes -- they do and they just keep sending out the same recycled responses to flagged complaints rather than do what they say they are going to do on their website. Very disappointed - it sounds like a good website in concept - it seems like they just want saucy stories to drive up their traffic volume.

timothyl135
9/6/19

reviews constantly removed for no legitimate reason other than an obviously generic response. Nothing in my review contravened the stated guidelines and as such it is clear Glassdoor have some kind of agenda, what this is I do not know

"Thank you for your inquiry. As we express in our Community Guidelines, if we suspect that a review is bogus in any way, we will reject it. In our pursuit of authenticity, we do not allow individuals to manipulate the conversation in an effort to make their own voice more heavily weighted. Each individual should submit only one review, per employer, per year, per review type (e.g. company review, interview review, salary review, benefit review, etc.) Your content should be related to jobs you have held (or interviews you have had) within the last five years so it's relevant to today's job seeker.

Regards,
Taylor Sage
Glassdoor Content & Community Team"

prashantk18
8/27/19

TFG VACATION INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED good company I am working 3 years old and i am student i have paid 5850 and i got salery monthly 22500 i am very happy thanks for tfg you changed my life currently I am doing work this company and company sponsor also Full support me thanks guys

genes121
8/1/19

This company only posts positive reviews, even if they know these are fake reviews(ex:non-existent company location, non-existent positions). I posted an honest review about my experiences with my previous employer. A few other employees did the same. Everything was written in a professional manner. The next thing, all those reviews got deleted. Instead, the employer hired some unknown individuals to write fake positive reviews about the company.Not onlye these reviews were fake, they included fake location and fake job titles that never existed in the company. I notified Glassdoor about fake reviews. They answered that those fake reviews are fine, since they don't violate Glassoor's community guidelines. Glassdoor deleted all honest reviews and kept all fake reviews.

johnw1748
7/30/19

This company has the best software for showing and pricing solar systems I have ever seem. They are nice people to work for.

cassig
7/20/19

Like others, I have had all of my reviews removed from Glassdoor with no explanation. All of them were real, all could be verified with documentation. When I've written to Glassdoor to explain this, I get canned answers back from what appears to be a fake person, and my posts won't get reinstated. I truly believe that they are paid off by the companies being written about. As a corporate recruiter, I now tell candidates not to trust their reviews.

yamenk
7/18/19

I used to post what I consider the truth without shaming anyone by name. Now, the site keeps forcing ridiculous policy decisions on the reviewers like you can't even mention titles of the persons who interviewed you i.e. (PM, DM , DC...etc).

Noticed this recently every time they update their rubbish policy. Obviously, the company CEO is afraid of his own people in the first place posting bad reviews about them.

lorettej
7/4/19

They don't allow you to post the truth. They want you to edit what you've written.Then they bombard you with emails that include companies that never hire you. What a waste of time,

freds288
7/3/19

This site isn't legit for the people trying to be honest. They pretty much only accept positive reviews and I kn ow for a FACT, that Glassdoor removes negative reviews of companies that pay them. FACT.

jeane60
6/19/19

Buildingresourcegroup in Cedar Rapids is using another company's profile and ratings. I flagged buildingresouregroup and I didn't get a response from Glassdoor and BRG is still using another company's profile and ratings.

professionale2
6/13/19

I have written reviews regarding a company that I had worked at prior and Glaassdoir keeps deleting all the real honest truthful comments including my reviews submitted and were approved by Glassdoor.... and I agree with the majority of comments from viewers including myself: Glassdoor makes every company appear as though it's the best place to work even though We all know there any many horrible awful companies that have revolving doors because they mistreat a majority of employees no matter.

kennethp120
6/9/19

They attach themselves to your info via 'sign in' and then deny acct. deletion due to 'site problems at this time' probably phishing passwords and email info for building databases to sell to marketing firms.

Tip for consumers: I can't speak to their job hunting efficacy, but I can say, as an IT expert, the fact that they retain leeched contact info and email lists speaks to a secondary and far more lucrative sideline: Data. Google's main source of income. Beware. Spam awaits you and all your contacts.

shawnaj92
5/18/19

Glassdoor suddenly removed ALL of my reviews and interview reviews (even positive ones) that had been up on the website and approved (some for a few years) all on the same day. I tried reposting some of them and again, they were ALL approved and then removed. Some shady business is going on and I don't like it.

glyndorac
5/10/19

I am a licensed professional counselor and owner of a business that provides mental and behavioral health. I saw the "free" advertisement and agreed to this; did list important criteria for the counselor, and wanted applicants screened so as to meet the criteria. No applicants met all of the criteria. This wasted my time. Further, when I cancelled-I received a charge of $199.00 for the "free" month and an additional $199.00 for the following month of which I only used 3 days of. I attempted to charge back the unfair charges for the unsatisfactory services rendered of which I was not able to hire any of their applicants with no success due to misleading verbiage. NOT HAPPY.

ashutosht4
5/8/19

Why do they remove well written negative reviews and stab the thought and right to express.
I can confirm that Glassdoor does remain biased towards firms that look to maintain a clean image. I personally wrote three reviews of a firm that's business practices has lead to employees leaving the firm. I wrote my reviews that were well within the polices of Glassdoor and the three times I wrote my reviews they were removed. I sent a email to Glassdoor asking why my review were removed, with no response. Our complaints about Glassdoor won't be listened to by Glassdooor so the only alternative is for another business review company that is unbiased towards the the reviews placed online.

randyt92
4/12/19

I had to make an account with Glassdoor to apply for a part time job no way around it. Glassdoor sold my phone number now I get 20 robot calls a day.
Thanks Glassdoor you Suck!

masamunec
3/25/19

Like a barter system--you want something, you must give something. You cannot read any employer review unless you create an account. Immediately, it asks you to rate your own company and rate an interview. I guess that's how they build up data so quickly.

kathleenw178
2/17/19

Over the last 6 months, many colleagues and myself have written reviews of a biotechnology company that we work for in Rockville, Maryland. At least 6 of these reviews were posted and then removed after the company CEO contacted Glassdoor and threatened legal action (we know this because the CEO announced it in a company-wide meeting). Since that time, at least another 6, highly negative, but carefully written so as be honest and free from any perception of libel. Not one was approved and posted. Meanwhile two "highly favorable" reviews appeared with ratings that took the company's overall approval rating from 1.6 to 2.0. TOTALLY DISGUSTED WITH GLASSDOOR.

timothys252
2/9/19

I posted an honest review for a former company and it was not approved. I was fair and honest, Glassdoor just doesn't care. I'm sure they get some sort of kick back by not posting. Not a trustworthy site.

tji2
1/25/19

This is most definitely the place for employees that are terminated or leave on bad terms to write fake reviews especially when they aren't really verified. We let an employee go and immediately following, that same employee posts that people should stay away from our company and that we have many lawsuits against us and we have none lol. Glassdoor refuse to remove the comment stating that "it is within our guidelines and will remain". Any one can post something and it is awful! In the past, I used to look up companies on glassdoor to see their reviews but I will no longer use them as a trustworthy source to find out more about the company.

nancyd302
1/19/19

I've written a couple of well thought out reviews that are well within Glassdoor guidelines. I mean, I'm really careful even though I wish I could be more brutally honest. Yet they keep removing them. It's a useless site.

robc76
10/15/18

I took time following community guidelines to review a company I'd worked for and Glassdoor's response was to delete my review for no reason whatsoever, refuse to EVEN NOTIFY me let alone provide substantiation as to why. Then I get this lovely email that their terrible algorithms (I would know, I build these) identified me as a fraudulent review!!! Hilarious!

Thank you for following up. In regards to the recent reviews that have been removed from Glassdoor, we will reject reviews when we have sufficient reason to believe they were written by the same person.

Per our Community Guidelines, we only allow members to submit one review, per company worked at, per year. We have removed your reviews due to violation of this guideline.

We use proprietary technology filters & algorithms to detect attempted abuse and gaming. We do not discuss our methods to determine this, nor do we provide any additional information about reviews that have been submitted or rejected.

Kind regards,
Summer Adams
Glassdoor Content & Community Team

alw62
10/8/18

We have taken another look at the post you flagged and will not be removing it from the site. The management can also submit their own reviews for the company. They are also allowed to updated their reviews whenever they want as long as it still meets our

When you look for a honest review of a company it shouldn't have a review on top from a manager so that it helps the ratings? Glass door feels its ok for the company to have someone do a five star rating so they can show a bad company to look like a better place to work at?
Why would you look for a review that the company can add a review to give you a false feeling to work there. Look for your self
Check it out luke dorf inc on Glass Door first one is five star fake, all the rest say don't work there. Rating of 2.4 only because glass door thinks its fair?????

jamesc1017
10/5/18

Don't believe a thing you see on Glassdoor. Both from the employee and employer. Literally, anyone can leave a review on the site even if they never worked there. Bad reviews can come from competitors, good reviews can come from anyone else. Read their policies, companies can lie through their teeth as well as reviewers. It's pure junk.

Data Mining... Pirates.

By Kenneth P.

That's the core of their business model... Otherwise the only demand they garner is from recruiters. This is why they have not gone public.

By Jerry D.

When a company gets negative reviews, glassdoor contacts them and uses the negative review as leverage to get the company to sign up for a subscription with glassdoor. They pretty much tell the company that if they take out a subscription the bad reviews will be removed

By Mike j.

Data collection and subsequent sales of... Your Contacts and Email addresses (Even addresses from received emails!)

By Kenneth P.

They are primarily a data collecting org. building and selling databases for online marketing and probably collecting fees for any placements generated too. Either way, they make money selling us...where's our cut?

By Kenneth P.

Questions? Get answers from the Glassdoor staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Glassdoor