Glassdoor

Glassdoor has a consumer rating of 1.32 stars from 222 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Glassdoor also ranks 114th among Job Search sites. The most common issues with Glassdoor are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• Glassdoor allows bogus and fake reviews to be posted to their site about companies.
  • They "encourage" their employees to write positive reviews of the company...
How would you rate Glassdoor?

“At least of Value for the jobseeker”

Red W.
2/28/18

It has been helpful in several ways: primarily the reviews from employees working at various companies, although some have been written obviously by management to counter terribly negative reviews; also, the pay estimates, although they are only estimates and should not be used to base an answer to a query of what salary you are looking to receive; and some of the job offerings.

“Destroyer of Businesses”

AMALIA S.
5/18/20

Glassdoor states that they only allow 1 review a year per person. What a bunch of lies, I know for a fact someone who writes a bad review every couple of weeks, same person, disgruntled employee angry for being fired. Glassdoor will not do anything about it. They will if you pay them money to service your company.

reviews (132) company (132) community guidelines (11) companies (57) employees (67) business model (6) post reviews (4) community team (5) job offer (7) employer (54) email address (4) sales pitch (3)
amalias6
May 18th, 2020
sallys361
September 21st, 2020
I'm an extremely computer savvy person. Glassdoor is a ridiculous website. It must've been designed by a bunch of cretins on crack. Don't waste your time with this site. Go to Indeed.com, now that's a very good website. Hey Glassdoor.com, you guys should get rid of the G and the l, because Assdoor is a much more appropriate name for your site.
mathews22
June 11th, 2020
They state they can provide top quality applicants. They state they are more efficient at what they do and provide employers with better qualified applicants. These are all lies. I get 50 applicants a month using much more transparent methods with half the investment. For double my normal investment per month, Glassdoor provided me with 0 applicants in my area, and then tried to play their competency by saying that people who applied 1000 miles away were qualified applicants. Not the case. It's sad, don't do it. Their customer service sucks and they won't refund a penny. Best wishes to you all!
redw12
February 28th, 2018
br240
May 19th, 2020
Charlee Colwell is the manager of Glassdoor's Content and Community Team. Charlee has been rude and difficult to work with.

I spent a year at a low-level startup company that treated their employees poorly. When I switched jobs I went to add a review on Glassdoor. I left a very fair and polite review, but Glassdoor took it down and has refused to give me a straightforward reason why. I reached out via email to figure out the problem and was forwarded to Charlee, who could not care less. Charlee is now ignoring my emails and refusing to put my review back up. Once again, my review was extremely polite and in my opinion, too fair to the company.

Glassdoor can't be counted on or trusted with reviews if they are being biased on their selection of what is being posted.
masamunec
March 25th, 2019
Like a barter system--you want something, you must give something. You cannot read any employer review unless you create an account. Immediately, it asks you to rate your own company and rate an interview. I guess that's how they build up data so quickly.
jeremyv11
March 19th, 2018
Really, both of these sites use the same business model in that they work on your site's reputation and credibility. But glassdoor frames itself as a recruitment and hiring platform and has better interface overall, that's why it ranks higher on most SEO pages for businsses over sitejabber.
markr1153
March 31st, 2020
Glassdoor does not reply to employer flagged reviews. I flagged, emailed and called. I only got action when I received an email thanking me for a call and they were glad we spoke and they could help--the call never happened and no one was spoken with! When I finally got a live person after over 5 weeks of trying it was the wrong department I was sent to --and they conveyed the issue to someone who denied the request without even looking at the defamatory comments and just spouting their guidelines policy. We may have to now take legal action. Thankfully no one has read the review in over 30 days. Other review sites much more helpful and willing to listen to employer complaints. Mind you we are not perfect and we will certainly accept truthful negative reviews from ex-employees, current employees or customers. The key is telling the truth. We do respond to positive and negative reviews to the extent we can but false statements should invalidate the review and be taken down.
debrag301
April 19th, 2020
Glassdoor is a terrible website. The website is very slow, incorrect information is posted all of the time in regards to job employment. It is an obsolete website and not worth your time.
cherm8
April 13th, 2018
Usually in the ballpark of what to expect salary wise. When looking for a job, salary info may help you decide if you want to apply
nicholask10
May 6th, 2015
I used their data to link together my study on human behavior and the effect of economics. The comments really helped me to form a greater picture on Job Satisfaction and Economics. Glassdoor really helps employees to shout out some great suggestions!
mrr353
September 15th, 2020
At once, dare i say, glassdoor was a legitimate company reviewing website. I had, (with emphasis on HAD) an account on their going back many, many, many years giving open and completely honest reviews of companies, especially when it came to interviews. My review were in depth with many "help" tagged.
So i login yesterday to yet again, review another company jerking candidates around to find that ALL OF MY REVIEWS HAVE BEEN DELETED.

There is absolutely no EXPLANATION AS TO WHY.

All i can say is; GLASSDOOR IS ACCEPTING MONIES TO REMOVE NEGATIVE REVIEWS.

This company should be should down and investigated. And its a damn shame too, as once, they were actually providing a positive service.
shawnr45
January 7th, 2018
This website should not be Legal. They REMOVED the positive reviews (and of course kept the few negative reviews) from our company after we refused their blackmail (selling us the way we profile our company). We are a small tech company that used family money to start a business and being blackmailed by glassdoor is unfair, unethical and vomiting. How can any HONEST human work for a criminal company like this!
mickj25
October 5th, 2019
I have faced a similar situation and not once but several times I see my reviews up and then they vanish all of a sudden.

When I login to my account to see if I could edit the review it shows that it's removed with no option to edit. These were all legitimate reviews. Appears the company gets big MOOLAH from corporates to clean up their Mess. Glassdoor definitely doesn't live upto it's commitment or expectation as is a Scam.
rajeshk94
December 30th, 2019
Glassdoor publishes reviews of so called employees without any proof.
How any site can publish review about any company without understanding both sides?
This is just a fake and cheap $#*!,
annd51
December 3rd, 2015
Wow I wonder how long these guys are going to stay in business?!?! No fact checking - Allowing any disgruntled employee, vendor, boyfriend/ girlfriend, neighbour etc... basically anyone can write anything, no matter how slanderous and false, thus rendering the site useless. Negative reviews are one thing and expected from people who are fired. But making personal attacks and very serious false accusations? I don't even know if it's legal to publicly post such slanderous things! Yikes!
jimp368
November 19th, 2019
The reviews on this site are mostly disgruntled employees who are often fired for good reasons and fake reviews posted by companies trying to boost their rating. Glassdoor makes it difficult enough to post a review that the only people who will do so are highly motivated -- either because they were incentivized by their company to post a good review or because they want to retaliate against their company for firing them. A normal person wouldn't have the time to jump through the hoops.

They offer paid services to combat company's negative reviews. It's basically an extortion racket.
yamenk
July 18th, 2019
I used to post what I consider the truth without shaming anyone by name. Now, the site keeps forcing ridiculous policy decisions on the reviewers like you can't even mention titles of the persons who interviewed you i. E. (PM, DM, DC... etc).

Noticed this recently every time they update their rubbish policy. Obviously, the company CEO is afraid of his own people in the first place posting bad reviews about them.
anner172
October 29th, 2019
Do a job search like I did. The results displays a number at the top showing how many jobs are listed. The search number displays 1898 new jobs listed within 24 hrs. I went through and counted each one individually and there are only 102 jobs in the listing. Your app can't count?
Plus most of these jobs are posted again every day. They are not new. And most of them are not categorized correctly. Probably only a few new jobs if that.
Just like the other job app sites. They are in it to fool you and make money. There are hardly any real jobs out there. Don't feel bad about not being contacted.
cassig
July 20th, 2019
Like others, I have had all of my reviews removed from Glassdoor with no explanation. All of them were real, all could be verified with documentation. When I've written to Glassdoor to explain this, I get canned answers back from what appears to be a fake person, and my posts won't get reinstated. I truly believe that they are paid off by the companies being written about. As a corporate recruiter, I now tell candidates not to trust their reviews.
professionale2
June 13th, 2019
I have written reviews regarding a company that I had worked at prior and Glaassdoir keeps deleting all the real honest truthful comments including my reviews submitted and were approved by Glassdoor... and I agree with the majority of comments from viewers including myself: Glassdoor makes every company appear as though it's the best place to work even though We all know there any many horrible awful companies that have revolving doors because they mistreat a majority of employees no matter.
isajob
June 17th, 2016
Surprisingly useful. I have many years of work experience, and am new to this state. Glassdoor replaces what I would have found out from my network in my home town. Company's rating, interviews, salary, all the critically important stuff. I would not think of accepting a job offer without checking out Glassdoor. Of course, one must "read through the lines", since there will be some disgruntled employees, and some "glowing write-ups" not inline with most people's assessment. But overall, it very good.

Tip for consumers: If a company has few reviews, take the info with a grain of salt, specially those reviews with 5 stars or one star. Otherwise, it's quite good.

bk136
September 12th, 2019
I created a new email address and used it at Glassdoor, nowhere else. Several weeks later my inbox was littered with spam from a site called 7 cups. They're either selling your info or don't care about securing data.
nicolew145
January 17th, 2018
We have found the same issue as all of these other reviewers. This company just allow anyone to post reviews, no validation. As a business with a hard working team, we are subject to commercial law and behave accordingly - yet websites likes this allow anyone to make up reviews and then try and get you to pay money to them to resolve! This should not and cannot be legal.
mariaf168
July 19th, 2018
Job search via Glassdoor is virtually useless. Pretty stale reposts from elsewhere. Salary estimates are reasonably accurate. Culture comments and interview intelligence are sometimes useful but a lot is just upset employees venting...

Data Mining...Pirates.

See more answers (2)

That's the core of their business model... Otherwise the only demand they garner is from recruiters. This is why they have not gone public.

By Jerry D.
See more answers (2)

When a company gets negative reviews, glassdoor contacts them and uses the negative review as leverage to get the company to sign up for a subscription with glassdoor. They pretty much tell the company that if they take out a subscription the bad reviews will be removed

By Mike j.

Data collection and subsequent sales of... Your Contacts and Email addresses (Even addresses from received emails!)

By Kenneth P.

They are primarily a data collecting org. Building and selling databases for online marketing and probably collecting fees for any placements generated too. Either way, they make money selling us... where's our cut?

By Kenneth P.

Glassdoor is free for job searchers but is a paid service for companies.

By Sam B.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Glassdoor staff and other customers.

Search millions of jobs and get the inside scoop on companies with employee reviews, personalized salary tools, and more. Hiring? Post a job for free.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Glassdoor?

Have a question about Glassdoor?