Review of LiveCareer

San Francisco, CA 94102, US
Tel: 800-652-8430
customerservice@livecareer.com
2018 Customer choice award
Create a professional, job-ready resume in minutes
Learn More

leroyw25
4/8/19

Steve was helpful. I explained that I had forgotten that I signed up and that I was billed twice within a week. I decided well, the first $24.95 charge - which was attempted a couple of times until it finally billed late in the cycle - I'll eat, but the second $24.95 came a little soon thereafter on schedule but messed up my personal cash flow.

Steve got me a refund of the second $24.95 charge, and offered my full access to the site for only $4.95 a month. I will review the site tools to see if it can help me truly find another better paying job. Thanks much to Steve for his help.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Leroy -

You're very welcome! We offer plenty of learning material on the website to help you out in lots of different ways. We provide guides and tips on how to build a professional resume and cover letter. You'll also find an interview preparation tool, with sample videos and the types of questions that are typically asked, to make sure you make a lasting first impression. Plus, we have a ton of articles and reading material to help you out as best we can.

meetd
4/8/19

Hi dear all ,

I would love to get this review reviewed by the owner and founder of the company !

I am a subscriber who called to cancel the membership @livecareers ! The employee named as "Victor Vargas" assisted me with everything !
He literally solved all the issues i had ! Took care of all the concerns i had ! Convinced me to stay with the company !

Being a marketing manager of a company i can identify the talent of a person !!
I would say victor is one of the best customer service rep. That your company can ever have !

Thanks a lot for the best service !

Regards,
A happy subscriber.
Meet.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Meet -

We're so happy to hear that you decided to keep our services, we are committed to providing excellent service and it’s great to hear that Victor delivered our promise to you. If you need further help, let us know!
judyg176
4/4/19

We called to cancel an account that was cancelled 9 months ago with a documented email and they did not refund the money. I am opening a dispute with my credit card company.

2 days later: updated to 2 stars from 1 star.
After my credit card company contacted them I was able to get all my money back. They sent me an email stating that they were wrong and the account should have been canceled based on my email.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Judy -

We sincerely apologize for this whole misunderstanding, we absolutely understand your concern. Our goal is to make sure you’re satisfied with our service. If we’ve fallen short on that for you, we deeply apologize. If you ever need help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as we'll be very happy to assist you personally with anything you need.
katyl16
4/4/19

When I had questions about my account, Manny was on it. He resolved all of my concerns, and did so very quickly. 10/10 would reccomend.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Katy -

Thank you for recommending us, we always strive to make our customers happy and we take your feedback to heart. In fact, we rely on it to continually improve our customer’s experience.
chrisk397
3/20/19

Really - for the money you can't go wrong. I found the online services easy to use and saved me tons of time trying to do this myself. Customer Service Representative, Elizabeth Ram was extremely friendly and helpful. I was able to get through to her right away! I would recommend LiveCareer's services to anyone wanting a professional resume and cover letter service.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Chris -

Thank you for sharing your experience, we’re thrilled to hear that is was easy to use and that you managed to save time by using our services. Our Customer Service Team is committed to providing excellent service and it’s great to hear that Elizabeth delivered our promise to you. If you need further help, let us know!
laurieb143
2/22/19

The site is very good it's easy to fill out information about your resume in your life and they just send you updates on new jobs that come in so I really appreciate that and I had a problem and called the 800 number and the person was very nice and very understanding and helped me to get what I needed to continue with life recovery app

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Laurie:

Thank you for trusting us with your resume, we’re happy to hear that is was as easy as 1, 2, 3! It’s great to hear that you’re pleased with our services. We hope it makes all the difference in helping you get the job you desire.
lashondaa2
2/22/19

Customer Service Rep Romaine was amazing! He took his time and not only resolved my issue but he also make sure I was aware of benefits available for me!

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Lashonda:

Thanks for sharing your experience with Romaine, it's great to hear that he took the time to resolve your issue and provided you with all of our benefits. We’ll be sure to pass along your positive feedback. If there’s anything else we can assist you with, don’t hesitate to ask!
muralidharanp
1/31/19

I used their website for a day to build my resume, and paid 3$ which I feel is fair. They charged me 25$ after 2 weeks which seems their policy. I spoke to their customer service and the guy was polite and promised me the money will be refunded. Which never happened, so I had to get with my bank and dispute the charge Looks like they fought back with BOA and reverted the charge. Their customer service is outsourced and the sweet words are a lie. I would suggest to be careful, they were unwilling to send any details thru email when I called them again regarding the same.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Muralidharan:

We are truly sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear that you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news. Upon further account evaluation, we are unable to offer you a refund at this time. Our decision is based on the fact that as a customer, you chose to contact your financial institution before contacting us to provide the refunds to your account. Since these charges were disputed, you will need to contact your bank so they can provide you with the proper resolution. Once your bank intervenes, it is no longer up to us, because the charges were already disputed.

We hope that this information helps clear things up. If you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as we'll be very happy to assist you personally with anything you need. We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. Please feel free to contact us in case you have further questions.
jessicad256
1/14/19

By far helped me out with what I needed 10/10 would recommend because was by far satisfied. Also customer service is really nice and helps you out a lot

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Jessica:

You just made our day, thanks for scoring us with 10/10! :D
We strive to make all of our customers happy and we take every feedback to heart. In fact, we rely on it to continually improve our customer’s experience.
robd132
1/8/19

Customer service rep Jorge V was excellent with me helping me when I like others failed to pay attention to auto renew terms but credited back my registration fee and helped with understanding to guide me with true professionalism about there company. With that being said I decided to continue to be a customer Thanks for your Help

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Rob D:

Thank you for sharing your experience with our agent Jorge, we're happy to hear that he was able to help and guide you. If there’s ever anything that we can assist you with, please don’t hesitate to ask!
jamesj632
12/5/18

I am a retiree living on a fixed income who clicked on the LiveCareer website. Not paying close attention to the auto renew terms for the 14-day trial period, I took advantage of certain services. When confronted by the renewal charge, I called the company and spoke with Lenny (Badge #418). He was super professional, credited back my full registration fee and proceeded to offer me access to the website for a modest continuing fee. I accepted but also acquired the cancellation date in the future to stop all future charges if I chose. All in all, the experience was highlighted by the knowledge and professionalism of Lenny. I would highly recommend this website for the job seeker.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, James:

Reviews like this really make our day! We’re excited to hear that Lenny was able to assist you with your request and provide you with excellent service. We’ll be sure to let him know your positive thoughts. :)
dg243
11/28/18

Excellent resume & letter templates. BUT BEWARE it will charge you to save/send any docs & automatically debits your account monthly unless you cancel within 14days which isn't as easy as it should be. The job search & other features are only useful if you live in the US.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, D. G:

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback, we’re always happy to hear it! We’re constantly looking to make our services better and listening to our customers is a big part of that. With that in mind, we’ve passed your comments to our team so we can keep improving.
sahithic
11/28/18

It was really good working with LiveCareer. They listen to our issues patiently and try to resolve them which gives us complete satisfaction.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Sahithi:

Thanks for sharing your experience! We're committed to providing excellent service and it’s amazing to hear we delivered our promise to you. If you need further help, let us know!
dawnh387
11/28/18

I love the assistance with my cover letter but I couldn't justify the monthly fee. So I called & spoke to a rep who was beyond helpful with his suggestions and answers to questions about my resume & work history. He even offered to reduce the fee to an affordable amount. He was very patient and kind. I will always be thankful & grateful for his help with my job search approach.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Dawn:

Way to make our day, reviews like yours keep us going. We are always here for you, so if there’s anything else we can assist you with, just get in touch at any time! :D
kashyapd
11/26/18

I had created my account only an hour back to get myself a resume print. I don't want this subscription and when i try to cancel my subscription online under the settings tab the website doesn't allow me to cancel. Error / warning i get is that there is more than one subscription on this account. I have dropped the customer support an email regarding this.

Also my account was charged 4 times for the subscription as the first time when i tried making the payment i got http://502 bad gateway. I refreshed the page and payment was done multiple times.

I NEED TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY

Can the customer support please deactivate my account immediately and also refund my money charged additionally

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Kashyap:

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you, under no circumstance do we like to hear this. However, we would love to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding the error on the account. After verifying the account it seems that you contacted our Customer Service Department on November 23, 2018, requesting cancellation, as well as a refund, do to the error our system generated. Both requests have been successfully processed as requested.

We hope that this information helps clear things up and again we apologize for this issue. If you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as we'll be very happy to assist you personally with anything you need.
ericb391
10/19/18

I couldn't login is correctly and I didn't see my resume. I asked a million questions and she was so respectful and patient with me.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Eric -

Our apologies for this inconvenience, we're happy to hear that our agent was able to resolve this issue in a patient and respectful matter. If you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as we'll be very happy to assist you personally with anything you need.
jongbump
10/11/18

I had no idea on how to write my resume in English at first place. However, thanks to this LiveCareer I had no problem in generating my resume in a couple of hours. Besides, first I made a mistake of paying higher rate plan than I originally planned. There was this chatting facility that resolved my concern. She/he accepted my requested and changed my payment plan to a cheaper one which I wanted to purchase.
Thank you very much, I hope you prosper.

JB

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Jongbum:

You're very welcome and thank you for taking the time to review us! We’re proud to know that our agents were able to offer you a better pricing option and that you were pleased with our services. If you need anything in the future, please get in touch at any time.
marcusm88
9/30/18

Miss Grijalba was by far the best customer support I've ever talked to within my years of battling customer services across various companies. I highly recommend this support tech to any one. Quick, very kind, helpful, and a terrific problem solver. This website is very helpful even to those simple minded people such as myself when it comes to creating a resume. Very simple to use as well as helpful when choosing the right type of words to add onto your resume. 10/10

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Marcus:

We’re thrilled to hear that Miss Grijalba was quick, kind, helpful and provide you with excellent service. We’ll be sure to let her know your positive thoughts.
mohamede52
9/30/18

I have faced a problem with my subscribtion renewal and i found a professional customer service team who were able to solve and help me, thank you

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Mohamed:

You're very welcome and thank you for sharing your experience with us! It's great to hear that we were able to help you solve this issue in a professional way. If there’s anything else we can do, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
grosbynr
9/28/18

I used this service for a class in school which required me to update my resume. The experience couldn't have been better. My resume turned out great and when I called to cancel my subscription, Lennin was extremely professional and helpful. I would definitely recommend this service to my family, friends and colleagues.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Grosbyn:

We hope it makes all the difference in helping you get the job you desire and thank you for trusting us with your resume, it’s great to hear that you’re pleased with your resume.
joec464
9/24/18

Ronney was very helpful and professional in spite of my rude opening statement. Well done. He explained how the system works and why I was charged for a premium membership. I only needed a copy and he took care of the charges for me.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Joe:

We’re thrilled to hear that Ronney was able to assist you with your request and provide you with excellent service. We’ll be sure to let him know your possitive comments.
brookeb82
9/21/18

I was highly impressed with the customer service team. They were extremely helpful with any questions/issues, and were extremely courteous and knowledgeable.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Brooke:

Thank you for sharing your experience! Our Customer Service Team is committed to providing excellent service and it’s great to hear we delivered our promise to you. If you need further help, let us know!
samarh2
9/12/18

Great customer service. They really went above and beyond. Very quick to resolve the issue and very courteous.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Samar:

Way to make our day, reviews like yours keep us going. Our Customer Service Agents are always here for you, so if there’s anything else we can assist you with, just get in touch.
kellyc343
9/2/18

I am considering switching either jobs or careers. LiveCareer has everything necessary for the job-seeker. It's been a few years since I needed to look for a job, but their customer support counselors are helpful, patient, and kind.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Kelly:

shibup
8/27/18

Josue was very polite and quick in responding. Best thing was that he also gave me a compliment offer to continue my subscription. But sadly i do not use this website that much for a monthly subscription.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Shibu:

Reviews like this really make our day. we’re thrilled to hear that Josue was able to assist you with your request and provide you with excellent service. We’ll be sure to let him know your comments.

Helpful answer -1

Our free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchaser ability to print, email, or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription and not listed as a feature of the free account. However you can download a plain text version of your resume for free. To be able to use all premium futures of the service we offer customer a 14 days access for $1.95 and we indicate up front that it will auto renew after the 14 days and that it can be cancel at any time. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings. We are very committed to providing great customer service. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team. Please contact us directly if you have any further issues. You can email me at customerservice@livecareer.com or send us a private message here, we will be more than glad to address all your concerns. Best Regards, Live Career

Do not use this site!

By Alana L.

This is what the site advertised: For 14 day access, $14.95, and for a year $39.80. However, signing up for ANY service aloows the site to store your payment information for further billing, and getting in touch with them, much less obtaining help is nigh impossible. After two weeks they will pull $39.80 MONTHLY from your payment method (please see my review and others on Google and yelp for further verification of this).

By Tameka H.

I had to cancel my Debit Card account with Bank of America, because the Bank refused to block LiveCareer from my account. I wonder if they are in cahoots or what??? I believe a class action suit may be required so we can get our funds back.

By William P.

Dont waste your time trying to contact them. I went to my bank and had all future billing refused AND I went to the State Attorney General and reported them.

By c j.

Call your bank and change your card number Call them and let them know you have contacted your bank and will contact the better business bureau of you don't get a full refund. Then contact the better bBB and file a formal complaint. You will have a refund within a week. That's how I got my money back

By Eliza S.

I tried phoning Anna and I live in new Zealand. No luck. I've also emailed a lot. Our only way out was to cancel my card and my husbands. They won't refund any of it. We have lost nearly $200 in two months. Good luck. I hope you can get something out of them.

By Merryl A.
Helpful answer -1

We apologize for any inconveniences you may have experience while using the service. We are committed to provide great customer service so we can definitely verify your account and provide you with further assistance. May you please contact us via our support email customerservice@livecareer.com so we can assist you in resolving all the concerns that you may have on your account.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

It was a great resume....but I agree w/ other posts....MAKE SURE YOU CANCEL!!!!

By Denise C.

Hi D: Thank you for taking the time and submitting your question! We have analyzed your account and due to this specific case we have provide you additional refunds as a courtesy. We are sorry you encounter this issue with our product and hope that our new resolution help us amend this situation. Best Regards, LiveCareer

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Questions? Get answers from the LiveCareer staff and other customers.

8 Photos for LiveCareer