Review of LiveCareer

San Francisco, CA 94102, US
Tel: 800-652-8430
customerservice@livecareer.com
2018 Customer choice award
Create a professional, job-ready resume in minutes
Learn More

tamim49
7/15/19

Hope I got acct no right, she talked fast. Tho I was canceling, she said something about $3 per month after this year. I will be calling to ensure acct is canceled as I already pd for one yr in full! She was nice enough to try to explain but I am not yet convinced I'm not going to get charged $3 per month!! Even got an email from you guys claiming thanks for my service of $3 a month. I will be calling again!

madelyna4
7/12/19

Kenneth answered my formatting questions and made a few content suggestions that helped give my resume a more polished look.

Thank you for your expertise, kindness, and patience, Kenneth!

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Madelyn, we greatly appreciate you taking out the time to give Kenneth a shout-out for his impeccable customer service! We love it when our customers are happy with their new resumes and we hope you land the position you're looking for soon!
andrewt256
6/20/19

The software itself is pretty good, but they will keep charging you until you see it on your bank statement. They will not reimburse very much, not a fan of this kind of service.

Tip for consumers: make sure to cancel your subscription

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hi Andrew, we're glad to hear that you enjoyed our software! Customers continue to incur charges until they cancel their subscription with us. We do not aim to be sneaky with our clients and we do disclose the terms of our subscription at several points. We welcome the opportunity and hope that you'll change your mind about us!
rhondap107
6/18/19

The customer support was amazing. Mr. Ronnie Grant (I.D. 23) walked me through step by step with much patience. My original score was boost up with my resume once he made the changes while coaching me on the phone. My cover letter is marketable and a sure fit for my anticipated new role as an Assistant Dean of Business School. Thank you Ron for your help. I truly appreciate it!!!!

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hi Rhonda,

Firstly, we wish you all the best in landing your new role as the Assistant Dean of Business School! Thank you for taking out the time to recognize Ronnie's above and beyond customer service!
lorrainer83
6/18/19

Ron really helped me out when I needed a refund for an accidental charge. He was very patient and listened to me present my problem. He then helped as best he could and I really appreciate it.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Thanks for the great feedback Lorraine! We're so glad to hear that Ron was able to assist you all the while leaving you with a great impression!
johns3862
5/31/19

LiveCareer's aim is to help us get work and they are not an expensive service for doing so, so thank you, LiveCareer.

I thought I had a good CV but the LiveCareer service helped me improve it by a lot more and it was much simpler to use than any editing in MS Word, etc. The robo auto filler is a good idea that had a hit and miss success rate, but it was still very easy to just open two windows and copy and paste the relevant content from my LiveCareer account.

Customer service was amazing and very responsive to my requests.

In all, when I am back on the job market, I will definitely use their services again and appreciate that they are trying to automate a very tedious part of the modern online job search (filling information online on countless web pages) and doing so at a cheap price.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
John,

Thank you so much for your glowing review of our product and customer service! We truly do try to help all of our customers and we're glad that you noticed! We'll certainly be here waiting to help you should you ever go back on the job market!
shubhangib
5/16/19

Hi Team,
I have used live career for resume making on 21st Jan 2019 it cost me 2.95$.
After that I never used your site but my credit card has be billed 4 times after that (4* 24.95)$. Without any intimation that your subscription has started, this is absolutely fraud business model in terms of payment point of view, You should at least sent a mail for subscription start confirmation and each bill should be mailed as well.
Is this just a loophole or you guys are trying to exploit. Please think about it some one is making their resume on your site and your way of subscription is costing him 96$, Kindly process the refund and change your subscription model so that before monthly subscription will start you should take confirmation from user whether they want to go ahead with this subscription or not.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello Shubhangi,

We deeply apologize if there was any confusion on the terms of our subscription. Please allow us a moment to clarify. Once customers are enrolled in our 14-day trial, they are automatically enrolled in our monthly subscription service. This is the first instance in which notify customers that they may cancel at any time. We also indicate that if they do not wish to be charged for the recurring subscription, then they must cancel their subscription before the end of the 14-day trial either through their account or by contacting us. We clearly explain that unless you self-cancel or request cancelation before the 14-day trial expires, you authorize us to charge your account every four weeks at the current rate of the subscription.

The auto-renewal information is listed in multiple areas such as the:
-Sell page
-Payment information page
-Processing payment page
-Order confirmation page
-Payment confirmation e-mail

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and hope that we were able to leave you with a better impression of us!
vasudhae
5/11/19

After the trial period i was charged two months even though i didn't use their services.
There is no any email or any information regarding the charges every month. I just randomly checked my credit card and found out that i was charged.
Customer service is horrible. They said it is how they work. They said they don't have the policy of refund once paid.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hi Vasudha,

We were quite disturbed to hear that initially, you did not receive the best customer service that we have to offer! It is common that some of our customers overlook the terms of our subscription conditions and we're glad that we were able to clarify any confusion. Our records indicate that after reaching out to you, as a courtesy (and based on your service usage), we issued you a full refund for the recurring subscription for which you were charged. We're glad that we were able to find a resolution, provide you with our top-notch customer service on which we pride ourselves, and leave you with a better impression of us! Thank you!
patsyb45
5/10/19

Getting assistance with my cover letters was very helpful. And, they were very easy to work with when I was ready to cancel.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Patsy, we're so glad to hear that you found us to be helpful! We thank you for sharing your positive experience!
johnj816
5/9/19

charged twice for my signup. waiting for reply from LiveCareer.
Dont recommend this service based on my experience.

No reply from their support, looks like a Fraud.
Stay away!!
Going to ask my bank to cancel/query Transactions

Response from Brandice W., LiveCareer Representative
Hello John,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Our records indicate that one of our customer service representatives has reached out to you to resolve your issue. We certainly do not partake in any fraud and maintain that we would like to find a resolution for you. Please be on the lookout for a private message from us so that we can resolve the matter. Thank you!
alexist44
5/8/19

I let my trial lapse and contacted LiveCareer via a chat option on their site. A staff member named Jerickson was incredibly pleasant helpful in providing a solution (refund and a more affordable monthly subscription rate). They could have told me no since it was my fault that the trial lapsed, but that wasn't the case! A+ customer service. I am also very happy with the resume and cover letter that I created with this service. Highly recommend!

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Wow Alexis! We really appreciate you taking out the time to share your positive experience with us! It makes us ecstatic to hear that you had such a smooth process and that we were able to help you get the resume and cover letter you wanted! Thank you for the glowing recommendation!
karonr3
5/6/19

I accidentally bought a package for 95 dollars and when I called customer support a nice female by the name of Sara went with me through the process and got my refund back!

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Karon thanks for the nice shout-out for Sara! We're glad that she was able to help!
richardh705
4/29/19

Vanessa assisted me for quite sometime, she is competent , very helpful, excellent personality worked on my resume and got it perfected was very pleased with her abilities. She is top Notch should be recognized for her skills and excellent customer service skills have not had such experience as such before.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Richard, we're thrilled to hear you speak so highly of Vanessa and the excellent level of customer service she provided you with! We greatly appreciate you taking out the time to leave such wonderful feedback!
leroyw25
4/8/19

Steve was helpful. I explained that I had forgotten that I signed up and that I was billed twice within a week. I decided well, the first $24.95 charge - which was attempted a couple of times until it finally billed late in the cycle - I'll eat, but the second $24.95 came a little soon thereafter on schedule but messed up my personal cash flow.

Steve got me a refund of the second $24.95 charge, and offered my full access to the site for only $4.95 a month. I will review the site tools to see if it can help me truly find another better paying job. Thanks much to Steve for his help.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Leroy -

You're very welcome! We offer plenty of learning material on the website to help you out in lots of different ways. We provide guides and tips on how to build a professional resume and cover letter. You'll also find an interview preparation tool, with sample videos and the types of questions that are typically asked, to make sure you make a lasting first impression. Plus, we have a ton of articles and reading material to help you out as best we can.

meetd
4/8/19

Hi dear all ,

I would love to get this review reviewed by the owner and founder of the company !

I am a subscriber who called to cancel the membership @livecareers ! The employee named as "Victor Vargas" assisted me with everything !
He literally solved all the issues i had ! Took care of all the concerns i had ! Convinced me to stay with the company !

Being a marketing manager of a company i can identify the talent of a person !!
I would say victor is one of the best customer service rep. That your company can ever have !

Thanks a lot for the best service !

Regards,
A happy subscriber.
Meet.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Meet -

We're so happy to hear that you decided to keep our services, we are committed to providing excellent service and it’s great to hear that Victor delivered our promise to you. If you need further help, let us know!
judyg176
4/4/19

We called to cancel an account that was cancelled 9 months ago with a documented email and they did not refund the money. I am opening a dispute with my credit card company.

2 days later: updated to 2 stars from 1 star.
After my credit card company contacted them I was able to get all my money back. They sent me an email stating that they were wrong and the account should have been canceled based on my email.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Judy -

We sincerely apologize for this whole misunderstanding, we absolutely understand your concern. Our goal is to make sure you’re satisfied with our service. If we’ve fallen short on that for you, we deeply apologize. If you ever need help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as we'll be very happy to assist you personally with anything you need.
katyl16
4/4/19

When I had questions about my account, Manny was on it. He resolved all of my concerns, and did so very quickly. 10/10 would reccomend.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Katy -

Thank you for recommending us, we always strive to make our customers happy and we take your feedback to heart. In fact, we rely on it to continually improve our customer’s experience.
chrisk397
3/20/19

Really - for the money you can't go wrong. I found the online services easy to use and saved me tons of time trying to do this myself. Customer Service Representative, Elizabeth Ram was extremely friendly and helpful. I was able to get through to her right away! I would recommend LiveCareer's services to anyone wanting a professional resume and cover letter service.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Chris -

Thank you for sharing your experience, we’re thrilled to hear that is was easy to use and that you managed to save time by using our services. Our Customer Service Team is committed to providing excellent service and it’s great to hear that Elizabeth delivered our promise to you. If you need further help, let us know!
laurieb143
2/22/19

The site is very good it's easy to fill out information about your resume in your life and they just send you updates on new jobs that come in so I really appreciate that and I had a problem and called the 800 number and the person was very nice and very understanding and helped me to get what I needed to continue with life recovery app

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Laurie:

Thank you for trusting us with your resume, we’re happy to hear that is was as easy as 1, 2, 3! It’s great to hear that you’re pleased with our services. We hope it makes all the difference in helping you get the job you desire.
lashondaa2
2/22/19

Customer Service Rep Romaine was amazing! He took his time and not only resolved my issue but he also make sure I was aware of benefits available for me!

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Lashonda:

Thanks for sharing your experience with Romaine, it's great to hear that he took the time to resolve your issue and provided you with all of our benefits. We’ll be sure to pass along your positive feedback. If there’s anything else we can assist you with, don’t hesitate to ask!
muralidharanp
1/31/19

I used their website for a day to build my resume, and paid 3$ which I feel is fair. They charged me 25$ after 2 weeks which seems their policy. I spoke to their customer service and the guy was polite and promised me the money will be refunded. Which never happened, so I had to get with my bank and dispute the charge Looks like they fought back with BOA and reverted the charge. Their customer service is outsourced and the sweet words are a lie. I would suggest to be careful, they were unwilling to send any details thru email when I called them again regarding the same.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Muralidharan:

We are truly sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear that you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news. Upon further account evaluation, we are unable to offer you a refund at this time. Our decision is based on the fact that as a customer, you chose to contact your financial institution before contacting us to provide the refunds to your account. Since these charges were disputed, you will need to contact your bank so they can provide you with the proper resolution. Once your bank intervenes, it is no longer up to us, because the charges were already disputed.

We hope that this information helps clear things up. If you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as we'll be very happy to assist you personally with anything you need. We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. Please feel free to contact us in case you have further questions.
jessicad256
1/14/19

By far helped me out with what I needed 10/10 would recommend because was by far satisfied. Also customer service is really nice and helps you out a lot

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Jessica:

You just made our day, thanks for scoring us with 10/10! :D
We strive to make all of our customers happy and we take every feedback to heart. In fact, we rely on it to continually improve our customer’s experience.
robd132
1/8/19

Customer service rep Jorge V was excellent with me helping me when I like others failed to pay attention to auto renew terms but credited back my registration fee and helped with understanding to guide me with true professionalism about there company. With that being said I decided to continue to be a customer Thanks for your Help

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, Rob D:

Thank you for sharing your experience with our agent Jorge, we're happy to hear that he was able to help and guide you. If there’s ever anything that we can assist you with, please don’t hesitate to ask!
jamesj632
12/5/18

I am a retiree living on a fixed income who clicked on the LiveCareer website. Not paying close attention to the auto renew terms for the 14-day trial period, I took advantage of certain services. When confronted by the renewal charge, I called the company and spoke with Lenny (Badge #418). He was super professional, credited back my full registration fee and proceeded to offer me access to the website for a modest continuing fee. I accepted but also acquired the cancellation date in the future to stop all future charges if I chose. All in all, the experience was highlighted by the knowledge and professionalism of Lenny. I would highly recommend this website for the job seeker.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, James:

Reviews like this really make our day! We’re excited to hear that Lenny was able to assist you with your request and provide you with excellent service. We’ll be sure to let him know your positive thoughts. :)
dg243
11/28/18

Excellent resume & letter templates. BUT BEWARE it will charge you to save/send any docs & automatically debits your account monthly unless you cancel within 14days which isn't as easy as it should be. The job search & other features are only useful if you live in the US.

Response from Laura T., LiveCareer Representative
Hello, D. G:

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback, we’re always happy to hear it! We’re constantly looking to make our services better and listening to our customers is a big part of that. With that in mind, we’ve passed your comments to our team so we can keep improving.

Helpful answer -1

Our free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchaser ability to print, email, or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription and not listed as a feature of the free account. However you can download a plain text version of your resume for free. To be able to use all premium futures of the service we offer customer a 14 days access for $1.95 and we indicate up front that it will auto renew after the 14 days and that it can be cancel at any time. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings. We are very committed to providing great customer service. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team. Please contact us directly if you have any further issues. You can email me at customerservice@livecareer.com or send us a private message here, we will be more than glad to address all your concerns. Best Regards, Live Career

Do not use this site!

By Alana L.

This is what the site advertised: For 14 day access, $14.95, and for a year $39.80. However, signing up for ANY service aloows the site to store your payment information for further billing, and getting in touch with them, much less obtaining help is nigh impossible. After two weeks they will pull $39.80 MONTHLY from your payment method (please see my review and others on Google and yelp for further verification of this).

By Tameka H.

I had to cancel my Debit Card account with Bank of America, because the Bank refused to block LiveCareer from my account. I wonder if they are in cahoots or what??? I believe a class action suit may be required so we can get our funds back.

By William P.

Dont waste your time trying to contact them. I went to my bank and had all future billing refused AND I went to the State Attorney General and reported them.

By c j.

Call your bank and change your card number Call them and let them know you have contacted your bank and will contact the better business bureau of you don't get a full refund. Then contact the better bBB and file a formal complaint. You will have a refund within a week. That's how I got my money back

By Eliza S.

I tried phoning Anna and I live in new Zealand. No luck. I've also emailed a lot. Our only way out was to cancel my card and my husbands. They won't refund any of it. We have lost nearly $200 in two months. Good luck. I hope you can get something out of them.

By Merryl A.
Helpful answer -1

We apologize for any inconveniences you may have experience while using the service. We are committed to provide great customer service so we can definitely verify your account and provide you with further assistance. May you please contact us via our support email customerservice@livecareer.com so we can assist you in resolving all the concerns that you may have on your account.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

It was a great resume....but I agree w/ other posts....MAKE SURE YOU CANCEL!!!!

By Denise C.

Hi D: Thank you for taking the time and submitting your question! We have analyzed your account and due to this specific case we have provide you additional refunds as a courtesy. We are sorry you encounter this issue with our product and hope that our new resolution help us amend this situation. Best Regards, LiveCareer

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Questions? Get answers from the LiveCareer staff and other customers.

14 Photos for LiveCareer