Jobscan

Jobscan has a consumer rating of 3.67 stars from 9 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Jobscan also ranks 50th among Resume sites. The most common issues with Jobscan are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate Jobscan?

“Great Software!”

Ted W.
2/22/20

I had been searching for a job for over a year and was considering my retirement options. The Jobscan software was recommended to me through a recruiting company and it really made a difference in the number of companies and recruiters viewing my resume. And yes, I got the job I was looking for all that time!

“Repeated Poor Results Intended To Get You To...”

Robert L.
5/27/19

I've used their free scans to try to improve my resume and can never get it above 76%. When I analyzed the results, I saw the issues: 1) Their word search does not recognize derivatives (if the firm is looking for "Troubleshoot" and you put "Troubleshooting" it will just ignore it. 2) Job Scan extracts the words from the job description. The description typically uses verbs (candidate must troubleshoot). However, resumes are typically written in adjectives (troubleshooter or troubleshooting). Thus, this compounds the problem with Job Scan not recognizing word derivatives. 3) Job Scan also throws the word "skills" in with many attributes (Management Skills, Organization Skills, Time Management Skills). Thus, when resumes typically just list Management, Organization, Time Management under the common heading of skills, Job Scan will NOT recognize it (unless it has the word skills after each). Such word combinations were NOT in the job description, so this cannot be blamed on extraction. I listed the name of the major Fortune 20 company that this job was with and was told that Job Scan did not know what ATS that they were using. I can't believe that the ATS of a Fortune 20 company would be as poor as the one that Job Scan uses (noted above). To me it is more likely that they want to use their own ATS that seems to be intended to give you low scores in order to bait you into paying for their premium services.

tedw99
February 22nd, 2020
jacksonp15
July 14th, 2019
I started using this service as a free month trial, but forgot to cancel this service before they charged my card $89.95. I sent numerous support tickets in the way that they asked, fulfilling all the stated requirements for refund listed on their website. However, they have not responded to any of my requests and it has been almost a week since I sent the first one. I strongly do not recommend this service unless you want to lose your money with no recourse
bobb491
August 20th, 2018
I haven't experienced an uptick in employer responses since I've used the software.

You could try it for free to get a feel for what it takes to improve your job match percentage. All you're doing is inserting the key words into your resume from the job listing, over and over, ad nauseam (if the job description has SaaS referenced 4 times, so must your resume!)

I'd bet a large sum most of the 5 star reviews here are employees of Jobscan. A mediocre product at best....
tanyac29
July 24th, 2016
Jobscan was incredibly useful in helping me apply for a new job. I am relocating to a new city and applied for 3 jobs in the area. I used Jobscan for 2 of the job applications and got interviews and job offers for both! The only job I did not get an offer from was the one I did not use Jobscan with (because I didn't know about it at the time). My husband told me about the site after he took a mandatory course on finding civilian jobs after getting out of the ARMY. I also appreciated emails that gave tips for building your resume. Will definitely use this again in the future!
kend525
September 6th, 2016
The tool is easy to use - paste your resume on one side and the job description your applying to on the other and the tool highlights areas you can improve your chances of getting that call from the potential employees. It looks at length of resume, key words, title, experience, and tells you where to shore up your resume.

GREAT tool. If you're looking for a job you need this.
sophiah21
July 24th, 2016
Before jobscan, I received callbacks from about 12% of the resumes I submitted. Since I've been using jobcscan, I'm getting phone screens on a full quarter (25%) of my applications. The platform is easy to use and the support team is incredibly responsive.
benf31
May 28th, 2015
I heard about Jobscan from my aunt and have since been a huge fan. It saves me a ton of time identifying keywords for me and I received two interviews within a week after using them. Their customer service is also awesome!
tiffanyl35
September 6th, 2016
This tool provides exceptional value to those like me who work directly with job seekers! I have had the opportunity to use Jobscan with a few job seekers! I showed them your site and helped them establish an account and then we did a scan together for a position they were hoping to apply for soon. Their first scan showed a pretty low score, but using the feedback from Jobscan we were able to add strengthen their resume to a higher score! Im hoping this will translate into an interview for the job seeker, but even if it does not, the Jobscan remains a wonderful coaching tool for creating targeted resumes.
robertl815
May 27th, 2019

When I analyzed the results, I saw the issues:

Hi Tammy,, we'd be happy to help you with your refund. Could you contact our customer support? You can find our customer support email by locating "Customer Support" at the bottom of our site. Thanks! James

By James H., Founder & CEO

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Jobscan staff and other customers.

Applicant screening software may be all that's standing in the way between you and a job interview. To get past it, you need to make sure your resume has all the relevant keywords matching the job description. That's where Jobscan comes in.

Jobscan scores your resume against any job description and reveals the keywords you should include. It’s an essential free-to-try tool to increase your interview chances in today’s job market.

Visit us at jobscan.co or check out our blog for resources and guides at jobscan.co/blog

Business History

Jobscan came about when founder James Hu was job seeking. He found the resume tailoring and keyword identification process too manual. After learning more about how an ATS works, he launched Jobscan in February 2014. Jobscan is a profitable and growing software company based in Seattle, Washington with a vision to build enterprise-grade tools for job seekers.

jamesh321
James H.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jobscan?

Have a question about Jobscan?