Review of LiveCareer

San Francisco, CA 94102, US
Tel: 800-652-8430
customerservice@livecareer.com
2018 Customer choice award
Create a professional, job-ready resume in minutes
Learn More

muralidharanp
1/31/19

I used their website for a day to build my resume, and paid 3$ which I feel is fair. They charged me 25$ after 2 weeks which seems their policy. I spoke to their customer service and the guy was polite and promised me the money will be refunded. Which never happened, so I had to get with my bank and dispute the charge Looks like they fought back with BOA and reverted the charge. Their customer service is outsourced and the sweet words are a lie. I would suggest to be careful, they were unwilling to send any details thru email when I called them again regarding the same.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Muralidharan:

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear that you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news. However, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding our products and services. Upon further account evaluation, we are unable to offer you a refund at this time. Our decision is based on the fact that as a customer, you choose to contact your financial institution before contacting us to provide the refunds to your account. Since these charges were disputed, you will need to contact your bank so they can provide you with the proper resolution. Once your bank intervenes, it is no longer up to us, because the charges were disputed.

We hope that this information helps clear things up. If you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as we'll be very happy to assist you personally with anything you need. We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. Please feel free to contact us in case you have further questions.
jessicad256
1/14/19

By far helped me out with what I needed 10/10 would recommend because was by far satisfied. Also customer service is really nice and helps you out a lot

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Jessica:

You just made our day!
We strive to make our customers happy and we take your feedback to heart. In fact, we rely on it to continually improve our customer’s experience.
robd132
1/8/19

Customer service rep Jorge V was excellent with me helping me when I like others failed to pay attention to auto renew terms but credited back my registration fee and helped with understanding to guide me with true professionalism about there company. With that being said I decided to continue to be a customer Thanks for your Help

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Rob D:

Thank you for sharing your experience with Jorge, we’ll be sure to pass along your positive feedback. If there’s anything else we can assist you with, don’t hesitate to ask!
jamesj632
12/5/18

I am a retiree living on a fixed income who clicked on the LiveCareer website. Not paying close attention to the auto renew terms for the 14-day trial period, I took advantage of certain services. When confronted by the renewal charge, I called the company and spoke with Lenny (Badge #418). He was super professional, credited back my full registration fee and proceeded to offer me access to the website for a modest continuing fee. I accepted but also acquired the cancellation date in the future to stop all future charges if I chose. All in all, the experience was highlighted by the knowledge and professionalism of Lenny. I would highly recommend this website for the job seeker.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, James:

Reviews like this really make our day.
We’re thrilled to hear that Lenny was able to assist you with your request and provide you with excellent service. We’ll be sure to let him know your positive comments.
dg243
11/28/18

Excellent resume & letter templates. BUT BEWARE it will charge you to save/send any docs & automatically debits your account monthly unless you cancel within 14days which isn't as easy as it should be. The job search & other features are only useful if you live in the US.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, D. G:

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback, we’re always happy to hear it! We’re constantly looking to make our products and services better and listening to our customers is a big part of that. With that in mind, we’ve passed your comments along to our team so we can keep improving.
sahithic
11/28/18

It was really good working with LiveCareer. They listen to our issues patiently and try to resolve them which gives us complete satisfaction.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Sahithi:

Thank you for sharing your experience! Our Customer Service Team is committed to providing excellent service and it’s great to hear we delivered our promise to you. If you need further help, let us know!
dawnh387
11/28/18

I love the assistance with my cover letter but I couldn't justify the monthly fee. So I called & spoke to a rep who was beyond helpful with his suggestions and answers to questions about my resume & work history. He even offered to reduce the fee to an affordable amount. He was very patient and kind. I will always be thankful & grateful for his help with my job search approach.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Dawn:

Way to make our day, reviews like yours keep us going. Our Customer Service Agents are always here for you, so if there’s anything else we can assist you with, just get in touch.
kashyapd
11/26/18

I had created my account only an hour back to get myself a resume print. I don't want this subscription and when i try to cancel my subscription online under the settings tab the website doesn't allow me to cancel. Error / warning i get is that there is more than one subscription on this account. I have dropped the customer support an email regarding this.

Also my account was charged 4 times for the subscription as the first time when i tried making the payment i got http://502 bad gateway. I refreshed the page and payment was done multiple times.

I NEED TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY

Can the customer support please deactivate my account immediately and also refund my money charged additionally

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Kashyap:

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear that you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news. However, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding the error on your account.

After verifying the account it seems that you contacted our Customer Service Department on November 23, 2018, requesting cancellation, as well as a refund, do to the error our system generated. Rest assured that all charges have been refunded and the accounts have been canceled as requested.

ericb391
10/19/18

I couldn't login is correctly and I didn't see my resume. I asked a million questions and she was so respectful and patient with me.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Eric:

jongbump
10/11/18

I had no idea on how to write my resume in English at first place. However, thanks to this LiveCareer I had no problem in generating my resume in a couple of hours. Besides, first I made a mistake of paying higher rate plan than I originally planned. There was this chatting facility that resolved my concern. She/he accepted my requested and changed my payment plan to a cheaper one which I wanted to purchase.
Thank you very much, I hope you prosper.

JB

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Jongbum:

You're very welcome and Thank you for taking the time to review us!
We’re proud to know that our experts were able to resolve your situation and that you were pleased with our service. If you need anything in the future, please get in touch at any time.
marcusm88
9/30/18

Miss Grijalba was by far the best customer support I've ever talked to within my years of battling customer services across various companies. I highly recommend this support tech to any one. Quick, very kind, helpful, and a terrific problem solver. This website is very helpful even to those simple minded people such as myself when it comes to creating a resume. Very simple to use as well as helpful when choosing the right type of words to add onto your resume. 10/10

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Marcus:

Reviews like this really make our day.
We’re thrilled to hear that Miss Grijalba was able to assist you with your request and provide you with excellent service. We’ll be sure to let her know your comments and thank you for trusting us with your resume, we’re happy to hear that is was as easy as 1, 2, 3! It’s great to hear that you’re pleased with your resume. We hope it makes all the difference in helping you get the job you desire.
mohamede52
9/30/18

I have faced a problem with my subscribtion renewal and i found a professional customer service team who were able to solve and help me, thank you

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Mohamed:

You're very welcome and thank you for sharing your experience! Our Customer Service Team is committed to providing excellent service and it’s great to hear we delivered our promise to you. If you need further help, let us know!
grosbynr
9/28/18

I used this service for a class in school which required me to update my resume. The experience couldn't have been better. My resume turned out great and when I called to cancel my subscription, Lennin was extremely professional and helpful. I would definitely recommend this service to my family, friends and colleagues.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Grosbyn:

Thank you for trusting us with your resume, it’s great to hear that you’re pleased with your resume. We hope it makes all the difference in helping you get the job you desire.
joec464
9/24/18

Ronney was very helpful and professional in spite of my rude opening statement. Well done. He explained how the system works and why I was charged for a premium membership. I only needed a copy and he took care of the charges for me.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Joe:

We’re thrilled to hear that Ronney was able to assist you with your request and provide you with excellent service. We’ll be sure to let him know your possitive comments.
brookeb82
9/21/18

I was highly impressed with the customer service team. They were extremely helpful with any questions/issues, and were extremely courteous and knowledgeable.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Brooke:

samarh2
9/12/18

Great customer service. They really went above and beyond. Very quick to resolve the issue and very courteous.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Samar:

kellyc343
9/2/18

I am considering switching either jobs or careers. LiveCareer has everything necessary for the job-seeker. It's been a few years since I needed to look for a job, but their customer support counselors are helpful, patient, and kind.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Kelly:

shibup
8/27/18

Josue was very polite and quick in responding. Best thing was that he also gave me a compliment offer to continue my subscription. But sadly i do not use this website that much for a monthly subscription.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Shibu:

Reviews like this really make our day. we’re thrilled to hear that Josue was able to assist you with your request and provide you with excellent service. We’ll be sure to let him know your comments.
wicob
8/27/18

Responded immediately and solved my problem with great enthusiasm. They also asked my how my Friday was doing while they were working on my query. Would recommend.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Wico:

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we’re proud to know that our experts were able to resolve your situation and that you were pleased with our service. If you need anything in the future, please get in touch at any time.
deepthik
8/21/18

I used LiveCareer to update my resume and the website gave me great options. It is one of the best that I worked with so far, I will surely recommend all my friends. I even got my refund back from them the moment I asked. I didn't know that it was a monthly payment, but then Joyce Johnson helped me in cancelling the subscription and also helped me get my refund back.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Deepthi:

Thank you for trusting us with your resume, we’re proud to know that our experts were able to resolve your situation and that you were pleased with our service. If you need anything in the future, please get in touch at any time.
fredricc5
8/21/18

I called today because I was uncertain about the services rendered by LiveCareer. I spoke to Sebastian Cardenas, whose extensive knowledge and excellent customer service swayed me to continue on with my subscription. Thanks for going the extra mile to help a first time user like me. I'd recommend this service to anyone.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Fredric:

Thank you for sharing your experience with Sebastian. We strive to provide an A+ Customer Service experience with a one-stop approach to any situation. Your feedback helps make our service even better.
francesc100
8/20/18

Very satisfying customer assistance from leonje.
She was efficient and very helpful. She is well worth a promotion.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Frances C:

That’s what we like to hear, thank you for sharing your feedback about our agent Leoje, we’re always here to help whenever you need us!
kevink306
8/20/18

I just used LiveResume to completely revamp my resume and cover letter and it was a very smooth and very good experience. Their costs was reasonable as well. The agent I spoke with was extremely professional, understanding, and efficient. I highly recommend this company based on my experience.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Kevin K:

naomies
8/8/18

My resume turned out fantastic, being titled a FREE printable resume is completely misleading as it cost me money to print it, disguised as a 2 week sign up. I swallowed the couple of dollars to print it which i believed to be approximately $3-$4AUD after conversion.
I have just checked my credit card statement and i have the following charges....
$2.71AUD and $1.34AUD (same day) plus 0.12AUD in international fees.

Then 2 weeks later, when my sign up should have lapsed, i was charged another $33.84AUD as well as another $1.02 in international fees!

So this one resume has cost me $40.01AUD already!!!! ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED.
Clearly we have a different idea of what FREE means!

when I went into my 'account' just now i see that t is set to active with a monthly subscription. and i KNOW I did not select that option.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Mrs-S.S:

We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news. However, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding our products and services.

We are in fact free, we offer a free account that gives you the chance to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase. You can download a plain text version of your resume for free. For the benefit of our users, we provide the option of a 14-day trial for a small fee. The ability to print, e-mail or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription, these are NOT listed as features included with a free account.

When you signed up for our product you agreed to our 'Terms and Conditions' as well as our 'Privacy Terms'. Once you select our 14-day trial enrollment, you are automatically enrolled in our monthly subscription service, which we let you know at this stage that you may cancel at any time. Also when we request your credit card information, we clearly explain that unless you self-cancel or request a cancellation you authorize us to charge your account every four weeks at the current rate of the subscription. The auto-renewal information is listed on multiple areas such as:

-Sales Page
-Payment Page
-Processing Purchase
-Confirmation Page
-Payment Confirmation E-mail

We want to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, since we are always looking for ways to better our service, and your feedback is an invaluable part of that process. If you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as we'll be very happy to assist you personally with anything you need.
alixr3
8/7/18

My customer service rep Sebastian listened to my concerns and went out of his way to help me get the most from the LiveCareer online services.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Alix:

Helpful answer -1

Our free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchaser ability to print, email, or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription and not listed as a feature of the free account. However you can download a plain text version of your resume for free. To be able to use all premium futures of the service we offer customer a 14 days access for $1.95 and we indicate up front that it will auto renew after the 14 days and that it can be cancel at any time. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings. We are very committed to providing great customer service. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team. Please contact us directly if you have any further issues. You can email me at customerservice@livecareer.com or send us a private message here, we will be more than glad to address all your concerns. Best Regards, Live Career

Do not use this site!

By Alana L.

This is what the site advertised: For 14 day access, $14.95, and for a year $39.80. However, signing up for ANY service aloows the site to store your payment information for further billing, and getting in touch with them, much less obtaining help is nigh impossible. After two weeks they will pull $39.80 MONTHLY from your payment method (please see my review and others on Google and yelp for further verification of this).

By Tameka H.

I had to cancel my Debit Card account with Bank of America, because the Bank refused to block LiveCareer from my account. I wonder if they are in cahoots or what??? I believe a class action suit may be required so we can get our funds back.

By William P.

Dont waste your time trying to contact them. I went to my bank and had all future billing refused AND I went to the State Attorney General and reported them.

By c j.

Call your bank and change your card number Call them and let them know you have contacted your bank and will contact the better business bureau of you don't get a full refund. Then contact the better bBB and file a formal complaint. You will have a refund within a week. That's how I got my money back

By Eliza S.

I tried phoning Anna and I live in new Zealand. No luck. I've also emailed a lot. Our only way out was to cancel my card and my husbands. They won't refund any of it. We have lost nearly $200 in two months. Good luck. I hope you can get something out of them.

By Merryl A.
Helpful answer -1

We apologize for any inconveniences you may have experience while using the service. We are committed to provide great customer service so we can definitely verify your account and provide you with further assistance. May you please contact us via our support email customerservice@livecareer.com so we can assist you in resolving all the concerns that you may have on your account.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

It was a great resume....but I agree w/ other posts....MAKE SURE YOU CANCEL!!!!

By Denise C.

Hi D: Thank you for taking the time and submitting your question! We have analyzed your account and due to this specific case we have provide you additional refunds as a courtesy. We are sorry you encounter this issue with our product and hope that our new resolution help us amend this situation. Best Regards, LiveCareer

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Questions? Get answers from the LiveCareer staff and other customers.

6 Photos for LiveCareer