Review of LiveCareer

LiveCareer reviews

Tel: 800-652-8430
customerservice@livecareer.com
2017 Customer choice award
Create a professional, job-ready resume in minutes
Learn More

ejuraa
12/8/17

Nicole was really understanding and helpful. I have no reason to complain about the service I received because it was excellent. Merry Christmas in advance.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hi Ejura,
Thank you for sharing your experience with Nicole ; we’ll be sure to pass along your positive review. If there’s anything else we can assist you with just contact us.
ousmanj
12/5/17

Mari was very helpful and am happy with my service ...................... Mary Christmas in advance

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hi Ousman,
We’re always thrilled to hear from happy customers. Thank you for sharing your experience! If you need further help, please do not hesitate to contact us.
carolyns100
12/3/17

I was having issues accessing my cover letter and Juan Morales was very helpful. He knew exactly where to look in order to help me and my issue was quickly resolved.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hi Carolyn,
We’re proud to know that Juan was able to provide assistance with your request. Since we’re committed to providing top-notch customer service, reviews like this one really make our days. Thank you so much!
masons37
11/22/17

pertinent review of my cv. showed me many handy suggestions to improve. dissect the problems in my cv in a number of ways.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hi Mason,
Thank you for your feedback and for rating us with five stars!
arieln3
11/13/17
• Updated review

I attempted to contact LiveCareer after my first negative experience with their services. I requested a refund for my previous charges and asked them to cancel my account. No refund came, but I continued to be charged for their monthly services. Several chats and emails later, the subscription to services I never agreed to continue have finally canceled, but they have not told me they were issuing a refund for any of their charges. They just want your credit card info so they can continue to charge you and they make it incredibly difficult to cancel. STAY AWAY.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hi Ariel,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Ariel. We strive to deliver A+ customer service and apologize for a not-so-great experience. Shortly, you will receive a direct message so we can look into this situation for you. We’ll be in touch soon! Thanks again.
“Bad formatting, creates mistakes on your work documents”
10/27/17
• Previous review

This website will create formatting errors on your resumes and cover letters and then "find" them to make you think their service is useful. Total SCAM, refused to offer me a refund.

Response from Andy R., LiveCareer Representative
katiet42
10/19/17

I love the service, the templates, examples, and formats of Resume Now. The price is excellent for what you can do with the service to create the perfect resume. There are several ways to talk to customer service as well, and they are extremely courteous, helpful and informative.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello Katie, thanks for taking the time to review us. We’re proud to know that our experts were able to resolve your situation and that you were pleased with our service. If you need anything in the future, just let us know. Thank you!
farzina
10/17/17

They have a great customer service, I am so happy to contact them because when I connected them via the internet, they answered immediately.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hi Farzin,
giob4
10/12/17

Had a chat with Monica @ Livecareer. Her "tone" in her messages was helpful, attentive, quick and efficient. Love easy (customer care) conversations

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hi Gio,
We’re proud to know that Gio was able to provide assistance with your request. Since we’re committed to providing top-notch customer service, reviews like this one really make our days. Thank you so much!
ad8295
10/12/17

I called and spoke with a very helpful, diligent rep by the name of Michael Rivera. I had a hard time online finding a way to enroll for a monthly plan. He advised me that I could enroll for a 14 day trial period which would cost me only $1.95, then after I could roll right into a month to month membership. I've used this product in the past and find this site to be one of the best resume builder sites out there. There are so many templates to choose from and the assistance with creating professional bullet points is so very helpful. Customer service was terrific and guided me to where I needed to go. Thank you!

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hi AD,
Thank you for sharing your experience with Michael, we’ll be sure to pass along your positive review. If there’s anything else we can assist you with just contact us.
asht179
10/3/17

I'm usually a stickler for reviewing terms and conditions before I sign up for something and do not remember seeing anything about the hidden fees, but maybe the panic I was in from losing my resume caused me to be careless. After being charged $65 for failing to cancel my subscription, I called customer service and was ridiculed for being stupid enough to sign up for something without reading the fine print. Literally, the rep scolded me like I was a child. I certainly learned my lesson, but any "business" that aims to make their money hoping people don't read the fine print does not deserve your patronage and should be shut down. No wonder they aren't accredited by the Better Business Bureau. Do not use this company.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hi Ash,
We’re sorry that you may have gotten the wrong impression of our service and subscription resume builder service. Our free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume and cover letter builder before deciding to purchase. Our website clearly and conspicuously states our terms on various pages in the purchase process. For example, when the consumer is given a choice between our different products, the terms of the subscription are in bullet points next to their selection, and again on the payment page. Consumers receive an email confirming their subscriptions as soon as they complete their purchase. The confirmation email states: "Your subscription begins immediately and renews automatically" followed by the corresponding date and purchase price. If you have any additional concerns regarding your account, please feel free to contact us at Social@LiveCareer.com so we can provide with further assistance.
Thank you!
carreif
9/28/17

Nicole Fernandez was amazing!!! i was in a mad panic at the thought of my resume that I had worked so hard on was gone!! But she was able to find it and bring it back to my page. She answered all of my other questions quickly and in a very professional manner! SHE WAS AMAZING!!! She made me day!!! Thank you so much Nicole

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hi Carrei,
Thank you for sharing your experience with Nicole, we’ll be sure to pass along your positive review. If there’s anything else we can assist you with just contact us.
sr505
9/22/17

I am so tired of people and their hidden fees, just make it known to consumers up front without any hidden clauses, fees, etc. Just a waist of time. You can see that you don't even get a sum or total until the very end of building your resume.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hi S R.,
We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. We’re sorry to hear that your experience with us left you wanting more. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns regarding our service.
Thank you.
carolyns93
9/19/17

I used this website to make a resume for my college. The resume creator was super helpful and guides you every step of the way! Although, one thing to watch out for is that there will be a recurring cost eventually, so keep an eye out for that!
I also just wanted to say that I had to talk to someone from customer service, his name was Juan Morales, and he was so fantastically helpful and patient. Overall, fantastic website!

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hi Carolyn!
Thank you for sharing your experience with Juan Morales; we’ll be sure to pass along your positive review. If there’s anything else we can assist you with just contact us.
scots10
9/12/17

Please all job seekers do not use this site! They use hidden annual subscription fees. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE EVER!!

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Scot. We strive to deliver A+ customer service and apologize for a not-so-great experience. Shortly, you will receive a direct message so we can look into this situation for you. We’ll be in touch soon! Thanks again.
peterr136
9/9/17

I appreciated how nice Patricia was when I called and had questions about LiveCareer. My phone call was answered quickly and got everything token care of by one person.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hi Peter,
We’re proud to know that Patricia was able to provide assistance with your request. Since we’re committed to providing top-notch customer service, reviews like this one really make our days. Thank you so much!
tylerh74
8/25/17

With the help of their resume and cover letter tools I got multiple interview requests and job offers. Whether that was due to the help of their product or just my overall awesomeness, who knows?! ;-) Subscription is a little pricey but worth it for a month or two. They clearly state that you will be enrolled in reoccurring monthly payments when you sign up, so be mindful of that. When you want to cancel, just live chat with them and it's a simple process. Alejandro and Andres were very helpful both times I live chatted. They offered reduced pricing to keep me from cancelling (as low as $4 a month for life). Very temping. Would use again but hopefully I won't need to. B-)

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
We appreciate the positive feedback, Tyler, and we’re happy to hear that we were able to help you in your job search. We’re also proud to know that Alejandro and Andres were able to provide assistance with your request. Since we’re committed to providing top-notch customer service, reviews like this one really make our days. Thank you so much!
And by the way.......Congrats on the new job!!!!!!!!
rohans21
8/23/17

I like the way they help out the people. Working at the odd hours also adds to my astonishment! Just need no worry about anything.
It was really a good platform to get things done easily and quickly

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
That’s what we like to hear, Rohan. Our customer service team is always here to help. Thank you for sharing your experience.
michelep45
8/21/17

I used site to create mine resume, cover letters, and family member resumes. I also used their resume review service. As a recent job candidate that has not had to look for job for 15 years, I found their format and ease of use very beneficial.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hi Michele,
We’re always thrilled to hear from happy customers. Thanks for trusting us with helping you build out your resume and for sharing your experience with us! If you need further help, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Wishing you the best of luck in your career!
dees78
8/7/17

I think I managed to write my resume on this site without paying, and submit it for review... and got back many requests to buy the full review to tell me how wrong the resume is to help me buy the service to improve my resume. I did not buy ANY upgrades or extra services. So that was good. I think I did not spend ANY money. BUT THEN I googled one of my projects... and my resume came up! Here! on LiveCareer.com site! WIthout my name, but everything else (including my ZIP code, my wording, my job titles, my employers and clients, etc. etc. CLEARLY MY RESUME AND EASY TO CROSS-CHECK ON ANYTHING ON THE INTERNET. Argh! I felt like this was a lot less privacy than other sites like LinkedIn (where I control my privacy) and also Indeed (where my resume is available only to those looking for it, not everybody). So I went to customer service to chat to ask for my resume to be taken down. They said it will happen in a few days... no confirmation #, no email to be sent before or after :( So how do I know it will happen? Sadly, I don't. I don't trust this company and wouldn't trust them if they swore they were lying. But at least I have't lost $ yet.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hi Dee,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Dee. We’re disappointed to know that you’ve had this experience with us and you can rest assured that we are more than willing to assist you with your concern. Shortly, you will receive a direct message so we can look into this situation and protect your privacy. Thank you!
leannw3
8/4/17

I wish there was an option for less than 1 star for this company.
When you sign up, they tell you it's a monthly fee of $19.95 which I was ok with as I am actually in need of constant resume updating for both my boyfriend and I. What they don't tell you is that even if you choose to not get the extra Resume Review product, an additional $19.95 charge, that they still charge you for it. I called and emailed in, as well used their online chat option, and still was not able to get this unauthorized, fraudulent charge refunded. I kept getting told a "Professional Services" department would call or email me within 24-48 hours and still have yet to hear from them. They then cancelled my subscription as a "courtesy" when I actually wanted to keep it. It's incredible that they are able to keep customers when they literally steal your money for services you specifically request to not have and then refuse to contact you back.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
We’re sorry that you had this experience, Leann. We take all feedback very seriously and we’re more than willing to assist you with your situation. Please contact us at Social@LiveCareer.com. With your reply, we would appreciate it if you could include the email address you used to create your account with us or the account ID so we can locate your information. Thank you!
cindeew
7/30/17

if you sign up for one product, they automatically sign you up for a monthly service and their cancellation process is not clearly stated. Do not use this site as it encourages these inappropriate practices of literally taking you money.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hi Cindee.

We’re sorry that you may have gotten the wrong impression of our service and subscription resume builder service. We would like to provide you some information which may clear up any concerns about your account:

Our free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume and cover letter builder before deciding to purchase. The ability to print, email, or download your resumes and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription and not listed as a feature of the free account. You can download a plain text version of your resume for free.
In order to use all premium features of the service, we offer customers a 14 day access for $1.95 USD and we indicate up front that it will auto renew after the 14 day period and that it can be canceled at any time.
The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14-day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation e-mail stating the date and amount of the auto-renewal.
We do offer several ways to cancel including via phone, live chat, e-mail and self-cancellation in your Account Settings. If you have any additional concerns regarding your account, please feel free to contact us at Social@LiveCareer.com so we can provide with further assistance.
Thank you!
barbarae44
7/30/17

Cancellation of my subscription, this product is sooo good and have used it to help my son, I now longer need there help.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hi Barbara,
We’re proud to know that Carlos was able to provide assistance with your request. Since we’re committed to providing top-notch customer service, reviews like this one really make our days. Thank you so much!
edp40
7/29/17

My daughter signed up for a one-time trial two years ago, not realizing that she was signing up for a subscription. She logged back in this month to see if her data was still there -- and we were charged $19.95. Our credit card's fraud department flagged it. We're disputing the charge. Live Career said it would not grant a refund because "the charge has gone through." Look elsewhere if you want to write a resume -- LiveCareer is scamming you.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Ed. We strive to deliver A+ customer service and apologize for a not-so-great experience. Shortly, you will receive a direct message so we can look into this situation for you. We’ll be in touch soon! Thanks again.
janr65
7/25/17

I used this service to create a resume, which I wasn't able to ultimately use because their formatting doesn't allow you to make any adjustments to the final product and I needed to. So, I canceled the subscription. Months later I find that they've used my resume as an "example" and my personal employment and education experience is online for anyone to see if they google my name and location (though my name and address don't show up on the page). I've emailed them several times to have them take my information down but they respond like they don't understand me and keep telling me I don't have an active account. I may need to report this to the BBB. I definitely do not recommend this service.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hi Jan,
We’re sorry to hear that your experience with us was less than great; is it possible to continue our conversation via DM?
emmab124
7/20/17

i have used live career many times to write cvs and cover letters and even to look for jobs !! This time i decided to start a paid membership so that i could email and also print the finished resumes and cover letters- i decided to pay for one month and then cancel immediately. at one point i was told i was entitled to a resume review which i thought was great , and assumed that it was free ....only to find out that i was charged $24 !!!! its left me with a very sour taste in my mouth. i was a big fan but now i will think again about using this website - the trust has gone !

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Emma. We strive to deliver A+ customer service and apologize for a not-so-great experience. Shortly, you will receive a direct message so we can look into this situation for you. We’ll be in touch soon! Thanks again.

Our free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchaser ability to print, email, or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription and not listed as a feature of the free account. However you can download a plain text version of your resume for free. To be able to use all premium futures of the service we offer customer a 14 days access for $1.95 and we indicate up front that it will auto renew after the 14 days and that it can be cancel at any time. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings. We are very committed to providing great customer service. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team. Please contact us directly if you have any further issues. You can email me at customerservice@livecareer.com or send us a private message here, we will be more than glad to address all your concerns. Best Regards, Live Career

By Laura T. [LiveCareer Rep]

This is what the site advertised: For 14 day access, $14.95, and for a year $39.80. However, signing up for ANY service aloows the site to store your payment information for further billing, and getting in touch with them, much less obtaining help is nigh impossible. After two weeks they will pull $39.80 MONTHLY from your payment method (please see my review and others on Google and yelp for further verification of this).

By Tameka H.

Do not use this site!

By Alana L.

I had to cancel my Debit Card account with Bank of America, because the Bank refused to block LiveCareer from my account. I wonder if they are in cahoots or what??? I believe a class action suit may be required so we can get our funds back.

By William P.

Dont waste your time trying to contact them. I went to my bank and had all future billing refused AND I went to the State Attorney General and reported them.

By c j.

Call your bank and change your card number Call them and let them know you have contacted your bank and will contact the better business bureau of you don't get a full refund. Then contact the better bBB and file a formal complaint. You will have a refund within a week. That's how I got my money back

By Eliza S.

I tried phoning Anna and I live in new Zealand. No luck. I've also emailed a lot. Our only way out was to cancel my card and my husbands. They won't refund any of it. We have lost nearly $200 in two months. Good luck. I hope you can get something out of them.

By Merryl A.
Questions? Get answers from the LiveCareer staff and other customers.

4 Photos for LiveCareer