Review of Glassdoor

Tel: 2858789056
info@glassdoor.com

kathleenw178
2/17/19

Over the last 6 months, many colleagues and myself have written reviews of a biotechnology company that we work for in Rockville, Maryland. At least 6 of these reviews were posted and then removed after the company CEO contacted Glassdoor and threatened legal action (we know this because the CEO announced it in a company-wide meeting). Since that time, at least another 6, highly negative, but carefully written so as be honest and free from any perception of libel. Not one was approved and posted. Meanwhile two "highly favorable" reviews appeared with ratings that took the company's overall approval rating from 1.6 to 2.0. TOTALLY DISGUSTED WITH GLASSDOOR.

timothys252
2/9/19

I posted an honest review for a former company and it was not approved. I was fair and honest, Glassdoor just doesn't care. I'm sure they get some sort of kick back by not posting. Not a trustworthy site.

tji2
1/25/19

This is most definitely the place for employees that are terminated or leave on bad terms to write fake reviews especially when they aren't really verified. We let an employee go and immediately following, that same employee posts that people should stay away from our company and that we have many lawsuits against us and we have none lol. Glassdoor refuse to remove the comment stating that "it is within our guidelines and will remain". Any one can post something and it is awful! In the past, I used to look up companies on glassdoor to see their reviews but I will no longer use them as a trustworthy source to find out more about the company.

nancyd302
1/19/19

I've written a couple of well thought out reviews that are well within Glassdoor guidelines. I mean, I'm really careful even though I wish I could be more brutally honest. Yet they keep removing them. It's a useless site.

robc76
10/15/18

I took time following community guidelines to review a company I'd worked for and Glassdoor's response was to delete my review for no reason whatsoever, refuse to EVEN NOTIFY me let alone provide substantiation as to why. Then I get this lovely email that their terrible algorithms (I would know, I build these) identified me as a fraudulent review!!! Hilarious!

Thank you for following up. In regards to the recent reviews that have been removed from Glassdoor, we will reject reviews when we have sufficient reason to believe they were written by the same person.

Per our Community Guidelines, we only allow members to submit one review, per company worked at, per year. We have removed your reviews due to violation of this guideline.

We use proprietary technology filters & algorithms to detect attempted abuse and gaming. We do not discuss our methods to determine this, nor do we provide any additional information about reviews that have been submitted or rejected.

Kind regards,
Summer Adams
Glassdoor Content & Community Team

alw62
10/8/18

We have taken another look at the post you flagged and will not be removing it from the site. The management can also submit their own reviews for the company. They are also allowed to updated their reviews whenever they want as long as it still meets our

When you look for a honest review of a company it shouldn't have a review on top from a manager so that it helps the ratings? Glass door feels its ok for the company to have someone do a five star rating so they can show a bad company to look like a better place to work at?
Why would you look for a review that the company can add a review to give you a false feeling to work there. Look for your self
Check it out luke dorf inc on Glass Door first one is five star fake, all the rest say don't work there. Rating of 2.4 only because glass door thinks its fair?????

jamesc1017
10/5/18

Don't believe a thing you see on Glassdoor. Both from the employee and employer. Literally, anyone can leave a review on the site even if they never worked there. Bad reviews can come from competitors, good reviews can come from anyone else. Read their policies, companies can lie through their teeth as well as reviewers. It's pure junk.

johnsonl21
10/3/18

I wrote one review in Glassdoor about one scam crypto company . And it funny Glassdoor didn't like it and never post my review . then I unsubscribed from there site and surely after that I received tones of junk email your info not safe

danieln127
9/24/18

Basically we had a group of bullies in our office that were made redundant for the good of the company and they have done nothing but write lies on Glassdoor. How can a platform have reliable reviews if they aren't verified? You could literally write anything on there and get away with it. They don't care that this hurts smaller businesses as 5 or 10 reviews will make a huge impact on your ratings. It's ok of you run a company with 500 people as the good would probably outweigh the few bad eggs.

Very frustrating but doesn't seem to be anything that you can do to resolve it if someone is out to defame your company.

amyr257
9/18/18

The website is a joke. If you go to an interview follow your instinct, if you have a bad feeling for the business stay away. What one person finds as a positive another will find as a negative. , I worked for what glassdoor said was a stable good company and in 3 months over 8 people had quit or just never shown up again. It was a horrible company, I should have followed my instinct not Glassdoor!

irenep51
9/9/18

Glassdoor have been having meetings with my boss on how to improve the bad company reviews on Glassdoor. Since these meetings suddenly the company is getting these glowing reviews which I know are not true!

carolyng115
9/9/18

The website is completely inaccurate.1. They don't even have the right CEO listed. They have someone who was a fill-in CEO for 5 mins. 2. The glowing reviews of my agency are completely wrong. People are leaving left and right and of course, I am job hunting (the very reason I'm on glassdoor in the first place).

inderjytt
9/4/18

Fell for the "free" advert routine.
Not only do you automatically get charged after the 7 days, no warning, no invoice, no confirmation- shows up on your banking statement. Guess the theory is the larger organisations will not notice.You can complain and be told clearly on the site....however I don't remember charges on the site.
Next month goes along and the same happens again- only this time it was cancelled so how do they explain this???
Looked up various reviews, this appears to be a practice they have adopted that works for them.

philipped18
9/3/18

After speaking with the glassdoor sales reps and declining use their employer services, glassdoor removed all of our companies positive reviews and left the bad ones only dropping our ratings severely.

Glassdoor is extremely unethical attempting to get us to pay to keep our positive reviews.

archier16
8/28/18

Recent unpleasant experience of Glassdoor in UK echoes what many other ONE STAR reviews have said here. Their policy seems to be to hide behind BS statements like "we are not the finders of fact" and admit that it is "often impossible" for them to know if a statement is true or not. Surely that means they know they are publishing lies.
My wife's company is being Trolled and certain senior managers being Cyber-bullied and Glassdoor defend this. Several posts are known to come from ex employees (out of date knowledge) (lack of awareness of new organisation structure) and contain pointed lies and insults. Providing a platform for behaviour that would be illegal face to face is highly questionable. Including character assassination in your business model is downright evil. There is a vast difference between criticising "the Management" and attacking a named individual. Glassdoor regularly lets that line get crossed- they seem to ignore the personal stress that causes. They may not bully themselves - but providing a platform and encouraging bullies is also bad. I think this company is morally bankrupt - avoid !!!

Tip for consumers: Spread the word and watch out for the Class Action

jais34
8/25/18

I and my other 2 friends worked for the same company. We all left different times within the same year and we wrote reviews for the company. Which has its pros and cons. I and my friend worked there for over 12+ years. I left on a good note so it wasn't that bad of a review. Just some things they need to improve on. After some time, I went to check on Glassdoor to see the ratings. Only to see ALL the reviews we wrote were deleted! Even though they were on there for months! So it BS when they say "Your trust is our top concern, so companies can't alter or remove reviews." They don't even tell you why it got removed. So I think my old employer has some control. So I don't trust Glassdoor now.

jillianb28
8/24/18

We posted a job on this site - paid $199 to post it. We received four applicants over the month - all of which were in different states and obviously didn't know what job they were applying for. We were charged an additional $199 (we didn't realize it was a monthly charge). I contacted them as soon as I saw the charge (within 3 days) and explained that we didn't find their service useful and didn't realize we were going to be charged. They said they would submit to manager to review for a refund and we would hear back within 24 hours - never heard back. 2 months later I asked them about the refund and they said it had been denied - no explanation. Don't post job ads here! Stick with Indeed or Craigslist - those are far better!

michaele306
8/18/18

I'm a hiring manager attempting to recruit top talent and I'm being repeatedly asked about a negative review on Glassdoor that is coming from a disgruntled worker in another division that literally didn't show up to work for a month before he was terminated for cause by management. In his claim he refers to the execs of our company as crooks and thieves with simply unbelievable claims that if true they would've been arrested years ago. Bottom line, Glassdoor does more harm than good for both the employer and any propspective employee. Un-verified employment, terminated for cause employee feedback, and non-constructive feedback are the staples of their business model.

michaell785
8/15/18

I was a regular user of Glassdoor and thought the site was somewhat useful. The trick being that I would just self filter the 1 star (you'll be sold into slavery if you work here) and 5 star (we have unicorns that fart rainbows) reviews. I even contributed off and on and most of my reviews were 3 and 4 stars over the prior 5 years or so.

That opinion has since changed.

I wrote a 2 star review about something that had happened at one organization. Suddenly my all reviews have been removed from their site. I wasn't told about their removal or why they were removed, I discovered it on my own. I sent an email asking if there was a problem.

The first response was a message that they reject bogus reviews. It followed up by saying users should only post content related to jobs they held. I replied and offered to provide proof that I had worked for or interviewed with every company I had commented on. The next claim was that they remove the reviews "when they have sufficient reason to believe they were written by the same person". My reply was what are you talking about, yes, I wrote them under my account. Of course they were written by the same person. lol. The most recent response was en email claiming I was impersonating another person or their email or misrepresenting current or former affiliation with an employer ( we're full circle! ). I have no idea what they are talking about. The discussion was happening using my primary email, the same email I used to register for their site years ago.

I can only guess that it was the recent 2 star review. I can't be sure because they would not provide a concise reason. It was just random clips of their terms of use and guidelines that seemed to accuse me of doing something nefarious. I do know that I no longer trust their review site and personally no longer utilize it.

The only condolences I have is reading about experiences from other people. It sounds like a few have had the same exact events happen to them too.

benp140
8/9/18

Glassdoor is NOT a legitimate source for researching a company to work for. We experienced first hand an ex employee who was fired for stealing, create 15+ false and malicious reviews about our company on our Glassdoor page. A page that we did not even create. They refuse to take down these reviews because they do not violate their "terms". When you do not verify employment, it is impossible to have an accurate employee review page due to the reasons we have experienced. Someone can get fired, quit, not get hired, etc and go leave an untrue review because they have no morality themselves. Glassdoor is the biggest scam of a company and review site there is

tommyh68
8/2/18

Glassdoor frequently censors reviews flagged as "hate speech" because an employer flags it as too negative. One company I know forces employees to post positive reviews from a company culture standpoint. This is NOT what Glassdoor should be about. Unfortunately it's all too common these days.

mariaf168
7/19/18

Job search via Glassdoor is virtually useless. Pretty stale reposts from elsewhere. Salary estimates are reasonably accurate. Culture comments and interview intelligence are sometimes useful but a lot is just upset employees venting...

monicas169
7/3/18

Love, love, love this site, I am able to check out average salaries for positions I am interested in before applying. I always check out this site before I apply I want to make sure Im picking companies that have the most competitive salaries and benefits to apply to.

hilarys27
6/18/18

Do not post your jobs on this site unless you want to be billed forever. It is very difficult to cancel your subscription. Glassdoor makes it nearly impossible to cancel and they are unwilling to refund your money.

inegomontoyau
6/18/18

Having a review of a big company in China rejected with no reason why, the email says it's because I'm breaking their policy by using names of people in the Company, but I wasn't. So I keep changing different aspects of the review to just get it approved, so far it seems nothing is working.

This feels fraudulent of a reviewing company, if I keep changing my review until something magically works for them, it sounds suspiciously like a sort of cohesion.

That's the core of their business model... Otherwise the only demand they garner is from recruiters. This is why they have not gone public.

By Jerry D.

When a company gets negative reviews, glassdoor contacts them and uses the negative review as leverage to get the company to sign up for a subscription with glassdoor. They pretty much tell the company that if they take out a subscription the bad reviews will be removed

By Mike j.

By William P.

Questions? Get answers from the Glassdoor staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Glassdoor