Cover-Letter-Now reviews

Tel: 844-351-7485
customerservice@cover-letter-now.com

mollyl50
7/8/19

This company ended up charging before my two week time period. I will be going to my credit card company for a charge back.

Tip for consumers: Find another service, the quality is poor and they bill your credit card so you don't qualify for a 2 week refund.

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Hi Molly,

Thank you for your feedback. We do not charge for the monthly subscription prior to the end of the 14-day trial and this is definitely something that we can look into for you. Not that it has any bearing, but we are based in the U.S. At your earliest convenience, please email us directly to: customerservice@cover-letter-now.com with your Account ID or the email address associated with the account. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
mb394
5/16/19

This company lied about trial usage. They charged my credit card $22 and refused to give me my money back. Most expensive cover letter ever. Rep also lied and said that he was in USA but was in PR. BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD WITH THESE PEOPLE!

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Hello M.B.,

We are very sorry if there was any confusion on the terms of our subscription. We do notify our customers at several points that after the 14-day trial, the subscription enters into a monthly subscription service. If you do not cancel before the end of the subscription, either through your account or by contacting us, you will be charged for the recurring amount. The auto-renewal information is listed in multiple areas such as the:
-Sell page
-Payment information page
-Processing payment page
-Order confirmation page
-Payment confirmation e-mail

Upon reviewing your account we see that you continued to use the service several weeks after your initial 14-day trial ended and that you were even issued a partial refund even though you had used said services after the 14-day trial was over. We certainly did not lie and based on your usage of our services, we took it to understand that you understood the terms of the subscription. Puerto Rico is a part of the U.S. and our agents have no reason to be dishonest with our customers. We definitely pride ourselves on our great customer service and we regret to hear that you feel as though you did not experience it.
angelar349
4/21/19

Ted was amazing! He took care of my issue and responded well by explaining possible options I could consider and offering tips on how I can optimize Cover-letter-Now services. Thank you!

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Hi Angela,

We're so delighted to hear how amazing Ted was in addressing your issue and providing further tips for our site! Thank you for the positive feedback!
marietaa2
2/11/19

Esteban, really listened to my concern about my billing situation, so he helped me by quoting a lower payment. He is also patient, friendly and helpful.

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Hello, Marieta:

Thank you for sharing your experience with Esteban, it's amazing to hear that he listen to your billing concern and provide you with a lower payment option. If there’s anything else we can do, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
johnb2240
1/24/19

The phone representative was extremely helpful explaining more of the features about the service that are not well advertised online and was able to help me with my billing concerns.

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Hello, John:

We’re proud to know that our agent was able to help you and that you were pleased with our services. If you need anything in the future, please get in touch at any time.
masak
1/24/19

I had billing issues. I opened an account in November just to check some cover letter ideas and I totally forgot that my account is active, cause I thought it will be active only for the first 14 days! Today I was charged 20 euros. It was a huge shock, especially cause I havent received any emails that your company is trying to charge me. Agent on chat was amazing, Isela Rojas. I was so mad at you guys and agent did everything to completely calm me down and do everything for me that I asked, she even managed to keep me as a customer :D She has all the features of the CS agent that is making your business better and more successful and she actually cares about the customer. I am grateful endlessly for speaking with Isela, she made my day better! I was ready to hit the unsubscribe button and this agent was the only reason why I changed my mind. If you are thinking of giving her a raise, don't think, just do it :) Amazing agent! I wish all the customer service centres around are like yours. Thanks for everything!

Tip for consumers: If you have any issue in creating your cover letter, make sure to use this product! I am pretty sure that with the help of their product I nailed my last job application :)

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Hello, Masa:

Reviews like this really make our day.
We’re thrilled to hear that Isela was able to assist you with your request and provide you with excellent service. We strive to provide an A+ Customer Service experience with a one-stop approach to any situation. Your feedback helps make our service even better. We’ll be sure to let her know your positive comments.
julieb577
10/24/18

I had an issue with my billing.I called and my rep was very helpful and resolved my issue right away. I will definitely recommend this service to my family and friends.

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Hello, Julie:

Way to make our day, reviews like yours keep us going. Our Customer Service Agents are always here for you, so if there’s anything else we can assist you with, just get in touch.
tonig46
10/17/18

The best part about the subscription was talking to the guy who was very helpful and nice. I hate that I have to reach 100 words, it feels like I am writing an assignment for a Literature class

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Hello, Toni:

Thanks for sharing your feedback, we're committed to providing excellent service and it’s great to hear we delivered our promise to you. If you need further help, let us know!
abbyb42
10/2/18

I appreciate the information Victoria gave me about what the site offers. Though I have to leave, I will likely be back because of the care and information she gave during our phone call.

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Hello, Abby:

We deeply appreciate you taking the time to let us know your feedback about our agent Victoria and we're sad to see you go! If you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as we'll be very happy to assist you personally with anything you need.
amandas431
9/12/18

Larry was absolutely amazing! He was straight forward with me about my situation, but extremely respectful! I appreciate his professionalism and the way that he handled my request to the best of his ability, even going above and beyond to contact his supervisor for even better assistance.

Overall, a wonderful experience!

Thank you!

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Hello, Amanda:

Thank you for sharing your feedback about Larry, we’ll be sure to pass along your positive thoughts. If there’s anything else we can assist you with, don’t hesitate to ask!
cynthiaw168
7/6/18

The site is user friendly, I did not experience any problems. I would recommend this site to family and friends. Larry Gonzalez answered all my questions, and recommended other features on the website. If you are looking for a site that enhances your resume or cover letter this is it.

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Hello, Cynthia!

Thank you for sharing your feedback!
We’re excited to hear that our resume builder is user friendly and perform to your liking. We’re proud to know that our agent Larry was able to answer all of your questions, concerns and recommended the multiple features we offer. If you need anything in the future, please get in touch any time.

Wishing you the best of luck in your job search!
kathyt143
6/24/18

The person I spoke with was Very nice and helpful. Very kind as well. Thank you for your help. Why do I need to have 100 characters.

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
-Hello, Kathy!

Thank you for letting us know your feedback! Our team is committed to providing excellent service and it’s amazing to know we delivered our promise to you. If you ever need any help in the future, let us know!
heatherm319
5/30/18

I've been using this site/service off and on for over 5 years now. I love the ease of setting up a resume or cover letter, all the templates and the fact that I can save my work for future editing. I needed help reactivating my account today and used the Live Chat feature for the first time. I spoke with a rep named Johnny who was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. He took care of everything I needed and showed concern to even stop and ask how my day was. I'd recommend this site to anyone - it's a great tool to keep in your resume building arsenal. I'll always be a customer! Thank you again!

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
-Hello, Heather!

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review and we deeply appreciate sharing your experience with Johnny, we’ll be sure to pass along your positive feedback. Your awesome feedback will help us provide an even better experience for our customers. If there’s anything else we can assist you with, don’t hesitate to ask!
laurap177
3/25/18

I was very happy about all the tips they give on the right side of your resume. They gave very useful phrases to use on my resume. But when I downloaded it as a Word doc. I decided to make a few more tweeks and I deleted a couple of bullet-pointed entry's, but the bullet-points stayed and I couldn't delete them. I had to call into Customer Service and get a manager on the phone who downloaded my resume and took off all of my bullet points and emailed to me. Then I had to work an extra half hour, putting the bullet points back in.
Then decided to give the Cover Letter section a try. It seemed to grab a job from my area and only gave 3 sentences on my cover letter. I didn't want THAT job, but couldn't figure out why it inserted there and couldn't take it off. I would have wanted a generic cover. So I only stayed for the 14 day trial.
Josiah was very helpful in helping me to cancel this subscription

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Hi Laura P-
Thank you for sharing your experience with Josiah; we’ll be sure to pass along your positive review. If there’s anything else we can assist you with, don’t hesitate to ask!
jessicar214
3/20/18

josiah M was fantastic in helping me! I would recommend him and the service. It helped me to get a great job and I am just thrilled to have created a cover letter with this company.

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Hi Jessica,
marinas52
2/11/18

I attempted to cancel my subscription in Feb 16 and found out recently that they have been charging me for over a year for services that I don't use and don't want. I tried to reach out to customer service and they took no responsibility to remediate this even after I spoke to several agents. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE.

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Hi Marina,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We wish you’d had a better experience, but we’re here to help and we’ve put your situation at the top of our list! Shortly, you'll receive a DM from us!
abdullaht4
1/24/18

My customer service rep Lenin was great at resolving my issue!! He found my problem and corrected it immediately he was very polite and Understanding of my situation overall customer service 10 out of 10

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Hi Adbullah,
Thank you for sharing your experience with Lenin; we’ll be sure to pass along your positive review. If there’s anything else we can assist you with just contact us.
charlesj79
1/22/18

Nicole at the chat service is awesome, she helped me with my cancellation, and i wouldnt hesitate to ask her for help anytime

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Hi Charles,
Thank you for sharing your experience with Nicole; we’ll be sure to pass along your positive review. If there’s anything else we can assist you with just contact us.
deniser74
12/29/17

*** To report to the BBB please use the info provided on the photo I have attached.*** If I were you, I would drill down on these reviews by clicking the 1-star bar to discover a commonality--we've all been screwed a sneaky ass monthly charge. I used this service ONCE for a mere cover letter, in which costed me $1.95 without even realizing, in whatever heeded warning there was (not visible or communicated) that $19.95 would be charged MONTHLY. Who IN THE HELL would use a COVER LETTER/RESUME service every month @ $19.95 with no stopping after spending ONLY $2.00?!!---that logic doesn't even make sense. Without me realizing it, I have been charged $19.95 for over a year now. I am supremely livid at the sneaky A.C.H. withdrawals on my account. Spoke to customer service and they are only willing to refund ONE measly recent charge, after over a year of scheming my card. DO NOT TRUST THIS WEBSITE AND RUN AWAY FAST.

Tip for consumers: Report these people to the BBB immediately !!

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Hi Denise,
We’re sorry that you may have gotten the wrong impression of our service and subscription resume builder service. We would like to provide you some information which may clear up any concerns about your account:

monicaz9
12/1/17

I found this site to be very user friendly and would definitely recommend it to anyone. My cover letter looked very professional.

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Hi Monica,
You made our day with that review! Thanks for sharing the love :) It’s awesome to know how pleased you are with how your resume turned out. We’re happy to help!
marks575
11/30/17

Cancelled my subscription and they kept charging me!!!
wrote to them for it to stop, and still kept charging me.
putting a block on my card.
Don't use them!!!!

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Hi Mark,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Mark. We’re disappointed to know that you’ve had this experience with us and you can rest assured that we are more than willing to assist you with your concern. Shortly, you will receive a direct message so we can look into this situation and protect your privacy. Thank you!
jimmyb66
10/30/17

I forgot to write on my calendar the end of my 14 day trial period and then I was charged $19.95. Called three days later for an adjustment or refund and I was refused the refund of $19.95. One cover letter cost me $19.95, otherwise the service is good.

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
HI Jimmy,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Jimmy. We’re disappointed to know that you’ve had this experience with us and you can rest assured that we are more than willing to assist you with your concern. Shortly, you will receive a direct message so we can look into this situation and protect your privacy. Thank you!
mariem141
10/18/17

Called customer service because i could not locate the cover letter i had saved the previous day, I needed to print it but could not locate it, was told to call back tomorrow for help. Hour are from 8am to 8pm I called at 4pm Dallas Tx. time. I cancelled my subscription. Luckily i had a rough graph of the letter. Site is unstable

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Hi Marie,
We take our customer’s satisfaction seriously and have taken note of your feedback as we’re constantly working towards improving your experience with us.
jamese130
9/27/17

I've been a member of Cover Letter Now for around 4 years. I credit their services for helping me get tons of interviews and offers for all of those 4 years. I recently needed to print out an updated resume for an employer that I applied for a while back. I ended up paying the sub fee so I could update and download the updated resume. I eventually chatted in to get a refund since that's all I really needed was 1 resume. I did get a pro-rated refund and the customer service agent was very helpful in getting me that refund. I would have liked a full refund, but totally understand as I didn't cancel right away. Plus, as I stated earlier, the service has been great and has provided me with great looking resumes and cover letters.

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
HI James,
We’re always thrilled to hear from happy customers. Thank you for sharing your experience! If you need further help, please do not hesitate to contact us.
sb232
9/19/17

Rolando was pleasant and helpful. This was my second call to request a refund, and i didn't get a full refund, but partial since the first rep didn't add that request to my file.

Response from Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Hi,
Thank you for sharing your experience with Rolando,we’ll be sure to pass along your positive review. If there’s anything else we can assist you with just contact us.

. Hi Sara. Were sorry that you may have gotten the wrong impression of our service and subscription resume builder service. We would like to provide you some information which may clear up any concerns about your account: Our free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume and cover letter builder before deciding to purchase. The ability to print, email, or download your resumes and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription and not listed as a feature of the free account. You can download a plain text version of your resume for free. In order to use all premium features of the service, we offer customers a 14 day access for $1.95 USD and we indicate up front that it will auto renew after the 14 day period and that it can be canceled at any time. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14-day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation e-mail stating the date and amount of the auto-renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including via phone, live chat, e-mail and self-cancellation in your Account Settings. If you have any additional concerns regarding your account, please feel free to contact us so we can provide with further assistance. Thank you!

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

For the benefit of our users, we offer a free account that gives you the chance to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase, you may download a plain text version of your resume for free. We also, provide the option of a 14-day trial for a small fee, which gives you the ability to print, e-mail or download your resume and cover letters, but these features are NOT listed within the free account. If you wish to avoid any recurring monthly charges just simply cancel before the 14-day trial expires.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear that you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news, Marisse. However, in order for us to properly assist you with this matter, you will need to contact our Tech Support Department using the following option: https://www.cover-letter-now.com/contact-us

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings. Cancellation stops the auto-renewal. Once it’s canceled, we send a cancellation confirmation email for your records. There are times that auto emails can get picked up as spam or junk mail. Be sure to check your spam/junk mail folder. We are very committed to providing great customer service and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team. Please contact me directly if you have any further issues. You can email me at customerservice@livecareer.com or send us a private message and we will assist you from here.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Sorry for the delay Joe B and yes, on our website you can create multiple letters. We offer different types of letters to choose from as well as different templates and designs so you can customize your letter depending on your level of needs. If you have further questions feel free to contact us. Our customer service email is customerservice@livecareer.com. You can contact us on that email with your concerns and we will help you achieve a timely resolution.

Helpful answer -1

Greetings Angela R. Our free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume and cover-letter builder before deciding to purchase. The ability to print, email, or download your resumes and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription and not listed as a feature of the free account. You can download a plain text version of your resume for free. To be able to use all premium futures of the service we offer customer a 14 days access for $1.95 USD and we indicate up front that it will auto renew after the 14 days and that it can be canceled at any time. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings. If you have any additional concerns regarding you account feel free to contact us so we can provide you with further assistance.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Cover-Letter-Now staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Cover-Letter-Now