Find My Profession reviews

Tel: 8318880967
help@findmyprofession.com

dawns295
5/7/19

I paid $1295 for a package to include a resume, cover letter and linkedin profile update. They guaranteed a resume draft in 7 days. The first resume draft I received was at the 7 day limit (came late on a Friday night no less) and the quality presented me as a college grad, not a seasoned executive - * was the writer. I am an established exec and sent them examples of cover letters, resumes, and my LinkedIn Profile content, which I have maintained over the course of my career - * had plenty to work with, yet she somehow managed to diminish it all. I was re-assigned a resume writer, *, when I requested a refund. I received a barely edited version of my existing resume...after 2+ weeks...clock still ticking. I had to follow-up with * to remind her that she needed to complete a cover letter (yet another week until delivered..."I usually only work on resumes" was her excuse) and yet another week with my prompting until * delivered a linked in profile that was no more than the exact restatement of the poor quality resume they produced. It took well over 30 days - a full month...so much for 7 days - to receive all of the deliverables...none of which are usable. Absolutely horrible experience. What a scam. $1295 down the drain - a complete waste, and the 3 jobs I had hoped to apply for using a professional tune-up were lost - postings pulled, not surprising after 30 days have passed. Look elsewhere, or dig into your updates yourself - you'll be better off.

*Personal information redacted by admin

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
There is quite a bit about this review that is inaccurate.

However, rather than attempting to disagree with Dawn, we decided to accept full responsibility by contacting Dawn multiple times via email seeing if there was anything we can do to fix it, including a full refund.

Dawn has refused to speak with us or accept any forms of amends.

At Find My Profession, we adhere to the highest quality standards and ensure that all our clients have a 5-star experience.

While not everybody is required to accept our attempts to make things right, we will always offer it if our service falls anything short of 5-stars.
Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
While a lot of the information provided in this review is completely false, we know that it will be impossible to prove otherwise in this response which does not allow for attachments.

We have contacted Dawn a handful of times offering a full refund, a resume rewrite, and anything else she'd like. She has refused to respond or contact any member of our staff.

Our commitment to excellence cannot guarantee that everyone will be happy or rational. But we can commit to doing whatever it takes to make you happy.

We hope that our continued focus to excellence and more than 150 5-star reviews can shine bright and cast a shadow on this negative review.
saraht267
3/26/19

I've really paused about writing this review as I am sure * will know who I am. However, my experience with this company is far and away not what everyone else has experienced. I put in the work, filled out the questionnaire, gave them examples of what kind of job I'm interested in etc. Talked to the "resume writer" about my resume and he spent 5 minutes talking to me and that was that. A week later I get a phone call from * saying he wasn't happy with he draft and wants to work on it directly with me. Apparently his resume writer he was using was over burdened and didn't do a good job. So * said he would fix it himself.

So I work with him in two sessions and it was obvious he had no idea about my industry or how to word anything to showcase my skills/abilities. He's asking me to give him the language when I am assuming that is what he is providing the expertise in..I'm giving him the examples and he turns it into resume magic. Needless to say this resume has gone no where. I'm back to having to find another writer who won't rip me off and spend more than twenty minutes wanting to make things right.

The kicker was he didn't even offer to give me any of my money back even though he ADMITTED that this issue was his own doing. So my advice is..be careful for what you ask for and ask * how many people he uses because I get the feeling there is more smoke than substance behind his company.

*Personal information redacted by admin

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
Unfortunately, we feel that this review is entirely fake. However, if the review is not fake, all of our customers know that we are willing to do whatever it takes to make sure they are 100% satisfied. All of our customers have the right to request a refund or a rewrite. While our commitment is to providing high-quality executive resumes, we cannot change anyone's overall marketability to employers, or what they do with the resume afterward. Unfortunately, our resume service is not meant to be the be all end all for the job search. The resume is simply a powerful networking and application tool used during the job search. If this tool is not used correctly, or not used at all, it unfortunately will not yield any results.
Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
We have contacted Sarah multiple times attempting to resolve her issue via a refund, a rewrite, free additional services, etc.

While it is impossible to make everyone happy, we will always put forth 100% of our effort to make things right.
bobw250
1/25/19

What I loved about working with Mike at Find My Profession was that networking just works differently when someone else does it for you.

If you're reaching out to a company and saying "hey, I'm interested in this job and think I'd be a great fit", the natural response is something along the lines of "of course you'd say that -- you want the job."

But when someone else reaches out for you and says that you'd be a great fit, and they don't have any obvious skin in the game, it has a much bigger impact. People are more inclined to take it at face value, and then you have your foot in the door at the company.

Also, money spent on getting a professionally prepared resume is just a good investment. Every mediocre or crappy resume that you send out is a waste of time and burns another opportunity.

robertj450
12/7/18

My experience with Find My Profession has been second to none. Throughout my career, I have used other resume writing services, none like FMP. After spending hundreds of dollars with other service providers and not getting a sniff at companies I applied with, I decided to invest in a full FMP package. Within a few weeks of working with FMP, I was getting interviews. Mike Podesto and his extraordinary team take the time to understand your career aspirations. In addition, they take the time to understand your values and what is important to you in your life. They are extremely flexible, friendly, and committed to advancing your career. I have already referred many of my friends and peers to Find My Profession, who have had the same experience. Thank you Find My Profession.

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
Thanks so much for the kind words Robert! It was a pleasure working with you and I look forward to more Broncos games! :)
allysona9
11/15/18

I received the best cover letter I had ever seen from Pamela Duquette! She's a real wordsmith! Thanks so much!

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
Thanks so much for the kind words Allyson. Pam is awesome at what she does.
brettb96
10/11/18

I had the pleasure of collaborating directly with Mike Podesto on the rewrite of my resume. Mike is highly skilled, communicates effectively, works quickly, and displays a fantastic attention to detail. If you are struggling with finding employment and/or need a true professional to revamp your resume, do yourself a favor and contact Find My Profession. You'll definitely be glad you did!

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
Thanks so much for the kind words Brett. We had a great time working with you. Don't forget, returning customers get 10% off. We look forward to working with you in the future!
matth249
9/21/18

I highly recommend the team at Find My Profession led by Mike Podesto! I used their executive resume makeover service and loved the product. I had previously utilized other resume makeover services and the results from FMP were far superior! The new resume absolutely helped me properly display my background and experience and land my dream job. Thanks so much! 5+ stars.

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
Thank you Matt. We had a lovely time working with you. Don't forget, returning resume customers get 10% off. We look forward to working with you in the future!
elexesc
9/21/18

I would have to say that working with Find My Profession has been one of the best decisions I have made! You can count on both Mike and Steven to use their knowledge and resources to deliver the best results to their clients. For any senior executive or c-level leader interested in making over their LinkedIn profile, redesigning their resume, or preparing for that next interview Find My Profession is where to go. You are no longer on your own spending countless hours seeking out that next opportunity Find My Profession eliminates all the hassle. Great company!

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
You rock Elexes! Thanks :)
jordand67
9/20/18

Find My Profession is a fantastic company to work with!
The staff is very professional, and everyone is so easy to work with.
One employee in particular, Steven, was very knowledgeable and down to earth. I would highly recommend their services to any senior or executive level employees. If you're seeking a new opportunity, or have been thinking about changing careers, reach out to Find My Profession. With all the services they have to offer, from Executive Resume Writing Services, LinkedIn Optimization, to Professionally Managed Job Searching, you no longer have to worry about the stress of finding your dream job. They will do all the work for you.

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
I very much appreciate the review Jordan! Have a great day.
martab14
8/29/18

I had multiple versions of my resume and none of them produced expected results. After I spoke with Jerome and received my first draft, I realised why - the new resume was professionally written and most important well formatted...it had the Wow factor to it. No hard feelings when asked to do few minor adjustments. I also worked with Mike on my LinkedIn and cover letter and again, response right on time, you can ask questions as many times as you want etc. To sum it up - very professional service, pleasure to work with and highly recommended.

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
Thanks so much for the kind words Marta. We had a great time working with you. Don't forget, returning customers get 10% off. We look forward to working with you in the future!
davidl998
8/3/18

Seriously, if you are looking for a résumé that will land you a job and you need it to be done in a reasonable amount of time (7-10 business days), jump on this service. By far it is worth every penny.

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
Thank you very much for the review David.
victorc145
7/24/18

The hardest thing about seeking help from companies to rewrite my resume was getting over the truth that my current resume sucked. I was more angry with the fact I paid so much for a resume writer on LinkedIn. *sigh*

Going forward, I will trust the services of find my profession. Best wishes always.

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
Thanks so much for the kind words Victor. We are happy to hear that you have found a service you enjoyed and trust. :)
danielk271
7/20/18

I have paid for resume's in the past but this has been the best one thus far, I even got to speak to Mike on the phone who helped me throughout the process. Worth the money

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
Thanks so much for the review Daniel. We are happy you liked it and it was great speaking with you to go over your resume.
mariaf168
7/19/18

Worked with various recruiters and career advsiors before. FMP is the only company I would sincerely recommend. They dont force you to create a mythical brand, attend industry events or do various other time consuming things with dubious ROI. They keep you real - they help you align your strengths and experiences with job descriptions which are the best match, focus on high probability job openings, they help you make your strengths shine and say the right things in the interviews. You can expect honest and down to earth people invested in your success, knowing the market really well and making you marketable. They also do unique stuff - e.g. really effective networking on LinkedIn around specific opportunities. Other companies I worked with were a waste of time and money - you pay a fortune to get lunacy like go to industry events or other mass gatherings of people with a leather binder and custom business cards and wonder around looking for movers and shakers... not Mike and Steven - these guys will help you find those perfect opportunities which are the closest match to your skills, liaise with the decision makers with pointed messages and secure that interview. They will take your job search to the next level if you are willing to put your effort too.

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
Hey Maria! Thanks so much for the honest review. We really enjoyed working with you on our Career Finder service. I hope you are continuing to progress in your career!
marissac24
7/17/18

Amy, Michael, and Steven have been very accommodating during this entire process. I had my LinkedIn profile fixed, worked to get the best resume, and I look forward to officially entering the job search with their help.

So far so good!
- Marissa Cabrera

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
It was a pleasure working with you Marissa. I hope 2019 is your best year ever!
boorzinp
7/14/18

Thanks to Mike for being suppportive and giving me the time to decide. Once decided, the process went smooth and quick. Received suggestions from Mike that I hadn't even known existed on LinkedIn. Great work done by Mike and Jerome. Thank you !!

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
Thanks so much for the kind words Boorzon. It was a pleasure working with you. Don't forget, returning customers get 10% off. We look forward to working with you in the future!
sharonb403
7/12/18

My experience?

Found the service on LinkedIn. Scheduled a call on the homepage. Talked to the founder. Answered a lengthy survey. Talked to the founder about my answers. Received a quote. Started working with Find My Profession. Started getting interviews.

Feeling positive and waiting to hear back.

Note: Yes, there is lots of work to do in between. They were very helpful and supportive throughout the process.

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
Thanks so much for the kind words Sharon. We had a great time working with you. Don't forget, returning customers get 10% off. We look forward to working with you in the future!
laurenw135
7/10/18

A connection on LinkedIn referred me to Mike at find my profession, I later found out he is the founder.
The first thing my friend asked me was if Id be willing to completely revamp my job search.
Revamp?? That's an understatement, findmyprofession went beyond all expectations.
They not only solved the problem of getting interviews, they also helped me get over some beliefs that were holding me back. I needed someone to help me figure out what was going on and to get my work regimen back on track.
Mike also opened my eyes to different interview practices, hiring practices and resume trends. He has a vast network and a couple of super friendly people working for him. (Kiara and Steven.)
My job search has been permanently changed for the better. I would recommend find my profession to anyone who asked me about it. They are offering a genuine and trustworthy service.

THANKS FINDMYPROFESSION!!!!!

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
I appreciate the kind words Lauren. It was great working with you and I hope you continue to have a ton of success.
mandyp22
6/19/18

Find My Profession was instrumental in my husband's recent nation-wide job search. My husband works in a highly demanding field, which means the majority of his time is spent working. This made searching for new opportunities difficult, and spending time with our family while trying to do so nearly impossible. Enter Find My Profession. My husband's time constraints required my participation in this process and FMP did a great job working with both of us. Mike and his team started with the basics by overhauling his resume and LinkedIn profile. We worked together to find the right type of opportunities and they took over the tedious and time consuming task of filling out applications. More importantly, Mike and his team had the ability to search out the right people for my husband to connect with about potential positions. As the process progressed, Mike's counsel was incredibly helpful in screening out the best possible fit from various offers around the country. We are so excited for the new position my husband accepted and are grateful for the help and guidance of FMP in the advancement of his career. We would absolutely work with FMP again in the future and would recommend them to anyone searching for a new career opportunity.

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
Thanks so much Mandy! You and your husband were a great team and a pleasure to work with. Happy we were able to find a good place for y'all. Wishing you and your family a very bright future.
danielp307
6/6/18

The resume makeover service is superb. Highly recommended. Looking forward to working with findmyprofession.com in the future. Thank you Mike, Steve, Kiara and whomever else you have working there.

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
Thanks so much Dan. We really love hearing that!
paulh550
5/30/18

Their interview training honestly surprised me and really put me in my place. I heard things that humbled me and I needed it because my overconfidence was killing me in interviews.

Everyone thinks they know everything and clearly they do not! Thank you find my profession I never took any of it personally and you run an excellent and brave service!

- Paul H.

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
Thanks Paul. I had a great time chatting with you and learning more about your situation. Congrats on the recent job offer, btw.
brigettes3
5/6/18

Find My Profession took me under their wing with their interview training service. I think what I liked most was the diversity of the team. Job markets are different and it helped to get perspectives from Mike in California and Steven in NYC.

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
Hey Brigette. Thanks for the review. I hope all is well with your job search! Let me know if there is anything else we can help you with.
rubenr38
4/7/18

This was the type of business and career consulting i had been searching for. My career expands back to pre-internet times. I was never quick to understand the importance of linkedIn.

After the LinkedIn profile makeover from Find My Profession, I can see my recruiters place an importance on it.

This is a service I recommend for all those seeking to find new work, not just people my age. Good luck and cheers to our success!

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
Hey Ruben. Thanks a lot! We'd be happy to work with you on any additional services when the time is right.
anthonyp146
4/7/18

Nothing but nice things to say about Find My Professions career finder services. At first, I thought the price was a bit high and all they would do is my resume. I took a chance largely because of the founders LinkedIn network.

Glad I did.

I am getting at least 3-5 interviews a month. I cant say if I am results not typical but this service is certainly working out for me.

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
And now you are employed with AirBnb! Congrats and your future is looking bright.
rjw6
3/22/18

The website is super easy to use! All of my problems/questions were solved in a timely manner. I owe it to them for landing my new job!

Response from Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
Always happy to help out an old client ad friend.

Hey Kristina. Great question and thanks for reaching out. Can you elaborate on which service you are referring too? We offer our famous Career Finder service that we are most known for as well as a variety of other services including Resume Makeover, LinkedIn Profile Makeover, Cover Letter Writing, and Job Interview Prep.

By Mike P., Find My Profession Representative

That's a great question Frank! The Career Finder service, just like all our services are "Pay up front." We custom quote each client based on their overall 'marketability' and the time we estimate it will take to land you your dream job. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out to help@findmyprofession.com directly. If we don't hear from you, best of luck in your job search!

By Mike P., Find My Profession Representative

Of course Kayode. That is perfectly reasonable. You can send your current CV/Resume over to help@findmyprofession.com for a review to let you know whether or not you would benefit from our full-rewrite packages.

By Mike P., Find My Profession Representative

Hello Baz. Many of the reviews we have do mention the results that were received from using the service. We even have a client video testimonial here: https://www.findmyprofession.com/resume-writing/

By Mike P., Find My Profession Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Find My Profession staff and other customers.

Find My Profession?