Sitejabber Website Reviews and Complaints

Jobscan

Jobscan has a consumer rating of 4.51 stars from 556 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Jobscan most frequently mention great tool, cover letter and key words. Jobscan ranks 11th among Resume sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 12 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 85.9%

• This tool provides exceptional value to those like me who work directly with job seekers!
  • Easy to use, rapid analysis, guides improvements to resume for each job description.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate Jobscan?
Business's Favorite Review

“Cool tool”

Mark P.
11/13/20

It was eye opening to look at job descriptions more strategically. I ended up getting a job outside of the traditional application process, but I'm confident that I would have made some good traction using Jobscan.

See full review

“Simply great!”

Rashad I.
12/6/20

Useful insights, advises and resume feedback. It helped me to get a job! Very easy to use and very clear outcomes - highly recommended for anyone who is job hunting. I regret I didn't know about this great tool earlier.

job description (4) job seekers (0)
margaritag44
Verified purchase

I am very glad that I used the Jobscan! It helped me a lot to adjust my resume for each position, to apply right words, to fix resume formatting. It gave me so much confidence! This tool analyze the job description and finds the scope of skills that are required for the job, and not only skills but the right wordings to describe your competency. I found my dream job and would recommend this tool for everybody who is looking for a job.

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Thank you, Margarita! That's so awesome. Congratulations on landing your dream job!

sebastient10
January 23rd, 2021
Verified purchase

I have used Jobscan for preparing my CV for applications. The tool is very effective and, with just few little changes, it provides a massive change in the way my applications were perceived/retained by recruiters.
Also, it saved me a great amount of time when tailoring my CV for specific job ads. The scanner tells you which key words to focus on and help you going straight to the point.

haydng
Verified purchase

Jobscan has changed the way I approach job searching & resume editing. I feel much more informed about the process through using the tools as well as reading the articles. The only thing that gives me pause about the service is the pricing structure, so I hope that, like with the product itself, that that is being regularly re-evaluated and adjusted accordingly with the customers in mind.

Reason I chose this business:

Preparing for a job application

kimberlyj444
January 21st, 2021
Verified purchase

I just signed up for the service, I have nothing to go on.

Why are you asking if you should follow up with me to make sure I'm satisfied with the experience? You don't follow up with everyone?

Not digging the last question of whether or not to follow up regarding customer service. When I said no, it suddenly said that I'd miss out on other things besides being asked about my experience. Not cool.

Reason I chose this business:

I read about it on LinkedIn and saw some good reviews.

Jobscan attempted to help this customer through the Sitejabber Resolution Center, but the customer did not respond

roberte985
Verified purchase

Very good! I did notice that Jobscan sometimes misses skills mentioned if the wording is not exact, i. E. "project management" versus "projects managed."

Reason I chose this business:

Referred by Kathy Lansford-Powell.

jenniferh2099
February 7th, 2021

I was tipped off to this service by a career coach and it made a huge impact on the way I was approaching my application process. I was able to spend time tailoring my resume/cover letter to better match the job description and the scan feature made it a breeze. Definitely opt for the 3 month subscription with the unlimited scans. I probably scanned/updated my resume a hundred times with different tweaks and was able to land a role before I had to pay anything. ;) It's such a valuable service- honestly.

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Thanks, Jennifer, for this awesome feedback!

teresam822
February 4th, 2021

I used Jobscan constantly to customize my resume for each position I applied to. It was very helpful to see which keywords stood out in the job description. I was then able to tailor my resume in such a way that, while remaining truthful, my past experience included the relevant keywords. It is a great tool to help de-mystify the applicant tracking systems and get the resume past them to a live person.

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Thanks for the great feedback, Teresa. Glad to know you find Jobscan useful! :)

camillef45
Verified purchase

Over all a very good experience, but there are workflow tweaks that would be 'a better way'
1) being able to link to job posting from the start of the interaction.
2) having a 'base line' resume available
3) being able to search within the resume that you're power editing so as to enable quicker change/revert
4) spell check in the powered mode. (i just figured out I applied to 4 jobs with a misspelling in the first 4 words of the resume)
I'm happy to contribute more ideas, but how about you hire me?

Reason I chose this business:

Because my wife has an account with you.

customerc15
February 1st, 2021
Verified purchase

This tool is amazing! Should I know it works like this, I would pay 10x more for it! When I start using it, most of my CV vs offer rating were about 25-30%. The tool helped me to achieve a 80+% average and land a dream job just within 2 months! (BTW - for the job I landed, I scored 96% on the tool! :) )

job search, cv builder

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Amazing! That's great to know, Jakub!
We wish you all the best :)

ryans981
February 18th, 2021

Jobs can helped me highlight my experience in a way directly relevant to each application. When you only get one chance to get selected for interviews, it pays to be able to articulate your value proposition better than the stack of resumes not using jobscan. Love the product!

Job scan

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Thank you for the awesome feedback, Ryan! All the best!

dani168
January 20th, 2021
Verified purchase

Overall, it's not too bad, though I still find that Jobscan's keyword counting methodology a bit peculiar, though I'm sure they'll say that's a reflection of the ATS systems they wish to emulate.

Reason I chose this business:

Optimize a resume for a particular job.

charlottes240
Verified purchase

What a brilliant piece of software! After countless rejections for jobs, I was told my CV was being filtered out by the ATS. I hired a professional CV writer and had no better success. Using Jobscan for just a week resulted in no instant rejections, and an interview. The interface is very intuitive so can be used easily by anyone. I have recommended this to friends, who have had similar success. Thank you to the Jobscan team.

umarm16
December 8th, 2020
Verified purchase

A go-to ap for me. The live edit could be a bit better at formatting. I recommend Jobscan frequently.

Reason I chose this business:

Can't find anything that comes close

davidw3439
February 5th, 2021

There are so many strategies in getting a foot in the door to land an interview. The ATS systems are formidable. I landed several interviews and ultimately my new job using Jobscan, which I have no doubt was the difference in getting past the ATS systems. So easy to use and informative in the tips it provides to strengthen your resume. I highly recommend Jobscan, especially it a competitive market.

Tip for consumers:
Well worth the time

Jobscan - software

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Awesome! Thanks for the great review, David!

johnp3574
February 8th, 2021

Extremely useful tool. Helped to identify the areas of my resume that needed to be customized in order to make it through the 'black hole' of submitting online. Yielded several callbacks and ultimately opened the door for landing a job.

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Hi John! Congratulations on getting the job! We wish you all the best!
Thanks for the great feedback.

michaelw3114
February 24th, 2021
Verified purchase

Over the course of a 4-5 month period, I submitted well over 100 applications and was averaging about 15% response rate, which was depressing and moral-sapping. I found out about applicant tracking systems and how they screen for matching keywords from the job description in my resume. No wonder my results were poor, I was not doing any customization at all. I invested in Jobscan and the application helped me customize my resumes and emphasize certain content and de-emphasize other content. I believe this helped me get noticed, land interviews and ultimately get multiple job offers. This is a tool that is reasonably priced and is a wise investment for job seekers in today's intense job market. I would definitely recommend it.

Tip for consumers:
When you are looking for work, it is tiring and often depressing. Anything you can do to make your search more efficient is a plus. I found Jobscan to check that box for me. It quickly told me how to make my resumes more likely to be found amongst all the competing resumes.

Products used:
I used the premium offering from Jobscan. It was a monthly fee.

Awesome! Thanks, Michael!

deboraha569
Verified purchase

I found the scan of job description rather inaccurate (for example, required degree was missed although should have been an exact match)

Reason I chose this business:

Recommended by my career consultant

guguk
Verified purchase

Amazing tool, Love everything about it. As a coach I wish I could afford to have the ultimate premium access!

Reason I chose this business:

Its the only elegant, easy to use and effective system I have found.

nicks932
Verified purchase

Overall good experience. However, a few areas of improvements are noticed. At a number of times, I noted that despite providing job advert link, your system failed to spot the ATS. Not sure its intentionally designed this way to keep getting job links or its a system bug.

Reason I chose this business:

Like I said earlier, overall its a good product and help in aligning resume with job advert keywords.

adamd441
January 8th, 2021

Resume writing has a many tips from as many people you talk to; but it has to make it past the HR Bots, first! JobScan helped me write tailored resumes which satisfied the HR Bots, HR professionals, and, ultimately, the directorate which hired me. I received an interview for all 10 resumes I built through JobScan (and in the middle of the pandemic, too). Parting Words: Pay for the three month subscription; you will NOT regret it.

marthau195
January 20th, 2021
Verified purchase

This is a useful app for anyone looking to land a job as it helps to tailor one's resume to fit the role being sought for. The feedback is awesome as it tells you what is right, what is wrong and how to fix the wrong things in your resume... and this is just the free version. I would totally recommend this to anyone looking for that perfect resume to land a desired role.

Reason I chose this business:

I chose jobcsan because i need a resume for a job i am currently seeking.

rashadi2
December 6th, 2020

davec618
November 6th, 2020
Verified purchase

Jobscan helped me match my resume keywords to the employer that I was looking for. Thanks Jobscan!

joeu167
January 13th, 2021
Verified purchase

Innovative job search tool. Helps job seekers tailor resume, cover letter, and applications to improve interview selection.

Reason I chose this business:

Recommendation from Lee Hecht Harris executive coach.

leod89
January 26th, 2021
Verified purchase

Well, this is convoluted and confusing. Give me two seconds to actually use the website before begging me for a review.

A friend suggested it.

Hi Shawn! Thanks for your message. We offer two pricing options for the Jobscan Premium plan -- a monthly option for $49.95 and a quarterly option for $89.95. If you go the $89.95 route, you actually get a free 30-day trial before being charged. Just cancel before the trial ends and you won't have to pay anything!

By Paige L.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Jobscan staff and other customers.

Applicant tracking systems may be all that is standing in the way between you and a job interview. To get past these pesky ATS, your resume needs relevant skills and keywords from each description. That's where Jobscan comes in.

Jobscan scores your resume against any job description and reveals the keywords you should include. It’s an essential free-to-try tool to increase your interview chances in today’s job market.

Visit us at jobscan.co or check out our blog for resources and guides at jobscan.co/blog

Business Highlights

• Resume Scan Tool
  • LinkedIn Optimization Tool
  • Free Resume Builder

Business History

Jobscan came about when founder James Hu was job seeking. He found the resume tailoring and keyword identification process too manual. After learning more about how an ATS works, he launched Jobscan in February 2014. Jobscan is a profitable and growing software company based in Seattle, Washington with a vision to build enterprise-grade tools for job seekers.

James H.
Founder & CEO
Typically responds within 12 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jobscan?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

4.5
Have a question about Jobscan?